[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Tell me about your character! What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 43

File: 1492463968646.jpg (146KB, 1000x939px) Image search: [Google]
1492463968646.jpg
146KB, 1000x939px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell me about your character! What are they like? What's their motivation?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj
>>
File: Capture.png (425KB, 381x357px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
425KB, 381x357px
What the fuck is going on?

Why are threads getting deleted like adware?
>>
Whoah that's weird. I just noticed that too. Wtf.
>>
Is this thread safe?
>>
>>53120459
Merchant prince kitsune (Aristocrat 1) who travels with a pack of an adventurers. He inherited his business through lineage, and some powerful people don't like that, so they attempted to off him. It failed, fate intervening that day, and in order to preserve his life, he's 'gone on vacation' with a bunch of adventurers to protect him in case of any other assassination attempts. With him removed from the equation, those that made a play for his life seized control of his business empire, leaving him with nothing but the adventurers he's traveling with.

I've never gotten to play this.
>>
>>53120511
No thread is safe. We need to remain on topic.

What are people's thoughts on the Warpriest?
Is it a well-designed class?
Is it distinct enough from the Inquisitor to deserve to be its own class?
>>
File: 1493145045054.jpg (2MB, 1222x1984px) Image search: [Google]
1493145045054.jpg
2MB, 1222x1984px
I'm trying to get my pal into tabletop games but he's offput by the amount of complicated rules and number crunching some characters builds have to endure.

What's the simplest to play (but still effective) character build you can think of so I can start him out with something easy?
>>
>>53120566
Unironically 5e. It's designed to be babby's first ttrpg
>>
So I was going to respond to this

>Killing Hill Giants easily is what makes you T4

>To go beyond you have to be able to do that AND other stuff

This is the hardest thing for me to understand when it comes to the tier system.

I generally play nothing but martials. My first focus is piling out damage, but that's never all I do. Often times unless a sorc is in the party I'm the face or resident skill monkey. As a rogue I'm usually a walking encyclopedia and skill monkey.

I do other things outside of combat, and sometimes with intimidate builds I can do minor debuffing or controlling with shaken, sickened and frighted with easy DCs to beat. Does that at least make me T3 even if I'm playing what is agreed to be a T4 class?

Nothing I do can't be taken up by a caster, but especially in low levels they often won't or can't take up the skill role in particular. Furthermore, does the tier list even exists in a campaign that only goes to lv. 7-10?
>>
>>53120577
I wish I could, but I don't know the first thing about 5e and all of our friends just play Pathfinder.
>>
>>53120459
My STR Inquisitor is trying to spread his god's influence, but his party's shenanigans make for a mighty obstacle.
>>
>>53120566
Fighter.

If you play low optimization, fighter is good. Fighter is great. There's nothing you need to know besides how to hit mans.

If he's a bit smarter, 1st level paladin is basically a fighter with some fancy stuff. He can hit stuff there too.
>>
>>53120599
Slayer if he doesn't mind how Studied Target works. If he does, then heavy armor greatsword fighterman
>>
>>53120591
Tiers are a mechanical comparios on class capability, but it means absolutely nothing in comparison to the group you play with and the rules you do and do not use, as well as the kind of games you run and play.

/tg/ is very fond of shouting about how wizards are overpowered and can do absolutely everythingl, but that isn't really how it works out in play any more than the claims that they never overpower and outshine the other character classes does. Both are subjective - and more importantly - based on personal experience and heresay. The "math" says one thing, but actual play means a whole lot more since actual play doesn't take place in a hard vacuum.
>>
>>53120459
Terrifying picture
>>
Once again, just gonna drop this in here before I hit the sack.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76813/trouser-serpents-skull

A raunchy game about exploring Sargava and acquiring booty
>>
>>53120591
Tier lists are about the ability to bend plot. If you can't do anythig well, including killing shit, you can't bend the plot at all. If you're good at murder but not much else, you can significantly affect the plot by ruining encounters way above normal CR. If you're a full caster like a Druid or Wizard, you can simply ignore a lot of the plot with correct preparation and solve just about any problem coming your way, thus Tier 1, there's basically nothing in the plot that he can't solve.
Tier lists though aren't really hard-and-fast, they're more theoretical maximums than anything else and it matters more on your group and campaign.
>>
File: Skwis_christmas.png (64KB, 150x199px) Image search: [Google]
Skwis_christmas.png
64KB, 150x199px
Daily reminder that tiers are a completely useless way to rate the power of a class. Because there is no objective way that one could test for what a tier actually tests for. In comparison you could run a SGT and be able to map up what your class can do in a very concrete way.
>>
>>53120560
I really like the warpriest in a crunch sense but most blessings are too weak
>>
>>53120591
One of the things /tg/ doesn't seem to get about wizards is how piss poor wizards are on the defense if they don't have EFS.

Their saves are abysmal, their AC is abysmal, their HP is abysmal. Wizards require spells to try and shore it up, but lack many spells to help their saving throws.

A wizard crumbles the moment you throw a save or suck at him.
>>
>>53120566
Barbarian/monk. Barbarians are super easy to play and destroy with. Especially if you go the superstitious-spellsunder invulnerable rager path. You can easily learn all about the game through just that one class. Monks while they don't hit as hard, have a lot more tricks and abilities, you can learn a lot more from all their possibilities.

Or if he is cool, just skip and play as a wizard.
>>
>>53120708
actually suggests that a class could actually do. Fuck my brain.
>>
>>53120708
Tier=/=power.

Tier=capability of changing the rules of the game to suit your purposes.
>>
>>53120560
If Cleric was a 1/2 BAB class like it should have been, Warpriest would rest comy in its niche.
>>
What non lewd games are currently recruiting? I'm willing to apply the games as long as ERP isn't a requirement.
>>
>>53120729
Someone gets it
>>
>>53120734
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen
>>
>>53120566
Investigator will make him feel useful at just about everything he feels like trying.
>>
>>53120729
Is there a list of common roleplaying or out of combat scenarios that you could use to actually, concretely test? Because I could claim that my barbarian is an excellent digger because he is capable of power attacking walls and doing damage to them by sundering it. This doesn't necessarily make it all that useful of a metric to determine how good they are at doing exactly that though.

It doesn't even tell you that.

Tier 1 and 3 are all about versatility at different levels of power. Yet 2 is somehow less versatile than the both of them. How the hell does that make any sense? Or are you telling me that the average sorcerer is more versatile than the average bard?
>>
>>53120816
The original tier list actual describes several scenarios and how the tiers can approach them.
>There is a Dragon in a dungeon full of traps and minions
>You've been hired to root out and find a hidden cartel/cell of rogues and criminals
>The Orc army is invading and you need to get the kingdom ready for war and assist in the final battle.
>>
>>53120816
A bard can't literally reshape reality with a wish spell, anon. A wizard has more ways to break reality, but a sorcerer can still break reality over his knee with no effort. A bard has to put some effort into achieving his goals.
>>
>>53120816
>Tier 1 and 3 are all about versatility at different levels of power. Yet 2 is somehow less versatile than the both of them. How the hell does that make any sense?

Tier 3 classes are marked by having a plethora of low-to-medium impact grade mechanics that allow them to contribute in a wide variety of situations. Tier 2 classes have overall less options than a Tier 3, but their options exert much more control over their situations.
>>
>>53120767
What?
>>
>>53120863
>http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5293.0
I actually fucked up the scenarios. CTRL-F: "For example, here's how the various Tiers might deal with a specific set of situations"
>>
>>53120816
Tiers don't assume average, they assume a certain level of optimization. Not "pushed to the limits with FCBs and obscure magic item tricks", but generally about as far as a class can go without taking options unreasonable for a PFS campaign or using exploits reliant on wonky rules interactions. They're really pretty consistent with this in mind.

9th level casters are basically positioned like this. The average 9th level caster is a contribution to the team but not really any more powerful than the average Fighter. The extreme 9th level caster will destroy most encounters right from level 1. The tier list 9th level caster turns on at about level 5 when their save or dies are too consistent for most CR appropriate encounters to beat and they have enough spell slots to start dropping them on utility every day.
>>
>>53120816
No, and this is part of why the tier list is only a useful tool to compare mechanical aspects of game breaking ability.

A player can play a wizard badly, and while a wizard by RAW is capable of utterly ruinign a campaign, a wizard as played in a game rarely managed to even moderately fuck up a campaign.

It's like the 'CoDzilla' issue in PF. If you look at clerical spells and domains, they should be able to outperform a fighter all the time, but because of how their spells work, how their stats have to be, and what domains they have to choose, 7 times out of 10 a barely optimized fighter will always outperform a cleric in battle, and that cleric will be so specialized that he won't be able to maintain a tier 1 rone in game, because all his spell slots and casting power is so specialized into damage dealing he effectively makes himself into a tier 3 or even tier 4 character as a result.

the tier list is a tool, and nothing more - it certainly isn't a guideline of 'the best classes to play' and it's not even close to being 'a comprehensive list of everything bad in PF' like people on /tg/ like to claim.
>>
>>53120694
>another shorty applied

so we have colonial Europeans, two shorty waifus, a bishounen monk and a half-orc face
>>
>>53120957
>The tier list 9th level caster turns on at about level 5 when their save or dies are too consistent for most CR appropriate encounters
I feel like I build my casters wrong because I see this and wonder how the hell do they manage that. Saves inflate really fucking fast.
>>
Tier lists are actually a tool for GMs, not for players
>>
>>53120988
Now all we need is a kobold shorty to complete the list
>>
>>53121029
I would have, but momster races are a big no no.
>>
>>53121039
Kobolds are a yes yes though.
>>
>>53121039
Kobolds, lizardfolk, and vishkanya weren't on the blacklist tho

Kobolds and rougarou also got a buff
>>
>>53120560
I enjoy the Divine Heretic archetype from Spheres of Power, otherwise it's not great.
>>
>>53121002
You're not - it's the "white room theorycraft" issue.

In a white room with no features, casters are capable of everything people on /tg/ claim they are. They are automatically assumed to have taken the best feats for the situation, selected the perfect spells for the situation - and this is important - and their enemies are automatically the least prepared for the caster's capabilities (i.e. the enemies are never elves or undead at low levels, because that would mean color spray and sleep spells are not nearly as effective as they could be).

In real game play, casters rarely manage anything gamebreaking because shit outside of the white room is complicated - such as enemies approaching from two fronts, not having the perfect spell prepared, or not even having the spell that would be most optimal in a given situation. The theorycraft says "you you should have a ton of scrolls and wands with spells you can use all the time to effect the situation" but never really tells you where the time and money for those scrolls comes from, because in a white room theorycraft, that doesn't actually matter.

Don't listen to /tg/'s claims of overpowered wizardry and believe it utterly - realistically there are just too many things that happen in an organic and live game session that can't be accounted for, not the least of which is the other players and what the GM throws at you.
>>
>>53121039

Anon, Rory wanted to do this campaign because there were going to be big-booty shortstack kobolds.

Fucking do it, live your dreams.
>>
>>53121002
You shouldn't have too much trouble building normally. Your DCs at 5 should be something like 10+6 Ability Mod+3 Spell Level+1 Spell Focus=20. That should succeed about 90% of the time targeting bad saves and about 75% of the time targeting good saves or something playing a modestly optimized caster in a PFS scenario or against adventure path encounters.
>>
Can I DM only having the core rulebook?
>>
>>53121039
the kobold buff is -2 str, +2 int +2 wis, and they get prehensile tail for free
>>
Which manuevers in Fool's Errand are bad?
>>
>>53121054
>>53121070
>>53121086
Hory shet I had no idea. I'm out of time for tonight but I guess I'll redo my character sheet tomorrow. Thanks for the notice.
>>
>>53121039
>Momster races

Someone needs to make a perky MILF that's on the Jenivere in search of adventure!
>>
>>53121098
Yes, because if you have a laptop you have access to everything else on the pfsrd, like the spells and monsters and classes from all other books.
>>
File: 1492486447778.jpg (360KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1492486447778.jpg
360KB, 710x508px
>tfw you really want to play the new character you made but someone in your group is already playing that class
>>
>>53121110
You better be a kobold witchdoctor shamaness who can speak to dinosaurs and has a thing for shinies
>>
>>53121132
rest in peace anonchan. Why don't you play your character but as the next best class, or instead be a manly barbarian muscleman who does not believe in magic
>>
>>53121132

That shouldn't stop you, anon. How else would you get Kurgess and Erastil Paladin Bros?
>>
>>53120694
Fuck off, Rory.
>>
>>53121096
>+6 Ability Mod
Most people I know usually don't go higher than 18 at char gen and the one time I actually made a caster that started with 20 casting stat I ended up regretting it. Maybe on a 25 point buy, but on 20 nah.
>>
>>53121132
What class is it? Sometimes you can have two of the same class in the party without issue.
>>
>>53121113
I didn't know Iolanthe had a sister.
>>
>>53121161
be an old man anon. You can EASILY get a high int at character gen if you are middle aged or older.
>>
>>53121168
Witch, but even the builds are similar so it definitely wouldn't work.
>>
>>53121190
That usually gets the book thrown at you super fucking hard.
>>
>>53121190
FOR THE LOW LOW COST OF REKKING UR STATS
>>
File: oni4.jpg (470KB, 669x900px) Image search: [Google]
oni4.jpg
470KB, 669x900px
>>53121113
Do you think he'll allow two apps from the same person?

I could make Oni-mom but I wasn't sure if it would fit the campaign setting.

I don't even have to do monstrous race to do it either.
>>
>>53121082
Go fuck yourself. Realistically any character is built with their campaign in mind, casters are good because they can prepare Enlarge Person, a summoning spell, a few basic utilities and then the spells appropriate of the game direction.

The argument against "white room theorycraft" here runs into the same issue it debates against by making a large assumption about how a game is going to go, but at least tier lists acknowledge the content they're designed to address.
A system-wise Fighter is still going to be preparing tools for the undead he expects to fight or the upcoming social encounter. Every character is in a bad spot caught out, casters just have more leeway, range, and power applied to these situations.
>>
Is the Unchained Monk's flurry functionally the same amount of attacks as a regular monk?

The way I'm reading it, I get less attacks (by one, I think) but I get all at full BAB. Is that right?
>>
>>53121223

Oni-mom would not fit the campaign setting.

Human mom, possibly Mwangi or Chelaxian, would.
>>
>had my bard just die at first level
>our wizard died too, is coming with a barbarian next session
>now my party is all martials and it's up to me to be the knowledge guy and the face again
>party has a rule that we can't be the same class twice in a row
Any recommendations on what to do?
>>
>>53121216
Wizards don't need strength or dex anon you have a barbarian for that. Just ride on his back.

>>53121212
The iconic wizard is old
>>
>>53121230
Its one less attack, but 3 full BAB
>>
>>53121223
Damn, Oni are great. Consider being a lizardmom
>>
>>53121190
The amount of con and dex and strength you lose does not pay for the increase in casting stat at all.
>>
>>53121245
Investigator is what you're looking for, Senpai.
>>
>>53121245
be a cleric. Stop your friends from dying while being VERY good at everything you do
>>
>>53121248
>Wizards don't need strength or dex
Strength
>shadows
>Dex
AC and Initiative is pretty fucking important for not getting turned into hamburger meat. You also need dex for hitting touch ray attacks because contrary to popular belief those aren't fucking autohits on anything that actually matters.
>>
>>53121271
Empiricist, more like.
>>
>>53121226
Again, that's a nice thought but even the suggested spells you made assume even more than I did in my comments.
>>
>>53121223
Motherly Lizardfolk/Catfolk woman who has done her share for the species, and is out to enjoy the world and sample some of the "exotic" men out there.
>>
>>53121230
No, but it's far, far, far better.
>>
>>53121223
Yes.
>>
File: Oni 29.png (355KB, 500x651px) Image search: [Google]
Oni 29.png
355KB, 500x651px
>>53121240
The Oni-mom is actually a synthesist summoner wearing an Oni suit to avoid homebrew races or tiefling oni-spawn

The human underneath could easily be a human Mwangi tribal mom who goes Oni on anyone who dares mess with her darling baby kobolds.
>>
>>53121270
Only if you don't believe in the old smartman who is hitting at -2 with 1d4-2 damage

>>53121282
People also forget wizards can take weapon focuses and point blank shots, and tons of other abilities on touch attacks. But yeah, initiative is good. You CAN get a ton of it from everything besides dex though. As for AC, even with a decent dex, ac on a wizard is a joke. You can stack your shield spell and your mage armor spell, but their best defense is % miss chance from blurr, mirror image, etc
>>
>>53121250
Alright. I'm trying to convert my Zen Archer over, anything else I should be aware of for the big big differences? Trying to read it, but comparing and contrasting takes a while, so I figured I might ask while I do so
>>
>>53121248
And the iconic kineticist is a child which is also not allowed in general play.
>>
Anything new came out about Starfinder?

Any ideas for characters and campaigns?
>>
>>53121332
You will have to have a look at their martial arts and ki powers. Some of them are different. You don't get some monk abilities base so you will have to take them as one of their ki powers or the other one.
>>
>>53121331
>can take weapon focuses and point blank shots, and tons of other abilities on touch attacks.
That's WAY more fucking resource investment than just investing into fucking dexterity, which is still by far the best accuracy booster you're going to get on ray attacks other than true striking yourself.

Like maybe this is anecdotal but pretty much every caster I've seen that dumped their physicals into oblivion ended up paying dearly for it.
>>
>>53121349
My ideas are glamrock space captain envoy who plays the keytar and has a shiny jumpsuit with a huge V neck all the way down to his belt.

Or a space samurai or robotic ascetic monk.
>>
>>53121351
"Or the other one"?
>>
>>53121367
>ascetic monk
>in a sci-fi game with mecha
ANSWER ME, DOMON!
>>
>>53121361
I don't know what the talk about dumping physical stats is about. My go-to is something like 8/14/14/18/8/7 with Toughness I might not ever retrain. Level 1 is rough but I'm usually not in any more danger than anyone else in my party afterwards.
>>
>>53121383
Its like, ki powers or martial arts powers. Sorry I forgot the name.

>>53121384
Don't judge me. I want to crush machinery with my robot fists while not owning anything besides my hat and robe and beads and alms bowl to beg for credits to recharge
>>
>>53121361
The real answer is to become a vampire
>>
How do you build him?
>>
>>53121349

I have an idea for an OC race to use.

I havn't come up with a name for them but they would be aberrants from a water world. A cross between nautiloids and conchs they have a shell that covers their "head" where their beak and the majority of their organs exist as well as their brain. The rest of their body consist of 4 large muscular "feet" where the ends can split into 3 digits. They have the ability to grow a disposible shell over these feet but it reduces their swim speed. This is important because when they leave the water they shape their shell into a humanoid form allowing them to move on land but they can't breath air so they keep a supply of water in their head shells that they refill every now and again with fresh sea water and often fill it with planton like creatures so they can eat.

They are very good with magic (good wizard race) but they are also very interested in technology hence why many of them venture off world.
>>
>>53121448
Combat Summoner comes the closest, but Eidolon does not equal Stand fluffwise.
>>
>>53121448
People complain when you make him a summoner, and say to try a psionic class. Honestly I don't mind summoner as him with high strength and unarmed strike
>>
>>53121448
His lowest stat would prolly be Wis and it would still be 16
>>
>>53121384
The School of the Undefeated of the East!
>>
>>53121466
I was looking at the Exciter Spiritualist, but man is it awful.
>>
>>53121448
Advanced Human Advent Guard Kineticist
>>
>>53121449
There is a water moon thats almost the size of golarion that they could be from.
>>
>>53121384
THE SCHOOL OF THE UNDEFEATED OF THE EAST!
>>
>>53121325
Rather than Oni as the outside suit, consider taking inspiration from African and Amazonian legends and myths!
>>
>>53121493

I see. I admit I'm not familiar with Golarion's cosmology and ultimately I'm thinking of making my own setting although I'm willing to give the base setting a chance
>>
>>53121479
>>53121501
THE WINDS OF THE KING!
>>
>>53121448
Spiritualist
>>
>>53121508
But anon that would require him to actually research shit and he can't live out his weeb fantasies like that.
>>
>>53121524
who knows and/or cares
>>
>>53121523
ZENSHIN
>>
>>53121525
See:
>>53121480
>>
>>53121536
KEIRETSU!
>>
>>53121475
You could argue that his Dex isn't THAT high, Star Platinum handles most of his precision.

>>53121448
If you're being honest and not just memeing, just talk to your DM about changing some stuff around with Summoner. Maybe get rid of spellcasting for full BAB and some Eidolon spell likes associated with your character.
>>
>>53121536
KAYRETSU
>>
>>53121538
"How do you build this?"
"Use this class thats literally about summoning a spirit"
"THATS NOT STRONG ENOUGH FOR ME"

Well gee billy, I didn't realize I had to make you a strong character
>>
>>53121544
>>53121551
TENPAKYORAN!
>>
>>53121517
check out the distant worlds book. Its pretty good
https://ttop.rem.uz/Pathfinder/Chronicles%20%26%20Campaign%20Setting/PZO9243%20Distant%20Worlds.pdf
>>
>>53121567
LOOK, THE EAST IS BURNING RED
>>
>>53121567
LOOK THE EAST IS BURNING RED
>>
>>53121561
Jojo's useful though. You're not building Jojo if the character you're building is useless.
>>
>>53121466
>>53121471
I missed the part where Jotaro started summoning infernal eagles and acid pit. Or the part where Starplatinum and Jotaro shared a BIG GLOWING RUNE on their foreheads. Or that time one of Dio's minions cast planeshift and then bound Starplatinum to a summoning circle in hell.
>>
File: 1493492853771.png (446KB, 971x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493492853771.png
446KB, 971x1000px
>>53121527
Moreof I REALLY want to play an Oni, I've had this plan for a while and I haven't gotten a chance to yet.
>>
>>53121595
they dohave a star tattoos though
>>
>>53121589
Advant Guard Kineticist. Seriously. It's fucking perfect with what you want or at least as close as you're going to get without home-brew.
>>
>>53121595
I swear that last one had to have happened once.
>>
File: The school of the east.gif (560KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
The school of the east.gif
560KB, 300x225px
>>53121581
>>53121583
Has a master ever betrayed you, /pfg/? Did you ever understand why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLOZ-lsfmIA
>>
>>53121589
But a fractured mind spiritualist isn't bad, Spiritualists are a solidly strong tier 3 class

They're what the summoner SHOULD be. They're absolutely fine and you need to stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>53121601
Wait for someone to die in LoBaF. My money is on the Swashbuckler.
>>
>>53121616
3pp is basically homebrew anyway.
>>
>>53121601
They are accepting bakeneko so oni might not be out of the question. One of the NPCs is from TianXia too so it does not have to be out of the question
>>
>>53121615
Jotaro has a star birthmark. Star Platinum(neither does Hermit Purple) doesn't have the birthmark. It also doesn't glow. And the Joestar birthmark is like on the nape of the neck and not the forehead.
>>
>>53121627
Ok well if you're going to whine the whole time you're fucking useless

Just jump off a bridge.
>>
>>53121622
Yes it was a kung fu setting. Turns out he was controlled by another enemy martial art's school master who quivering palmed and had him under his influence
>>
>>53121335
It actually is. According to Pathfinder Society, all being a human child means is "character is Small-sized instead of Medium, and applies +2 DEX/-2 STR atop their normal racial modifiers".
>>
>>53121581
>>53121583
It's been a long time, Anonymous. Or rather, the man I acknowledge as the King of Memes!
>>
File: 16425952.jpg (33KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
16425952.jpg
33KB, 720x720px
>>53121646
>he doesn't want to play as my fanfiction archetype
>>
>>53121627
We are literally playing 3.5 homebrew. That's what Pathfinder IS.
>>
>>53121658
No its more that you're just going to whine the whole time, all you're doing is whining at suggestions because it isn't your perfect fanfiction jojo self insert you can play in pathfinder

Kys.
>>
>>53121625
The swashbuckler found a sword that started with an empathic link. I think he's going to get some insurance quick.
>>
File: 1441837612419.jpg (781KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
1441837612419.jpg
781KB, 600x849px
>>53121658
See
>>53121659

And you can't really complain about Fan Fiction when you're trying to insert fucking STAND USERS into Pathfinder.
>>
>>53121524
Fuck ooooooff.
>>
>>53121625
If the DM of a /pfg/ game didn't let the player make a new character, wouldn't they just ask around their reserved list first?
>>
>>53121668
I know this module, and let me tell you something.
It does nothing to keep your character from dying. I had Tempest and I got gnolled.
>>
>>53121699
Story time?
>>
>>53121578

I'll have to read through this. Most of the planets are still there sans golarion in Starfinder?
>>
>>53121396
I see.

Looking at the Unchained Monk, level three disqualified it for an Archetype. Don't have Maneuver Training, and Still Mind is pushed to level 4.
>>
>>53121719
Don't worry about that and build your setting.

Apparently, Paizo has a habit of forgetting things they hype up
>>
>>53121708
No story, just got crit.
>>
>>53121741
Now is the time we pay respects to all those PC's that died to a random crit from some jobber mook.

F.
>>
>>53121719
Yup. They actually advance the same way you expect. The tidally locked one with space countries eventually becomes one giant supercity in a band around the planet's habital zone with Dunelike desert dwellers out in the desert, and order worshiping monks/furrymonster riding barbarians in the cold side.

The elves travel back to their homeworld and have large marble cities poking out of the jungle. The liches planned so far ahead they pretty much own all the big companies from the comfort of their dead world highrises
>>
Im looking to run my first campaign after playing for about 3 years Should i buy an adventure path.
>>
>>53121723
For the most part you can still use those archetypes. It just replaces the other ability. Thats what they said for unchained monk in the book. Then you get the still mind ability at level 4
>>
File: 1451885020623.jpg (266KB, 723x934px) Image search: [Google]
1451885020623.jpg
266KB, 723x934px
>>53121758

Hey, those jobber mooks put in a lot of hard work!
>>
>>53121770
It's a good way to get started with it.

I recommend Rise of the Runelords. Shit's classic and very well written.
>>
>>53121770
>buy
Nah man. That stuff is for free in the Trove. Just click the link in the OP and you'll have pretty much every AP at your finger tips.
>>
>>53121770
If your are confident, the good ones are stuff like Jade Regent, strange aeons, kingmaker and serpent's skull.
>>
File: 1492487717692.jpg (98KB, 800x806px) Image search: [Google]
1492487717692.jpg
98KB, 800x806px
What's your favorite gimmick build?
>>
>>53121161
The rules say point buy cannot net you a higher score than 18.
Not counting racial bonuses of course.
>>
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5014066/applications#post-5018385

So that is a soft spoken duelist looking for treasure in the jungle. Huh.

>>53121813
barbarian based around throwing heavy objects as hard as he can
>>
>>53121448
Silhouette Psychic Warrior. Take Martial Training RH to qualify for Awakened Blade, plus Adv Study a few times so your guy can use the higher level maneuvers of the discipline too.
>>
>>53121788
>>53121797
Yeah I was reading the descriptions and both Rise and Jade Regent looked interesting to me.
>>
>>53121819
>Not counting racial bonuses of course.
That's precisely what I meant. 18 post racial.
>>
File: Gankoomon.jpg (124KB, 494x681px) Image search: [Google]
Gankoomon.jpg
124KB, 494x681px
>>53121829
>Silhouette Psychic Warrior
Didn't they axe that archetype?

Other than that, that might be pretty fucking legit.
>>
>>53121694
Not unless that reserve list is full of his fetishes. See if you can point them out.
>>
>>53121797
Why don't more people like Curse of the Crimson Throne? It's always been my favorite.
>>
>>53121828
Does he want to be a good and kind daddy?
>>
>>53121864
Pathfidner isn't made for intrigue.

And maybe it was my GM but it really didn't seem that great.
>>
>>53121853
Got published in the second installment of Psywars expanded.
>>
>>53121632
I'm not super worried about making it campaign relevant at this point, I can make her a tribal mom and while human would be ideal (bonus feat to make up for the eternal gimped BAB that not even gestalting can fix) I can play a more tribal race.

I'm still not sure how /pfg/, the DM or Roll20 games in general feel about multiple apps from the same person. Like I wouldn't expect both to get in ofc but it does increase the chance that a specific player can get in as long as he doesn't go overboard.
>>
>>53121876
CotCT is overrated.
>>
>>53121832
Jade regent is one of my personal favorites if you eschew the lame caravan rules. Other than that, its a super fun one. (if you do run it, invite please)

>>53121864
Never played it sorry
>>
>>53121813
Super fat half orc luchador uses a step ladder and acrobatics to crush the opponent with his fat.
>>
File: 1463887281883.png (861KB, 1013x1432px) Image search: [Google]
1463887281883.png
861KB, 1013x1432px
One of my player's has a cleric of Calistria, and I'd like to send them on a quest for their church. However, I'm a little unsure, beyond slutting it up hard, what to make them do.

Who are the enemies of Calistria? What sort of quest would she send a cleric on for redemption?
>>
File: 2378872-afro_samurai2.jpg (206KB, 620x489px) Image search: [Google]
2378872-afro_samurai2.jpg
206KB, 620x489px
>>53121886
Make her a Mwangi Tiefling who's dad was !Not Afro-Samurai. He spent years fighting oni in a distant land, got injured, returned home to start a family, and somehow the fiendish energy voodoo affected his seed.

Done.
>>
>>53121872
Who knows. He and Lord Cornelius would be a good pair though.

>>53121886
Consider kobolds
>>
>>53121896
Sorry i cant invite it is gonna be an in person game. |(
>>
>>53121886
>limit 1 app per player

Make your choice, anon
>>
>>53121832
In that case, run /pfg/'s favorite AP: Rise of the Jade Regent (it's book 1 of RotRL dovetailing into JR).
>>
>>53121625
I still believe he should have been a Vigilante. Why play one of the worst classes in the game?
>>
>>53121929
>Rise of the Jade Regent
Why? What makes it good?
>>
>>53121919
>>53121886
seconding. Witchdoctor kobold girls are a good idea
>>
>>53121912
>Calistria
All this time I thought it was just Calistra

Fuck.

Anyway
Potential quests
>revenge assassinations
>fucking with Urgothan cults
>spy mission
>>
>>53121959
It was a shitty meme game that sent this genera into a tailspin of degeneracy and shit flinging that we're just now recovering from.
>>
>>53121912
Send him on a quest to track down and cut the genitals off of some poor creature who pissed on one of her shrines? No idea.
>>
>>53121982
Then why in the world would I play it?
>>
>>53121965
Screwing with Ms. Half-N-Half seems appropriate. Thanks for the recommendations!
>>
>>53121828
I feel like he would have to be a colonial centric character, duelist are usually orderly by nature.

Treasure hunting seems like an odd fit for sure, but I could see it working out.

>"My good sir, does any family in the area require the services of a duelist?"
>"...A duelist?"
>"Yes, I come from a long line of-"
>"Son, we need every life we can spare out here right now. No one's gonna hire a duelist."
>"Is...is that so. Well, what do you need?"
>"Treasure from the ruins never hurts for a boost around here."
>"Hmm...Filthy work to be sure, but I suppose I have no choice."

After that he just relies on his ability to introduce monsters to the pointy end of the rapier and his weirdly inexplicable ability to detect and disarm traps.

t. not even his applicant and I just rp'd his motivation

I'm more worried about that alignment.
>>
>>53121959
It uses the best part of RotRL to give you an actual connection to the key NPCs of JR.
>>
>>53121995
No, problem!
>Ms. Half-N-Half
Stealing this. Stealing this so hard.
>>
>>53121959
It has fun themes and a grand travel adventure which a lot of people actually enjoy. When you actually get past the north pole it becomes a fish out of water story which people actually like even more. If you have a good GM it can be one of the best adventures around.
>>
Speaking of adventure Paths is giantslayer any good
>>
>>53121997
Maybe he is running from his past and became a colonist.

Like most colonists.
>>
>>53122005
Now this is where I object.

Any character that would be invested in JR long term is probably ALREADY going to start with connections to those NPC's. Not to mention Sandru and Koya don't even show up in Rise of the Runelords.
>>
>>53122032
no
>>
>>53122032
It is not /bad/ if you enjoy slaying enormous monsters.
>>
>>53122046
What are its main issues
>>
>>53121965
>>53121995
>>53122009
>all this talk of carrying out a vendetta against the Pallid Princess

How droll. The elves think themselves fit for more than eating!
>>
>>53122070
Its all trash
>>
>>53122037
>Any character that would be invested in JR long term is probably ALREADY going to start with connections to those NPC's.
There's a difference between having a connection because you picked a campaign trait from the player's guide and the connection to be gained by spending half a dozen sessions of actual RP with the NPC.
>>
File: 1491324328393.jpg (87KB, 600x638px) Image search: [Google]
1491324328393.jpg
87KB, 600x638px
Have you PMed your crush this weekend? Did you get a reply? Was it everything you dreamed it would be?
>>
File: Sadness2.gif (2MB, 350x190px) Image search: [Google]
Sadness2.gif
2MB, 350x190px
>>53122127
No, it wasn't. Because he turned me down.
>>
>>53122127
No because I've been typefucking my crush for weeks. WEEKS. WEEEEEEEKS.
>>
File: 1491693582433.jpg (74KB, 558x790px) Image search: [Google]
1491693582433.jpg
74KB, 558x790px
Gonna take a poll here, how would you feel if you were partaking in a campaign where one of the prerequisites was that you were undead?
You can have whatever alignment you feel is necessary, but you will always detect as evil.
This also goes without saying but you can only heal through negative energy.
>>
>>53122127
The honeymoon period is over.
>>
File: 1484415552102.jpg (223KB, 869x1262px) Image search: [Google]
1484415552102.jpg
223KB, 869x1262px
>>53122127
I did. She said yes. We banged like animals. Not even like mammals. More like... banana slugs.
We're also married, so that helps.
>>
File: 1480795545821.jpg (148KB, 460x590px) Image search: [Google]
1480795545821.jpg
148KB, 460x590px
>>53122127
Why would I PM them?
>>
>tfw want to play a serial killer vigilante for Serpent's Skull who left his own home running to avoid imprisonment

Bad idea?
>>
File: 1493922157549.jpg (14KB, 324x451px) Image search: [Google]
1493922157549.jpg
14KB, 324x451px
>tfw you've made hundreds of characters but as soon as you finish a character you lose interest entirely and don't want to play it anymore
>>
File: CIA has had it with your shit.gif (2MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
CIA has had it with your shit.gif
2MB, 280x358px
Planning on making a character based on the baneposting version of CIA, what class should I go with?
>he's the leader of a group of spies
>he hunts the masked man
>he interrogates people by threatening to throw them off cliffs
>he answers to "Agent C"
>his second-in-commands are named Smee, Maimen, Dr. Paveleer, Button-lee, and Juan Avyu
>he hires the services of a group of half-men, half-mosquitoes when he needs extra manpower
>>
>>53122162
Is he going to continually try and kill the party?
If so, yes.
>>
>>53122148
I'm down but keep the prereqs for undead
>>
>>53122148
Sounds cool, but depends on the plot.

Are we trying to avenge our dishonorable deaths?

Did we leave something incomplete?

Did some celestial mess up some paperwork and now we are on a quest to find the magic whiteout that will let us die?
>>
I have heard praise for Iron Gods but i really didnt like it what do you guys think of it.
>>
>>53122127
One day QANON will notice me...
>>
File: 1493878220158.jpg (319KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493878220158.jpg
319KB, 650x900px
>>53122210
Well, the idea is that through supernatural means you regain the memories of your old life.
So I'd be lifting the restriction of evil-only characters.
>>
>>53122219
>>53122233
>>
>>53122227
Now, I actually played the whole thing. Iron gods was fantastic, but maybe because when I DMed it I set the scene in a way that made the players enjoy it a lot. I also added a few alientekky things that were not in it.

>>53122233
The thing is most undead creatures have a 'champion' version that keep all their memories and levels, like skeletal champions and juju zombies. There are also a ton of intelligent undead like vampires and deathknights too.
>>
>>53122231
You can't have her! She's mine!
>>
>>53122233
Don't a lot of intelligent undead still remember their former lives anyway? There'a also that new undead in Beast 6 (Hupia) whose entire existence revolves around being dead but not realizing it.
Also m8 what's the actual plot?
>>
>>53122127
>tfw Mom-Franze will never give you milkies.
>>
File: 1457417111409.png (650KB, 888x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457417111409.png
650KB, 888x800px
>>53122233
I mean I'd play it but I like undead PCs in general.

I imagine being detected as evil still happens even if you were undead? What if someone casts detect good on an undead good PC? Would that ping them out as well?

Also, will there be a variety of undead types to choose from?
>>
DMs of /pfg/ games, let yourselves be known so we can question you
>>
>>53122302
>I imagine being detected as evil still happens even if you were undead?

I meant if you were good, fuck me.
>>
>>53122290
>>53122233
Can we play Hupiae who just want to get comfy again?
>>
>>53122259
Oh I know, but those forms are more or less driven by the worst aspect of their former selves. An honorable knight who's risen as a skeleton champion would become much quicker to raise a sword against the helpless, regardless of their personal experience. In a nutshell they become less empathetic, that part of their soul can't be repaired. (Going off of Order of the Stick logic here)
>>
>>53122284
What!
Who are you?
>>
>>53121601
Sure?
>>
>>53122324
That's just part of the nature of being undead I think, it has nothing to do with losing anything. Even the best undead rarely feel legitimate empathy for the living simply because they're undead, it's like how most living can't feel actual empathy for the undead as-undead (instead of formerly-living souls).
>>
File: please-help-me-688po.jpg (47KB, 688x413px) Image search: [Google]
please-help-me-688po.jpg
47KB, 688x413px
>>53122178
>>
File: Undead11.jpg (161KB, 880x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Undead11.jpg
161KB, 880x1600px
>>53122302
>>53122321
>>53122290

Essentially, everyone would begin the game as a Fext.
Your deeds in life made you a competent and strong person, but a curse from before you were born led you to die young.
>>
>>53122356
What starting level and do we have to play as a Fext?
>>
File: ilmina.jpg (671KB, 1634x1677px) Image search: [Google]
ilmina.jpg
671KB, 1634x1677px
What the shit is this?

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/storyteller

>Legend of Old (Su): At 3rd level, the storyteller can summon a legendary figure from the tales of old. The storyteller selects a particular figure that remains constant throughout his adventures. The legendary hero takes the form of a character of any class, whose level is equal to the storytellers level +2. The storyteller can only call upon the power of the legendary figure for so long. At 3rd level, he can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to 8 + his Charisma modifier. At each level after 3rd a storyteller can use legend of old for 2 additional rounds per day.

So you're a level 3 bard? Cool, you can summon a level 5 character to do your bidding.
>>
>>53122348
Post the dragon PCs you've made.

Constructs are fine too
>>
>>53122127
No, because I don't really want to rush into something I'd rather keep in-game IF it happens. Maybe that's a worse idea than seeing if we have good chemistry in another setting, maybe it's not.

Also too busy generally.
>>
>>53122384
I haven't made either of those because I don't find them very interesting.
>>
>>53122202
No, he's a serial killer, but he only kills particular people unless someone in the party triggers his murder preferences he has no reason to harm anyone. His vigilante identity would be CE however.
>>
>>53122380
Eeeh, to be fair it's only for a couple of rounds each day. Later on that would be handy for, say, a Wizard buddy, but it's kind of a shame that it doesn't last for very long. By the end of the campaign it's equal to 42+CHA Mod rounds.
>>
>>53122396
Then what types of characters have you made?
>>
So my level 6 barbarian died in my very first pf (or any tabletop game) campaign and I'm thinking of rerolling a Dawnflower Dervish Bard with the nonlethal trait and Enforcer.
My party is at the moment a Rogue, Witch and a Paladin. Would I do well enough to not be useless? After the barbarian I'd like to play something a bit more talkative
>>
>>53122294
What say we spice this up a bit with a wager? Whoever claims Franze's motherly frame as their own first shall take as their prize the very throne of [KINGDOM NAME PENDING] itself?
>>
>>53122427
8 + Cha mods rounds per day, plus 2 rounds per bard level.

That's pretty good if you're summoning a combat monster for fights.
>>
>>53122433
Humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, a couple tengu, some goblins.

Lots of things.

Mostly humans though.
>>
>>53122329
I'm the man that's stealing your girl! Deal with it, nerd!
>>
>>53122480
Post the Tengus and Halflings.
>>
File: 1494158115666.jpg (1MB, 1368x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1494158115666.jpg
1MB, 1368x1448px
>>53122378
The idea is that the PC's attained a great deal of personal strength and character in life, due in no small part to the nature of the curse.

The starting level would be either 7 or 8 to represent this.

I won't make being a Fext mandatory, but it will require conditions and a slightly different intro to the campaign.
>>
>>53122387
That seems sensible.

Sensible is pretty sexy, Anon.
>>
>>53122487
There's like, 30 of them.
>>
>>53122490
Make a pitch, I'm kind of interested.
>>
Rolled 14, 11, 15 = 40 (3d30)

>>53122498
Post these three the dice decide on
>>
>>53122495
I can only hope that translates to future endeavors.
But hey, if you feel confident you know who you're talking to, anon, feel free to toss me a message anytime.
>>
You know what sucks? Playing a NE rogue while we're traveling with an LG paladin, who's alert to evil party members after the NE necromancer cleric raised some undead near him. And we can't off him and throw his body overboard (the setting is a giant version of the Caribbean), because he's fucking the CG sorcerer, and the DM would get pissed.
>>
>>53122521
I don't feel confident about anything; why do you think I'm here?

I'm just saying that it sounds like your plan will be a successful one! It's very well thought out.
>>
>>53122548
Why is there a Paladin on a pirate ship?
>>
>>53122548
Why don't you stop being evil around the guy who will wreck your shit?
>>
How often are apps rejected based on schedule incompatibility?
>>
>>53122603
Not a /pfg/ DM but I'd think it's the single biggest factor.
>>
File: 1415156294484.jpg (78KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
1415156294484.jpg
78KB, 500x800px
What are your favorite Player Companions, /pfg/? They're the splat-books of Pathfinder right now, so it's hard to siphon the winners from the losers. Mechanically, for flavor; whatever.
>>
>>53122578
He's on the ship because it's his ship, and the sorcerer had to seduce him to let us use it. And then the necromancer defiled it.
>>
File: oNP8rGH.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
oNP8rGH.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>53122516
>14
A childlike halfling beguiler who uses his appearance to trick and rob unsuspecting nobles. Played the wrong trick on the wrong person and now he's on the run.
>11
Formerly human, a tengu alchemist permanently changed his appearance after accidentally drinking from the wrong vial. Currently trying to become a better alchemist in order to change himself back.
>15
A halfling spellcaster raised among humans that was bullied incessantly for his size throughout his childhood. Made it to adulthood without incident but now has a very warped sense of justice. Kills those who he deems evil in order to raise their corpses and force them to atone for the sins they committed in life. Edgelord supreme.
>>
>>53122603
Got basically removed from the running for PLD since no compatibility with Lysander's schedule, and Blingmaker's DM told me that not sharing a schedule with any of his intended picks (and the DM's own) pretty much removed me from the running as well, despite liking my app.
>>
>>53122578
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo-paladin-archetypes/virtuous-bravo-paladin-archetype/
>>
>>53122631
Based Paladin.

>>53122625
>They're the splat-books of Pathfinder right now, so it's hard to siphon the winners from the losers
What?
>>
>>53122642
What schedule, anon?
>>
>>53122631
So he's got every right to fuck your shit every which way to Sunday? And you have the gall to bitch about it?
>>
>>53122482
But QANON is only into other girls...
>>
>>53122655
>based Paladin
wot
>>
>>53122548
DM should have considered this.

The paladin always finds out

The wheels of justice may grind slowly, but they're movin', they're movin' QUINLAN.

You have two options.

One, just cut your losses. If in character the paladin is too annoying to deal with, a NE character would probably just leave if they have no reason to stick around.

Two, make the sorceress not care about the paladin anymore.

NTR his ass and then chuck him off the side,
everyone's happy.

I obviously vote for the former, but it takes all sorts to make a world.
>>
File: Undead0.jpg (66KB, 825x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Undead0.jpg
66KB, 825x1100px
>>53122503

The land of Arnu is known in many circles as the Holy Land due in no small part to its thriving population of Ragathiel and Saranrae worshipers.

The year of our lord 1231 is coming to a close, and with the rebellious Mage's Consortium driven off the Southern Tip, it appears this is the dawn of a new age for all of Arnu.

But there are rumors in the East, dark clouds gathering over the Clovertop Mountains, and if one peers closer they can see blood staining the snow. A shadowy group of undead, have been seen keeping to the backwoods and glacial peeks. But these are the mere fabrications of school children and mid-wives, are they not? A small expedition marches into these snowy, they find the ruin of what could have been a great fort but these signs of battle look fresh...
>>
>>53122664
I doubt your words, Anon.
>>
>>53122672
One thing that's always confused me is how Lawful Evil characters tend to get a by when I think there's a much stronger case to be made for Neutral Evil characters working with good characters. NEs are out for themselves almost strictly, as long as there's a narrative you can easily make an excuse for an NE character to stick around with a Paladin. They don't have any conviction that might put them at odds with goods the way an LE character might, or any inclinations against playing house like CE. Money, curiosity, preservation, all easy reasons for NEs to stick around.
>>
>>53122665
Meant Sorc

>>53122664
Based Wist
>>
>>53122692
>The year of our lord 1231
Who is Our Lord?
This doesn't help me understand what the plot is or even what the tone is going to be desu, aren't we playing as the undead and not the expedition?
>>
>Check out DAA apps in hot anticipation of dual app memes
oh no
>>
>>53122715
LE characters are Lawful, which helps because Neutral Evil characters are liable to do illegal shit if they think they won't be caught. The thing about LE characters is that when you actually confront them, they never did anything actually technically wrong, they're just an ass. Also, since LE is just the Dominator angle, you can easily play it as "someone who wants X and is willing to do extreme shit for it" where X is an unequivocally Good thing, such as ending war, raising prosperity and equality, or eradicating cancer.
>>
>>53122715
It's also a matter of mutual respect.
LE will often aknowledge LG, and viceversa, while LG cannot agree with LE's ideals or method, their own dedication to a code earns natural respect.
CG and LE often work together well despite being polar opposites since they are basically just different sides of the 'ends justifies the means' coin, and become natural allies against a greater threat.
>>
>>53122716
I want to marry Wist!
>>
>>53122751
What happened?
>>
>>53122770
no memes
>>
File: 1464633879998.jpg (2MB, 2000x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1464633879998.jpg
2MB, 2000x1264px
>>53122728
Ai, I hear ya. I get bit lost in narration sometimes.

Essentially the players are the members of a growing army of elite undead warriors, who have been created for the purpose of conquering the world.
At the moment the story begins is when our party suffers an immense cataclysm, and soon their memories of life come rushing back.

The tone will be pretty gritty, but will also allow for moments of lightheartedness when you'll let it.

It'll be up to the players whether they seek to lash out at a world that hates them, or try to rise above their station and save it.
>>
>>53122775
There's barely any posts period, but you have Blue Eyes White Dragon. Also, a yandere brother complex erodaemon.
>>
>>53122783
So, in essence, we play as the Captains of the Overlewd army?
>>
>>53122765
Why would a lawful evil character care about equality?
>>
>>53122808
Because Lawful Evil characters care about order and would prefer to be on top, but what kind of order doesn't matter. They don't care about liberty or anything for the most part, but a tyrant who grants equality and economic wealth to his subjects is still Lawful Evil just because he's a tyrant aka it's a system with him on top and no real liberty.
>>
>>53122768

Who doesn't?
>>
File: Warrior156.jpg (761KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior156.jpg
761KB, 1000x1000px
>>53122793
I'm actually not that familiar with the Overlewd campaign.

The players themselves begin as members of small strike-force, made up mid-level undead who take care of important missions. They themselves have no ability to command they're fellow undead (unless they build for that purpose).
>>
>>53122836
Maximumsleep, apparently

RIP Succubed
>>
>>53122715
I think Lawful Evil gets by because their moral code can be relatable (LE might not kill kids whereas a NE might kill a kid if he can benefit from it) and of the three evil alignments he's the one most likely to be able to work out a temporary deal with the paladin or keep himself well hidden from the paladin.

I can make general cases for any Evil alignment to sneak into a party of goods, but it comes down to three-four accepted things.

1) Only one evil per party. The evil player should be alone in the party, putting an extra evil player even while still outnumbered creates too much possibility for coalition and an inevitable party split. Usually violent.

2) If the evil person needs to leave, try to have a character reason to not kill the PCs on the way out. Lawful Evil, against his code.
Neutral Evil, too much effort.
Chaotic Evil, respect the group's power. Just a reason to not completely dumpster the campaign with unnecessary PC deaths.

3)If you are trying to keep the alignment a secret, DONT PLAY IT INTO A PARTY WITH A PALADIN OR ANYONE THAT CAN DETECT EVIL. You are already at the possible mercy of a strong sense motive check, why would you guarantee your eventual discovery with an at-will spell-like?

These are the basics, there are a few other good pointers depending on the party alignment composition.
>>
>>53122329
I am you but stronger.
>>
>>53122850
RIP, she will live forever in my heart.

>>53122839
Intredasting I guess
You could try putting up a Roll20.
>>
>>53122765
>someone who wants X and is willing to do extreme shit for it

That's how I play NE though.

In my opinion, LE should be willing to do ANYTHING to achieve a goal. Classic LE characters are sometime defined by what morales or personal rules they hold themselves to i.e. don't kill women or children, don't raze villages that could be kept and improved, treat cooperative townsfolk well and execute dissenters etc.
>>
>>53122850
RIP Snooze Ooze, to pure for out world. She just wanted people have have pleasent dreams in her sheets
>>
>>53122891
I want to have pleasant dreams in Wist's sheets!
>>
File: kamen-rider-spirits-922296.jpg (134KB, 800x1142px) Image search: [Google]
kamen-rider-spirits-922296.jpg
134KB, 800x1142px
>>53122857
STRONGER you say?
>>
>>53122619
Trick to get in to /pfg/ games: Have good character art, have NEET schedule
>>
>>53122882
LE characters can also be people who work within the law though, or ARE the law. An imperial dynast is basically LE by definition if he's not about to grant freedom and liberty.
desu Good and Evil in D&D are kind of political in that sense, you can't be a Good absolute monarch because by being absolute you're already Evil
>>
>>53122634
I like 11, but 14 seems the most suited to apply for the /pfg/ games.
>>
>>53122783
>>53122793
>>53122839
I'd say it reminds me more of The Battle for Light's Hope Chapel from Wrath of The Lich King. Which is a good thing.

I'm still interested.
>>
File: 1461297985560.gif (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1461297985560.gif
14KB, 320x320px
>>53122183
He should be Small sized.
>>
File: Arslan Senki - 04 - Large 29.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Arslan Senki - 04 - Large 29.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>53122927
>tfw want to stop being NEET
>don't want to lose out on free time
>everyone I know who got a job that isn't minimum wage has been totally consumed by it
>all soulless husks of their former selves, with all sense of joy drained

I'm scared, /pfg/
>>
>>53122941
I'm picturing a king who keeps a Paladin at his side solely to detect evil every morning for when he goes too far.
>>
>>53122900
Besides Sleep, ironically, Who doesn't
>>
>>53122971
Except the entire point of kings generally is to be able to go "too far" when you need to. Necessary sacrifices are what governments do because they do things for the good of the country and the people, not a province or a person - but even so, killing an innocent as a scapegoat is still Evil.
>>
File: 1432233143260.jpg (169KB, 1232x648px) Image search: [Google]
1432233143260.jpg
169KB, 1232x648px
>>53122963
>>53122871

Made a Roll20 page, due to LIFE right now I will not be able to run it for a few weeks.
But that will at least offer enough time to fill spots.
>>
>>53122981
>>53122850
Honestly, Konja would have been great to have along.
But application triage is a sad business.
>>
>>53123001
https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2227680/together-we-rise

Feel free to submit an app at your leisure.
>>
>>53123022
Link is borked.
>>
>>53123002
There was a lot of fun apps in OL, not everyone can make it. The ONE thing that irritated me was The lack of monster men/boys
>>
>>53122900
I want to wait until Vult says they're running another Cashmere rape scene and then send Wist PMs to start up a normal conversation while knowing she's getting worked up RPing taking monstercock at the same time
>>
>>53123100
But how can you get worked up over PAST TENSE?
>>
>>53123057
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76914/together-we-rise

This should work
>>
>>53123124
But that anon was right
>>
>>53123131
>>53123022
>no character creation rules
m8?
>>
>>53123100
Well, it was nice while it lasted
See you next thread Wist!
>>
>>53123227
I posted earlier in the thread what the limitations were, but I had intended to show them to players who's concepts I had approved of.
Here's the gist: Lvl 7, 25 PB, 3rd party material must be approved by me.
>>
>>53123278
oh are we doing a 'post concept build parties afterwards'?
>>
>>53123284
Personally, I don't have a preference one way or the other. If you want to make the case for showing the build notes beforehand you may.
>>
>>53122145
Give me your yummy cummies!
>>
>>53123307
no I didn't know I'm just used to /pfg/ games with the builds done before acceptance.
>>
Looking at Iron Gods and i think i may want to run it for my players but i dont want to let them in on the idea that it is an alien ship at the beginning any suggestions
>>
>>53122145
Congrats!
any tips for a poor coward?
>>
>>53123333
Don't force it.
>>
>>53123333
If they don't respond they didn't respond, so just give up.
>>
>>53123333
Just do it. If they take the bait, reel them in. If they don't, aim for a new fish.
>>
>>53123131
I posted an application in the serpent's skull game, would it be rude of me to write an application for your game as well? I don't wanna come off as a harlot.
>>
File: 1467878612428.png (156KB, 1175x849px) Image search: [Google]
1467878612428.png
156KB, 1175x849px
>>53123333
Wist is a really easy (probably qt asian) girl, go for her.
>>
>>53123622
Stop that!
even if one "win" does boost the confidence
>>
>>53123594
I'll be honest, ya gave me a snicker.
I don't mind, no. Appreciate the courtesy.
>>
>>53123594
you are a harlot tho
>>
>>53123681
Sweet, well expect one extra application in the coming days. Roleplaying an evil as fuck undead sounds metal.
>>53123685
You take that back! I'm a hired escort, nothing more!
>>
>>53123755
How much for a long night of romance and loooove
>>
>>53123755
How much for handholding and deito and kissu
>>
>>53123594
I mean, I did too but I'm gonna apply.

Always the chance I won't get into Serpent's Skull

Or this one.

;_;
>>
>>53123909
Serpent's skull?
Why you would play such shitty AP?
Is worse than Second Darkness or Council of Thieves.
>>
>>53123945
Holy shit that was fast
>>
>>53123937
Its not bad at all. Its just the tone needs to be reworked which a good GM can do on a whim. Luckily this game is being run by a good GM
>>
>>53123968
What makes Rory a good GM?
>>
>>53123945
What the actual hell?
>>
>>53123968
>Luckily this game is being run by a good GM

genuinely can't tell if this is bait
>>
what the hell is going on
>>
>>53123968
I'm willing to believe you but I demand stories.
>>
>>53123968
Is a clusterfuck.
They tried to make it a "Pulp" themed AP and fuck it royally because they couldn't get right the tone of Edgar Rice Burroughs, Clark Ashton Smith or Robert E. Howard stories.
>>
>>53123968
>>53123988
>>53124003

The only thing I remember from Rory as a GM is how he posted on pfg blaming the avowed co writer for spoiling his campaign and saying it's the avowed's fault, before she replied saying his game didn't even run enough sessions for her to use any class features
>>
>>53124057
Its a tone thing. The GM usually sets the tone through clever wordplay I thought.

At least that was the case with other APs like rise of the rune lords and stuff like that.
>>
>>53122716
>>53122655
It's made even better by the setup for it.

A few weeks before we met the paladin, we accidentally got trapped in a fantasy version of the Hotel California, which was run by evil outsiders pretending to be human, including a succubus. The succubus was into the sorcerer, who had figured out what the succubus really was. To prevent getting her soul sucked out, she tried to bluff that she was married to high-level paladin (which is ironic since she's played by a lesbian). Nat. Fucking. 20. And because half the party had ridiculous stealth bonuses, we were able to overhear it too, and believed it. Once we got out, she told us that she'd lied, and so we vowed to make it a truth. And so we set her up with this paladin.
>>
>>53123945
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
New thread?

>>53124127
>>53124127
>>53124127
>>53124127
>>53124127
>>
>>53124081
Care to elaborate?
The problem with Serpent's Skull is that fails to make you feel as a hero in the first part as the PCs work as the errand boys of the factions involved in the events and later you must use diplomacy for fight against the antagonists, recruiting more factions.
>>
>>53124129
bahahahahah
>>
>>53124129
Holy shit. Didn't even last three minutes.
>>
>>53124129
Just as planned
>>
what's going on
>>
>>53124081
Wait
Rory is the one GMing the serpent skull game?
>>
>>53124129
>>53123945
This should be a fairly clear message: FUCK OFF.
>>
>>53124129
This one doesn't even have a bad question desu
>>
>>53124135
>Fails to make you feel as a hero

How long does that last? Because as a first part for a Lv.1 adventure path that's not so terrible, especially since in theory only a few of the PCs should be familiar with the area.
>later you must use diplomacy for fight against the antagonists, recruiting more factions

A clever DM could easily offer you alternatives to Diplomacy. Maybe you have something they really want, or maybe you can bully smaller factions to help. You could even trick them, it's been done before in history.
>>
>>53124174
>anime op

Doesn't matter if the question is good.
>>
>>53124182
tpage3anon
>>
>>53124212
new thread
>>
>>53124182
>Fuck if its a good OP I'm just a whiny cunt who doesn't like anime pics

Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>53124215
Is this the mod himself desu
>>
>>53124063
Ok yeah I did bitch about avowed for a bit. But this was a while back and it just reawakened some salt in me anyhow. I'm not gonna retain that salt though

Avowed is growing on me
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.