[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What BL book are ou currently reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7145.jpg (31KB, 196x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7145.jpg
31KB, 196x300px
Just started the iron warriors omnibus and it's such a great departure from the night lords omnibus I just read. Really makes me like the iron warriors already
>>
>>53087358
The last one I've read was Storm of Damocles, 2 days ago, I thought it was pretty good made the deathwatch my favourite faction in 40k, bonus points from me for dead tau!
>>
>>53087358
Two great tie-ins to this series is Angel Exterminatus, a Horus Heresy novel featuring Perty and most of the main cast of Storm of Iron, and the Ultramarines novel Dead Sky Black Sun which takes place on Honsou's fortress of Medrengard.

Sucks reading Angel Exterminatus AFTER Storm of Iron though ;_;
>>
>>53087358
Finishing Garro up

Next on the list is Mechanicum

then on to the Night Lords Omnibus I've had sitting on my desk for the past 6 months. Did you not like it enough to recommend me skip it if I don't like the NL that much?
>>
>>53087538
Thanks Anon! I finished the Iron Warriors omnibus and it felt like I was missing some parts of the story. Thanks for the advice.

I just finished The Damnation of Pythos, which was pretty great but could have used a shorter ending, kind of ruined all the great horror buildup. Now I'm moving on to Mechanicum, hopefully it will inspire me to paint my Ad-Mech well.
>>
>>53088109
No I loved it. It's fantastic. What I meant by change of pace was that the two legions are so different in how they're written and act it's like day and..... well night
>>
Just finished Red Tithe by Robbie McNiven. Knew the sharks were my favourite chapter for a reason.
>>
File: dante.jpg (45KB, 338x499px) Image search: [Google]
dante.jpg
45KB, 338x499px
This one.
>>
>>53087358
It did feel a bit incoherent if you didn't read the Space Smurfs novels before though.

Currently reading Forge of Mars.

Put if off for quite a while after Techpriest and Skitarius being so shit, but forge of Mars is actually great so far.
>>
>>53088861
You actually missed most of the story post storm of iron. All those short stories in the Iron warriors omnibus were really just companion pieces to the ultramarines books more than anything else.

Dead sky black sun is all about a war honsou fought on Medrengard and why he decided to invade Ultramar, told from the point of view of an ultramarine on a suicide mission

Courage and Honour, the last ultramarines book, is about the invasion of ultramar from beginning to end with Honsou as the main villain.
>>
>>53090747
Great book, the reaping time is a great bonus short by mcniven. Also theres the short the judges in their hunger for shark fluff
>>
>>53087358
I've just started Magnus The Red in the Primarchs series, planning on devouring it in the week-end.
>>
>>53091908
"You abased yourself before the traitor."
>>
>>53091940
Gotta feel for the guy a bit, at that moment decides to kneel and gets fucked up for it. If he stood standing for another minute or so he could have gotten away with it
>>
>>53091875
>Honsou as the main villain.

Honsou is cucked by M'kar.
>>
>>53087358
Just finished "Perturabo", it was quite underwhelming. You get to read about his early life in which he is a moody shit, you do get to read how Dantioch (one of the coolest Iron warriors) got super aged fighting the Hrud (and a bit more descriptions of how the hrud fight and look). More moody primarch as he returns to Olympia after they rebel burns everything to shit argues with his adoptive sister and realizes he was wrong about everything after killing her. Admits he's turned into Cruze and literally gets shuttled off planet while crying like a bitch by Forrix so no other Iron warrior sees their leader like that.
>>
>>53093471
>Admits he's turned into Cruze
lol
>>
>>53087358
fabius bile primogenitor, it's amazing so far, love the characterization of Fabius as a grumpy atheist (even in the face of a demon) that still clings to the ideals of the great crusade, just in his own special way
>>
>>53087358
Path of the DarK Eldar series.

Probably one of my favorite depictions of the Dark Eldar and showing Vect in all his dickish glory. Only dislike is how the Rebel eldar exodite gets no real follow up. He was the most interesting character in the first novel but gets no mention in the second or third one
>>
>>53087358
Newbie here just getting into everything. I'm starting Gaunt's Ghosts, and after that I plan on going through the Horus Heresy.

Is there a series that does the Orks justice without being too ridiculous, and besides Deff Skwadron?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.