[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Magic The Gathering Ask A Judge - 「 B L U E M O N D A Y 」

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 57.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
Let's try that again! Sorry for ghosting on the thread yesterday, but either 4chan itself or my 4chan X were acting up and only selectively letting me post. If you remember your questions from yesterday, let me have em!
>>
>>53126555
Well, if you feel like answering the unanswered.
boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/53058772
>>
Can i equip Horobi with equipments that grant shroud or indestructibility without him instantly dying?
>>
>>53126628
Son of a fucking bitch, it's doing it again. It's just saying "Connection error while posting" every time I try to post the answers.
>>
>>53126659
Nope. Activating the Equip ability targets Horobi, which will trigger Horobi. Trigger resolves before Equip does, Horobi dies. You'd need to attach the equipment without targeting Horobi. That's fairly simple with Auras (just cheat them straight onto the field), less so with Equipment.
>>
It seems to let short posts through. Testing something.

>>53126748
>Humility and Opal
If two or more things enter simultaneously and work in the same layer, timestamp order is decided by the Active Player. Humility will be a 1/1 or a 4/4, and it's up to the AP to decide which.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (761KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
761KB, 1920x1040px
Just had this crop up in a MTGO game and I can't work out if this is a fuckup on MTGO's part or some weird rule interactions.

My opponent has a phenax out, giving his creatures the tap to mill portion. He has enough creatures out to trigger its devotion mechanic, so its now a creature enchantment. I cast imprisoned on the moon on it turning it into a legendary land with no abilities other than tap for <>.

So why do all his things keep the tap to mill X part when phenax himself lost the ability?
>>
>>53126823
Nitpick, Devotion is not a trigger.

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch, since either Timestamp order OR a dependency in that layer would result in Phenax not having that ability. I'll double check.
>>
>>53126877

Yeah I know its not a trigger I couldn't think of how to work it sorry. Thanks for checking dude, you're the best.

It boggles my mind to think that wizards is desperately trying to push 1v1 commander games on MTGO, interactions like this are as common as muck in commander but half the time they don't even work.
>>
>>53126920
Yeah, from what I understand the rules engine is somewhat wonky to code. The main issue seems to be that they just don't have enough people on it, and they're constantly just putting out fires as they pop up instead of fixing underlying issues. It seems understaffed and underfunded.

Also, these 4chanX glitches are really upsetting me.
>>
Newb question:
At which time is priority passed in the battle step and when am I able to interact? E.g. I have a creature with flash in my hand. It's my opponents turn and he goes into his battle step and declares his attacking creatures. I flash in my creature. Can he bolt it before I declare my block?
>>
>>53127536
Yes. Whenever something happens, both players have to pass priority back-to-back to go to the next phase or step. There is no way for you to flash in a blocker and not give your opponent a window to bolt it. (This is mostly because declaring blockers is the first thing that happens in the declare blockers step as a turn-based action that can't be responded to.

>>53126748
gA, if you're phoneposting these answers I think I know a workaround.
>>
>>53127536
Combat Phase, not Battle Step. And several times.

First, we move to the Beginning of Combat Step to start the phase, and you get a chance to cast spells and activate abilities here, IN combat, but before attackers (this is where you'd tap an opponent's creature before attacks, but too late for them to cast a creature with Haste).

After that, Active Player will declare all their attacks, and then there's a round of priority in that Declare Attackers Step, after attacks are declared but before blocks.

Then we move to Declare Blockers Step, where the Non-Active Player declares their blocks. Then, another round of priority passes before we move on.

Then, Combat Damage Step, where all combat damage is assigned and dealt simultaneously, followed by a round of priority.

Finally, the End of Combat Step, which is the last part of the Combat Phase before moving to the next Main Phase.

So to answer your direct question, yes. After you've flashed in your creature, your opponent has priority to kill it before it can block.
>>
>>53127733
No, I was posting from my computer, but it seemed like any post longer than 400 or so characters made the plugin freak out and just keep saying "connection error" over and over. I reset the settings to default and it seems to have let a long-ish post through, so there we go.
>>
>>53127536
In general, priority is passed whenever the player who has it gives it up. If all players pass in succession, then the top object of the stack resolves. If the stack is empty you move to the next phase or step (minor nitpick, it's not "battle step". The five steps of the combat phase are Beginning of Combat, Declare Attackers, Declare Blockers, Combat Damage, and End of Combat.)

Do note that you can't infinitely hold priority to keep anyone else from doing anything, and you can't ask someone to give up priority just so you can kick the game into the next phase.
>>
>>53127792
That is weird. I remember I had an old phone that always had connection errors if I used quick reply, but worked normally if I used the reply function at the top of the page.

But seems you got it figured out.
>>
>>53127792
Did they finally fix the toolcraft exemplar loophole?
>>
>>53128141
Aaaaand it's fucking eating my posts again.
>>
>>53128231
Okay, it seems to be something with 4chan itself or my browser, because I'm still getting errors with 4chan X removed. Super.

>>53128141
Short answer: yes.
>>
>>53128255
Im guessing the browser.
>>
>>53129076
Probably, since nobody else seems to be having the issue. I'll try switching if it persists.
>>
Can you have Sensei's Divining Tops, or illegal cards for the format in question in general, in your deckbox for the same reason you can have Super Secret Tech? As in can't be interpreted to be belonging to your 75.
>>
>>53130732
Yep! Extra cards kept in your box are considered part of your sideboard... unless they're not legal for the format.

Ideally you should keep only your deck, DFCs, and tokens in the box, but if you have nowhere else to put a format-illegal card you just bought/traded for, that's fine. Just sleeve it differently from your other cards to be sure you don't accidentally shuffle it in.
>>
>>53130763
Can I use torrential gearhulk to cast the memory half of commit//memory, or does it have to be commit?
>>
>>53135161
You can. In your graveyard, Commit to Memory is an Instant Sorcery card, which makes it a legal target. Once you begin casting it, as with all Split casts, you decide which half to cast. Gearhulk doesn't care if you end up casting a Sorcery half.
>>
>>53136617
Alright. I was wondering if the recent rules change about split cards would affect it. Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
when i regenerate a creature, does it still deal damage to the creature that killed it?
>>
>>53136730
Unless First or Double Strike were involved, yes. Your creature will deal and be dealt damage simultaneously. Then SBAs try to kill it (and possibly the other creature), but the Regen saves yours.
>>
>>53126555

Bringing an Eldrazi titan in with Call to the Kindred does not trigger the eldrazi casting effects does it?
>>
>>53137094
It does not, because you didn't cast it. You just put it onto the battlefield.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.