[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my players came up to me and told me that they want me to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Death of Superman.jpg (800KB, 1000x1555px) Image search: [Google]
Death of Superman.jpg
800KB, 1000x1555px
So my players came up to me and told me that they want me to run a campaign that's "the full comic experience."

>Everyone will fill out two character sheets, one for their superhero and one for their sidekick.
>Campaign will last 2-6 months, emulating the relative size of a normal arc of a comic book.
>At the end of each campaign, we'll rotate who the GM is and they'll create their own campaign using the same characters (unless they died or turned into villains)
>Any limits on the scale of your powers is up to the GM's discretion (even if it's your own character) but once the campaign is over, the next GM is free to nerf your powers with no IC explanation necessary for their narrative.
>If your character dies, you're free to revive them when it's your turn to GM for free.
>If a sidekick dies, you can just replace their secret identity with another person.
>Killing villains will cause you to become a villain yourself and every superhero will hunt you down.

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>53095497
Every time I run comic-style games, I always make a point to set the tone for that session by describing what the cover looks like.

Players seem to really like that touch.
>>
>>53095541
Have you ever gotten anyone to draw the cover before? Because that sounds pretty interesting.
>>
>>53095624
I did once, but I'm a terrible artist so it was horrendous.
>>
>>53095939
I'm guessing you've never gotten a drawfag to help or a commission?

Do you still have the cover?
>>
>>53095541
That's actually an excellent idea.
>>
>>53095497
>Killing villains will cause you to become a villain yourself and every superhero will hunt you down.
That seems a little extreme. Some heroes have a body count. I would base it more on how many they kill and how brutal the kills are before they get every superhero on their asses.

Like snapping Super Hitler's neck? Probably not a bad thing.
Ripping that purse snatcher in half? Other heroes should definitely not be ok with that

Extreme examples, but you get what I mean
>>
>>53099278
Don't you know anon?

If you kill them, the number of killers in the world remains the same.
>>
>>53099422
Well Punisher goes to town on crime all the time and nothing seems to change, so maybe
>>
How about gong through golden, silver, bronze and dark ages?
>>
>>53099422
Only the first time. Each subsequent kill reduces the number by one.
>>
>>53099548
>>53100835
Superheroes don't kill. If you kill villains, you'll be just like them.
>>
File: Reverse_Flash_039.jpg (84KB, 594x479px) Image search: [Google]
Reverse_Flash_039.jpg
84KB, 594x479px
>>53103289
Flash will snap as many necks as he pleases and you will like it
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.