[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ I'm about to play as a cleric/crusader type character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Hey /tg/

I'm about to play as a cleric/crusader type character with a penchant for fanaticism. How do I put the wrath of god behind my personality?

Something like Judge Dredd if he read the bible too much.

Is there videos of particular preachers, or excepts I can read to get into the mindset?

Note: I cant go full warhammer 40k, due to the background permitting multiple deities, though 40k related stuff is welcome.

Note 2: The other players and the GM should be fine with such a boisterous personality, so I'm sure I wont come off as annoying.
>>
>>53123419
Alexander. Anderson.
>>
>>53123419
>Something like Judge Dredd if he read the bible too much.
But not the "love your enemies" part?
>>
Only be wrathful when warranted. Constant SMITE AND PURGE, PURGE AND SMITE gets old real fast, but someone who flips on a dime from benevolent and compassionate to full of murderous zeal can be terrifying because you just don't know what to expect. Imagine having a conversation with a known Deus Vult murderhobo, everything's going fine, you're charming him with your guile and moxie, but every second of the conversation you're sweating bullets hoping he doesn't know about the wild ritualistic pagan orgy going on in your backroom, and you can't tell if he's onto you because of the helm, and oh God he's drawing a sw- okay no he was going for his coin pouch and-

Boom, decapitated before he could breathe a sigh of relief. Sic semper infidelus
>>
>>53123499
SPECIFICALLY not that part
>>
>>53123419
Learn public speaking technique. And I mean basic shit like enunciation and diaphragmatic speaking.
>>
>>53123542
Yeah I was under the impression that smite and purge was gonna become old, so ill proceed with moderation of course.

Now question, how would one that is intelligently wrathful go about being in a city with a temple to an opposing god?

Disrespect with no actions seems too... timid.

How would one treat friendly but sinful folk? Drunks who invite you out to drink? Or people who are overly violent and cruel but do it in the name of your god?
>>
>>53123568
Recommended sources? Or should the first thing I find on youtube suffice?
>>
>>53123638
Convert them to your cause by deed. Then use them as the basis for destroying or reforming that city into a proper city of [insert god here]
>>
File: 1451289574879.jpg (967KB, 850x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1451289574879.jpg
967KB, 850x1322px
>>53123419
The best way to plat clerics and paladins as actual people is to play them in a setting where faith is a matter of actual FAITH.

Confirming the existence of gods and their agendas as real completely shatters any of the interesting psychology behind playing a religious character.

Gods in settings should be these distant mysterious things. Something you can feel in your gut, something people have only ever communed with through dreams and visions and revelations, and so by studying the works of those who have reached these epiphanies you further your own understanding of this force and thus are able to sync with it better and draw power from it more efficiently.

TL:DR gods need to be more like The Force from Star Wars and less like cartoon-villain DnD gods that treat the mortal plane like a videogame. More a force of Creation, rather than something separate from it.
>>
File: EEEEEEy christ.jpg (21KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
EEEEEEy christ.jpg
21KB, 300x230px
>>53123419
Ya might be wanting to look at some of this.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15699_the-9-most-badass-bible-verses.html

That doesn't even fully cover it. God MASSIVELY trolled other nations when they fucked with his people. The ten plagues of Egypt was God making an absolute mockery of their entire religion. The part at 1 Kings 18 where Elijah sasses them and asks them to "cry louder as their god may be upon the privy" literally saying "hah! your god's not listening to you praying to him because he's having to take a dump!" They busted their ASSES trying to pray to their god, and failed. But not only did Elijah win at the bet, he also went so far as to pour water on his offering to God until the wood was soaking wet. Ever try to light wood that's been sitting in a damn river? It's impossible

My favorite part however is when the Philistines stole the ark of the covenant. Long story short, they had to ride all the way back to Israel with the ark, begging them to take it off of them because God had afflicted the ENTIRE nation with piles. As way of apology, and to beg the israelites to take it off of them, they had to bring back a giant golden statue of it.

Oh and FYI - Piles is the biblical way of saying hemorrhoids.
>>
>>53123553
So Old Testament Judge Dredd.

>>53124126
Old Testament God was metal as fuck.
Worst insult that any human could be subjected to was being turned to salt.
God does this to cities by the boatload.
>>
>>53123646
I learned from my father, so no clue. Generally, voice techniques are best practiced with an instructor.
>>
>>53123638
The sinners with good manners are simply sinners who either intend to deceive you, or deceive themselves. Those who repent may simply be weak and unworthy of the light of the gods, but they are not wicked. Let the clergy deal with them and help them find peace with the eternity of suffering awaiting them if they do not rectify their inequity. The deceivers, however, should be given the full wrath of the Lord if they do not repent when you judge them and find them wanting.
>>
File: 1488854614352.jpg (102KB, 818x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488854614352.jpg
102KB, 818x768px
>>53124126

This anon gets it, but for additional inspiration, take a look at pic related.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.