[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault3[1].jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault3[1].jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
Should I buy this?
>>
To play a ttrpg? Fuck no.

To play board games? Absolutely.
>>
>>53093547
It simulates boardgames with a full physics engine. Therefore, you need to jiggle your mouse in order to roll dice, you can accidentally knock over one game piece while moving another, and you can flip the table if you get upset because you're losing. If that sounds like what you're looking for in a boardgame simulator, then by all means, try it.
>>
>>53093547
It's pretty hilarious, though not very practical.
>>
>>53093773
>To play board games? Absolutely.

100% this.
>>
Agreeing with the consensus of the thread. Not worth it for TTRPG's, fucking fantastic for board games.
>>
>>53093547

You can get Heroquest from the steam workshop for it so yes, pretty good deal.
>>
>>53093990
This is wrong. You can hit the r key and roll any dice. You can hit the undo button if you fuck up any pieces.
>>53093773
This is correct. Fantastic for board games and war games; a ton of them are free in the workshop. Not great for TTRPGs.
>>
>>53095181
>Using a tabletop simulator to play a narrative RPG

Or are you talking about that faggot game?
>>
Has anyone tried VR on this yet?

mine's comming in the mail.
>>
File: Keanu whoah.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Keanu whoah.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>mfw playing 40k on it every weekend with buddies

Don't listen to the naysayers. Once you get used to the physics, it's pretty great for wargaming and rpgs.
>>
>>53095341
It's damn good for 40k, for almost all RPGs you're better using R20.
>>
>>53095341
>>53095924
Agreed, TTRPGs aren't it's strong suit, but it does a bang up job with wargames and the likes. Could be a fun tool to use alongside Roll20 though, depending on how strong your Roll20-fu is.
>>
>>53093547
I've played some of the more fun games of Pathfinder I've ever had on it.

But then again that wasn't too hard to achieve.
>>
Buy it, faggit. It's a good tabletop games simulator.
>>
>>53093547
>Should I buy this?
If your friends have it, yes.
If you can convince your friends to buy it, yes.
It is not a game that is meant to substitute a tabletop for an irl meet up.
>>
I got it via the Humble Bundle
>>
Only place I can play the WoW TCG any more.
>>
>>53095341
Same here, total poor fag and me and my friends are running Forge World Campaigns using TTS.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.