[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you play a true Hero, /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

How do you play a true Hero, /tg/?
>>
You fight on either side of the trojan war and die.
>>
>>53100862
pls
>>
Get caught by a real villain, a villain number one.
>>
>>53100807
Stay alive long enough to grow cynical and become a villain.
>>
File: cohen the barbarian.jpg (256KB, 790x1011px) Image search: [Google]
cohen the barbarian.jpg
256KB, 790x1011px
>>53100807
Abide by The Code.
>>
Being really, really good at one thing, awful at other, and good enough or average at the rest.
>>
>>53101259
That's the opposite of what I asked for.
>>
>>53100807
By embodying an exaggerated form of the virtues of all those around you while shouldering their burdens. You must be the best of them. The greatest of them.
>>
>>53101498

Yeah, but how do you DO that? How do you deal with situations that have no right answer, how do you compromise? How much do you compromise?
>>
>>53101617
Paradox is difficult, but those who face it are forced to employ independent thought. Through that they will realize that only they can choose for themselves what is right, and what should be done. A hero is just a man who knows he is free.
>>
Let me expand upon the question.

How do you play a heroic character who wouldn't compromise and let evil get away, or let good people go unaided even when there's little benefit, and still have that character work with your standard adventuring party?

It feels like whenever I try to do good, I'm derailing the session and DM's plans.
>>
>>53102024
Honestly, ask your DM. Maybe he doesn't want heroic characters in his setting, or maybe he defines heroism differently than you do.
>>
>>53102064
I've gone through it with him. He was pretty enthusiastic and even gave me homebrewed abilities to better save people.

But in the actual game, we move too fast with a bit too much handwaving, and in order to be the larger-than-life hero the world needs, I'd hog both the spotlight and session time from the other players.
>>
File: C66133gVsAA3UuZ.jpg (65KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
C66133gVsAA3UuZ.jpg
65KB, 590x350px
>Leave the protective enclave of rigid culture to willingly expose yourself to the unknown
>Confront the threatening / promising creature that represents chaos
>Synthesize a useful tool from the body of unorganized creative potential that chaos represents
>Use that tool to revitalize the stagnant, rigid structure of culture to a dynamic and vital entity.

>Bonus points if you travel to the underworld to rescue your father, who is the representation of culture.
Source: Pic related
>>
File: 421678-639px-MatoroMahri.png (221KB, 320x299px) Image search: [Google]
421678-639px-MatoroMahri.png
221KB, 320x299px
>>53100807
....too many feels to elaborate right now....
>>
File: drive-movie-wallpaper-8.jpg (476KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
drive-movie-wallpaper-8.jpg
476KB, 1920x1080px
>>53100807
By being a real human bean
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.