[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pic related a good/bad game? Why? What would you recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Masks_Playbooks-17.png (548KB, 2200x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Masks_Playbooks-17.png
548KB, 2200x1700px
Is pic related a good/bad game? Why?

What would you recommend I do with it/play instead?
>>
File: Masks_Playbooks-18.png (356KB, 2200x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Masks_Playbooks-18.png
356KB, 2200x1700px
>>53098176
Rest of playbook
>>
Do you like rules light, narrative heavy stuff? If so, you'll probably like Masks and most other PbtA games depending on genre preference.

Personally they lack a certain amount of mechanical weight to keep me interested for long, but I respect the elegance of their design and enjoy them well enough for one shots or short campaigns between meatier games.
>>
>>53098176
Anybody have the playtest materials for it? Can't seem to find them in the pdf share thread
>>
>>53098198
>People playing rules light supers setting which are rules light because 'Better roleplaying'
>not being expert tier autist player who plays HERO system and has the same level of roleplay
Rules light systems are so boring, I want a system where I can calculate how fucked you are exactly by throwing you through a skyscraper and have it collapse on you.

Shit gets my dick harder than diamonds
>>
>>53100450

There are many different playstyles and different systems that cater for them. None are inferior or superior, and it's possible to respect the design of a game in regards to its target audience without sharing those preferences themselves.
>>
>>53100462
No I'm pretty sure games for aspies who want to mother may I every single action with no actual structure or logic to what is allowed ARE objectively worse.
>>
>>53100540
You're the only aspie here mate.
>>
>>53100540

I'm actually unsure what you're trying to refer to. You're being incredibly vague and ambiguous.
>>
>>53098176
I've run a faur-sessions mini-campaign, it was pretty cool.

It's got all the pros and cons of any PtbA game, that is PC-focused mechanics and resolution, which is good for character-focused narration but makes the world feel less granular.

But beyond that, it's one of these games like Dogs in the Vineyard or Torchbeare that make one and only one thing, but make it very well.
I think the books makes it clear, but I'll say it again, Masks is not a supers game, it's a teenage drama game by means of supers. It's made to emulate the X-men animated series, Teen Titans or Young Justice, you play teenagers who try to figure out their own identity. Kinda like in the Guardians of the Galaxies movies: there's fighting and saving the world and being badasses, but the narration is focused on the characters interacting with each other.
That said, even though the "supers" part is a mean to an end, it's still very solid, but the real meat of the game is in making the characters change and question themselves.

AND BOY DO IT DO THAT SPLENDIDLY!
Since all the mechanics are build around that, it's very effective at making characters interact, and the rolepaying emerges very organically from the mechanics.

Masks tells only one type of story, but it's extremely good at it.
>>
>>53100905
What kind of game did you run? Any advice or recommendations on comics and such?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.