[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endless Legend Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 32

File: Concept-Allayi-battle.jpg (96KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Concept-Allayi-battle.jpg
96KB, 1024x576px
I guess I'm... Gonna be the one to do it?

Can't Ruff the Puff edition.
>>
>>53139800
Don't care about that.

>>53140453
SUP.

>>53140497
>>53140598
>>53140927
Don't care much about those "b-but reddit freddit' politics if you ask me. Stupidest thing to do is to annoy people for the websites they visit. So yeah we're allowed. I make strategy posts there and occasionally I lose my shit because I have a short fuse and people piss me off.

>>53140230
I don't wanna make the planet explode before its time with the nuclear power of a pure uncontained meta on top of the one I already have.

Allayi don't get ever enough love that's how I'm shilling so hard. When I came there everyone was like "whaa Allayi weakest faction" and the demographic was just 60% edgyboys playing Forgotten, 30% edgyboys playing Cultists and 10% edgyboys playing Broken Lords. They're all edgyboys.
>>
By the way is the guy who did Ended Leg in here too?
>>
>>53142274
What?
>>
File: best_race.jpg (177KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
best_race.jpg
177KB, 1920x1080px
>>53142221
Allayi are shit and so is your taste
>>
>>53142324
Go screw your necro monstergirls

>>53142293
It's just a guy on Reddit that tried to start a series of comic shorts with MSPain style à la Weaver.

https://imgur.com/gallery/cKQAF
https://imgur.com/a/k5iK3#ysdU5gG

Despite people not giving a fuck at the very second iteration I thought it was NICE someone made some efforts for something.
>>
>>53142384
I never said anything about screwing, you fucking furry
>>
>>53142324
>notnids
>best race
>>
File: diplomancer.png (171KB, 335x359px) Image search: [Google]
diplomancer.png
171KB, 335x359px
aaaaaa
>>
Does anybody else think that the Morgawr and the Bhagaba might be related?
>>
>>53142511
Hostile creatures should have advantage if being forced to assist instead of just stop attacking.
Something suggested to the GM is to give drakken players a much bigger knowledge of the world map than other players, at least most key locations.
>>
>>53142525
The former are an endless experiment while the later happened naturally.
>>
Ended are the coolest minor race.
>>
>>53142480
You thought about it
>>
>>53142597
Dude two-headed gnolls with ADHD

Jotus are fun
>>
>>53142566
>>53142674
>>
>>53142674
Ditto, Jotus is the minor faction I'd like to fuck the most.
>>
File: amused JP.png (542KB, 822x460px) Image search: [Google]
amused JP.png
542KB, 822x460px
>>53142674
>Dude two-headed gnolls with ADHD
best description
>>
>>53142511
I feel like Drakken as a playable race should be split between drakkenlings, who'd be playable by default, and trueborn drakken, which would be a bit more restricted (same as if someone wants to play as a vampire or something in D&D).

Also, I'm not sure Diplomatic Pressure is something an individual character should have access to, ESPECIALLY the way it's written in that picture.
>>
File: please kill me.png (329KB, 375x572px) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.png
329KB, 375x572px
>>53142800
I thought about drakken as the type the drakken heroes are.
>Also, I'm not sure Diplomatic Pressure is something an individual character should have access to, ESPECIALLY the way it's written in that picture.
aye, maybe. I kinda felt that without it Drakken feel underwhelming. In the other hand, I have little experience with the game and probably don't know shit
>>
>>53142885
The drakken hardly have things that would set an individual one apart from other draconic races.
Most of their aspects are about their society as a whole. Granting them the ability to fly past a certain age could do the trick.
>>
>>53142885
Well, drakkenlings are fairly mundane, although pretty strong fighters and (relative to Drakken populations) fairly numerous. I'd give them some bonuses to physical stuff and maybe a bit of knowledge.

Trueborn drakken are flame-breathing, spell-slinging, sweep-attacking, flying combat monsters. They're overall pretty similiar to the average D&D dragon, although they don't get quite as strong with age as those do.
>>
>>53142975
These are T3 units, called fucking Ancients
>>
So, playing cultists but started nowhere near the coast. Is it even possible for me to get sea units other than transport ships so I can actually hold sea forts?
>>
>>53142714
I...I swore I'd stay a serious person online Anon, especially that I have to keep telling people I like the Allayi for more than fuck. Please don't push me.

>>53142716
In whenever setting I make, I consider gnolls to be evolved hyenas with ADHD.

Thefore, I late made a character who also had actual ADHD, so he was basically a gnoll2 . Guy is a heavy metal rockstar and just can't stand in place.

>>53142975
EL was made to be NotD&D, to the blatantly annoying extent of having ridiculous "epic" weapon designs. Something I am not a fan of, neither was the NotRecycling of everything else from ogres to centaurs (how the hell do you justify centaurs). That's why I really liked the Allayi, on top of having kickass, original design you will not find the likes of in the industry.

>mfw Allayiposting is a thing

I have succeeded.

>>53143197
Hahahaha.

All you can every do is get those fortresses through pacification quests. And then you can't hold them against fomorians, unless your embarked units somehow can fight fire ships. I don't know however if that lets you buy mercs from there because I have never bought a merc unit in my life.

>>53142944
I find the Drakken fucking boring. Heroes are cool but personality-wise they're too much like the average smug scalie on FA.

>>53142975
Dudes, we gotta start thinking in terms of ACTUAL gameplay mechanics.

In the Aurigan world, for example, the most populous races would be Drakken and Broken Lords, because those play with huge populations, and Drakken has tall cities with lots of districts. The Allayi will be very few but they will have huge super-developped cities (I mean when I first saw them I assumed they had "future eco-tech by the way they looked like) with many garths and have some of the best warriors too.

Factions with the same starting bias will be neighbors.

Etc.
>>
Hey, I remember this game. Got a quest from some spider tits, then got a shield made of cobwebs as a reward.
Played those dudes with crossbows and shields. Pretty cool
>>
>>53143410
God I fucking hate Ceratan. They're ugly as shit.

BY THE WAY ALLAYI PLAYERS AND EVERYONE ELSE TOO

I forgot an important piece of knowledge.

All capitals have a Palace that gives a cool +22 Dust alright? But also, it gives no expansion penalty to the rest of your empire. You still expand more luxuries and more empire plan costs, but they don't affect the expansion penalty approval of your empire. As Allayi, you can use that to have a large empire, especially since you're a militaristic faction, but it won't turn districts into garths and it will make the quest harder when you need to blow 30 pearls per city.

AI makes terrible capitals, but human ones are probably very much worth it.
>>
>>53143365
>>53143440
Dude, no. For a roleplaying game you have to think on an individual level, not empire levels. Empires are just backdrops that you move about in, your average player is not going to have that much interest in playing at statecraft and economics.

Besides, actual empires populated by individuals simply won't function the same way they do in-game. In the game your empire is bound to your will in a way that makes North Korea look like a hippie commune, even if their fluff indicates otherwise. Besides, why would you want to play in a perfectly regulated, grid-organized city-by-schematic? Shit's boring, flaws and irregularities is what makes stuff interesting.
>>
>>53143535
You have to consider the game to be abstracted version of reality. Just like D&D.
>>
>>53143440
>They're ugly as shit.
Well, they gave me a shield, that's what matters anyway.
>>
>>53143535
Don't respond to that faggot, the autist can only think in hyperboles.
>>
>>53143634
Of course, but different games require different abstractions. Complete legibility and loyalty in your empire is acceptable for a 4X game because no one wants the barons embezzling taxes without you knowing it, or border towns having notions of independence, or your cousin trying to dispute your claim to the throne.

In a roleplaying game, however, these are plot hooks.
>>
>>53143676
Oh that one... Don't like it.

>>53143704
Do you want a slap
>>
>>53143748
Also you expand a whole settler unit.

I'm willing to bet they're just using them as hosts for their new eggs.

Wait a second I'm going where I don't wanna go.
>>
>>53143841
You know, I'm surprised I haven't seen much talk about ceratan and necrophage egg-laying. But then, I've been spending a lot of time talking to someone who's really into ovipositors, tentacles and impregnation, so maybe my perspective is skewed.
>>
>>53143933
Let's go back double-gnolls with ADHD.

No laying eggs in the double-gnolls with ADHD.
>>
the fuck do I do with The Sharing
"Share with willing animal" and steal its benefots from shifter subraces?
>>
>>53143977
Do you think double-gnolls and mothbats make for extra warm and comfy gestation units? I do.

Now I'm kinda interested in doing a campaign where the players are a bunch of adventurers who've decided to be tunnel explorers. Big focus on stealth and traps, discovering ancient Endless artifacts, occationally meeting neutral/friendly enclaves of Vaulters, Delvers and Ceratan, Necrophages lurking around every corner...
>>
>>53144072
I have no idea how it could possibly turn wrong!
>>
>>53142221
>>53142324
>>53143933
>>53144072
Is all of this cool art in the game?

I've been looking at the game really hard for a few weeks now...
>>
>>53144844
Well yeah. It's a game made without being cheap on artists. See what it does then? Good design and originality both in graphism and gameplay.

I KEEP SAYING IT.
>>
File: 1490888556268.jpg (67KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
1490888556268.jpg
67KB, 602x709px
>>53142227
>autistic redditor with anger issues
yeah, checks out
>>
>>53144985
Uhm... Okay? I don't know what are your reasons to be so anal with me in particular but I'll pass on that bait.
>>
A thought for the necrophages- we know that they use other races as both food and new hosts for eggs, but do we know anything about *how* parasitic they are- do the general necrophages mostly use the host body as is, with the larvae hatching inside and growing inside as the core, with carapacing and such growing as an extension, or are the corpses just food for the larvae and the necrophage appearance will always be the same- as looking at >>53143933
the two foragers look like they could be either a human who's gotten infested with bits of phage growing out from the inside, or it could just be how they look.

Fliers and proliferators are both likely different castes which grow into that state from birth, but Im not sure if foragers are just another caste or if the host species actually influences the phages appearance- as it would give a bit more variation to necrophage creations if it was true- infested minor faction units to give necrophage armies more variation in encounters, and leading to new things like the cult desperately paying anyone who can hold a sword to fight because the phages have killed and infested a roving clan city scarab to make a city-breaker form and it's heading right for their capital etc etc.
>>
>>53144985
I'm telling you, please stop giving him (you)s
>>
>>53145070
>we know that they use other races as new hosts for eggs
...Do we?
>>
>>53145087
>>53144985
Quit samefagging for some low level b8
>>
>>53145070
They are described as literally stealing the bodies of hosts. How much is kept depends on the host.
>>
>>53142550
I don't think the Morgawr are an experiment. IIRC the Endless found them, but didn't understand them.

The Endless made/uplifted the Cultists, the Necrophages, the Craves and the Drakken.
>>
>>53145090
They have to do something with all the corpses they take, and using live / dead bodies as incubation chambers and food is common in insects and parasites, which the necrophages fit the mould of.

>>53145258
Yeah, the question is how much is just food and how much structure is kept.
>>
>>53142800
I'd keep Diplomatic Pressure but call it something else.

Instead of representing national diplomatic pressure, have it represent the Drakken using their superior reason and reputation as friendly dudes to sway people.
>>
>>53145325
They are called precisely escaped endless lab specimens, of course they are

>>53145359
I'm saying it seems to vary between people. There's a difference between the hero you get and the proliferator units.
>>
>>53145359
Christ the magical realm potential.

There's really something for everyone.

>>53145372
>superior reason and reputation
And size
>>
>>53145391
>They are called precisely escaped endless lab specimens, of course they are
Doesn't mean they are created.

>I'm saying it seems to vary between people. There's a difference between the hero you get and the proliferator units.
The questline is about a guy that turns himself into a Necrophage
>>
File: otherkin.jpg (55KB, 602x298px) Image search: [Google]
otherkin.jpg
55KB, 602x298px
>>53145397
>There's really something for everyone.
Nyo-ho-ho.
>>
>>53145391
Pretty sure the Morgawr were experimented ON, and the conclusions the Endless came to were 1. they only understand one thing about this life form and 2. what they understand is that this life form must be contained.

They weren't the product of experimentation.
>>
>>53145391
>>53145464

You have never played Morgawr
>The Morgawr grew out of the laboratories of the Endless; the result of experiments whose success cannot be known as the original scientists left no discernible plans. Whatever sort of programming they were given by their Creators, it seems to drive them to radically evolve their society and their technology

The first sentence in their description, Endless made them, it can't be more obvious.
>>
File: IMG_0795.jpg (20KB, 284x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0795.jpg
20KB, 284x350px
>that soundtrack

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fKHLH_e12o0

Sentinent plants are the best.
>>
File: walk.png (239KB, 380x399px) Image search: [Google]
walk.png
239KB, 380x399px
>>
>>53145696
I like it.
>>
>>53145674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enNftYHBxwM
>>
File: Good Shit.jpg (20KB, 239x326px) Image search: [Google]
Good Shit.jpg
20KB, 239x326px
>>53145674
Holy shit that wind/brass instrument when the ships start taking off.

Bassoon maybe?
>>
Huh, just checked the making of the Unfallen video. Didn't know Amplitude was French.

C'est interessant.
>>
I'm seriously wavering. Is ES2 worth getting?
>>
I wish there was a 3.P ruleset/campaign setting for Endless Legend. It's such an awesome world!
>>
>there are people not worshipping the earth Amplitude walk on
>>53146198
You are /tg/, GET SHIT DONE
>>
>>53146155
It's from Amplitude, so yes, even if I didn't play it.

>>53146104
They paid the artists. Unheard of.

As opposed to the usual of, "let's make game to have money, what do the autists want these days, oh yeah more epik two-dimensional rehashing of tropes".

I'm probably the only one to understand my point but yeah.
>>
>>53146210
I tried to make a custom Cultist class, I still have the draft somewhere.
Anybody want to join in? How can we work together? Google docs?
>>
>>53146238
You can just share it in a pastebin and we can add to it
>>
>>53146238
The thing is I'd rather have rules light systems.

And I'm not sure if I REALLY want to play an EL campaign.

I already have so much trouble getting into a campaign at all.
>>
>>53146323
Sorry, but 3.P is the only system I know well enough to homebrew. Besides I like some crunch.
However, we could totally work together to create a consistent collection of all the lore! I think it would be especially interesting to research the "canon" geography of Auriga. Although in-game maps are randomly generated, the flavour text often hints at specific places, such as the Amber Plains.
>>
>>53146378
>consistent collection of all the lore!
http://endlesslegend.gamepedia.com
>>
>>53146495
Have you actually browsed that? It doesn't even have Morgawr or base game factions fully updated
>>
>>53146495
>>53146378
Endless Legend wiki is such trash
>>
>>53146225
>They paid the artists. Unheard of.

>As opposed to the usual of, "let's make game to have money, what do the autists want these days, oh yeah more epik two-dimensional rehashing of tropes".

Wut.

What does any of that have to do with them being French?
>>
>>53146523
>>53146525
You can add things to it, though.
>>
>>53146533
it's the autist, ignore him, his posting style is easy to identify
>>
>>53146495
The wiki is woefully incomplete, especially regarding lore. I was thinking of something more concise and lore-oriented, like an adventure path player guide. Besides, we would need to extrapolate some information from mere hints, which would not be suitable for a canon wiki.
>>
>>53146533
I'm talking about them being Amplitude.

>>53146562
I think we'll ignore you instead, Anon. Why are you so obsessed with me?

Are you from Reddit and did I hurt your feefees there or something?

>>53146565
>>53146538
Damn straight it is. I really don't have time to care of it, but I expected more of those who say they would.
>>
>>53146637
>we
So, multiple personalities or just the latest moot? Only things I can think of that would justify that.
>>
>>53146696
You're the one bringing my outside identity into this anonymous thread, attempting to derail it even when nobody's talking to you. What's the big idea? Come on, we're waiting for your reasons.
>>
>>53146737
That's the first time I've posted in this thread. Good job. Consider a trip to make life easier.
>>
>>53146759
Of course. "It's the autist guys it's the guy I'm obsessed about".

We believe you.

Now shut up because we're talking /tg/ here and you've outlived my attention span.
>>
>>53146797
'No'.
Wow that was hard. Consider not dragging the thread down any further unless he was right and you are indeed a raging autist.
>>
>>53146833
>Accuses others to drag down the thread
>Is dragging down the thread
ok
>>
So, how about those Guardians? We haven't even mentioned them yet I think.
>>
>>53146904
>[autistic screeching intensifies]
So, moving on, anyone play ardent mages or forgotten much? They never seem to get very much attention compared to vaulters, dosh lords, etc
>>
>>53146938
Really? How hard can it be? Dragon-types. Even Demigod-types.
>>
>>53146940
>I-I'm not a disruptive shithead see
Nigger it's the first time I post in this thread
>>
>>53146969
>[autistic screeching intensifies rather than discussing game]
>>
>>53146996
>describes himself
>>
>>53146938
In the context of a PnP campaign I don't see them being that much beyond Really Big Boss Monsters. The kind of thing you race against time to stop a villain from awakening.
>>
>>53147005

>>53146938
Are the guardians ever good in game? They always seemed like crazy overkill compared to drowning people in regular troops.
>>
>>53147038
>describes himself
>>
>>53147038
Well go and test them yourself.
>>
>>53147047
>>53147038
>>53147005
>>53146996
>>53146969
>>53146940
>>53146904
Fuck's sake, you two. Just kiss already.
>>
>>53147047

>>53147067
Nah. It's funnier to bait an autist.

>>53147064
I have. That's what I mean, it always seemed like it's much more effective to use conventional forces than giant expensive monsters that are another research choice each.
>>
>>53147100
>describes himself
>nothing personel kid

huehuehue
>>
Shut up with your petty arguing and tell me why exactly I should kill myself.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HyYiuuklb
>>
>>53147114
>>
>>53147100
Maybe you should stop playing against Easy AIs.

>>53147067
Let's stat bats. Monks get incremental Cleave and fly. Pufflords don't fly but they glide. Seekers get -4 STR.
>>
>>53147137
>still going

Who's the autist now
>>
>>53147153
>>53147182
>[autistic screeching intensifies]

(the part where he beelines to allayi makes it obvious)
>>
>>53147124
Because you're using the alignement system.

Bruh come on.
>>
>>53147124
Ardent mages could be a sorc bloodline
>>
>>53147185
Okay.
>>
>>53147153
Anon, you're still thinking too much in game terms. You can't represent every single unit as a class, and all the Allayi units (sans Skyfin, which isn't really PC material) can pretty much be folded into one single martial class.
>>
So there are obviously multiple types of dust. Some dust results in heroes, but inert dust (as described in some techs) is the stuff used as currency. Are they interchangible? Could inert dust ever activate to become the same stuff that makes heroes? If that's the case, could you use dust to improve your abilities? Buying levels might be too broken.
>>
>>53147124
Is this for 5E?
>>
>>53147218
Yep. I thought about making rovers half-elves...
>>53147296
ayeps
>>
>>53147294
Dust provides a great excuse for the ridiculous price of magic items. Dust is not use to buy them, it is used to MAKE them.
>>
>>53147294
I think Dust activating or deactivating is a thing that comes up so probably.
>>
>>53147270
>You can't represent every single unit as a class
But I don't see why not

Seekers get a disabling charge it would be a great feat

>>53147294
No Dust is the same. However over-exposure to Dust is dangerous. Some individuals are better conditionned to deal with it and end up evolving.
>>
>>53147374
Because there's no actual reason to other than pointless bloat.
>>
>>53147316
Also keep them functioning.

>>53147327
It's just inert Dust (unpowered nanites)

>>53147409
...Archetype diversity?
>>
File: step03_a_by_a_u_r_e_l-d8laij0[1].png (626KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
step03_a_by_a_u_r_e_l-d8laij0[1].png
626KB, 1024x512px
>>53147294
The exact nature of Dust is almost as much of a mystery to people on Auriga as it is to us. Most of what's described as spells are just rituals that have been shown to yield consistent results (think AdMech). Just throwing a lot of Dust at a problem is highly inadvisable, because every instance of someone being uplifted by the stuff has been pretty random. It'd be like trying to replicate superhero origins.

I think the only time you're ever using Dust to directly empower your troops (as opposed to just equipping them with Dust gear) is the giant health buff in the very last Era.

>>53147316
That's pretty much what buyouts are in-game: using Dust to enhance the construction methods.

>>53147374
What I meant is, you can't have a class for every unit. Obviously representing specific abilities is straightforward enough.
>>
>>53147294
Dust is nanomachines, of course it can activate. Through some mysterious arcane ritual, of course.
>>
>>53147462
Archetypes enforced by game rules are a bad idea in general. You want a classless system to begin with.
>>
>>53147498
Dust doubles as a flawless conductor.

>>53147513
NanomaGIC.
>>
Since I'm brewing this stuff for 5e, could you help me out to figure how much normal D&D coins would a pinch of Dust cost?
>>53147530
You go ahead and do EL GURPS homebrews, I won't mind at all
>>
>>53147513
So the question is why it's found mostly in the water and deserts?
>>
>>53147563
Like... A pinch of gold dust?

>No classes
But he's right the most fun I've had was when I got to pick from what skills that fit my character conceptand he was still not OP
>>
>>53147563
>5e
ugh
>>
>>53147614
Copying Civ I MEAN I suppose Dust gets pushed into water strealms but I have a hard time seeing it go full cycle in the clouds and then the rain.
>>
>>53147614
It might be turning the land into desert in a very slow grey-goo sort of way, or the dust has been piling up around the manufacturing vents for so long it just looks like a desert.
>>
>>53147614
Because it's a lot easier to sift through loose sand or water than rock.
>>
>>53147682
I like this explanation. Left unsupervised Dust starts turning matter into, well, dust in a futile cycle. Sand gets swiped up by wind and rains on oceans, cue aquapulvistics.
>>
>>53147563
For convenience, we could say that Dust has about the same value as gold for the same volume - only instead of metal it looks like magic sand. That would make it easy to count (e.g. "1000 dust" = about a brick's worth of dust). It should be treated as currency and loot rather than used directly by the PCs, except through some feats, spells or abilities.
Some monsters could also manipulate dust to harm PCs carrying much of it.
>>
>>53147852
>>53147563
>Flaunting a lustrous, golden hue and impervious to the ravages of water and air, gold is a true king of the elements and an essential commodity for moving beyond the barter system.

Just keep in mind that Dust isn't the only currency around. Hell, it's probably not even the main one, given how it's ridiculously valuable, but only to people who know what to do with it.

Also keep in mind that any healing potions would probably be made with pixie blood.
>>
How about this. Upon the first time a character ingests a shitload of dust, the dust applies a random Endless's bio-project to that individual's systems and additional dust enhances that template further. More often than not, it applies a template that's not compatible with biological life and horrific death happens. The rare few that survive received a template that was beneficial and result in heroes.

Mechanically, roll on a table of random character templates to see what happens when you try your first dust infusion.
>>
>>53147950
>spoiler
This can lead to awesome RP opportunities!
>Dust isn't the only currency around
Then it could be treated the same way as gems and fine artwork
>>
>>53147950
>Just keep in mind that Dust isn't the only currency around.
Keep in mind basic trade and exchange of goods is probably fairly common.
>>
>>53148053
I like this. Mechanically, this would result in PCs picking or rolling for minor abilities at the start of their career. This "extra layer" is a bit like traits, maybe it should replace them (PCs could still choose to get traits instead of playing a dust-infused character).
>>
>>53148053
No I don't want to roll for character.
>>
>>53148393
Sorry anon, you rolled "Template: Industrial Acid Recycler", your character melts and dies during character gen. Please start over.
>>
>>53148053
>>53148517
Special saving throw that's just for Dust mutations.

The dust table has a disproportionate amount of non-death possibilities because muh gameplay.

There are two separate roll tables, one for major characters and one for randos.

I don't know.
>>
>>53148671
>>53148517
You guys know that HEROES, specifically them, are those considered enhanced by Dust exposition?

If you're smart, then Dust makes you smart. If you're strong, it makes you stronger. It depends of your existing genetic makeup.
>>
>>53148937
>Get an accidental dust infusion
>Become even better at useless trivia and shitposting on the internet
I shall sail that ocean of piss as a god amongst men!
>>
>>53148937
So why doesn't everyone, or everyone important get themselves a dust bath?
>>
>>53149027
Dust is simply a levelling up system. What is the percentage of nanites stuffed into your system.
>>
>>53148937
Not really, only some heroes are, others are just individuals that are naturally more skilled than your usual soldier, which is pretty normal for most systems.
>>
>>53149050
Are you implying they don't?

As far as I know Dust reacts to the presence of certain people and they're able to manipulate it.
>>
>>53149050
>>53148937
It's known that dust 'uplifts' beings. That's how you get heroes from hivemind races.
Presumably it either doesn't always work, is prohibitively expensive, or requires something more complicated than a fancy shower. Or some combination.
>>
>>53149130
'fell into a pile of dust and snorted it all' is almost literally a necrophage hero background, so can't be that hard.
>>
>>53149201
It's the same for just about all heroes and even dates back to Endless Space hero bios.
>>
>>53149130
>>53149201
>>53149312
You have to be able to take it like a man / bat / bug / android / fish
>>
The question is, though, /tg/

how do we stat opbot circa the end of the search for auriga in endless space?

Also, what do you think opbot will be doing in endless space 2
>>
File: abd-217.gif (481KB, 228x213px) Image search: [Google]
abd-217.gif
481KB, 228x213px
>>53149201
>>
>>53149711
I FUCKING LOVE DUST!
>>
File: 250px-Eneqa_Wing.png (55KB, 250x125px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Eneqa_Wing.png
55KB, 250x125px
Just WHAT is eneqa wing?
>>
>>53150095
Damn frenchies have to make everything so fuckable.
>>
>>53150095
I don't know but I find it horrible

>>53150191
Yeah big meaty Kazanji dick
>>
File: 1457987427163.gif (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1457987427163.gif
3MB, 800x450px
>>53143933
>really into ovipositors, tentacles and impregnation,
>>
Okay, seriously? A pirate stack spawning EVERY TURN seems a bit much.
>>
>>53151895
Free exp.
>>
Seems like the thread is mostly leaning towards 5e/fetishposting but I've been working on some powered by the apocalypse stuff if anons are interested. FIDSI (roughly) maps to the basic 5 apocalypse stats so I was thinking an array like this:

Agility (roughly food)

Influence

Steel (roughly industry)

Cunning (science)

Dust (like the weird stat in apocalypse world, for magic/interacting with Auriga but might also have some crossover with money)

Example race specific move:

Drakken
>You have read all the great histories of Auriga. Perhaps it will help you bring peace to those who want war

>Peacekeeper
when negotiating a truce or getting angry combatants to see reason, roll Influence.
On 10+ Choose 3, on 7-9 choose 1:
-The fighters freeze and give you a chance to speak
-Free one hostage or allow someone to escape unharmed
-convince one fighter to sheath or put away their weapon
On 6-, both sides see you as a threat
>>
File: opbot-all.jpg (513KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
opbot-all.jpg
513KB, 2000x1125px
>>53149560
https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/votes/188-opbot-dv8-the-story-so-far
>>
>>53151920
Free exp on a fleet that camps there all game just to kill pirates has diminishing returns.
>>
>>53151895
Something's not right.

>>53152302
>leaning towards 5e/fetishposting
I post bats that's all I do
>>
https://enfer.games2gether.com/
>>
>>53152548
I'm confused, but not aroused this time.

Is this some sort of ARG, or what?
>>
>>53153035
Apparently so. Chatting with it for a bit got me a few wallpapers.
>>
>>53153079
Can you post them?
>>
>>53153093
Can't. They're 9.22 MB and max allowed on /tg/ is 8 MB.
>>
File: Academy_of_Heroes_Art.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Academy_of_Heroes_Art.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>53153093
>>53153134
Oh wait, there is this one.
>>
>>53153134
You can upload elsewhere, I don't want to make an account
>>
>>53153204
Enfer is a douche and he won't tell me anything more now that I've hacked the thingy for him.

His text parser leaves much to be desired
>>
>>53152548
It's pretty cool, he'll describe a lot of races if you say their names to him.
>>
>>53154418
I get the Broken Lords and a few races from Space.

I also get absolutely nothing else out of him. There's clearly a way to get more wallpapers, but I've only got the one.
>>
File: balloonchase.png (103KB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
balloonchase.png
103KB, 500x228px
>>
>>53156063
While the sky pancakes certainly are pretty, I don't really get how they are supposed to be SO pretty that they won't be attacked by neutrals and are actively revered by enemies.
>>
>>53156522
Allayinon here. Never found them pretty. They're giant sucking mouths, how is that nice.

They also absorb luxuries like wine and regurgitate it into your glass.

>>53156063
And I really don't know why you just post the picture devoid of comments.
>>
>>53156544
Does a post-succ wine have mellower tannins and a superior body to an unprocessed wine? Is it like those civets with coffee beans?
>>
>>53147124
bump
>>
>>53156892
I'm wondering more what happens when it succs living things.

Like bats.
>>
That thing kept talking about the Mavros
>>
Can I make a blond haired blue eyed male in this game?
>>
>>53161744
>>MAVROS -- MAVLink extendable communication node for ROS with proxy for Ground Control Station.
What the hell?
>>
>>53161766
Only vikings, none of your weak indian bullshit anon.
>>
>>53162107
>>53161766
Vaulters, Roving Clans and Ardent Mages have a couple of blondes.
>>
>>53162237
>Wants Aryan indian race
>His only alternative is to play with the notarabs

Hehe
>>
>>53161766
Well, with the major races, your best chance there is probably with the Ardents, since the Ateshi Zealot units are blonde.

Including the minor factions, there's a dude in the background of the Sisters of Mercy art. I don't know if he's a groupie or the guy they just killed, but they are definitely European enough to be blonde. The delvers have some really pale-haired gingers in their art, though the savagery + stoutness might not cut it for you if you're trying to be Aryan.
>>
>>53161766
You seem unhealthily obsessed with pigmentation, anon
>>
>>53162237
Speaking of Roving Clans I really wish I could use their city beetles as a giant, last resort military units. When you fuck up so bad an entire city attacks you.
>>
Could players get mount proficiency (Giant Fukken City Beetle)?
>>
>>53162946
Imagine fighting with a giant backpack on your back.

I don't think that's a good idea.
>>
Do we intend to actually try and make a home brew for this any time soon, or are we still just talking out lore bits and mothbat waifus?
>>
>>53164571
Apparently they do intend Anon but this being 4chan I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>53164571
I'd try to put in some work, but being less than two weeks away from a massive real-life deadline is a pain. Hopefully there's still interest by the time I'm done.
>>
Should there be "canon" Auriga, with geography, geopolitics, and faction relations?
>>
>>53165898
No, but you can give suggestions on how the factions would interact based on how the situation.
>>
>>53165898
Why?

When you can just boot up a game and generate a new map each time? Which makes the system easy to homebrew, which I really prefer to hard anal rules and adventure path kinds of things.

You play "your" Auriga.
>>
>>53165942
Hell if you want we can just start RP multiplayer games and make the situation ourselves.
>>
>>53164571
I'm just giving ideas and stealing ideas. The truth is, everything is rather easy to homebrew to most systems so you shouldn't have much trouble.
The one issue is Dust, it's such an important plot point, but it's also able to be used to excuse anything. I don't think there's any system out there where you could get currency, spells catalysts and tools, weapons, fuel for a lot of tech, drugs, life force and even more uses all tied to a single substance. You'd either make it so there's certain amounts of dust dedicated specifically for each of them, which defeats its purpose as an omnisubstance or you'd give arbritary amounts of dust tied to everything which would break things making them too strong or too weak.
The best alternative is to port the rest of the settings and either use dust as a plot point mainly without ever giving numbers tied to it, or drop it fully and change a few things about races, such as making Broken Lords now a faction that underwent a ritual where the side effects included needing to drain life from other beings or nobles who were victim of a curse, for example.
>>
>>53167507
So I've been told I think too much in game terms, BUT.

What I would like to see in the system is the ability to mirror the strategy game in case we turn out to become governors or such.

I'd also like the mass combat mechanics to wink at the game.
>>
>>53164571
I tried posting some stuff >>53152302
But people didn't even take the time to tell me to fuck off. Not sure if it's just that people don't like powered by the apocalypse vs people just wanting to talk about endless stuff on /tg/
>>
>>53167880
I don't do stats
>>
>>53167930
...Are there games that don't have stats?
>>
>>53168002
You know what freeform means?
>>
>>53168002
I mean, that I'm not the mather kind of person that knows anything about system, autism and stats.

See I'm a roleplayer.
>>
>>53167880
I'm not familiar with the system, so I can't really say anything about it, but you made something and I appreciate you for that.
>>
>>53168118
It's more rules light light and focuses on each character having a playbook with unique moves which let them make checks with 2d6, with 7-9 being a partial success, 10being full success and less being failure. The GM doesn't actually roll dice but has different narrative rules they use. Probably not everyone's cut of tea but worth looking into.
>>
>>53168019
Not sure that freeform is really a game, more like hanging out.

>>53168027
Shooting the shit with lore is cool but there does need to be at least some brew with home brew. Seems like the 5e anon is coming up with cool stuff too
>>
>>53168259
Maybe

Because I really can't tell.
>>
>>53168259
>Seems like the 5e anon is coming up with cool stuff too
Ayea. If people could tell me something about >>53147124, I would be glad.
Now, Ardents draw power from pain. How would we represent it?
>>
>>53168566
% of hp lost = bonus to attack or advantage on attack?
>>
Creating a 1d4chan article will be a start.
>>
>>53169378
We should probably at least agree on a system or two before making an article
>>
>>53169641
I'd recommend OSR, with An Echo Resounding by Sine Nomine for a base faction system.
>>
>>53169641
Savage Worlds?
>>
>>53169829
>>53169940
You gues provide content I'd be happy to oblidge
>>
>>53169940
>Ardents can choose to gain a point of Fatigue to get 2 Power Points, 1d6+1 for a Wound. Perhaps have an innate ability to cast Bolt with 5 Power Power for that purpose as well?
>Suped Up Saurians as Drakkenlings. Trade in the natural senses and swimmers stuff for a Cha bonus?
>Roving Clans get bonuses to ride and trade?
>Allayi are changed up Rakashans?
>Fuck it, ain't got enough time to get some proper ideas down.
Savage Worlds!
>>
>>53149764
M'lord
>>
The races in Endless Legend are strange enough that the system we convert would have to be either really comprehensive with character creation or at least take edge cases really well.

I don't know shit about shit about any system that isn't blatantly non-applicable. Would Savage Worlds or the other systems just mentioned be able to handle stuff like the Broken Lords and Ended? Would they even be able to deal with necrophages in a way that would mechanically represent both the hive mind majority and the few sentient ones?

Sent from my DustPhone, please forgive any mutations.
>>
>>53170409
>>53171118
Just spitballing here.

Ardent Mages
- Dust Magic: Bolt with 5 PP (+1)
- Arcana Experts: Spellcasting d6 (+1)
- Power through Pain: Can gain 1 point of Fatigue for 2 PP, or a Wound for 1d6+1 PP (+2)
- Haughty: Major Hindrance (Arrogant) (-2)

Broken Lords
- Dustborn Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, don’t suffer wound modifiers, and are immune to poison and disease. Broken Lords cannot heal naturally, only through Dust Magic. (+2)
- Appetite for Dust: The Broken Lord syphon at least a pound of Dust once per day for an hour out or become automatically Fatigued each day until they are Incapacitated; the day after that, they perish. (-2)
- Dust Syphon: Touch Spell Attack, if hits, Vigor roll off, if victim fails, Broken Lord drains a point of Fatigue (a Wound if victim rolls a 1 on the Vigor die) and 1d4+1 Power Points, 10 PP (+2)

Cultists:
- Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, don’t suffer wound modifiers, and are immune to poison and disease. Cultists cannot heal naturally, only through a Repair roll with no Golden Hour.
- Hail the Queen!: Major Hindrance (Vow, to the Queen of the Eternal End). (-2)
- Fanatics: Cultists start with a d6 in Spirit (+2).

Drakken(lings)
- Renowned Diplomats: Start with a d6 in Persuassion. (+1)
- Natural Weapons: tail slap, claw or bit for Str+d4 damage. (+1)

Nercophages
- Faster Epomorphisis: Start with a d6 in Vigor. (+2)
- Poison: Victims that suffer a Shaken result from your natural weapons must make a Vigor roll or be paralyzed for 2d6 rounds. (+2)
- Natural Weapons: Str+d4. (+2)
- Outsider: -2 Charisma. (-2)
- Pitiless: Major Hindrance (Bloodthirsty). (-2)
>>
>>53171444
Also I think Dust Syphon would cost 4 PP to use. Forgot to put that in there.
>>
>>53170666
Drakkens have huge defense. Only the winged ones should get CHA.

>>53171239
Yeah how do you represent bat psychology between Summer and Winter.
>>
>>53171444
Coolio

Is that a normal necrophage or a sentient necrophage?
>>
>>53171602
Swap Renowned Diplomats for +2 Armour then, simple.

As for Allayi Summer/Winter bullshit, just make sure they have an offensive bonus and switch it to a defense bonus and back again as needed I guess?

>>53171633
Assuming sentient because I don't see the hive mind as PC material.
>>
>>53171658
Summer bonus to CHA and Winter bonus to Intimidation

Angerbats
>>
>>53171751
Heh. I was thinking more along the lines of Combat Edges but +3 for any decent (read: Seasoned) Edge for race is painful.
>>
File: 512px-Necrophagequest5[1].png (218KB, 512x256px) Image search: [Google]
512px-Necrophagequest5[1].png
218KB, 512x256px
>>53171239
>>53171658
Necrophages don't really have a hive mind (that's the Morgawr shtick), just a natural instinct for castes and (very) low average intelligence.

Pretty much every single necrophage hero fluff includes some variation of "then I ate some Dust and holy shit I have thoughts and stuff now". Except for Ka-Riss, and you saw what happened to him in the end.
>>
File: broken.jpg (1MB, 2000x1121px) Image search: [Google]
broken.jpg
1MB, 2000x1121px
I know we've moved on to mechanics, and I'm glad for it, but there's one lorey bit that I still really don't get. We touched on it in the first thread, but found no solution.

Does Broken Lord society consist entirely of Broken Lords, or are the Broken Lords just the....Lords? Like, they don't use the food resource, which implies that they are all dustboys, but I thought the moral dilemma in their quests and fluff was about how normal dust acquisition is too hard and they are tempted to just kill the peasantry for their dust. This image clearly shows people, but, fuck, they might have just been Ardent tourists for all I know.

There's also that one bit of art that appears to show them making a new Broken Lord, but there's no way that process is how they populated a society, since it took a full room and a bunch of mages.
>>
>>53171815
Need rules for fly and using wings as weapons or shields.
>>
>>53171907
>Ardent tourists
Yeah no
>>
>>53171949
I went with a nonsensical example because I really don't know how this would work.

If the Broken Lords are just the dominant caste of a society that also contains normies, then what does everybody eat? And why doesn't food increase population?
>>
>>53171970
Humans are also minor factions
>>
>>53171916
Allayi are gonna be a headache and I have a paper to write so... yeah.

>>53171847
Sorry if I just assumed off the Will of the Hive bit - never really play nercrophages. You can make them dumber if you wanna, I personally prefer to keep races simple.

Nercophages
- Poison: Victims that suffer a Shaken result from your natural weapons must make a Vigor roll or be paralyzed for 2d6 rounds. (+2)
- Poison & Disease Immunity (+1)
- Potent Poison: Victims have a –1 penalty to their Vigor roll when resisting a Nercophage's poison. (+1)
- Natural Weapons: Str+d4. (+2)
- Intellectually Challenged: Smarts requires two points per step to raise during character generation.
>>
>>53171970
The plot doesn't always conform to game mechanics. Besides, minor faction villages add to your population despite obviously not having the same condition. Unless the population growth is from you eating the poor shmucks.

>>53172011
I suppose I just get a bit pedantic about the difference between a hive mind and just a hive mentality. Non-uplifted Necrophages are definitely all about valuing the swarm over the individual and all that, they just don't have a telepathic connection the way Zerg and Tyranids do. They just have a role in life that they stick to by instinct.
>>
>>53171907
They don't seen make new lords, it seems they use the process to reanimate those who fell or ran out of dust.
It's pretty beliable it takes so much effort since they need dust for that, if they have a lot of dust, many can be revived, if not, they barely are able to increase population
>>
>>53172395
I thought permadeath was a thing with them
>>
>>53172511

They are basically Endless turning into dust via nanites. Hard to put them down forever.
>>
>>53172011

Seems good, hard to tell with Savage World builds if they are alright till you play with them a bit.
>>
>>53172011
II'd imagine that, since being uplifted would probably be a near-universal trait for PC necrophages, that it would get explicitly explained in the players' guide. The dustbath would improve intelligence, but, just for balance, cuts into their combat abilities somewhat and makes them pretty much universally reviled, even by other necrophages.
>>
>>53169378

For Endless Legend, the Endless series or the Endless RPG?
>>
Any good resources for Endless lore outside of the wikis?
>>
>>53176415
Yes.
>>
>>53176944
Artwork I suppose. The art of Endless Legends tells quite a bit
Ans I guess that playing the games and reading all the entries would also work, but apart from that, there isnt much
In the end, Endless Legend is not that well known or popular
>>
>>53176415
Well, if enough people like it, I guess it could deserve an entry, just as SMAC has its own.
But I'd prefer that Endless Legend, as that is the one everyone discusses here, unlike the other games, gets its page of we could design an RPG for it on 1d4chan
>>
>>53178832
Seconded. I'll post my 3.P stuff there.
>>
I probably missed it, but how would the cultists work as anything other than an NPC race?
Sure the Necrophages have some individuality, but the Cultists and Morgawr have none
How was it explained how the Cultist heroes are available mercenaries
>>
>>53178901
I think it's because even while serving other factions, they somehow serve the obscure purpose of the Queen/Unspoken.
>>
>>53178933
Ah, well that does make them terrible for anything other than an NPC faction, or the campaign should be designed around all the PCs being Morgawr/Cultists
Still we should write down some mechanics for them, so that they could at least make good NPCs
>>
>>53178962
Look up, go the SW shit there.

I could do Morgawr quickly, if someone explains 'em beyond mind controlly fishmen.

(I have never played them.)
>>
>>53178985
I would, if I knew a thing avout Savage Worlds.
But, fuck it, I'll take a look at it tonight
>>
>>53179014
Well I don't think I need to tell you that getting mind control at the level the wiki states is not something a starting PC should have.

And a hint: even a +1 bonus is huge in SW.

>>53178933
Whelp the Queen is pretty insane.
>>
Morgawr

Hydrophillic: They cannot drown in water, move at full Swimming skill, and get a free d6 Swimming (+2)
Cat's Paw: Puppet (3 PP), Smarts roll, 5 PP, regain 1 PP per hour. (+2)
Terraphobic: As Outsider Major Hindrance. (-2)

seems eh
>>
>>53142221
Without thwir mind control they do seem really meh.
But giving them mind control is way too strong.
Maybe you could implement something like the flying of raptorans in dnd, weak at low levels, and only getting to the real deal later on
>>
>>53179356
Sounds like Veteran (well Puppet is a Vet power) Racial Edge to me.

Mastery over Minds:

You gain the Puppet power as well as 5 PP that cannot be spent on any other power. These recharge at a rate of 1 per hour, and the spellcasting skill (dunno the exact official wording) of this power is Smarts.
>>
>>53174304
The virtual Endless need databanks and servers.
>>
What kind of late-game motivations could characters have besides "try and keep things warm" or "get the fuck offworld"? I'm kinda scratching my head for this one, but I guess that comes with any game that has an established timeline that goes beyond where the characters play.
>>
>>53180202
turn the planet into a spaceship
>>
>>53180202
Save everyone else? Secure the recorded of the peoples?
>>
>>53180249
recorded history
>>
>>53179585
>>53174304
>>53172511
>>53172395
Yeah, there's only one case of a Broken Lord being revived like that, and that's the one from the Halloween quest ("Tales from the Dark Season"). The Broken Lord campaign itself certainly treats death as something permanent.

>>53180202
Well, you don't really have to set the campaign during the End of Ages. Think of it like ASoIaF, you can set the story 100 years earlier and enjoy comfy hedge knight adventures.

Alternately, compare it to VtM. Gehenna is coming, but it's probably gonna be a while, and a lot of vampires probably aren't going to care until it's right in their faces anyway.

If you DO set the campaign during the last days of Auriga then the campaign is probably going to revolve around that, so PC motivations are probably going to follow the same lines as the faction quests. Maybe they'll try to follow the Ardent Mages in becoming cyber ghosts?
>>
Discovered the ArtStation pages for the two artists for the game. Some good stuff there.

Fomorians are giving me a Metal Gear vibe.
>>
Allayi
- Flight: Can Fly at base Pace. (+2)

- Shifting: (+2)
Light Form (Summer, +1 die to Persuassion (min. d4))
Dark Form (Winter, +1 die to Fighting (min. d4))
- One with the Seasons: +4 bonus to resist hot & cold. (+2)
- We Chosen Few: Major Hindrance (Vow, To Protect Auriga), Racial Enemy (Drakken, Necrophages) (-4)

Ardent Mages
- Dust Magic: Bolt with 5 PP (+1)
- Arcana Experts: Spellcasting d6 (+1)
- Power through Pain: Can gain 1 point of Fatigue for 2 PP, or a Wound for 1d6+1 PP (+2)
- Haughty: Major Hindrance (Arrogant) (-2)

Broken Lords
- Dustborn Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, don’t suffer wound modifiers, and are immune to poison and disease. Broken Lords cannot heal naturally, only through Dust Magic. (+2)
- Appetite for Dust: The Broken Lord siphon at least a pound of Dust once per day for an hour out or become automatically Fatigued each day until they are Incapacitated; the day after that, they perish. (-2)
- Dust Siphon: Touch Spell Attack, Uses Spirit if hits, 4 PP, Vigor roll off, if victim fails, Broken Lord drains a point of Fatigue (a Wound if victim rolls a 1 on the Vigor die) and 1d4+1 Power Points, 10 PP (+2)

Cultists:
- Construct: +2 to recover from being Shaken, don’t suffer wound modifiers, and are immune to poison and disease. Cultists cannot heal naturally, only through a Repair roll with no Golden Hour.
- Hail to the Queen!: Major Hindrance (Vow, to the Queen of the Eternal End). (-2)
- Fanatics: Cultists start with a d6 in Spirit (+2).

Drakken(lings)
- Thick Hide: +2 Armour. (+2)
- Natural Weapons: tail slap, claw or bit for Str+d4 damage. (+1)
- Minor Hindrance (Pacifist)

Nercophages
- Natural Weapons: Claw Str+d6. (+2)
>>
>>53182126
Looks good, the rest of the factions were done before IIRC
Maybe we could focus either on other minor factions, like the Eyeless ones or the Ended
Or maybe something else, like weapons and proficiency with them
>>
What are the essential expansions/dlc for this game?
>>
>>53183455
All of them add things of substance and value.
>>
>>53183455
All of them. Besides, if you play in multiplayer with someone who has any DLC, you'll be granted access to those same DLC.
>>
>>53183467
>>53183485
I'm more of a single player person, really. And bat people, spies, and merfolk don't really appeal to me...
>>
>>53183673
DLC also add mechanics like wonders, coop/competitive quests, legendary deeds, ability to influence winter effects, sea mechanics and so on. Anyways, your choice.
>>
>>53183673
Tempest isn't only good for the Morgawr - it makes the seas incredibly relevant and adds a lot of worthwhile naval content; including naval facilities which are a nice edge for civs.
>>
>>53183673
>I'm more of a single player person, really.
You're gonna get bored really, really soon.
>>
>>53182126
>Racial Enemy (Drakken
What

Also, consider that Summer form gives better healing / defense / less upkeep

I'm not sure how that translates
>>
>>53183796
And also, wings as natural weapons / defenses
>>
>>53183737
>>53183739
The thing is, I simply don't have 50$ for all of the DLC.

>>53183776
Why's that? I've sunk a load of time into other strategy games before.
>>
>>53183887
I'm going to assume I don't need to tell you the difference of strategic fighting VS AI and strategic fighting VS Human.
>>
How is EL in mp? SP gets boring kind of fast.
>>
>>53183940
I personally find it incredibly fun - especially with all DLC. Though I've only played two long matches to completion, and as Broken Lords one of the other human players latched onto me and begged for Dust the whole time.

Felt kinda good to have a toady...
>>
>>53183940
Unbalanced past early game. But playable. It's partly because the game is unbalanced directly, and partly people all the people I've fought can't play VS human for shit, as in, they expect to just stay in their corner and just buildup their snowball for 100 Turns like they do in SP

Instead of messing with their neighbors like I do
>>
>>53182126
You're doing the Unspoken's work, friend. Bully for you.
>>
>>53183988
>>53183999
I think my worry is how slow SP feels might not translate well to MP. Do people tend to play with increased speed settings or something?
>>
>>53183193
I just combined into one post for ease of access, and without a large number of typos. Morgawr as you saw, are gonna be tricky, Wild Walkers are not!Elves pretty much and I dislike tampering with SW Humans.

Mainly because you would take the free Edge over d6 in Riding and Persuasion (For Roving Clans) every time.
>>
File: race.png (1MB, 958x885px) Image search: [Google]
race.png
1MB, 958x885px
>>53183796
Just a rift on the Drakken skull pearl helmet.
>>53183842
Just there's a point with SW race creation that makes additional bonuses not worth. Just have a look. Make your own if you really wanna, I'm not here to tell you how to play games.

My opinion? I'd just have as a Racial Edge.
>>53184111
>Bully for you.
That's quite alright, old bean!
>>
>>53181644
Much like everything in the game, I'd love for them to be expanded upon. Notably they act like normal people despite their robotic appearance, including getting super fucking drunk in a giant feast.
>>
>>53184237

>don't lik emessing with humans
>does ardent mages

?????
>>
>>53184509
Because their racial bonuses are actually beyond Sneak Good, Trade Good and Science Good?
>>
>>53184546

Vaulters get more than science good; they're excellent defenisvely and good crafters atop it, plus their reverence of building materials could be built into something. Forgotten are only BARELY human; they're paranoid mutants who can turn all but invisible. Roving Clans are the closest to 'normal', but you also have to consider the Dust Fever affliction many of them suffer from.
>>
>>53184583
Sounds like you would be better than making them in SW than me because only really Broken Lords.
>>
>>53184611

Unfortunately I don't know SW that well, or i'd give it a shot myself; but I do feel like the Vaulters, Forgotten, and Roving Clans are different enough from 'generic baseline' that you could do a full race of them, statwise.
>>
>>53145806
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYgti3MKCDg
Dragon birds a best.

>>53145674
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8H8DedCW_I
Abstract outsiders a best.
>>
>>53184131
Play with fastest animations, usually it's not much more slower, what's slow it's just when someone's in a war while the other isn't. Also the game will generally be longer because you have to play every turn fully, you can't half-ass it against humans. Every combat should be hand-played too. Turns are simultaneous.

Don't play in Fast, everything gets shit. I always do Normal.
>>
>>53184583
>>53184546
You guys have to remember Amplitude made EL factions to be highly asymetric. As they should be if you ask me, even if they ended up unbalanced. You can feel they're different.
>>
>>53184927
It's a SW thing, sorry. Any bonus I give the races is going to affect 'em in a big way.

The default on the racial thing is a total +2. It's a good guidline. I'd rather not have racial features that take a third of the sheet to write down.

and I can't be bothered with how the Sci Fi Companion deal with race creation.
>>
File: 1457632614380.png (385KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457632614380.png
385KB, 800x400px
how can one person ruin so much potential thread goodness
>>
>>53185052
?
>>
>>53185052
Uh... Are you talking about the guy making stats? Because if you are... I got two words for you, and they're "thank you"
>>
>>53185125
kek

I of course meant, *not "thank you"
>>
>>53185144
what's your beef then?
or are you just here to meme?
>>
>>53185185
>>53185052
Are you that same person Anon?

Whatever you're trying to pull, learn to capitalize.
>>
>>53185222
If you're asking if I'm the one who posted a spidermeme it ain't me.

Now I'm just confused.
>>
>>53185052
>wah my /vg/ thread on /tg/ is actually being used to make games!
>>
>>53184583
Forgotten do have an overall human mindset, even if their culture is pretty paranoid and a bit spartan. One of their mercs is a spy who was among Roving Clans for so long that she said "Fuck this Jason Bourne crap, I want wine and silks." and went rogue.
>>
>>53185262
Just must be some guy anal about the specific system used or whatever

I got no clue.
>>
>>53185351
It would help if they told us what exactly was the nature of the experimentations on them.

And holy shit that is a BIG Drakken since when do Drakkens have such big arms and proportionned like so?
>>
>>53185390
Drakken get pretty big.

That guy just lifts a lot.
>>
File: Diplomacy.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Diplomacy.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>53185427
>>
>>53185447
>>53185427
>their diplomatic power are because they are fucking dragons and you listen when a dragon speaks
>>
>>53185427
>>53185447
I think this is just propaganda.
>>
>>53185427
>>53185447
Well I wanna pet em

>>53185511
Basically

>>53185598
Tfw you don't see any Allayi on the official art because they came in last
>>
>>53185447
The woman on the far right is like a lurker enjoying the show during a large argument.
>>
>>53185668
>implying anyone actually enjoys fights
>implying she's just not hysterically pretending to like we all know you do anon
>>
>>53185668
She's an Ardent mage, the pain of going through all this bureaucratic bullshit is making her obscenely powerful.
>>
File: thomas-du-crest-citadels-all.jpg (549KB, 1440x1200px) Image search: [Google]
thomas-du-crest-citadels-all.jpg
549KB, 1440x1200px
God, I wanna make Roving Clan not!Rikku and go on deep sea scavenger hunts so bad.
>>
>>53185511
This is why I personally don't think representing their diplomatic power with a CHA-boost is accurate; They're not able to force peace or alliance because of silver tongues or honeyed words, it's because they're dragons with dirt on everybody and everything, and the ability to back that knowledge up with force.
>>
>>53187843
Someone's never played a Courtier in Fantasy Craft, it seems...
>>
So, bought ES2. Jesus christ I'm so lost. Either I forgot a lot from ES1 or this is rather different.
>>
>>53188467
How's space battles?
>>
>>53188584
I'm not sure. I retreated from the only one that came up with my one exploration ship. Needing research to get out of my local area feels very odd, I also feel like I don't get how to get started quickly; took me forever to get my empire going basically and I don't yet know what research or actions to prioritise early on, you know?
>>
>>53188584
The battle are a treat to watch but there's not really any tactics involved. You pick a formation before it starts for different bonuses, but other than that the battle is won or lost when the fleets are built.
>>
>>53188651
If it's anything like EL: Industry, Food, Science, Happinness, Settlers, Army, everything else.

And don't forget timing.

>>53188814
I'd say, depending of the fleet builder and how similar it would be to EUIV, that's a good thing. Too much cheese, too much "I win 100% or I lose 100%" with tactical resolutions like EL.
>>
>>53188651
>>53189103
I meant Science THEN Food.
>>
>>53189103
>>53189111
That stuff I get, but it all still feels very confusing. Might just need a slightly more hand holdy tutorial for people like me. That or I can just give in and play a gimmick race and accept being confus.
>>
>>53185511
They're really good early-game warmongers too with their basic unit being tanky as fuck and fast.
>>
>>53189272
Play Sophons with the tutorial on.
>>
>>53187843
to be fair, cha is meant to represent presence I figure, either through beauty, forceful personality, or intimidation. As blingdragons tend to dabble in all three I figure it works, they've got some pretty clothes, they're strong willed, and they're fucking dragons.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.