[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

System to Run a "Gargoyles" Game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: GargoylesLogo.png (47KB, 333x258px) Image search: [Google]
GargoylesLogo.png
47KB, 333x258px
Hail, /tg/. I recently got done binge-watching pic related for the second time, and it gives me an itch to run a game in that setting - such a mix of fantasy and sci-fi and plain old 90s cartoon logic seems like a lot of fun.

What would you all recommend I use? I was considering something like Mutants and Masterminds, but I've never actually run that. Are there better options out there?
>>
Alternatively, if there's already a system out there, I'd love to hear of it.
>>
>>53102128
I coulda sworn I saw a Storyteller homebrew for Gargoyles.

Let me see if I can find it.
>>
GRUSP
>>
>>53102811
So far the main suggestions I've found have been Champions, Cartoon Action Hour, and the Dresden Files RPG.

I'm not a huge fan of Fate, so I'd rather avoid the DF RPG.

And admittedly, I've never run any of what I listed above, so they're all as new to me as GURPS.
>>
>>53102128
Mutants and Masterminds is definitely a solid choice, as it is meant to do those kinds of adventures and can make almost anything, but there are some things you keep in mind:

1. Character Creation can be a little bit tricky since there are so many options. Take your time looking for examples of what you want a character to do throughout the book. The most important thing to know is that "what a power does" is more important than "what it is" being an effects based system.

2. As a GM, make sure there are secondary objectives/factors in a fight to avoid turning things into a slogfest. Combat can end very quickly if you do not have a villain with a plan B or at least good defenses.

3. The game manual recommends you to make judgement when it comes to powers. If a player wants to do something cool or relatively simple that goes along the lines with their power, let them do it, make them use a Power Stunt if its necessary, but certain things like fire against ice powers as a Counter do not really need such things.
>>
Vampire: The Masquerade had Gargoyles as a breed of vampire.
>>
Rifts/palladium
Lots of diffrent gargoyles and a whole defined history and racial couplings.
Also it doesnt suck ass like gurps or fate
>>
https://www.scribd.com/doc/96117271/Gargoyles-the-Vigil

I also found this:
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Gargoyle_(VTM)
>>
>>53102128
congratulations, now I'll have the theme stuck in my head for another 8 years
>>
GURPS is legit an amazing system that people like you should be taking advantage of. You'll start with Gargoyles and end up with a system you can adapt to anything you want in the future.
>>
>>53107101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygrEVnrg3Ic

Good, good...
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.