[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From a design standpoint, should monster/alien races be more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

From a design standpoint, should monster/alien races be more covered for practicality (armor/space suits/etc) or less covered to exaggerate their monstrous/alien features?
>>
They've got their scales to protect them anyway, and who's to say they can't breathe in space?
>>
File: anon_loves_scaly.png (19KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
anon_loves_scaly.png
19KB, 540x540px
Whatever makes your dick hard.
>>
>>53086386
monstrous bodies should probably mean monstrous wear
>>
>>53086386
>Practicality
Is a meme.
Why don't boxers wear padded armor and helmets? Because they're not fucking faggots.
>>
>>53088544
Because the rules of boxing prohibit any effective fighting tactics like eye gouges, groin attacks, and joint breaking, while ensuring the legal striking surfaces are themselves padded with massive gloves?
>>
>>53088595
Boxing with gloves is more dangerous than boxing barehanded, for the people getting punched.
Gloves exist to protect the fighter's hands. This protection allows, and in most cases encourages, fighters to hit much harder than they would barehanded.
>>
File: First_form_frieza.png (379KB, 828x966px) Image search: [Google]
First_form_frieza.png
379KB, 828x966px
>>53086386
They should use armor.Pic related.
>>
>>53088710
I'll concede that point, but the most disabling tactics in hand to hand combat are still largely disallowed. There's a reason that, when warfare was up close and personal, soldiers usually wore armor when they could afford it.
>>
The correct answer is "more armored to exaggerate their monstrous features"

Imagine looking down the barrel of a charging Minotaur in full plate armor. Shit would be intense
>>
>>53089426
I think the counter to that is "can you even tell it's a minotaur at that point?"
>>
>>53086386
They're already anthropomorphised, might as well go all the way
>>
>>53089532
>helmet needs to be shaped to fit a bull skull
>animal legs
>hooves

If he's not a Minotaur then I don't know what you'd assume it is
>>
>>53086386

Depends on culture. I like to make alien species whose clothing and equipment speaks to their alien nature as much as their appearance. It's also, BTW, how you make games like Stars Without Number have humans who are Utterly Alien to one another. Just... change the societal norms. It'll make the players feel slightly uncomfortable in their interactions, too, which is always a plus, because it means they're experiencing the same feelings as their characters.
>>
File: 1469252904348.jpg (736KB, 1031x1626px) Image search: [Google]
1469252904348.jpg
736KB, 1031x1626px
>>53089426
>Imagine looking down the barrel of a charging Minotaur in full power armor.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.