[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Capes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 18

File: shadow_stalker_worm_fanart.jpg (107KB, 700x906px) Image search: [Google]
shadow_stalker_worm_fanart.jpg
107KB, 700x906px
About to start a new game with fresh players. 2 of them think superheroes are lame but they only know the generic marvel cinema stuff. I want to surprise them with a more nuanced and dark cape setting.

I have a few questions and i would really like some feedback for my ideas.

First i am going to present my modified world "inspired" (shamelessly copying) by worm and then i will present my basic plot outline.

1) Setting

a) There is no cosmic level shit shit going on like in worm (i try to avoid spoilers i think everyone who has read it knows what i am talking about).

b) Similar to Steelheart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reckoners) the authority of the state collapses in some areas. Its not as bad but there are Areas ruled by Epics/Capes where the state has no influence. What remains of the USA still control a large chunk of the country (control isn't as tight as in our world though) but resources (and capes who are loyal to the government) are spread thin trying to protect areas, reconquer others and rebuild destroyed cities.

There is open military warfare between some rogue states/territories and the central government but for most it is more of a cold war situation.

c) The first awakening of powers happens in a wave and affects random people. After that powers can manifest in individuals in a situation of great stress. In the first wave three categories of epics manifest. After that its overwhelmingly Class A powers that manifest.

Class A: Street level powers. People with guns still pose a threat. This is were the players start. Unlike in Worm Epics can develop new powers and expand on their old ones with experience. Class A epics are the weakest but they have a healthy mind. Class A Epics are the only category of Epics that don't develop severe mental illness when they awake. They can still reach Class B and C powers but their mind can adapt to the new powers so they can reach higher power levels without becoming mentally ill.

1/?
>>
>>53100237
>I want to surprise them with a more nuanced and dark cape setting.
I hope you don't mean this as in session 1 'surprise you thought you were in generic marvel cinema stuff but you're in wormtown'

Getting players on the same page for genre expectations ad power levels before the game starts is incredibly important for super games. If you have someone trying to be squirrel girl and someone trying to be punisher and someone trying to be Silver Surfer, one or all of them are going to end up disappointed
>>
>>53100237
>a more nuanced and...cape setting
>Worm
Hahahahahahahaha.
>>
File: Lungfinal.png (1MB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Lungfinal.png
1MB, 1800x1800px
>>53100300

Nah. They will work out a normal human with background and family and then we will work out powers together in the first session.

>>53100349
Inspired. Worm is not that bad if you cut out the cringe inducing shit.

>>53100237

Class B: Epics who awaken at Level B are considerably stronger but develop at least one mental illness when they awake. This mental illnesses can range from Paranoia too full blown anti-social personal disorder. Most Class B's tend to become Villains due to this but some strive to be heroic despite the inner demons that plague them.

Strong Class B's can go toe to toe with military units and even win in the right circumstances.

Class C: High Level Epics. Superman shit right there. The sudden influence of so much power without any time to adjust completely shatters their mind. These guys don't have a singular mental illness. They are stuck in their own autistic mind. Normal humans and lower class epics are unable to communicate with them. Its not clear if they communicate with each other but at least they tend to flock together into small teams.

They show erratic behavior. Short and intense city destroying outbursts of violence and long periods of being stuck in their own mind unable to really interact with the outside world (except when they are physically threatened).

These guys are my S-Level threats, my Godzilla. The looming threat in the Dark.
>>
>>53100427
2) My basic story outline.

a) Players start as ordinary human beings in the first wave of the awakening. They discover they have powers. Unfortunately a group of Class C's awakens in their city or near to it.

( I am not sure if i should start with a longer period where everything is somewhat normal or if the Class C's should start leveling the city right at the start).

The Class C's start destroying the city and the players have to hide in a secure spot or get the fuck out of the city. ( Eventually they will try and save their family or loot or whatever)

(At some point the military steps in and is able to push them back with heavy losses, destroying the city even more with the big guns. This happens all over the USA explaining why the Epics have success in taking over some cities)

Once the C's are gone i hope the players will return to the destroyed cities (or go elsewhere, completely fucking up my idea).

b) Surviving in the ruined city is the next step. Public infrastructure is completely fucked up including Law Enforcement. Gangs form and i plan to create a Sandbox for my players. Here they can decide if they wan't to go more Hero or Villain or do their own thing.

c) The military reestablishes contact and brings in first supplies. For the players a bigger stage should slowly open where they are able to support the old order or establish their own.

d). After that maybe they start hunting C's or whatever. This will depend on the story that has unfolded up until this point.
>>
>>53100684
Have you played Infamous? If not you might want to look into it. 1 and 2 have similar themes to what you're going with and might have some good inspiration.
>>
>>53100719
My TV is fucking broke but once i get a new one that is on my list. Is the gameplay actually good?

>>53100684

Questions:

1) I was thinking about using Wild Talents. Is the rule system actually able to portray the power scale i want to achieve (basically Jessica Jones to Superman).

2) Are there better systems ?

3) I would be very happy about feedback, ideas and general input.
>>
i found that Worm games only work when everyone knows its a Worm game

then its some of the greatest shit
>>
>>53100772
>Jessica Jones
Which one.
Comic's wise, she is a flying brick with really good strength.

The MCU one is leagues bellow.
>>
>>53100805
The MCU one. I am not really fond of the show and stopped looking soon but the impression i got of her was street level and thats what i am aiming for at the start.
>>
>>53100772
It's a bit dated and has some 'open world' game problems but it's still a solid 8/10.
>>
>>53100859
Welp. Maybe i have to buy a PS 3 then.
>>
>>53100427

What was cringey about Worm anyway?.
>>
>>53100237
So, how does this work?Do I just pick a side?Do I throw a coin? Or can I be both skub and anti-skub at the same time?
I just wish we had gotten more parahumans online shitposting
>>
>>53101330

In my opinion?

>enemies who constantly have (much) better powers and taylor always overcomes them

>no one just fucking shoots the undersiders

>taylor wins against far superior enemies in close combat

>the love and school parts were meh

>>53101368
Skub ? Anti-Skub ? Enlighten me fameroni
>>
File: 1460334312114.png (910KB, 682x642px) Image search: [Google]
1460334312114.png
910KB, 682x642px
>>53100237
>a worm inspired thread

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
CAPES OF RAIN CITY TO RESUME TOMORROW AFTERNOON/EVENING.
JIM MAC LIVES

IF YOU LIKE WORM, YOU MAY LIKE THIS QUEST.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=capes%20of%20rain%20city%20quest
>>
File: skub.png (121KB, 800x269px) Image search: [Google]
skub.png
121KB, 800x269px
>>53101413
On /tg/, Worm is classic skub. Post anything worm related, and you will immediately have several people decreeing it's utter shit, and several other people stalwartly defending it, to the point where it gets very difficult to have actual discussions about the setting itself. Almost the exact same argument can be had with any number of controversial topics, e.g. "quests are fun", "DnD sucks" and the like.
>>
File: fatbot.jpg (27KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
fatbot.jpg
27KB, 400x426px
>>53101644

Ah i see. Yeah i noticed that. I mean what i have in mind isn't exactly worm but just inspired by it and several other things.
>>
>>53101644
>skub
in context.

what is Skub?
>>
>>53102498
A generic placeholder name for something that polarizes people and turns the thread into a two way flamewar between supporters and opposers.
>>
>>53101413
>taylor overcomes people w/ greater powers/cc
to be fair, her real power is that of versatility and creativity. that she controls bugs isn't that OP, but she uses them in smart ways. the multitasking really helps too. she also gets her ass handed to her sometimes and has to let the big shots take over.

>nobody shoots the undersiders
brockton has way bigger problems to worry about than a bunch of villains who don't kill, just rob and make chaos. also, unwritten rules.

>love and school
eh, i can see where you're coming from. i thought the pacing wasn't great myself.
>>
>>53103038
in defense of the series taylor could have died in several instances at the roll of a die. just like the rest of the characters
>>
File: 1492271435528.jpg (96KB, 736x728px) Image search: [Google]
1492271435528.jpg
96KB, 736x728px
>>53103038
>but she uses them in smart ways

That often seem very convenient. Oh hey i have just learned about the cape that produces a fucking hallucinogen and can use that to overcome the fucking fire breathing metal dragon that only gets stronger the longer the fights lasts.

To me the parts of the story were other capes have to pov are much more interesting.

>brockton has way bigger problems to worry about than a bunch of villains who don't kill, just rob and make chaos. also, unwritten rules.

>unwritten rules

True but especially on the villain side: A lot of them break them and people like hookwolf never gave a fuck.

Lets take Bakuda. She is a fucking genius. It shouldn't have been hard for her to divide the group and organize 1 person that can moderately shoot to just shoot one of them in the back.

>i thought the pacing wasn't great myself

True.

>>53103164
Don't get me wrong i like the series but for my suspension of disbelief it would have done wonders if taylor would have been graced with a stronger power.
>>
>>53103164

You mean exactly once in the Leviathan fight?

Otherwise she had retarded plot armour for days, she won or survived like 4 different fights she should have outright been murdered in.
>>
>>53103220
And a lot of the enemies had a huuuuge difference how they were presented and how they acted.

Often enemies who were presented as clever and powerful acted in a dumb way to enable Taylor to win.
>>
>>53103242

Mannequin, Alexandria, Oni Lee and Bakuda all should have killed her, some more than once. Jack Slash I can accept not killing her on account of him just playing a game, and she makes it interesting, but the rest have no excuse.

Also, outwitting the Dragon drone and the scene at Arcadia were both stupid beyond belief.
>>
>>53103961
Alexandria didn't want to kill her. The plan was to goad skits into attacking her then arrest her and force her into employment under cauldron.
>>
>>53103214
Bakuda is a megalomaniac, she isn't practical in the slightest.
>>
>>53105551
Don't underestimate her. If she was slightly more tactical, she would be an A-Class threat.

Her bombs can replicate the effects of other capes, and bypass the Manton Effect while doing it.

She has time bombs, black-hole bombs and time/space flesh warping bombs.
>>
>>53101330
Having only gotten to Migration, the only things that I have really noticed is that sometimes people seem a little too willing to engage in moral arguments and other crap in the middle of things. Especially when they are usually shown to not give a fuck, especially when they have fate bending powers and get keikakued by a certain know it all exactly because he seemd unusually willing to engage in taylor's bullshitting.

Also holy fuck Cody is a fag.

Also, why aren't Endbringers like Leviathan just dog piled by Apaches, AC-130s and drones the second she shows his ugly mug? Pretty certain you could slap shit on a drone or helicopter that's more usefull than a few strong heroes and a bunch of street level chucklefucks, especially with the availability of tinkers.
>>
>>53106782
>Also, why aren't Endbringers like Leviathan just dog piled by Apaches, AC-130s and drones the second she shows his ugly mug?
Because they almost definitely tried that and it didn't work out that well.

You remember how during the Leviathan fight Lisa started talking about how the Endbringers are constructed like an onion and get exponentially more dense and durable the deeper you go into them? Even one of the AC-130's tank cannons will just scratch their skin. The only reason that they can even get driven off is because ultimately because they're not fighting seriously.
>>
>>53106962
Speaking of endbringers.

This was my first thought when the Simurgh showed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs
>>
>>53100237
>2 of them think superheroes are lame

They're right.

And you know what makes capes even worse than they already are? Edgy bullshit. And you're steaming ahead for a big edgelord shitpile.

My advice? Nix it all. Play capes straight, the way they're intended. Big damn heroes taking out big damn villains. Because nothing will make "superpowers" sound remotely serious in any context. More to the point, your players are actually familiar with it, unlike this Worm shit. Pro-tip: You're never actually going to do it as well as the people who came up with it in the first place. Your players might actually dig "realistic" superheroes, but by the same right they could hate it. I certainly would, as i think one of the biggest issues with capes is it being a supergenre that takes itself way, way, WAY too seriously in trying to do anything from horror to romance.

And really, meta-commentary on superpowers is just not the realm of people who don't give two fucks about superpowers. I played in one capes game, and you know what I did? I just played a good, old science fiction standby. Cyborg, power armour, even just Captain Picard with a phaser will do. Because in the end, capes is just shitty science fiction, so you can actually sort of get away playing something non-retarded in a capes setting. With your Darklord Edgetard world, that's just not on the table. Everyone is Dark Batman (as if that dude needed any more edge) or Dark Spiderman.
>>
File: 1376974676756.jpg (202KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
1376974676756.jpg
202KB, 600x840px
Ever read Wildcards? "Realistic" superhero book series edited by the fatty that wrote ASOIAF and the sex is fucking crazy.

For instance some dude who turns into bugs is fucking some chick who is using her power to channel his dead girlfriend, then there's some frreaky mutated brood mother chick who births child super heroes that die with in minutes or months and random while the doctor that runs the facility she is contained in video tapes the breeding sessions and beats off to it, she eventually hooks up with a shape shifting teleporting hermaphrodite who goes undercover an psychotic Arab assassin fighting for the caliphate by day and some slutty super hero/assassin chick by night, who genuinely cares for her. The slutty alterego ends up in a triangle with the probably most powerful cape in the setting who suffers from multiple personality disorder, the dominant of which is currently an antifa cunt who spends his time fighting for an African communist dictatorship in their war against Nigeria, then she guns him down while he's taking a piss and dumps his body in the latrine not long after.
>>
>>53103961
>Oni Lee and Bakuda
She wasn't alone, everyone used their abilities relatively well, Bakuda and Oni Lee are both barely functional crazies, I can forgive some slight jobbing.

>Alexandria

Unforgivable. I could have swallowed a protracted fight with Alexandria holding her breath in a swarm, while demolishing the building to find Skitter, or something. Not 'oops I accidentally the strongest hero of the world'.

>Mannequin

Beyond ridiculous. Mannequin is presented as a master killer with a body of absurd technological advancement... and he is jobbing in CQC like a moron not once but twice.
>>
>>53100300
lies, you can most definitely mash up people from different genres of superheroes and still have a blast

heck, i would go so far as to say it makes things more colorful and entertaining, and fun
>>
>>53106782
>Also, why aren't Endbringers like Leviathan just dog piled by Apaches, AC-130s and drones the second she shows his ugly mug? Pretty certain you could slap shit on a drone or helicopter that's more usefull than a few strong heroes and a bunch of street level chucklefucks, especially with the availability of tinkers.
Because they tend to attack civilian centers suddenly and without warning? In the case of Leviathan, he also comes with a mobile hurricane on his location, in addition to moving idiotically fast? And Behemoth controls lightning? And the Simurgh can telekinetically pluck things out of the sky and fling them as projectiles?
The real answer is that the heroes don't do a whole lot against Endbringers to begin with. If the Endbringers were actually gunning to kill all humans, they'd dismantle all the heroes they were facing. But Endbringers are just jobbers trying to make Eidolon look good.
>>
>>53106782
Are you genuinely retarded?

Aircraft against a living hurricane, lightning lizard and a fucking telekinetic fate bender?

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>53101330
To me it was the constant ESCALATION ESCALATION ESCALATION, like the author heard about the advice that when your story gets boring, have a man walk in the door with a gun, and keeps having bigger men walk in the door with bigger guns.
>>
>>53104983
If Cauldron wanted Skitter they easily could have abducted her with Contessa and the Doormaker.
>>
>>53107087
Nice opinion. Duly noted.
>>
>>53109430
Fucking this, man. And I don't even understand why he did it. Early Worm was definitely a diamond in the rough with genuine bits of quality shining through, and then he basically threw all of that away to give the spotlight to kaijus and cosmic entities just making things worse.

Classic example of this:
>behemoth is kill
>yay
>new endbringer comes with countermeasures to what killed behemoth
>oh no
>and oh look a fourth
>oh no
>>
>>53109430
>>53109502
also:
>supervillains
>superdupervillains
>replacement superdupervillains
>9001 cloned superdupervillains
>>
>>53109502
Since it was written basically live week for week he kept things moving at a fast pace, he was afraid of losing the readerships interest if things started to slow down. That's why the timeskip was so terrible, I'm glad he's decided to move back and rewrite some of the bad stuff for the edited and final version.

I don't really agree about the focus on the cosmic level stuff though, it thought it was pretty great conceptually and just handled in a bad way.
>>
>>53109634
I don't mind the cosmic stuff as a concept, I actually really like how it explained the workings of powers. But the apocalypse and when it just became "endbringersendbringersendbringers ahhhh", I started getting pretty rustled.

Let me tell you something else that still really irks me about Worm. Taylor never got transferred to Arcadia.
>>
>>53109634
>it was pretty great conceptually and just handled in a bad way.
Basically anything that happened after the street and city level.

Except S9000, that was retarded in concept too.
Like the whole arc could just be deleted except for the ending where Jack talks to Scion and it would make absolutely no difference for the overarching plot.
>>
>>53109468
Look mate, superheroes are done to death, and I'm willing to bet that those two blokes are just going along with this to humour you. So I'm telling you in their stead: There's nothing remotely fun about sitting out a game that the GM is putting on primarily for himself and his insanely niche interest.
>>
>>53109861
I'm not OP.

But nice opinion. Duly noted.
>>
>>53109861
>superheroes
>niche
did you hit your head or something?
>>
>>53109885
No, he's just a europoor.
>>
>>53107819
>Beyond ridiculous. Mannequin is presented as a master killer with a body of absurd technological advancement... and he is jobbing in CQC like a moron not once but twice.

Tinker powers generally don't come with the ability to *use* the stuff you make, just the ability to make it - just because you can build knives into your hands doesn't make that you've got any knowledge of how to fight with them.
>>
>>53109929
Actually not true, Tinkers generally get side powers that makes them proficient at using the type of stuff they make.
(though that doesn't apply to Mannequinn because his specialization was something completely different and not weapon related)

The thing with Mannequinn was that he had a death wish, he could have murdered Taylor easily at multiple points in their fight but instead he reeled back to mock her.
>>
>>53109929
Right, and that totally justifies a frail little bug girl's victory over a literal killing machine. Taylor has plot armor like all protagonists.
>>
>>53100772
see
>>53041447 before its gone

these fucks are super helpful

as a veteran DM of wild talents, I've made full on apocalyptic threats with the system, you just need to know how to break action economy and use variable effect well. (Though the really game breaking extras are non-physical attack and go first)
>>
>>53107252
what the fuck
>>
>>53109861
>niche interest
>superheroes

First of all: The whole fucking concept of pen and Paper is niche you retard. And Superheroes are super mainstream wtf. MCU, Batman Trilogy etc.

Second:
>Done to death

Its 2k40-23. Whats not done to death ?

>inb4 just do DnD
>>
>>53107252
Ok the weird as hell sex stuff aside, is it worth reading?
>>
On the topic of capes, I need a good name for an electricity-centric tinker in the Wormverse. The names I have in the running are

>Arc
>Volt
>Shock Jock
>>
>>53110835
>Shock Jock

Only when he is at Street level or a DJ in his free time.

What about Zeus?
>>
>>53110887
Zeus is too pompous for his concept. I threw Shock Jock in there because he starts as independent and has a prolific online presence where he's not afraid to lay out exactly why he's independent. Plus, the PRT in Worm likes to keep a very tight hold on how Parahumans present themselves, so he will have that rebel vibe going for him.
>>
>>53110952

Then maybe Spark ? With an emphasis on the spark he tries to create to inflame in peoples minds (if he is that political).

Or is he more of a Swiss neutral ?
>>
>>53111029
It's more of a neutral thing. He doesn't attack the PRT in impassioned posts, more like he just lays out why he doesn't like them and what he thinks they're doing wrong, and also that he doesn't trust them.
>>
>>53111069
But he is a hero?

Or is he just a Rogue minding his own Business?
>>
>>53111100
Hero with strong opinions on how heroes should hero. For example, he dislikes Glory Girl because he thinks she's just a hero for the popularity and fun (refers to her as 'Glory Hound' in his narration).

But on the other hand I'm not taking him down the villain apologist road either.
>>
>>53111242
Sounds interesting. So heißt dislikes New Wave as posers and he dislikes the PRT for their crushing bureaucracy and rule fucking ?

Other Name idea: Plug
>>
>>53110835
I like shock jock.
>>
>>53100237
>more nuanced and dark cape setting.
>worm

You mean dumb and edgy tryhard?
Do you even know what nuanced means?
>>
>>53111330
He doesn't dislike all of New Wave. Just Glory Girl. He actually goes to Arcadia (because lol nuclear family with two decent incomes eat shit taylor) and has a class with Eric Pelham, a.k.a Shielder of New Wave. He thinks Eric is a pretty cool guy despite not being that close with him, and this is something meant to highlight that his beef with Glory Girl is mostly due to his own biases and not any real fault on her part.
>>
>>53111451
Oh fuck, I didn't realize this was just another poorly disguised wormfag spam thread.
>>
>>53111474
Yep you've fallen for it again, silly (you).
>>
>>53111489
Why do you keep trying to shove this garbage onto this board? Did you get kicked out of /co/ again by everyone laughing at your baby's first fanfiction?

At least spam in /lit/ instead of here.
>>
>>53111508
>spam
This is the only thread I see in the catalogue, please point me to the other ones.
>>
>>53111524
For something as unpopular and relatively unknown as Worm, even you making these threads every three days constitutes as spam. In fact, even if you did it once a month, it would still be off-topic spam.

You trying to mask it under several layers of misdirection in the OP doesn't really work when you just go ahead and do nothing but chat about Worm just to bump your thread.
>>
>>53111565
You seem awfully upset about something so seemingly minor.
>>
>>53111587
You seem awfully dedicated to spamming about your garbage series on this board.
>>
>>53111508
I didn't even make the thread, anon. I'm just taking advantage of it because apparently OP has absconded or has gotten what he needed and ceased trying to talk about it.

I mean hey, if you don't want the thread here, just report it. Either you have and nothing is happening because Worm has been on /tg/ well before your newfag ass ever showed up and will be here after you're gone (Worm 2 starts soon btw) or you won't report it because you enjoy shitposting so much.

Either way thanks for bumping the thread. Even if you know how to sage (doubtful) you're still getting replies.
>>
>>53111565
>even you making these threads every three days constitutes as spam
Then r e p o r t it.
>>
>>53111617
Please, you dumb piece of shit.
You are basically doing all you can to force the mods to extend to you the benefit of the doubt, so you don't get your threads deleted.

The rest of us don't have to be quite so stupid, and are free to point out that you've been trying to keep spamming about this shitty amateur writing on this board for quite some time now, probably just to advertise this Worm 2 business.

Worm doesn't belong here. It's not a traditional game, and no one actually plays the garbage system attached to it. So, you can stop pretending to be anything other than a off-topic shitspammer, and not making such a fool of yourself by pretending people can't see right through your clever little antics.

Like, fuck. You think the archive doesn't exist, and people can't easily track your little spamming agenda? You little piece of shit, go spam in /lit/ and /co/ and quit trying to carve out a niche for your shitty unreadable garbage here.
>>
File: 1469081160132.jpg (120KB, 465x787px) Image search: [Google]
1469081160132.jpg
120KB, 465x787px
>>53111404
Thanks.
>>
>>53111690
Digging the righteous fury anon, but again, I didn't make this thread. I've actually never made a Worm thread.

That niche is already carved, by the way. Newfag.
>>
>>53111746
Trying to pretend that Worm hasn't been treated like a shitty joke on /tg/ is a bad joke in itself. Trying to pretend it's not treated like a joke all over the site is just not being honest.

It's a bad bit of writing with a particularly awful fanbase, to the point where I'm not surprised you're trying to find refuge here. But, sadly, Worm sucks regardless of where you try to spam it.

And you must be a newfag to think that you're can try to fool the people here with such childish antics and attempts at disguising your spam. You were basically gushing in the OP like a faggot.
>>
>>53103961

I managed to ignore most of worm flaws, the story was fun and taylor having plot armor did not destroy my suspension of disbelief all most of the time, but Scion losing to Taylor was just too much.

Panacea actually removing the limits on taylor powers made no sense, the entities have been playing this game for years, and never once they noticed panacea power being used in that way in all the cycles? Worst of all, Panacea is a natural trigger, her shard has all the limitations that Scion put in place to make sure that power could never become a weapon against the entities, Scion knew he would have to fight humanity at the end of the cycle, and he crippled the shards in a way they would never harm him or Eden, there is no way no one in all of those futures did not use panacea shard in a act of desperation to try and kill the entities, Scion would have know of this simply because he has path to victory.

Then along comes panacea and disables all the limits of a shard, something that even Bonesaw never even imagined doing despite having 10000000% more knowledge about how shards and powers work than panacea, really?

And I dont buy Scion becoming emo in any way, no ones goes from mindless rage to despair in 0,1 seconds, unless they are truly unable to kill the people that are hurting them, Scion could have killed everyone at the end by just clapping his hands, the golden light is faster than sound and unavoidable, instead he kept attacking people 1 on 1, he never used path to victory to fuck them up despite the fact he clearly hated humans taunting him with Eden image, but instead of shattering the continent in mere seconds like he did before, all he did was use some easily avoidable attacks, and one huge telegraphed attack that gave everyone time to run to the portals, afterwards he just stood there like a good boy and was killed, what is this, a boss fight in world of warcraft?
>>
>>53111782
Well you know there was a good thread on /co/ that got all the way past the bump limit, and it's pretty much the only other board where it's posted so I don't know where you're getting this "it's a joke all over the site thing" from. It also has good threads here, on /tg/, and has for years, newfag.

And I'm not even OP, it's funny that you keep accusing me of it.
>>
>>53111834
What's with this offtopic bullshit?

>reads

It's amazing how the more you guys talk about this shit, the more everyone gets to see just how awful Worm is.

You guys might be the worst advertisers ever, except for the fact that I doubt anyone could talk about Worm without revealing just how shit it is.
>>
>>53111834
Yeah, Golden Morning was a mess. Blame it on Wildbow writing it live and not having much time to plan ahead.
>>
>>53111834
I'm pretty sure that the clap thing he did was tearing down his lifespan, he was running on his last bits of energy.
That was also why he wasn't constantly using the Path to Victory.

I agree about the Panacea thing though, there's no way the entities wouldn't put in limitations to prevent something like that from happening.
>>
>>53111866
Aren't shards extra-dimensional anyway? Like they don't literally reside in the brain.
>>
>>53111841
Please, quit trying with your "our little crew managed to hit bump limit in a containment thread! Look how proud I am!" faggotry.

Worm is a piece of shit written for edgy ten year olds. It's just another brand of Homestuck-style "garbage with a cancerous fanbase."

And quit it with your "we've had a few threads about this on /tg/ in the past, that means we should be allowed to spam this shit here now!" faggotry too. The fuck is wrong with you. That's exactly why it's good to call you out on your shitty spam now.
>>
>>53111900
>That's exactly why it's good to call you out on your shitty spam now.
Anon, your little manbaby fits are accomplishing nothing. Seriously report the thread, all the Worm threads you see on /tg/, and maybe, just maybe, you'll irk the mods enough to get them to do something. Or you'll just get banned, who knows?

Alright, this was a pleasant little exchange, but I'll leave you with the warning that excessive sodium is bad for your health.
>>
>>53111980
I'm sorry, but you seem to think that just by doing your best to skirt around the rules while paying lipservice to them, you can get people to act like your shitty spam isn't obvious.

What's your goal? If it's to get everyone to hate Worm, you seem on the right track, because you're already stretching your credibility by pretending that its anything except fanfiction-tier angsty shit.

Let's just say that this is for your own good, because you seem to really care about your Worm garbage, and by continuing to try to do this off-topic spamming, all you're going to do is generate more ire as more people come to realize just how fucking shitty it is and how much of a faggot you would need to be to try to spam about it on a traditional games board.
>>
File: 1490651656738.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490651656738.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>53111617
>>53111690
>>53111746
>>53111782
>>53111841
>>53111900
>>53111980
>>53112041

What is going on?
>>
>>53112112
I don't know but it happened in another thread too and I'm pretty sure it's the same guy
>>
>>53112112
Wormfags are getting uppity and more confident with their offtopic spamming.
>>
Worm is a great work of street-level capeshit that falls apart upon reaching the near-cosmic level. Here's hoping Wildbow makes the necessary fixes when revising.

As far as Gold Morning, though, it's important to remember that Eden was the brains of the operation. For an extradimensional cosmic horror, Scion is really quite stupid.
>>
>>53112112
There's a handful of anons that get so hilariously assblasted any time Worm gets mentioned and then sperg out trying to derail the thread.
>"REEEEEEEE I don't like this setting! REEEEEEEEEE!"
You know, the usual shitposting.
>>
>>53112179
You mean it's a bad blog that gets worse.
It's almost unreadably bad, and the ideas are clearly the kind that are conceived by a guy who can't worldbuild for shit. It shouldn't be a surprise it fell apart, because it started with a terrible foundation.
>>
>>53112112
Some assblasted newfag thinks one man is conspiring to spam Worm on /tg/ or some dumb shit like that.
>>
>>53111834
>but instead of shattering the continent in mere seconds like he did before, all he did was use some easily avoidable attacks, and one huge telegraphed attack that gave everyone time to run to the portals, afterwards he just stood there like a good boy and was killed, what is this, a boss fight in world of warcraft?

Scion's goal during Gold Morning wasn't to destroy the world. As you observe, he quite easily could have cracked the planet like an egg, had he wanted to.

He was doing the reverse of what he'd been doing for decades - he was causing pain, torturing. He wasn't necessarily fighting with the goal of "beating humanity". It was more like he wanted to torment them. PtV certainly does muck up the works, though, no argument there. Probably would've been best for that to be solely an Eden shard, as phenomenal as "You needed worthy opponents" was.
>>
>>53112213
Wildbow is evidently a big fan of "tabula rasa".
>>
>>53112207
You're really going to continue with this little act?
Who do you even think will fall for your shit? Are you hoping there's some newfags out there dumb enough to listen to your shit?

My advice to any newfags, go ahead and take a look at Worm for yourself. That should be enough to convince you that only the worst kind of idiots would bother with it, and those kind of idiots wouldn't find it beneath themselves to spam the shit here in a desperate plea for attention to their unsightly obsession.
>>
Who is worse /tg/?

BBEGfag or Worm-autist? Waurmtist?
>>
>>53111450
t. someone who hasn't read it
>>
>>53107252
sounds like some of the drama in Powers season 2 honestly
>>
>>53112264
I don't know. Worm-autist is really dedicated to his shitposting but BBEGfag has a wider reach.
>>
>>53112264
Wormfag makes threads. That makes him infinitely worse than anyone, even the people who complain about his wormspam.
>>
>>53112244
This just has to be a false flag, but I can't fathom for what purpose.
>>
>>53111834
>Panacea actually removing the limits on taylor powers made no sense
It was established much earlier story that removing the bit of the brain where the shard interfaces with the human mind doesn't get rid of someone's power, it just removes their ability to control it.

Guess what happened when Panacea removed that part of Skitter's brain?
>>
>>53112349
t. Worm-autist
>>
>>53112321
BBEGfag is content to just do his ">BBEG, Ugh" and the copypasta. Worm-autist really flips his shit when his favorite Superhero setting is mentioned.
>>
>>53112244
>you hate something so much you start recommending it
at this point I don't even know who is trolling who anymore
>>
>>53112349
I was talking about you Worm-autist.
You are literally the only one who gives a shit about it, shitting up the place. Next time, I'm giving you a 4chan ticket for being butthurt.
>>
>>53112388
You misunderstand, by Worm-autist we mean the same guy who always whines about worm threads on /tg/.
>>
>>53112244
Sick base-2 triple-dubs. A pity that they're wasted trying to shill against Worm.
>>
>>53112398
It's the horseshoe theory. You get extreme enough and you contort your views until you're right next to the people you claim to oppose.
>>
>>53112409
That's also what he meant. The "favorite" part was sarcastic.
>>
>>53112398
The easiest way to kill spam about something shitty is to reveal just how shitty it is. It's kind of how the MYFAROG spam ended up dying once someone delivered scans and showed off how bad it was.

Same thing with Worm. You can trick people into thinking "Oh, it can't really be that bad since it has some clearly dedicated fans," up until they try reading it for themselves and realize how fucking retarded the entire thing is.
>>
File: jashiggy.png (170KB, 382x346px) Image search: [Google]
jashiggy.png
170KB, 382x346px
Worm-autist is falseflagging as someone who hates Worm just so the threads get more replies due to arguments.
>>
>>53112409
I know, the "Favorite Superhero setting" was sarcasm.
>>
File: IMG_0468.jpg (15KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0468.jpg
15KB, 400x320px
>>53112349
>One person makes samefag threads for this thing I don't like.

Literally the fuck are you talking about?
>>
Oh shit. Someone kicked the Wormfag nest.

Now they're going to swarm just to prove how autistic they are.
>>
>>53112482
we know its you op

just be a man and type "bump" normally
>>
>>53112443
But anon, I learned about Worm right here on /tg/, in a thread about angels where Ziz (not that you know who that is) was posted. Then I googled it and started reading and here I am now posting in Worm threads, having read the whole thing twice. I really doubt that I'm the only one who has learned about Worm on /tg/. And you're so unbelievably autistic about all of this, nobody is going to actually listen to you.
>>
>>53112525
At this point I'd say that bumping without content is shitty and lazy but the past 70 replies have been nothing but shitty and lazy shitposting and at this point I'd just say let this thread die, nothing of value will come from the next 80 posts.

And I don't even have anything about Worm threads, just that this shitty fucking thread has run its course.
>>
>>53112461
Don't underestimate autistic newfags, anon.
>>
>>53112443
Except...we /want/ people to read worm. Because we like it. Or in my case I like parts of it and some of its ideas, and hate the main character/story
>>
>>53112683
It's a moot point either way. No matter how they hear about it, people who go to read it will make their own opinions. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who hates Taylor.
>>
>>53112127
It's the same guy every thread. He's been shouting the same lines for months now. It's just y'all are too stupid to report and ignore spamfag
>>
>>53112726
Sucks if you want to read fan fiction. Cause 90% of it is alt Taylor, and also garbage besides

But yeah this branch of conversation is actually off topic.

On topic: worm powers would be incredibly difficult to do in most settings, since a lot of powers don't have "saving throws". They're more like stands where their powers are absolute once their conditions are met, but very narrow and specific to compensate.

I disagree with the guy who recommended wild talents earlier, is basically what I'm saying. As a system, it just gives you too many way to shrug things off
>>
>>53112819
What system would you recommend then? Because basically all superhero systems I know have saving throws.

Also your point about comparing the powers to stands makes me remember that another anon made a similar observation and even posted a Jojo homebrew he made that could work for worm powers, I'll see if I can find it.
>>
>>53112939
Paranoia is actually perfect for making use of clever power applications. Remove the mishaps table and you basically have a 100% freeform system for using powers.

>Appartment is collapsing.

>'I use my force spheres to try giving the floor under me some extra support as we run'

>Gerald aims a gun to your head and orders you to lie on the floor.

>"I peek out the window and try planting a subliminal command in a bystander tl call the police".
>>
>>53112939
>I have always been of the opinion that this could be adapted to suit The Worm setting, because it is also a setting with weird, highly specific, unbalanced powers, and struggles with the same issues of people coming up with setting-defyingly boring ass powers if you come up with them in any reasonable way and giving players no control in the unreasonable case.

>I made this for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure stands, and the mechanics section at the end is for use with Nights Black Agents, but I think if you weight the rolls for stats a little lower to alter the power level, roll spiritual body characteristics into general bodily enhancement, and ditch the thematic enforcement of power names etc, you'd come up with something pretty effective from this. It's relatively setting agnostic. Maybe a little TOO weird for Weaver. There are, after all, still people who *just* fly and are strong in that setting.

>https:// d o c s .google.com/document/d/1plyDBqcyChY-MFaRF7LFYGLYrS7511LsXvAhbQtOBIk/edit?usp=sharing

Actually looks pretty good, way more elaborate than I'd expect out of a random homebrew found on 4chan.
Also the whole base being the 5 stages of grief gave me a chuckle, it's actually pretty fitting for trigger events.
>>
>>53100237
Wtf i am OP. Opened this thread too get some help. Nobody really answered so i participated in discussing worm.

I didn't open this thread to shill for worm. I would be delighted too have some answers and feedback for my original idea.
>>
>>53113211
......................huh.
>>
>ctrl + f 'Wildstorm'
>no results
>>
>>53113271
I wanted to reply at first but thought you abandoned the thread when it was just autistic argueing.

Anyway I actually really like your outlines, a city sandbox for superhero games is basically how I see the ideal superhero campaigns anyway.
How much did you plan out the city?
I saw something similar somewhere once where the GM just used google maps and based all of it off of his hometown, assigning gangs to each neighbourhood, making the police station also where the heroe HQ is etc.

How exactly does an A-class cape expand their powers and in what ways can a power be expanded?
Can they get completely new powers that have nothing to do with their original ones or can they only build on what they already have?

Also I don't really see how it "shamelessly copied" Worm, the only similarities I see are the "trauma causes powers" stuff which is a common superhero trope anyway.
>>
>>53113271
So this is going to sound like a way off topic suggestion, but look up "The Book of Madness" and "Imperial Mysteries" for oWoD Mage and nWoD Mage respectively. Marauders and Qliphoth could be good inspiration for the Class C's. TLDR is people who got cosmic power, couldn't handle it and broke.
>>
>>53101413
>no one just fucking shoots the undersiders
Except that one time Coil straight up shot Skitter and locked her in a burning building surrounded by troops with rifles, floodlights, and grenades.
>>
>>53113593
At this point i basically have a few Story pieces in mind. I can gladly share some stuff :

1) A whole Neonazi group with several subgangs. The surpreme leader is one of these Aryan brotherhood folks who is relatively pragmatic. He isn't deadset against making deals with other races (like in prison) and is a somewhat stabilizing influence. Then you have a subgang of mindless white power skinheads lead by a character like hookwolf. And the third Gang who are basically full on cosplaying as Nazis with SS uniforms led by a powerful telepath. Small in numbers but a lot of Epics.

They are next to some black refugee centers and there is an uneasy truce at the start.

I have planned to implement a group of University students who are Kind of SJW-esque with very good intentions. They start attacking White Power territory which Puts a lot of pressure on the more calm Elements of the Nazi Gangs. The more extreme Nazis are gaining more and more support and at some point the extremists take over. They immediately start viciously attacking the black areas. The SJW-heroes are pretty stunned when they find out that the blacks hate them (no wonder considering that all of the SJW-heroes are white and from rich families). The extremists on the other hand just Sold the narrative that the blacks were behind the attack and now send their Epics to Kill the SJW crew. Actually the college kids are somewhat incompetent. Their powers are decent but they have no chance to win against some prison hardened white surpremacists hellbent on killing them.

At this point the Players are supposed to step in. To clean up.this mess or profit from it or whatever they wish to do.

1/?

Interested in more of my ideas.
>>
>>53113978
Marauders were an inspiration. I just wanted to have a somewhat believable excuse why the overpowered and looming threat just isn't destroying everything.

My idea was that their short periods of violence are the only period where they can interact with the outside world. They have no other way of interacting left and at some point (when they have recieved enough damage or their shattered mind Pulls them back in) they just retreat to be autistic somwhere.

>>53113593
To the topic of power extension.

My idea is somewhat rule of cool desu.

Existing powers are developed further according to their use. A pyromancer could extend his range if he is more of a ranged fighter or he could learn to create flames hot enough to melt stuff for example.

New powers can be learned if they have a relationship to an existing power (telekinesis, pyrokinesis) or if they are a logical consequence of the use of and old power (a character that is known for melting Metal to attack his foes could learn control over Metal for example).
A third way to learn new powers is in or after a conlict with another epic (heat resistance against a pyromancer or super strength against a Brute for example).

This categories are of course somewhat loose and ultimately it is about what seems cool and atmospheric to me.
>>
>>53114122
I wouldn't have SJW anything in the game, anon. You don't have to be SJW to hate Nazis and be incompetent, idealistic college students. If you go to political it'll ruin the Nazis and maybe make it come off as some kind of commentary.
>>
So, Worm is the Homestuck we have to deal with now?
>>
>>53115370
You don't have to deal with anything. There's a filter feature for a reason.
>>
>>53115370
I don't remember /tg/ ever having to deal with Homestuck
>>
>>53100772
I am suprised no one said it already but Mutants&Masterminds is probably worth looking into.

It's really flexible with the powers you can built and is made to handle anything from street to cosmic level.
Seems fitting since you do want the players to get Class C level powers eventually.
>>
>>53114412
Post some more of the factions, it actually sounds pretty interesting.
>>
File: 1468356609249.jpg (92KB, 736x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1468356609249.jpg
92KB, 736x1022px
>>53115337

>I wouldn't have SJW anything in the game, anon.

Well SJW was a strong word. What i am aiming for is a bunch of idealistic kids with little to no real world experience. Graduated their fancy private HS in the top 10%. Then going to a fancy Uni without ever working or experiencing the shit people have to deal with. Just sheltered idealists.

They gain power and ofc they decide to do something about the Nazis. They crack some skinhead skulls, blow up some weapon caches and shit like that. They are somewhat incompetent but a huge chunk of the Nazi epics is interested in a continuation of their attacks so they have some successes for a while.

Once the Nazis are riled up enough they lose all their worth and the extremist Nazi faction is interested in killing them ASAP to cover their tracks and focus on purging the "unworthy".

The Black people they tried to "defend" have no sympathy for them. They just brought the Nazis on to them and made their situation worse.

So now they basically have a group of battle hardened killers mercilessly hunting them and no larger faction to support them.

I was thinking about basing them in their old campus. They protect some other students and have somewhat of a community going there albeit a very weak and unorganized one. If the players don't help them really soon a group of Nazi Killers will turn up there (unsure if it will be the Skinhead Faction or the SS-Larpers who view themselves as an elite special force) killing most of the students and at least one of the superpowerd ones. After that they are on the run . If the PCs don't help them at that point or at least crack enough nazi skulls to divert attention from them they will be eradicated completely after a few weeks.
>>
>>53116718
Your wish is my command:

With the next faction i am kind of unsure where to place them. One idea was to place them as the black/minority community next to the Nazis but that would be a somewhat toxic and questionable social comment so i will probably place the somwhere in the city outskirts.

The leader of that group is an ordinary street worker. He is supported by what survived of his old organization (a few dozen street and social workers, maybe the occasional paramedic or nurse).

They support a lot of refugees as well as they can. They don't have a lot of supplies, neither medical supplies nor basic ones like food but its better to live in their camp than to be unsheltered on the streets caught in the turf wars.

The reason they are not raided by ordinary criminals or other factions is a group of highly drug addicted Epics (old clients of the social worker). The social workers supply them with drugs, provide them with some luxury etc. In exchange these Epics protect the refugee camp and do the occasional job of gathering food or something (they are highly unmotivated and the social worker isn't really in control, its more of a parasitic relationship).

The Epics are cowards and not really up to the task. Every half serious team of epics could easily win against them but its not worth the effort. For most factions there are serious enemies they have to focus on.

In case one faction gets dominant or a truce is called the future looks bleak for them. Best case they are "integrated" (enslaved by a stronger faction) worst case the Nazis or someone similiar exterminates them.
>>
File: akira-riot-people[1].png (200KB, 580x245px) Image search: [Google]
akira-riot-people[1].png
200KB, 580x245px
>>53118303
Don't do it, like holy shit dude you are tempting fate to the extremes of the earth.

Ugh....

Fine, if you want teenagers from the campus vs neo nazis have the teenagers be a case of militent antifa crossed over with the death leopards gang from paranoia. They want to take control over the town by any means and don't have much of a goal for they'll do afterwards.
>>
>>53118648

>Don't do it, like holy shit dude you are tempting fate to the extremes of the earth.

Why wtf.

>Fine, if you want teenagers from the campus vs neo nazis have the teenagers be a case of militent antifa crossed over with the death leopards gang from paranoia. They want to take control over the town by any means and don't have much of a goal for they'll do afterwards.

That makes it somewhat boring....
Extreme elft vs extreme right. No nuance.
>>
>>53116718

Remants of the old order. Whats left of the national guard/army, parts of the police and most of the city bureaucracy.

They are stationed on an easily defendable island and have a lot of firepower. Also they have a maniac tinker propping up their already respectable arsenal. Thats enough to deter any serious attack on them. The National government supplies them via airdrops.

If the players don't raid them they will become a foothold of the national government at a later point. If they establish something PRT like (Para human response team) these guys are prone to be recruited for them.

If the players decide to become heroes they could cooperate with these dudes.
>>
File: Lazaro-copy_0.jpg (99KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
Lazaro-copy_0.jpg
99KB, 600x673px
>>53116718

A strong mindcontrolling women (Class B). She is based in her old gated community/ country club neighbourhood. She controls most of her old friends and neighbours and has a strong brute who acts as her bodyguard (she can't control epics but she is also pretty and usually gets her way without the use of her powers).

If the area isn't threatened by enemy forces most of her old neighbours remain somewhat independent but once she or her turf are threatened her subjects become puppets. With no regard for their own safety.

That makes it very costly for other factions to attack them because wave after wave of suicidal people is even dangerous for a team of capes (talking abou suicide bombers, human torches and human wave attacks).

Due to her Class B powers she is a strong maniac and generally insane. Most of the time she tries to maintain the illusion of her old country club times. Basically you have a gardening club and exquisite parties in the middle of ruined city and brutal gang wars.

She is basically an insane stepfordwive who would do everything to maintain her perfect little illusion.
>>
>>53100237
I'd really take a look at a lot of media dealing with super powered characters in a modern setting. Find lots of cool ways incorporate a variety of powers and characters. I'd recommend JoJo.
>>
>>53113271
hey I posted this earlier, but its probably buried now
>>53041447
is a wild talents thread, check it out if you want advice/help
>>
>>53111834
It did make sense, anon. The way shards interface with humans isn't fully understood in the system, but the conclusion Skitter comes to near the end is that she has a "passenger", a separate consciousness which is actually in control of her power.

She makes Panacea give her cancer of the Corona Pollentia. The passenger then goes completely insane, with unexpectedly useful results.

My main gripe with these kinds of criticisms is that they don't take into account other facts about the story.

For example the fact that the entities are newborns using the memories of a previous cycle. The fact that power interactions like this one are exactly what they're studying. The fact that Panacea's shard is specifically not as limited as others because she's meant to be a source of apocalyptic conflict. The fact that Panacea has already interacted with Taylor's power to make relay bugs, and understands the basics of how she controls her bugs.

The basic concept of Taylor being turned into a monster, something Panacea's conflict-starved passenger might have loosened the restrictions to cause. Maybe Taylor's rapidly degenerating mental state is the shard restriction/sabotage
>>
>>53119185
This is a great concept, anon. I'm stealing it for my game
>>
>>53119789
Thanks.

Another concept:

The "Merchants":

Basically a very ironic name for what is left of the towns business owners. The Mall was one of the first places to be completely looted (it was undestroyed after the C's attacked). The private security Company had no chance to stop the masses of scared looters and much less the epics determined to steal.

Afterwards the Mall was completely worthless to most factions accept for some squatters. The local Store owners had nearly nothing left.

Some of the Store owners decided to take matters into their own hands instead of becoming refugees.

They hired some paid muscle to clear out the Mall from squatters and crudely fortified it. Afterwards they designated it as neutral zone for trade, diplomacy etc.

This actually worked. Nowadays you have to pay a small entrance Fee to enter the Mall (a few bottles of water for example). If someone breaks the truce everyone else gangs up on him. This creates an uneasy peace only interrupted by the occassional fight.

The Merchants are far from rich though. They only have enough to pay a small security team that keeps out hobos and collects the entrance Fee and barely scrape by. All of the larger gangs collect a tribute for not attacking the Mall (and no Gang member has to pay the entrance Fee ofc). What little is left is barely enough to scrape by for the merchants and their families.
>>
>>53100237
Anything you can possibly think of would be more interesting without capes to people who think capes are lame. Cape-settings border on magical realm material with their contrivance.
>>
>>53119737

Any conflict created in the cycle would be well controlled if both entities were still alive, a shard that can remove limits would never be allowed because someone like panacea unlocking the limits of any shard she wanted would both destroy the cycle with hosts killing themselves left and right while learning nothing, and it would mean the entities themselves would risk getting killed because now you have people with fully unlocked stinger shards running around.

Even so I might have been willing to buy or ignore Panacea shard shenanigans if she had been a cauldron cape with one of Eden dead shards, but she is a natural trigger, with all the limitations that comes with a live shard.

Cauldron has been searching for ways to remove the limits on shards for years, they are willing to sacrifice millions if it means that one survivor will walk away with a unlimited shard, Cauldron was willing to keep the S9 alive for years just because one day bonesaw would give them some strong capes, not capes with jail broken shards, just strong capes to act as fodder because Cauldron was desperate for anything to stop Scion, and yet the path to victory never once pointed the way to panacea despite the fact that she was "supposedly" able to remove shard limits.

In any case, if removing the limits of shards was that easy, bonesaw would have done it long ago, panacea being able to remove limits was something wildbow added at the last instant to give taylor a chance against Scion, I understand he had a deadline and almost no time to come up with ideas, it does not mean I have to like how badly panacea shard shenanigans crash with the rest of the story.

>>53112366

Removing the corona pollentia just makes the power respond to instinct instead of being manual control, it has zero effect on how the shards work or how the limits work.
>>
>>53118303
>>53114122
I like your ideas anon, dont listen to this shithead

>>53118648
>>53115337
>>
>>53121885
Yeah, it is kind of bullshit that Panacea can do that.
>>
Does anybody have any interesting cape NPCs they'd like to share?
>>
>>53100427
So why do C-class Epics really tend to flock together and form teams?

Do they just realize that the other ones are just as autistic as they are and want familiar company or is it a deeper psychic thing that they get the urge to seek out people just like them?

Also are the Class A-B-C classifications a spectrum or clear categories?
>>
>>53122274
Thanks senpai.

>>53124857
The classifications are intended more as a spectrum. A very strong class B will be really fucked up mentally. A very strong class A will have some "habits" that are borderline mental illness.

I think every power has a certain power range in itself and the borders areas are somewhat blurred.

For the class C's: Good question desu. I think it is a mix of both. My idea was that most of them have at least weak telepathic abilities and they can "sense" that the other C's are similiar beings.
>>
>>53122274
Those are two different people...And count me in to for the *this is a really bad idea* camp also.
>>
>>53127688
Why? I think my Players are mature enough to handle this desu.
>>
>>53127738
It's just not a good idea. If you make the main plot run too close irl politics, you risk breaking immersion because there'll be what they see as a kind of metaphor hanging over the entire game. So you can have your Nazis or your SJWs, but it would be a bad call to have both imo.
>>
>>53129390
Doesn't that depend on the group?
I mean I agree with you to stay away from stuff like this if you are going to play with people you don't know well but if OP is certain that his group can handle it then that shouldn't stop him.
>>
>>53129390
>>53129779

All of the players are mature enough to handle shit like that. Hell i wouldn't even worry if they decide to side with the Nazis ingame.

All of them have different and nuanced political views and a lot of our interaction is RL political shitposting.

Even if it comes across as a political comment (which it is not supposed to do) i think they can handle it.
>>
>>53130284
It's not about maturity. But do what you want, I guess.
>>
>wormfags are going to keep necromancing this thread for days

Poor form, lads.
>>
>>53131186
Nobody has even vaguely been talking about worm for the past several replies. The primary talking point has been op's setting for a long while now.
>>
>>53131186
Wasn't it like on page 5 when I replied? How is that necromancing?
>>
>>53131186
>complaining about necroing on 4chan
Anon are you new?
>>
>>53100237
How do the rogue states even manage to survive long enough to be considered independent?
Like where do they get their food from or other basic things like electricity?

If it's a cold war situation, what's left of the government sure won't supply them with air drops.
>>
>>53131106
Nobody has answered my question. What is so Bad about a somewhat political game (its not even the main topic).

>>53132820
A wild mix of tinker tech, other powers (there is a cool heroe in steelheart who essentially supplies the City with electricity), foreign trade (with other countries, independents and sometimes the government).

Also there is a drastically lowered standard of living. More akin to the third world than first world. Not everyone has enough food or access to Electricity.
>>
>>53132820
Oh and even in the Cold War the USA traded with the UDSSR. If a independent territory controls oil they sure as hell can trade it for food. Even if the government sends spies and saboteurs at the same time.
>>
>>53131186
I always fucking said that Worm was one of the inspirations. Among others.

There were some Worm fags who discussed the books.

Then there were some anti worm fags being obnoxious. And then there is you. Shitting up the thread when no one is talking about worm. The discussion is about the original setting you mongoloid.
>>
>>53135399
Because lots of people have had games go completely to shit because the GM decided to use the campaign as their political soapbox. Hell entire gamelines have gone to shit because the devs started hamfisting their own politics into it.
It's one of those things that can be done well, but it's far more often done so poorly that people are leery of it.
>>
>>53100237

Why is it not okay to just not like super heroes? They're fucking gimmicky and ultimately comics are for children who haven't moved onto books yet? There's nothing wrong in realising they're the same rehashed shit year after year.
>>
>>53135645
>political soapbox

Hell its just some College Kids vs Nazis. I just can't see where i am even supposed to inject my political beliefs.

>>53135680
I would have no problem if their oppinion would be somewhat grounded in reality.

But they barely know shit about the whole Genre (like you apparently).

Its like saying i hate fantasy after reading one shitty generic EOD fantasy Book.
>>
File: 1485588413505.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485588413505.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>53135680
>Why is it not okay to just not like super heroes?
It's fine to not like superheroes.

>They're fucking gimmicky and ultimately comics are for children who haven't moved onto books yet?
It's not fine to say things like this. It's condescending and outs you as a retard who likes to shit on things without having anything substantial backing up your opinion. It's just insulting, and wrong. One of the Dark Tower books has a comic book adaptation, so how does your arbitrary definitions handle that one? Is the comic book for kiddies while the book is for mature adults like yourself? Are books like the Boxcar Children series more mature than comic books like Watchmen or Vision just by virtue of not being a comic?

>they're the same rehashed shit year after year.
And you know this how? You read a lot of comics?
>>
>>53101413

Actually skitters power is rightfully shown to be insanely powerful, much more so than laser eyes or super strength, etc typical shit

That is of course if you accept the factually incorrect bullsht about spider silk being insanely strong

That's not true in real life, but if it was true, her power is top tier, also they have tattletale making sure they are always prepared

For me the poirly done parts of the story are the whole bullying thing, shadow stalker and Emma's motivation doesn't really make sense to me, and then also as others have said the constant escalation gets a little boring eventually, and the story starts accelerating crazy fast at the end, like all the sudden there are 10 endbringers, but it doesn't matter cuz the slaughterhouse 9 are back but then that doesn't matter because they defeat them in no time and so on and so on

The story was at its best early on, despite the high school cringe stuff, because the interaction between local villains and local heroes was cool
>>
>>53138510
>shadow stalker and Emma's motivation doesn't really make sense to me
It's a victim thing. Emma was struggling to cope with her powerlessness, and here comes insane Sophia with the abuse-borne mentality that the only way to be strong is to beat down others (i.e. be an abuser) and Emma latched onto it and decided to target Taylor because Emma was envious of how she endured her trauma (Annette's death) and because she had this hope that Taylor would rise above and join in the victim-turned-victimizers club.

Basically it's babby's first social Darwinism.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.