[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starcraft lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 52

File: Adept_SC2-LotV_Head3.jpg (25KB, 152x232px) Image search: [Google]
Adept_SC2-LotV_Head3.jpg
25KB, 152x232px
All games and side lore elements welcome, except phoenix force Kerrigan.

Let's talk about about why the purifiers are the best thing to come from starcraft 2
>>
>>53111585
Why don't the protoss just use prosthetics instead of clumbsy dragoons? We know they can as we've seen Karax's Doc Ock Locks
>>
>>53112056
If you think about it they could pop those guys into anything yet for some reason they don't. Carrier? Why not put a person's soul in it for MAXIMUM GLORY? Probe? Lololol. Nexus? You're like a zerg building now, all alive and self-aware n stuff. Scout? Fuck with the pilot by overriding all of his commands with your own.
>>
>>53112107
>>53112056
Must be a tradition thing. I mean hell the Taldarim's version of immortals are done as a punishment.
>>
>>53111585
>the purifiers
That's not how you spell Tal'darim, sithtoss is besttoss
>>
>>53111585
Nobody cares about shitcraft
>>
>>53112177
I'd say it's half tradition half practicality. They honestly might frequently use prosthetics for most of their soldiers, and the dragoons and immortals are just the ones that got thoroughly trashed. If they have a limited number of really powerful mechs that have almost as much mobility as infantry, why not put the ones that gave everything inside them so they can continue to kick arse even when they got stomped?
>>
>>53113293
That's a pretty good take on it, more cyborgs would be neat

also robot adepts > organic adepts
>>
>>53111585
Alarak was the best thing to come from SC2. The Purifiers were fucking nothing, and "Not-Fenix" was a stupid character.
>>
>>53112056

Prosthetics have to be customized and depend on the degree of injury.

Dragoons can be standardized and simply hold a tank for anyone too crippled to fight.
>>
>>53115191
He just has a boner for robots and men of gold, let him have his fun

I do like the white and gold motife they had
>>
So... protoss vs covenant how does it go?
>>
>>53115458
The covenant are kinda OP by most settings standards, near startrek levels
>>
File: 1411748855203.gif (144KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1411748855203.gif
144KB, 126x126px
>>53116244
>>53115458
Space magic lmao followed by purification beams.
>>
>>53116309
>two factions
>one galaxy
All that will be left are lots of glass balls in space
>>
>>53115458
Covanent wins, no question. Starcraft fag here since BW but the Covenant are so much larger than them and their tech is on par or even better.

the only downside is Psychic power but we don't really know how much of a difference this would make.
>>
>>53111585
>Let's talk about about why the purifiers are the best thing to come from starcraft 2

Opinions, anon, opinions.

>phoenix force Kerrigan
"...And then she turns into the sun"

Nice writing, Chris.
>>
>>53116354
Hell the psionics might be why they covies go to war in the first place, the prophets see it as a danger to their perceived divinity, but the protoss are great at making up for lower numbers, high templar, dark templar, robots, and that's not even getting into the sub factions
>>
>>53116375
Whelp ya got me there, and honestly o can put up with alot, I enjoyed the star wars prequels and 3 transformers movies, but that epilogue campaig, I just have to assume something else happened because the settings in a pretty good place after that at least
>>
>>53116354
What about Heart of the Swarm era zerg (pre-Space Jesus Kerrigan)? All it took was a single larva to cause the death of an entire Carrier worth of Protoss and send an entire hive of zerg to who-knows-where.
>>
>>53116460
Zerg infection abilities are pretry nasty, but not all that different from the flood, their hatched forms though are much more deadly, infested elites and brutes would make for some real nightmares too
>>
>>53116530
You are missing the real money, infested lekgo worms.... imagine scarab and hunters made with organic zerg carpace, with bioplasma belching weapons
>>
That crossover stuff makes me wonder what the bestimate kind of new race one could add to the setting would be, like a proper alien race, not hybrids or new terran zerg and protoss factions
>>
>>53116731
Well, we already have the ancient super-advanced race with space magic (Protoss), The young scrappy underdogs who survive because HFY (Terrans) and the Hive-mind like alien swarms (Zerg).

What archetype would you want to add, in the first place?
>>
>>53116948
Tau
>>
>>53111585
but guys it's starcraft. don't you know kerrigan is literally the main character and the only reason they're making starcraft 1 remastered is to shove more kerrigan dindu nuffin down our throats
>>
>>53117241
I don't give 2 shits about Kerrigan, I'm here to talk lore
>>
>>53117253
but kerrigan is the lore. she's the main characterrr
>>
File: selendis.jpg (92KB, 830x720px) Image search: [Google]
selendis.jpg
92KB, 830x720px
Selendis a Cute
>>
File: starcraft race swap (2).jpg (168KB, 1596x690px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft race swap (2).jpg
168KB, 1596x690px
>>53117335
indeed she is
>>
File: starcraft race swap.jpg (95KB, 960x621px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft race swap.jpg
95KB, 960x621px
>>
File: lol.png (756KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
756KB, 960x540px
>>53111585
>except pheonix force Kerrigan
Try to stop me
>>
Question.

Is Marsaro in this thread?
>>
File: What have I got in my pocket.gif (666KB, 256x249px) Image search: [Google]
What have I got in my pocket.gif
666KB, 256x249px
>>53118594
>Slaughtered more people than any other character
>Literally roflstomped her way through the lore
>Gets away with all of it
>Is rewarded with godhood

Is Kerrigan the most successful villain in Blizzard history?
>>
File: hybrid wall068-1280x800.jpg (334KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid wall068-1280x800.jpg
334KB, 1280x800px
>>53118612
who?

>>53118594
STOP
>>
>>53118668
well she did have to stop being a villain to do that last chunk, I'd have prefered redemption with more consequence to her, but its hard to say how much "herself" she even was while evil
>>
>>53117241

Kerrigan wasn't a dindu in SC1, though. She was an out and out psychotic bitch.
>>
File: hype_train.png (834KB, 823x544px) Image search: [Google]
hype_train.png
834KB, 823x544px
>>53118678
Can't stop won't stop
>>
>>53115458
>>53116244
>>53116354
Depends on which era of the Protoss we're talking. Pre-SC1 might give them a tough fight, BW on loses straight up, and Ancient Protoss might very well win if they bring everything out.
>>
File: lassara rip.png (790KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lassara rip.png
790KB, 1280x720px
>>53118704
>but its hard to say how much "herself" she even was while evil

She was plenty herself when she did this.
>>
>>53118744
and the other option was to be killed by the golden armada
>>
>>53118772
I still say Lassara was a wasted character.

I really really really wanted them to use her as a moral opposition/soundboard for Kerrigan's character, like how Horner was for Raynor.

As it stands, Swarm had no real opposing character on Kerrigan's leviathan.

They could've written something else in to counter the Armada. They didn't need to sac Lassara so early.
>>
>>53118772
Or she could have just left.
That was always an option.
If I recall, the only thing that ice world gave her was a gene splice of cold resistance zerg.
>>
>>53118772
>>53118744
Why not negotiate with Artanis and the Protoss? I doubt Mengsk was precisely on good terms with them, and having Kerrigan on a leash controlling the remaining Zerg would have been fairly good for the Protoss too. Considering Zeratul still had Artanis' ear, it's unlikely he'd straight up have her killed, and when they realize Raynor's alive Artanis would be on board with saving him too. He'd then have both Kerrigan and Raynor to assist with the retaking of Aiur, or atleast avle to provide resources for it.

Kerrigan misplayed hard.

>>53118827
I get the feeling Stukov was going to be that, but he comes in too late to be effective and 75% of what he says gets rolled over by Kerrigan's rhetoric.
>>
Starcraft TTRPG game when
>>
>>53118827
I agree, one gets the impression her arc was cut for time and her presence simply a recycling of what they had made so far.

on the debate, there is a decent difference between Queen Bitch kerrigan and the kerrigan killing a ship out of desperation, namely in that Bitch! Kerrigan would gloat and rub people's faces in it, this one just sort of... hated doing it, more in the dirty business sense, granted her enemies care little either way as they have no reason to give a chance, and she knows it, making it even more fucked a situation
>>
>>53118878
>>53118866
Fun fact. Lassara's original character concept was exactly what >>53118827 described.

But they cut it for time.
>>
>>53118895
>>53118878
Something else of note it how that arc ended, what with the Super Queen hellbent on killing all Protoss, and that that particular Queen never appeared again, from what I recall.
>>
>>53118876
Look up Starcraft Alternity, it's a bit old but works, would be a problem if you want anything based off of more recent starcraft content

>>53118866
indeed a misplay, should have either been played as her mental state not being all there due to her revenge boner at the time or generally admitted as a tragic mistake on all angles, but the writing on HotS was all over the place
>>
>>53111585
i stopped liking starcraft after playing wol
i haven't even played hots and lotv campaigns, only multiplayer

blizzard never fail to impress at how good are they are at killing good games
>>
Legit opinion.

I've thought very long and very hard over the years about Kerrigan's character arc. And this is my tldr conclusion.

Kerrigan is a good character. The heart of her characterization is identity struggle, which is a very human struggle. It applies to most everyone.

However.

Any chance her character had to be workable in the narrative was butchered by the romantic subplot and, finally, the Chosen One plot.

Her characterization wasn't the problem.

It was how the narrative treated her.

She's like a well-made pc that the DM gave too much to and then let them get away with a bunch of shit.
>>
>>53118925
yeah Niadra is just a floating plot hook they could drop on the setting any time they like and it would work, hell I'd live it if the next zerg campaign was with her as the protagonist, especially with the latest Book Establishing Abathur in opposition to Overqueen Zagara's Regime and likely eager for a brood mother eager to Murder the other races and generally be his puppet ruler to make the zerg great again
>>
File: female_zealot_by_dio_dong.jpg (1MB, 3000x2300px) Image search: [Google]
female_zealot_by_dio_dong.jpg
1MB, 3000x2300px
>>53119009
but I quite like you, have zealot grill
>>
>>53119069
Adepts > Zealots
>>
>>53119069
Thank you, I'll be here all week.

>>53119009
Tldr tldr, I don't hate Kerrigan. I hate her story.
>>
>>53119009
You know the whole "chosen one plot" was a ruse, right?
There is no Tassadar ghost. The entire Overmind vision was a fabrication. It was just Ouros showing Zeratul something he would believe so the prelate would get his ass in gear and not let Kerrigan die.
Ouros needed someone to control the zerg or else that's just a whole entire faction donated to Amon's forces. It wasn't that Kerrigan was particularly special in that case, just that she was a pin to keep the zerg anchored.

Ascending to godhood at the end? Again, a matter of convenience. Needed someone to get the xel'naga juice and she was already the strongest telepath in the vicinity with purity of form. That just made her good enough. The other option was Artanis and he's too much of a warrior, and also has to be a leader to his people and can't just abandon them to be a god.

Kerrigan got the lucky breaks because nobody else was in a position to get the lucky breaks. God is whoever does God's job.
>>
>>53119129
>You know the whole "chosen one plot" was a ruse, right?
You know I played the games, right?

>defending the shitty writing this hard.
>>
File: 1493906416453.jpg (215KB, 1464x817px) Image search: [Google]
1493906416453.jpg
215KB, 1464x817px
>The best character in SC2 was the sarcastic asshole villain who probably built a cross-faction harem afterwards for giggles.

>>53119149
I don't believe he's defending it, just pointing something out.
>>
>>53119175
And I get what he's pointing out. I understand why, within the context of the world, it was necessary.

I'm just saying from, a meta perspective, making Kerrigan the child of prophecy was a poor way to go.

A part of me did enjoy that everyone got suckered by Ouros, tho.

For the greater good ofc.
>>
>>53119194
yeah, despite being ok with force ghost tassadar the reveal that it was actually a ruse was pretty clever, but yeah making it needed for kerrigan to get godhood was just stupid
>>
File: prophecy.png (189KB, 800x342px) Image search: [Google]
prophecy.png
189KB, 800x342px
>>53119129
>You know the whole "chosen one plot" was a ruse, right?
Is that why her image is carved into a millenia-old prophecy wall?
>>
File: primal ultralisk.jpg (348KB, 1400x904px) Image search: [Google]
primal ultralisk.jpg
348KB, 1400x904px
>>53119278
>>53119278
because that's when the writers wanted her to be the chosen one, then they changed their minds, I just want the series to move past 2 and do things with its setting again, because the potential is still there
>>
File: amon.jpg (23KB, 250x381px) Image search: [Google]
amon.jpg
23KB, 250x381px
Was Amon a mistake?
>>
>>53112056

Because dragoons were created before the Starcraft lore went to shit
>>
>>53119303
>because that's when the writers wanted her to be the chosen one, then they changed their minds
They changed their minds?

That scene was from LotV.

When exactly did they change their minds?
>>
>>53119278
That was probably made by Ouros too. It's a xel'naga temple after all.
>>
File: Ouros_SC2-LotV_Cine2.jpg (476KB, 1012x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ouros_SC2-LotV_Cine2.jpg
476KB, 1012x1080px
Who else here actually liked Ouros's design?
>>
>>53118983
>Look up Starcraft Alternity, it's a bit old but works, would be a problem if you want anything based off of more recent starcraft content
I mean more "When will someone other than me GM a game"
>>
>>53119310
not specifically but I'd like it if he had stayed dead, with Duran/narud being the primary villain acting on his will

>>53119348
ehh it was alright

>>53119324
oh, I had a brainfart, yeah then I'm just remembering wrong
>>
File: Narud.png (381KB, 561x600px) Image search: [Google]
Narud.png
381KB, 561x600px
Were all Xel'naga shapeshifters, or just Duran?
>>
>>53119451
I think all of them were. Ouros could take the form of Tassadar and Kerrigan took her human form in the last cinematic.

If they really are Void creatures, and if (as Karax said) matter/energy/information were all mutable to them, it makes sense that they could shift their physical forms at will.
>>
>>53119451
I imagine they get to decide their material world body shape outside of the void. Duran probably wanted one that could shapeshift just like Amon wanted one that was super strong.
>>
>>53117241
If they fuck with the story of Starcraft to try and make it mesh better with SC2 I will burn down their headquarters.

Metaphorically burn the fucking building to the ground. Hypothetically.
>>
>>53119662
Literally, all they are doing is a graphics update that they are charging for. Otherwise, they cannot touch even a single line of code or else it will break the game in half. So, don't worry, your Brood War is safe.
>>
>>53119766
yeah, even the designs are being preserved, no retroactive use of new designs
>>
>>53112056
Dragoons are for "shove 'im in a dreadnought" tier injuries
>>
>>53117335
Concur. She was wasted in LotV.
>>
>>53120338
here is my hopes a zerg campaign like >>53119022 said, and a Protoss campaign with Selendis as the protag, commanding from her mother ship
>>
>>53119766
Not touching gameplay, yeah, but I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if some exec said "Hey, while you're at it, do you think you could change a little bit of this dialogue? Kerrigan, in particular, we were thinking that-"
>>
>>53120400
what I hear is that the only thing with the dialogue is just cleaning up the audio
>>
>>53120430
That's encouraging.
>>
>>53119129
>and she was already the strongest telepath in the vicinity with purity of form. That just made her good enough. The other option was Artanis and he's too much of a warrior, and also has to be a leader to his people and can't just abandon them to be a god.

A few things here: Kerrigan has to be leader of her people and can't abandon them to be god, but she did. And there was another candidate, as well: Stukov. Who out-psionic'd Xel'Naga on multiple occasions, and whom Abathur stated was a better Purity of Form specimen than even he could create (which means Kerrigan).
>>
>>53120825
>Kerrigan has to be leader of her people and can't abandon them to be god
No she doesn't. Kerrigan owes no obligations to the swarm. At that point, they didn't even need her to guard against Amon, since the primary threat of Amon was over. They follow her exclusively because she is the strongest psionic source which dominates the zerg.
>And there was another candidate, as well: Stukov. Who out-psionic'd Xel'Naga on multiple occasions, and whom Abathur stated was a better Purity of Form specimen than even he could create (which means Kerrigan).
Abathur said Stukov's improvements were second to Primal Kerrigan in any case. But I guess xel'naga Stukov could have been neat, sure.
>>
>>53120825
>>53120962
Stokove DID demonstrate his power by murdering the fuck out of True form Narud
>>
>>53119278
I'm buying, aliens duped the aliens
>>
so what sort of alternate universe would you say CooP takes place in?
>>
>>53120338
Probably because LotV was a big waste. Everything felt like Blizzard only made it because they had to.
>>
>>53120430
Supposedly they brought in the SC2 VAs for some recording sessions that coincide with the production of remastered, but there's nothing concrete saying it wasn't just for some HotS or further SC2 work.
>>
>>53121768
hmm, that could just be to redo the lines and make them more consistent, I mean I wouldn't mind some minor drops like establishing Fenix was just back from an assignment on the Glacius facility or something to that effect
>>
I will never not be massively annoyed the destroyed the Khala in LOTV it was one of the things that made the Protoss pretty unique as a race, keeping it around would have justified DT reuniting with the mainline Protoss as protectors of the Khala

Tal'darim and Alarak of course stole the show
>>
>Protoss hero units from the BW bonus campaigns are the champions you use as Talandar in Co-Op

Now that's a nice touch.
>>
>>53122561
I gotta say he is one of the most well presented Heroes in the Co-op mode, much better start then Stukov got, and I love the white and gold color pallet, gives an almost angelic feel to his faction, the only thing that bugged me really was the new Colossus skins, they don't look bad but they already had a Purifier skin that looked even better
>>
>>53118461
how would the collosolisk even play?
>>
>>53122561
Not just Enslavers either, one is from the N64 exclusive mission, Talis is from the Prologue with Zeratul, and the Robo Zealot is the one eye'd dude from the opening cutscene, also fun easter egg, if you get all six out, the next probe you make will be a psuedo hero, named for the Probe in Heroes of the storm
>>
>>53122976
Which is the probe from the LotV intro.
>>
>>53122870
Vomit in lines.

>>53122063
SC2 has a lot of issues in writings and theme.
I get that the Khala is the destruction of the old ways, but old ways have been gone since broodwar days when the two templars united.

I just hate Starcraft at every level
I hate the micro intensive multiplayer.
>Yes, I'm a sub 50APM scrub, but you could at least play SC 1 at that scrub level.
I hate how the campaign is so fucking shit at teaching you the game by introducing stuff that you will never use in multiplayer.
I hate the story so fucking much at every level. I admit that I'm not a writer so I can't actually write anything better, but dear fucking god it was insufferable and I wanted to edit every part of it.
>>
>>53123020
>I just hate Starcraft at every level
then why are you here? I mean... you can hate it all you want just fine, that's alright by me, but... why come to this thread then?

and personally I like that the campaign isn't a glorified tutorial for multiplayer
>>
>>53123060
Starcraft 2 was such a waste, and yes it makes me very angry.

This is /tg/ people come to be angry.
>>
File: NHdXbkl.jpg (280KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NHdXbkl.jpg
280KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: IMG_20170505_013134_661.jpg (53KB, 343x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_013134_661.jpg
53KB, 343x581px
>>53123535
Hot DAMN that Protoss Ass.
>>
>>53123587
Ahem, you mean protass.
>>
File: 1493815024446.jpg (214KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
1493815024446.jpg
214KB, 764x665px
>>53123652
Well played.
>>
>>53123116
I used to be bothered by Starcraft 2.
Then I remembered how bad Cataclysm was.
Then Age of Sigmar came out.

So I just chilled the fuck out and played Heroes Of The Storm, laughing about the idea of Egyptian Tassadar and Egyptian Zagara fucking. Because I'm too old for this shit to be a stress factor in my life, and I'm only 26.
>>
>>53123535
We need more protoss booty in our lives, both organic protass and purifier robutt
>>
>>53123772
Reminds me of Tf fans reacting to tf energon, it made them reconsider theit opinions of armada, of beast machines, of go bots and of sniffing glue
>>
>>53116731
They already did add a new race by revealing the xel naga. Which are essentially Cthulhu meets Chaos from 40k.
If it wasnt for the esport scene and muh pure starcraft multiplayer they would have been a 4th playable race
>>
Reminder that Kerrigan became an Avatar of Khaine.
>>
>>53119348
He looked like a giant tumorous testicle. Which made Raynor's "you are going to turn into one of them, no" really funny.
>>
>>53111585
The best thing to come out of starcraft 2 is Abathur
>>
>>53118461
>>53118425
Anymore of these?
>>
>>53124314
Assessment, agreeable, prefer Alarak.
>>
>>53124381
I second this/hope there is.
I now want to see a race swap of every unit.
A Protoss Odin or Thor.
A Zerg mothership.
A Terran infected Zerg buildings!
>>
>>53119104
T H I C C
H
I
C
C
>>
>>53124504
>A Terran infected Zerg buildings!

It makes sense, when you think about it.

Zergs are mindless, and can interface with Terran tech.

It'd make sense to do the same the other way around. Give implants to Overlords and control the swarm through them.
>>
File: Selendis face.png (225KB, 439x513px) Image search: [Google]
Selendis face.png
225KB, 439x513px
>>53117335
Indeed she is
>>
>>53111585
>>53117335
Selendis was pretty awesome in WoL but came to short in LotV. That's a shame.
I really would like a Selendis mission pack, or one for this hive queen who was on the way to Aiur.
>>
>Artanis asks Alarak to join his unified Protoss utopia
>Alarak declines. Probably called him a fag too.
The best part of LotV.
>>
>>53124739
you sure it isn't Zeratuls death so he doesn't have to witness super saiyajin Kerrigan?
>>
>>53120825
>and whom Abathur stated was a better Purity of Form specimen than even he could create (which means Kerrigan).
3 things

1-Stukov didn't have purity of Essence. Primal zerg have purity of Essence, not mainstream zerg.

2-When the fuck did Abathur say Stukov had purity of Form? He said he was super psionic only.

3-Abathur did not create primal Kerrigan. Her re-infestation was a combination of random ancient primal strains. Abathur didn't even touch her.
>>
>>53125110
I don't think it was really that she was being reinfested, but more that she was being reborn, spawned as her own pure primal strain. You're right though that Abathur didn't have a hand in it, he even suggested avoiding it.
>>
File: Protoss biology.png (3MB, 1539x840px) Image search: [Google]
Protoss biology.png
3MB, 1539x840px
>>53119069
WHY THE FUCK WOULD PROTOSS HAVE TITS?
THEY GOT NO MOUTHS!
THEY GOT ZERO FUCKING ORIFICES WHATSOEVER!
TITS ARE FOR BREASTFEEDING!
YOU CAN'T BREASTFEED IF YOUR BABBY HAS NO MOUTHS, WHICH PROTOSS BABBIES CLEARLY DO NOT HAVE ACCORDING TO THE LORE!

WHY WOULD PROTOSS CHICKS HAVE TITS?
>>
>>53125397
Women don't have tits to feed babies.

Less-than-A-cup mammaries are enough to feed infants. Hell, men getting certain treatments (or just believing very, very hard that they need to) can lactate.

Tits, as we know them, are purely for aesthetics, theorized to be a replacement for ass.
>>
>>53125435
Still makes no sense for the protoss to have em, given that PROTOSS DO NOT FUCKING HAVE ANY GOD DAMN HOLES ANYWAYS.
>>
>>53125452
Does she though? How do you know she isn't barbie-smooth under the armor?

It's a secondary sexual characteristic. It doesn't have to make sense, it has to differentiate the female from the males.

(not that having human-like sexual dimorphism make sense for the protoss in any way, shape, or form but w/e)
>>
File: bird-of-paradise-26.jpg (103KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
bird-of-paradise-26.jpg
103KB, 1000x564px
>>53125397
They're purely signaling features meant to attract mates. Like a peacock's tail or a bird of paradise's... whatever this is.
Evolution makes strange structures that don't always relate to environmental fitness. Social fitness is a factor in social species.
>>
>>53125486
Because the lore, straight from the Starcraft Field Manual that came with LotV here>>53125397 says that they got zero orifices.
No holes.

>>53125496
Protoss females having secondary sexual characteristics that are exactly the same as human females is fucking lazy as fuck from Blizzard.
>>
>>53125517
>Because the lore, straight from the Starcraft Field Manual that came with LotV here>>53125397 says that they got zero orifices.
>No holes.

That's what "barbie-smooth" means. No nipples.

She doesn't HAVE to lactate to have tits. Tits are for aesthetics.
>>
>>53125517
>Protoss females having secondary sexual characteristics that are exactly the same as human females is fucking lazy as fuck
Dude, it's typical science fiction convention that all sympathetic alien races have the same great ape musculature and only have weird heads, hands, or legs below the thighs.
Pretty much every science fiction obeys this contrivance. It's just easier to draw and relate to a bipedal great ape with two eyes.
Complaining about breasts is just as petty as complaining about chins or elbows with ~170 degrees of flexion.
>>
File: Artanis_SC1_Art2.jpg (14KB, 279x315px) Image search: [Google]
Artanis_SC1_Art2.jpg
14KB, 279x315px
>>53125549
Yes, and I am pissed that the protoss no longer look like this.
>>
>>53125525
Shit tier aesthetics for pathetic nerds who demand that all aliens have to be hot.
>>
>>53125609
I see great ape pectorals and biceps still. Those forearms are a little funky, but all in all until you reach the hips it's pretty much a great ape (ignoring the lack of jaw and mouth obviously).
>>
>>53125615
I'm not saying it's not stupid.

I'm just saying it's not as stupid as you make it sound.

Heck, if the Xel'naga had all these prophecies of a race that had tits, it sorta makes sense even.
>>
>>53125609
Alarak's slaves look like that.
>>
File: Terrans hate him.png (257KB, 1133x461px) Image search: [Google]
Terrans hate him.png
257KB, 1133x461px
>>53125609
>>
>>53118668
stronk womyn
>>
>>53125637
It's now my headcanon that Xel'naga love tits, so they seed worlds so that the females of every sapient race have tits.

Are the Xel'naga this based?
>>
>>53126061
But anon, the Zerg are phallic as shit!

Maybe all the Xel'naga races are based on tits and cocks. Maybe Purity of Form and Purity of Essence were meant to fuck all along.
>>
>>53126116
Maybe Xel'naga reproductive cycle is creating an entire proxy-races to act as your dick and as your vagina.
>>
>>53126116
>Zerg are phallic as shit
Why do Zagara, Ishza, and Kerrigan all have tits? Does Abathur just have a thing for tits?

Also, Abathur is vagina faced.
>>53126131
I thought that was already canon.
>>
>>53126158
>Why do Zagara, Ishza, and Kerrigan all have tits?

Kerrigan has tits cause she's a modified human. The rest have Kerrigan's DNA in them (I'm pretty sure that's why the Queens have tits now).

>Also, Abathur is vagina faced.

Maybe he also has Kerrigan DNA...
>>
>>53126180
>Kerrigan has tits cause she's a modified human. The rest have Kerrigan's DNA in them (I'm pretty sure that's why the Queens have tits now).
But why did she KEEP her tits after being infested when Abathur designed her? He's all about efficiency. So what is their actual function? Do they store psionic nerve bundles? Like her nerve cords or something?
>>
>>53126232
She also has high heels.

I suspect she needs to feel pretty and confident to use her psionic powers to their fullest. And also to keep Raynor mesmerized into doing suicidal shit for zerg poon.

Cant have her look look a sack of very efficient potatoes.
>>
>>53126232
Abathur obviously aimed for perfection when turning her into the queen of blades
>>
File: zk4.jpg (33KB, 600x260px) Image search: [Google]
zk4.jpg
33KB, 600x260px
>>53126316
He obviously succeeded.
>>
The true wasted opportunity is never having Abathur and Alarak in the same room.
>>
>>53118704

Why did there need to be a redemption at all? What happened corrupted to the core and queen bitch of the universe? Why happened to solemn vows to fucking murder her?

But I guess she's cute though so its all ok or something.
>>
>>53117335
why don't the protoss have mouths
>>
>>53112394
how do protoss procreate anyway
tal'darim ladies better be really loose considering the attrition
>>
>>53124512
>>53124381
Those are all I could find sorry
>>
>>53124976
He died giving artanis a haircut
>>
>>53125397
Ssshhhh it's not hard sci-fi, just relax
>>
>>53126116
Does that mean the hybrid were supposed to be all futas?

Semi serious them being hermaphrodites would make a degree of sense
>>
>>53126627
I'd personally kept the T and A but in place of heels, given a light didgitigrad legs with talons on the end
>>
>>53126722
The evil was the result of outside corruption making it ambiguous how much is really her, that said one gets the impression her betrayle in BW (which had no real logical reason other then to start kicking puppies) was the result of writer byass and her later treat ment is actually closer to the plans originally set up
>>
>>53126922
100% yes.
>>
>>53126722
>not wanting to get you're gf back from parasitic aliens
makes sense desu

>angry shouting right after witnessing murder of your friend
>solemn

it becomes more sketchy when she chose to turn back xeno, albeit she had reasons to and kept her personality. And individualistic zerg.
>>
>>53127037
Absolutly sketchy, it seems they wanted to go for a murky inner struggle rife with questionable decisions, alas HotS had huge issues with the writing and came off as rushed.... the freaking poochy ending
>>
>>53126728
They don't have any orifices whatsoever, they are closer to plants than mammals
>>
>>53126960
I got the impression that becoming zerg didn't overwrite her personality so much that the corrupt zerg genes (still influenced by Amon) brought her darkest but already existing personality traits to the forefront. So it was still her in control. It was just the darkest and meanest iteration of her.
>>
Starcraft 1 was about races. Starcraft 2 was about people.

Srsly, WoL was Jim getting Sarah. HotS was about Sarah getting Primal.
SC1 campaign was about rebels dethroning the Confederacy and becoming even worse, the search of Overmind for perfection and Protoss trying to survive and reclaim Aiur.
>>
>>53115191
John de Lancie is the best thing in everything he participates in.
>>
>>53127864
Fucking show stealer
>>
File: duran.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
duran.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>53119451
There were at least 4 others who were
>>
>>53128186
Duran (Starcraft) was because of Duran Duran (band) that was because of Barbarella's villain Duran Duran that tried to kill her in a pleasure machine. She would orgasm after orgasm until she died of pleasure.
>>
>>53119497
>Kerrigan took her human form in the last cinematic.
I'm sure that was just Narud again having secretly survived and was plotting revenge first by fucking with Raynor only to end up being fucked by Raynor instead.

He ain't complainin'.
>>
>>53112056
Because all of Starcraft is a w40k ripo-- I mean, inspired by.
>>
>tfw the Xel'nagas steered the evolution of countless species simply to create a middle school make bathroom stall equivalent of a magical realm on a galactic scale.
>>
>>53111585
>Let's talk about about why the purifiers are the best thing to come from starcraft 2
because the entire thing was shit
>>
>Halo lore thread
>some complaints but mostly discussion

>starcraft lore thread
>more then half complaints, as if wanting to prevent discussion
>>
>>53128820
>Halo thread
>no one but a bunch of people who are still nostalgic for babby's first fps care

>Starcraft
>The game that single handedly fucked the RTS market forever, that is still national sport, the turned a video game company into a phenomenon and got a horrible sequel

I wonder why one has more tempers flaring.
>>
>>53128820
starcraft lore used to be good
>>
>>53128949
>fucked the RTS market
It put the genre on the map

>horrible sequel
That's opinion
>>
>>53128585
And it's all canon.

Creating universes and evolving species to use as proxy genitals is literally how they fuck.

Xel'naga are pretty based, tbqh.
>>
>>53128991
>used to be
The lore is fine, the story was problem
>>
>>53128335
>people still believe this
>>
>>53128820
Try a Mass Effect one if you think this is bad. Maybe Dead Space too. Seen some variation with Bioshock threads on /tg/.
>>
>>53128999
>That's opinion
>Blizzard is rereleasing Broodwars
>All those thousands of dollards pumped into SC2 Tournaments didn't permanently kill the BW pro scene
nah anon. SC2 sucks, it's literally only good for custom maps and these are fucked over by the shitty arcade.
>>
>>53129043
Dead space has the benefit of its lore being still good even if people dislike the direction the game play and some story elements went.

Bioshock basically shooed out anyone who liked 1 and 2 and left only a sad circle of people fawning over elezabeth.

Mass Effect threads embrace that they are the bottom of the barrel and have aband ones shame or delusions of productivity or ledgitimacy, they are just there to enjoy the ride to oblivion

Horizon Zero Dawn threads don't even exist to my sadness
>>
SC2 did wonders for gameplay. It streamlined it and caters to hundreds of nuanced playstyles (not all of which are viable competitively)

The story on the other hand...
>>
>>53129045
>promoting and re-releasing an older game in what amounts to a classy side project means the new one sucks
>>
>>53129116
We all agree the story is flawed, sadly some of those seeds were planted in broodwar, the contention is on just how flawed it is, some see it as unsalvagabel others see it as worth while despite the issues etc.
>>
>>53129045
The older game being better doesn't mean the new one sucks, brood war has a dedicated player base who only play with the jenky quirks of brood war's controls, like people who only play classic xcom and think the new games are casualties garbage, they are wrong but that's another story
>>
>>53129155
>others see it as worth while despite the issues
And some people eat shit and should go fuck themselves with a cactus for enabling a game company's horrible mistakes
>>
>>53129128
>>53129176
>Being an SC2 babby
>>
>>53129097
Dead Space definitely suffers from lore issues but a lot of those are resolved if we just assume (and it is a very fair assumption) that humanity has been a bunch of walking Darwin Awards due to the influence of the Black Marker on Earth. It wanted, in fact needed, humanity to overpopulate and make otherwise horrible choices until they reached a certain level of pop density on various colonies and also had the tech level to mass produce markers. Isaac's repeatedly fried brain is the only possible excuse he has why he thought that Sovereign Colonies insane marker scribbles about "TURN IT OFF" wasn't another Marker madness induced trick. Seriously, Isaac, people writing Marker symbol gibberish is NEVER a good sign, man!

SupCom threads are rare but can be cool until they almost inevitably devolve into a "vs 40k" thread, assuming they last long enough. I do recall an interesting discussion on whether Reclamation would count as purification against Chaos, but since Chaos has an obvious energy component it almost certainly wouldn't end well.
>>
>>53129197
BW controlled like a fucking submarine
>>
>>53129176
One thing a lot of SC2 suffered from was way too many timed missions that artificially forced you to rush through the thread. The zerg campaign particularly loved pulling this shit.
>>
>>53129234
Yeah the markers basically guide races to suicide until convergence is the only option left.

That said I want to stick to the topic. What would peace between the terran and protoss actually look like if it happened? Will the UED ever be more then empty foreshadowing and live up to stukov's hype? Are any hybrid still alive and how do they react to their god being dead?
>>
>>53129241
>this game takes skill to play, this is why it's bad!
>>
>>53129254
On that I agree, I never said it was perfect, just that it isn't shit, people are too quick to lump things into harshly defined catagories
>>
>>53129290
>having a crappy interface is part of the gameplay
I bet you like monster hunter too
>>
>>53129313
The UI limits the amount off macro you can do and keeps army size a limiting factor. Other games released at the same time have no such restrictions, we can assume this was conscious.
>>
>>53126116
>Zerg
>phallic
>not gynoid
u wot
the zerg embody the horrors of female physiology

>their strength lies in reproduction and genetic recombination, their main structures are literally giant birthing machines
>hive structure, eusocial insects in the real world are composed mostly of non-breeding females with one breeding queen.
>steal genes from external sources (semen) and spit out abominations (childbirth) that then go on to fem-rape more
>drones (male members of eusocial insect species) are the lowest ranking parts of the zerg swarm
>women are less prone to genetic disease because of their X chromosome redundancy, would not be surprised if almost every zergling and hydralisk was female because maleness serves no purpose (no sexual reproduction) but genetic redundancy does (less errors when mass producing world-destroying monstrosities)
>Kerrigan's genetic induction obviously created a sort of pseudo-matriarchy with the new queens
>>
am i on /v/ now
>>
>>53129234
Problem with supcom threads is that supreme commander lore is FUCKING BORING AS SHIT.
It is so fucking dull.
Nobody likes Supreme Commander for the fucking lore or the story.
People like it for the massive scale, experimental units, and faction preference basically boils down to you liking some of the units of particular faction.
The sole reason I play Cybran is because picture related.
>>
>>53129349
Oh and don't forget that mutalisks literally fire explosive parasites out of a modified ovipositor
Not penis, ovipositor
All mutalisks are female
>>
>>53129350
/v/ would not even talk about it
>>
File: 1467301613728.jpg (35KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
1467301613728.jpg
35KB, 535x462px
>>53129290
>select 12
>pathing
>upgrade speed

I like sawing off my fingers with a butter knife, too.
>>
File: HotS alarak is a bully.png (152KB, 531x418px) Image search: [Google]
HotS alarak is a bully.png
152KB, 531x418px
>>53119175
Alarak is great.
I love playing as him in HotS, and bullying the shit out of both my team and the enemy team.
>>
>>53129349
No wonder I want to fuck a zerg and be assimilated into their hive.
>>
>>53129450
Indeed, his Coop army is fun too, feels like actually playing a proper supervillan
>>
>>53129234
You know, thinking about it this is a shit complaint because Isaac being a horrible judge on who and what to trust is his most consistent trait.

>The Nicole that turns out to be in his head
>Daina
>Stross
>The Nicole in his head again
etc etc
>>
>>53129504
Yeah.
The Ascendants are fucking crazy in the Co-op.
>>
>>53129313
The interface is a big part of the game. One of the main reasons SC was such a smash hit competitively and is still played to this day is that shitty, shitty engine and interface.

It caused the game to be so fucking difficult, it cannot be mastered by humans. There are simply too many things to do at once, each of them extremely difficult to master with a goddamn novel of little quirks and tricks. That's also why you had so many styles of play; some players prioritized unit control, and could make a small army a lethal fucking spec ops unit shitting on double their numbers. Others prioritized macro, and were simply capable of producing so much crap you drowned in it. Even stuff like creating a fast, reliable walloff is difficult in BW because the building collision is wonky as fuck. You have to know exactly what building placed next to what part of what other building creates a walloff that not only LOOKS like a walloff, but actually functions too.

The clunky, shitty, hot mess of an engine and interface is exactly what makes BW so, so special.
>>
>>53129295
FWIW I was uninvolved in the previous comments, just sharing my personal opinion.

Typically I love the challenge of basebuilding, developing, and then kicking ass. Mostly toying with the enemy. But when I consider it Dawn of War kind of burned me out on that with the goddamn obnoxious levels that force you to rebuild everytime a territory is attacked.
>>
>>53125110
Primal Zerg are stupid as fuck.
>>
>>53129613
Agreed.
I will never not be pissed off about the primal zerg bullshit.
It was a complete fucking retcon of the origins of the zerg.
>>
>>53129613
Doesn't make them non canon, tho.
>>
File: 1473526519232.jpg (31KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1473526519232.jpg
31KB, 625x626px
>>53129581
>>
>>53129750
That's not fucking b8 m8.
It is completely true.
Did you know that the 12 unit selection limit was a FUCKING DESIGN CHOICE, because it improved the game.
It was not a technical limitation or shit like that.
Unlimited unit selection made the game worse and it is one of the reasons why SC2's multiplayer is so fucking stale when compared to SC1. Unlimited unit selection encourages blobbing up your units into a single fucking deathball and smashing trough everything.
>>
>>53129613
I didn't mind them too much. The original lore from the first game effectively had them. Primal as "at an early stage of development." We know they were hard to handle because they are the reason why the Xel'Naga created the Overmind. The retcon is that the booklet states that the Overmind eventually consumed all life on Zerus so there shouldn't be any Primal Zerg left. Everything made part of the Swarm. Of course it's not even the big change, really, since the Xel'Naga were actually just Amon's faction all along and he was perfectly fine with just the Overmind and Swarm so it didn't really matter that any Primals survived.

Maybe them being intelligent is weird, but okay I guess they were already that developed. Besides, it wasn't just their unruliness that inspired the Overmind, they also remembered their supposed failure with the Protoss.

My big complain is that Kerrigan basically just turns herself back into the same damn Queen of Blades (only moooore powahfoool!!!1!) despite Abathur painstakingly creating her original form. They could have at least taken the change to redesign her but NOPE.
>>
>>53129840
The thing with the Primals is although they kept saying they weren't going to make a World/Worlds/Galaxy of Starcraft they very clearly were pulling a Warcraft 3 in terms of adding new characters and factions. This way the Zerg have a number of factions too, now, not just with the potential for rogue Queens and the occasional specialized creation like Abathur and Izsha who otherwise retain their own sentience the Primals allow them to have an even larger variety of Zerg who nevertheless can be individual characters even if they're part of a pack.Now they aren't just slaved to a hivemind or otherwise an individual willpower.

Also Stukov! Yay!
>>
>>53111585
>>>/v/
>>
So, I've asked around /v/ and people there either haven't played or don't like it, but does anyone else like the way they did 'Fenix' in LotV?
>>
>>53130060
>>53129840
I would have liked the primal zerg better if they were established not as the "original zerg" but as like an alpha or beta build of the zerg, before the later version 3.0s and 4.0s were made to be slaved to an overmind, makes them avoiding consumption feel more plausible because they could see it coming and hid properly
>>
>>53130396
It could have been better but I do like that the robot clone ended up taking his own name in the end, it's a nice aversion to the usual "clone=resurrection" angle
>>
>>53130399
They kind of were. They had been stuck with only life on Zerus to feed on and evolve, meanwhile the Swarm had consumed countless species across the stars to incorporate into themselves. The problem is they were STILL Zerg, they'd been modified just as much as the others, only they hadn't been enslaved to the Overmind so shortly after the two met again the Primals were already jacking the Swarms shit and pissing Abathur off.
>>
>>53130448
A purely robotic faction of the Protoss still feels weird, which is, I admit, probably silly because the Protoss have ALWAYS loved themselves some robutts.
>>
>>53130450
I do hope to see the primal zerg playable in coop, if only for the different mechanics they'd offer, but the terran need some love more then anything in coop right now
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>53129820
>It is completely true.
>>
>>53130533
How would people do a tabletop version with playable Zergs? Special units like Abathur still tend to go nuts without the hivemind giving them purpose but are otherwise function independently. And Infested Terran's retaining something of their original self isn't actually uncommon with lore. Terran or Protoss experiments to "free" Zerg, especially infested sapient species?

I suppose Zagara MIGHT grant more autonomy to select individuals. She has been weirdly magnanimous lately, though she may be a bit hesitant to give too much free reign after Abathur nearly fucked everything up. I otherwise think making the Queens more like Cerebrates was a good move though clearly not everyone should be running around as a Queen.

Maybe mutant strains of the Zerg hyper-evolutionary virus? Might create some zerg forms but otherwise let them retain some semblance of self. Maybe Terran/Rogue Protoss/Amon/Duran/Someone else doing stupid ass experiments - AGAIN.

Otherwise I think Primals are a good way to have individuality in a Zerg unit and you could have them assume more genetics from traditional zerg units into themselves so they'd be zerglings or hydralisks in appearance.
>>
>>53130700
Completely fine if bw is not your cup of tea, but that's a big reason why it got so big and lasted so long
>>
>>53129372
Not to mention there isn't that much depth to the factions.
The UEF are ruthless imperialists, the Aeone are fanatic zealots, the Seraphim are just aliens, and the Cybrans are the edgy-looking freedom fighters.
>>
>>53131017
Perhapse more leadership strains outside queens and brood mothers? Neo cerebrates bound to zagara? Smart overlords? Alpha zerg strains to act as field captains
>>
>>53131920
I can't be sure but weren't the old HK strain of Hydralisks bigger, badder and more independent?
>>
>>53130700
Not that anon, he's telling the truth.

You can laugh about it, but it's basically the secret behind it's success.
>>
>>53132113
I just fail to see how an iferor interface can make a game better, isn't more control better by default?
>>
What would you like to see in a continued starcraft story?
>>
>>53133623
Not a story idea but I'd like to see them use sub factions as a way to expand the race selection without shoehorning a new race into it, options for UED, Tal'darim, infested etc.
>>
>>53133623
UED coming back and wreck face.
>>
>>53134207
Totally behind this idea. Something like what Sins of a Solar Empire did in Rebellion.
>>
>>53134307
We even got a prototype for it in coop commanders going on right now
>>
>>53129840
Weirdest retcon was the UED showing up despite the fact that not even the colonists of the Koprulu sector knew where Earth was anymore. The colony ship fucked up and they missed their destination, wound up in the ass end of space. Then suddenly the UED (or rather the precursor to the UED) somehow knows all about the secret colonization attempt (the people were originally slated for execution to Keep Humanity Pureâ„¢) and also knew where they wound up. They were also somehow aware of everything going on including aliens showing up which is why they freaked, reformed as the UED, and sent in their military to wreck shit and take over.
>>
File: 1487484650030.png (648KB, 539x1851px) Image search: [Google]
1487484650030.png
648KB, 539x1851px
>>53126270
>>
>>53129450
I didn't enjoy HOTS until I played Alarak. Holy shit his kit is fucking satisfying when it works.
>>
>>53132975
It forced choices.

While not universal, limitations and working around them are what cause challenge and interest.

Starcraft interface was clunky but functional. There's a reason people jizz at great sc micro because the bw pathfinding was awful.
>>
>>53134416
Also having the same tech.
>>
>>53132975
>I just fail to see how an iferor interface can make a game better,
Nostalgia.
>>
>>53134540
Headcanon. Abathur has a fetish for high heels and he made Kerrigan his waifu.
>>
>>53134650
KRISHAL FAK ARAM
>>
>>53135090
Also psychics which were supposed to have resulted from a (very rare) mutation among the future colonists of Koprulu. Earth was supposedly riding itself of the mutant, the heretic, and the criminally deviant.
>>
>>53126728
So that they you can totally blew their minds with sloppy blowjobs.
>>
>>53133623
Exploring Stukov a bit more.

Infested terrans are an interesting concept, dragged down by their association with Kerrigan. Having the whole stukov infestation side plot remain stuck in mod packs/starcraft 64 is a shame.
>>
File: 300px-Shinhan3winner.png (286KB, 300x451px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Shinhan3winner.png
286KB, 300x451px
>>53132975
https://youtu.be/EP9F-AZezCU

Heres why. He literally explains why its better
>>
Sc2 > Brood war

But butthurt nostalgia fags will debate it to their dying breath.
>>
>>53135355
Then why does SC1 already have a bigger player base AGAIN than SC2?
Why is there no money in SC2 anymore?

Also SC1 was made by old (gud) blizzard.
SC2 was made by neo-blizzard and a bunch of ex C&C guys
>>
>>53135385
>Then why does SC1 already have a bigger player base AGAIN than SC2?
>Why is there no money in SC2 anymore?
[citation needed]

> old (gud) blizzard.
Case and point. Nostalgia fags will defend their childhood to the end.
>>
>>53135466
>Citation
Log on to battlenet in each game and it will show you active players

>Old (gud)
If you thought legacy of the void was a good game you are dreaming.

Everything was a deathball and balance was shit. When your top players have ~50-60% win rates, your game is garbage.

Also I know nobody cares about the story but what a fucking joke.
>>
>>53135509
>anon fails to provide citation
>continues to spout his opinions as fact

Classic nostalgia fag.
>>
I miss the UED
>>
>>53135122
To be fair, I most certainly would have done the same.
>>
>>53133623
I want to see the UED to show up and live up their reputation as being way beyond the humans of the Korprulu sector. The only downside they have is zero psionics because they purged them all when the sent off the unwanted dregs of humanity that wound up in Korprulu
>>
>>53132975
The bad pathfinding/grid based movement and 12 unit control limit allows a player who might've fallen behind in army supply due to a bad engagement or worse macro then his opponent to catch back up. The player with a superior army has to divide his attention even further to manage it and still keep up production while his opponent can focus more on microing the fewer units he has or macroing to build more. Compared to SC2 where a numerically superior opponent can just F2 control their entire army and Attack move with a deathball. The absurdly high skill ceiling of BW and it's Korean players are the reason it has remained popular for all these years.
>>
File: kerriganh3.jpg (43KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
kerriganh3.jpg
43KB, 600x250px
Post Kerrigan ass.
>>
File: ass.jpg (160KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
160KB, 1600x900px
>>53137454
>>
>>53129820
>Did you know that the 12 unit selection limit was a FUCKING DESIGN CHOICE

You can not provide a single source to back up this assertion.
>>
File: wew.jpg (231KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
231KB, 1024x1820px
>>53137479
>>
File: dateable_8.jpg (34KB, 320x436px) Image search: [Google]
dateable_8.jpg
34KB, 320x436px
>>53137454
What about zerg clit?
>>
>>53123772
When you said
>Cataclysm
in the same conversation as a sci-fi RTS, I definitely read it as Homeworld: Cataclysm, and was instantly annoyed because that game is amazing.
>>
>>53137554
Sorry, meant WoW Cataclysm.
>>
>>53135534
The hell do you mean? The citation is literally Battlenet.

At almost any given time SC1 has more players active than SC2.
>>
>>53137650
You don't understand what a citation is.

Prove it.
>>
>>53137306
Wasn't there two other colony ships that vanished?
>>
>>53137679
Not that anon, and this doesn't actually prove anything, but it does support the claim somewhat.
>>
File: 183103_full.jpg (260KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
183103_full.jpg
260KB, 1024x768px
>>53137454
No u
>>
>>53137505
Not him, but here's something I managed to dig up about the development behind Warcraft.

http://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/the-making-of-warcraft-part-1
>Later in the development process, and after many design arguments between team-members, we decided to allow players to select only four units at a time based on the idea that users would be required to pay attention to their tactical deployments rather than simply gathering a mob and sending them into the fray all at once. We later increased this number to nine in Warcraft II. Command and Conquer, the spiritual successor to Dune 2, didn’t have any upper bound on the number of units that could be selected. It’s worth another article to talk about the design ramifications, for sure.

It's likely these same design decisions played a part in Starcraft's later development.
>>
>>53137306
UED has ghosts...

>thread

I lost faith in Starcraft when it turned from cool science-fiction about machines to space magic.

"VOIIID ENERGY"

Excuse me but what?

Also new game: take a shot everytime Dehaka says "Essence".

Essence. Which is just.

Fucking.

DNA.

That is not how it works.

Words cannot express my feelings. Chris you're a piece of shit and a retard.
>>
>>53137867
>Also new game: take a shot everytime Dehaka says "Essence".
I fucking hate this character. I was speechless when they decided to add him to HOTS. Fucking dumb fucking shitty alien.
>>
>>53137893
I

will

collect

your

essence

Anon

I

will

follow

nyyyeeeessss
>>
>>53137867
>Also new game: take a shot everytime Dehaka says "Essence".
I died of alcohol poisoning.
>>
>>53137950
Whenever any character that isn't a Terran talk's I'm like shut uuuuuup god shut uuuup why are you not done talking yet shut uuuuup god.
>>
>>53135355
I agree
The story is a lot more caricaturized but at least it made me feel something
>>
>>53137867
It seems Chris got pushed out of Blizzard. Heroes kind of killed him.

He at least kicked Ward out of the company first.
>>
File: Disgust.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>53119104
Protoss don't have mouths why does zeratul have nipples
>>
File: New_Gettysburg_SC1_Cncpt1.jpg (97KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
New_Gettysburg_SC1_Cncpt1.jpg
97KB, 500x666px
I feel like the essence of what made Starcraft good is summed up in this image.
If you were to ask me why I like Starcraft more than 40k, I would point to this.

One faction made up of insane political revolutionaries, literal Confederates, cowboys, and telepathic super soldiers leading literal retards in various kind of robot armor who have the personality of a character from Idiocracy.

Telepathic samurai aliens who are REALLY into transcendental shit.

Space bugs doing space bug things, and you get to be a giant pissy slug vying for daddy/mommy's attention.
>>
>>53138093
UED best faction.
>>
>>53138107
They'd be great secondary antagonists, but they need a LOT of fleshing out. As it stood, they were pretty 2-dimensional. Stukov and Dugalle were the only main characters, and they were hardly comprehensive.
>>
File: ZealotLarva_SC1_Cncpt1.jpg (56KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
ZealotLarva_SC1_Cncpt1.jpg
56KB, 500x629px
>>
>>
>>53138093
I like Starcraft over 40K because it's not as hopelessly SO EDGY GRIMDARK and the humans feel actually human.

LOOK AT ME IM BRINGING A SWORD TO A TANK FIGHT

Yeah no.
>>
>>53138179
Chris used to be cool
>>
File: C9yArspVoAAJZCX.jpg (152KB, 850x650px) Image search: [Google]
C9yArspVoAAJZCX.jpg
152KB, 850x650px
>>53138190
>>53138202
Fun fact: when Metzen was 12, he started writing a story about cowboys in space when the second American Civil War was going on.

That story was the origin of Starcraft. Overwatch was originally going to be closer to that concept, but then shit fell apart and the only thing that remained was the proto-Raynor that young Metzen created, Soldier 76 and a few other assorted ideas here and there.
>>
>>53138146
The snippets you got of UED news painted it pretty clearly as earth via Starship Troopers though, it's just a shame we never got to see any of their special unique units, other than Valkyries.
>>
>>53138288
Sort of cute you know? But yeah, it sucks that he went full tart.

ESSENCE

Take a shot
>>
>>53138320
once you get past his repetitive vocabulary I actually like Dehaka, he just needs to not mention ESSENCE every 10 seconds
>>
>>53116375
Can't argue with that solar booty, though.
>>
>>53123020
>I hate the micro intensive multiplayer.
Anon, it is 300% macro
>>
>>53138468
Kerrigan's ass is great despite that, not thanks to it
>>
>>53138551
I want to see one of those tournaments when they take the keyboards away from those Korean kids and make them play exclusively with a mouse.
>>
>>53138867
they probably would still kick ur ass m8y
>>
>>53117335
I honestly was pissed off at what they did with her. When wings of liberty was in production they said she'd be a major character. When LOTV finally, FINALLY came out, she's a non-entity. Legacy of the void should have been about Selendis. You go from a disgraced (because you failed to purge Haven) executor on a backwater post to the de facto military leader of the Protoss. You wouldn't even need to change the story otherwise and it would have been better-Amontanis would have been at least a little bit more intimidating than Possessed! Selendis.
>>
>>53140722
>>53140722
oh fuck! Selendis was also like a student to Artanis, I don't know why they made it artanis coming unto his own story when it's clear he had already done that by the start of the game, Selendis on the other hand is green as fuck and still left the highest ranking, she's no Hierarch, making the free protoss feel even more ont he back foot, but they rested on the laurels of a fan favorite and can't fully blame them, I love artanis too much to not enjoy his character
>>
File: Space Shows.png (520KB, 855x523px) Image search: [Google]
Space Shows.png
520KB, 855x523px
>>53111585
Everything in Starcraft 2 should be non-canon.
>>
>>53140760
Yeah, Selendis is actually supposedly the unnamed executor in the brood war protoss campaign.
Legacy of the void was just lazy, honestly, and it threw out what to me was the most striking thing about the protoss in starcraft and brood war: their willingness to get embroiled in civil wars over ideology when their homeworld is literally being overrun by apocalyptic space bugs. It's just unity unity unity and an ancient race that had been established as hidebound and conservative shrugging its shoulders and saying "The cultural identity of over a thousand years? Who needs it?"

I also think the tal'darim should have been maintained as the protoss Amish they were implied to be in wings of liberty. Imagine a splinter faction of templar who were exiled to protect remote artifacts and resources far away from the rest of the empire so that their incessant bitching about judicator involvement with the templar didn't destabilize society.
You could even still have Alarak be a rude dude who sounds like protoss Steve Urkel if you like.
>>
File: zerg mother.jpg (168KB, 800x592px) Image search: [Google]
zerg mother.jpg
168KB, 800x592px
>>53140794
>battlestar galactica modern
>on a higher tier then battlestar classic
and opinions discarded

>>53140826
ehhh... Sithtoss had too much of a charm to be as a full on race of supervillains
>>
>>53140794
Lemme see....

I'd bump both Stargates down 1 or 2.

Oh god, Outlaw Star gets bumped WAY down. Arm-wrestling spaceships? magic guns? That fucking ending?

And farscape... God I just hated the human actor. For as much as I fucking LOVE Jim Henson productions, this one needs to go down a couple notches.

The Expanse is pretty good. They don't hand-wave away gravity. That alone gets them one solid bump in rank when it comes to "space shows". Let's see how they fuck it up.

Andromeda wasn't... ok, maybe like, 1 little bump up.

Firefly could go up one.

The BattleStars are right where they belong.

Blakes 7.... yeah, ok. A bit of cash could have made it so much better.

Agreed. Abosolute Garbage.
>>
>>53140859
>on a higher tier then battlestar classic
Boxy.
>>
>>53138288
>Starcraft
> when Metzen was 12, he started writing a story about cowboys in space when the second American Civil War was going on.

It was 1985 when he was 12.

>second American Civil War

What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>53118594

Wasn't the entire thing of the xel'naga that two races would merge in the end?

So how did kerrigan become a xel'naga alone? I expected her to do a fusion dance with the protoss guy at the end, but no.
>>
File: ghost.jpg (12KB, 282x301px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
12KB, 282x301px
>>53141054
You know, I was so let down by the story at the end of LotV, that I imagined a better story as it was happening and that version is stuck more in my head than what actually happened.

Alright, so there's a rogue Xel'naga. They've spotted the trend that there's ALWAYS two races that rise up, one mentally superior, one physically superior. They clash/merge and the Xel'naga go harvest samples or whatever.

This rogue guy though, he's trying to jumpstart the whole process by manufacturing a psychic race that he can control. They throw off their yoke and he flees to go kickstart the physical race. Using the psychic control lessons he learned from making the Protoss, he makes the overmind directly control the Zerg.

But the thing is, that the ultimate psychic race wasn't destined to be the Protoss. It was humanity. The protoss are just... a prototype. A good attempt at a forgery, by a literal god, but not real. The ultimate pairing of races and the summation of this whole universe happened WAY back in SC1. A little faster than intended thanks to that rogue Xel'Naga. And it just never went any further because the Overmind took it in the shorts. And so Kerrigan rises up and triumphs over the hybrids. And the rogue guy is pissed and flees because all his efforts at mind-controlling the ultimate race between the Khala of the protoss and the overmind all went tits up.

My god, and that last-minute "haha, I killed all the other xel'naga and this is the last iteration" is just so fucking bullshit I cringed.
>>
>>53141013
>>second American Civil War
>What the fuck are you smoking?
Oh, fuck me, the STORY is set in a second civil war. Jesus, I read that wrong.
>>
>people triggered by sc2
I don't understand they literally did nothing damaging to the setting and the new lore fits perfectly with the old. It was just a continuation of sc1s plot.

Now if you want to talk about lore rape look at diablo 3
>>
File: H96898BL6K2K1354526378642.jpg (135KB, 950x743px) Image search: [Google]
H96898BL6K2K1354526378642.jpg
135KB, 950x743px
>>53141188
Sheablo as best diablo, Fite me
>>
>>53138468
For you thirsty straight guys maybe.
>>
>>53141188
d3 was probably the most I've ever been disappointed by a game
>>
>>53133623
>>53134207
An insane Niadra showing up and wrecking Protoss face, just like she was ordered too.
>>
>>53138059
They're cybernetic. Induced by Terran envy, ya ken?
>>
>>53138202
Yes but the Alpha-Right ended up consuming its own bastards.
>>
Zergs dindunuthins deys gud bois
>>
>>53142392
the only good bug is a dead bug
>>
>>53142395
Das racis dem bich ass crackas always oprassin da poor lil zergs
>>
>>53140826
>their willingness to get embroiled in civil wars over ideology when their homeworld is literally being overrun by apocalyptic space bugs.
Eh, not that there aren't precedents in real life.
See the chinese civil war or catholics and orthodox vs muslims.
>>
File: 1470120692931.jpg (60KB, 393x393px) Image search: [Google]
1470120692931.jpg
60KB, 393x393px
>>53111585
>not Tychus
You disappoint me.
>>
>>53124512
>zerg mothership
>overlord/hatchery/old!queen hybrid
>>
>>53126158
>Abathur is vagina faced.
Well, it kind of is a vagina.
He ingests organic matter in order to change it.
It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that he uses his "mouth" to both ingest the "parent matter" and later produce the evolved version.
>>
>>53137982
Abathur and Alarak have amazing voice acting and lines though.
>>
>>53143476
Hot.

"Donor matter" is probably a more accurate euphemism, though.
>>
>>53138288
Well, the Terran 1 theme is straight outta Firefly so that sorta makes sense.

Or rather into Firefly, since SC came first.
>>
>>53143603
"Donor" implies consent.
>>
>>53143645
It's an ironic sort of consent.
>>
>>53143645
Just like the conseption of Damien wayne
>>
>>53141054
Not necessarily two races, just the presence of Purity of Essence and Purity of Form. Kerrigan already had both by the time she got to the Void, because she did the fusion dance with a spawning pool in Swarm. Primal zerg = Essence, super psionic terran = form. She's already technically a fusion of two races.
>>
>>53141279
Nah, she great. Brom does amazing design work. I also loved the "evil knows no gender" theme it pushed.
>>
>>53140794
Bump DS9 and SG1 down and B5 up.
>>
>>53141188
>they literally did nothing damaging to the setting and the new lore fits perfectly with the old
None of this is true.

2/10 b8 though
>>
SC fans are almost as butthurt as 40k fans.
>>
Who has better tits. Zerg, terran or toss?
>>
>>53145287
Zerg. They come in the greatest variety.
>>
New bread

>>53145570
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.