[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucked Up monsters and a setting for them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Lusus-Naturae-Monstruct.jpg (166KB, 800x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Lusus-Naturae-Monstruct.jpg
166KB, 800x1049px
Ive been on a binge reading two fucked up monster manuals, the Teratic Tome and Lusus Naturae.

I now want to run a campaign in a setting were all these super fucked up and edgelordy monsters exist, and I was looking for more fucked up monsters and ideas on how to make that level of fucked up setting.
>>
Do your players want to play in a super-fucked setting filled with monsters out of an edgelord's wildest fantasy? Think about that before you actually bother.
>>
>>53141918
I dont have a group yet, but my plan was to eventually have a fully formed idea of this setting before broaching it to any potential players.
>>
>>53140261

Dafuq is that, btw?
>>
>>53142214
an Abstruct,
it makes structures with parts of children corpses, and has cleric spells.
>>
In for more fucked up monsters, need some for my setting.
>>
>>53142229
Cute, where can I get moar? Is this your design?
>>
Humanity finally grasped the arcane, and within months had installed magic reactors, magic controlled and augmented mass agriculture, was well on their way to installing artificial ley grids, when the crazy anti-majers were proven right. Human use of the arcane has horrific side effects, spontaneously melting organic and inorganic materials alike, alive or not, into terrifying, disgusting, usually unclassifiable beasts. Highly affected areas exhibit extra planar rifts and environmental "mutations".
That was years ago, nowadays humanity has learned to cope. Practice of magic is outlawed outside of red zones, but to the aspiring mage, or merc, the remaining factions of humanity are always happy to pay you to risk your life and humanity to walk into the local totally not dungeon reactors and erase some nightmares, maybe even turn those blasted magitech machines off if you're really feeling suicidal.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (32KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
32KB, 128x128px
>>53142486
Damn! That sounds like a great setting! Might give a go for my next game.
>>
>>53140261
Might want to look at Warren's Folly, which is being worked on now. Vast underground semi-sentient eldritch maze that the players explore. Monsters are called Horrors, and it's meant to be mindfuck central over there. Magic is fueled by insanity, and strength is gained by corruption. Gonna take a look at those books, thanks for the tip.
I don't know if its exactly what you're looking for, but this kind of fucked-up thing seems like a perfect fit.
>>53104428
>>
>>53140261
Kingdom Death Monster is right up your street mate.
>>
>>53140261
I don't know your stance towards eastern animation (seems positive from the OP), but a brief search for horror anime/manga will surely deliver. You don't need to watch or read it through, random screenshots and pages are still useful. Also look for horror art and creepy pastas, then combine.

As for setting, maybe a perpetual nightmare world Don't Rest Your Head-style? Eldritch apocalypse, being inside someone's psyche, afterlife, interdimensional travel, supernatural conspiracy. That >>53142486 magical holocaust idea is also a neat-o, the part about totally-not-dungeons needs work though.

I gave up on RPGs, since playing even with Generic McBasic settings is too much of an effort for my group, let alone my edgelord nightmareworlds, that make strangers cringe.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.