[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 38

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Gunslinger edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>53081862
>>
>>53087974
What's a good archetype for a sneaky gunslinger?
>>
>>53087986
Gulch Gunner, Ironically.
>>
>>53087986
>>53088001
Bolt Ace 5 then Urban Barbarian, in my book.

Guns are loud, crossbows are quiet. Urban Barbarian has controlled rage so you can still sneak while raging.
>>
Based mods
>>
>>53087974
Uh don't have the responses anymore but
first batch of mini reviewanon time.
Keep in mind this is just like, my opinion man.

Emilia
>probably one of my favorite succubus apps due to keeping the lewd subdued and implied
>personality is a bit janky, shy and quiet but carefree and cheery mix weirdly imo but her quirks are interesting
Romulus
>Romulus, Remus and Lupa is a bit on the nose don’t you think?
>A bit of a generic ex-knight but room to grow and good backstory, good connection to Remus for easy plot hooks.
Allanz
>he’s alright/10, nothing really jumped out to me as interesting.
>if he keeps trudging along with perfectionist tendencies in campaign he could make for good conflict.
Lucius
>major complaint here, sister is not mentioned by name until third paragraph. Left me with no clue who Elise was until I reread it.
>he’s a good fit to the campaign in terms of a knight who had his ideals dashed but we have a lot of those
Ecaterina
>probably one of the most detailed apps that still makes for a relatively easy read.
>possibly too detailed? The how it came to this section is particularly long
>one of my favorites though
Cijiska
>I’m biased, her app and mine have a lot in common.
Crytha
>gnoll-mom
>a bit thin background but still a good character in terms of personality, could use some spice in the history

more coming, eating delicious chicken soup
>>
>>53088015
True, though i'm sure there's 'silencers'

If anything, try to use Gunslingers of Porphyra for Jollyslingers.
>>
Were we told why the thread was pruned? I suspect the rolling posts were /qst/ material.
>>
>>53088001
>>53088015
Other guy here. Are Bolt Ace, Gulch Gunner, Musket Master, and Pistolero the only good Gunslinger archetypes?
>>
>>53088058
in 1pp, yes

Mysterious Stranger is ok too
>>
>>53088054
There is oil of silence which makes guns completely silent
>>
>>53087948
Is it possible to build a character specializing in pocket sand?

>>53088012
Is there an item you could buy to use? Like a bag of sand or broken glass or something?
>>
White and based mods
>>
>>53088058
Gun-Tank is really good too.
>>
>>53088054
The only 1P silencer is using oil of silence or the silence spell.

Bolt Ace doesn't need the support of party mages though it never hurts and doesn't need to keep stocked on oils. If your DM allows for Minotuar Double Crossbow cheese it's almost better than normal slinger in every way minus not targeting touch ac. Which, if you are sneaking, flat-footed works fine too.
>>
>>53088042
Keep up the good work anon, those of us who don't get picked will at least be able to know someone read what we made and had thoughts on it!
>>
>>53088081
There should be blindpowder as an item, or its named something similar. Alchemists can increase DCs for crafted items, some wizards can, monks are most effective at delivering them though.
>>
>>53088095
minotaur double crossbow cheese is almost always banned
>>
>>53088081
>>53088103
Its called 'Dirty Trick' combat maneuver you spergs. Make a build around that and pocket sand face
>>
>>53088055
It was most likely a backlog of reports from when the thread began that they only just got around to doing. Speaking of which, I think I have one last game in me for the night before I need to go to bed, anyone that wants to play roll me up a d13 if you would be so kind.
>>
>>53088042
>Gnoll-mom
>a bit thin background

Agreed. Really honest, a Level 1 start REALLY constrains backstory options, and I think I was already stretching it with having her being the daughter of a shamaness, but it's too late for that now! I'm gonna wait for Sleep to make picks!
>>
>>53088105
I know. Still, even with a light crossbow vs a musket The Bolt Ace doesn't suffer much. Lower die damage and one less crit multiplier but higher crit range, easier to find ammo source and mostly silent.
>>
>>53088042
>Romulus, Remus and Lupa is a bit on the nose don’t you think?
Truth be told, I'm a sucker for Greek and Roman mythology and I thought Romulus fit a man who wouldn't take bullshit. Plus, it wouldn't feel right to have Romulus without Remus or the wolf.
>>
>>53088132
I agree, if it makes you feel any better I ran into the opposite problem.

If you want advice, a paragraph about someone gnoll-mom was close to in her tribe would be what I would suggest.
>>53088138
I'm mostly poking fun.
I usually swap names around or go for similar sounding names. Like Luca instead of Lupa.
>>
Does a backline caster have any use for a masterwork weapon? Would it just be a waste of gold?
>>
>>53088042
Oh I thought you were doing all of them but you've already skipped a bunch
>>
>>53088042
This looks fun. You're cool. Keep at it. I can't wait to see if you declare which is best C@
>>
File: 1448428065576.jpg (783KB, 1637x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1448428065576.jpg
783KB, 1637x1400px
What is the one feature you want out of Starfinder, to make your wildest concept come true!
>>
>>53088223
past level 1-5 you should have at least a magic weapon. If you get caught with no spells (it can happen, through spells that remove prepared spells, antimagic locations, running out) you will have no defense. If your friends are caught in spiderwebs, you can cut them out. If something is immune to magic you will want it. If someone EATS magic you will want one.

Even if you don't use your +1 staff for much, its aweful cheap for a useful item.
>>
File: 1473865261677.png (265KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473865261677.png
265KB, 480x480px
>>53088197
It's all good, amigo.
I oughta do that the next time I blatantly reference mythological figures.
>>
>>53088233
Me not being a GM
PoW Errata
>>
File: 1486716559643.gif (1MB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1486716559643.gif
1MB, 500x451px
May as well ask again.
Have you ever attempted to stat a deity?
How did it go for you?
I was inspired by 3.5 Deities and Demigods to give it a shot and now I'm pulling my hair out.
>>
>>53088223
Depends how much cash you have honestly
Having a keen spellstoring longsword of speed +5 strapped to you is just style points even if you won't use it
>>
>>53088233
I just want to play a glamrock space captain with a keytar, or space dandy. Jedis are cool too.
>>
>>53088256
Deity powerlevels are really dumb high so it's more a matter of how much you want to wank them
>>
>>53088256
which deity. You can likely have a lot of stats already done because of the currently statted gods. Odin, thor, zeus, poseidon. All of those were statted in 3.5, both the avatar and the actual gods.
>>
>>53088256
What deity are you working on, Anon?
>>
>>53088225
to keep it simple I'm skipping over ones without availability and ones I'm less familiar with

I'll be coming back to the available ones who I haven't covered yet and I'll do others based on requests in case anyone wants my opinion.
>>
>>53088197
I wanted to keep the backstory short, but if I could go back and add anything- that would probably be it. The close person would likely have been her mate that she was obligated to take because she's a shamaness, but as I said, too late to add that in now. Maybe I'll make a note of it if I get picked
>>
>>53088248
>>53088223
This. You can also get a defending weapon, or a spellstoring weapon, or a deflecting weapon. Tons of useful stuff.
>>
>>53088272
>>53088277
>>53088280
Originally, I was going to do Vritra, but quickly gave up on that.
I figured I would try something a little more ambiguous with a lot of wiggle room. So now I'm trying to do Pathfinder's The Lantern King.
>>
>>53088334
You do understand how divinity stated out works, right? Essentially the only thing you can actually defeat of a proper god is their avatars
>>
I haven't actually played high level casters. I know that martials will want to stack bonuses on weapons and armor. What do casters go for, aside from the mental headbands? Are the various scrolls and wands and material components somewhat equal in spending to a martial upgrading his magical weapons?
>>
File: 1489936090155.jpg (808KB, 1104x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1489936090155.jpg
808KB, 1104x1224px
>>53088334
Don't even start on indian shit
>>
>>53088355

Metamagic rods are a good cash sink, There's a 30k Ioun stone that increases CL by +1
>>
>>53088256
Numerous deities are stated. However these are mostly demigods.

The four horseman, the archfiends, some arisen, some demon lords, and more.

For actual true deities it varies hugely. Some are much more powerful than others. The Starstone gods would be weaker than gods who participated and survived the conflict with The Rough Beast, and they in turn weaker than gods who participated in The War In Heaven.
>>
>>53088377
Four Horsemen aren't legit gods
They're just really fucking strong immortals
>>
Do barbarians wear armour? If not, should they have shields?
>>
>>53088387
They're demigods, they can power clerics. They're on the same level as the Archfiends and most demon lords.
>>
>>53088392
>Do barbarians wear armour?

Most of them do, they get Medium Armor Proficiency.
>>
Do you guys ever name villain builds? I do for most of the villains when I GM. I use the name naming scheme as Jojo often by using song names.

What do you use?
>>
>>53088353
I was doing it just for the hell of it. Now I'm doing it because I'm in too deep.
>>
>>53088392
If you aren't gonna do a Come and Get Me build? Pick up a Breastplate, you aren't gonna need the DEX. If you ARE? Pick something lighter so you can benefit from your DEX to AC
>>
>>53088355
Honestly, casters get some of the cooler stuff. You can get robes, headbands, hats, boots, along with wands and scrolls. Pearls of power, metamagic rods, and you can also get actual staves that do cool stuff, and allow you to save your combat spell slots to use for cool stuff. You don't have to upgrade your weapons too much, but you can spend that cash on more wondrous items to be wizardly.
>>
>>53088392
>not showing off your scars by going into battle naked
>>
>>53088392
You can usually get medium armor with no penalties besides speed, but thats offset by your higher base speed. You can also do come and get me builds which are pretty much the superior way to play barbarian. Also increase your magic defense with the superstition tree, ending in spellsunder, and the invulnerable rager archetype is generally considered the best barbarian archetype and thematically the coolest. Your muscles are so big you block damage.
>>
>>53088248
This is at 1st level. I just can't imagine ever being in a position where I'd want to hit something with my masterwork 1d6 walking stick and my 0 STR modifier. I feel like I'd probably be dead at that point one way or another.

>>53088258
I have about ~600gp to work with.
>>
>>53088489
You're probably not going to have enough Dex to actually worry about exceeding the cap of a Breastplate by the time your main build starts to finish out, even if you ARE going for the C&GM build.
>>
>>53088528
Oh. Don't bother with masterwork weapons. Get masterwork skill tools. If I recall there are masterwork knowledge items that are useful. Otherwise deck out your spellbook and familiar.
>>
>>53088377
>the four horsemen
I've never seen their stats. What are they in?
>>
File: romina-scagliarini-fuxfax.jpg (166KB, 900x855px) Image search: [Google]
romina-scagliarini-fuxfax.jpg
166KB, 900x855px
>>53088233

I just want a goofy, fairly light-hearted setting with strong elements of transhumanist horror and biotechnology gone nightmarishly wrong.
>>
>>53088062
>>53088092
Okay, thanks guys.
>>
>>53088542
>masterwork skill tools
I already have those for any skills I'd need them for. That's what I spent my first 300gp on.
>>
>>53088600
you want rocket raccoon enmass
>>
>>53088614
consider using the improved spellbook rules, or crafting yourself scrolls of useful spells you don't want to prepare, or spoil your familiar.
>>
>>53087974

Is there a weakness to Holy Gun?

Smiting at touch AC seems kind of nasty.
>>
>>53088636
The weakness is guns, and to become good at guns you will have to multiclass as gunslinger. Thus losing some paladin powers.
>>
>>53088636
Smiting shot is far, far worse than normal Smite Evil.
>>
>>53088233

There's a lot of things I want but hopefully cyborg animal companions for the ranger standin.

Then again I think I want to make my own setting rather then use the default one
>>
>>53088528
There are levels of helplessness early on. Essentially, having everything you need to deal with every situation is what a party wants. Overly simplified, hitting with a stick doesn't do anything. However, you probably threaten squares now that you are holding a simple weapon instead of being bare handed. The chances of an enemy running past squishy are low.

I played a monk, and used fury of blows on an enemy that dealt acidic damage to the touch. I realized carrying a weapon might be nice.

Try getting bags of marbles, caltrops, and even a bear trap. Stopping an enemy from charging you at level 1 is probably more useful than getting into melee. Just think things through so you don't end up smashing a jar of oil and tripping up your martials.

A very cheap form of defense is to take a bag and smash up some glass to fine shards, then toss it into an opponent's eyes for a non magical, no save blind.
>>
>>53088660
Tell me about your setting
>>
>>53088636
Holy Gun's biggest weakness is that Smiting Shot is ONE standard-action attack, whereas a normal Paladin's smite is 'as long as you need it'

Yes, you can RECOVER grit, but basically that's it. It's not so bad at lower levels, since you also get your cha to damage for it, but... yes.

Also, until level 11 when you get Holy Grit, your amount of grit is still based off WISDOM, the typical DUMP for Paladins.

It has... flaws.
>>
>>53088667
>spoiler
Does this actually work?
>>
>>53088667
The enemies get a reflex save against being blinded though.
>>
>>53088105
It's fucking PFS legal.

And any cheese you can pull off with it doesn't even quite manage to reach "uh, I took a longbow. and uh, manyshot. and my strength was more than five."
>>
How viable is it for me to play a Questioner Investigator on their spells and ignore their martial aspect?

I'm aiming for low t3 minimum.
>>
>>53088042
Next batch, way it's shaping up it's going to be about 3-4 posts overall including the last two.

Konja
>ah yes, the succubed.
>the comfiest character by default
>honestly would not mind her getting in, she has a fun goal.
>doesn't match well with other cooky characters, but would match with an ambitious ruler type.
>jesus why does the succubed get five lines what am i doing with my life
Fahd
>I REALLY like the idea of an ex-familiar, it gives great plot hooks.
>Sadly, personality is bare bones and motivation is self-admittidly lacking
Gogo!!!-SuperRobot-SHININGJUSTICE-Azalea-Scrapheap, Champion of the Universe!
>No availability but good concept
>one I'm totally stealing from for my groups next silly game, sorry
Olivia
>great connection to the previous empire
>did I detect a subtle final fantasy tactics reference in there?
>good app, would be surprised if she didn't get in.
>personality is a little short but you get some of it in her background
Kenna
>On one hand, I'm scared. multiple personalities, especially more than two are difficult to pull off.
>On the other hand, if any good is making it into the campaign it's going to be chaotic
>Very detailed, maybe too much so. Could cut down on some fluff.
Aeshma
>amnesia is cliche, but at least the journal is a nice touch
>crouching healer, hidden sloot
>not bad, definetly villanous and lewd
Calesedria
>the thoughts on lewd section made me laugh audibly
>scary tree lady is bare in personality but brimming with flavor
Alkurith
>oh, his background changed since I last read it?
>I'll get back to you
>>
>>53088667
I have a weapon, I'm just on the fence about whether or not it's worth the gold to make it masterwork.

>marbles, caltrops, bear trap
Done.

I could also buy a masterwork crossbow or something so that I have something to shoot with from far away when I run out of spells. I don't know.

I just have all this gold and I feel weird saving it.
>>
Can you play a cleric as a savvy iconoclast revolutionary?
>>
>>53088754
yes, and there's literally a god for that
>>
>>53088769

Which one?
>>
>>53087974
How good is spellslinger?
>>
>>53088754
You can play a cleric as literally anything you want.
>>
>>53088722
Depends on your GM
>>
>>53088779
It's not.
>>
File: 1481298830392.jpg (393KB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1481298830392.jpg
393KB, 1920x1085px
>>53088678

Looking at the Solarian kind of reminded me of an idea I had for a setting where darkness and light were big themes.

Basically humanity has expanded out into the solar system. Most of the main planets are in the "Luminous Zone" where the three major worlds are and most exploration takes place in the Umbral Expanse. There is actually a major religion where all the planets are dieties and I wanted to come up with my own custom races for this setting ( for example, a race of subterranian beast people who have flexible horn like protrusions where their eyes would be and can extend them the way Gore Magala extends it's feelers when in rage mode).

2. Another idea was the PCs are part of various machine like races trying to build a civilization after their colony ship crash landed on a planet. All of the humans have died but they didn't know that their new found awareness was because the humans have essentially downloaded their soul data into them. One race is like the Androids from nier and another more machine like who think the android people killed the humans on purpose and hate them for it (not all of them but their religion henges on worshipping humans)

I had another idea where Dragons were essentially Space Deep Ones and were waring with the humans who were the children of Giants in a massive galatic war of rulership of the heavens (the dragons want to breed and turn all races into dragon blooded and claim all souls for themselves.)
>>
>>53088744
Craft scrolls and other items. You will get more use at level 1.
>>
>>53088778
Milani
>>
>>53088779
one one hand its a wizard

on the other its a worse wizard
>>
How far should I take the hatred between kingdoms?
>>
>>53088744
At level 1, have some money to spend on doing stuff during your adventure. Gold to pay for a stay at an inn, or bribe a guard to get city entrance? Early on, buying wands, scrolls, and potions can be a long term investment. Of course I have a scroll of discern language and arcane sight, let me just read that tome of forbidden knowledge the DM made sure was a language none of the PCs could read

Get water proof shit. Water proof scroll cases. Water proof bag to keep your bag in. Water proof case to keep your spell book in. In theory a single push into the ocean could severely fuck a lot of your investments.

>>53088722
As a dirty trick, yes. Not the without save part, I'm just being a memey fuck.
>>
>>53088812
Solarian is essentially void and star as light and dark. They are going to be jedis essentially. Otherwise that setting is not bad. I am looking for a GM that would let me play as this robot ascetic monk I had an idea to do for a long time though, so robots are always cool.
>>
>>53088863
AAALL THE FUCKING WAY.
>>
>>53088863
Once per month, they exchange one citizen to be executed.
>>
>>53088742
>character is too bland, write more
>do that
>too much fluff, too long now

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>53088863
That shit got fucking brutal in the 16th century, man. Though if you want to see *real* hatred, try converting to a slightly different version of your current religion.
>>
>>53088863

Especially if they are European. There's literally a German word that describes hatred of other nations passed from generation to generation: Erbfeindschaft
>>
File: 1490514958378.jpg (57KB, 700x941px) Image search: [Google]
1490514958378.jpg
57KB, 700x941px
>>53088870

Since we're on the subject what particulars about the character? I know Pathfinder itself has options to custom build races and there are some pre-built races already available like the androids from the main game but what are you looking for in particular?
>>
>>53088742
Yea sounds about right. Not gonna lie, but trying to describe personality makes me fire more blanks than everyone at a civil war reenactment combined. I may also have the character in the wrong campaign altogether, but HAHA REUSED THIS CONCEPT TOO MANY TIMES ALREADY.
>>
What's the ideal equipment for a cleric?

>>53088823

How should a cleric that follows Milani dress/equip him/herself?
>>
>>53088888
It's almost like different people have different opinions.
>>
>>53088933
Spl@ the C@
>>
>>53088950
>What's the ideal equipment for a cleric?
A holy symbol.

>How should a cleric that follows Milani dress/equip him/herself?
A sandwich board reading "Fuck Me Raw Jacobs Senpai."
>>
>>53088742
>subtle final fantasy tactics reference
I've never played it, so no? What reference?
>>
>>53087986
Mystic gunsmoke.
>>
>>53088973
hahah
>>
>>53088950

A hammer and a sickle.
>>
>>53088919
There was a robot race based on the 3.5 warforged called Ancient Robotics. They were essentially actual constructs, but the only way to heal was through repair spells, or a crafting skill, but they had a hardness score, but if they reach 0 HP they are destroyed, so they usually had racial feats to increase their hardness or replace what they were made of with wood so they can be druids, that sort of stuff. It was very cool. I wanted to make an ascetic monk robot with piston fists
>>
>>53088990
And Rose Wardens should dress in all black with masked faces, maybe a touch of red.

Sneak attack.
>>
File: I am Crunch and I punch.jpg (40KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
I am Crunch and I punch.jpg
40KB, 700x400px
>>53089001

So what you're telling me is, you like to punch? But seriously a race with ha different HP mechanic is interesting and makes sense in a starfinder where you have mechanics around, I'd be surprised if they didn't have magic to heal their robo bros.
>>
>>53088888
Jeez, the quints of rage
Kella, I presume?
Different people have different opinions, if it makes you feel any better I do hope you get in. A good character breeds good conflict, and not enough of the applicants went the fey direction imo

>>53088933
Don't know who this is, but personality is the hardest part for me too. I usually resolve to get at least two paragraphs then see what I want to add or change from there.
>>53088976
Damn
>He had never done anything wrong to her, other than being born with the wrong name.
The second part is almost word for word what Delita says to someone in the original FFT iirc

Honestly Olivia kind of reminds me of a female Delita which is a very good thing
>>
>>53089056
Yeah, in 3.5 there were more repair spells commonly available than in pathfinder, but they are still available in pathfinder. As clerics get heal, wizards got repair. But the HP mehanics were exactly the same as construct HP. If a construct or undead reaches 0 HP they are destroyed as well.
>>
File: 020 - BrndEvN.png (130KB, 442x353px) Image search: [Google]
020 - BrndEvN.png
130KB, 442x353px
>>53089073
I wouldn't worry too much about who it is, I appreciate you no matter what. Funny thing about the personality bit is that my first successful app didn't touch on the character's personality at all. I checked.
>>
>>53089073
She's an odd blend of Futayo from KSnH,
Char Aznable, and WHOA HOOOOO from MGSV.
>>
>>53088973

Milano has ascended to major goddess status in Starfinder as Tumble.
>>
Would a crossbow be the best backup ranged weapon for an oracle?

How would a sling be? If I wanted to use a spell slot on it, I could buff my sling bullets with Magic Stone.
>>
>>53089056
Playing the shadowrun video game, I had limited item slots. Everyone had a healing kit on them. My Decker, a hacker type character, had a controlled drone, essentially like an animal companion. As a mechanical creature, it required a repair kit. It was literally a healing kit, but only for robots. Having to dedicate inventory space to keep the robot alive and keep my investment from being lost wasn't worth the hassle.

Playing "it's hp but a different color" ends up being frustrating if not done right. A necromancer channeling negative energy to heal his undead and damage enemies in a single move is a cool synergy that comes at the cost that it doesn't heal your living allies. Healing during combat is suboptimal, but having a type of ally that you literally can't heal in combat isn't worth it. And if it's like oh an iron golem gets healed by fire spells I'll cast fire spells as healing... You've essentially done what the necromancer does with negative energy on undead. And isn't it great to have all these different colored HP bars?

Counter point is that if it's common enough, you play with that in mind. Just rip off how video games do it. Red hp bars are normal flesh, and those get healed.
>>
So, is Steelfist Commando the best unarmed class?
>>
>>53089170
Also, where are the rules for Crossbows? Are they the same as normal bows?
>>
>>53089170
>>53089338
Slings are very easily the best sidearm for a caster with simple weapons, especially if they get magic stone, and have at least a +0 in their strength mod. Crossbows shoot further, but without investment, they don't do any bonus damages. Slings deal extra damage based on your strength score, but you fire them with dex. You fire a crossbow with dex, but don't add bonus damages.
>>
>>53089301
Yes, and it's one of my personal favorites. It just oozes personality.
>>
>>53089371
No, that's the aurora soul.
>>
>>53089371
Nice. I do wonder what the rest of the top 5 would be, though. I heard classes like Unchained Monk and Brawler were mediocre in the unarmed department.
>>
>>53089170
Crossbows require reloading and you don't get str to damage, but have the highest hit die, crit range, and range increments. Javelins are draw and throw, and you can keep a bunch in an efficient quiver for when you need them. Spears can be used in melee or as throwing weapons. One spear with a magical way to return to you will be a bit of an investment but can be very rewarding.
Late game a Opalescent White Pyramid Ioun for 10k gives you a proficiency for any single weapon type.
Just keep a wand up your sleeve and cast on someone whenever you want.
>>
Friendly reminder that, as per the ancient stereotypes imposed on us by the fucking Greeks, only country men and country women may have large schlongs or fat tits.
>>
I didn't see the Starfinder Envoy Class posted here:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljrq?Class-Preview-The-Envoy

What do you all think about it?

Does it interest any of you?
>>
>>53089436
Brawler is okay, it has spirit but flounders a bit.

But yeah, if you can get Steelfist Commando than you will be in for a good time.
>>
>>53088742
So it turns out I got to go to bed early, I've been informed I'm going shopping early in the morning.

Sorry to everyone I didn't get to, but I have to sleep now and I imagine tomorrow this won't really continue.
>>
File: Vesk Envoy.jpg (132KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Vesk Envoy.jpg
132KB, 640x1000px
>>53089470
I actually posted about it last thread.

The response was "Well, that's interesting, but not hugely so."
>>
>>53089360
Is Magic Stone worth it for something like an Oracle though? Currently I only get 2 spells at 1st level, so those slots are pretty important.

Slings are 1d4+1 with Magic Stone, but a crossbow is 1d8, meaning that even if I roll for max damage with the sling it's still 2 less than the crossbow can do. My strength score is 10, so I don't get any extra damage on the sling.

Is there any benefit to the sling that I'm missing?

>>53089441
It looks like both the light crossbow and the sling use a move action to reload, right? Would that make the light crossbow just better all around?
>>
>>53089477
Alright, thanks. One final question, what goes well with Steelfist Commando, whether it's multi-classing or gestalt?
>>
File: fighter_by_dissidentzombie.jpg (230KB, 1547x1061px) Image search: [Google]
fighter_by_dissidentzombie.jpg
230KB, 1547x1061px
>>53089497
I can see the value of the Face/Rogue in SF, but I'm sure it has more to do with people wanting to play as the !Jedi or Technomancers. It'll probably be the Han Solo class, but I'll need to see more if it fits.
>>
>>53089470
There's nothing inherently wrong with the class I can find in that post, but reading over it gave me this feeling of dread and made me lose hope in the game. I couldn't tell you why.
>>
>>53089523

Bard is a perfect Gestalt, ideally something that gives scaling bonuses like Negotiator. Rogue works too, as well as Slayer.
>>
>>53089436
Unchained Monk is, as far as 1pp classes go, pretty damn good. It suffers immensely from MAD, but give it a decent PB Read: 25 or higher and/or access to Feat-based Dex-to-damage and it'll manage alright.

Brawlers are "okay". I haven't looked at them enough to form an opinion, but their main gimmick has been whored out completely to other classes who do it way better.
>>
File: cross ange mechs.png (777KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cross ange mechs.png
777KB, 1280x720px
>>53089548
It fails to pop out at you.

Using such dry language for their ability doesn't help sell them. Use exclamations marks, reference Jackie Chan movies, describe more how the class moves, that would help.

Here, it's something that belongs on a quick blurb in Wikipedia.
>>
File: TS_MA2mod00.jpg (136KB, 960x697px) Image search: [Google]
TS_MA2mod00.jpg
136KB, 960x697px
>>53088233
Vehicular PCs.
You lot all want to be the little girl, well, y'all got yours, I wants mine.
>>
>>53089647
Oh man, I can't wait until someone makes a special "invite only" /pfg/ discord
>>
>>53089647
It's all burning down. Soon we might truly be free.
>>
>>53089644
Thanks to Japan, you can do BOTH at once!
>>
>>53089683
Sources say its already happened.
>>
>>53089588
Which classes can outcompete Brawler at feat chains?
>>
>>53089729
Of course

Discord was never about having a sekrit club, right? No, definitely not.
>>
File: 1489082169317.jpg (851KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1489082169317.jpg
851KB, 1920x2560px
>>53089207

Yeah, I'm going more with the animals are basically cyborgs so they do have flesh bits and benefit from regular healing as opposed to just being full on machines that require a seperate ability to heal them.
>>
File: Kids_asking_for_help.jpg (224KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
Kids_asking_for_help.jpg
224KB, 425x282px
>>53089515
>>
>>53089743
It'll be good for us.
>>
>>53089740
Fighter with Martial Master
>>
>>53089729
>source: my ass
I'm one of the people complaining about the cabal and even I feel the need to call you out on this.
>>
>>53089647
>split
What? Did they make a second Discord to confuse us thread-only folk even more with their toxic spill?
>>
>>53089761
The sling is basically free given that you can get a bajillion bullets for a gold and the weapon is just a strip of leather, and I believe it also stacks with your BAB unlike crossbows.
>>
>>53089647
>hate discord even though they keep to themselves
>can't stop talking about it and bringing it into the thread
>>
>>53089807
>they keep to themselves
AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>53088742
I'm glad my app was at least good for a laugh. In the very high likelihood I don't get in, I'll know I accomplished that much and it wasn't truly a waste.
>>
File: CkKg32KdKyMve.gif (492KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
CkKg32KdKyMve.gif
492KB, 500x281px
>Discord tearing itself apart at the seams
>FotJR had a TPK at Thistletop
What's going to happen next? Vult and Rory kill each other in an MVA? It's like fucking Christmas.
>>
>>53089826
>that FotJR lie

They're not even at thistletop yet, retard
>>
File: Titanfall2-1.jpg (298KB, 1300x732px) Image search: [Google]
Titanfall2-1.jpg
298KB, 1300x732px
>>53089644
You know, I'm wondering how that would work during the RP downtime. As an enormous vehicle, how'd you get around town or deal with the inevitable dungeon crawl IN SPESSSS
>>
>>53089799
Money isn't really an issue for me at the moment, and my BAB probably won't make any meaningful difference for a while.

Would that mean the crossbow is probably the way to go?
>>
>>53089794
The bonus feats more than make up for the loss of weapon training and mastery, huh?
>>
>>53089826
>Vult and Rory kill each other in an MVA

What's an MVA. It sounds familiar but the acronym is unfamiliar.

>>53089862
Before Advanced Weapon Training was a thing? You could take Martial Master comfortably. Now it's a hard choice
>>
>>53089857
It's what 90% of casters end up getting as a backup weapon along with a dagger, since a dagger is always useful.
>>
File: 10gxkt5.jpg (30KB, 289x348px) Image search: [Google]
10gxkt5.jpg
30KB, 289x348px
>>53089647
I warned you about Kawase and Darjeeling.
>>
>>53089877
Also a club, because clubs are free.
>>
File: Hoticemelts02.jpg (245KB, 1426x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hoticemelts02.jpg
245KB, 1426x1080px
>>53089839

I had an idea for this where a PC was the ship's AI so while they were near by and could access the ship's systems the others could "carry" the AI around with them and do stuff with it (i.e. cast spells from the ships or access it's systems)

Then again this was assuming that the ship character was a magic user of some sorts.

Or maybe you can do an Outlaw Star and have ship characters be like Melfina
>>
>>53089899
IT'S JUST A STICK.
>>
>>53089880
Who are Kawase and Darjeeling?

Are they from Roll20?
>>
>>53089912
Roll20 randos.
>>
>>53089910
>I don't have any bludgeoning weapon I can't fight a skeleton

>There's a tree nearby

>player doesn't go for it

JUST
>>
>>53089910
You say that now, but you won't be laughing at it when we get jumped by skeletons smack dab in the middle of rusty dagger shanktown.
>>
>>53089917
>"I'm just a wizard, I can't lift a tree!"
>>
>>53089927
JUST
>>
>>53089916
I'll have you know I'm not a rando, I just didn't apply to any /pfg/ game before.
>>
>>53089935
>"What do you want me to do, climb it? I didn't put any ranks in climb!"
>>
>>53089951
ngnhng.
>>
>>53088233
THICK CYBORG COCK
>>
>>53089972
To be fair they are both awful.
>>
>>53089958
>"Are you trying to tell me I should've bought more tree tokens? I thought five would be enough!"
>>
>>53089941
They legit talk a lot but I don't think they're that annoying. I mean it's #general, not #builds or whatever.
>>
>>53089972

They are really loud roll20 rando newbies who have been talking in both the discord and this thread for HOURS NONSTOP.

More than 12 hours at this point.
>>
File: Aya.png (196KB, 441x354px) Image search: [Google]
Aya.png
196KB, 441x354px
>>53089903
>ywn play as Aya
Way to twist the knife there, friendo
>>
File: unchained monk.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
unchained monk.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>53089910
In the right hands, it's plenty deadly.
>>
File: Vajra_2.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vajra_2.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>53089903
I'm sure you could get around with mostly 'Online' interaction. Talking with people and ordering things through the internet. Plus, it would be an obvious hook for any GM to make all the ships have an AI so you can talk to them while you are docked.

I have to admit, I like the idea of interacting with much smaller and meeker characters, like in the that one /tg/ copypasta about the AI Battleship. Imagine talking some online cohort into meeting you, only for some NEET to come face to face with Cruiser having the guts of some space monster being washed off of it.
>>
>>53089972
Right I'm sure that their constant, unending spewing of worthless shit has not harmed anything

They good posters dindu nuffin
>>
>>53089972

Witch hunters were right about Vult, they were right about Rory, they're right every time. People don't get chosen to be witch hunted at random, THEY'RE FUCKING WITCHES.
>>
>>53090013
But they were wrong about DHB

And mostly wrong about 2hu
>>
>>53089991
Ain't Kawase that one reviewanon?
>>
>>53090020
No.
>>
>>53090017
>Mostly wrong about the mega-autist who thinks his vacuum scenario builds prove anything
>>
>>53089917
>>53089920
>>53089998
Are you tellin' me that the fate of the world rests on me smackin' people 'round with a stick?!
>>
>>53090022
I thought reviewanon was Ecaterina's player?
>>
I wan't to run a high magic Elven campaign, are there any supplements I could add to the core rule book to make it more interesting?
>>
>>53090030
There are many reviewanons, the whole point is that they're an anon reviewer.
>>
>>53088233
Space Iomedae saving the galaxy from space demons!
>>
>>53090020
>>53090030
The last person that did lengthy reviews was a blabbering retard so I am buying this story that it was Kawase
>>
>>53090013
Which is worse, Vultposting or Roryposting?
>>
>>53090054
Yes.
>>
>>53090054

You know, at least Roryposting was always funny.

Vult isn't the same kind of vibrant source of lulz.
>>
Someone explain Spheres of Magic.
>>
>>53090017
It is not incorrect to say that 2hu is so emotionally inept that he doesn't even realize that he's consistently extremely rude to people.
>>
>>53090070
something something discord
>>
>>53090013
But how do you witchhunt them at all without being a witch yourself
Honestly ridiculous
>>
>>53090070
They are like Cubes of Sorcery.
>>
>>53090066
>Roryposting was always funny

t. Rory
>>
>>53090078
I'm asking here.
>>
>>53090076
Yes, but these are all known things.
>>
>>53090070
Spheres of power makes magic better, to the point where i won't run games without it.

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/spheres-of-power
>>
File: 1490893651342.jpg (521KB, 1920x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1490893651342.jpg
521KB, 1920x1107px
>>53090006

>Ship AIs are Arcane Intelligent constructs formed from the souls of magic users using forbidden necromancy techniques
>Since the end of the war many have been lost and more still conceal their true identities to avoid being exploited
>The PCs are exploring an asteroid field and come across a ship adrift inside of it.
>They go inside and find that the ship "wakes up" wondering who the hell is inside of them
>Queue ADVENTURE!
>>
>>53089903
I desperately want to make love to Melfina.
>>
>>53090070
Spheres of Power is a variant magic system wherein rather than picking discrete spells, you spend talents to unlock 'spheres' which encompass different thematic magics.

For instance, you could spend one talent to unlock Destruction, and then you could throw blasts of magic at people. Spend another talent on Fire Blast, and you can make it do fire damage. Or you could spend it on making those blasts explode.

Or you could spend it on unlocking Telekinesis, and do TK things.

It also runs off MP rather than vancian shittery.
>>
>>53090070
You have a bunch of spheres divided up into general themes. Light sphere does light stuff, Life sphere does healing, etc.

You have talents and a BaB-style Caster Level. You purchase spheres with talents. The basic spheres offer a cantrip or 1st-level spell equivalent power, which usually scales to Caster Level (different classes have different caster levels). You can purchase more talents in a sphere to get more effects and improve the effects you have. Spheres rewards specialization into a sphere.

>>53090092
t. Vult.

>>53090105
Good lord yes, I would put that gal in a full Nelson so hard that Vince McMahon would throw a goddamn Pay-Per-View special for it
>>
File: god help me.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
god help me.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>53090105
>>53090127
>>
>>53089999
Anon, she would really appreciate that hug. And she would know that you really loved her, and didn't just want her for her body like the others! I think you could really make something magical together!
>>
Is there a list of ways to increase your carrying capacity?
>>
>>53090141
Fuck dude, I didn't need these feels this late at night.

I just wanna make someone happy.
>>
File: ijdldgyrbqmnwidwtvyn.jpg (56KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
ijdldgyrbqmnwidwtvyn.jpg
56KB, 800x444px
>>53090107
What kind of personality would work well in this scenario?

Or do you think different ship types would have different ones?
>>
How many HD would a CR 30 fey have?
>>
>>53090176
Probably 50-60
>>
Tell me about the psychic. I see that it's a 9th level caster so I assume it's busted, but what's it do to set it apart from the others aside from spell list? Is it any fun to play?
>>
>>53090190
It's like the Sorcerer, but worse.

It's one of the best options for a stealth mage though
>>
File: 1479519637454.jpg (234KB, 1280x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1479519637454.jpg
234KB, 1280x1748px
How many Roll20 randos are being lured to /pfg/ and the Discord every day?
>>
>>53090203
who cares
>>
>>53090102
Magic doesn't need to be better.
>>
>>53090203
Nobody cares
>>
>>53090159
I've got good news! There are *millions* of less than perfect, insecure girls in the world! They're all over the place. Find your Plain Jane, Anon. Find her, and rock her world!
>>
>>53090216
Better in the sense of "It feels exponentially better to use, and is way more fun" As opposed to "God tier power"
>>
>>53090190
Think Sorcerer with a smaller spell list and weaker bloodlines. It's INT with the option of being WIS/CHA based depending on which discipline you pick.
>>
>>53090225
>tfw found mine
>tfw she's just as awkward about sex as i am
it's comfy
>>
>>53090225
Sadly, I'm too wrapped up in my own insecurities and bullshit to do so.
>>
>>53090240
But she wants to be loved so badly, Anon. Why don't you love her?!
>>
File: Sadness2.gif (2MB, 350x190px) Image search: [Google]
Sadness2.gif
2MB, 350x190px
>>53090249
Well, I guess I'm crying myself to sleep again tonight.
>>
>>53090165

Probably more fun to imagine the user affecting the ships in someway. You take their "Soul Core" and install it into a ship and overtime the ship will begin to change based on the PC AI's abilities.

If they are more combat focused the ship begins to grow armor and weapons. Healers and supporters have more tools to do stuff and what not. Obviously I can't say what ships in Starfinder are like because no one knows but I think something like that would be cool.
>>
>>53090107
>>53090006
>>53089903
>>53089839
>>53089644

Transformers has got you covered: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Holomatter_avatar

Alternatively, just have a human-sized drone body. Similar to Melfina, just make an android and have it pilot the ship by integrating into it or something.

I've also been vaguely working on a Transformers race but I am a lazy asshole and haven't gone far beyond vaguely aping the transformation mechanics from Spheres for vehicle alt-modes.
>>
>>53090344
>Moddable AI
I think this is how it works in Star Wars. Most robots have generic, basic AI that can handle simple commands. But as you start asking for weirder things, they Branch out.

Any half-decent GM or player would quickly start changing the ship towards what the team needs.

>AI with medical tools
It's kind of cool AND creepy to think this giant ship person is responsible for keeping you alive.

>>53090375
Only if I get to be large size. Starfinder is already going to have normal sized 'bot people.
>>
>>53090375
Whew, some of these are pretty cute.

What's the deal with Bluestreak and Ultra Magnus? It's a crime to be that cute.
>>
>>53090416
>Normal sized botpeople
Aren't Androids the shittiest type of robot though?
>>
>>53090428
Ultra Magnus is disguised as Verity Carlo, a female human member of the Wreckers. She and Magnus were buds, that's why he used her likeness.
>>
>>53090375
Megatron looks suitably cool and menacing. Optimus Prime is weirdly fitting.

Ironhide looks EXACTLY how he should.
>>
>>53090428
>>53090451
>bumblebee picks a big titty vaguely hispanic woman

Guess the Bay rubbed off on him.
>>
Tell me if I am.rembering this right,

But aren't the Transformers the most disliked species in the Galaxy?

And aren't most other aliens huge?

>>53090435
I'm hoping the female unit we have is a place holder, or they at least I troduce a more modular Robot character.

I wouldn't be surprised if another expansion down the line lets us become peamently large, or at least Mobile Suit sized.
>>
>>53090508
That's a thing in the current comics, yeah. A large portion of the rest of the galaxy is actually at peace and has a stable unified government. Their military actively tries to blockade Transformer space because of how destructive their civil war is, and how the violence spreads to any planet they reach. Though they did try to recruit Ultra Magnus at one point.
>>
Wow, /pfg/ gets real good when talking about Macross, Outlaw Star, and Transformers. Signs are showing good for Starfinder.

>>53090553
Thanks, I only caught a few issues on /co/ during my occasional trips there.
>>
>>53089839
>Complain about size discrimination by the crafters
>Express mild disgust at the willingness of your party to just... dress up and run into somebody else like that.
>Ask them if they're okay down there two three times a minute
>Are they okay? What if they're attacked? Check if they're okay.

As for in town that's way easier
>the comms
>order shit online, become acquainted with the delivery guys the way the rest of the party is popular on that one street because the shops they frequent are all there
>follow, sometimes peek into the windows or hover over the yard
>get offended if someone closes the blinds, how fucking rude, are they trying to exclude you?
>The docking ring IS fucking town for you. Don't really understand why the fleshies all run off for the elevators when all the saucy drama's right up there. Why just last night that asteroid hauler got caught with a pleasure-yacht half his age, and then her owner found out that she was carrying his fabber-drones... Fucking dinner and a show I tell ya.
>>
>>53090624
And don't forget sending help.

>YOUR GP OR YOUR HP! .... uh... ... what... what the fuck is that?

>This? Pho-Torp Mark VI, why?

>Is... isn't that a... a ship missile?

>Yes, and?

>Why would you have that floating behind you?

>Overwatch in case of bandits.

>. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

>Are you done rolling intimidate yet? Can I actually charge them?
>>
>>53090624
>OH MY GOD! You overkilled a tugboat!
>Support craft!
>NO C1-R1L, when they're slagged they're just tugboats!
>>
>>53090697
It's like Kancolle, except instead of cute ship-girls with a disturbing amount of doujins involving admirals making more ship-girls inside them, it's the cast of fucking Archer, with Mallory running a launching bay.
>>
So say I want to vid related in a future session of my campaign, what are your suggestions for doing so? Think "silly on the outside, horrifying and sinister beneath the surface".
> Hard Mode: no Fey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZpGHOlle1g
>>
>>53090732
>>53090624
What do you buy as a present for the ship that won't get turned against you?

>My targettig sensors aren't old, they're vintage!
Says the ship you found in an asteroid field.

>But MASERs were all the rage back then! What do you mean my core can't keep them charged?!

>Are you lining MY interior with THAT carpet!?

>You know, I know a bug who knows a lizard who knows a gay space communist who could get you a better deal on those...
>>
>>53090757
Nymphs.
>>
>>53090782
What's so horrifying about Nymphs?
>>
>>53088256
I once did a session based on "In the Court of the Crimson King." The party failed to stop a society of Dark Folks from summoning The Fire Witch, so I ended up making an entire stat block for her.
I would post it, but I don't know where I put it.
>>
>>53090782
Where's the body size comparison site you guys like so much?
>>
>>53090435
>>53090416
Androids aren't even robots. They are androids. Machines designed to imitate people, and have souls. Like Data from startrek. The thing with androids though is they aren't actually full constructs. They are 'partiall constructed' so they still need to eat and breath, they have synthetic blood and almost no actual machine parts. The rest is synthetic flesh and nanites, save for the select few metallic bones and the thin metal tattoo-like circuitry on their skin.
>>
>>53090416

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AnExBuxCzoiyMKmZYYfCZxnbkaWNr2adoE6Wm84YofI/edit

Here is what I have so far. As you can see, it's pretty much in pre-alpha stage.

My thought was to give them feats to permanent increase their size, as well as a different feat for temporary mass-shifting.

>>53090435

They're just the first thing that comes to mind. Ultimate Psionic's robot people are rather terrible. I'd just use the warforged port if I were you: http://pf-eberron.wikidot.com/races:warforged

>>53090508

They are alongside the Stentarians.

Even ROM, who's from another galaxy, disliked them from the beginning.

And there are a lot of huge aliens, yes.
>>
>>53090757
Depends on the party and your setting.

I can see it working in Starfinder with people just robbing colonies operated by Small sized folk.

>>53090812
In this case, it would probably be their ability to attract and manipulate others to do their bidding. They might not be strong themselves against the party, but they can probably hook someone who is.

>>53090852
Got it. I think I was messing up my terms.

But Info hope we are allowed to go full machine.
>>
>>53090876
If not, once again repurposing the old warforged or the ancient robotics races.
>>
What do you guys think of the higher focus on crafting in starfinder? They have a whole currency for crafting, called Universal Base. Likely the actual currency is how you craft items along with the special materials like metal. Likely in a fabricator or 3d printer like in startrek
>>
>>53090876
My bad, I probably should have specified that I meant more of the latter half of the video as opposed to the first part with the robbing of the supplies from other islands.

Basically I'm going to be attempting a sort of "Alice in Wonderland"-style crazyfest that despite being super weird the Dragon brother and sister working behind the scenes are actually dangerously smart. I'm just trying to fish for ideas on what to fill their domain with.
>>
>>53090903
Fey are typically the best for Alice in Wonderland style. Its essentially what they are meant for. Also actual jabberwock things.
>>
>>53090900
I like it because it deals with the issue some people have of suddenly finding better equipment.

Instead, you are just upgrading what you have. It's easy to understand why someone kept some simple gun but improved it with scopes and sights and all that jazz. Same goes for armor.

I'm just hoping the rules are simple without too much worry about breaking things.
>>
>>53090913
Ugh, I don't know why I'm so bent out of shape regarding the inclusion of fey. I know you're right, but I guess one major sticking point is that I don't quite know how dragons and fey interact, even if the dragons are probably crazy enough to fit right in.
>>
>>53090961
Unease.

Being in a Fey realm is like being in some other dragon's hoard. It will not end well.

Older dragons with experience are probably going to be very willing to just set everything on fire and bail.
>>
>>53090961
Dragons have their own quirks. Typically the chaotic dragons interact with fey. Green dragons especially have their own kingdoms in forests with fey inside typically.
>>
Is there a familiar/familiar archetype tier list?
>>
>>53087974
So what are the chances of ever finding a game on one of those online dealies for this shit if you can only play late at night on weekdays? also how long do these things last and how hard are they to learn? is it true that pathfinder is better/worse then DnD? is it really only for furfags? clear some of this up for a bored newfag.
>>
>>53090992
Good:
Valet

Great:
Figment
Sage

Basically worth half a PC on its own:
Figment+Sage stacked
>>
>>53091009

Lurk more
>>
>>53091036
No, fuck you im bored of lurking, answer my questions you nigger, I also knew that would be the first response.
>>
>>53091009
You can find pathfinder games for every day of the week if you looks enough. The thing is, it does not take too long to learn, and no its not only for furfags its just there is two 'technically' furry races, but people often make their own which even then arent even always accepted. And as for if its worse or better, its esentially improved/expanded 3.5, so some people like that, but some people don't like how big the game is and all the options in it because it feels more convoluted or complicated than it actually is.
>>
>>53091030
For a frontline melee character would mauler or protector be better, or would figment/sage stacked still be a better option for that sort of character?
>>
>>53091057
Depends if you want to be better at your main job or spread out to be good at lots.

I usually run Figment+Sage as knowledgebots(obviously) along with perceptionbots: at level 3 you can snag +8 to perception, or at level 7 you can snag tremorsense on it.

There's also a dev comment somewhere in the paizo forums that your sage familiar gets bonus skill ranks once its INT mod is above +0.
>>
>>53091052
hmm and where would one look to find such games? also how long are most sessions like 2-3 hours?
>>
>>53091093
the short ones are 3 hours but you really can't get anything done in 3 hours so most are 5 or 6.

As for where, game finders, /pfg/ and online forums are good places. Maybe not the best, but pretty alright. the important thing is finding a good group.
>>
Y'know, I hope Overlewd turns out well. But one thing that I hope it spells the end of?

PC-on-PC shipping.

Gestalt, lewd, high-power, APs, none of that has been as toxic to /pfg/ as shipping. There have been so many threads devoured by people throwing shitfits over who should be who's waifu. I hope that Overlewd is the last one, and after that we can all just go back to giving everybody their own standard-issue NPC love interest.
>>
File: 1491574621522.jpg (416KB, 617x692px) Image search: [Google]
1491574621522.jpg
416KB, 617x692px
Aroden's Been Deadpool for about 100 years?
I thought it was longer than that.
>>
>>53091141
>Aroden's Been Deadpool
The fuck are you smoking autocorrect?
Aroden's been dead for*
>>
>>53091141
It's surprisingly short--I think it was actually closer to about 80, maybe 60 years. That's when the Chelish civil war was, anyway.
>>
>>53091099
god dammit I dont I have the time for 5 or 6 hours, how the fuck does anyone actually get games started having to find 4+ people that can all sit around for 5+ hours straight on the same days?!
>>
File: C0lfLEmWgAAy7oU.jpg-large.jpg (59KB, 824x501px) Image search: [Google]
C0lfLEmWgAAy7oU.jpg-large.jpg
59KB, 824x501px
>>53091141
>Aroden is Deadpool
This explains everything.
>>
>>53091151
well, 4 hours is MOST common but like if its in real life, its usually longer than that. 4 hours is a good amount of time to get a chapter or two out of the way.
>>
Does the Arcane Bomber archetype get Int to damage on bombs?

They treat their Bombs feature as the Alchemist's version of the feature rather than a separate one, which mentions Int to damage, but they don't have the Throw Anything feature of an Alchemist.
>>
>>53091135
It won't be over.
Nothing is ever over.
>>
new thread
>>53091203
>>53091203
>>53091203
>>53091203
>>53091203
>>
>>53091135
Who ever threw a fit? It always seemed really obvious which waifu went where to me.
>>
>>53091208
>Page 3
>New thread
Lurk more newfag
>>
>>53091135
Shipping is pretty cancer but I don't think I've ever seen shipper-wars in particular go on around here. It's always like, some pre-game shipping or just people screaming for a specific pair to bang.
>>
>>53091215
What threads, and what games, were you watching?

To me, RotJR was hit by it the worst, and Blingmaker probably second-worst. Though I will admit, Overlewd seems to have mainly dodged the bullet of people screeching about which PC they want to fuck--I chalk it up to not as many people assuming "purity" on the part of villainesses.
>>
>>53091244
I don't see shipping "wars"--at least not of the kind that an anime thread might have.

But there's a steady stream of salt from people who are butthurt they didn't get to play with the latest waifu of the month, or who are grousing about how some group's pursuing the "wrong" kinds of friendships or banter.
>>
>>53091009
You never know if you'll find a group or not, because timezones are fucking sorcery.

The ease of learning the game varies depending on how you think and absorb information of this kind.

Games tend to go for like, 3-5 hours. Actual long-term length, can vary a lot.

Pathfinder has a number of improvements over 3.5. I keep hearing things from 3.5 and they just sound like fucking idiocy to me.

It is not only for furfags. There are races that could be considered 'furry', but them's the breaks. And to be honest, PF kitsune are actually alright, it's just that this thread has a good deal of shitposters.
>>
>>53091044
Lurk more and fuck off back to /v/, /b/, and/or /pol/. Or reddit.
>>
>>53091252
I missed RotJR's thread heyday, I will concede, but the pairings for Blingmaker seemed obvious. I don't recall much hubbub on that score.
>>
>>53091367
Honestly, I think Kitusne fag is just one SUPER fucking autistic person since he keeps trying to bring negative attention to /pfg/ in other threads by quoting his own posts.

Then again, I also legit think he's 2hu too.
>>
>>53091400
I can't believe it's 2hu.

That kinda shit is seriously not their style at all.
>>
>>53091421
I think it is. I think you guys are underestimating sperg anger.
>>
>>53091452
its not 2hu posting style
>>
>>53091452
It's not his style, and he's not the sort to do that.

Also I'm reasonably certain he's not like, actually angry? At all?
>>
>>53091465
It is. It's just a not a wall of text. It's distinct and robotic enough to be him.
>>
>>53091481
Nah, its more like 'cuteposting'
>>
Wait the shit, where did all the posts go?
We were at 320+ posts and now it says 295.
Someone even made a new thread because we were over bump limit, even if the idiot did it while we were at page 3.
>>
>>53091528
shhh
>>
File: 01a_large.png (217KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
01a_large.png
217KB, 480x270px
>>53091528
>>
>>53091395
>>53091395
>pairings for Blingmaker seemed obvious
Herein lies the problem. "Pairings" for a game shouldn't be "obvious".

If the PCs decide that their characters are going to hook up, that should be their business. The thread trying to dictate it only leads to trouble, and mostly for the thread.
>>
>>53091395
What, Kyras and Milre? That was just /pfg/ being pervs and somebody false-flagging to make it look real.
>>
>>53091395
What are the obvious pairings, Anon?
>>
>>53091623
Don't ask, it's just going to cause more of a shitstorm when they don't become a thing.

Or worse, the PCs might actually get influenced by the thread memes, and that's never a good idea.
>>
Huh, Severing Ties, Of Kirin and Kraken, Weapon in the Rift, The Overflow Archives, and the Temple of the Empyreal Enlightenment seem nice.
Are there other interesting PFS Scenarios?
>>
>>53091879
Orders from the Gate, All for Immortality 1, 2, and 3, Fires of Karamoss, Traitor's Lodge + Thralls of the Shattered God, and Wardens of Sulfur Gultch are also pretty great.
>>
>>53091623
Andras and Franwen
>>
>>53092032
Who and what? What the f-
>Andrik + Kyras
>Franze + Branwen
Oh, shitty portmanteu names. Delightful. We /a/ now.
>>
File: 1493394895981.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1493394895981.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
Nawfag DM here, running my first campaign. I wanted to run an AP for my first game, so I went to barned and nobles and bought the first prepackaged adventure they had. I ended up picking up the emerald spire superdungeon (plus the thornkeep books two weeks later).

My players arent particularly liking it, and they want to switch to a more story driven adventure. They gave me their backstories, and one of them is a noble child bargained away to the seelie court in return for the fertility of the mother and prosperity of the family. The other character was a slave dancer who has been rescued from captivity by the former character, and now they travel together.

I guess I don't really know what I'm asking, but I feel like they are going to be mad at me if their characters die, and although I am giving them both plenty of advantages to help make up for the fact that its a two person game, I'm a believer. In letting the dice fall as they may. I've already decided to move away from having all the combat scenes as they appear in the emerald spire book, and start moving towards a more character driven story... I guess im just looking for advice. Am I making a mistake anywhere?
>>
>>53092102
>tank

hurrdurrhur
>>
>>53092116
Hurrdurrhurrdur?
Durrdurrhurrdur?
Durrhurrdurrdu?
Durrhurrduhur?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mszm7fEF0O1qz4rgp.png (154KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mszm7fEF0O1qz4rgp.png
154KB, 500x281px
>>53092415
Asking if someone was dropped on their head as a child is rude, I think.
>>
File: 1413713163288.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1413713163288.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Alright, I'll make a new thread at page 8. Ignore all other new threads before then.
>>
>>53092803
>Making new threads even when there are stumps already
Why
>>
>>53092889
What, you mean the dead thread that was posted at page 3 before the bump limit was even reached?
>>
>>53092896
Bump limit was actually reached but it was on page 3, then a bunch of posts were deleted.
But yeah that thread since it exists already and wouldn't clutter the board.
>>
>>53091955
>Wardens of Sulfur Gultch
Season 8 isn't on troves
>>
>>53093107
>>53091955
Neither is a good chunk of Season 7
>>
>>53093141
>>53093107
>>53091955
Only ones that are are Fires of Karamoss and Traitor's Lodge
>>
New thread

>>53093427
>>53093427
>>53093427
>>
>>53093431
Kill yourself desu
>>
>>53093439

for what?
>>
>>53093445
There was a thread already >>53091203
>>
>>53093461

fuck that shit
>>
>>53093472
No, fuck your shit you cluttering piece of shit.
>>
>>53093481
No fuck your shit.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.