[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a zombie apocalypse or a setting similar, how can I check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

In a zombie apocalypse or a setting similar, how can I check if I can trust a stranger?

I would like to be good but I don't want to wake up with my neck sliced.
>>
What's your GM like? That's 99% of the game right there. If your GM is full HURPDURP GRIMDARK APOCALYPSE, then literally everyone is going to be a backstabbing cuntnugget because GoT an TWD has taught him that this is what is "realistic."

If your GM is more reasonable, trust but verify. Always try to be in a position of strength but never capitalize on it unless you absolutely need to. The scenario helps too; if a dude approaches you alone, in good health, and with a decent amount of resources, chances are he stole everything from the last group that let him in.

And to be fair, you probably aren't going to end up with your neck sliced. That would end the game right there; it's much more likely that they'll just steal everything that isn't nailed down and bugger off in the middle of the night.
>>
>>53143870
Well, it's grimdark but I hope not too grim. I just want some tips to figure if someone is trustworth.

From your post, a man coming healthy alone full of resources is really a flag.
>>
>>53144129
Yeah that nigger is going to kill you and take your shit.
>>
>>53143672
>trusting people
>ever
There are no friends, only temporary common interests.
>>
>you will never rescue helpless starving qts and add them to your group in a zombie apocalypse
>>
>>53147147
Negan pls.
>>
File: IMG_1437.jpg (35KB, 526x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1437.jpg
35KB, 526x438px
>>53143672
>>
>>53143672
sense motive
>>
>>53143672
Hand him an unloaded/otherwise broken gun and see if he tries to shoot you with it.
>>
Have a two-tiered system. You have your inner-circle that you trust with your life. Then you have the rest who are allowed along but aren't really trusted. You and your buds watch each others' backs while also looking after newcomers and stragglers that may or may not be up to something.

It's like Dwarf Fortress but for ethics: There's the sleeping hall for my actual dwarves, and there's a migrant town on the surface for newcomers that have yet to prove themselves useful.
>>
>>53147355
>He pulls his own gun when you purposely turn your back
>>
>>53147483
What if I don't have an initial group of friends?
>>
File: until we meet again homo lizard.jpg (30KB, 394x400px) Image search: [Google]
until we meet again homo lizard.jpg
30KB, 394x400px
>>53143672
>zombie apocalypse where people are the real threat instead of the walking corpses
>zombie apocalypse where banding together so that survival is guaranteed is never considered an option
>>
>>53147543
What if he doesn't have his own gun?
>>
>>53143672
Be polite. Be thorough. Don't give them a gun.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.