[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Privateer Press miniatures How is this at all excusable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 247
Thread images: 51

>Privateer Press miniatures
How is this at all excusable?
>>
File: mg.jpg (108KB, 431x408px) Image search: [Google]
mg.jpg
108KB, 431x408px
>>53101496
They have a lot of bad sculpts, and plenty of good ones. Shit quality control. Shit visual design doesn't help.
>>
>>53101496

tbf the painter was sub-par and the colour scheme is also terrible. NMM was also a bad choice. Just a clusterfuck of "let's make a not-great mini look even worse"
>>
>>53101496
That sculpt is like a zillion years old.
>>
Shit game, shit community, shit minis. They use paper cutouts as "terrain", no surprize that PP's target audience doesn't give a fuck about miniatures.
>>
>>53101628
>They use paper cutouts as "terrain"
To me this is even more offensive than the miniatures. I always think about buying a few of the Russian robots and painting them like WW2 Soviet tanks, only to be reminded that actual games look horrible.

Is there even a reason for not using actual terrain and dealing with shitty looking games? It can't be just to save money as every club or shop has in house terrain that you can use.
>>
File: d08.jpg (20KB, 424x448px) Image search: [Google]
d08.jpg
20KB, 424x448px
>>53101496
>People say: hey you should play warmahordes
>Look on page for models
>Mfw all the models are shit.
How do people really paint an army of warmashit?
>>
>>53101675
>Is there even a reason for not using actual terrain and dealing with shitty looking games?

Sportsmanship. There are zero reasons to use good looking terrain in warmachine, it just slows you down.
>>
>>53101675
It's because WMH is super tourney centric so they use the same terrain footrpints for every game. Easier to just throw a circle down labeled "Woods" but it does look like complete dog shit and keeps people who aren't WAACfags well away from the game.

>>53101679
This is also a problem with models being so inconsistent in style yet PP simple refuses to redo them. Like the Black 13th or whatever gun mages that were undersized for a decade because "reasons".

Also don't forget that their MK3 edition was "heavily tested for years" but upon release was the most broken piece of shit ever and nearly an entire army (Skorne) needed to be errata'd.

Some of the stuff looks kinda neat. I really like some of the Troll/Khador/Menoth stuff they have going on.

But holy hell I would never, EVER try to play the game or find a group for it.
>>
>>53101675
>>53101729
This. Plus, the models are so top-heavy or fragile that getting rocked around on non-flat terrain can make them fall over, and the game is set up that an inch or two of accidental movement from shaking the table and having foam or cardboard or plastic whatevers flopping around can make or break an entire game.

using felt pads of the right shape is practically necessary with the cult of competition they've fostered.
>>
>>53101770
which is why I will never play it. If I wanted a game of great tactical depth, with a thriving community, I'd play fucking chess. I want to play with my cool looking toys, and a game that actively stops me from doing that is trash.
>>
File: kaelyssa.jpg (549KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
kaelyssa.jpg
549KB, 1024x1448px
The only thing PP minis have over GW are the waifus. 40k has very little in that regard and their female models are usually ugly as sin.

The only remotely cute model they ever made was the footslogging Bretonian Damsel.
>>
>>53101628
>>53101675
This is why I play games with TLoS. simulated los promotes this type of bullshit.
>>
>>53102486
Even stuff like Infinity and Malifaux don't end up with nonexistant terrain. I blame the playerbase that Warmahordes attracts more than anything.
>>
>>53102570
I find it's more the casual tournament level that has flat cutout terrain, casual casual games proper terrain, most battle reports and livestreams are proper terrain, but our local tourny organizer has a bunch of folders of identical stuff to make fairly similar tables that can be transported to different venues easier than proper stuff.
>>
>>53101862

Why not just get together with a bunch of 7yr olds and bash your cool toys together while making pew-pew noises. Sounds about your level, pleb.
>>
>>53101496

It actually looks like that; umbrals are weird cartoonish-looking soul-golems.
>>
>>53101628

>focus is on the gameplay
>wonders why a miniature is just seen as what it is: a fucking game piece

I'm sure your much better looking GW toys justifies being price gouged all the time and the imbalanced rules that are laughably obviously made to sell models. I guess you like feeling like GW's sugar daddy.
>>
And here comes the page5 douchebags to justify their shitty tryhard game by insulting others.

And I thought GW-fags were bad.
>>
>>53103105
That doesn't stop other games from having decent models and gameplay though.
>>
>>53101675
>Is there even a reason for not using actual terrain and dealing with shitty looking games?
The game has a stronger focus on tactics than cinematics, if that makes any sense. WMH is a game where having one model 1/4" out of place can lead to a loss. It is brutally punishing, but incredibly rewarding when you narrowly pull out a victory from the jaws of certain defeat thanks to your precision and skill.

Unfortunately, the modeling team at PP hasn't gotten the memo about what kind of game WMH is after over a decade, and they still make incredibly top-heavy models and models with unnecessary gubbins like swords or limbs or fuckhuge pauldrons hanging over the base, which gets in the way of placement and has a tendency to get stuck on pieces of terrain. So as a compromise, most small tournaments and casual training games use less flashy terrain for the sake of expediency.

I really wish a game would come out with a solid competitive ruleset like WMH Mk II, but with decently designed models & a consistent aesthetic.
>>
File: tmp_2129-14940227858941564837247.jpg (147KB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2129-14940227858941564837247.jpg
147KB, 1024x942px
Playing Warmahoards was like playing Magic or X-Wing. I was the newb, so that means everyone got to stomp me with their pro lists they got after watching some tournement. I understand I am supposed to lose the first few games being new, but being decimated because of placement or losing from the start because of list building doesn't make the game easier to play. Warhammer at least lets you have fun, but Warmahoards is just tourneys all day every day.
>>
>>53101862
word
>>
File: tictactoe tryhard.png (21KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
tictactoe tryhard.png
21KB, 480x678px
>>53103856
And Warhammer's abysmal balance and game design doesn't lead to you losing if you dare play a faction that isn't tier 1? Warmahordes at least ensures that every faction is competitive, even if some have less options than others. At least try comparing it to a game that is generally well designed while being more laid back like Malifaux or something.
>>
File: tmp_2129-1492359117044759474770.png (698KB, 1292x702px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2129-1492359117044759474770.png
698KB, 1292x702px
>>53103997
You missed the point entirely. Warhammer (which I should have specified to be 40k) isn't just played as a tournement game. Narrative games and campaigns are extremely popular, and are this most common way to play in an organized format. In these formats, it places more emphasis on fun then wining, and the tiers lists mostly disappear. Not everyone hounds Tournement reporters for lists so they can try them on Saturday. It sad that Warmahoards fosters such a system.
>>
>>53101496
That's a model from when they made DnD3.0/3.5 settings and modules, in Iron Kingdoms. It's not an in-game model from Warmachine, and is about 12 years old at this point.
>>
>>53104088
>it places more emphasis on fun then wining, and the tiers lists mostly disappear
It depends on what you mean by "Fun", but if you are talking about tier lists and that entire description somehow being unique to 40K, and entirely absent in Warmahordes, then that is not correct. Little about narrative games stops someone from abusing the rules of the games, much less eliminates discrepancies between factions. On the other hand Warmahordes has a plethora of scenarios which play much more narratively, and of course rules for campaigns and leagues. Warmahorde's better gameplay can lend themselves to said modes of play as well. I could say the same for many other games too. In the end quite a bit can be decided by your local scene, rather than by the game itself. Regardless, tier lists don't really disappear, and Warmahordes fosters no such system.
>>
>>53103771
>I really wish a game would come out with a solid competitive ruleset like WMH Mk II, but with decently designed models & a consistent aesthetic.
Isn't that just Guild Ball?
>>
>>53102570
Can't speak for Malifaux, but in Infinity requires terrain to actually block LOS because even the basic assault rifle can hit up to 48 inches away (not well, but possible).

That said it requires so much terrain a couple infinity tables can easily wipe a store clean of the usual terrain. Many groups have players bring in their own terrain, especially for larger events.

>>53101496
That model dates back to PP's original RPG mini line, which predates Warmachine's MK1 earliest expansions.
>>
Warmahordes is for those people who find fun in beating their opponent with their rulebook adn the list they brought. its actually horrifically unbalanced shit.
>>
its literally the WAACfag game. no emphasis on fun whatsoever, and if youre unfortunate enough to care for the fluff bringing fluff will punish you harder than a sisters army.
>>
>>53102758
if you think what we do is truly any different, I think you need to take a REAL hard look at this hobby.
>>
File: GW_CB.jpg (237KB, 859x1326px) Image search: [Google]
GW_CB.jpg
237KB, 859x1326px
>>53104502
>game is fun only when it's broken, overpriced and unplayable!
>t.warhammer player
Also, OP two can play this game
>>
>>53107035
the fuck is that thing on the right? looks like the most generic syborg possable. iis that mouldflash on the gun, or is that stupid broken front grip intentional. if you are going to photograph models, at least paint both. or neither,
>>
>>53103105
Sorry to break it to you, but I play Infinity.
>>
File: 1469815551498.png (2MB, 975x1263px) Image search: [Google]
1469815551498.png
2MB, 975x1263px
>>53101923
Come to Ret for the gundam swordsmen, stay for the steady flow of elf waifus. Shaved heads are optional.
>>
It looks ok to me. Not everything needs to be a hyper detailed sculpt covered in extraneous purity seals and shit, some of us want to play wargames first and paint second, I spend a lot more time trying to make fun and creative lists than I do on paint jobs. There is a minimum standard, and then a very big range in the middle for "good enough".
>>
File: Hades_1_1024x1024.jpg (114KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Hades_1_1024x1024.jpg
114KB, 960x640px
>>53103208
>decent models and gameplay
But anon, how am I supposed to play Dropzone Commander when everyone else is too busy spending all their income on 40K and Sigmar?
>>
>>53107204
I keep trying to get people to play dropzone but everyone is busy playing geedubs games
>>
>>53107125
>looks like the most generic syborg possable.
Nah you talking about necrons
>>
>>53107393
necrons are androids, dipshit.
>>
>>53107377
the minis are nice, but compared to GW they feel pricey for what you get.
>>
>>53101923
That Clone Wars Obi-Wan elf girl is the one PP model I'd be willing to buy. I would probably even paint her in catalogue colours, which is something I hardly ever do.
>>
>>53107487
who cares
>>
File: Bounty-Hunter-2.jpg (36KB, 480x550px) Image search: [Google]
Bounty-Hunter-2.jpg
36KB, 480x550px
>>53107125
It's an Infinity Authorized Bounty Hunter limited edition mini that was a preorder bonus for N3 rulebooks.
They commonly use merc units as promos, because they are usually available to all the generic human factions (6 out of 8, or out of 24 if you count the sectorials, though some use mercs) and the fact that they often have semi-randomized equipment means they can churn out as many models of them as they like (and WYSIWYG is not as strong in Infinity so there's not as much whining about them being limited – aside from the sniper lady, because that is the most popular loadout for ABH). This guy is supposed to represent +3/+4 extra armour roll (which is Heavy Infantry tier).
>>
File: malifaux ophelia.jpg (177KB, 1024x285px) Image search: [Google]
malifaux ophelia.jpg
177KB, 1024x285px
>>53103208
pic related, game is interesting and high skill and the models are absolutely gorgeous and all plastic
>>
>>53107493

Did you really say that anybody is worse at price gouging than GW? GW charges you out the ass and gives you less and less as time goes on. And then buttfucks you with every codex release forcing you to again buy more just to stay afloat.

Nobody is as bad as they are unless they're charging you money for literally nothing. It's so bad with GW that there is a third party market to buy shit cheaper, and that most people have to claim it's about the hobby and painting because the game is so garbage and that is the only way they can justify shelling out that much money for it.
>>
>>53107618
GW is pretty competitively priced on a per-model basis, it's just the sheer amount of models required to play the games that hurts. The third party market for warhammer is nowhere near as cheap either.
>>
File: light.jpg (47KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
47KB, 600x800px
>it's another toy soldier brand wars thread
I'm too old for this inane shit anymore, I'm out.
>>
>>53107689
Yeah, fuck people who expect quality from a hobby that requires spending money, what a silly nerds :)
>>
File: eat shit.jpg (8KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
eat shit.jpg
8KB, 200x252px
>>53107705
If you like [thing] buy it, if you don't like [thing] dont buy it.

What's so hard about it? Why is it necessary to spend hours upon hours of sperging on the internet about your own choices?
And on top of all, why the fuck do you care about other people's tastes? Do you need self validation that badly?

Fucking waste of time, grow up, stop making these idiotic threads and discuss more useful matters.
>>
>>53107761
>Do you need self validation that badly?
Said the guy who literally jumped into thread saying "you are kids and I'm grown up lmao".
>>
File: 1476495457651.jpg (17KB, 253x165px) Image search: [Google]
1476495457651.jpg
17KB, 253x165px
>>53107495
>Clone Wars Obi-Wan elf girl
Which one is that?
>>
>>53107493
Honestly, the PPM for Dropzone isn't that bad. If you take into account the size difference with heroic scale infantry, they're about the same price per mass even. And on top of that, major centerpiece vehicles cost about ~$30-40 instead of $50-100+.

What I'm trying to say is that I've collected three Dropzone factions for the same price as a 1750 point Eldar army circa 6th edition.
>>
File: 1341636050750.jpg (60KB, 471x648px) Image search: [Google]
1341636050750.jpg
60KB, 471x648px
>>53107177
>Love the Retribution infantry and casters
>Absolutely hate the look of their Warjacks

Every time I think about picking up another faction to go alongside my Cryx, I get THIS CLOSE to starting Ret, then remember how fucking ugly their 'Jacks are. It's a shame.

Also, it's silly to hear people complaining about Warmachine being too competitive. There is no Privateer Press police force that'll kick your doors in and force a list of Steamroller scenarios down your throat if you don't like that playstyle. Our group is about as noncompetitive as it comes - we don't use timers (the idea of playing on a clock seems really dumb to me), use lots of proper 3D terrain, and run a nice variety of casters and units instead of netlisting and spamming the most broken stuff possible. It's a really, really fun game. Ironically I've found the granularity and complexity of the rules makes it a better narrative game than 40k or AoS.
>>
File: product_56804.jpg (13KB, 349x425px) Image search: [Google]
product_56804.jpg
13KB, 349x425px
>>53107805
This one.
The elves look like they're wearing Stormtrooper armour and Obi-Wan wore a similar one in Clone Wars, with a robe on top.

>>53107862
Same. Although I hate all warjacks, period.
From what I asked about their playstyle you could totally ignore their jacks and go for an "assassinate the enemy warcaster" build. I've also seen some of their jacks painted anything other than white and they looked half-decent then.
>>
File: 1462824307180.jpg (171KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
1462824307180.jpg
171KB, 1063x752px
>>53107887
I wish I had people that chill around here, or more people at all. I manage to find games with buddies but the LGS regulars are salty tryhards who've been following the same newbie-smashing MO for a decade. That's kind of the story for all non-GW games in these parts, though.

>>53107862
Ret jacks are the jacks I hate the least, which was enough to get me into the game for the Battle Mage rules and Dawnguard models. It also turns out that most of their jacks are there to provide moderate shooting with weird utility effects while my squads of angry elves do the heavy lifting.
>you see tovarich, jack cannot ugly if it becoming pile of wreckage instead
>>
>>53107862
>Also, it's silly to hear people complaining about Warmachine being too competitive.
It probably depends a lot on local attitudes and what "competitive" means for a particular game.

Infinity is also very competitive, but it's a game that relies on tactics a lot more than list building. As much as people will scream about TAGs, ORCs or Bolts being useless, you can easily win with them if you're tactically sound. Top American Infinity player plays the Shasvastii force, which is as "unplayable" as Infinity gets. And people usually play the competitive tournament scenarios.

Now if being competitive means "play only Tau and only use Riptides" or "use this warcaster and these units and the warjacks are actually completely useless, so don't bother", we have a problem. And you yourself mention "netlisting" and "spamming the most broken stuff".

It's not like Infinity is free of WAAC faggots either, I've had my share of "use Swiss Guard you moron, ORCs and Sepulchre are not nearly as good – what do you mean you want to play an ORC Haris?!"
>>
>>53107618
>>53107839
oh I know its not actually that bad. having looked into it more myself.

but that initial surface feeling is what killed DZC in my local gaming area. Nobody picked it up because "why spend £10 on 2 tiny tanks the size of guardsmen that i can 10 of for £20."
>>
>>53107999
>It probably depends a lot on local attitudes and what "competitive" means for a particular game.

True. Personally I'd define "too competitive" to mean "when the need to win becomes more important than the need for both players to enjoy the game". Obviously everyone likes to win, and one of the things that makes Warmachine so fun is trying to work out how best to use the models you've got and their various abilities to get to the objectives/enemy 'caster. But when one player gets utterly stomped with no chance of them fighting back, or if a group finds itself locked into an arms race where they have to buy more and more powerful units to try and keep up with one another, it just stops being an enjoyable experience.
>>
>>53107035
WTF is going on with the silver guys rifle.
>clip in backwards
>weird fore grip
>>
>>53108133
Infinity is not a hard SF setting, that's what's going on.
>>
File: falconhoof.png (165KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
falconhoof.png
165KB, 400x400px
>>53108133
>clip
>>
File: warpwolfd.jpg (255KB, 599x850px) Image search: [Google]
warpwolfd.jpg
255KB, 599x850px
>>53101923
Her and pic related are top tier WarmaHordes waifus. Been playing Circle since the beginning of MKII and have only fielded Kaya.

Too bad both are batshit insane and would kill humasn at first sight.
>>
>>53107999
The problem doesn't come down to being competetive or not. The balance is so bad that people are kinda forced into picking more competetive lists to have an enjoyable game.
>>
>>53108185
>Her and pic related are top tier WarmaHordes waifus.

Kaya's only interested in fucking Laris, I'm afraid.
>>
>>53101496
That's an ancient sculpt.
>>
>>53108239
Also, isn't it an old model for the first edition of the Iron Kingdoms RPG? It isn't actually part of the wargame.
>>
>>53101679
People said you should PLAY Warmahordes, not sit and stare at the minis you bought.
>>
File: for fightin and killin.jpg (3MB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
for fightin and killin.jpg
3MB, 3508x2480px
>>53108133
It's a sci-fi shotgun designed by a Spaniard between siestas. What's more it's a PanOceanian version, which look particularly stupid due to the backwards magazine thing. Ugly gun design is something everyone playing Infinity agrees about, only "outdated" Ariadna and Haqqislam firearms look good because they resemble contemporary weapons.
And then there's the mistranslation that resulted in every light machine gun being labeled an HMG.
>>
>>53108352
>Ugly gun design is something everyone playing Infinity agrees about
Nah, it's gun owners, autists, and autistic gun owners that have a problem with the weapon designs.
They look like funny sci-fi rifles.
It's the point.

>>53108309
This is half the attitude that the thread is complaining about, dipshit.

>>53108185
Furry pls go.
>>
File: Nomad spitfires.jpg (315KB, 597x813px) Image search: [Google]
Nomad spitfires.jpg
315KB, 597x813px
>>53108703
You'd probably file this under "autists", but there's been quite a bit of hubbub about change to Nomad Spitfire design. Wildcat (top left) carries an old style Spitfire, which has a distinct size and shape. Wildcats are already post-general gun redesign, so their Combi Rifle + Light Ft. (bottom left) looks like on every modern Nomad mini.
The Bakunin Moderator (top right) carries a newer version of Spitfire, which looks a lot like regular Combi (bottom right). It makes the guns look samey and boring, and identification at glance more difficult, especially if it's a new player not yet familiar with Nomad units facing them. And the mechanical differences between Combi Rifles and Spitfires are pretty significant, as one is a short-ranged basic assault rifle and the other a high-burst medium range machine gun.
>>
>>53107664
>GW is pretty competitively priced on a per-model basis,
Really? Then why their plastic indidual models more expensive than Infinity metal individual models?
>>
>>53107664
This statement is flatly a lie. Good to see GW fanbabies are still delusional. Braindamage is the only reason you'd play the worst game in existence.
>>
>>53108896
>>53108907
At least post some cherrypicked comparison images alongside your butthurt.
>>
File: 40kbad.jpg (34KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
40kbad.jpg
34KB, 600x620px
>>53101496
>Games Workshop miniatures
>>
File: Black 13.jpg (20KB, 660x376px) Image search: [Google]
Black 13.jpg
20KB, 660x376px
>>53101496
That sculpt is incredibly old. It's older than the wargame IIRC.

Modern PP models are better than the awful overdesigned nonsense GW is currently making.
>>
File: kaelyssa.jpg (31KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
kaelyssa.jpg
31KB, 600x558px
>>53107887
There's a much better version of her model.
>>
>>53108944
Ask GW, the rest of us have been complaining about them for, what, fifteen fucking years by now?
>>
File: warcaster 63.png (379KB, 1600x1191px) Image search: [Google]
warcaster 63.png
379KB, 1600x1191px
>>53107177
>Shaved heads are optional.

But the objectively best girl is cueballed.
>>
>>53108944
>>53108992
The funny thing is, Empire Free Company (Militia) is about the same age as those guys and are solid sculpts (leaving aside the "epic scale" proportions).
>>
>>53108871
I can see that internal consisteny for identification purposes is inportant - if you're telling me that the bottom two are carrying the same gun (approximately), I'd believe it, but the top two look like completely different weapons.

The autism comes when people say
>"these super-future fictional science fiction black ops operating operators have guns that don't conform to current designs"
as if that's a problem.
>>
>>53108896
Their individual models are priced atrociously, but in a box of 10 Guardsmen you're getting a pretty good deal per mini.
The hook is that you need way more than one box of Guardsmen to even start playing.

But yeah, even older and cheaper metals are actually slightly more expensive than single Infinity blisters.
>>
>>53108975

sadly on pewter :(
>>
>>53108896
Because of the differing costs associated with those different production methods.

The costs in injection molding don't scsle linearly with model count like metal casting does. A space marine captain kit isn't going to be a 10th the cost of a tactical squad, as well as having significantly less sales to spread the investment costs over.

Most GW minis are well priced but typically only come in bulk so to speak. So a whole GW army is going to be 5 times the minis for 3 times the price, even though a few of those minis individually are fairly expensive. Overall its still a good price.
>>
>>53108924
>i-i-it's butthurt
Eat shit Reddit
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-EU/Ironjawz-Orruk-Megaboss
https://store.corvusbelli.com/products/haqqislam/280477-0551-special-deterrance-group-azra-il-ap-hmg
>>
File: 03-IGuardKazak.jpg (42KB, 900x361px) Image search: [Google]
03-IGuardKazak.jpg
42KB, 900x361px
>>53109016
>but in a box of 10 Guardsmen you're getting a pretty good deal per """mini"""".
fix
>>
>>53101496
>pick one bad/old sculpt from a company
>hurr hurr they suck so much
kys asap
>>
File: 74099_LordTyrantZaadesh_WEB.jpg (389KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
74099_LordTyrantZaadesh_WEB.jpg
389KB, 600x600px
>>53108963
>PP
>not over-designing
>>
>>53109036

17 € for a single pewter mini is a theft too.
At least i can buy that MegaOrk for 6 $
>>
>>53109044
I never understood why the infinity rifles are so fucking huge sometimes. I mean GW doesn't even bother with proportions most of the time, so you get a somehwat coherent comic style. But these infinity models look fucking awful.
>>
File: gaha.jpg (134KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
gaha.jpg
134KB, 413x395px
>>53107664
>GW is pretty competitively priced on a per-model basis

>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Eldar-Windriders

Seventy fucking dollars for three dudes. THREE DUDES. Not even elites or anything.

>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Storm-Guardians

Eighty-five dollars for eight standard infantry.

>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/Space-Marine-Assault-Squad-2015

Seventy dollars for five plastic infantry guys.

You're fucking retarded dude.
>>
>>53109061
That's actually a good design though. Reminds me of the old, super badass dark elves GW used to make before their art team had a collective brain hemorrhage.

There's a difference between something being detailed and overdesigned. That model is detailed. Varanguard and their like are overdesigned.
>>
File: tomcats-special-rescue-team.jpg (231KB, 2272x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tomcats-special-rescue-team.jpg
231KB, 2272x1080px
>>53109007
Internal consistency is a problem with Infinity due to their design change a while ago towards bulkier models with smaller guns. Mixed with the fact that they occasionally repack older models with new into combined boxes you get stuff like the Tomcats, where all are carrying the same gun, but the Doctor's looks completely different and also the DEP guy looks like a scrawny kid next to him.

The complaint about Spitfire was different though: it's that the new Spitfire looks too much like a Combi Rifle, when it should be a distinct gun. It's something 40k never has a problem with: a Boltgun, Plasma and Melta all look different from each other, so you can always spot the lone Plasma gunner in a squad of Marines. With old style Spitfire you can always tell which Wildcat in the Fireteam has a different gun, but with new style one telling the Spitfire Moderator apart from his Combi buddies can be tricky. I bring up those units specifically as they can form Fireteams, which means a group of them is usually going to be within short distance of each other, not unlike a 40k squad.
>>
>>53109085
>en-AU
>>
>>53109075
>truth scale
>awful
If so then why your precious GW rebooting their most popular army with truth scale infantry?
>>
>>53109016
>a pretty good deal per mini

call me when we hit $2 USD per figure or less. Until then I'll be playing historicals.
>>
File: 1493568287518.png (187KB, 758x631px) Image search: [Google]
1493568287518.png
187KB, 758x631px
>>53109114
Daily remainder that new/returning player will have a top-quality truescale army while loyal player who remained with GW past 10 years will play with an army of toddlers.
Daily reminder that loyal GW customers are getting cucked right now.
Daily reminder that even GW hates it's customer base.
>>
File: bunny moderator.jpg (116KB, 421x355px) Image search: [Google]
bunny moderator.jpg
116KB, 421x355px
>>53109075
>I never understood why the infinity rifles are so fucking huge sometimes.
See >>53109103
Older models are thinner, shorter and have huge guns. They used to hand sculpt them, now they use CAD.
Pic related is the perfect example as they basically resculpted the same mini again.
>>
>>53109131
>call me when we hit $2 USD per figure or less
marines, spikey marines, daemons, skitarii, orks, guard, eldar, spikey eldar, necrons, tyranids, genecults? All $2 or less a head.

extra cost's usually when you go outside the troops bubble
>>
>>53109131
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Imperial-Guard-Cadians-5-models
>>
File: 280244-0268.jpg (169KB, 1038x555px) Image search: [Google]
280244-0268.jpg
169KB, 1038x555px
>>53109153
>top-quality
Meanwhile in Infinity 2th ed.
>Daily reminder that loyal GW customers are getting cucked right now.
Well, most of their customers are Eropeans and Americans...
>>
>>53109186
>Imperial-Guard-Cadians
>>
File: get a grip.jpg (67KB, 295x255px) Image search: [Google]
get a grip.jpg
67KB, 295x255px
>>53108133
>weird fore grip

Looks a bit like pic related.
>>
>>53109217
Yes?

That anon was asking for guardsmen at $2 per mini, and there they are.
>>
>>53109153
This is true of all companies that get better at sculpting as they go.
>>
>>53108975
I find both agreeable.
>>
>>53109211
I can't wait for the new MO starter. It's not that the sculpts are bad, but getting two useless models in a pack of 6 is a pretty raw deal. Aside from the fact that you don't actually need anything from the starter in the first place now that Sergeant box is a thing.
>>
>>53103771
Ironically, Tourney level AoS can be exactly that.
>>
>>53109361
AoS has neither solid rules or decently designed models. It definitely doesn't have a consistent aesthetic.
>>
>>53109386
Depends what your asking for consistent Aesthetic?

Infinity where a good 60% of the range is Plugsuit dudes?

AoS's rules are fine, any person who disagrees usually never played AoS and usually plays Warmahordes.
>>
>>53109386
Since when "generic" isn't consistent aesthetic?
>>
>>53109153
>Sculpts get better
>WAAAAAAH WHY ARE SCULPTS BETTER KEK BTFO EPIC WIN

Maybe you should go back to /v/ and take your 2015 army of Black Templars with you.
>>
>>53109400
He's just dropping Buzzwords. The biggest issue with AoS right now is fast shooting armies can be a bit of a trouble and some of the older armies have less cool toys.

Other than that, the tourney scene for AoS is ten times more varied and less "Solved" than Warmahordes by a mile.
>>
>>53103771
What you're saying suggests to me the game would be better with 2D tokens instead of actual minis.
>>
>>53109416
It would be better.

Cardboard circle base with the name of the unit and it's height in inches.
>>
>>53109414
>He's just dropping Buzzwords.

There are literally no buzzwords in that post. Unless you count the ones offered by the guy he's quoting.
>>
>>53109403
But anon, I don't own any 40k army. That's why I'm in better position than anyone who plays 40k right now.
>>
>>53109414
>The biggest issue with AoS right now is fast shooting armies can be a bit of a trouble and some of the older armies have less cool toys.
It isn't issue
>>
>>53109439
>I don't own thing
>Therefore I can judge people who own thing better

I still use some of my Rogue trader Space Marines for Sternguard vets.

You have literally no clue what the fuck you're talking about /v/tard.
>>
>>53109397
>Depends what your asking for consistent Aesthetic?

An aesthetic that makes the game feel like it's all occurring in the same setting. AoS doesn't achieve this.

>AoS's rules are fine

I find them painfully simplistic and boring. Haven't played since the first few months when everyone was trying it out, but the core rules are just too pared down. There's functionally no differences between a lot of the things you can field, and there's very little tactical element that comes with them.

>any person who disagrees

Le strawman.
>>
>>53109434
>Has no decently designed models
>No consistent aesthetic
>Or Solid rules

He's basically spouting vague statements that have no real meat to them.

What about the rules are bad?
What makes the models look bad?
What does he mean by consistent aesthetic?

He talks shit, so why should we accept his stupidity.
>>
>>53109397
>AoS's rules are fine
Top kek
>>
>>53109478
>An Aesthetic that makes the game feel like it's all occuring in the same setting.

By this logic Warhammer fantasy never did this. Or 40k doesn't do this.

Do you need everything to be like Infinity or Warmahordes, where every faction feels like a recolour outside of a few select units?

>I find them painfully simplistic and boring. Haven't played since the first few months when everyone was trying it out, but the core rules are just too pared down. There's functionally no differences between a lot of the things you can field, and there's very little tactical element that comes with them.

What army did you play and how many games? Because this sounds fucking stupid to me.
>>
>>53109480
>He's basically spouting vague statements that have no real meat to them.

No more or less vague than saying that AoS does have any of those things.

So hush yourself, faggot, you're getting into a tiff over dumb internet shit.
>>
>>53101496

What is all the hate about?
It is an average miniature with a nice pose.

Only con i can identify it with is the huge hair.
>>
>>53109498
>How dare you point out his lack of argument
>You have no argument
>Shut up

How about this. Don't go into a Wargame discussion thread when you know fuck all about War games, then try and silence people who do?
>>
>>53109528
>people who do
>>53109480
>What about the rules are bad?
>>
>>53109547
Going somewhere this?

Or is your entire argument against AoS

>B-But AoS is bad.
>>
>>53109496
>By this logic Warhammer fantasy never did this.

Yeah, no, it really did. WHFB had a universal aesthetic. Everything looked like it could exist in the same world.

>Do you need everything to be like Infinity or Warmahordes, where every faction feels like a recolour outside of a few select units?

Confirmed for not knowing shit.

>What army did you play and how many games?

I tried my old dark elves, my lizardmen, my skaven, and the stormcast/khorne stuff that was available at the start. I even gave the older stuff another go later when the rules were brushed up some more.

I was actually really excited for AoS. The drastic dip in fluff quality was a nasty, but I'd always wanted a skirmish WHFB with rules tailored to that format, and I'd heard GW was taking stuff from LotR, their best system. Turns out they solely took the worst elements of it.
>>
>>53109557
Borring, primitive and unbalanced rules isn't enough?
>>
>>53109564
>Yeah, no, it really did. WHFB had a universal aesthetic. Everything looked like it could exist in the same world.

So what makes AoS so different, considering it shares like 90% of the aesthetic?

>Confirmed for not knowing shit

I actually know plenty. Warmahordes models are shit, and most people ignore the majority of Infinity infantry because they're forgettable garbage.

>I tried my Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven and the Stormcast Khorne stuff.

So again, I will ask you, What was your issue with AoS?

>>53109573
Hello Slavposter, nice to see you here. None of those fit with AoS sadly, maybe you should go back to /v/ were you belong.
>>
>>53109234
Yes it does. If it were installed backwards...
>>
>>53109528
You have just as little of an argument as that guy. Less, actually, since he's at least outlining why he finds AoS bad or boring, whereas you're just screaming BUZZWORDS BUZZWORDS HA and not providing any reasons why your vague statements about it being good are correct.

Stop being a faggot. Don't demand lengthy, detailed analysis if you're not doing it yourself.
>>
>>53109601
>None of those fit with AoS sadly,
>every new Battletome brokes balance and out new release on top of OP-armies
>3+/4+ for most of rolls
>maybe you should go back to /v/ were you belong.
Make me, Reddit
>>
>>53109604
So what exactly am I meant to write out as a counterpoint when he purposely avoids speaking his piece?

He replies with boring statements, I say they're false. You can't jump down my throat for me not writing out a thesis for his obvious fact he's not even played AoS.
>>
>>53109633
Hello Slavposter.

>Every new Battletome breaks the balance

KO are average, they just fill the "Ranged and mobile" meme meta.

>3+/4+ for most rolls

Exactly like WHFB but with less obscuration behind tables, and AoS is a game about buffs and debuffs so an average is fine to work off of.

>R-Reddit

The irony being you're Slavposter, the inbred retard who has never played AoS, so I guess it all comes full circle.

Maybe you retards should try playing AoS beyond "Rushing my old Elf army into the middle"
>>
>>53109656
>KO
Who?
>Exactly like WHFB
So what?
>and AoS is a game about buffs and debuffs so an average is fine to work off of.
Only if army isn't in current meta.
>Maybe you retards should try playing AoS beyond "Rushing my old Elf army into the middle"
>you must to buy starter and full 2k SCE/Sylvaneth army before talking about game, goy
>>
>>53109601
>So what makes AoS so different, considering it shares like 90% of the aesthetic?

Over half its models, i.e. everything from WHFB, look completely out of place beside anything from the new range. Almost everything from the new range barely looks like it belongs in the same setting, if at all.

>Warmahordes models are shit

Newer Warmahordes stuff is by far better designed than the awful tripe GW does now. You're being intentionally obtuse and basing your opinions on way outdated sculpts.

>and most people ignore the majority of Infinity infantry

Mate, what are you talking about? People don't ignore shit in Infinity. Do you mean there's less of each faction's most basic grunts per army or something? Of course there is, you dumbass, Infinity is a game about specialists with a model count rarely higher than twelve per list.

>So again, I will ask you, What was your issue with AoS?

...Why don't you read the posts above? I felt like almost all the models functioned and played the same, and there was little to differentiate them beyond minor bonuses. There was often no real finesse involved in any of these games, and models that had plenty of interesting applications and options in WHFB had become one trick ponies with a generic ability or two. The game was heavily skewed in favour of large, multi-wound things at the time, and there was no sense of balance being operative within the game, is often units with varying levels of implied eliteness were looking for the same rolls as everyone else. There was also no sense of interaction between models - you were always rolling 3s or 4s to do anything, no matter what you're rolling for or against, and that was boring both from a gameplay and simulationist angle.
>>
File: 1489918759356.jpg (53KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1489918759356.jpg
53KB, 600x620px
>>53109601
>considering it shares like 90% of the aesthetic
>>
This entire thread is:
>these models look better than GW's
>why is GW so shit at minis compared to 'X'
I don't know how many times I have to tell you mongoloids. The appeal of GW's models is customization along with the quality. I don't want to play with the same minis in the same pose as every other shitter, thanks.
>>
>AoSfaggots just had to come in and shit up the thread with their tabletop evangelizing

Fucking hell, why do you people always do this?

Stop trying to pretend AoS is good outside of the general. All it does is fuck up threads when someone else offhandedly says you're wrong and the AoSDF shows up to sperg out about their abusive relationship with GW.
>>
>>53109749
>is customization along with the quality.
Todd, please
>>
File: Dwarf_Slayer.png (261KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_Slayer.png
261KB, 300x454px
>>53109719
Don't know why you'd pick a model that is pretty much exactly 90% the same as its whfb counterpart.
>>
>>53109691
Dude.

Just admit you don't play AoS when you spout stupid shit like

>Muh 3+/4+ rolls
>WHFB had less one trick pony and Gimmick units
>Large wound models are the centre of the game.
>>
>>53109790
If you can't see how those are different, you need your eyes checked.

Please don't try to defend Fyreslayers, they're possibly the worst new models I've seen in years.
>>
>>53109564
>Everything looked like it could exist in the same world.

Yeeah, not really. WFB was essentially historical humans+ high fantasy elves+ grimdark fantasy chaos+ whatever fell into the kitchen sink of lizardmen, dwarves and misc. GW also used to have a ton of very varied sculptors on retainer, leading to very clashing models in the same army depending on who sculpted each unit. Only rise of CAD enforced uniformity in style.
>>
>>53109769
not an argument
>>
>>53109790
>90% the same
Daily remind that red beards isn't 90%
>>
>>53109810
>says man without arguments
>>
File: zeusdeal.gif (1MB, 280x166px) Image search: [Google]
zeusdeal.gif
1MB, 280x166px
>>53109802
>I can't argue back legitimately so I'll just pretend he's wrong and say some shit about not playing the game
>yeah that won't be blatantly obvious

Thanks for admitting defeat, bro.

Peace out.
>>
>>53109823
name a game with quality of models with the same customization as GW's plastics. I'm waiting.
>>
File: slayer.jpg (28KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
slayer.jpg
28KB, 600x620px
>>53109812
>Red beard
>Fat midget

I mean sure, he picked a bad picture for comparison

But this model is pretty spot on. Only difference is Fyreslayers wear big helments.
>>
>>53109827
Because how can I argue against points like

>Large Multi-Wound models are the centre of the game

When that's just factually incorrect. If Multi-Wound models were the best, we'd see more Warherd armies or Gutbusters. I mean legit, your every complaint screams "I played Dark Elves and didn't win, so the game sucks"
>>
>>53101496
It's old as shit, you're cherry picking and you know it. Asides from that, if you're picking up a PP game for the painting/converting hobby you are shooting yourself in the foot regardless of sculpt quality.
>>
>>53109156
>Pencil skirt

This game make rock hard. But that is so far in between with each model. That I end getting models for other games.

My Inquisitor army fucking loves Malifaux, Infinity, warmachine and third party.
>>
>>53109842
>But this model is pretty spot on.
Because "red beared dwarf with axe"?
>>
>>53109463
I don't judge you, silly, I just say that in a few months I can start collecting my brand new beautiful SM army while you're stuck with powerarmored sissy retards.
>>
>>53109831
>name a game with quality of models with the same customization as GW's plastics
>>
>>53109831
>customization
Nice meme, bro.
>>
>>53110119
And I'll still be using my Johnny.
>>
>>53110144
If I wanted to have my models cost that much, I'd move to Australia.
>>
>>53108352
Thanks. They do look a look better in the line drawings. I can clearly see how the foregrip is supposed to work now.

Infinity mini's have a lot of detail...
>>
>>53110144
Oh, look, printerfags are here. Did you manage to pring decent model without machine that costs like a new car?
>>
I agree, the goofy looking war jacks is the biggest turn off for me with WmH... there was a used army at my lgs that had about 40 mini's for $100 and it sat there for months. Even though it was a steal at that price.
>>
>>53110210
>don't like Warhammer, but post 3d printer
>y-y-y-you'are poorfag!
>>
>>53110226
I don't like warhammer either, it doesn't mean that 3D-printable models are even an option.
>>
>>53110226
How the fuck did you jump to poorfag when he said more expensive than a car.

The thing is under 1k dollars 3d printers still suck ass when compared to molds for resin, plastic or metal.
>>
>>53110239
>doesn't mean that 3D-printable models are even an option
Not for the individual at least. Getting high-end 3d printer could work as a community purchase where people either pool the money and each have their own printing done or one person does the investment with the plan to "rent" the service to the others.
But then we have difficulties getting two people together for a game, so I can hardly imagine getting couple dozens for such a project.
>>
>>53110288
Okay, let's assume that we have 10 people ready to buy a high-end printer. How much money would it require from each of them, in your opinion?
>>
>>53109691
>Infinity is a game about specialists with a model count rarely higher than twelve per list.

>laughing in kurva
>>
>>53109044
Why is that lasgun barrel upside down?
>>
>>53109842
>Only difference is Fyreslayers rape the bloodied corpse of the fluff upon which their entire faction and lifestyle was based.

Using Fyreslayers in defence of Aos should be an instant disqualification.
>>
>>53110304
I said couple dozens people, not a dozen people.
ProJet MJP 3600 Series (arguably the best 3D available for general public) clocks some $80k.
>>
>>53110426
Excluding expenses on service, time, enegry, and materials?
>>
>>53110500
Yes, the tech is not cheap enough. Maybe in a decade or so it will be.

But hell even home printers are on the expensive side all things consider.
>>
>>53110500
Yeah, just for the machine. Though expenses on energy and material are comparatively negligible, you biggest issue is covering cost of the device.
>>
File: 1355750748942.jpg (158KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1355750748942.jpg
158KB, 800x1200px
>>53102486

TLoS is fine for games based on single model units.

how 40K handels LOS from 5th on is pants on head retarded.

>Hay look at this forest template with 2 trees on it!
>on well i can clearly see 1/10,000 of your tank through the crack in the building, the window of that one, between your dreads legs, through the fin on the landspeeder. Its ok though you get a 5+ cover save!

proper LOS for a minis game should still look ok and have good rules. a proper forest for TLOS would be packed with trees which makes gaming hard.

Or you do LOS like LOTR uses where its all single model to single model. and if you want to shoot my guy behind the wall and 3 trees you are gonna have a hell of a time hitting him.

Did a demo of infinity and i liked how they worked out LOS. but again the game requires VERY thick terrain coverage.

As it stands a standard 40k table seen at adepticon, nova open or any other toruney i have been to is just a big ass open killing field with a few shit cover saves thrown around.
>>
>>53107558

Not sure what its like for you. But in both my town and the next town over about %80 of the player base is SJW and feminazis.
>>
>>53110650
>but again the game requires VERY thick terrain coverage.
In Infinity we like everything to be EXTRA THICC
Pic related should be good enough tho.
>>
>>53110650
>Did a demo of infinity and i liked how they worked out LOS. but again the game requires VERY thick terrain coverage.

Which is a very large hurdle to get past initially. You can't have ruined buildings pretty much, because due to TLOS, I can shoot you through five buildings as long as the windows line up.
>>
>>53110714
Weak. Not enough terrain. Needs at least twice that.
>>
>>53110714
So a normal 40k game?
>>
>>53110755
I would call you a fucking yank, but those are actually from Rumble at Route 66 tournament.

>>53110763
Note that none of those buildings are ruined.
>>
>>53110728

TLOS is ok for model to model games. when you have units that must stick together you need area terrain.

4th ed 40k had solid LOS rules. by todays standard the terrain sucked. but if we had todays standards with 4th ed los rules today we would see very practical gaming tables with good looking terrain.
>>
>>53110781
>They are not ruined buildings

That matters because?

In anycase I was just talking about terrain density.
>>
>>53110714
>>53110781

The more Z axis elements you have the better the game is.
>>
>>53110828
>That matters because?
Can't speak for Infinity but in 40k you'd frequently want models to enter inside the building. That's easily portrayed with destroyed building / through missing roof. With full/sealed building it gets more abstract.
>>
>>53109603
No, more vertical, like you put your thumb through the hole.
>>
>>53110859
You could do both, even in 7th.

It had stupid rules like templates hitting all floors. Wish 4th edition terrain rules were still a thing, those made sense.
>>
File: IMG_0853.jpg (381KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0853.jpg
381KB, 1600x1066px
>>53110828

Wait do you really think tables of 40k look like that?

have you not seen the tables at the big tourneys?

That infinity table would be considered heavy terrain for even kill team in 40k terms. you MIGHT see that much for shadow war.

Here you go from adepticon 2017. 2 hills templates, 2 building templates and 2 tree templates for a total of 6 elements.
>>
>>53101679
Its the opposite of modern WH
Minis look bad, rules and playing is pretty good
WH minis look great but rules and gameplay is unbalanced and shit
>>
>>53110714
Not enough cover in my experience. building corners are shit cover.
>>
>>53110940
Ah waacfag scene that is the problem.

We have been playing with dense terrain for decades. Lucky for us the local waac made their own waac club. It is shameful and sad to see those tables and games
>>
File: templecon13-40k.jpg (220KB, 1024x647px) Image search: [Google]
templecon13-40k.jpg
220KB, 1024x647px
>>53110828
>That matters because?
Easier to run squads of infantry through. 40k tables need a lot of open space for the big armies to be able to maneuver. And they can be larger, 6' x 4' is not unusual, while Infinity has a strict 4' x 4' rule as well as minimum number of terrain pieces listed in the rulebook.

>In anycase I was just talking about terrain density.
Looks a bit too dense for my IG tank army or my friend's 'Nid swarm to roll around. Most tables I played on had half that density and the buildings were usually ruined.
>>
>>53110999
That needs more shit. And I fucking play with tons of tanks and transport.

All though we had to work around retarded terrain rules of 7th.
>>
>>53110984
Each building has parapets and there's a few ladders to get on top of them. I've found that a lot of tables look too empty until you get down to model level.
>>
>>53110828
>They are not ruined buildings
>That matters because?
In Infinity everything's on permanent overwatch. You avoid this by flanking, sneaking (as Camouflage markers or by Cautions Movement), setting up smoke cover, and forcing unfavorable contested rolls upon the reacting opponent.

40k-type ruined buildings are often full of holes. Every time you move behind such a Swiss cheese of empty windows you're effectively exposing yourself to enemy fire.
>>
>>53111071
Which, ironically, makes it very unrealistic. IRL soldiers need to consider ammo and don't just blaze at a kneecap that peeked through a hole in a wall, but in infinity, where everyone runs on IDKFA, it's worth it.
>>
>>53110704
It's nothing like that in the UK as far as I've experienced, but I'm confused as to how that would even come up, or why it would impact your gaming unless you have a knee-jerk response to simply learning that fact.

Having said that, my last game was four hours of non-stop puns about my Performers and other Showgirls going down to blasts to the face from Mr Graves' great big stick, or being paralysed by Pandora's magic fingers.
>>
>>53111071
Wait so people actually just play ruins in 40k?

No wonder people bitch so much about balance.

We use everything, trees, soft and hard cover, complete building, ruins, chest high walls, barbed wire, bunkers and stuff you can get inside and shoot, etc.

Mind you we ditch the retard 7th edition terrain mechanic.
>>
>>53111117
That's why you don't react with shooting unless you have good chances to hit your enemy.
>>
>>53110940
>Miniatures game
>Everthing in the foreground is five-inch action figures
>40k
>>
>>53111117
>Which, ironically, makes it very unrealistic

And letting a squad of daemons get closer to you when you and all your buddies have guns is?

In Infinity all models are supposed to represent top-level expert soldiers and operatives (even the furries), trained to have lightning reflexes. And if you're in unfavorable range (say a guy is shooting at your hacker chick with a Sniper rifle and all she has is a shotgun) you usually declare Dodge instead of BS attack, hiding from enemy fire. Guys with Smoke grenades can throw them at their feet when shot at.

There's also the fact that it is all supposed to happen "at once", so if an ORC declares Move, receives BS attack ARO from a Keisotsu and then also declares BS attack shooting at the reacting guy, with the result being a dead Keisotsu, the action was "an ORC came out running and spraying bullets at a Keisotsu, who barely managed to pull the trigger in reaction once before getting hit, missing". If the ORC was hit instead and all his shots cancelled, the action would be "an ORC came out running and attempted to shoot a Keisotsu, but he was shot before taking a good aim, sending his shots wide".

It's gamey and takes a while to adjust to, but it makes for a very exciting game.
>>
>>53111132
Hold up, are you an idiot?
Don't you know that the Cities of Death (TM) plastic half-a-building box, for only ninety nine ninety nine, contains all the terrain you need for a full game of Warhammer 40,000 - In the Grim Darknesbalsadglnkaz

I have heard this said unironically in my local GW many years ago.
>>
>>53111133
Crit hits mean that if you are not being actively shot at, there is no reason not to declare shoot aro- you have 1 in 20 chance to hit and wound the enemy without any saves allowed, in a game where even mechas have only 3 wounds.
>>
>>53111313
Yeah, it surely is unrealistic, I better drop infinity right now and start playing a game where my dudes stand tall doing nothing while daemons fuck them in the ass, which is much more fun and close to reality. Thanks for advice!
>>
I play GW games because they are widely popular, their models are high quality detailed plastic, they are modular, and I like what GW is doing now with AoS and 40k.

Infinity and Malifaux are too niche.

WMH is too focused on "tournaments" so you could play the game with nothing but felt cutouts and bases that have a name written on them.
WMH also feels like a magic the gathering deck in the sense that you're just trying to pull off some huge combo to win, every time.
>>
>>53111313
A 5 percent chance to crit automatically ruins an entire game?
Yeah, because something that happens about twice a game really breaks it.

In the meantime my guardsmen stand idly by as assault marines run a few hundred metres through open ground and the rest of the army does nothing to support the guys who are charged.
>>
>>53111445
>GW'S models
>high quality
You can only pick one
>>
>>53111939
You don't understand it, they just save their ammo.
>>
>>53111964
Whilst stood inside a building with live standard size mechanicus approved power ports?
>>
>>53103105

But pp´s latest and greatest cost more than GW´s... And don't try and pull this "its a skirmish game" bs on us, because we all know this isn't the truth.
>>
>>53111313
Not only are crits only 1 in 20 chance, in ARO you have only one shot while your opponent can have as many as 5, which means he has a higher chance of hitting a crit than you have of hitting at all if you're at a -9 MOD or such.
>>
File: new female mini.jpg (221KB, 683x666px) Image search: [Google]
new female mini.jpg
221KB, 683x666px
>Corvus Belli miniatures
>>
>>53113856
Anita please go.
>>
>>53110763
Are you fucking retarded? Seeing even 1/5th of that terrain would make a 40k player reeeee hard enough to wake up the Battletech guy.
>>
>>53110988

They ruin everything they touch.

I used to love playing the smaller 40k in 40 mins tourneys at adepticon. then one year the WAAC faggots that could not cut it in the main event discovered it.

Spoted one guy moving terrain around and found out eaxctly why after our game started... it just so happend there were LOS blocking walls taking up a large portion outside of my deployment zone. he placed his stealers there without even measuring to see if they could infeltrate there stating he knew it was outside of 12 inches. it was 12.25 inches out so he could do it.

>his turn he moved some minis around and put one stealer in each unit up on top
>i moved up to heavy flamer his ass
>OH! those guys are not really there, i had to put them there to balance them.
>Oh ok. well in that case ill move over here inste....
>LOLNO! its your shooting phase now!
>Call the TO over
>turns out he is the dickbags friend
>my chimeras had to stay put (WHAT A TWIST!)

Did all i could do by giving him a 0 on sports and reporting the incident to a few of the cons big wigs. Though i doubt anything ever came of it. Adepticon has this habbit of having its staffers winning lots of awards.
>>
>>53110714
>>53110781
>>53111055

How are the pre colored plast craft buildings for infinity?

I have really been thinking of getting into infinity and those look like that would be a real time saver. Not sure if they would fit well with the USARF i want to run (murrica boner) But eh.
>>
>>53114935
Really really good anon. We have a load at my club and look amazing.

Aridnia fit well with most scenery, just avoid the more obviously eastern stuff.
>>
>>53110940
Imagine the smell of that room
>>
File: IMG_3153.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3153.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53118007

The halls are huge. there are a lot of big fat nasties there but it has enough air room that i never noticed any smell.
>>
>>53101496

>What kept you away from warmachine

The competitiveness of the community. Much like infinity.
>>
>>53109719
Why does that fat baby have a mohawk and an axe?
>>
>>53114202
nah that's upper end of normal for 40k.
>>
I don't know if the rule still applies now, but before in 40k, when you would be playing on a 6x4, you'd split it into six squares, and fill one square entirely with terrain, and that's the amount of terrain you used for the battle.

>>53119216
This just looks depressing. And I'm only mostly talking about the felt blobs. Thankfully I only ever played tabletop with friends, so other then a few bad experiences at some "big" tournies, my 40k career has been pretty awesome.
>>
>>53109488
>ITT retards that can't into positioning or planning for the possibility of themselves or their opponent getting a double turn
>>
>>53123152
>6 squares
No, it was always a quarter of the board worth of terrain.
>>
>>53114202
I consistently play 40k with more terrain with that, the only difference is the roads are a little thicker and the buildings are damaged.

40k is a much better game with more terrain and lower points. (750-1500) Even orks and mele focused armies do well. ESPECIALLY if they have move through cover.
>>
>>53111270
>Your local GW
You mean the people working for a company that actively told them to just sell sell sell no matter how cuntish and intolerable it made you as a person in the eyes of your customers, ignoring if it was even for the army they wanted to play?

Because that used to be their policy and a lot of them still have those employees.
>>
File: 20170204_102704.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_102704.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>53123349
>40k is a much better game with more terrain and lower points.
Shame that the competitive scene has to account for multiple 120 mm bases on both sides of the table, as well as provide enough points to justify the purchase of said monstrosities.
>>
>>53123233
this, and that was the minimum as well.
>>
>>53124365
Those are a mistake we all know that.

They were made during the Kirby lets milk the fuck out of the clients till we brake.
>>
>>53124365
Tournaments also have to account a large number of tables. That may be a lot of terrain pieces to bring. Organizers often take the easy route and chose emptier tables for that reason more than any game related reason.
>>
>>53124365
yes because it would be a bad for people to be able to use minis that take up less space than a landraider.
>>
>>53123152

Those felt blobs are for space combat games. Sculpted terrain isn't exactly at a premium for those.
>>
>>53103105
>price gouged all the time
>60$ for 12 infantry figures
kek
>>
>>53124365
what are this kekbots ?
>>
File: IMG_2472.jpg (51KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2472.jpg
51KB, 500x281px
>>53109085
>en-AU
>>
File: We 40K now.jpg (110KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
We 40K now.jpg
110KB, 960x541px
>>53124365
Why don't you like big centerpiece models anon? Do you hate fun?
>>
>>53110951
This is why you play lotr.
>>
>>53107204
>vents pointed towards the front
>exposing your most vulnerable points to the enemy

what is this shit?
>>
>>53110161
this

Ive played against someone who used a piece of a 2x4 to represent a rhino

i think people who started collecting years ago have it better, they get to look at their collection with pride and remember the good time

I am still looking to buy johnnys
>>
>>53104304
Yup.
>>
>>53130103
Nanomachines, son
Those are launch bays for a cloud of deconstruction nanobots
>>
File: 20170204_131430-1.jpg (4MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170204_131430-1.jpg
4MB, 4032x2268px
>>53129511
>big centerpiece models
More like big every model, who needs infantry amirite?
Even after dropping 40k, I'm still a bit rustled that Tau went from the practical combined arms guys to the ORE WA GUNDAM DA faction in less than three years. Riptides were a mistake
>>
>>53110951

Except warmahordes plays like shit, and contemporary GW figs look like shit

They're actually both just lumbering behemoth corpses propped up by cancerous WAACfags and nostalgics who refuse to let go
Thread posts: 247
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.