[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep your minis at your FLGS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: i need a drink.png (109KB, 261x237px) Image search: [Google]
i need a drink.png
109KB, 261x237px
So I recently just lost most of my guard army.

Left it in the shop with a pile of some other peoples stuff and went for dinner with them. Came back and most of my men were gone. My tanks and knight were safe but all their bits, turrets and magnetised sponsors were also in the case and it was emptied out. Shop doesn't have CCTV in that room either.

I'm a fool for assuming best faith and its not the money that hurts but the time that went into building and painting that army.

How do you guys keep safe your minis? Lock them in a box and wire them to a table? Or just don't let them leave your side?
>>
>>53092971
a box that can be locked is one method
having an agreement with the shop's staff to secure it in a place where random johnnies can't get to it is another

However if I absolutely must leave models or cards somewhere, I lock them in my car, or the car of someone else whom I trust. Because having worked in FLGSs before, I do not trust the average cretin who walks in.
>>
>>53092998
I guess I got complacent since i've been going there for almost 2 years. Sucks to be me. I'll probably be looking for a box I can lock to keep my army from now on.
>>
>>53093064
Yeah, it sucks. See if you can get people/staff to keep their eyes open for your figures, the guy might be dumb enough to show up with them again.
>>
>>53092971
Keep the stuff on me at all times. Or under direct supervision of trustworthy friends (and that one comes less as a genuine trust and more as a "I know where they live and could force the reparation out of them").
The old place used to have rent-a-locker, so I guess that one works too.
>>
>>53092971
The good news is that you have an actual excuse to buy more plastic crack now, instead of just buying more shit that just sits around in your "Eternal To-Do Pile"
>>
>>53092971
Huh here in Denmark I've never heard of something like that happening. Several people have their armies standing out in the open for a couple of weeks while they paint them etc. Day in and night out.
>>
>>53092971
Damn, this sucks. Sorry for your guards.
But yeah, best thing to do is to never leave them behind. Get them out of storage when you play, and take them back with you when you don't, no matter the circonstances. Better safe than sorry, like they say.
>>
if your a regular at the shop suggest they install lockers that could be rented out to store stuff in. Not anything fancy, just the box ones they have on boardwalks. It's a one time cost to the store (a group of six looks like ~$350 on google) and assuming your store has space, at $5 a week that would pay for itself in 3 months (assuming they all get used). Would also help other customers feel better about leaving their stuff in the store when they need to go grab food or whatever

Alternatively ask them to install one of those fake security cameras and put up signs. That way you don't have to pay for all the monitoring equipment but you get all the benefits of its security.
>>
>>53093119

Might be staff that raided it. You never know. Means and opportunity.
>>
>>53092971
Don't leave your valuables unattended and unsecured. Haven't PSAs been hammering that into your head all your life?
>>
>>53093564
I agree with this, more then likely.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.