[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starcraft Lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 28

File: 1494205226793.png (834KB, 823x544px) Image search: [Google]
1494205226793.png
834KB, 823x544px
Better than 40keks edition.

In other news, why hasn't the UED returned yet?
>>
>>53145570
Trying to make sure they can actually bring their new tech now tha blizard can be arsed to render it
>>
Who would even care about this dead franchise?
>>
File: 1477655577020.jpg (76KB, 1065x859px) Image search: [Google]
1477655577020.jpg
76KB, 1065x859px
>SC2 expansions still cost 20-30 euro
>>
this is /tg/?

did someone fuck up /v/ again?
>>
>>53145856
>>
>>53146346
Do it in a d6 system, not 4e. 4e doesn't havr enough customization for race/class combos.

Honestly, you're best off making your own system for it.
>>
>>53145622
I'm Korean. I'm obligated to care.
>>
>>53146926
If I cut you, would you exude vespene?
>>
>>53145997
/v/ never talks about starcraft, and we they do bits only the gameplay, lore is /tg/ related for world building and the game does have an old rpg that some would like to build off of
>>
>>53145570
I was hoping the whole of WoL and HotS that the UED would show up to fuck with everyone in a hilariously lopsided battle. Did Broodwar imply the Zerg sent forces to Earth, which the UED was too scared to tell it's populace about?
>>
>>53147351
No, just that none of the UED fleet ever got back to earth
>>
File: AlexeiStukov_HotS_Head1.jpg (137KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
AlexeiStukov_HotS_Head1.jpg
137KB, 800x528px
>>53147351

I need more Stukov in my life. The addition of Stukov to the roster might actually convince me to play Heroes of the Storm.

I don't know what about that manly bad russian accent does it for me, but I squealed for centuries when he showed back up in HotS (spoiler alert I guess?).

Then again, I've got a thing for military necromancers and I noticed recently I've worked some kind of military necromancer into nearly every setting or session I've ever run. He fits the bill almost perfectly and I think his reappearance in HotS just struck all the right notes for me at a moment where those strikeable notes were particularly strikeworthy.

Like... seriously I'd get a Stukov bodypillow. Post-infestation, obviously.
>>
>>53147686
Faaaaaaaaag
>>
>>53147686
You're what's wrong with Starcraft.
>>
File: 1493298408867.jpg (139KB, 941x621px) Image search: [Google]
1493298408867.jpg
139KB, 941x621px
>>53145570
>starcraft lore thread
Reminder the Warcraft threads devolved into utter dogshit pile, after 2-3 months.

/tg/ isn't a kind place.
>>
>>53147935
Willing to admit but I plan to enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>53147781
For Stukov, yes.

>>53147874
I'm okay with that.
>>
File: Zerg_SC1_Art1.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zerg_SC1_Art1.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>53145570
Remind me: That one brood mother that was used to infiltrate the protoss ship. Was she part of the brood mother recall for the Dominion invasion or is she still a loose outlier running around in deep space killing protoss?

I don't know if canon has done anything with her in the spinoff books/comics/etc, but I figure someone here might know.
>>
>>53148279
Well she ship she was on is probably drifting around until it reaches a Protoss planet. Then the war sparks up again and we have Starcraft 3
>>
>>53148279
>>53148384
She's basically a character and plot device who can be dropped about anywhere, granted the ship should be drifting towards shakuras, well where it used to be now
>>
>>53145570

I think Stukov implies they will be back at some point, which likely doesn't bode well given the Domain is weaker than it was when they struck the first time.
>>
>>53147686
Stukov either should have stayed dead or remained de-infested, leading a merc band/UED reservist force fucking up the Koprulu Sector until he has enough warp-capable ships to bring everyone back home, then return at the head of a massive battlefleet and exterminate everything.
>>
>>53145570

Take it to the Blizzard general on /vg/ you gimboid.

StarCraft isn't a traditional game.
>>
>>53149732
see
>>53147168

Who the fuck cares anyway this is a daily occurrence on /tg/
>>
>>53147351
Earth probably consider action in sector inefficient cost wise.
Starcraft takes place away from Earth lgistics would be nightmare, planets are rebellious backwater and full of hostile xenos.

Small expeditionary task force was worth a risk.
Full scale military action would be to costly for what gains could it bring.

Probably. Going by Brood Wars lore, UED trashed all local factions with small part of it's fleet. Most of it should steamroll everything
>>
>>53149732

Doesn't it have a board game or something like that?
>>
>>53150122

Because why would you want /tg/ to be an overflow for /v/'s autism?
>>
>>53149732
Starcraft: Alternity says hi. The system may be old than you, since it predates the D&D 3.0
>>
>>53146926
Is it true that Koreans are now so good at it that they can defeat non-Koreans while the game is loading?
>>
>>53151906
Because /v/'s autism prevents Starcraft talk of any sort
>>
>>53151006
Four board games if you count Risk and Monopoly.
>>
So I've got to ask while I've got the chance, has anyone e else here just ignored everything that happened in the lore after the end of Wings Of Liberty?
>>
>>53156106
>after the end of Wings Of Liberty?
You mean just before the end of Wings of Liberty?

Kerrigan getting magically zapped back to being human was where it jumped the shark. If that game had ended with Raynor shooting her in the head like he promised to do when she murdered Fenix back in Brood War it could have been a masterpiece.
>>
>>53156106
I wish I could ignore everything after sc bw or even after second last mission of bw. WoL dumbed everything down so much I just stopped caring about the lore.
>>
>>53156212
Yeah they shit the bed.
>>
>>53146926

You have Starcraft: Remastered.

Your country has spoken. They are not interested in the story, only e-sports. Shit even SC is dying compared to MOBA's and for good reasons.
>>
>>53156106

As long as Alarak remains canon I really don't care.

If I ever play in an evil campaign, either him or Megabyte will be the ones I wish to emulate.
>>
>>53156186
Pretty much, yeah. I've spent more time than I'll admit anywhere but here rewriting the plot in my head, if only because I used to love the setting.
>>
>>53156186
why do people have such a revenge boner against a person explicitly victim of outside corruption?
>>
>>53156441
Why do people assume Kerrigan wasnt 100% sane of mind when she was the Queen Bitch of the Universe? She isnt a victim, she used to be a victim and was given almost god-like power over a huge army, she became what she hated, a monster bent on gaining more personal power at the expense of anything and anyone, she became just like Mengsk.
>>
>>53156441
because corrupted or not she was slave to nobody when she betrayed everyone, there was nothing left to save, not every bad girl is ment to be saved, the real kerrigan was evil to the core and not worth anything but a boss fight. Ther was no "true self" to save, the queen bitch of the universe was her true self.
>>
>>53156470
>>53156474
when I played broodwar she came off as... not herself even without the overmind's control, she sounded and acted nothing like who we met in episode 1, thus leading me to feel as if it was still something in the nature of her zerg like mind, not her own personality.
>>
>>53156470
hell even that could be played for a tragic angle if wanted, a woman who has always been owned and used as a weapon by others, by the confederacy, by megsnk even when she didnt realize it, by the overmind, it would make sense that her first taste of freedom, true freedom could make her psychotic, especially with the looming threat of a new overmind to make her its thrall. Now she had the army, she had the power, she would be the one to own and use others as her tools, after all, thats how shes been taught to see the world by her life, use or be used.

The tragedy isnt in the victim, its the life that raised a monster who cannot ever be reasoned with, who will never be the good person she could have been.
>>
>>53156441
It's not that I have a revenge boner against her, it's the ham fisted BEHOLD THE CHOSEN ONE AS FORETOLD BY THE PROPHECY direction the story went in.
>>
>>53156733
as a pro-redemption player, i still hated the chosen one angles they gave her, that was absolute shit, I could see her being one of a number of critical players, needed to prevent the bad future, but full on anointed one? fuck that.

Raynor: are you telling me she's some chosen one or something?
Zeratul: She is no more chosen than you or I, merely one crucial piece of a larger puzzle

something like that
>>
>>53156520
Well she was corrupted, she was corrupted with absolute power and she was free to do anything in Broodwar, she could've dismantled the zerg and gave herself in but instead she consolidated her power in the swarm and betrayed everyone just to remain powerful.

Queen Bitch of the Universe is a great character, rendering her to a victim is a disservice to her arc in Brood War and the same thing happened to Mengsk, he was an actual human with good intentions but bad actions, just like any other revolutionary and was just turned into a caricature of evil.

>>53156577
Yeah, something like this. Kerrigan is the story of a slave gaining freedom and killing everyone for there is nothing but resentment and vengeance in her heart
>>
>>53156803
I don't understand... making her less then pure evil is a disservice?
>>
Thing i loved about voids ending is it created the foundations of a rpg setting.
I would not be surprised if Blizzard shocked everone with a starcraft open world game or mmo soon.
>>
>>53156800
It's not the direction I would have gone in but I would have been fine with a redemption arc if it had been more to the tune of a gradual realization over the course of HotS that hey, maybe we should stop the three way pissing match (four way if you count Space Anduin vs Ebbil Dad) and maybe look into getting ready for the giant looming threat that is the Hybrids?
>>
>>53156918
I'd play it. Races would be Terran Protoss and Primal Zerg, right?
>>
>>53156991
each race would have options

Tribal backgrounds for protoss
Auir
Nerazim
Tal'darim
Purifier

Military trainings for Terran
Marine
Medic
Ghost
etc.

Zerg would have strains
Broodmother
Alpha Strain
Primal
>>
>>53157095

Why not use the Cerberate Broods from Brood War? I liked the fluff on them and how each one employed different tactics.
>>
>>53156918
>>53156991
>>53157095
I'd be surprised if Blizzard released another MMO to compete with WoW, I'm sorry to say. As much potential as there is I don't see it happening any time soon, 12 year old Worlds of Star craft jokes or no.
>>
>>53157177
a. The cerebrates all died
b. It's weird for the player race to not have free will

>>53157185
>implying it'll compete
As long as they don't make it another tab-targeting MMO, it'll be fine.
>>
>>53156441
>muh corruption
Blizzard, please go and stay go.

You've ruined enough settings with this bullshit.
>>
>>53156470
>Why do people assume Kerrigan wasnt 100% sane of mind when she was the Queen Bitch of the Universe?
Because her character did a 180 in alignment, and the only thing that could've reasonably caused that is infestation.

I didn't think deinfested Kerrigan deserved a bullet. But HotS Kerrigan did.
>>
>>53156296
You are incorrect about SC dying, even more so in Korea. Currently they have started up the ASL again with Brood War tournaments. We are nearing the end of the 3rd Tourny so far this year for it.
>>
>>53156470
>people actually think Brood War Kerrigan had free will
wew
>>
>>53157095
Would be cool if they also introduced ship battles. You could go light as a corsair or scout, or pilot a carrier with teammates. Vikings would be fun as fuck too.
Not sure what zerg would do unless they had the ability to mutate on demand.
>>
>>53157418
Ghosts had brain implants that basically overrode their personalities. Combine that with a ludicrous amount of mental conditioning and anyone would flip their shit the moment it's removed. Before becoming a ghost I'm sure Kerrigan was a nice person, but there's a reason every ghost out there are ice queens/stone cold assholes depending on gender.
>>
>>53157546
If I remember correctly she also took great pains to deprogram herself as much as possible, implying that she was striving to reclaim her individuality for herself and that, while insane, she was still acting according to her own will and with the pursuit of strengthening her will as a goal.

Although I think she was fucked up even before she got her implants removed, which happened after her infestation and not before iirc.
>>
>>53157455

It is when compared to things like LoL.

RTS games are dying off.
>>
>>53156991
As they lay it out in the epilogue the current major factions in the setting are
Terran
Protoss, High Templar, Dark Templar, Purifiers and converted Tal darim

Antagonist factions are
Zangara's brood
Alarak's Tal darim

Biggest clue that they set it up for somesort of open world setting is the segment about worlds becoming habitable mysteriously. Doesn't seem really significant to mention that unless they wanted a diversity of ecosystems in the setting.
>>
I'm not actually sure which of the games from the SC2 triology is the worst. WoL laid the foundation for all the crap that would come, made Mengsk a joke and overall felt stupid, but the other two are probably even worse in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>53145570
Because starcraft sucks now
>>
>>53148279
I assumed she would be used in LoTV as the reason for protoss fighting zerg, I haven't played it yet though so I cant really comment on what happens in the protoss campaign
>>
>>53156520
She may very well not have been herself, but she wasn't under any control at that point. If she wasn't under influence then old Kerrigan was simply dead and the new one was a massive bitch, she worked well as a bad guy, its a shame they turned into whatever the fuck she was in starcraft 2
>>
>>53157546
Your theory doesn't hold up, because the parts of Kerrigan's neural inhibitor that affected her personality and memories were removed by Mengsk when she was 18.

Next theory?
>>
>>53160069
Because obviously the way your raised and the enviorment in which you were raised clearly doesn't have long-term effects on your adulthood...
>>
It's C&C Tiberium Twilight all over again.
>>
>>53160395
But dealing with Kerrigan specifically, literally the mission before she got caught by the zerg she not only was worried about the civilians (because she thought the protoss would glass the planet) but she also thought it was reprehensible to use psi emitters.

Your argument would be more valid if we didn't see that pre-infestation Kerrigan had a defined moral compass. A moral compass that did a complete and immediate 180 the moment she became a zerg.

Seems like more than natural character progression was at play here.
>>
>>53160395
>>53161247
Also, Kerrigan had about 6 years with the Sons of Korhal after her neural inhibitor was removed. Yet in that time, she didn't show the Queen Bitch of the Universe's trademark sociopathic tendencies...until AFTER infestation.

Besides, this argument is irrelevant because we have both in game and out of game sources that confirm her psyche was altered by zerg mutagen. Canon confirms she wasn't in her right mind.

The Queen of Blades is the Mr. Hyde to Kerrigan's Dr. Jekyll. While Kerrigan wasn't being mind controlled, she wasn't herself while she was the QoB.
>>
Daily reminder that Kerrigan was originally a one-and-done throwaway joke character.
>>
File: 1449178804909.png (624KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1449178804909.png
624KB, 639x480px
>>53145570
>SC lore
>Better than 40keks edition.
HAHAHAHAHA. SC lore died after broodwar.

Enjoy your shit story about a long-haired hero who gets corrupted, kills former friends and then.... wait.. is that the SC story or the WC III story? Oh its the same shit.
>>
>>53159932
Amon has plenty of zerg under his thrall instead
>>
File: metzen.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
metzen.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>53161432
But anon, I want to use my vast blizzard monies to work with a female celebrity that I have a crush on and have called hot in multiple interviews. How will I ever get to work with her if I kill off the joke shit character that is Kerrigan?

Also Hoes b4 bros, fuck you tychus
>>
>>53156800
YOU NEED WINGS AND HEELS IN SPAAAAAAACE
also boobs
>>
>>53161914
>No more Tychus
>No more Mengsk for Valerian to rail against
>No more Raynor chasing Kerrigan to kill her
Is Blizzard the epitome of wasted lore potential?
>>
>>53161993
SC2 should have been Jimmy and tychus on a quest to find and kill Kerrigan.
StarCraft was supposed to be a game about 3 races fighting for galactic dominance. Instead we get mopey cuck Jimmy and a love story (THEY HAD 3 LINES TO EACHOTHER IN FUCKING SC1) and super sayan kerrrigan
>>
The UED won't appear again because blizzard forgot they exist.
>>
>>53162106
Stukov idly muses about their return in Heart of the Swarm. It would have been irrelevant with Amon's victory, but it sets up room for an SC3.
>>
>>53162146
SC3 has 3 options:
1. be a prequel
2. Recton ALL of sc2
3. Story is set after the disaster that is SC2 and be complete garbage
>>
>>53162159
I don't see how 3 has to be that bad. The things everyone complained about are done with.
No more Kerrigan, Raynor's gone too, pretty much everyone else is irrelevant except Zagara and Artanis, leaving plenty of room in an unstable new frontier to create a new cast and new story with the same setting (which no longer has a prophecized apocalypse looming over it, which is what SCBW left us for a sequel hook).
>>
>>53161914
To be fair, Kerrigan ceased being a joke character long before Tricia was part of SC2. Fuck they decided to make her more than just a joke before SC1 was even finished. They thought she was a good balance between Mengsk and Raynor, so they kept her around. Then they decided her infestation would be a good plot twist and give the player a human face to relate to in the zerg campaign.

But...well...it just snowballed from there.
>>
>>53162197
>prophecy in a scifi setting
>>
>>53162220
It was just a precognitive alien being esoteric as dick anyway.
>>
>>53162220
How new are you to sci fi?

Because prophecies have been part of the genre for at least 40 years.

Hell, just look at Dune.

>>53162250
Also that. It was an alien fucking with the superstitious tendencies of dumber races
>>
>>53149732
>>
>>53162197
This, while I was.. alright with most of what happened *still bugged by lots of things* it's a sigh of relife that the setting is past its big looming evil awakened crap, we have the politicing intrigue of Valarian's new dominion, the struggle for peace with the Dealam protoss, Alaska being a total dick to everyone else, zagara's new vision for the zerg and abathur's clashes against it, and any number of pirates, scum and criminals we could imagine
>>
The moral of SC2:
You can kill billions of people, destroy planets, and in the end you'll get off scott free if you have a nice ass.
>>
Tychus did nothing wrong
>>
>>53162458
>try to save universe and get paid while doing it
>catch a bullet to the head from your "friend"

fuck jimmy
>>
>>53162451
Real life is like that too, though
>>
>>53162197
With the Nova DLC (which was ok but Nova is just a kerrigan replacement character) it seems they are trying to move away from all the Xe'l Naga bullshit they pulled off in the main campaign. With Alarak making a neat apperance and factioning in the dominion.
>>
>>53162661
Indeed, I wanna see stuff with the other sub factions
>>
Man I have wanted to bang Nova ever since that game was announced
>>
>>53162661
It's funny, the Writers had hoped that DLC would have maDE her more then replacement Kerrigan, but when your am thing is being a sexy female ghost agent it's kinda hard to avoid
>>
>>53147686
The UED as a whole were something I loved. Stukov and Dugall were fine characters. Stukov in HotS was somewhat bland and uninteresting, and still managed to be the best thing this side of Abathur to come out of it. I definitely want more UED, hopefully with a bad Russian accent with it.

I was annoyed that he got re-infested though, after that dumb StarCraft 64 level where he gets cured.
>>
File: Terenas is kill.jpg (21KB, 294x223px) Image search: [Google]
Terenas is kill.jpg
21KB, 294x223px
>>53161844
in warcraft III the corrupted lon-haired hero, who wears huge pauldrons, even kills his daddy. now what does that remind me of...
>>
>>53156800
Well, not so much chosen by destiny, as such (despite prophecy maaaadness), as chosen by the Overmind. She was created as the seed of its revenge, the one act of betrayal it was capable of to revenge itself upon Amon.

Honestly that alone is pretty fucking stupid too, but there we are.
>>
>>53167556
Indeed, either call it noncannon or keep him human
>>
>>53167556
Apparently de-infestation being extremely difficult to actually impossible is a consistency in the series. I still think it was stupid that they just re-infested Kerrigan after all the trouble to get at least that much of her humanity back, but also even before then she was already back to acting like a queen bitch again proving she really was a piece of shit the entire time that didn't really deserve a happy ending, let alone godhood. I mean they could have at least redesigned her instead of just making her Queen of Blades again and then telling us she's extra super sweet and much more powerful this time.

I still wish they'd kept Izsha as that infested Terran medic, or at least that idea about the proto Adjutant with organic bits.
>>
>>53168283
indeed, the retaking of char was a total misplay in the writing, especially with her killing YET ANOTHER sympathetic character at the end of it, barely even attempted mitigation with her letting the survivors evacuate, then an Kaldur she ends up in stumbling into the protoss and having to kill every last one or be hunted down by the golden armada, and she fucking knows she deserves it but she doesn't even have the common courtesy to cackle about it now, instead being all moapy about "muh revenge" and "muh raynor" and "muh survival"
>>
>>53169156
She's like Slyvanas. They wanna make a strong independent woman leader, but it turns out she's fucking insane.
>>
>>53169196
no this goes even further back, Fucking Janeway
>>
>>53169222
oh don't even get me on that, at least kerrigan and Slyvanas have the courtesy of being intentionally played on the anti-side of hero/villain
>>
>>53169222
That's an unfair comparison, anyone looks better written next to her
>>
File: 2mkimSr.jpg (499KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2mkimSr.jpg
499KB, 1000x1000px
what unit has the best body?
>>
>>53145570
Why are the Tal'darim literally Sith?
Why didn't Kerrigan and Artanis do the fusion dance and turn into a giant space squid?
>>
>>53146926
Exactly how big is SC in South Korea?

I know the meme is that it's like a national sport but is it really that prevalent? do you have news about it in mainstream news outlets? Do you have clubhouses in SK cities for LANs specifically for SC, random posters and shit on walls, idols singing about SC stuff etc? How far does the rabbit hole go?
>>
>>53169222
>shitting on Janeway
You take that back you fucking cunt
>>
>>53173287
because without xel'naga intervention humans would have eventually gained purity of form for real
>>
>>53147686
He's the best co-op commander easily.
>>
>>53173287

Tal'darim felt more like Dark Eldar to me.
>>
>>53146377
>d6
So Strike, a game /tg/ has an anti-meme for
>>
>>53156918
strip down EVE online, re-skin it heavily and watch Koprulu burn
>>
>>53174924
>Starcraft Fleets
the Money prints itself Blizzard!
>>
>>53174924
I'd play the shit out of that. Even if it turned into Spreadsheet Online. Especially if it turned into Spreadsheet Online.
>>
>>53175489
Hell at this point I'd play a well executed classic Wow Clone
>>
I haven't played any of the Starcraft 2 triumvirate, but I'm interested in playing them. What would I be in for, lore wise and Campaign wise, if I started playing?
>>
>>53175825
Disappointment.
>>
>>53175825
the macguffan stone that can alternatively, release, charge, suck and hold all kind of plot energies, a schizophrenic kerrigan arc, don't expect karma, some neat protoss stuff involving robots, a sith like faction led by john delancy, and some sillier shit like zeratule dying in the process of giving artanis a haircut
>>
>>53145570
Is it ever explained where the Terrans fit in? The Xel'naga selected the Protoss and Zerg for tampering based on "purity of form" and "purity of essence." So where do the humans fit in? Are they Xel'naga creations too, or a naturally evolved wrench thrown into Amon's plans?

I also agree on the UED. Them not showing up in SC2 with a /much/ bigger and better supported force was a missed opportunity.
>>
>>53175888
naturally evolved wrench thrown into Amon's plans, its implied that with human Psionics on the rise, they might be the True bearers of the purity of form mantle, just as the primal zerg are the true bearers of the purity of essence, with the Protoss and swarm zerg as... well basically counterfeits
>>
>>53162381
This game is severely underrated and absolutely a blast to play. The expansion was also excellent and added good content to it. I wish it had more support with SC2, but oh well.
>>
>>53161844
>Implying 40K's lore is worth the time wasted writing it.
>>
>>53175933
can you link me to a place to buy or learn about it?
>>
>>53175847
I... have a feeling you're terribly right, judging by this thread.

>>53175862
Literally what.

I had heard from a friend who played the Protoss campaign that Fenix came back again as some newer robot thing; kinda ticked me off, as I liked him. Were the Protoss/Zerg Hybrids ever revealed/portrayed as threatening as Brood War loomed them to be?
>>
>>53175946
Honestly, the Wikipedia article isn't bad. You can buy it on Amazon and read about it on Wikipedia. A basic google search for "starcraft the board game" brings all this up.
>>
File: pHvpBxx.gif (4MB, 471x272px) Image search: [Google]
pHvpBxx.gif
4MB, 471x272px
>>53175954
Let me help you understand the quality writing you're in for:
>WoL
Chris Metzen gets drunk so much that no one can function until he sobers up. Somewhere in this the booze makes him think Space Hitler (Kerrigan) is worth saving. Tychus gets a robot and makes toilet humor.
>HotS
Metzen gets thrown in prison and Kerrigan breaks him out, so Metzen shoots at her with his gun (because Mensk let him keep his gun in prison). Every chapter ends with that shitty voice actress from BSG saying "BROODMOTHER X HEAR ME...."
>LOTV
Gone with the wind in space, they sail off into the sunset and live happily ever after. Fenix fans get a mild pleasant surprise. The bad guy whose name is just an shitty anagram dies, surprise.
>>
>>53175954
>Were the Protoss/Zerg Hybrids ever revealed/portrayed as threatening as Brood War loomed them to be?

No.
>>
>>53175954
OK for real context, Raynor and friends gather the pieces of a xel'naga artifact and use it to de-infest kerrigan, Duran under his super creative new alias uses the energy stolen from her to revive an ancient xel'naga named Amon, who had shown up in prophecies seen by zeratul through looking into the echos of the overmind's memories, hence why he insisted Raynor not kill her.

Kerrigan has blurry memories of her time as the queen, is mostly de-zerged but still connected enough to control zerg minds, Valarian mengsk, son of arcturus and secretly rebelling against his dad, is working with her when the Dominion proper attacks, Kerrigan and Raynor are sperated and she later sees a report that he was executed, she goes full nuclear and gathers a new zerg army, zeratul helps her, directing her to zerus, she meets the primal zerg, the "original zerg" allegedly and she uses this pure essence to reinfest herself free of the taint the overmind gave her, though... looking ideinticle, she sacks agustgradm blows up Arcturus and floats away because her home planet needs her

then artanis is setting up to invade Auir and reclaim it, all goes well until Amon, now fully awakened corrupts the Khala, which is later revealed to be the original intended use of it, Zeratul severs artanis's nerve cords but dies in the process. Artanis gathers the free protoss in an ark and gathers reinforcements from shakurus, which gets blown up, meets a robot copy of Fenix (who eventually takes his own identity), members of the Tal'darim who while still assholes, recognize that the end of the universe helps nobody.

the hybrid while cool looking sadly have little character and are mostly just an army of minibosses
>>
>>53176017
So did they just stop caring about plot? Did they fall for the fancy "FMV is better than writing" meme?

>>53176039
>No.

Fuck.
>>
>>53176129
Team 1 doesnt give a shit about writing. Internally the mantra is "Who wants to waste time with reading shit, just let me do something cool" so it just runs on Rule of Cool. I was told the writers got brow beat any time a character talked to long with "Yawn, space bar, this is dumb, lemme kill zerg."

To their credit though, at least they have writers, unlike Team 2 (WoW).
>>
>>53176129
No they still care, just in the wrong parts it it seems, there is a great game to be played but sadly a good story buried under mountains of Metzin's..... stuff
>>
>>53176129
The campaigns were fun at least, I think they just forgot what made BW's story so good.
>>
>>53173442
They're Necromongers more than anything else
>>
>>53176094
So, I guess my First question is: Why did they de-infest her?

Didn't she piss every single person in the sector, and even Raynor, who swore some oath or whatever to revenge the shit outta Fenix & Co., just kinda muddled about?
>>
>>53176156
But they came from a game that had LITERAL talking heads that spouted exposition. Granted I liked that, but it seems like a Hell of a 180°.
>>
>>53176200
You've successfully pointed out why BW fans were disappointed.

The in-game reason is that Zeratul gave Raynor visions of the apocalypse that would occur if Kerrigan was killed, since she was the only one who could stop it according to an ancient prophecy.
>>
>>53176227
>>53176200
yeah hell even Zeratul makes no secret that he'd still rather kill her, but she's too important to the plot.

>>53176218
Indeed, this is part of the benefit of limits, while SC1 and BW were hardly perfect stories they had to be very character driven, while I like a lot of the new cutscenes it seems they forgot some important elements amid their beautifully rendered zerg asses and so on
>>
>>53176227
>according to an ancient prophecy.

Oh God no...
There aren't any Space Dragons, right?
>>
>>53176200
Megaman rule, can't have her at full power for the Zerg part of SC2.

Oh, you want the STORY reason for why they did it.

The secret ingredient is love.
>>
>>53176314
Not quite, but the prophetic carvings share a lot of aesthetic similarities to the Skyrim (I assume that's what you were referencing) ones now that I think about it
>>
>Keep seeing this thread
>Assume people keep reposting it
>Up for 2 days

Damn, is /tg/ getting slower?
>>
>>53176334
In their tongue she is Metzikin... FETISHBORN!
>>
>>53176314
>>53176334
Nope no space dragons but Amon is pretty much Space Satan, also there is a 3 mission Epilogue campaign that ends with Kerrigan becoming one with the phoenix force or some bullshit, and is easily a low point for the series, especially after Legacy of the Void's main campaign did some good work on salvaging the plot. Still the setting is still in functional condition and the Nova Covert Ops Campaign showed that the series can move past prophecies and bullshit and just tell a story of terran political intrigue
>>
>>53176361
I have many complaints about Kerrigan, her ass and titties are never among them
>>
>>53176325
Every day we warp a little farther from Tassadar's grace.

>>53176334
I was attempting a joke, but the laughter has stopped.
I instead have a painful mental image of "it's Skyrim IN SPACE".
>>
>>53176384
>Nova Covert Ops Campaign

Shame that ended in a literal 'If you kill me you'll be just like me' moment.
>>
>>53176384
I haven't finished playing through NCO, but let me try and get the gist.

>Secret Agent gets kidnapped by Separatist group, becomes short-term amnesiac
>Fights Separatist group after returning to Dominion
>Finds out Separatists are going to use the Zerg to kill the Dominion just like the Sons of Korhal killed the Confederacy, only with wide-scale civilian casualties
>Turns out Separatists also pissed off the alien embodiment of egomania, anger, and sarcasm, so he wants in too
>Kind of helps, and you beat the Separatists, but then Highlord "My Dick is Robotic and Bigger Than Yours" Alarak decides to say fuck it and nuke all of you
>You gotta beat his favorite lieutenant/fuck buddy back, but in the end everybody's friends again.
>>
>>53176384
That Covert Ops thing doesn't sound too bad, actually.
I'd ask if the UED is involved at all, but I get the feeling their plot involvement is noticably gone.
>>
>>53176427
a moment that was given a complete middle finger mind you, Nova's response is to just gut her remember?
>>
>>53176476
>just like the Sons of Korhal killed the Confederacy, only with wide-scale civilian casualties

But there WERE wide scale civvie casualties when the SoK did that, that was half the reason people rebelled during WoL.
>>
>>53176477
UED is sort of snubbed. Spartan Company is notable as being remnant Goliath pilots, but outside of that the UED hasn't had time to logistically manage a takeover. Kerrigan even notes that if she let Stukov go back to Earth, they'd put their focus on sending a full fleet to the Sector and crushing everything.

>>53176503
Were there with the Psi Emitter usage? I thought they had only used the Emitter on a military stronghold, which then crippled the Confederacy beyond the point of recovery.
>>
>>53176477
>if the UED is involved
sadly no, they are like Niadra, a plot point that can be dropped down any time they want and it would work just fine

>>53176476
on top of that the bad guys knew Alarak would nuke their home base, hence why they made it a densely populated world, effectively duping Alarak into further hurting Terran/Protoss relations, next is actually taking down the "Defenders of Man" properly good old fashions Terran v Terran assholes killing eachother
>>
>>53176531
>effectively duping Alarak into further hurting Terran/Protoss relations
Would it really hurt T/P relations though? At least, with the Daelaam that is. Artanis can literally go "Oh yeah Alarak's a bit of a dick, even we don't care for the Tal'darim that much" and probably fix things with Valerian.
>>
>>53176525
No, the zerg devoured all of Tarsonis.
>>
>>53176525
>Kerrigan even notes that if she let Stukov

But he's dead.
Right?
>>
>>53176574
I've gotten the impression that as a general population Koprulu terrans are kinda stupid and can't be arsed to tell one clan of protoss from the next, no doubt not helped by the fact that during the main campaign Amon had the Golden Armada on a fucking warpath, burning Terran worlds left and right, so Gold toss or black toss, it's all just more alien ships come to glass them.
>>
>>53176611
Bruh Stukov got infected/resurrected back in BW.
>>
>>53176618
Starcraft 64 actually.
>>
>>53176630
Ah, thought it was the other campaign that was made for the 64 first. My bad.
>>
>>53176611
alright this one isn't entirely SC2's fault, in Starcraft 64 of all things, they added an exclusive mission that was made canon, where it's revealed the zerg infested Stukov's spaced body, and he formed a hive on Braxis, Raybor teamed up with a a Dargoon named Taldaran to give him an experimental infestation cure. a cure that never comes up again....

Anyway between then and Heart of the swarm Narud captures him and Re-Infests him!

also
>MFW SC2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGoscRXbWlM
>>
>>53176651
Pretty sure Stukov is the only one to actually come back, unless we count 'Fenix', which is a whole other debate.
>>
>>53173328

Research "Admiral Yi Sun-sin" and realize that the Korean people are actually channelling and manifesting an Ancestor Spirit.
>>
>>53176531
>Terran/Protoss relations
something's wrong with me because I was imagining interspecies dating
>>
>>53176017

What's the point of that second shutter on the helmet?
>>
>>53176039

May not be in the campaign, but they're fucking whores in co-op missions.
>>
>>53177067
One stops bullets, the other stops glare
>>
>>53176672

The whole Fenix thing never bothered me because it kinda does address the whole "you can't just bring back someone that important who died, they and everyone who knew them won't be the same"

Plus if you do his shit before helping the Dominion, you find out he doesn't even know Raynor. His mind was created before they met.
>>
>>53177151
yeah, I actually liked it more then most, as it doesn't treat him like a Gwen Stacy clone and have him just replace the character, he finds his own identity and even his own name eventually
>>
>>53177219
Gwen stacy?
>>
>>53175888
You find out in LotV that the Xel'naga seeded all life in the universe, but they never interfere with the growth of that life. The Xel'naga who uplifted the protoss and zerg were actually not mainstream Xel'naga, but the big bad (Amon) and his followers. He altered them genetically in such a way that they could never ascend. Rather, any fusion between them resulted in the Hybrid, who are false Xel'naga made in Amon's image.

But because the universe always always always spits out two races embodying Xel'naga purities of form and essence (because fate and physics or some shit), the humans started hastily evolving. No one tampered with them, they just evolved. While they don't all have PoF yet, it's implied that they one day will, and the more powerful psionics among them are sort of like hyper advanced humans that already have PoF. It's implied that this is why Kerrigan was born so much more powerful than other telepaths; she was an anomaly who demonstrated what Terrans were evolving into. As such, she seemingly has PoF.

Purity of essence was still found in the zerg, but not the swarm-based zerg. In HotS, we find out that some early proto-zerg were never found and uplifted by Amon. And after the swarm left Zerus, the crawled out of hiding and continued evolving on their original course. These primal zerg have PoE. As such, primal QoB Kerrigan had both PoF and PoE, therefore being eligible for ascension.

And it's all incredibly gay.
>>
>>53178670
Like.... some of it I like but most of it is just, I don't like humanity being special, at least this one was just random evolution and not something layed out
>>
File: zel.png (199KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
zel.png
199KB, 500x300px
I wish the SJWs went after blizzard for this.
A male xelnaga is a bug alien
A female one has fire hair, fire boobs and is all sexy.

... but we ARE talking about the same company that in D3 made a stronk woyman kill the toxic male Deckard cain, and also a stronk woyman became Diablo himself (now herself), with child-bearing hips and boobs.
The cringe.
>>
File: 1398716726339.jpg (161KB, 767x600px) Image search: [Google]
1398716726339.jpg
161KB, 767x600px
>>53180604
CHILDBEARING HIPS
>>
>>53180657
You know, I'd be okay with something like that... would at least involved effort
>>
>>53145570
ded gaem, ded lore

Go back to the pit from where you came from.
>>
>>53180810
something like what?
That's what you got in D3. Its fucking retarded and its canon
>>
File: Hijack For The Emperor.jpg (68KB, 400x428px) Image search: [Google]
Hijack For The Emperor.jpg
68KB, 400x428px
>>53145570
>>
>>53180990
The diablo design I was talking about...
>>
File: Death Korps Of Krieg.jpg (148KB, 704x544px) Image search: [Google]
Death Korps Of Krieg.jpg
148KB, 704x544px
>>
File: Blood Angel Space Marine.jpg (176KB, 482x641px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angel Space Marine.jpg
176KB, 482x641px
>>
>>53181010
Yeah that's what happened. What do you mean you would be fine with it? it IS "it".
Also if you like that you have shit taste.
>>
File: Black Templar Champion.jpg (357KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Black Templar Champion.jpg
357KB, 800x1280px
>>
>>53156106

Well, I wasn't fond of them getting rid of Mengsk like they did.

Made the Dominion a lot less interesting to me.
>>
>>53160395
>Because obviously the way your raised and the enviorment in which you were raised clearly doesn't have long-term effects on your adulthood...

Yes, that's correct.
>>
>>53175954
>I had heard from a friend who played the Protoss campaign that Fenix came back again as some newer robot thing; kinda ticked me off, as I liked him
I found that to be a satisfying character arc, really.
Robo-Fenix is never really portrayed as the revival of Fenix, the rest of the cast is conflicted in how to explain to him that he's a digital duplication and nobody thinks he's the real deal. When he finds out the truth he ruminates for a bit before deciding he shouldn't try to be Fenix 3: Fenix Reloaded, but will instead stake out a new existence in memory of the real Fenix, and re-names himself Talandar.
>>
File: Eldar Warriors.jpg (355KB, 1280x918px) Image search: [Google]
Eldar Warriors.jpg
355KB, 1280x918px
>>
File: Maccabian Jannisary Close Up.jpg (174KB, 971x1471px) Image search: [Google]
Maccabian Jannisary Close Up.jpg
174KB, 971x1471px
>>
File: Ultramarines At Ultramar.jpg (43KB, 601x427px) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines At Ultramar.jpg
43KB, 601x427px
>>
>>53162451
Kerrigan literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>53180604
Being real, Kerrigan isn't a normal xel'naga. She's a hastily slapped together inheritor of xel'naga status, and a product of thrice-over artificial evolution.
>>
File: Scouts Stalk Tyranids.jpg (103KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
Scouts Stalk Tyranids.jpg
103KB, 1024x709px
>>
>>53176525
>Were there with the Psi Emitter usage? I thought they had only used the Emitter on a military stronghold, which then crippled the Confederacy beyond the point of recovery.
They killed everyone on Tarsonis. It was big fucking deal that collapsed the power of the Confederacy. Korhal only became the capital because Mengsk forced the remnants of the Terrans to rebuild it from an irradiated rock into a real capitals.
>>
>>53181181
Man, I wish there was more on these guys.

Maccabian would make me play Guard.
>>
File: Orks_attack3.jpg (798KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
Orks_attack3.jpg
798KB, 1000x707px
>>53175937
>implyin' ur a git wot don't know nuffin bout da orkz

That being said. Orks show up in SC-verse. How long before Protoss are wiped out/looted?
>>
>>53180604
>shitting on D3
Am I the only one who actually liked the story and fawned over Brom's femablo design?
>>
>>53181309
That's exactly what Xel'naga are, though. PoF + PoE + Xel'naga elder essence = New Xel'naga
>>
>>53180604
To be fair, I was under the impression that Xel'naga chose their forms. I just assumed Kerrigan was a Jean Grey fan.
>>
>>53181591
Kerrigan doesn't have purity of form. She's an emergency, last-minute xel'naga made by Ouros delivering all his data into her, not a proper and natural ascension.
>>
>>53181545
NEAPAHALAMIIM!!! I AM EVILLLLLL AND YOU WILL NEVER STOP MEEEEEE AND MY REIGN OF TERR-OR

HERE IS MY PLAN... YOU WILLL NEVER BEAT MEEEEEEEE NEPHELMIMEM!!!! FEEL THE TERR-OR

NOOOOOOOO YOU DEFEATED MEEEEE
NEPHEKELEIMLMKM NOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
Since the Dominion is weakened, can the Combine, Protectorate and UED remnants in the sector take advantage of it?
>>
>>53181545
>Play D3
Oh gee you are following a girl around, ok that's cool.

Oh look a butterfly killed Cain... alright.

Oh ok so Tyreal is a black guy now? .... alrighty.

Ok so Diablo, the lord of terror is a woman now? Alright....

... wait a minute... so the hero girl... gets infested/possessed.... and becomes the evil character.... just like Kerrigan... and Arthas.. and now Diab- .... DAMN YOU AND YOUR 1 STORYLINE METZEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!
>>
>>53181643
Kerrigan has purity of form through her terran half. Protoss do not have purity of form. They were meant to, but Amon fucked that up. Creating any Xel'naga is not possible without PoF, PoE, and elder essence. It is why the hybrids weren't true Xel'naga.
>>
>>53181720
>>53181649
You're entitled to your wrong opinions.
>>
>>53181756
Please show me something from >>53181720
that is not true.
>>
>>53181736
Your fanon is amusing, but not actually canon. Terrans don't have purity of anything. Protoss do have purity of form, but they cannot ascend because the ascension station got wrecked before they could get there. Amon's tampering was to give their society a psychic backdoor for his own leverage (the Khala), same as the Swarm was intended.

Kerrigan got her purity of form straight from Ouros, because Ouros was metaphorically liquifying his xel'naga status and injecting her with it directly. It was not, in any way, the normal way xel'naga are made.

Hybrids aren't xel'naga because they simply are not. Xel'naga dwell within the void, and hybrids don't.
>>
>>53181849
If I cared more, I'd cite sources to show you're wrong.
>>
>>53181879
There are no sources 'cause it's just fanon. Fanon that's getting popular, sure. Quick googles show theories on the battle.net forums and reddit, but just theories.
>>
>>53181545
Nope. I enjoy D3, and found the reborn Diablo to make sense, given the form it's soul was residing in.

Unlike people who post shit like >>53180604, I don't immediately see a female character that is't a damsel in distress or fap bait and start screaming about SJW cucks or whatever. I honestly have to wonder what it's like being that insecure.

What I hated about D3 was seeing the betrayal coming, and not being allowed to stamp it out early. Also how Tyrael walks up to a hostile mage and allows her to talk. Just once I'd like the hero or heroine of a game to not be an idiot and act proactively for a change.
>>
File: TyraelWisdom[1].jpg (40KB, 1196x545px) Image search: [Google]
TyraelWisdom[1].jpg
40KB, 1196x545px
WE
WUZ
ANGELS
>>
File: babyYourMyNumberOne.jpg (123KB, 614x858px) Image search: [Google]
babyYourMyNumberOne.jpg
123KB, 614x858px
>>53145961
>SC1 is now freeware and still gets occasional balance updates
>>
File: 1315689729615.png (62KB, 594x397px) Image search: [Google]
1315689729615.png
62KB, 594x397px
>>53181545
The design of diablo and most of the enemies/environments was fine. The only thing that really erred on the side of tacky was Heaven itself, but that's a minor complaint.

But the story was fucking bad
Bad stories in diablo aren't exactly new, however most of the time you have the benefit of it being relatively in the background, rather than front and center. You choose your own level of involvement, and never have to drag annoying people along on your quests. Cain followed you around in the second game, but he stayed in town and acted as wise old exposition man for when you wanted to hear about the setting.

Also the music was shit, to the point that I just put a playlist of D1/2 tracks on while desperately trying to convince myself the game wasn't bad and I didn't waste my money on it.
Also also, making the skeleton king the first boss was a mistake. He should have been the end of act boss.
Also also also, having the butcher fight be an overdone firey cage match replete with evil announcer telling you his wrestler name at the start completely misses what was cool about him in D1. Fuck.
>>
>>53181961
Well at least he's not fakeout Nergal Jr. anymore.
>>
File: 1491180916747.jpg (16KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1491180916747.jpg
16KB, 251x242px
>>53181961
>the only black angel gets kicked out of heaven
kek
>>
>>53183943
...Tyrael wasn't kicked out. He tore off his wings and became mortal because the Angiris Council was no longer acting in a just manner, and he he left them to their fate in order to save humanity,and by extension, heaven. At that point in the story, as per the apocalypse prophecies, Hope was being consumed by doubt, wisdom had failed, and valor had turned to wrath.

You can fuck off back to /pol now.
>>
How big is setting?
>>
>>53184147
throwing your lot with half-demons is what lead to this corruption. Imperius should have destroyed Sanctuary while he had the chance
>>
>>53181920
In D2, didn't he basically just jump on The Wanderer and started beating the shit out of him while in Tal'Rasha's tomb?
>>
>>53186951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXkrdtL4RV4
>>
>>53177269

Peter Parker's first gf, he accidentally killed her. She get brought back as a clone and it's really dumb, especially since the first thing she does when seeing Spidey is say "Peter" even though she never knew that Peter was Spider-Man.
>>
>>53181341

Well that and because Korhal was where he and his dad were from, hence the group's name Sons of Korhal. It was symbolic.
>>
>>53186951
>>53187085

In fairness that was literally Diablo trying to free Baal, kind of a different degree of importance here.

>>53182238

I was ok with Heaven being tacky because it's Heaven. It was going to be that or clouds.

Whimsyshire is fucking hilarious.
>>
File: fanart-0206-large.jpg (315KB, 461x615px) Image search: [Google]
fanart-0206-large.jpg
315KB, 461x615px
>>53176612
>I've gotten the impression that as a general population Koprulu terrans are kinda stupid and can't be arsed to tell one clan of protoss from the next
Yes, most of the Terrans are rednecks or cowboys (although they are moving away from that a bit) so many of them just try to survive in terran space doing their jobs being space truckers and other jobs. While not giving a damn about protoss and zerg other than hoping they won't show up and kill everyone.
>>
>>53176612

Well they're the descendants of criminals. The Koprulu Sector is basically Space Australia.
>>
File: ZSknGm.jpg (16KB, 308x320px) Image search: [Google]
ZSknGm.jpg
16KB, 308x320px
>>53187440
RIP Pancakes, whoever he was
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.