[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-edgy assassins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 42

File: 1486367127286.jpg (8KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1486367127286.jpg
8KB, 300x199px
Why is every single assassin a "nuttin personnel, kid" type of dark edgy faggot ?

Lets end this autism ridden meme once and for all

>post original new fun ways to play an assassin
>DnD 5e
>no edgyness allowed
>>
Use a blunt weapon.
>>
>halfling bard
>charlatan backround
>looks childish and inmature
>is a court jester
>has no weapons equipped
>proficiency with poisons and forgery/disguise and traps
>his method of killing are deception, exploiting trust, charming magic, manipulation and of course poisoning
>Rarely kills anybody outside of paid contracts, prefers pacifications
>while adventuring, more of a support role
>>
>>53141426
Just a guy good at killing folks. Goes home to his family, doesnt feel special remorse at the act, maybe tries to stay more neutral, but definitely avoids bigger contracts or anything that smells fishy.

Works 4 weeks out of the year and lives the rest in relative luxury with his wife and doggo in their modest home on the edge of town. She grows radishes, pumpkins and they make cider from the small orchard they own, outside of town. Travel a bit.

Basically your every man who makes a bit of dosh on the side with ultra violence.

He doesn't worship any crazy god, he does pays off the thieves guild a percentage and just wants to be left alone.

Until guild leaders kid kills his dog and wife.
>>
File: cBhbepi.jpg (968KB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
cBhbepi.jpg
968KB, 1125x2001px
Thri-kreen mercenary who genuinely loves what he does and is very friendly towards his associates.
>>
File: tumblr_m8f4dwtFLs1qko8xvo1_500.jpg (109KB, 492x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8f4dwtFLs1qko8xvo1_500.jpg
109KB, 492x700px
Play pic related, kind, autistic, just did something wrong in the past and had no other way of making a living.
>>
>>53141472
Does the death of doggo transform into an avenger or darkness and edgyness like john wick ? If not, i like your idea
>>
>>53141426
In all fairness, it's hard to entirely avoid edge when your career inherently revolves around killing people
>>
>>53141426

I'm playing a professional manhunter. It really is nothing personal for him, but he figures that goes without saying. He's completely mellow and tends to laze around except when his boss/father figure gives him the order to kill someone, at which point he lets his instincts take over. Being an elf he has had a long time to hone them to the point where he hardly ever has to think. (Except since the game started as the situation there presented various new complications, much to his mild irritation.)
>>
>>53141503
What about
>>53141469
?
>>
File: styx1280jpg-44fe2e_1280w.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
styx1280jpg-44fe2e_1280w.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>>53141426
It's pretty difficult to make 'I kill people for money' not edgy.

It'd be easier as a merc. Sometimes people are desperate, or it's the only feasible way to sate the wanderlust, but being an assassin specifically requires either a warped set of personal standards or dark set of circumstances to make sense.

I guess you make it a no-nonesense type of commando or spec ops. character. Like an actual soldier who's just about killing the target, but they'd still have to be kind of messed up to be in that line of work. Either they'd be a little twisted from the training that broke them down and built them into something else, or they'd be a natural sociopath.
>>
>>53141496
Was he not just describing John Wick? I thought that was the joke
>>
>>53141496
Nah ignore the last bit. It was me realizing he was essentially john wick.

I figure he has a family he wants to look out for. Only reason to start working more might be to pay for his wife's treatment, or perhaps to cover the cost of meds to control lycanthropy picked up on a job, or various other terrible, possibly karmic, but controllable things.

Shit, I'd play this character with lycanthropy, that is, on the full moon he locks himself up and drinks a wolf bane tea as the full moon approaches. Started adventuring to avoid harming his wife and maybe see if anyone can cure him.

Just a guy who's really good at killing folks who got caught up in some mystical mumbo jumbo and wants out.

That said >>53141492 's idea is better.
>>
>>53141513
Yeah probably... but i wanted some orijinale and fun concepts
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>53141426
>>
>>53141426
I have a Trandoshan bounty hunter lined up for a Star Wars game who does his job because he's good at it, he enjoys the thrill of the hunt, and he doesn't have to feel bad about his targets because they're inevitably scum to the man.
He doesn't usually kill them, either, mostly because the guys he brings them to generally want them in one piece.
Yeah, sure, he's a sarcastic asshole who keeps an arms removed count, but his Vibro-Axe is named Chop II: Chop Harder, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>53141442
Underrated
>>
>>53141485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqbaC8HbA4
this
>>
>>53141426
Assasins would usually require a few things:

-An information network.
-Social and acting skills to blend in.
-A wide range of proficiencies in crafts that can serve as a cover.
-Skill with medicine and poison.
-And an excessively trained body for dangerous missons.

So you end up with a Charismatic Monk.
>>
>>53141676
>Nobody expects the Spanish Assassination
>>
File: hashashin_1448369535.jpg (126KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hashashin_1448369535.jpg
126KB, 600x450px
>>53141426
Make the assassin very religious. He's devoted to some cause greater than himself.

Getting stoned off his ass before a mission is optional.
>>
Bob Ross sniper with a Crossbow
>>
>>53141707
/thread
>>
File: Simo_Hayha.jpg (15KB, 210x372px) Image search: [Google]
Simo_Hayha.jpg
15KB, 210x372px
This guy.
>>
>>53141724
Billy Mays sniper with a crossbow. He's a crossbow salesman who wants to rack up all the monster kills to prove his crossbow is the best crossbow ever designed, guaranteed.
>>
>>53141547
This
>>
Make the assassin be a bubbly japanese highschool girl who's dark secret is that she's in the assassination club, which is in the danger of being closed for lack of members other than herself, but can't really look for new members since it's supposed to be a secret club, and also has a penis.
>>
How bout just an a really obvious amateur, no ninja skills no high speed low drag operators just a man with pipe. You pay Moni, and he pipes'em
>>
>>53141735
I kek'd

Alternatively, the assassin could be an adventurer cursed by a lich to maintain mandatory kill count every day/week/month/year otherwise he'll die a painful and slow death by having all his lifeforce drain from him. He fears discovery and prosecution, so he naturally turns to the life of an assassin.
>>
>>53141492
Steering into the autism for ending it

Natalie portman at the height of her career.

I like it
>>
>Be assassin of assassin god
>Treat every contract as a holy writ
>Every assassination is carried out with all the somber respectfulness of a religious ceremony
>If you met him in the street you might mistake him for a monk.
>>
>>53141927
>Is wrongfun because I can't autistically sperg all over the system for weeks before the game starts to create some kind of demigod while my mates just want to kick back with a few beers and play a game.
>>
>>53141426
>no edgyness allowed
>A dude who kills people for money

I'm thinking that is inherently pretty edgy no matter how you cut it.
>>
>>53141979
>>A dude who kills people for money
Could also be used to describe a mercenary, and they don't have to be edgy
>>
>>53141492

This is the objectively best answer.
>>
>>53141989
I'd argue that a mercenary 'fights' people for money, and sometimes people do die in the process (tone dependent on setting). Its less edgy than explicitly setting out to fuck a guy up.
>>
>>53141426
The character worships a god of chaos, and believes killing high ranking figures destabilizes governments and thus subverts law. Every kill is a holy task of his. He acknowledges that he is ending lives and that is wrong, but he feels he is doing it for the greater good.
>>
>>53141989
An assassin is a different thing then a merc. A merc is hired to fight wars and maybe be a leg breaker. An assassin is hired to kill people flat out and likely people who aren't expecting it.

There really isn't a way to make someone whose job is stabbing or poisoning people not edgy. One could make them affable or copy the cheap hitman with a heart schlock but that doesn't really null what he does to get his money.
>>
>>53141989
A mercenary is a soldier for money. Yes that often means killing, but it also means killing, but it also means all the other shit that comes along with running a military unit. Clerical workers, engineers, mechanics, logistics operators and experts, drivers, electricians and more.

An assassin is only ever going to kill people. A soldier's job can be a lot more varied in scope.
>>
File: dean15.jpg (25KB, 488x332px) Image search: [Google]
dean15.jpg
25KB, 488x332px
>>53142061
>killing, but it also means killing,
Woops.
>>
I played a half-orc fighter once. His name was Jack.
Jack had a low intelligence and slightly above average wisdom.
Jack spoke in the third person and wrote out contracts for the people he was hired to kill.
He wrote them in crayon with backwards E's and shit.
He insisted that he only kill people who deserved it in some manner: bandits, corrupt officials, an asshole farmer who beat his kids ans sexually abused his daughter, etc.
He carried no less than 4 melee weapons at all times and swapped them out between each kill to keep the law off his trail.
"Jack believe in diversifying murder."
Jack called his profession "murderology."
He had a petition for people to sign to make murderology a part of the curriculum.
His hobbies include murder and murder accessories.

His mom was a smoking hot orc lady that fell for a gentleman fighter who treated her nice.
They raised him together and taught him about respect and honor.
Jack loves his mom and dad and once straight decapitated a dude in a bar who called his mom a whore.
One time he wore a dress for a contract. 6' 8'' hulking half-orc in a dress infiltrating a brothel to kill one of their clients. Jack was upset the man didn't think he was pretty.
His official title that he introduces himself as is "Jack 'Jack of All Trades' Tradesman" and he punched a merchant who thought it was dumb.
>>
>>53141426
>looks like a jolly merchant
>hires you to guard his cart and caravan
>turns out he's a beastmaster and the cart is his huge mimic, eats you when you sleep
>if not, he invites you for tea. Paralyzing tea.
>still jolly and chipper and friendly throughout the whole deal

tl;dr pick the right serial killers to base them off of.
>>
>>53141426
Maybe an actual rounded character.

I always thought this notion off lol just go to the assasins guild is quite stupid.

Build a problem solver that creates his own Job opportunities.

A volatile political situation? Your Char knows just the right people to support one side. Maybe the enemy politican can be blackmailed... maybe you have to Kill him. Killing is one of many options to solve a problem.

An "I only Kill dudes" Assasin is stupid. Someone who sees killing as a legitimate Method is not.

Most often the social aspect of the assasin is totally underrated. You need connections and the knowledge and skills to even gain an employment.
>>
>>53141426
If you've watched The Sopranos, Bobby's father is a renowned hitman and he's just a sweet normal old man. He just kills people for money/the needs of his boss.

Or Brother Mouzone from the Wire. Just a calm educated dude who's also really good at killing people should he need to.
>>
>>53141426
It's not that all assassins are NPKs, but just being an NPK naturally leads you into the role of assassin
>>
>>53141426
>son of an assassin-by-trade family
>killing people is just the job for him
>hasn't philosophized it or thought of a reason why it's right
>he just does it because his parents and grandparents did it and so did their own parents and grandparents
>an otherwise jovial and affable fellow that enjoys sweet pies and wood carving
>when confronted on his job being "wrong" he just gets confused like you told him that the sky is green with magenta polka dots
>>
>>53141442
Oinkbane plz
>>
>>53141503
How many edgy fighters did you see, compared to edgy assassins?
>>
>>53143148
Specifically in 5e, you don't have to kill anyone to be a fighter. It could all be non-lethal knockout shit.
>>
smokes hash, nihilistic but comes off as aloof, he's not edgy he just doesn't care. it's all about the money, if he has demons they aren't work related. bitch ex wife or something. quiet but usually has something funny to say when no one else does.
really, he's a professional. Nothing personal, kid.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170509-095110.jpg (268KB, 586x683px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170509-095110.jpg
268KB, 586x683px
If the Oblivion Dark Brotherhood taught me anything it's that you don't need to be a stealthy cloak n dagger kind of guy to be an "assassin"

All you really need to do is love your job and fulfil the contract.

Pic related.
>>
>>53141442
As far as I know, the Sling is the only bludgeoning weapon that qualifies for Sneak Attack. I can now imagine a Halfling Assassin who disguises himself as that kid in the crowd who shouts "Boo!" and throws rocks.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 104x91px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 104x91px
>>53141979
>edgy
I'm getting really tired of this word, people want a service done he does the service. We all die sometime he just accelerates the process.
Inb4 that's what I call edgy
>>
>>53141989
If a mercenary's contract has him explicitly killing someone for money, then he is acting as an assassin. He's not a mercenary anymore.
A mercenary who kills in battle is not the same as an assassin who gets hired to kill someone and then does.
>>
>>53142582
>Serial killers and assassins are the same thing!
>>
>>53143348
You know you can base something off the other, right?
>>
>>53141426
>housewife
>downright terrible housewife
>sincerely believes she's cooking good meals
>poisons everything
>she's also terrible with a backscratcher and comb
>offers to scratch peoples' backs or comb their hair
>effectively backstabs the hell out of them
>in-universe is thoroughly confused and traumatised why people die around her
>in crunch it's represented by sheer assassin levels
>>
>>53141426
make them actual historical assassins. deadly assassins who are hashish junkies, and so likely prone to giggling, falling over and staring at interesting light patters like hypnotized
>>
>>53141547
Primary weapon: Piss
>>
File: IMG_0324.png (748KB, 1244x934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0324.png
748KB, 1244x934px
>>53143438
I like the enthusiasm but euphoria fades pretty quickly when you pick up any kind of habit.
But a bumbling, paranoid hash eating assassin is a solid idea and if you go full comic relief there's look no further than pic related.
>>
"life was just passing me by. I dragged my feet all through my teens, thinking being clever was going to be enough to guarantee success in whatever I eventually decided I wanted to do. Then one day I woke up; 25, no job, no house, no savings, nothing. Decided I needed to do something with my life. Figured I'd take on a trade. Figured I'd probably end up a smith or something, but I found someone a little less conventional looking for an apprentice, and since that job at the bakery wasn't working out I gave it a shot. I was a little unsure at first, but like my master says: if some noble is offering a prince's ransom to see someone dead, then that person is going to end up dead one way or another, might as well make sure I'm the one who gets the money."
>>
>>53141426
A sickly effeminate boy, not quite trap level, but definitely not a man among men. Has to use poisons to kill. Can't stand the sight of blood, so they try everything they cam to make the party eat or drink poisoned foodstuffs. If the party isn't too bright, offer perception rolls to see if it tastes off or make the assassin act very nervously to hint at their deceit and mediocrity. If the party has a tendency to protect weak things, maybe make them a plot hook by plaguing the assassin with horrible medical bills for their incurable disease - they kill because they have no alternative.
>>
File: Crying Freeman.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crying Freeman.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Trained and conditioned to kill, but still feeling empathy towards his targets.
>>
>>53141426
>human or half elf rogue
>specializes in high-end espionage and assassinations
>dresses as an extravagant noble and all-around dandy boy
>gotta play him as a dandy fop with extremely over the top voice and disarming attitude (think Hedonism Bot from Futurama for the voice and general mannerisms)
>high rolls on deception, performance, and sleight of hand
>good rolls for perception and insight also a plus
>exclusively uses high-powered poisons for assassinations
>is genuinely a blast to hang out with and can get other characters into parties by pure force of his charms and status

This is the sort of assassin I'd play in a game.
>>
>>53141426
A non-edgy contract killer is even edgier on the meta level than one who's obviously fucked up.
A brooding psychopath assassin says that sometimes people are broken.
A happy, well-adjusted family guy who kills people for money and is utterly unaffected by it says that in this setting, killing people for money is no big deal.

It's the difference between a crazy cult trying to summon their demon lord to conquer the world and said demon lord being the recognized head of state.
>>
File: 1480946552201.jpg (12KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
1480946552201.jpg
12KB, 200x219px
>>53144027
A brooding douche-canoe is still a brooding douche-canoe, it's up to you to make that character more interesting by virtue of his other characteristics.

I've personally always wanted to make a character based loosely on Dennis Reynolds from Always Sunny. Like, an absolute sociopath and a bit of a psychopath, but not in a charming fun way, genuinely a bit uncomfortable to be around sort of character.
>>
>>53141426
>A job where you practically have to be edgy to do
>Naw man fuck man their good people who go help charity and all that
I know edgy is a meme now but assassins generally are edgy. When you think of assassin you think of a deceptive person who kills people for money, that's an edgy profession.
>>
>>53144019
That sounds more like a rogue than an assassin.
>>
File: 255188.jpg (13KB, 210x295px) Image search: [Google]
255188.jpg
13KB, 210x295px
>>53141426
Nobody plays the Blades like I do Babe!

Deele do alli boop!
>>
>>53141426
An assassin who kills for a purpose. Be it their country, religion, whatever, as long as they're doing it for some greater cause.
>>
>>53141426
I like the carefree Krombopulos Michael type assassins or the Leon the professional style assassins or simple non edgy just gets shit done like the amputee assassin in "the international" type of dudes.

The worst are the cocky assassins with edgy BS. Anime is horrible in this regard. The killers in anime are almost always edgy "nothing personal kid" types.
>>
Well, the opposite of "nothing personal, kid" would be an assassin for whom the conflict i's in fact deeply personal and probably his primary source of motivation.

A Star Wars bounty hunter taking jobs to hunt Imperials following the destruction of his homeworld of Alderaan is the best example I cab think of at the moment that I'd actually want to play in a game
>>
File: 1408789532114.jpg (27KB, 541x410px) Image search: [Google]
1408789532114.jpg
27KB, 541x410px
"Huh, why are the guard running around this morning?"
"Oh I killed the mayor in his sleep."
"What the fuck? Carl we said we'd confront him tomorrow!"
"Yeah but I didn't trust him, he can't double cross us if he's dead."
"We locked you in your room, how did you even get out."
"Speaking of my room we should leave before the owner of this fine establishment sees it."
"What did you do?"
"Don't worry about it, but seriously we need to leave."
"Why is everyone already panicking? What's with the small splashes of blood everywhere? Carl what did you do?"
"I wanted to see how many bits of the mayor I could spread across town without being noticed. The answer is a lot if you were wondering."
"Nobody was wondering!"
>>
I think the issue is we approach this from only two major perspectives: Someone with a human(oid) mindset (Sane or otherwise) and who does it for monetary compensation or for a cult, esclusively. We need to think about other reasons why someone would be an asassin and other, more alien mindsets.
>>
>>53144027
>A happy, well-adjusted family guy who kills people for money and is utterly unaffected by it says that in this setting, killing people for money is no big deal.
So like the real world, then?
>>
>>53145559
CAAAAAAARL!
>>
Tommy Monaghan. Grew up in a bad place, remained in a bad place, but never lost hope. Yeah, if he has to shoot a freak or two to get on, sure, but it'd be worse if nobody shot them. There was a vacancy in the 'metahuman murder' market, so he filled in after that friggin incident that got him low-grade telepathy and X-Ray vision.
>>
Warlock in my campaign has that Raven Queen UA patron that hates necromancy and ensures that people die when they are fated.
Is a contract killer who only accepts contracts that her patron whispers to her and such.
>>
"will you hold still?"
>AAAACK
"oh, quit being such a baby!"
>GLAAK
>twang
>GASP
"now look what you've done! That garott was a gift from my mother! Now I have to use my knife."
>chunk
>URK
"Quit getting blood everywhere! The janitors here are under stress as it is, they don't need to mop up your blood too. It's inconsiderate."
>Ughhhh...
"There we go. Shhhhh..."
>fuckk you...
"Rude."
>>
>>53141426
I played a rogue in 3.5 that did several killings for money.

To add amusement, I set each killing up with an overly elaborate plan.
> Getting the driver of a wagon drunk, then drugging him with lotus pcp ( basically), and tricking his girlfriend to egg him on that he was a shit driver, and slow. As he raced through town, I released bees into the victims room, when he ran out, SPLAT. Death by drunken wagon driver...

> I tricked a crime boss into believing a box of gems was hidden in the upper balcony of a keep. When they went sneaking up there, I released a cage of pigeons, spooking the thugs into falling to their deaths.
>>
File: Bullseye goodtalk.jpg (264KB, 1200x924px) Image search: [Google]
Bullseye goodtalk.jpg
264KB, 1200x924px
>>53141426
Bullseye from MAX Punisher was good.
>>
A secret service agent who is doing it out of nationalism.
>>
>>53141426
I played an assassin who was your stereotypical high elven flowerlover, but he was a very good assassin. He was the party's face, even. After he took out a target/ finished an encounter he would actually break down and cry in his sleep. Luckily the other PCs weren't little shits about character development and they tried their best to comfort him. It was kinda corny looking back on it, but he always wanted to do the right thing without violence.
>>
>>53141547

I always liked the sort of "9 to 5, slightly bored professional" assassins. Sniper and the Discworld guild spring to mind, but I know I've seen the theme in several other places.

I snicker at the thought of some ameture psychiatrist character asking all these questions about their motivations, and just getting typical office-worker answers.

"The money's a lot better than my last job"

"I get a lot of time off for my hobbies"

"It's interesting work"

"The healthcare and 401k are amazing"

"I've got three kids in college and two mortgages, couldn't afford to retire if I wanted to!"
>>
I kinda feel the opposite is cliche too, but it's what I usually play if its Hired Killer.

The kind who went the other way, someone who is just so positive and cheerful it makes him a good fit for the job because the nature of his work doesn't bring him down.
>>
File: operative.png (1MB, 1176x766px) Image search: [Google]
operative.png
1MB, 1176x766px
Ahem.
>>
>>53141426
Currently playing a shadow monk in 5e, it's just the life he grew up in at the monestary and it's all he knows how to do. Only takes jobs if it feels like they'll actually help people overall instead of "pay me and they die no questions."
>>
>>53146641
>Whats your favourite colour?
>>
A regular adventurer who took to assassination/stealth/sabotage as a means to fight monsters due to an overdeveloped sense of pragmatism (insecurity). Wouldn't actually murder people for money in the same way a regular LG fighter wouldn't
>>
>>53147029
You know, I liked the movie overall but I felt he was one of the weaker parts. Or to be more precise, I felt the ending where he just sort of walks out was a bit lame. I'd have liked him to stick to his guns and maintain that Union integrity had to be preserved, or at least suffered a bit more of an existential breakdown after the reveal.

The whole punch-a-guy-so-he-slowly-falls-on-my-sword shtick was a bit silly for me as well.

Like I said though, it was a nice movie, I just felt it could've been better.
>>
>>53141485
I've legitimately played a Krombopulous Michael-inspired character.

Party face, nice to everyone he met, and secretly chaotic evil in an ostensibly good party.
>>
>>53141512
Nah. People can justify killing if it falls within their beliefs. i.e. defending my god, country, or family. Not a sociopath but also may not necessarily feel guilty for taking a life for a "righteous" means to an end.
>>
>>53143323
Light Hammer
>>
File: 948931-37__andersonreasonable.jpg (50KB, 800x471px) Image search: [Google]
948931-37__andersonreasonable.jpg
50KB, 800x471px
>>53141886
Seems legit. Pic related.
>>
>>53141426
Wat abot a sucubis assassin that uses charm 2 fuck ppl 2 death lol
>>
>>53141503
This. Even if you try to make it non-edgy you're just edging up the other side of the blade. An assassin is an edgy concept. It's edgy when it's a complete professional, it's edgy when it's a cheerful guy who just happens to kill people.
>>
>>53141676
All an assassin really needs is the ability to walk up to a guy, make him not alive anymore, and survive to collect his payment. Anything else is flavor.
>>
>>53146832
I remember the three dudes from Assassin Classroom who, when hired to poison a room full of kids, just made it look like they did because if they actually did something like that it would destroy them professionally and the crazy fuck who hired them would probably just go and find someone who would do it for real if they refused.

I liked those guys.
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 90x90px
>>53141426
>>
>>53147131
Not that anon, but that ignores his point. A normal soldier can justify killing people in defense of something, yeah, but to do it for money as an assassin takes a special kind of mindset. Theres a difference between an assassin and a mercenary or soldier.
>>
File: connor-gartland-krombopcomp2.jpg (665KB, 1762x1955px) Image search: [Google]
connor-gartland-krombopcomp2.jpg
665KB, 1762x1955px
People have mentioned Krombopulos Michael in this thread, but can anybody say how well that works beyond the first few minutes of play? Michael, while awesome, WAS designed as a joke character to be introduced and then disposed of over the course of minutes.

Yes, C-137 Krombopulos Michael is still alive.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ_KtvVvolY make way, coolest Assassin in fantasy coming through.
>>
>>53147059
Blue, no, green!
>>
File: for glorious motherplanet.jpg (58KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
for glorious motherplanet.jpg
58KB, 500x410px
make him a commie.
>>
Those fine suits are not going to pay for themselves
>>
>>53143420
I'm stealing this Anon
>>
>>53141426
Mike from Breaking Bad- still grumpy and stoic, but not edgy, and genuinely cared for a few people in his life.
>>
>>53141426
Try something like that nice old man from Breaking Bad.
>>
>>53145579
Speaking of which, been considering playing a catfolk slayer in PF, and thinking of playing her very ditzy and playful, even when on a job. Any suggestions?
>>
>>53148325

Tell us a bit more about this whole idea
>>
File: john-wick-image-keanu-reeves.jpg (1MB, 3000x1997px) Image search: [Google]
john-wick-image-keanu-reeves.jpg
1MB, 3000x1997px
>>53141472
>>
>>53148631
Going with anon's mention of alien mindsets, I remembered of how in PF, catfolk were going to be a race made by a wizard specifically to be assassins. Going with that, I was thinking of how cats tend to play with their prey, and kill even if they're not hungry. So I'm thinking of playing up those aspects with her, when she's with her party she's a fluffy goofball who gets distracted by ribbons and the like, but when she's on the job, she'll stalk her prey like the predator she is, often times toying with them before she strikes, like throwing a rock in a direction she's not coming from to both distract and panic her quarry.
>>
>>53148986

That sounds good, buy remember not to do it to a point where it becomes too ridiculous. For example, a human that acts just like a monkey would be silly, so a cat humanoid should have those hints of cat like behaviour, but not literally get distracted by a ribbon some guy is waving in her face to the point of totally losing concentration. Her eyes could be drawn to such things, she might naturally want to perform dexterous or acrobatic feats, plus she'll want to play and toy with her prey, but not to the point of acting cartoony. I mean, unless you're going for that I guess.
>>
>>53148986
Gah, forgive my run on sentence there.
>>
>>53141426
Just rip off Thane Krios.
>>
>>53141426
Assassin devoted to fertility god who still believes in preserving the balance so they have to kill people to make up for all the fucking they do.
>>
>>53147869
Who isn't an assassin by trade and the two he assassinated were killed for a cause, not for money.
>>
File: X5xx6Gd.png (131KB, 660x1010px) Image search: [Google]
X5xx6Gd.png
131KB, 660x1010px
My assassin currently is a cured drug addicted whore that originally used her feminine wiles to get near targets, and most of her pay out went into fueling her binges and partying. Now she's found the light of The Enprah/Jesus and while she's still willing to sleep around I'm trying to make her peppier and somewhat of one of those AA cured weirdos, with a side of killing for the inquisition.
I don't know if that counts as "Not edgy" but It's the closest I've done personally.

I guess the least edgy assassin would be a skeleton hard that spooks people to death by playing Spooky Scary Skeletons and jumping out of closets.
>>
>>53141658
Best one off character in Rick and Morty
>>
>>53141426
Not exactly original, but Agent 47 could be good inspiration.

>Uses disguises to get to his targets unseen.
>Avoids killing innocents.
>Mostly sticks to killing evil or morally dubious people.
>Has a religious bent and is generally an amiable person when he's not working.
>>
>>53147820
he's an assassin that just likes what he does. He seems to have a life outside of 'just love killin' since he has the picture of that girl. He could easily be a family man who has the greatest job on the planet.
>>
>>53143323
Have you tried not playing D&D?
>>
>>53141989
Mercenaries kill people more or less legally and openly. An assassin does not, aside from a few specific scenarios.
>>
File: bobross.jpg (213KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
bobross.jpg
213KB, 640x320px
>>53141724
I'll make it look like a happy little accident
>>
Played an old man assassin in burning wheel.
Was a wanted killer in his youth, had to butcher a bunch of cops because they found out about his clan's secret hideout by following his sloppy ass.
Fast forward fifteen years, he keeps a super low profile and avoids murder at all costs.

Maybe edgy, still a fun dude.
>>
File: 1335905320801.jpg (4KB, 126x123px) Image search: [Google]
1335905320801.jpg
4KB, 126x123px
>>53150083
holy fuck
>>
File: 1440510974628.jpg (73KB, 298x385px) Image search: [Google]
1440510974628.jpg
73KB, 298x385px
>>53141426
Hi, I'm the GM. I have a Rogue whose backstory is assassin and spy (and does both in the course of play).

They're sworn to the service of their queen, a master herbalist, and spend much of their time concocting poisons, antidotes, and other herbal remedies and maladies.

Also a decent swordsman, good archer, but relies primarily on setting people up for their own fall. Has successfully assassinated three people in campaign and each time redirected suspicion to someone else.

We tend to run the assassinations on the side now as they involve a lot of one-on-one Q&A while he researches the victim, finds their flaws, ruthlessly exploits them, and then points the finger at their enemies after killing them.

Outside of murdering for the queen, the character is a light-hearted, fun-loving kind of person who enjoys "floofing" in nature, telling stories, and puns.
>>
File: Dreamcast thumbs up.png (306KB, 753x753px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamcast thumbs up.png
306KB, 753x753px
>>53150083
>>
>>53150083
Someone shittily edit his head onto a generic assassin image
>>
Is it still assassination if you don't get paid? I played a fighter who hunted down over a span of 9 in game months the group of men who murdered my character's wife during a robbery at a shop. Is that edgy? Never killed anyone for personal reasons after that, only self defense. I was NG.
>>
>>53147603
>ANTPOSTING

SHIGGY DIGGY IT'S 2012 AGAIN GUYS
>>
File: Rossassin.jpg (160KB, 594x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Rossassin.jpg
160KB, 594x1200px
>>53150083
>>53150370
Did my best, hope you like it bros
>>
Corvo from dishonored was only a lil edgy depending on how you played it.
>>
>>53150952
You just reminded me, memento probably is an amazing example of an unconventional non-edgy assassin
>>
>>53149576
>Avoids killing innocents.
Every game lets you kill extra characters and still get Silent Assassin.

In Blood Money it's even better because the kills that are accidents don't count as being performed by you, so if you are patient enough you can just throw away all the witnesses over a railing or drop a piano on all of them and enjoy the SA rating.
>>
>>53151055
Cheers lad
>>
File: Rossassin.jpg (366KB, 680x1304px) Image search: [Google]
Rossassin.jpg
366KB, 680x1304px
>>53151055
>>
>>53141442
FPBP
I like the thug archetype in PF with the enforcer feat. This works with saps and unarmed strikes, but also with any light blunt weapon if you take the bludgeoner feat.
>>
>>53141472
Horribly banal. Do you work for Hollywood?
>>
an assassin character who's good at character assassination?
>>
>>53151444
>my assassin character is a character assassin
>>
>>53149247
But thane's edgy af
>>
>>53141426
Sends a home-baked cake or cookies to the target with frosting spelling out, "Sorry about your run of bad luck, I hope you enjoy these before the end."

Actually feel bad if you accidently killed a target due to some gluten, fruit, or nut allergy. Then give them a week to prepare, it is a fair sporting chance. Maybe have it played by a grandmotherly like character. Like the old lady from RED.
>>
File: kill-list-002.jpg (39KB, 620x952px) Image search: [Google]
kill-list-002.jpg
39KB, 620x952px
>>53141472
It works, minus the last part, in interesting ways in a modern day/horror setting
>>
Honestly, I'd love to do an assassin in a setting like Ahnk-Morpork where assassination is mostly legal who ends up opening up a mom-and-pop kinda operation.

Why get some edgelord in a cloak to kill people? Dave from down the street is good at killing people. His prices are low, he promises not to kill anyone you didn't specify so you don't have to feel bad about bystanders, and he doesn't do that obnoxious thing where he appears behind you when you meet with him.

So come on over and we'll discuss who you want to die over a cup of tea in a fluffy armchair. Also, Dave doesn't kill anyone in his shop so it's a great place to be.
>>
>>53142023
so an anarchist, I like the idea
>>
>>53141426
You could always go the Krombopulous Michael-route and just have him be a cheerful and friendly guy who just really loves killing people and do so well.

https://youtu.be/qDr9axb7X7E?t=31s
>>
>>53152419
I don't know why it won't start at 00:31 when I clearly told it to do so.
>>
>>53141426
Honky-tonk sharpshooter whose family lived off the land, who eventually aspired to become a police officer.
So he winds up on a SWAT team putting a bullet in the shoulder or between the eyes of a crook if need be.
>>
File: bullseye.jpg (162KB, 631x995px) Image search: [Google]
bullseye.jpg
162KB, 631x995px
>>53147985
>>53147059
>>53146641
Not what I was referencing anon but I'm cool with that one.
>>
>>53147603
>2017
>posting a dinkum Aussie
I bet you think this is a bloody cartoon too eh?
>>
>>53146832
Martin doesn't have a ton of backstory, but I believe after high school, he joined the military, and then just got into the job afterward with seemingly no other real prospects. It's just his job, and he's good at it, but he also feels stuck, as he confides to his reluctant psychologist. So he goes to a high school reunion. This movie is fucking weird, but it certainly provides a reference for an amiable assassin character.

Taking that to a fantasy TTRPG, make them a former member of a trained mercenary company or private army who went freelance.
>>
An assassin that sees himself as a weapon used to kill rather than a killer.
>>
Had a thought about a guy who only kills with explosions. Carefully made, only big enough to eliminate his target, and none of the surrounding area outside of the room.

He doesn't do this because he's some pyromaniac or arsonist, he just doesn't like to see the target die, and he doesn't want to make it last longer than it has to.

Like Guy Fox if he was a hitman with less of a grudge.
>>
>>53156486
military picked by CIA because he has a "flexible" moral compass and wen't freelance. he didn't join Dan Aykroyd's assassins guild because he was bored of the job but Aykroyd thought he was being a scab and trying to undercut him

I love this movie it works on so many levels. great comedy scenes
>>
>>53141743
Kek
>>
>>53141426
Played an kobold assassin once. I am still not sure if his edgy or not since he was slightly goofy at times and considerd the party as his family yet was a bloodthirsty maniac that liked his job.
>>
>>53141511
Still his "job" is to kill people which by itself is edgy.
You may play agent 47 with only killing the man you need to kill but at the end you kill that man for money and since it's what your good at.
>>
>>53157901
But what is edgy in the first place? Killing people need not to be edgy.
Edgy is more of 'I enjoy killing people'/'killing people is fun' or 'I kill people but it makes me sad and stuff'. Does 'I kill people because it's my job'/'I kill people because it's the only thing I know' sound edgy?

What is edgy, in the first place?
>>
File: 1413095304708.jpg (625KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1413095304708.jpg
625KB, 3264x1836px
>>53141426

Genuinely believes he's bettering the world. Knows that killing is wrong but kills select targets because he believes it will make a better future. Ozymandias type if they're making the calls themselves, but they'd have to be pretty high level to make those sorts of calls themselves without just being delusional. Alternatively they could answer to an organization/handler that they really believe in.
>>
>>53145701
I dunno, which season did they have an assassin in the house? Was that the same season with Pedro and Puck?
>>
In the Exalted game I was playing in, I had a valley-girl Abyssal. Cute, upbeat, bubbly, also deadly with two knives and loving the concept of doing things that involved killing people.

She was an absolute blast to play and I'm sorry the campaign ended.
>>
>>53141730
So without a jaw?
>>
File: cat17.jpg (68KB, 640x622px) Image search: [Google]
cat17.jpg
68KB, 640x622px
Whats wrong with good old government assassin on retirement
or government assassin who knows too much and now on the run?
>>
>>53141472
>in their modest home on the edge of town
>on the edge of town
>on the edge
You had one fucking job man. One fucking job
>>
File: EzioRapeFace[1].jpg (25KB, 738x424px) Image search: [Google]
EzioRapeFace[1].jpg
25KB, 738x424px
>>53141426
>Why is every assassin a dark, edgy faggot?
>Why can't assassins be fun?
Ubisoft, is that you? You should've stopped after Brotherhood, now you're just beating a dead horse in hopes of repeating the succes of 2
>>
>>53143086
"Young Heroes, give us your wisdom to our children. We have lost our way as a village"

"next time some bloke is a dick just kill him. Like don't ask permission from your parents or anything- just kill the sod"

"Gary! Don't tell CHILDREN that"

"wot, why not? If people don't want to be killed then ain't be dicks"
>>
>>53160211
"very important advice lil mate; aim for the side of the neck. I never seen a fooker live for more than half a minute afterwards. An case ya miss, just bash his 'ead in with yer boot."
-Gary the Assassin Chav
>>
>>53141426
Even the edgiest assassin still has a player behind the wheel. So long as you own up to the moment, magical things can happen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLza4B6XhA
>shadowrun.jpg
>>
>>53159847
>good old government assassin on retirement
did you take that from the list of top 10 mary-sue characters?
>>
>>53160068
Rogue's pretty good.
>>
cuz they're fat rappers deep deep down?
>>
>>53141426
I'm going to throw an order it's philosopher assassins I'm my game.
They work in pairs primarily so I can have a running dialogue on the morality of their actions.

During interrogations their going to try and draw their captors into a debate on the nature of good and evil.

I'm hoping to have them reoccur enough that I can have assassins as stand ins for different philosophers, and see if the party can recognize them.
>>
>>53147820

Play him as an enthusiastic professional who cares about people he like but also loves his work and find meaning in it.
This could take many shapes like making him an expert gunslinger/bombmaker/martial artist or just a prylbög (I fail to come up with an accurate english translation but the terms literal meaning is someone who's a fag for gadgets) of weapons. These are just some examples.
>>
>>53141472
>Just a guy good at killing folks. Goes home to his family, doesnt feel special remorse at the act, maybe tries to stay more neutral, but definitely avoids bigger contracts or anything that smells fishy.
>>
>>53161984
Is that really a Mary Sue type character? It doesn't seem nearly over the top enough
>>
>>53142142
fuking kek
>>
>mfw too subtle for this thread
>>
>>53141426
My gnome assassin only got the job through joining his local church which turned out to secretly be an evil cult because he had no friends and even then they were just using him as a Janitor and a "hitman" because he wasn't any good at the actual occult stuff.
Although even as a "hitman" he rarely killed people it was mostly scaring off those who pried too deeply into the churches business, which isn't hard to do because it's located in the shithole part of town that corrupt officials don't care about.
Most of the time he'd either be sweeping the church or trying to learn occult stuff so he could actually participate in the activities for once.

A friendless loser who just wants to please his senpais.
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (105KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
105KB, 1400x788px
Whip it out.
>>
>>53141426
>not acting like a friendly innocent "everybody should get along!" healer
Oh you just sneak around to avoid combat since you're helpless and don't want to hurt anyone.
Oh you just know all about poisons so you can treat them.
Oh it's so sad, the patient passed away suddenly from complications! you just couldn't save them and are all broken up over it because losing a patient never gets easier.
>>
File: pr3twinsaws.jpg (170KB, 879x799px) Image search: [Google]
pr3twinsaws.jpg
170KB, 879x799px
>Playing Corporation
>Make a female assassin because why not
>GM expects either a femme or a broken bird
>During character creation discover loophole in rules
>At max strength you can take a skill to let you use two handed weapons as one handed weapons
>Dual wielding lets you fight with two one handed weapons at once
>Chainsaws are two handed weapons
>mfw make an assassin who dual wields chainsaws
>Every job becomes a glorious bloodbath
>Assassins just have to kill their target GM, they don't need to be sneaky to do it
>>
>>53141979
YOU'RE GARBAGE WHO KILLS FOR MONEY
>>
>>53147249
You have to be able to find the mark (potentially in a big city), anticipate where he'll be, get past any anti-assasin measures he employs like body-doubles or guards, etc. Which means learning about these things from someone somewhere, which means you need contacts. Your clients don't just give you a time and place and a picture and say "kill this man."
>>
>Be a mercenary/assassin
>Pretty chill guy, always telling jokes, easy to bond with, all around cool dude
>Can take any job, even if it requires him to strangle even child in an orphanage with his bare hands, as long as he's paid
>So disconnected from reality and the horror of his job that he's gone full circle and became the nicest guy you'll ever meet
>Might invite you to a BBQ
>>
>>53156690
This shit, right here. Grenades are cheap and they work.
>>
Krombopulous Michael
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.