[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /forever/ an orphan here? No family, no problem.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 23129992.jpg (104KB, 317x475px) Image search: [Google]
23129992.jpg
104KB, 317x475px
Who /forever/ an orphan here?

No family, no problem.
>>
>>53142719
As a GM, normally I don't mind orphans. When I get some obnoxious shit who is acting all smug JUST because he went OUT OF HIS WAY to make a character with zero ties so I can't 'use them against him', then I in turn will go out of MY way to make sure I pay special attention to finding a way to fuck him.

Cheeky little shit comes into my house and thinks he can assert some kind of dominance over me at my fucking table? It's on.

If all else fails, I can always pull the, "Aha, you THOUGHT your family was dead, but one managed to survive without your knowledge!" gambit.

Like I said; you can make an orphan. I don't even care if you do. It's the attitude you do it with that matters to me.
>>
>>53142834
>"Aha, you THOUGHT your family was dead, but one managed to survive without your knowledge!"
I'm not sure a seasoned orphan would suddenly care about someone who he haven't seen in over two decades.
>>
>>53142964
Bitch I will MAKE you care! I will make the most adorable little sister you have ever seen, who's been searching for her big brother this whole time, after having to be the one to bury your parents alone, in the burned remains of your house! She'll be earnest and loyal and adorable and helpful and you WILL fall in love with her!

And then I'll have her kidnapped and turned into a plot hook because FUCK YOU for coming into my house and thinking you're not getting on Mister GM's Wild Ride!
I doubt I'd kill her off though; I'm not that mean to my players...
>>
>>53143046
That would be actually pretty cool.
>>
>>53143046
I would bring snacks every night to play in your games anon.
>>
>>53142719
I genuinely wasn't at first but after having a character come home to find his family/friends murder-fucked by DM's who thought "well, if you didn't want me to murder-fuck them for the sake of drama then why did you make them in the first place" for the umpteenth time, I found that it's generally easier to kill them off in my backstory than it is to spend every waking moment of the campaign worrying that the DM is going to have my character discover their wife's head in a box or something.

I also take it as a red flag if the DM doesn't accept my three sentence backstory as well, because usually the only reason why they don't accept it is because I left out friends/family for them to murder-fuck later and most of their campaigns are mad-libs that they expect the players to fill in for them.

If you disagree then that's fine, I just don't put in effort for DM's I don't trust to deliver on their premises anymore until they prove themselves.
>>
>>53143284
You must jump from group to group a lot, I take it?
>>
>>53143291
Not really. I'm currently in three campaigns and I'm planning on running my own during the summer.
>>
>>53143284
At least you didn't found your PC lover cucked you.
>>
>>53143334
Yeah, I suppose I should be lucky, but it doesn't actually make me feel better knowing that some DM's think that such a thing is acceptable.
>>
>>53142834
most immature thing i've read today
>>
>>53143318
Then you shouldn't have this problem anymore if you know the GMs well and all that. Or did one of your current GMs do that? (Killing off your PC's family, I mean)
>>
>>53143346
Yes, I mean killing your family is like one of the kindest things a GM can do. Especially when you are a good character and has to put up with humiliation.

As someone who go into That Guy threads it's possible to go even worse than my own experience.
>>
>>53143364
No no, it's nobody that I'm playing with currently (thank goodness) but if I play with someone I don't know or if I'm helping to test out someone's homebrew, that's generally what I do.
>>53143402
>Yes, I mean killing your family is like one of the kindest things a GM can do.
Actually, the kindest thing a GM can do is utilize your character's backstory in a way that actually gives you, and the rest of the party, memorable moments that help define a character's development over the course of the campaign so that they become generally better people as a result.

Unfortunately, the bar has been lowered since so many GM's nowadays are just so terrible.
>>
>>53143457
>No no, it's nobody that I'm playing with currently (thank goodness) but if I play with someone I don't know or if I'm helping to test out someone's homebrew, that's generally what I do.
That is a sensible thing to do, I agree. Although to be honest, it doesn't make a lot of difference: if the GM is so bad that s/he'd kill off your PCs family off-screen, then you are better off knowing sooner rather than later.
>>
>>53143601
I'm not going to hand someone a loaded pistol just to see if they're going to shoot me anon.
>>
>>53143601
It's not normally off-screen, it's usually on-screen to give a cheap emotional punch.
>>
>so it says here you have 2 brothers
>"yeah i guess"
>plot reveal i murdered them aren't you saaaaaaaad?
>"not really the only thing we had in common was birth parents and they were dicks, my real brothers are the ones i adventure with now"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.