[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nids or Cult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2130.jpg (73KB, 465x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2130.jpg
73KB, 465x431px
Starting a new army for 40k after 8th gets released, but can't decide on faction. Tyranids or Genestealer Cults?
>>
>>53119420
Orks.
>>
>>53119434
Nah
>>
File: hybrid[1].jpg (146KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid[1].jpg
146KB, 800x800px
Hey pal, heard you was lookin' to join up wit one a them crews runnin' 'round dees streets. Yer a tough-lookin' dude, so you'd proably be able ta just waltz right in wherever you please. But listen, buddy. Time's are changing. Thing's ain't gonna be all hunky dorey like they are now, oh no. Somethin' big is comin' real soon.

You ever look up into the sky and just wonder... 'when's he coming?' When's he gonna get here? You know who I'm talking about. The head honcho. The Big Man Upstairs.

Emperor? Yeah sure, something like that. I'm not talking about no two-armed little dweeb, takin' his ten-thousand year dump on his golden can. Nah, forget him, pal, he ain't comin back.

I'm talkin' about ol Four-arms. The big boss. He's on his way you know. Gotta get ready. Shit's about about to hit the fan. I know what side I wanna be on.

Tell you what, me and the boys from the Mining guild are gonna be at the saloon tonight. You should come by for a drink. I'll fill you in on what we got in store, for when da boss get's here.

Not interested? Well alright pal. Keep an extra eye open, and an extra hand on that pistol. Things are gonna get worse before they get better. See ya around.
>>
>>53119574
So Cults
>>
>>53119420
Maybe you should wait until 8th drops and then decide
>>
>>53119736
I said I'm waiting until after 8
>>
>>53119420
Why not both?
>>
File: unyuufex.jpg (219KB, 290x2000px) Image search: [Google]
unyuufex.jpg
219KB, 290x2000px
>>53119420
Nids are cuter
>>
>>53119420
cults have a smaller and uniformly new model range you can appreciate easily

tyranids require way more abd it will be thematically fitting and easier at a game play level if you will want to build a nid swarm to accompany the cult force
>>
>>53119420
cults are more interesting to me, their interaction with society, internal chierarchy etc. seems much more interesting and customizable to me than the generic alien bug attack shtick of the normal tyrandis
>>
>>53119420
They have different narratives. Tyranids come to devour all life, but you can have fun with filling all of the huge gaps this simple motivation leaves.

I came up with a hive fleet which doesn't destroy the atmosphere of planets, but rather infests them with bacteria-like poisonous feeder-organisms, which harness the power of the sun through photosynthesis. The tyranids feed off of this "livestock" until the fleet is replenished enough to head off to a different planet, although some organisms stay on what is now a green globe, toxic and completely uninhabitable by anything not tyranid in origin.

Genestealer cults always have the undeground organization theme, think Shadow over Innsmouth.
While the genestealers stay largely the same, the way they interact with the societies they are trying to infest does not.

On the basis of painting, Tyranids are rather monotone. A Tervigon will feel largely the same as a Termagant, just with more to do.
Genestealer cults are more diverse, since they utilize tools and vehicles.
Keep in mind that GSC models tend to have AdMech tier tiny mechanical details which can be a pain in the ass to paint neatly.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.