[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with GM's who just 'No' everything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Wizard Lizard.jpg (184KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard Lizard.jpg
184KB, 1024x1365px
How to deal with GM's who just 'No' everything?
>>
>>53111875
Get a new GM.
>>
File: 1473010459250.jpg (88KB, 399x486px) Image search: [Google]
1473010459250.jpg
88KB, 399x486px
>"TALK TO THEM"

Should we always just assume there's some reason why talking to them is not a good idea?
>>
>>53111875
Always ask them to justify why they said no. If the refuse, or their reasons are unreasonable, then >>53111885
>>
>>53111928
They'll probably say 'No' when you greet them.
I guess you should call the hospital, I think he's having a stroke or something.
>>
>>53111875
...define "everything" because I have no idea what you mean or how to deal with something as ill defined as "Gm wont let me do stuff"
>>
>>53111989
Near enough any attempt to parlay is outright noped, characters tend to get left in the dust while one is insanely favoured, NPCs don't say a word and any attempt to get them to open up is met with stony silence

Doubtful that talking will do anything to change the deal, generally the whole thing feels highly railroaded and a bit of character wank for one guy while me and another just sort of watch
>>
>>53112047
Oh well thats easy then. Talk to the gm like an adult (Not during a session mind you, that has the air of being called out and it tends to make people defencive) and if it doesnt pan out then find another game.
>>
Start your own game. With blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>53112047
Just leave then, not worth the battle. DM gas autism
>>
>>53111875
Rape him. Give him a real reason to be saying "no"
>>
>>53112161
Actually, forget about the game.
>>
>>53112632
This guy
>>
>>53111875
Phrase your questions so that they answer with a double-negative, allowing your action.
>>
File: crybaby.jpg (23KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
crybaby.jpg
23KB, 360x360px
>a bloo bloo I got a natural 20 trying to seduce the town guard captain after I rolled without even asking the DM whether there was a chance, but I got a nat20 and those are special because whenever they get a nat20 on Critical Roll something cool happens, so that means if the DM says no he is anti-fun and thus I should make a thread whining about it on /tg/
>>
>>53118796
>Posting such low quality bait

Step up your game senpai
>>
>>53111875
Give examples. You may be the problem.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.