[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ ~ 5th Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 470
Thread images: 47

File: 46377878_p0_master1200.jpg (359KB, 1000x818px) Image search: [Google]
46377878_p0_master1200.jpg
359KB, 1000x818px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

Does your party belong to a larger organization? Do you have a cool party name?

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Races:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/7e74b19937c1

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously:
>>53122323
>>
File: Hemomancer - Sorcerous Origin.pdf (602KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Hemomancer - Sorcerous Origin.pdf
602KB, 1x1px
I shall pollute 5e with another homebrew of mine. Looking for criticisms and yada yada. General preface as always is that these are just mechanics I have come up with that I thought would make the archetype desirable, and have not yet been fine tuned or nerfed from the original idea so I don't waste 2 hours fine tuning it just to realize it should be something else.

Feature names and numbers are subject to change, looking for fluff as well since the best I can think of is "Natural knack for controlling blood".
>>
How do you do lootations?
>>
>>53129015
No larger organization this campaign, our de-facto name throughout has been the "rib-ticklers," one of our PCs played a necromancer and we needed a name at the time that really sticks to the ribs
>>
>>53129088
homebrew/10
>>
>>53129015
Meh they technically work for the Empresses Guard, even though it consists of maybe a handful of survivors and no they are horrible at names.
>>
>>53129126
You too.
>>
What kind of monsters would you put in a "Legion of doom"? It's meant to be a bit silly.

An Orc Chieftain, Red Dragon, A Lich, Beholder, a Drow Noble, A hobgoblin Warlord, what else would be a good fit?
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67KB, 500x550px
>>53129015

What would a Silver Knight even be? A Paladin of Amaunator?
>>
>>53129143
Goblin alchemist/bombmaker.
>>
>>53129143
A mindflayer in person, or maybe a kraken that communicates through a big crystal ball that interrupts the council's bickering to give the final word before the scene ends.
>>
>>53129143
An owlbear
>>
>>53129015
No and no.

We're a bunch of rag-tag fuckers, and it looks like more and more we're gonna be facing off against a rogue goddess. Our party's existence is mere happenstance.

I will pitch the idea of naming our group next session, however.
>>
>>53129143
Vampire waifu.
>>
>>53129143
A dmpc
>>
>>53129143
A Michael Myers-like bugbear

One of the vaguely humanoid things is a rakshasa but none of them know which one it is
>>
>>53129149
Cleric of Light/Avenging Oath Paladin multiclass.
>>
How many forever DMs actually use multiple settings?
>>
I've come to believe that CR is pointless and that I should only look for amount of actions the enemy(s) can make
>>
>>53129251
I feel like if I did I would have an awful time. Mixing stuff up
>>
>>53129196
>A Michael Myers-like bugbear
I hope you meant the comedian, because a Fat Bastard bugbear sounds amazing.
>>
How do I make homebrews look like official 5e material
>>
How does /tg/ feel about the bulk of UA?

Are they reasonably balanced/can I give my group the green light on using them all without having to check every single one?
>>
>>53129359
Do what you want, but I meant the slasher movie villain.

>>53129381
Don't allow people to multiclass UA stuff and you're usually fine. Lore Master is a powerful outlier.

The revised ranger UA should be mandatory over the PHB version.
>>
>>53129381
Don't let them multiclass UA

Don't let them play Lore Mastery

Check over it if they're playing Mystic and make sure their capabilities are in line with what you're okay with.

Other than that, it's all pretty okay.
>>
>>53129381
They're not really balanced. I wouldn't suggest it with a group obsessed with min-maxing/power gaming, but I think UA is good to draw from when a player needs something from it specifically for their character.
It's also fun to play around with if you're bored of the PHB classes.
>>
>>53129309
Goblin: CR 1/4
Nimble Escape
Attack: Scimitar
Attack: Shortbow

Pegasus: CR 2
Attack: Hooves

umm...anon...
>>
>>53129381
Typically they are good, some are even underpowered which is more than fine.

As >>53129398 said Lore Wizard should be a flat no. In my opinion you could multiclass UA but you need to go over it with a fine tooth comb, cause I can guarantee there are multiclasses that are insanely good that the community hasn't picked up on yet.
>>
>>53129422
to add to this:
Purple Worm: CR 15
(multiattack)
Attack: Bite
Attack: Sting
>>
>>53129375
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/
Though I think copying the writing style is more important than looks.
>>
>>53129446
>As >>53129398 (You) said Lore Wizard should be a flat no.

No, I said it's powerful. I allow it, but I would tell someone to play something else if they tried to bring that to the table with a group that had a monk, barbarian, and ranger in the other spots.
>>
>>53129088
>Crimson Hunter
An unlimited and more powerful version of Divine Sense

>Vampiric Endurance
Something that Fighters don't get until high level, now available to a d6 hit die class at 1st

>Blood Conduit
This is fine

>Sanguine Scribe
Incredibly overpowered. All you have to do is capture a wizard, and during downtime you drink his blood and allow you to recover. This feature alone makes this the most OP bullshit sorcerer homebrew I've ever seen

>Red River
Eh, sure
>>
I run with the League of Extraordinary Sarcasm, The House of the Rising Pun, and the Truly Horrible Adventuring Company (THAC0 for short).
>>
Reposting from last thread, thanks to the kind anon that shared his experience but still looking for more feedback.

Anyone here had experience with 3.5e(?)'s Savage Species or monstrous races+classes in general?

Part of me likes the idea of race exclusive classes or subclasses, like bladesingers, but I understand it's not quite the mentality for 5e. Same goes for races that might be stronger/weaker that 'common' races or just overall harder to adapt without giving/taking too many stuff to them.
>>
>>53129500
I run with The What.
>>
File: Gunslinger.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Gunslinger.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
One of my players wants to use this Gunslinger homebrew.

I think it looks a little strong, what do you anons think?
>>
>>53129500
Wouldn't that just be THAC?
>>
>>53129485
Why ban it with some classes, if it's too much with 1 class it's probably really really strong with other classes.
>>
>>53129398
>>53129413
>>53129419
>>53129446
>>53129485
Thanks for the advice.
We don't really have munchkins in the group, so it sounds like I'm good.
>>
>>53129573
It can be insanely strong, watch a latter episode of Critical Role and you'll see why.
>>
>>53129523
I loved Savage Species. Had some cool ideas for feats for monsters to make interesting use of their abilities, it had a huge table of anthro races, which I actually liked because it let me have tiger men as rakshasa underlings and boar men to wage war on the gnolls.

Unfortunately, it's from 3.5, and everything from 3.5 is shit so Savage Species is also shit, also fuck anything half-animal-half-human because that's furry shit, so I hate all of it. I burned my copy of Savage Species as soon as 5e came out, and once I saw that they had replaced situational bonuses with "roll twice take best" mechanics i was just in awe. Nothing like that has ever been included in an RPG before. I was amazed at this inclusion of a satisfactory replacement for "DM's best friend" type situational bonuses, before I saw that the rules included them in many situations. Twice the fun! And they don't even stack, meaning if they have a smart idea but already have advantage, they can't gain benefit of it twice! Absolutely fantastic. Not only that, but now you can ROLL your hit dice to heal lost hp. What a unique and interesting new use of that mechanic! Oh, and now they included backgrounds. This is truly groundbreaking, as I can't think of a single other RPG that has background mechanics.

Yeah 5e is truly the best edition. I don't know why we even allow 3aboo to continue living.
>>
File: horclock.jpg (41KB, 564x554px) Image search: [Google]
horclock.jpg
41KB, 564x554px
Hey team, How do I warlock? I'm usually the DM of my group for a variety of RPGs but a player of mine is stepping up to run Storm Kings Thunder and I was thinking about maybe playing a Warlock.

We are rolling stats instead of the usual point buy system so I'm less worried about that, and I understand the class mechanically but I'm not quite sure what it does that's 'fun'.

How would you make a fun level 1 warlock build and what sort of things would you keep in mind when progressing? I don't usually play spellcasters so thought I'd try something new and interesting but am I better off making a Wizard or Sorcerer with levels in rogue for added edgy sneakiness.

Keen for any and all opinions, thanks in advance guys.
>>
>>53129573
Why is "the ability to use a gun" an acceptable concept for a class to so many people?
>>
>>53129149
Paladin of Kossuth
>>
>>53129498
Thanks m8, I really do appreciate the feedback.

>Crimson Hunter
My intention was basically to just give them Blindsight but not being able to detect golems, undead, and what not. Perhaps it needs to be worded better or changed out. Any suggestions?

>Vampiric Endurance
Actually only Champions get it at a higher level, and I think it is pretty widely accepted that Champions are kinda shitty/boring compared to other options existing. I based the healing off of Revenants who get 1 hit point per turn, making it scalable because I was looking for a defensive replacement to Drag/Stone sorcs who get their AC modified.

>Blood Conduit
Alright good, Blood Conduit is what I spent most of my thinking on to make it more balanced than the others. Wasn't sure if the Constitution advantage was too much or not.

>Sanguine Scribe
I figured it could be open to abuse, this is the level I had a lot of trouble coming up with. Should it be entirely scrapped, or could I just make it so it can only be used once per person/target?

>Red River
I feel like I made Red River pretty lack luster, and feared making it too good or interesting since the previous levels were already decent.
>>
>>53129573
It's a bit too strong, but there are other options

He could refluff the Fighter Arcane Archer class to be using a revolver, or some other gun. In my experience, someone who wants to do that just wants to use guns and be a cool cowboy like character, so try and work with them to make that within your campaign before going to homebrew.
>>
A player in my SKT game has it as a goal to rebuild his knightly order that was wiped out in his backstory (there were only like a dozen of them), and I'd like to have him recruit various NPCs he runs into over the course of the game.

These characters aren't meant to be second characters or DMPCs, but I'd like to stat them up if they somehow became more involved in the story.

Anyway, the point is, what would a reasonable build be for a monk[1-3ish]/fighter X build be? It doesn't need to be optimal; it's just an NPC, but something that would work okay would be great.
>>
I need screenshots of Pathfinder devs being shitheads on their forums.
>>
>>53129580
It'd be THA Co.
>>
>>53129682
mentality of autistic teenagers
>>
>>53129682
Why is "the ability to a musical instrument" an acceptable concept for a class to so many people?
>>
>>53129718
Well now I just feel stupid.
>>
>>53129682
Using a gun in a typical DnD setting is something spectacular.
Stop pretending it isn't.
>>
>>53129734
why is "the ability to get mad" an acceptable concept for a class to so many people?
>>
>>53129573
It's stolen a lot of ideas from Matt Mercer's Gunsligner Archetype. Only grit is now awful.

The edgy duster equipment is awful, cause disadvantage is supposed to actually be important, and just saying no to it for checks and saving throws for everything is wrong.

I'm not gonna read more but you should show him the artificer and Matt Mercer's fighter archetype.
>>
>>53129573
>using mercer shit

Holy crap, I had heard about this homebrew but I had not actually read it until now. This is perhaps the worst shit I have read in one of these threads in a while.

>Waking up to a goblin ambush, a human reaches for the pistol she always keeps at her side. She leaps to her feet and begins to fire, blasting the nearest goblin away before he can strike.

Wait what? Is this the amazing description people have been fawning over Matt Mercer for? This is middle-school-tier writing. Alright well we can just ignore that. Moving on....

Alright, looks like he literally stole grit from Pathfinder. And there are loads of abilities that let you just flat-out ignore resistances. Apparently equipment is a class feature now and you can fuck up opponents with your called shots, even better than you can with Battlemaster maneuvers. So yeah he's better than fighter while also getting to do elemental damage like a wizard. I'd say that's broken.
>>
>>53129796
That's not Mercer's gunslinger. It's someone else's.
>>
>>53129707
>>
>>53129618
>half-animal-half-human because that's furry shit, so I hate all of it.

As a DM yes I do because it would create a "well I gotta shoehorn this in somehow"

> I saw that they had replaced situational bonuses with "roll twice take best" mechanics i was just in awe. Nothing like that has ever been included in an RPG before. I was amazed at this inclusion of a satisfactory replacement for "DM's best friend" type situational bonuses, before I saw that the rules included them in many situations. Twice the fun! And they don't even stack, meaning if they have a smart idea but already have advantage, they can't gain benefit of it twice! Absolutely fantastic.

Or you know if they have a situational bonus a DM can easily lower DC or give a boost behind the screen.

>Not only that, but now you can ROLL your hit dice to heal lost hp. What a unique and interesting new use of that mechanic!

Oh no players don't have to rely on DM fist to heal up between fights or burn a bunch of resources that could be better used in combat.

>Oh, and now they included backgrounds. This is truly groundbreaking, as I can't think of a single other RPG that has background mechanics.

Yeah it's almost like they want to help players who have no fucking clue how to make a character. You can literally roll one up using the tables and it gives you a slight mechanical bonus.

>Yeah 5e is truly the best edition.

Debatable, at least you aren't bogged down with a shit ton of options and only about 30 at best are even usable.

>I don't know why we even allow 3aboo to continue living.

Because you suck the dick of a system that has several flaws but refuse to admit them and throw autist fits about it.

Inb4 I was merely pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>53129828
Okay thank god. Well, that homebrew is complete shite. I bet Mercer's is even worse, it figures he'd have to shove guns in D&D so he can act like McCree since that is literally his only claim to fame besides starting this shitty D&D webcast.
>>
>>53129796

he just adapted it to 5e for his players when they transfered their game from pathfinder to dnd.

he isnt claiming to be some amazing writer hes Dming for his friends, why does everybody hate on each other for this shit?
>>
>>53129618
>I burned my copy of Savage Species as soon as 5e came out
shame, i would've gladly taken it from you.

i've only played 5e but there's a couple of source books with interesting stuff i'm struggling a LOT to get hold of. Like a Lords of Madness that isn't a million dollars.
>>
>>53129831
Ah yes a classic
>>
>>53129837
....... Are you retarded one of his players uses it, he is a forever DM.
>>
>>53129759
That doesn't change the fact that there doesn't need to be a class devoted to it.

Wielding a +3 weapon is pretty spectacular but you don't need to make a class devoted to using +3 weapons.
>>
>>53129831
Why does Pathfinder let these "people" out of their cages?
>>
>>53129682
It'd be better as a fighting style instead. That way you can have standard gunslinger (fighter), innawoods gunslinger (ranger), and vampire hunter gunslinger (paladin).
>>
>>53129837
The reason why Matt Mercer homebrewed a gunslinger class is because one of his players was playing gunslinger in Pathfinder. When they shifted the campaign to 5e he had to adapt the class.
>>
>>53129894
It's not just wielding a gun. It's also being able to work/create and utilize the weapons, ammunition, and black powder.
>>
>>53129835
>Oh no players don't have to rely on DM fist to heal up between fights

This literally never happened. If anything, hit dice / healing surges were created to regulate healing and solidify the four-encounters-per-day structure, whereas in 3.5 players could just get a CLW wand and keep going as long as they wanted.

You are hilariously misinformed.

>Or you know if they have a situational bonus a DM can easily lower DC or give a boost behind the screen.

Yeah, unless they already have advantage from some shittarded class feature. And now Mearls added a literal weapon focus feat so apparently the lack of modifiers thing was just until he got bored of it. So now it is completely pointless.

>Yeah it's almost like they want to help players who have no fucking clue how to make a character. You can literally roll one up using the tables and it gives you a slight mechanical bonus.

The fuck are you on about? Also if you build your system around helping new players, your system will only satisfy new players, and they will get bored of it far more quickly.
>>
File: 72427.jpg (14KB, 322x156px) Image search: [Google]
72427.jpg
14KB, 322x156px
What monsters could an evil wizard have taking care of his topiary garden?
>>
>>53129837
>McCree since that is literally his only claim to fame besides starting this shitty D&D webcast
You realize, of course, that when people heard McCree and asked "WOAH IS THAT MATTHEW MERCER?" it's because they were already familiar with him from the OTHER SHIT he'd been doing for years, right
>>
>>53129837
i bet you'd vote for trump if you could
>>
Matt Mercer's Gunslinger Archetype for the fighter.

https://archive.4plebs.org/dl/tg/image/1466/38/1466384400192.pdf
>>
>>53129912
>>53129841
So he just ripped off the class? Wow. And people fellate him for doing a conversion anyone on /tg/ could have, just because he voiced a character in a shitty meme computer game? Fuck him. He's such a bad fucking DM and he is teaching hordes of rosties and normies that the point of D&D is "have fun" which to them means "roar autistically in laughter like a RoosterTeeth twitch streamer every time something mildly funny happens"
>>
>>53129971
Normal humanoids with gardening skills that he employs with standard currency.
>>
>>53129982
>You realize, of course, that when people heard McCree and asked "WOAH IS THAT MATTHEW MERCER?" it's because they were already familiar with him from the OTHER SHIT he'd been doing for years, right

Like what? If I haven't heard of him he clearly isn't that famous.

>>53130000
I did vote for Trump because I'm in my 20s, dumbass. That's irrelevant to the discussion here, though.
>>
>>53130008
>there are people who won't get that this is a joke
>>
>>53130008
I don't even like Matt Mercier, but this is just pure autism.
>>
So is sage Advice or something coming out this week?
>>
>>53129935
I guess that makes sense if in the setting those are esoteric skills akin to alchemy/magic.
But when the gun is totally mundane in nature I don't see why that would be the case.
>>
File: Wayne.png (295KB, 470x495px) Image search: [Google]
Wayne.png
295KB, 470x495px
OK /tg/uys normally im pretty creative but I'm having a true "white page" moment.

I wanna play a Rogue (Thief) Healer. He's a medic from trade but became a burglar by necessity. It'd probably make sense if he had some war experience (as a scout maybe?) but it's not necessary.

What's his story? I'm really having a hard time figuring that shit out. Even picking a premade background is super tricky right now.
>>
File: IMG_4638.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4638.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>53130042
>>
>>53130004
>misfire chance
Why do people always feel the need to have this bullshit?
>>
>>53130027
Major characters in normie-popular anime dubs like JoJo's, Magi, Sailor Moon, Aldnoah Zero, and Attack on Titan.
Oodles of side characters in vidya like Street Fighter, Ace Combat, WoW and related properties, and some main characters like when he replaced Leon's old VA in newer Resident Evils, Chrom in Fire Emblem, and PC voice stand-ins for Pillars of Eternity and Destiny.
Among other shit.
>>
>>53130128
Cause compared to heavy crossbow and long bow it isn't a flat upgrade. It needs something to bring it back down.
>>
>>53130027
>because I'm in my 20s
Do you think this is an excuse or something
>>
File: 1459708073067.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459708073067.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>53130004
So a straight rip of the Pathfinder gunslinger with some of the bloat cut out? Not bad I guess. Except for the fact he is shoving guns into D&D where they do not belong.

>>53130042
It's not a joke, though. Matthew Mercer is contributing more to the downfall of the D&D community than anyone else in history. Not even Monte Cook, not even Lorraine Williams, not even Micheal Merals, not even Gary Gygax himself have done as much damage to D&D. Mercer has made the game palatable to the kind of person who spends his Friday nights playing Cards Against Humanity while slobbering microbrews all over his beard while his wife's son is sleeping in the next room. The kind of moron who thinks mirthful laughter is the end goal of everything, and fails to understand the potential that RPGs have as a fulfilling hobby. Instead, he shits on that creative potential by turning the entire game into a joke, refusing to take anything seriously and making gimmick characters, bringing along his fat girlfriend to make a shitty elf druid character that she hardly roleplays, screeching autistically whenever she rolls a natural 20 because that is the only aspect of the game that her tiny female brain can comprehend, taking copious pictures of the game and posting them to Snapchat and Instagram to show what a geek she is, before getting tired at 11 and tugging at her cuck boyfriend's shoulder so that they both leave and disrupt the immersion even further, because the game doesn't matter to these people at all. It is a mode of entertainment, nothing else. And by entertainment, I mean they consider it nothing more than a Netflix special that they can pause at any time, because it is meant entirely to pander to their enjoyment and make them laugh to cover up how empty their soulless lives are. This hobby used to be full of passionate people who cared about the game and weren't afraid to show it. Now the hobby is being diluted by hordes of casuals who couldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>53130152
Can't that be done in a way that's fun and doesn't suck?
>>
>>53130128
It kinda makes sense for early handguns + balance.
>>
>>53130163
It means I can vote, dumbfuck.
>>53130135
>JoJo's, Magi, Sailor Moon, Aldnoah Zero, and Attack on Titan.

Oh so he acted in a bunch of weeb garbage that only autistics watch. I recognize a lot of those games you mentioned but I don't play them because they are casual-tier shit. The fact that he did work for World of Warcrap just explains everything, to be honest.
>>
>>53130173
>Merals
Why do you always do this and reveal yourself?
>>
>>53130070
Kind of cheesy but just have him be a close friend of a medic while he served in the military during war, and that friend imparted enough medical knowledge to him to make him good enough at his job - not a skilled surgeon or anything but a paramedic at best. Gets home from the war that his side lost only to find that the war got to his home town and lost his old home and family and had to choose between stealing to get by or doing mercenary work with the skills he picked up.
>>
>>53130173
reflex, fortitude and will were shit and i'm glad they are gone :^)
>>
>>53130180
It's kind of funny to see someone pumping out damage until it blows up in their face and have to use an action to unfuck it
>>
File: 1493582937322.gif (2MB, 482x344px) Image search: [Google]
1493582937322.gif
2MB, 482x344px
>>53130173
You're right, it's not a joke. You are. Could you please take your whining somewhere else?
Your "HURR DURR I DON'T LIKE THIS DM" grudge against Mercer is polluting the thread much more than Critical Role is. Before your rant, how much CR talk was there? None, but your brought it in and made it a focus.
>>
>>53130084
I take it back. I thought it was too extreme to be serious but then I saw him out himself as the Meralsfag >>53130173
He actually believes this.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that among all the people here pretending to be autists for laughs, we have actual fucking autists.
>>
>>53130173
>it's not a copypaste
>he actually spend his time writing this for a low quality bait
This is how autism in the wild looks like.
>>
can we ignore the pretty obvious bait please

i mean come on this guy isnt even trying
>>
>>53130173
He's not a developer in wizards of the coast just so you know, he is just a GM putting stuff in his old game.

If anything yell at Wizards of the Coast cause the thunder cannon in the artificer class is lots of fun and is also a gun.
>>
>>53129970
>whereas in 3.5 players could just get a CLW wand and keep going as long as they wanted

Oh so just like I said, if the DM was ass and said well go fuck yourself then you don't get that wand. Now players have a reliable way to be more self sufficient instead of expecting the DM the give the x loot by y level.

>Yeah, unless they already have advantage from some shittarded class feature. And now Mearls added a literal weapon focus feat so apparently the lack of modifiers thing was just until he got bored of it. So now it is completely pointless.

Oh so you do have brain damage, I specifically stated a DM can do that on top of advantage at their discretion instead of having to have charts handy to see what they should get.

>The fuck are you on about? Also if you build your system around helping new players, your system will only satisfy new players, and they will get bored of it far more quickly.

The system is geared to be more new person friendly. However it also is geared towards being heavily modifiable to fit more experienced players and DMs.

Is it objectively the best system? No, but if you have such a huge problem with change go the fuck back and keep playing the system that is "better" in your eyes.
>>
>>53130180
I just made my guns equal to (cross)bows combat-wise, but they have narrative differences.

Guns are loud and produce light when fired.
Bows are quiet.
You can pull a gun out of its holster and blast someone quickly.
Getting your crossbow nocked or taking your longbow off your back forfeits the element of surprise.
You can fire your bow underwater.
Your gun is going to blow up (because it's a lightning-powered gauss gun in my setting, not a flintlock).
>>
>>53129902
I like that idea.
Fleshing it out.
>paladin can apply smite through the gun
No idea how to make fighter / ranger unique.
>>
File: validpoints.jpg (17KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
validpoints.jpg
17KB, 200x250px
>>53130202
>>
>>53130070
General practicioner/surgeon who lost their medical license and began working for a gang, patching them up whenever they got shanked/OD'd/whatever.
>>
>>53130279
Fighter: More guns
Ranger: Nature guns
>>
>>53130234
I'm pretty sure Meralsfag has never even tried denying that he's Virt when people called him out in the past.
>>
File: is that a kensai kuotoa.png (221KB, 900x1391px) Image search: [Google]
is that a kensai kuotoa.png
221KB, 900x1391px
>>53130214
Hmmm yes, pretty simple but that could work. I like the idea of him losing his home to the war after having lost the battle.

Thanks for the input! Food for thoughts.

It's also pretty hard to find art featuring male characters with crossbows. Especially since I'd like him to be a bit older than usual (30-40).
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 500x447px
>>53129015
Never really been a part of a bigger organisation as a group but our party last campaign were the "Friends of Thaddius" named after the narcissistic yet charming Paladin of the party. It was a running joke that we'd try to fit some variant of the name into NPC conversations every session.

>>53129088
If this is serious, that level 14 ability check is way too high, anywhere between DC 8-11 + Spell Level would be much more feasible.
>>
>>53129586
Well first I'm not banning it, I'm just saying to play it with other characters of similar power level.

It's really not too much in a party with say a druid, cleric, and bard.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 603x860px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 603x860px
>>53129143
Get a hag in on that shit
>>
>>53130306
I like it. Any idea why he'd lost his medical license? Maybe he couldn't save some VIP and Noble Father got pissed.

Also, what would his motives be?
>>
>>53129112
Are you talking about a Vacation for Loot or a Location?
>>
File: some old fuck with a crossbow.jpg (129KB, 564x1696px) Image search: [Google]
some old fuck with a crossbow.jpg
129KB, 564x1696px
>>53130321
https://www.google.com/search?q=crossbow+man&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUy-fl8ODTAhXB7IMKHXlzAPgQ_AUIBigB&biw=1440&bih=719

https://www.google.com/search?q=crossbow+man&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjUy-fl8ODTAhXB7IMKHXlzAPgQ_AUIBigB&biw=1440&bih=719#tbm=isch&q=crossbow+soldier

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=crossbow%20fighter&rs=typed&term_meta[]=crossbow%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=fighter%7Ctyped

yw
>>
I'm not even that guy but do you guys at least accept payment for working for the Mercer Internet Defense Force? Would be a shame if you chucklefucks did this for free.

If you're deluded enough into thinking that Mercer isn't killing this hobby then you probably are doing it for free; because that talentless hack got you into the hobby. I know it's easy to dismiss him as "just" some guy who DMs on Twitch, but do you have your heads in the sand far enough to not realize how much influence Twitch streamers have on anything they touch? There are a few high profile Tiwtch streamers who can put a game into the top sellers list on Steam just by streaming the game for an afternoon, their ability to get braindead troglodytes into a medium is unprecedented.

In the past year I've had to wade through an enormous amount of """""roleplayers""""" who very obviously only picked up D&D because le funny voice guy streamed it. The kind of people I never once encountered even 5 years ago, even the newest of players came into this hobby with an intention of TRYING. Now we don't even have that, because we're living in Mercerland where all that matters is throwing the dice and laughing like a little child at the WACKY FUNNY descriptions the DM gives on a NATURAL TWENTY ROFL!!
>>
>>53129015
I often have ideas of characters that are part of some organization, but I have troubles imagining how DM would implement it into a game properly.
It's a bummer if you see them as one thing and DM would add them as another.
>>
>>53129765
why is "the ability to pray" an acceptable concept for a class to so many people?
>>
File: he unironically believes this.jpg (827KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
he unironically believes this.jpg
827KB, 2404x1260px
>>53130398
It's okay, friend, one day you'll find a roastie to call your own.
>>
>>53130374
Son of a wealthy nobleman who pressured him into becoming a doctor. Rose to prominence but failed to save the life of a distinguished patient, patients family pulled some strings to forge evidence of malpractice, father disowned him, lost his inheritance, swears revenge on the rich/his father by joining a thieves gang, etc etc.
>>
File: 1488831969681.gif (4MB, 280x310px) Image search: [Google]
1488831969681.gif
4MB, 280x310px
>>53130398
>I'm not that guy but...
>Proceeds to do the same rant with the same style
Could you please stop? We're trying to have a thread here.
>>
>>53130432
god's not real
>>
File: IMG_4639.png (361KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4639.png
361KB, 512x512px
>>53130398
>>
>>53130398
>I'm not even that guy but do you guys at least accept payment for working for the Mercer Internet Defense Force?
Yes, he pays us 8$ per hour and if we do a good job he sends us a voice message telling how he appreciates our effort in destroying roleplaying culture in his sexy McCree voice.
>>
A player uses the spell Phantasmal Force to cause a disgusting illusory fog that follows around the head of an enemy that stinks just as bad as, if not worse than, the spell Stinking Cloud.

They've failed their Int saving throw. Do you allow the enemy to be inflicted with the Poisoned condition the player is trying to achieve?
>>
>>53130279
To be fair, the Archery fighting style covers all weapons. Maybe something that lets them ignore the loading property of guns? Then you can just give them proficiency in gunsmith's tools if they really want it.
>>
File: underdark.jpg (396KB, 4374x1216px) Image search: [Google]
underdark.jpg
396KB, 4374x1216px
>>53130383
I've seen a bunch of them already, heavy armors are a big no-no, and a lot of them have no face or interesting features. But thanks a lot! I've never seen your saved pic, quite good.
>>
>>53130484
Nope
>>
>>53130049
That's the whole point! A mundane item /person can have the power of mages and alchemists without any magic or mystical shit. The regular man can be more than just that with this mundane item.

That in it of itself is fantastical and mesmerizing to see how you can empower people to that.
>>
>>53130484
Nah, but I'd give them constant psychic damage.
>>
>>53130398
I don't even much care for Mercer and I don't like his homebrews but you're just being a turbo-sperg, my man.
>>
>>53129143
My curse of Strahd legion of doom

>Madam Eva
>Fiona Wachter
>Archdruid Sheehan Bell
>The avatar of Ch'anthul, an Aboleth at the bottom of Lake Zarovich
>Strahd
>Rahadin and the Brides
>Morgantha
>The alAbbot
>>
Fixing sorcerer is easy, just give him the wizard features that should really be metamagic options as metamagic options

But how do we fix monk so that there's more to monk than stunlocking?
>>
>>53130279
>>53130308
>>53130490

Maybe make the paladin like a holy blunderbuss kinda thing.

Fighter could be handpistol(s). Quick load.

Ranger could be some kind of longrifle? (unlimited range, spore delivery, silence?)
>>
>>53130496
>>53130504
Okay, how about this in the same vein.

Phantasmal Force a flaming illusory blindfold over their eyes. They fail their Int save
Are they now blinded?
>>
>>53130540
What's bad about monk? Lots of defense, fair damage, and built in flavor.

And I think sorcerer just needs more metamagic, let them pick three instead of two
>>
>>53130279
>lazer pistol for a warlock to cast his eldrich blast
>>
>paladin misses last session
>ends up with belt of hill giant's strength and nine lives stealer
Better be grateful. I know you were playing Overwatch and not out with the family like you claimed. You were in the fucking Discord.
>>
>>53130513
You forgot Baba Lysaga, Morgantha's Coven and the Guliathas Tree.
>>
>>53130584
Sorcerer doesn't need more metamagic, because most metamagic options are shit

Sorcerer needs BETTER metamagic

And monks do not do fair damage, they do pathetic damage
>>
>>53130598
A DM in a game I played in once gave me a special revolver-shaped wand for my warlock. It was pretty cool.
>>
>>53130398
>>53130173
So do you go to D&D sessions and just glare at everyone else while they have fun and socialize with one another?
>>
>>53130618
>nine lives stealer
>paladin
5E was a mistake
>>
>>53130618
Maybe he was borrowing his account to somebody? One of my friends does that all the time.
>>
>>53130619
The same way Eva works against Strahd yet is in his confidence, Lysaga works for him but is estranged.

The gulthias tree is an extension of Sheehan's faction the same way the coven is an extension of Morgantha's.

However, I did forget the werewolves.
>>
>>53130584
>fair damage
Monks are the weakest martials by an enormous margin DPR-wise, MAD as fuck, and their one saving grace is stunning and running back. Not to mention the d8 hit dice.
>>
>>53130576
By RAW, no. Phantasmal Force can be used creatively, but at most all it can do is cause psychic damage.

If you Phantasmal Force'd a bridge and tricked your victim into running over it, they'd probably fall to their deaths- If you made a blade trap appear to be a perfectly safe area and it killed them, etc, etc, then you can do damage that way. Maybe you could convince them to walk into a fire.

But no, Phantasmal force cannot Blind/Poison/Etc anyone. You're basically asking the same question.
>>
>>53130621
Why do you think they do pathetic damage? And what metamagic options are bad? They are all fine
>>
>>53130584
Monks are good at high levels defensively. The problem is they progress from the general weakness of a wizard without reaching the heights of power a wizard does.
>>
File: Mountaintop Observatory.jpg (761KB, 1900x2640px) Image search: [Google]
Mountaintop Observatory.jpg
761KB, 1900x2640px
>>53130443
Pretty good, love it. Gonna think more on it.
I don't like revenge being a character's motive - i can't play that too well. But that's already a lot of good ideas so...

Thanks a bunch /tg/ !
>>
>>53130680
So literally worse than the bard cantrip Vicious Mockery.

Sad times.
>>
Is dual wielder feat with a rapier and a dagger the only way to pull off a parrying dagger without homebrew? I feel like I might as well use two rapiers at that point, but that's goofy as fuck and I'll sacrifice power for fluff.
>>
>>53130780
Not really? Like the example given, you can trick people into harming themselves, or otherwise incapacitate them by making them believe they're on fire or something.
>>
>>53130667
How to fix monks:

Increase ki gain (1 extra per 2nd level)
Reword perfect body to "If you start initiative with less than 4 ki, gain ki until you have 4".

Allow way of the open hand to make 1 flurry of blow attack as a bonus action for no ki.

Allow 4 elements to use any spell that the gm allows (IE that they think can be reasonably flavoured) costing ki equal to the spell level. Give them a ki burst ability to regain 1d10 ki 1/long rest.

Upgrade shadow's opportunist attack to autocrit. Let them move silently when you pick the tradition.
>>
>>53130791
Oh the suffering of every rapier user who doesn't want to run with two rapiers like a buffoon.
>>
>>53130722
A monk using flurry of blows. That is to say, a monk spending a resource to do more damage, does less damage per round than any other pure martial when the other martial characters are NOT spending resources to do damage, and they have no feat support or magic item support to increase damage output, unlike the other martials

As for sorcerers, well, careful spell and subtle spell aren't worth wasting a known metamagic on due to how rarely they come up, heightened spell is overcosted, and distant spell is weirdly unpredictable in terms of usage. That's half of all metamagic options that aren't worth it. Meanwhile wizards get the lore master bullshit and overchannel. Also I can't help but feel like spell mastery should be a high-level sorcerer thing, instead of a high level wizard thing
>>
File: FourElements.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
FourElements.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
>>53130814
>>
>>53130814
So they have 21 ki at 20? Not a real buff but ok.

Perfect body one sure but nobody gets that high.

They already attack for free as a bonus action wth no ki.

Four elements needs a full rework.

Shadow monk doesnt need auto crits they can teleport 60 feet as a bonus action they have ultimate mobility
>>
I've begun running D&D in a gaming bar to help new people get into it. Running 90 minute one-shots with pre-gen'd characters so we can expand our player base and grow the hobby,

We literally just have fun and roll dice, immersing ourselves in some fantasy gaming. I work as a Paramedic and enjoy the chill spect of people who just want to hang out and enjyo themselves trying something new. They come back and ask question on the bar social facebook about characters and how to make one etc.

Literally all the things a few people in here are crying about, along with how Matt Mercer is ruining their imaginary worlds somehow by introducing a fun game to more people.

What the fuck /tg/? Do people really hate new players and the growth of the hobby that much? Like legit what's the reasoning behind being so twisted over how small groups of people half a world away spend their time in imaginary worlds being heroes. I don't numbercrunch heroes and build for maximum optimal damage or control but I don't condemn those that dig playing that way.

Seriously... Grow up.
>>
File: Martial Equipment.pdf (112KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Martial Equipment.pdf
112KB, 1x1px
>>53130791
>>53130836
I let my players dual wield with rapier+dagger without feats.
d8+d4 is honestly the same as d6+d6.

parrying daggers are just a homebrew item.
or you could just refluff a "parrying dagger" as a simple shield.
>>
>>53130906
Yeah, I thought about just using a shield since from what I understand actually attacking with a parrying dagger was a pretty rare opportunistic thing, but I'd want to have the option, and not getting as much AC as from a shield makes sense too. I guess this is one of those "ask your DM" situations.
>>
>>53130883
That looks good. I'd still give them a couple of additional disciplines. (maybe 3 instead of 2 each time). And maybe give them the Ki Burst ability I described.
>>
>>53130896
I literally don't understand this.
Your post, I mean.
I don't get why you came to this thread to whine nor why you think your job was relevant either.
>>
>>53130864
A level 3 flurry of blows does 18.5 average damage with 16 Dex.

A level 3 greatsword swing does average 10 with 16 Str
>>
File: IMG_8811.png (21KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8811.png
21KB, 800x750px
>>53130321
Desmond Fishman?
>>
>>53129251
I'm a forever DM purely because I constantly come up with new setting ideas I want to drop players in. I often keep some elements the same for simplicity - I usually use the same 5 creator gods and let the players fill in minor deities in the pantheon based on their characters - but factions, geography and tech level are all things I like to switch up.
>>
>>53130968
And you can only do it three times at that level, then the other martials get feats
>>
>>53130967

I'm not whining, I was just looking for some great content and it was bogged down in people just throwing shade at how others play or run the game for no reason. You're right my job wasn't relevant, admittedly I made a connection about high stress career vs low stress chilled RPGs with new people and I didn't need to.

It's just a shame to come here and see a D&D general full of people just hating on each other for no reason other than they like the same things but in different ways. My bad.
>>
>>53131037
Not to mention fighting styles
>>
>>53130968
How do you get it up to 18.5? 1d4+3 = 5.5 average. 3 attacks for 16.5?

You're forgetting great weapons fighting (which only adds a little bit, but still).

Level 3 is also very skewered to the monks advantage. If you're doing level 5 the numbers are more even. 11 and 20 would be to the fighter's advantage.
>>
>>53131037

Ki points are recovered with 30 minutes of meditation tho
>>
>>53131040
I've been here for months, and this is a pretty chill general.

Sure, you see threads complaining, but I haven't seen any bitching in fiveggs.

And even if you find it, try to say it then.
It looks like that pancakes picture.
>>
>>53131093
soz boo I was late to the party
>>
>>53131040
Welcome to 4chan and the internet in general, bantz are the currency of this site and it's always my opinion>your opinion. If that bothers you leave because it doesn't get better, this is the norm here and we keep it that way for a reason, learn to skim past it and pick out what else is happening.
>>
>>53131083
Every monk argument ever either grossly exaggerates their capabilities or assumes short rests don't exist. Don't let them steer you wrong either way.
>>
>>53131037
Sentinel lets you attack again with your reaction, and gives an effective way to chase people down.
>>
>>53131083
So? You won't get the chance to meditate for 30 minutes at any time where the group's not taking an actual short rest anyways, and as it's been mentioned, you still lag behind as the other martials get bonuses from other sources, to the point Flurry of Blows becomes much weaker than the basic attack of someone like a fighter once their build is set up and going
>>
>>53131128
Problem is it realise heavily on the group and the DM to allow those short rests.

Personally the only monk I've seen that was garbage is the PHB way of the four elements, and I let him change to open palm because of how bad it is.
>>
>>53131082
The first attack is made with a quarterstaff held in two hands
>>
>>53131082
Quarterstaff or Greatclub is d8.

Level 5 is average 22.5 damage for two d8+4 and a d6+4. 2d6+4 twice is 22 damage.

Sentinel at level 1 makes monk's damage 33.
>>
>>53130791
To be honest, ask your DM. If he isn't a complete mong, he should at least let you use it.
>>
>>53131204
You can't use a greatclub as a monk, monk weapons are "shortswords and any simple weapons without the two-handed or heavy properties"
>>
>>53131258
Alright quarterstaff then. Same damage. None of those properties
>>
File: clubholsters.png (320KB, 594x400px) Image search: [Google]
clubholsters.png
320KB, 594x400px
>>53131258
Say that to my yang la bang.
>>
>>53131304
Those aren't monks!
>>
>>53131321
They're Asian so of course they're monks!
>>
File: maceman.jpg (53KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
maceman.jpg
53KB, 600x480px
>>53131321
I'LL SHOW YOU A FUCKIN' MONK
>>
>>53131304
What are those meme weapons?
>>
File: 狼牙棒.jpg (175KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
狼牙棒.jpg
175KB, 640x427px
>>53131304
>look this up
what the fuck, china
>>
>>53131346
That's clearly a gnome bard with two musical instruments.
>>
File: policemace.jpg (67KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
policemace.jpg
67KB, 350x262px
>>53131366
Two-handed truncheons with little bumps, like the Japanese kanabo but not as thick and with more shit going on.
>>
>>53131367
jesus christ asia what's wrong with you
>>
File: someone save monks.pdf (611KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
someone save monks.pdf
611KB, 1x1px
>>53130540
i think monks should get ki in the same way spell point/psi points are gotten, but scaled to a half caster's progression, and then have every ability and cost scaled to that of equivalent spell effects/level. and drop the short rest ki altogether, for a total of 64 ki points per long rest at 20th level and a much cleaner progression overall.

And if you want to keep a short rest refresh, give them a warlock scaled progression, which gives you ki faster, but then slows downs to comparative levels at epic tier.

pic related for the numbers.
>>
>>53131394
>we took most of the spikes out our baseball bats so it's OK to use them on civilians now
>>
File: you.jpg (68KB, 928x891px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
68KB, 928x891px
>>53131410
>>
File: armymace.png (450KB, 603x428px) Image search: [Google]
armymace.png
450KB, 603x428px
>>53131400
Maybe if your continent were constantly under attack by demons and kaiju you'd have a little more respect for the shit the Asian cultures have to put up with.
>the most dangerous thing anyone in America has to worry about are some bears that only inhabit a tiny part of the country to begin with
>they insist they need 30 assault rifles per household member for protection
>>
>>53131394
What's the official name for it?
I'm intrigued but can't find more about it on google.
>>
>>53131465
>the most dangerous thing anyone in America has to worry about are some bears that only inhabit a tiny part of the country to begin with
>they insist they need 30 assault rifles per household member for protection
No anon, Man is the most dangerous animal.
>>
>>53131410
the long rest progression even scales almost perfectly to what the game assumes you are going to be having, given two short rests per long rest and all that crap, except that you get it regardless of your campaigning day. letting you blow everything in one shot like any other long rest resource intensive class would in times of need.

>>53131448
it's literally the same progression mystics get which in turn is literally the spellcasting progression of a halfcaster transformed to spell points.
the bumps are for the spell level increases, 1st level spells are worth 2 points but 2nd ones are worth 3 points, going from 2 to 3 (fullcaster) or from 4 to 5 (halfcaster) gives you 2 slots of a higher level, making the increments in steps.
>>
>>53129015

FUCKING SILVER KNIGHTS AND THEIR BULLSHIT GREATBOWS
>>
File: Die_Saege.jpg (288KB, 580x811px) Image search: [Google]
Die_Saege.jpg
288KB, 580x811px
>>53131465
I was about to say at least here in the west we developed quick, efficient even merciful ways of killing eachother but then I remembered this
>>
File: shiggy in chinese.jpg (65KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy in chinese.jpg
65KB, 600x400px
>>53131480
That particular style is applied to a lot of truncheons, flashlights, and batons all over the world and I think they just call it a "toothed _______".

The Chinese usually refer to it as a "wolf _______" which comes from the 狼牙棒 / yang la bang, or "wolf's tooth club".
>>
File: dc2.jpg (103KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dc2.jpg
103KB, 400x400px
>>53131518
There is no need to be upset
>>
>>53131542
A lot of people want to talk about the anal pear or some shit when discussing fucked up medieval torture methods, but the concept of hanging someone upside-down so their innards don't fall out as you saw them through and they live longer is the true pinnacle of man's inhumanity to man IMO
>>
>>53131553
Lang ya bang in mandarin. Wolf Tooth Stick
>>
>>53131553
Thanks, I just thought maybe that meme police club was some common weapon there and has it's own name.
>>
>>53131575
fear always was and still is, a very efficient way of ruling. when you have to make an example out of someone, for all the people to see, you can't afford any compassion, especially when someone more ruthless than you might sway away your support in times of need.
>>
File: lizzy.jpg (104KB, 400x695px) Image search: [Google]
lizzy.jpg
104KB, 400x695px
>>53129015
Guys, did you play Lizardmen from Volo's? I like their personality, but mechanically, my brain hurts when I see that permanent lack of synergy.

Natural Armor favor DEX, but collide with Monk's and Barbarian's unarmored defence,

WIS fits Cleric/Druid, but that awesome bite attack will be left unused.

Dex Ranger and Fighter collide with bite, and STR collide with Natural Armor. I fucking hate this.
>>
recently my level 6 oath of vengeance paladin who is and aasimar scourge that has great weapon fighting style and great weapon master attack, has been called too op because apparently i was able to 2 turn an adult red dragon because i crited the shit out of dragon and smited lvl 2 the fucker and master attack it that it took 100dmg all together. Now they call me a power gamer and say im to op what should i do???
>>
>>53131653
Have you tried not being autistic.
>>
>>53131653
who gives a shit ugh

you'll use half of these features and it's ok

my land druid lizardman is fun
>>
>>53131653
Yeah, this is why no one ever plays Mountain Dwarves.
>>
File: spooky swamp.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
spooky swamp.png
1MB, 1280x800px
Players might run into Baba Lysaga soon in CoS. How should I set the mood?
>>
I've looked through the UA but can't seem to find what I was looking for.

Does anyone have a quick list of UA archetypes that have a version of Unarmored Defense?
>>
>>53131653
just talk to your dm, if you have a strong flavorful class and background in mind, i'm sure he can let you move stuff around. maybe ask for the natural armor to scale with con and be a naked fighter fuck, or the bite to work with dex and be a naked ranger fuck.
>>
>>53131721
Tell them to invite their children to the session.

Eat one of the children.
>>
>>53131653
be a yuan-ti pureblood instead
>>
>>53131655
Blame your DM that adult dragon was gimped out the ass
>>
>>53131655
>paladin
>scourge aasimar
>gwm
>waah why do people think i'm doing too much damage
>>
>>53131751
>Be a faggot that guy instead

Ftfy you senpai
>>
>>53131769
>tfw I'm a Tabaxi Monk/ArcaneTrickster and the group thinks I run too fast
this is bullshit it totally wasnt my intention to do any of this how dare they
>>
>>53131783
Just use the yuan-ti crunch and lizardman fluff then
>>
File: 1219262204173.jpg (57KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1219262204173.jpg
57KB, 1024x768px
For as hit-or-miss as the UA subclasses are, Forge Domain cleric is basically a home run. I don't have a real point here, just that Forge Domain is great.
>>
>>53131796
The crunch is the problem
>>
>>53131783
There is literally nothing wrong with yuan-ti purebloods.
>>
>>53131816
Oh come on, it's not THAT strong
>>
Anyone tried the Adventures in Middle Earth rules?

Had a flick through the player's guide last time I was in a gaming store and it looked pretty neat.
>>
Under what circumstances is a trickery cleric ever viable
>>
>>53131739
>Unarmed Defense (10+DEX+CON)
Barbarian, any
>Unarmed Defense (10+DEX+WIS)
Monk, any
>Immortal Durability (10+DEX+CON)
Order of the Immortal, Mystic
>Stone's Durability (10+DEX+CON)
Stone Sorcery, Sorcerer
>Armor of Peace (16+DEX)
Oath of Redemption, Paladin
>Draconic Resilience (13+DEX)
Draconic Bloodline, Sorcerer
>Natural Armor (13+DEX)
Lizardfolk, any
>Bladesong (10+DEX+INT), temporary
Bladesinger, Wizard
>Mage Armor (13+DEX), temporary
Wizard, any; Warlock, with Armor of Shadows (?)
>Inertial Armor (14+DEX), temporary
Mystic, any (Mastery of Force)

I probably missed some and deliberately ignored +AC spells and features.
>>
>>53131865
May as well play The One Ring since Adventures in Middle-Earth is essentially TOR adapted to 5e
>>
>>53131884
DnD isn't a video game. Stop thinking of it as such.
>>
>>53131884
When you have a Rogue to make very sneaky, or one heavy armor person to get rid of their disadvantage
>>
>>53131884
When you want to play Loki
>>
>>53131919
Bladesinger's Bladesong is a bonus, not a new armor calc.
>>
Question. What is the appeal of fighter at low levels? You do less damage than everybody and you only get 2 attacks with no riders while everyone else has either 4 attacks (monks) rage(barbarians) sneak attacks (rogues) or smites (paladin)
>>
>>53132043
Action surge
>>
>>53132043
Action Surge and Second Wind
Second Wind is very powerful at early levels
>>
>>53132023
right, it does stack with mage armor, my mistake.
>>
>>53132043
Because you're playing a character and not worrying about optimization.
>>
>>53132043
Most play styles, and people are hopeful they can get to level 11. Maneuvers are great for team work.
>>
>>53132043
A fighter is the rock of a party
>>
>>53132068
But action surge just lets you do what the monk is already doing and only once a rest. Second Wind is only really good at levels 1-3 though from 4-9 its either not worth the Bonus Action or straigjt useless
>>
>>53131843
>>53131856
>Bonus to charisma and intelligence
>Immune to poison, resistance to magic
>Best race to run a a spell caster making them even stronger if you play halfway smart so magic is main damage you take.

The three groups I've played in all agreed fuck no when that race came out and no one has bitched.
>>
>>53132043
Near totally resource independent, Action Surge and Second Wind, access to every Fighting Style, Superiority Dies and combat maneuvers. Not to mention you get access to more ASI, which means you can have more feats which can be better than class features.
>>
>>53132086
So the anwser is nothing then?
>>
>>53132120
Action surge is a disengage, using an object, dodge, dash, spell, hold action, or another attack. It's very versatile.
>>
>>53132120
You didn't really quantify what you meant by "low levels."
I assumed you mean level 5 at most, but I thought you meant pre-archetype.
Obviously the appeal of Fighter is going to change based on the archetype they pick at level 3.
Battle Master's maneuvers aren't any better or worse at lower or higher levels. You just get more of them and a slightly better die.
Eldritch Knight gets spells.
Champion gets half of Jack of all Trades.

Also, Action Surge is a bonus action, not just a more attacks. There's a lot more you can do with a bonus action.
>>
>>53132151
Best thing to do with a yuan-ti is to be a paladin, not a full caster

I mean, one of your stat bonuses was going to be wasted anyway, but this way you get your charisma modifier as a bonus to all saves, which effectively makes you immune to magic, moreso if you take oath of the ancients for resistance to all magic damage
>>
>>53132157
The answer is you're playing to have fun and don't care if it's the best class. You'd have picked up on that if you weren't autistic.
>>
>>53132157
DnD isn't a video game. DnD isn't only combat, and you don't have predictable AI that you can exploit; nor do you have predictable mechanics.
>>
>>53132183
So it's even better that the groups I play in think it shouldn't be a thing, good to know.
>>
>>53132155
What feats are better than class freatures. Also again action surge is just letting you do what the monk is already doing, as for second wind its a bit meh, fighting styles outside of dualing and Archery are pretty shite for offense.

I will give you manuvers though, though with the issue of saves as time goes on they become harder to pull off

If it seems like im being pendetic I apologize, I am just having a hard time deserning exactly what makes a fighter a better option than the other martials.
>>
>>53132219
>fighting styles outside of dualing and Archery are pretty shite for offense
You do know there's more to combat than just hitting everything, right?
>>
>>53132151
They are a bit overpowered but I wouldn't play with someone who makes such a big deal out of it myself. They are not that strong to actually ban them.
No one touches my snek waifus.
>>
>>53132236
There is more to that but by the way D&D is designed thats your best option.
>>
>player wants to base his character off a character from a childrens animated movie

anyone else sick of dealing with austists in the hobby?
>>
>>53132240
Cool you are perfectly entitled to that, but you even said yourself they are overpowered which in the hand of any power gamer can ruin a game for everyone else such as >>53132183. If that's the games you play in and everyone is ok with that have fun, but it's not how our group likes to play.
>>
>>53132219
GWF is pretty dope, it means you have much more reliable damage.

Maneuvers are the reason you go fighter outside of story. You deal damage and can impose conditions. Level 6 gets you a feat or ASI which makes you even better at doing what you are doing or expanding your character.

It is versatile in body and spirit.
>>
>>53132257
+1 AC permanent isn't exactly bad
Protection is very situational, but if you're a part of a party full of melee fighters it can be pretty amazing
>>
>>53132206
Well, no, because you're overestimating how good it is for casters
>>
>>53132263
So what
>>
File: 1440802818363.gif (2MB, 356x202px) Image search: [Google]
1440802818363.gif
2MB, 356x202px
>tfw GM finally asked me about those exploding Bloater Zombies I made that I wanted to use a year ago

IT'S HABBENING BOIS.

MY NECRO IS FINALLY GETTING NEW TOYS.
>>
>>53132330
Check out tier 2 Grues from fifth edition foes. I made a level 1 spell where you have to sacrifice 2d8+3 HP (as if bitten by a Grue), then the player summons 1 Grue until the end of their next long rest.
>>
>>53132264
Well it's different to have an interesting yuan-ti character and to pick yuan-ti just for powergaming. Even then I think they are not that level of OP for this, you can minmax with any race if you want after all.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170508-130822.jpg (998KB, 1437x1432px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508-130822.jpg
998KB, 1437x1432px
Playing my first session of D&D this Saturday. Designed my first mini from Heroforge, and just finished painting him.

I'm probably the least artistic person I've ever met so I'm actually kind of proud of this despite seeing much better painted minis online.
Anyone have any painting advice for next time?
>>
>>53132219
At low level (1-4), the Monk is getting one attack with at most a d8, assuming he's using a quarterstaff in two hands, and using his bonus action for either one d4 attack or burning a large fraction of his short rest resources to do two d4 attacks instead.

Meanwhile the Figher is hitting with a d8+2 plus two AC from his shield, or with 2d6 rerolling 1s and 2s, or with a d10 at 100 feet with +2 to hit, and doing so every round indefinitely. If you seriously think the Monk outdoes the Fighter for consistent damage you've never played either.
>>
Why are there so few books for 5e?
>>
>>53132314
how lazy and obnoxious do you have to be to use fucking mewtwo as your character portrait for a dragonborn and also provide no backstory
>>
>>53132412
Change of demographics with the marketing showing that D&D is much less of a devouted hobby and more a fun side activity. So they are not willing to shell out alot for it. That and the staff is pretty small so they are only making things that turn an absolute profit (i.e adventure paths)
>>
>>53132412
Why we even need a million books?
>>
>>53132412
They are taking their time releasing stuff so people finish adventures as new ones come out.

Also books are expensive if you want to start from scratch all you really need is the PHB. If you add more PHBs or mandatory buys people will find it harder to get into the hobby.
>>
>>53132219
I would argue that Great Weapon Mastery, Sharpshooter, Polearm Mastery and even Resilience Dex or Wis is better than a lot of class feature. Especially Polearm Mastery combined with Tunnel Fighter and Sentinel/Tripping Attack
>>
>>53132414
Sounds more like someone brand new to the game and is 15
>>
>>53132370
That's true in stats, but the yuan ti hands you extras that make it even better.

>>53132298
Yet three groups agreed to not allow it, guess you just shouldn't play with us.
>>
>>53132367
I even made stats for them back when I first suggested wanting them.

The Bloater: Requires: 1 humanoid corpse + n small or medium corpses
Large Undead, Neutral Evil
____
Armor Class 6
Hit Points 37 (4d8+12)
____
STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 5 (-3)
CON: 18 (+4)
INT: 3 (-4)
WIS: 6 (-2)
CHA: 5 (-3)
____
Same STs and other stats as regular Zombies
____
Traits:
Rotten Eruption:
If damage reduces the Bloater to 0 hit points, or after 5 minutes have passed since its creation, it explodes into a volatile cloud of innards and gases. This explosion has a radius of 10ft, dealing 6d4 necrotic damage to all creatures in the area that fail a constitution saving throw and half as much on a successful save. The raduis and damage increase for every additional body used. Small corpses increase the radius by 5ft and the damage by 2d4 per corpse used, while medium corpses grant twice that amount.

Straining Undead:
Due to its unique form and properties, this undead requires greater focus to maintain and control than usual, counting as 2 regular undead servants in regards to your controllable limit.
____
Actions:
Regular slam;

Detonation:
At any time, as an action, the Bloater's master may order it to self-destruct. It immediately drops to 0 hit points and dies, causing Rotten Eruption to activate. Its master can not take any bonus actions on his next turn after detonating the Bloater manually.
>>
>>53132571
I guess that makes sense

I hope those three groups also remembered to ban half elf and variant human
>>
Classes other than Wizards can learn and use new spells so long as they have a spellbook, right?
The rules for learning new spells that you didn't earn from leveling doesn't seem to be a Wizard class feature, it's just tucked away into the Wizard section.

So it's not overpowered to let, say, an Eldrich Knight learn and use any spell so long as they maintain a Spellbook?
>>
I've been watching alot of Colville lately and he talks about high level NPCs and adventuers. I was thinking about incoprating some into my game but I don't know how to explain what the hell they're doing instead of assisting the party.
>>
Give me an idea for some antics my Wizard could do while alone in the city because I have to sit a session out.

He only has 7 Charisma and 8 Strength, so slutting around town or brawling from pub to pub is no real option. Do have 20 Int, Linguist and almost all common languages possible under my belt, however.
>>
>>53132639
>ban half elf and variant human
You have a very bad sense of overpowered
>>
>>53132685
No.
If every class could use spell books there would be no reason for wizard to exist.
>>
>>53129687
Different guy here but I have some ideas.

>Crimson Hunter
You could always just make it so it functions like Divine Sense with the same number of times per day and still has the stipulation about total cover. It's then functioning like Divine Sense except it has a different and broader range of targets but a shorter range.

>Vampiric Endurance
I'm not sure exactly what numbers would be fair here. Proficiency bonus -1 could probably be fine but I'm really not sure.

>Sanguine Scribe
Using it once per target seems like it's probably fine. There's still potentially weird abuse but if the character is going around repeatedly kidnapping wizards to drink their blood that's probably going to work out badly for them.

I think it's still a really flavorful ability so even if you were to remove it something where the sorcerer can gain knowledge through drinking blood is still a neat concept.
>>
>>53132639
Yeah variant human isn't allow, luckily there isn't an argument to be had because it's variant so a DM can disallow it.

No one has shown interest in half elves surprisingly so it's never come up.
>>
>>53132685
This would affect bards rangers warlocks sorcerers and the Archetypes. It probably wouldn't make anything overpowered it would just be stronger and more utility.

Druids and Clerics pretty much function as if they already have a spell book except they can pick any spell from their spell lists hey have a level for at a long rest.
>>
>>53131554

They're fun to complain about
>>
>>53132772
>Yeah variant human isn't allow
So, no one is a human because standard human is absolute trash?
>>
>>53132761
Proficiency bonus/2 is another, more extreme way to bring down the power of vampiric endurance but which is more reasonable will be up to testing.
>>
>>53132772
Variant Human gets stuck having to hold the torch, pretty reasonable to give them a feat in exchange for that
>>
File: 1482602822268.png (165KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
1482602822268.png
165KB, 303x311px
>>53130434
That fucking photo
>>>eightchan/tg/
>>
>>53132754
>>53132776
>If every class could use spell books there would be no reason for wizard to exist.
Spellcasters would still be limited by their class list. Eldritch Knights use the Wizard spell list for their spells. So it would make sense they could learn other Wizard spells.
It's make a lot more sense than the "You just suddenly learn new spells on a ding" that's in the current rules. Every single time I think 5e might be interesting I find out I'd be better off running a OSR game instead.
>>
>>53132772
>>53132805
Variant Human would probably be less overpowered if you limited their feat selection to something like only the Feats for Skills UA.
>>
>>53132787
>So no one is a human

Wrong but keep implying, eventually you'll convince me to go argue that yuan ti should be allowed.
>>
>>53131653
>WIS fits Cleric/Druid, but that awesome bite attack will be left unused

Well actually you can use the Bite attack in Wildshape, provided you wildshaped as something with teeth

Addition ally, it counts as an unarmed strike for Monks purposes
>>
>>53132819
Does the word "balance" exist in your vocabulary?
If every class is going to start using spell books they also need to start preparing spells.
>>
>>53132860
Not him but regular human is absolutely trash though. There is no reason to pick it over other races.
>>
>>53132860
I'm not the one arguing for Yuan Ti, fucking retard.
Standard human is complete garbage compared to every other race and variant human isn't even overpowered unless you have some min-maxing faggot in your group.
>>
>>53132685
It doesn't really make sense. Wizards prepare their spells from the spell book, like a cleric or druid do from their whole lists. EKs know their spells. If you gave them a spell book, they'd have known spells and prepared spells? Or would they just know the extra spells?
>>
>>53132880
If you don't want people to min-max, why the fuck are you playing D&D?
>>
>>53132021
That's what Bards are for
>>
>>53132907
What? What the fuck are you even saying?
You can easily play DnD without min-maxing and it even facilitates playing otherwise.
In fact, one of the strengths of DnD over other RPGs is its non-existent setting that allows for homebrew world building and roleplay.
>>
>>53132907
uh, for the roleplaying part of it?

You know, the roleplay part of this roleplaying game.

Does the idea of playing a suboptimal character for the flavor not make sense?
>>
>>53132263
Hey man, I just did Maui and it was amazing

>Protector Aasimar Druid
>Wild shape into shark
>Radiant Soul
>BE THE SHARKNADO
>>
>>53132866
Well, yeah.
Also again
>If every class is going to start using spell books
Not every class.
Only Wizardly classes ( defined by using the Wizard spell list for their spells )
>>
>>53132880
Yuan-ti are not that overpowered unless you are some min-maxing faggot either.
>>
>>53132414
Ok, that's pretty bad.
>>
>>53132880
Sounds like I touched a nerve, seems like you have intimate experience with being a minmaxing faggot. Also yeah it's the only reason to restrict races and such, i forge to need to spell every detail out to 5eg even though can imply everything else.

>>53132879
Other than you know just wanting to play a human and not caring about it being the best race.
>>
>>53132972
Except the two "wizardly" classes aren't actually wizards.
They don't spend the same amount of time studying as real wizards do which is why they're only proficient in two schools of magic.
It would be fucking retarded to allow them to learn any spell in the wizard spell list especially since it's completely unbalanced.
>>
>>53132997
"Its a roleplay experience" is not an excuse for shit design.
>>
>>53132972
>The Order of the Wu-Jen becomes the best caster archetype.
>>
>>53132959
No, I mean, why are you playing D&D and not a system that doesn't encourage minmaxing?

D&D has always been about building your character and party for optimal chance of survival/success
>>
>>53132985
No. It has multiple passive benefits that are mutually exclusive to building a powerful character.

>>53132997
>Sounds like I touched a nerve, seems like you have intimate experience with being a minmaxing faggot
Great argument

>Other than you know just wanting to play a human
Why would you want to play human when standard human has no mechanical flavour? Playing standard human in 5e doesn't actually feel like playing a human. It feels like playing a blank slate.
>>
>>53133037
Unless you aren't a human, that's how humans are supposed to feel.
>>
>>53132395
Thing your paints.

That aside, I think we have a general that would be more helpful for you than 5eg.
>>
>>53133025
DnD has been a lot of things through it's decades of life.
It isn't just one thing.
Also, this isn't the 70s anymore. People aren't exclusively raiding dungeons.
>>
>>53133054
Human's are suppose to feel inferior to every other race?
You're fucking retarded, dude.
>>
>>53133062
*thin
>>
>>53133054
Thing is you can have a blank slate without said slate being shit like the vanilla human is
>>
>>53133069
No, sometimes they're fighting to defend people, or fighting to subjugate them, or fighting for the sake of an individual not in the party

But they're always fighting, D&D is a game built around combat
>>
>>53133023
Never said it was good design, but no one seems to care it's not the best choice for x class.

>>53133037
Oh no it doesn't give a bunch of extra stuff, welp it's garbage and no reason to play it, other than just deciding to play a human.
>>
>>53133025
Nobody encourages you to minmax, you are playing with a GM, not a fucking computer.
>>53133037
>Why would you want to play human
>doesn't actually feel like playing a human
Can you explain me how does it feels being a human, fellow human?
>>
>>53133093
A blank slate, the not-special no benefit no advantage, you drooling retard.
>>53133104
That is a good point.
Would a choice ASI of +2 fix it?
>>
I like variant humans and always allow them

It encourages players to play humans.
>>
>>53133126
D&D is a system built around combat, with classes built out of abilities mostly focused on combat

It is only natural for people to look at such a system and try to figure out how it "ticks". RPG systems like D&D are puzzles to be solved, and the solution is a minmaxed character
>>
>>53130220
>reflex, fortitude and will were shit and i'm glad they are gone :^)

No, they were a perfect refinement of saves and a part of D&D's identity. Pop culture calls a dodge-based save a Reflex save. No one calls it a Dexterity saving throw. It'd be like if they changed Armor Class to Defense. Sacred cows is all that D&D has left.
>>
>>53130252
>Oh so just like I said, if the DM was ass and said well go fuck yourself then you don't get that wand.

You could buy them for 750 gp. The DM was literally beraking the rules by witholding them.
>>
>>53130220
This is the one and best method of rustling the meralfag. Well done.
>>
>>53133126
>Can you explain me how does it feels being a human, fellow human?
Human's in DnD have always been the "ambitious" race and the "well-rounded" race.
The problem with 5e is they removed negative traits of the other races, so humans have a bunch of small positive boosts doesn't feel unique anymore, it just feels gimped.

>>53133118
You've completely missed the point

>>53133117
Just because the game has a stronger combat focus than SOME other RPGs doesn't mean you need to min-max.
Combat is dictated by your DM. Your DM can tailor, and should, encounters to counter your min-maxed character.
This isn't a video game.
>>
>>53133218
Of course the DM should tailor encounters to challenge the players, the DM is just as involved as the players are

"Counter" is the wrong word to use though "Counter" tends to mean "Make useless", and that's the worst thing any DM can do to any character, regardless of how optimized the character is
>>
>>53133170
I think you better stick with some card games or video games instead if this is you attitude towards roleplaying games.
Why would anyone play with you if you are just playing it for minmaxing.
>>
>>53133003
But they can already learn any spell in the Wizard spell list. The only difference is they can't learn MORE spells.
I'm saying hey can only have a number of spells prepared equal to the EK spells known column.

And now that I'm reading it, I no longer want to let them be able to prepare new spells.
Just remove the retarded spell school restriction after 3rd level.
>>53133024
>implying I allow non-core nonsense at my table
>>
>>53133179
I call it a dexterity saving throw.
So does everyone in this thread.
And everyone I've ever seen playing 5e.

Friend I think you're wrong.
>>
>>53133269
>But they can already learn any spell in the Wizard spell list
No. They can't.
EK can only learn evocation and abjuration spells outside of 4 of their known spells learned at specific levels.
Arcane Trickster is the same but with enchantment and illusion.

It sounds like you just want to play a wizard in heavy armour or something without realizing how overpowered that is.
>>
>>53133260
Because once the game has started, you're not minmaxing anymore

Minmaxing is something you do during character creation, after that, you explore how a person with all those minmaxed traits might think, what sort of history they must have to leave them the way they are
>>
>>53133218
>"well-rounded" race.
Here is +1 to each ability score, which is not that bad honestly. Them being slightly underpowered is a small price to pay for roleplay.
>>
>>53133303
But anon getting a wizard to wear heavy armor isn't particularly difficult.
>>
>>53133319
Like I said, +1 to each stat would have worked if other races got negative modifiers to stats like in earlier editions.
It's not slightly underpowered. It's extremely underpowered because humans get literally nothing else. They don't even have dark vision like almost every single other race.
>>
>>53133350
I never said it was, but if turning EK into a wizard means you get a wizard in heavy armour for free without needing feats along with multiple other benefits.
>>
>>53133372
A wizard who can only cast up to level 4 spells

Not that impressive
>>
>>53133372
>I never said it was, but if turning EK into a wizard means you get a wizard in heavy armour for free without needing feats along with multiple other benefits.
fighter/2 wiz X, gg no re
>>
>>53133141
A floating +2 would be perfect and maybe an extra proficiency. This way they are at a "natural" disadvantage but they are at a "rounded" advantage.
>>
>>53132719
>Implying he won't just be in his room wanking to his spell book.
>>
>>53133393
A wizard who has a ton of HP, high AC, and Action Surge.
Not to mention Eldritch Strike

>>53133404
You're a retard.
>>
>>53133303
>You know three 1st-level wizard spells of your choice, two of which you must choose from the abjuration and evocation spells on the wizard spell list.
As soon as EK becomes available you have 1 spell which can be any spell on the Wizard spell list.
Yeah, they can learn any spell on the Wizard spell list. It's only 1, but that's not what I'm asking for more. I'm asking if being able to switch out that 1( or more, as you reach certain levels) spell in a manner similar to Wizards, once per long rest instead of only when you level, is broken or not.
>>
>>53133314
>Minmaxing is something you do during character creation
Or don't because it's not a video game and everything depends on your GM whose job is to balance the party and encounters. Hardcore minmaxing instead of making a fun roleplaying build doesn't make much sense in the context of a roleplaying game. It's not a "puzzle" to be "solved".
>>
>>53133426
He can't.

His dick fell off because of a zombie curse.
>>
>>53133440
>>53133303
Aaaaaand nevermind.
RAW they explicitly do not keep spellbooks.
Damn.
>These knights learn a comparatively small number of spells, committing them to memory instead of keeping them in a spellbook.
Curse my autism.
>>
>>53133449
Then why use D&D and not a less crunchy system if you're not interested in using the system to it's fullest?
>>
>>53133440
That's not what you were asking at all.
Also, that's still broken since it just means the school limitation goes out the window.
EK is balanced around their limited spell options why giving them strong martial options along side them.

>>53133475
No shit. That's what I was trying to tell you.
>>
>>53133483
DnD is a RPG system without a setting.
DnD is one of the few RPGs that you can use to create an entire homebrew setting and/or ruleset.
>>
>>53133361
Well I guess if you are using variant custom ability scores then +1 to each ability doesn't sound that bad.
>>
>>53133449
>>53133483
Also, a minmaxed character IS a "fun roleplaying build"

Because all the little oddities you've given him for the mechanical benefits now need to be explained fluff-wise, and that builds an interesting character, so long as you aren't lazy about it.
>>
>>53133457
How can he be a wizard if he's unable to felate himself?
>>
>>53133525
Min-maxed characters often don't make sense from a roleplaying perspective.
For what reason did you character have to suddenly start studying to be a rogue party why through your campaign?
Most people don't have an answer to that.
>>
>>53133500
...What?

What the fuck is wrong with you? GURPS, is an RPG system without a setting, FATE is an RPG system without a setting.

D&D uses D&D settings, you can't escape from the vancian magic or pseudo-medieval weapons and armor, they're built in and assumed at every level.

If D&D was a "system without a setting" it wouldn't have classes, because you can't have classes without making very heavy implications about the setting
>>
>>53133543
he didn't, he was always a sneaky little git, he just finally achieved that threshold to become a full fledged asshole.
>>
>>53133525
>so long as you aren't lazy about it.
That's usually the problem.
>>
>>53133483
It's your problem if "using the system to it's fullest" for you means minmaxing. Do you understand that the poing of "DnD" is not "build the strongest build" right?
>>53133525
Well I played minmaxed characters myself for the fun of it, but it doesn't mean you are required to do so.
>>
>>53133556
Nigga, where did I EVER say DnD was the only RPG without a setting.
>D&D uses D&D settings, you can't escape from the vancian magic or pseudo-medieval weapons and armor
Yes. You can. People do it all the time.
>If D&D was a "system without a setting" it wouldn't have classes
What? First off, you don't have to use any of the classes in the PHB.
Second, what the fuck do classes have to do with settings?
>>
>>53133361
It's never the best option but it's not the worst, Monks, STR Rangers and Paladins are all pretty decent with it.

Really I just stick 2 free proficiencies on them, ban V.Human and give everyone a feat at level 1.
>>
>>53133543
If you were planning to multiclass from the beginning (and you should, if you're planning on multiclassing at all), you should have been building from level 1 up why you did so
Maybhe you joined a thieves guild and start taking levels in rogue, or got curious about the power of the arcane and started taking levels in wizard, or your sorcerous power isn't enough for you anymore so you make a pact and start taking levels in warlock.

Like I said, this all depends on you not being lazy about it
>>
>>53133565
That doesn't make any sense and comes off as an excuse for you to have multi-classed two levels in rogue for expertise and uncanny action
>>
>>53133604
>Maybhe you joined a thieves guild and start taking levels in rogue
The problem is you would need to find time in the middle of the campaign to join the thieves guild and study roguish things.
What happens when you hit your rogue levels in the middle of a dungeon and are suddenly doing rogue things with no explanation?
>>
>>53133607
why doesn't it make any sense? How does it make less sense than a fighter hitting level three and now able to cast spells? Or a Wizard gaining access to 5th level spells? Or a druid that can suddenly shapeshift into a fucking bear when he couldn't do it yesterday?
>>
>>53133530
Being able to trick your own mind into thinking you're getting a BJ is a truly glorious ability.
>>
>>53133586
>Yes. You can. People do it all the time.
What alternative magic system are you using? Are you homebrewing all items?
> you don't have to use any of the classes in the PHB.
So do you run games entirely with the 2 UA classes and homebrew?
>>
>>53133586
>First off, you don't have to use any of the classes in the PHB.
at that point you are NOT playing d&d, no matter how hard you try to convince you of it.

you might be playing a d20 system, but that does not make a dnd.
>>
>>53133586
Classes carry implications. If there's wizards, there's Vancian magic. If there's warlocks, there's powers from beyond. If there's clerics, there's gods, and so on.

D&D doesn't have "A" setting, but it carries so much baggage with it that the amount of settings you can build using it is extremely small, so it might as well have just one setting.
>>
File: Everything is Fucked.png (188KB, 600x239px) Image search: [Google]
Everything is Fucked.png
188KB, 600x239px
>>53133656
>If there's clerics, there's gods,
Eh.
>>
>>53133642
Then you joined the thieves guild before you entered the dungeon, and had been practicing in your off time to not make a fool of yourself

The problem here isn't with minmaxing, it's with the entire concepts of levelling up and multiclassing. For example, if a wizard gets in so many fights that he levels up twice in one day, where did all the time needed to research those extra spells he now knows come from?
>>
>>53133649
>>53133656
>>53133655
You can have a setting without magic.
You can have a homebrew setting that's more than just a D20 system by utilizing gameplay mechanics of classes without uses those exact classes.
>>
>>53133690
I thought Dark Sun explicitly forbid people from playing Clerics
>>
>>53133543
>>53133604
When I played my minmaxed character in 3.5e I usually tried to sneak it all in in the description, like if you are a warrior with some classes here and there from some obscure book, just say in the description that you were studying some particular school of combat or someshit. I mean fluff is just fluff and it can work badly even for non-minmaxed characters. Like if your wizard suddenly becomes a Red Wizard of Thay after that fight with wolves in the forest. I think if you follow the fluff by the book you are going to have troubles regardless.
>>
>>53133718
iirc, you can be a cleric, but you worship powerful elementals
>>
>>53133702
It's far less difficult to explain that a spellcaster just wasn't using a spell until a specific period in time than it is to explain why and how the barbarian suddenly got much faster due to uncanny action.
>>
>>53133718
No, there's Clerics of elements I think. They're more like Priests of an aspect of the world rather then Priests of gods.
>>
>>53133704
If you're just taking mechanical bits and pieces or classes and ignoring magic and all items entirely, why don't you just use a different system? And I'd like to know where the fuck people do this "all the time"
>>
>>53133759
There's a reason why there's an entire UA revolving around future tech, Anon.
Where in DnD's "setting" do you see people using future tech?
>>
>>53133718
Only 4e, because dropping the divine classes was easier than adapting them.

You worship the elements themselves, and could end up as an elemental when you tune up too much with it.
>>
>>53133690
In Dark Sun canon, the gods either existed and were killed, or they just left. Athas is isolated but ultimately exists in the same cosmology as the rest of the settings.
>>
>>53133780
Forgotten Realms

There is canonically a crashed spaceship which, back in 2e, you could loot for futuristic items and weapons
>>
File: eberron logo background.png (412KB, 1295x369px) Image search: [Google]
eberron logo background.png
412KB, 1295x369px
>>53133690
See also.
>>
File: 1455486010068.jpg (73KB, 732x950px) Image search: [Google]
1455486010068.jpg
73KB, 732x950px
People of /5eg/, I ask for help in building a martial character for a game I'm entering. Literally everyone else is a caster in some way shape or form, so I need a build that'll allow me to stay somewhat useful on the battlefield, while not being completely outclassed in terms of damage and usefulness.

Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>53129143
A rust monster with 10 int and regeneration. It hungers for magical items.
>>
>>53133801
Forgotten Realms is a DnD setting. It isn't THE DnD setting because DnD doesn't have one.
It has a "multiverse" that you can completely ignore.
>>
>>53133802
Gods exist in Eberron, they're just way more subtle than they are in other settings
>>
>>53133780
You didn't answer my question of why in the fresh hell you would butcher D&D into unrecognizability to make it kinda sorta approximately work as a shitty generalist system, instead of using a different system
>>
>>53133780
the DMG has rules for interacting with future tech, there has been tons of modules with heavy sci-fi influences and mechanics. the whole existence of things like mind flayers, with their galactic empires from the future and horrible biomechanical grafting on their thralls.

it's all in the fucking books.
>>
>>53133826
Gods *might* exist in Eberron. Outside of a single member of the Dark Six and the Silver Flame (which is a cosmic force, not a deity), there's no proof any of them are real, or if they weren't just ancient dragons from the Age of Demons or what have you.
>>
>>53133823
You asked where in D&D's setting was future tech, I pointed out exactly where it was
>>
>>53133834
DnD already is a "generalist" system.
You would use it over another system because you can adapt already existent classes into your own homebrew classes for your setting.

>>53133835
>there has been tons of modules with heavy sci-fi influences
Then you should understand how DnD doesn't have a setting if you know about those modules.
Those modules can exist for a reason.

https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_ModernMagic.pdf
Look at Technomancer. Look at how it adapts "magic" into an engineer/programmer class.
That's the advantage of using DnD as a blank slate system.

>>53133869
That's not DnD's setting. That's Forgotten Realm's setting.
>>
>>53133844

Which one of the Dark Six?

Also, isn't the Silver Flame actually like, a Rakshasa?
>>
>>53133907
You sound like one of those idiots who think that the old d20 craze where everything used 3.5 rules regardless of how poorly they meshed was a good thing
>>
>>53133963
I'm not, but if that strawman helps you sleep at night
>>
>>53133907
If it needs EXTREMELY heavy homebrew to work for anything but its obvious, clearly stated intended purpose, it's not a generalist system. FATE is a generalist system, D&D isn't. There are systems not explicitly as generalist that can easily work as such if you want them to (like Mutants and Masterminds, which can do a ridiculous amount of shit because of the borderline freeform power creation system), but D&D needs to be torn apart completely and rebuilt from the ground up. It's like if I said a tree is a chair because you can make a chair out of it.
>>
What was this discussion even about?

DnD obviously allows you to take pieces that suit you and not, but EVIDENTLY there's a large CORE of rules that are linked to SPECIFIC SETTINGS.

Even more so for Forgotten Realms as EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CURRENT LORE is directly nestled into it.

You can just take everything apart and make your own races, classes, spells, EVERYTHING from scratch, but WHY THE FUCK would you?
The rules to support such endeavor are MINIMAL, and a bunch of other games support such gameplay A LOT BETTER.

If you are making classes, races and spells from scratch you are might as well making a NEW D20 SYSTEM altogether, that has to right in being considered DnD, even if it blatantly steals some of the mechanics.

If you want to PUBLISH under the DnD name, for 5th Edition, you cannot disregard the SRD so no, changing and retooling everything would not meet the minimum criteria to pass as a DnD supplement for 5e, no matter how free form you think the system is.

http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf
>>
>>53133981
Never said you were, just pointing out that your arguments are eerily similar, attempting to justify why using D&D where it does not belong just to avoid using a different system is ok

D&D is not a generalist system, it is not built for political intrigue, or playing the market game, it is built for dungeon crawling and combat, and it does those two things very well
>>
>>53133923
The Traveler is said to walk the earth, unlike every other member of the Six and the Sovereign

The Silver Flame is a cosmic force made up of the burning souls of its believers, that secretly has a dark corrupting power in it leading many of the higher-ups in the church astray (and might be the rakshasa rajas that the religion's founder martyred herself to seal away).

Anyway, my original point is that Eberron explicitly has cleric power coming from one's strength of faith instead of directly from gods, who are silent, or from other cosmic forces that are not gods (the rings of Siberys, the planes themselves, the power of the Dragon Below, etc.).
>>
>>53133783
Turning into a Water Elemental was quite possibly the balancing factor for Clerics of Water.

When you get all the bitches because they know they can't dehydrate near you it's awesome, when you suddenly become water yourself people are perfectly willing to say it's not cannibalism.
>>
>>53134008
It's started because my groups don't allow Yuan Ti, then someone started with the whole "if you don't allow variant human then no plays human" even though that's what happens at our tables, from there not sure just got back.
>>
>>53130398
Are you okay?
>>
>>53133990
Except it doesn't.
A Wizard can turn into a Technomancer with minimal effort while keeping familiarity with DnD's ruleset and class design.
I never said DnD was a generalist system. Those were your words.
All I said is that DnD is a system, not a setting, and that's true.
DnD's "setting" is basically generic high fantasy. Just because a certain edition chooses one of the "multiverse" settings for their core rulebook that does not make it DnD's setting.

>>53134031
>D&D is not a generalist system, it is not built for political intrigue, or playing the market game
Obviously not, and I never argued that. It's a system to create a setting in DnD's combat focused system.
You're not creating entirely new systems.
>>
>>53134031
Not that guy, but as long as you keep it fantasy and pseudo medieval, it could work.
>>
>>53134074
It was a decent discussion between different types of people who play roleplaying games, neither side being wrong or right because it was all a matter of opinion

Then some fuckwad came in and started insisting that what makes D&D great is how flexible and open it is
>>
>>53133807
Barbarian. Be the meat your party needs. Pick Half-Orc or Goliath, pick Totem, pick Bear at level 3 and enjoy headbutting your way through every attack the game can throw at you. Works particularly well with the Goliath racial 1/short rest damage ignore.
>>
>>53134081
YES YOU DID

>>53133907
>D&D is already a "generalist" system
>>
>>53134081
>I never said DnD was a generalist system. Those were your words.
>>DnD aleady is a "generalist" system.
From your last post
>A Wizard can turn into a Technomancer with minimal effort while keeping familiarity with DnD's ruleset and class design.
So you are getting away from the Vancian magic system by using the Vancian magic system and calling it something else?
>>
>>53134134
>>53134144
Did you miss the scare quotes or are you just stupid?
>>
File: ffc.png (234KB, 840x708px) Image search: [Google]
ffc.png
234KB, 840x708px
>>53134112
This guy gets it

Also only kinda sorta, I can see how it allows some flexibility but adding too much and it because clear what D&D is about and does well.

Although if we're talking previous editions it might because it has fuck tons of splats that give you charts for every little thing.
>>
>>53134146
Oh you're a troll?

Thank god, I thought you were actually as stupid as you looked

Good work, you had me fooled
>>
>>53133807
This guy >>53134119 has a decent point, don't forget to use GWM and reckless for maximum fuck you.
>>
>>53134172
Whatever helps win the argument in your head, my dude
>>
>>53134081
I actually kinda agree that D&D is a system which you can use to make your own setting, but obviously it mostly suited for specific fantasy kinds of settings. If you want to use it for a setting about vampires in the modern world it is probably not the best one, for example.
>>53134112
What makes D&D great is also a matter of opinion though.
>>
Are there any good naming guides out there?
For things like "The X Lowlands, The Y Marches, etc," I need some flavor for a map and I don't have many resources.
>>
>>53134157
You're an idiot

What makes D&D good is how focused it is on a single playstyle, it makes that one playstyle all the stronger by it's level of focus, the great weakness of D&D is that it's very inflexible compared to pretty much all other systems
>>
>>53134146
Articulate exactly what that changes. Tell me why you are right and I am wrong.

You haven't adressed my other point, either.
>>
>>53134203
>Misses the key words some and might

I get it your jimmies are rustled, calm down and stop sperging.
>>
>>53134192
>If you want to use it for a setting about vampires in the modern world it is probably not the best one, for example
I agree.
DnD's main strength is its flexibility. It's game systems are lacking compared to a lot of RPGs.
To take your example, I would never try to wrestle with DnD to make a modern vampire setting when I could just go play Vampire with a better system.
>>
>>53129523
Savage Species was possibly the most broken book in a very broken edition. It had a lot of issues, but the main issue at the core of most of it is the fact that PCs and NPCs are not built the same way in D&D, nor should they be. Monster abilities that make a fun encounter break the game in half when you let a PC have it. Also, if monsters want to survive more than a round of attention from an adventuring party, they need very high HP and possibly a way to get more than the usual amount of actions.

A weird species as a PC isn't a problem in itself, but it *must* be built like a PC rather than like a monster, rules-wise. This means either making it a race balanced with the other races (with no level adjustment, racial HD, or other such fudging) or making it a class balanced with the other classes, kind of like the 4e vampire.
>>
but dnd isn't nearly as flexible as other systems???

why is this thread so shit.
>>
>>53134260
>4e vampire
>class balanced with the other classes

Hehehe
>>
>>53134208
>Articulate exactly what that changes
The poster I was responding to started using generalist before I did.
I said "generalist" as a way of using their language to articulate my point.
At no point did I imply I was talking about a true generalist system.
>You haven't adressed my other point, either.
Why would I need to address what I already answered?

>>53134266
No one is saying this
>>
>>53134278
It was a good idea executed poorly.
>>
>>53134266
One determined person

It's all you need to kill a thread, one person determined enough
>>
>>53134290
Read again >>53134230
>>
>>53134316
What exactly am I suppose to be reading?
>>
>>53134266
Because anon some people just want to watch the world burn
>>
File: illithid savant.jpg (35KB, 502x633px) Image search: [Google]
illithid savant.jpg
35KB, 502x633px
>>53134260
yeah, i was more interested in seeing monsters being played as PCs while keeping their monster flavor but not their monster power level. I like the UA racial feats because they give you the option of getting some of your race's extra flavor and some power, with a hefty trade-off in other feats and/or ability score improvements. a dragonborn with the three racial feats would feel a lot more like a dragon, while not being as strong as paladin as it could be, and that is fine with me.

I'm evidently mind flayer anon getting feedback+inspiration. For all that I love broken shit, I wouldn't ever try to play something broken in a table with my friends because I don't particularly enjoy hogging the spotlight nor derailing the story. I just like flavorful stuff that is very good at doing few things and can be played with hefty weaknesses.
>>
>>53134331
That this is all elaborate bait and people shouldn't have been taken in by it so easily.

Notice the statement of DnD's strength being flexibility, then turning around and contradicting that and saying to just run another system instead of wrestling with it.
>>
>>53134290
Exact wording means shit if the meaning that can be inferred is the same. You started off saying that D&D could be played without Vancian magic, and I asked what magic system you were using in its place, because not using Vancian magic on D&D would imply you're homebrewing a whole magic system. My point by doing this was that if you divorce D&D from its mechanics enough, there is no point in building upon it anymore instead of using a different system. You then answered that some games did not use magic (and this must be a very small amount), and now you are just saying you can reskin classes. If I misread your argument, you had plenty of chances to point it out before now, and it feels like you are dodging questions and moving goalposts rather than making a coherent argument.
>Why would I need to address what I already answered?
You haven't.
>>
Is there anything to a weapon and buff focused Bladesinger other then use a bow and self Haste with Sharpshooter?
>>
>>53134439
>You started off saying that D&D could be played without Vancian magic
I'm not even going to read the rest of your point because this was never stated.
It pretty obvious at this point you're not even interested in what someone actually says just that you "win" the argument at this point.

>You haven't.
I posted a UA were Vancian magic was reworked to not be magic.
I wonder if I think you're getting away from magic by changing a magic system to not be magic.
>>
How does the claws cantrip from the recent UA stack up against Boom Blade/GFB?

Seems like it's not near as good.
>>
>>53134528
>I'm not even going to read the rest of your point because this was never stated.

>>D&D uses D&D settings, you can't escape from the vancian magic or pseudo-medieval weapons and armor
>>Yes. You can. People do it all the time.
I am intrigued by the mental acrobatics you must have needed to write that
>I posted a UA were Vancian magic was reworked to not be magic.
Which is not meaningful
>I wonder if I think you're getting away from magic by changing a magic system to not be magic.
And now you seemingly gave up on making any sense and are pretending we've made the opposite arguments we've actually made so you can be the one who "wins", as you say
>>
>>53134577
it is not, but it uses your spellcasting modifier, you are better comparing it to shocking grasp.
>>
>>53134528
Are you talking about the Technomancer?

Are you aware that technomancers are still using magic, they're just using magic and technology together? I mean, it's right there in the UA article
>>
>>53134443
Use a hand crossbow, you can't use a bow as a blade singer because you won't be able to bladesing with two handed weapon
>>
>players reneg on a deal with a king
>attacks king

There are dozens of guards in the room, with the army also in/outside of the keep

How should I run combat / session?
>>
>>53134594
Wow. You're fucking retarded.
>you can't escape from the vancian magic or pseudo-medieval weapons and armor
>or pseudo-medieval weapons and armor
Are you so retarded that you can't see you talked about more than a Vancian magic system in that sentence?
And you're accusing me of mental gymnastics.

>>53134600
Yes. I'm aware, but the "spells" added for Technomancer aren't magic.
>>
>>53130434
I literally can't bring myself to finish reading this thing it's so damn cringey.
>>
>>53134617
Have the guards run on a single initiative at initiative twenty more show up for their turn then either lump them in with the others next round or have separate.

Making attacks easier to roll/determine have one attack decide 2-3 guards, unless they use different modifiers for whatever reason.
>>
>>53134617
First couple of rounds: the tough, heavily-armored guards and maybe a court wizard or two who were already in the room
After that, the whole room is surrounded by archers covering all the exits with readied actions.
After that, all the court wizards arrive. All of them. If they haven't escaped by this point, they are truly fucked. Even if they have escaped, they will be scried on and pursued. They need to keep running or find an antimagic zone or nondetection spell to hide out in.
>>
>>53134634
So you completely dodged the point, but not before misconstruing the post just enough to think or pretend to think I was >>53133556. Bravo.
>>
>>53134692
Also unless they have a teleport handy or surrender they probably won't make it.
>>
>>53134692
What is initiative 20?
>>
>>53134634
I don't understand

The spells added? Those with the "technomagic" tag? They're still magic, the UA against says so explicitly.

I have no idea what you think is "not magic" in the UA titled "Modern Magic"
>>
>>53134725
Say someone has an initiative of 21 and then another player has an initiative of 18. There is a turn that goes on 20, normally lair actions and such, this would be used to bring guards into the fight because being in the middle of a castle that's what is going to happen based on the scenario.
>>
>>53134764
It's magic for flavour, but could easily not be magic.
There is nothing inherently magically about being able to mask yourself within a computer system.
>>
>>53134617
Also have a touching epilogue prepared to recount the successes of your murderhobos and be prepared for the bitch fest of telling them to roll new characters.
>>
Would you give the beastmaster magic items that effect their pet or just give the pet magic items? Assuming the 3 attunement limit is split between the ranger and pet
>>
File: images.jpg (20KB, 444x331px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20KB, 444x331px
Thread is dying but I'm hoping for some answers.

I want to give my party's devotion paladin a blessing from her deity Torm. Mainly this blessing will give her the power to use any of the paladin class actions (Lay On Hands, Channel Divinity, Divine Sense, later on Cleansing Touch) as bonus actions. Might add something else, like +Charisma mod to initiative once per short rest. I'm not too knowledgeable on Torm. Any other ideas?

Most importantly, blessings don't come willy-nilly, you have to earn them. But we're playing a very time-sensitive campaign (Rise of Tiamat) and it'd be hard to make a full adventure arc about this. So can I get suggestions on side-quests I could make worth enough for this kind of power?

So far my only idea is some kind of dungeon/sanctuary beneath one of Torm's temples with a series of trials to test the paladin and the party.
>>
>>53133170
If you're going to be this autistic, you should play Pathfinder, that game and you fit together like mrs palmar in a glove.
>>
>>53134793
When others have accused you of "mental gymnastics" this is what they're talking about

Let's break your full argument about the technomancer down shall we?

>>53133907
>Look how it adapts "magic" into an engineer/programmer class

>>53134528
>I posted a UA where Vancian magic was reworked to not be magic

>>53134634
>I'm aware, but the "spells" added for Technomancer aren't magic

>>53134793
>It's magic by flavour, but it could easily not be magic

You spent your whole argument talking about how Technomancer used magic rules without using magic, then backflipped the moment I pointed out that throughout the entire UA, they constantly refer to what the technomancer is doing as "magic" by saying "well it it is magic, but you could say it isn't"
>>
>>53134840
Could have her find a lost temple with a sacred relic in it on the way. All the part has to do is clear the temple and she cleanses it to retrieve the artifact and Torm gives her this gift to aid her in it's return.
>>
>>53134853
I like seeing howthe game "ticks", not how the game shudders forward at a snails pace needing three kickstarts and a lot of help from the DM to not shatter on contact with the players
>>
>>53134870
No. You're right. I was incorrect to bluntly say that Technomancer's magic wasn't magic.
That said, you can still remove the magic aspect of the majority of the spells and have them work in a sci-fi setting while using the Vancian magic system as a limiter.
>>
>>53134119
>>53134185
I'm game for this idea, and I was also thinking of a multiclassed Fighter/Bladesinging Wizard. Any good Fighter builds there?
>>
>>53134887
That's really you being severely autistic.
>>
>>53130884
I think he meant every 2nd level, not just at 2nd level, so they'd end with 30.

Anyway, monks should have rogue ASI progression.
>>
>>53135005
There's little point in being both. Taking two levels of fighter for Action Surge probably isn't worth being a whole spell level behind. Either be an eldritch knight and get the full number of attacks per round, or be a bladesinger and get the full caster progression. Each dabbles a little in the other's role already without sacrificing the main source of their combat effectiveness.
>>
Is it bad that I've made a backup character in case mine dies and I kinda like him more then my current one?

Current one's a Human Wizard and backup's a Firbolg Druid.
>>
>>53135462
>Druid
I hope it isn't land
>>
>>53135462
Anon I have 23 backup characters, about 14 of which being 100% fleshed out with backstories and concept art, many of which are more interesting than my current PC. Some people just like creating characters.
>>
new bread?
>>
>>53135505
Of course it is. One of the most underrated archetypes out there. They don't have some of the best Wizard spells like Forcecage, Fireball and Haste but instead I get Heat Metal, Spike Growth and shit like that. Plus nature themed class abilities are my jam.

My first 2e character was a Druid and I like them.

>>53135521
Well shit, now I don't feel as bad. I do enjoy making characters but normally don't actually finish it.

I was thinking I might make a character of every class just to kill some spare time this week though.
>>
>>53135541
Make ok you lazy cunt
>>
>>53135574
I'm not him but I have a feeling you missed a word or two there.
>>
>>53135570
That's what I did at first then I expanded it to one PHB only no multiclass character and one UA and multiclass super speshul snowflake character of each class.

Oh and including Artificer and Mystic I suppose its 26 characters.
>>
>>53135594
Supposed to be make one, it's what happens when you shitpost too fast on a phone.
>>
>>53135570
>underrated
It isn't underrated. It's bad and you just happen to like it
>>
>>53135711
Compared to Moon Druid one of the most powerful classes in the game at many points, it's not great. Compared to many other classes it's really good.

It's a good option that's overshadowed by a near-broken option placed right next to it.
>>
>>53135945
New thread tally ho
Thread posts: 470
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.