[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ approved web serials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: worm.jpg (104KB, 318x437px) Image search: [Google]
worm.jpg
104KB, 318x437px
You guys seem to like this Worm thing a lot. Is there anything else the medium has to offer that's worthwhile?
>>
>>53143963
Some of us do, I can't stand it.

I guess I read through The Last Angel at one point. Was alright.
>>
>>53143963
Oglaf (NSFW fantasy gag comics), Unsounded (web fantasy graphic novel, ongoing), The Last Angel (spacebattles original sci-fi fiction, complete but sequel ongoing), Harry Potter and the Natural 20 (fanfiction HP/DnD crossover, incomplete and dead).
>>
>>53143963
Worm is the Skub of /tg/, I personally liked it. It had a lot of problems but the things that it did well it did very well, like world building, creative powers and status quo shake ups.

i read his other series, Pact, and liked it never read the third one he is currently working on.
>>
>>53143963
Worm is fucking shit.

>>53144307
>Worm is the Skub of /tg/
You mean it's the new Homosuck, where a cancerous fanbase attached to some mediocre webshit try to spread their cancer.
>>
>>53144526
This.
>>
>>53143963
Mother of Learning.

Remember Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality? It's the sort of series that /tg/ wanted to like, but was ultimately ruined by the writer.

Mother of Learning is that, except minus the bad autism and full of the good kind. Think Groundhog's Day meets Magic School.
>>
>>53144526
>Worm is fucking shit.
Very compelling argument. Wtf, I hate Worm now.
>>
>>53144725
HP:MoR was destined to descend into full fedora-tier euphoria purely due to the premise.
>>
>>53144307
Never read the other ones, but I kinda liked Worm until it got too insane and started pulling multiverse and endbringer bullshit. It worked best at street level, and the Endbringers could have been a badass background force that occasionally shows up, not just an arc boss. I was thinking it would make a decent MMO, but City of Heroes was already a thing.

>>53144725

I kinda liked MoR to begin with, but again the Godzilla Threshold fucked off into the distance never to be seen again, and the author tracts just got too damn long.
>>
I'm thinking if I can't get this book I'm working on published I might put it out as a web serial.
>>
>>53143963
Worm is great, 11/10 setting 8/10 story and it is all very good bit of inspiration that other capeshits should take notes from.

"A Practical Guide to Evil" is a web serial I'm really reading right now. It feels very Worm-like but it's a fantasy setting it doesn't have the best starting sectioin but it keeps getting better and better.
It provides strong justifications for classic fantasy tropes much like worm has for the skintight costumes and fighting between heroes and villains.
>>
Worm is very much the sort of thing you'll only like if you are under 18 and you put more value on the "discovery" and "undergroundness" of something than it's actual quality, and you somehow still haven't picked up an actual book in your entire life.

It's heavy-handed angsty pulp that reads like amateur fanfiction written by someone who digested all the worst parts of marvel when marvel stupidly tries to go dark. It's cringe-inducing how bad it gets at times, and with it supposed to get worse rather than better, it's almost a crime to try and call attention to it. It's really just a forgettably bad series with a particularly bad fanbase.
>>
>>53146007
Seconding a Practical Guide to Evil. It's pretty good. Not mindblowing, but better than a lot of print fantasy. A quality YA serial about fantasy Archetypes.
>>
FUCK YOU.
>>
>>53143963
Gone with the blastwave
>>
>>53144725
Oh, god. That series. That started on Lesswrong or whatever, right?

What a fountain of fedorafuel.

Worm could've been appealing to me, but generally I lose interest in stuff the more ridiculous the stakes get. One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic, and all that.

Anyways, some personal favorite webstuff I like is:

>Oglaf
>Buttsmithy
>Elf Comic
>Digger
>Poppy O'possum
>>
File: 1489016463811.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1489016463811.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>>53143963
>we are trying to intentionally trigger Worm-autist now
>>
How has nobody mentioned Unsong yet?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.