[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamigakari Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 24

File: 1484502007659.jpg (347KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1484502007659.jpg
347KB, 1024x1448px
Well, its time once again.

Have you done anything interesting with the system? made any interesting characters? Played any interesting games? Have any questions or doubts about rules or wording?

Well, you are in the right place.

Baseline stuff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
http://pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0
>>
>>53085638
My first question is for kamigakari anon. If and when you get here, could you post some of that twitter art so i can use it as thread starters? i've only got 9 pics to work with and i don't like repeating so soon.
>>
File: Vocaloids.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Vocaloids.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>53085638
Huh. I just thought of this, but some sort of cyborg with divine talker talents could be a vocaloid.
>>
File: Dancing miku.gif-c200.gif (138KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Dancing miku.gif-c200.gif
138KB, 200x200px
>>53085778
Playing an idol or something of the sort with a secret double life isn't exactly new or anything, but it is interesting to balance while playing.
>>
File: yuki typing.gif-c200.gif (234KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
yuki typing.gif-c200.gif
234KB, 200x200px
>>53085638
Something else i just noticed, digital sorcerer gets very little love overall, despite being a thematically interesting choice.

Hacking reality is pretty cool, all things considered.
>>
What is the main mechanic of this game?

How is combat?

How is character creation?

lots of questions
>>
I want to run a My Hero Academia game at some point in the near future, and I don't think I have a GURPS tutor within 400KM so I'm interested in this.

Can it be done?
>>
>>53088123
Someone asked this in a previous thread.

Simpler quirks are stupid easy. For example, hardening types are covered by dragon carrier B. Elemental ones like bakugo's or todoroki's by elemental adept.

The more complex you get, the more creative you need to be, but thats also part of the fun.

>>53088078
Combat is the main thing in this game. Things that don't happen are somewhat free form, and mostly up to Roleplay, rather than rollplay. There are maneuvers to be used for various checks, but these are in extraneous circumstances.

So far as combat goes, its got several unique systems that add variety to the battle.

These include but are not limited to a spirit pool of 4 dice you can use to power abilities or alter rolls, Engagements which allows for effective "Tanking", action restrictions based on how far you move in a turn, and other more minor things.

So far as character creation, its all static numbers. There is no rolls, so making what you want is a matter of choosing the options you think work best. Currently there is a fair few races to choose from, and styles (which amount to classes), which each have a focus, and are split into A and B type's which further split that focus. As an example, dragon carriers rely on their transformations, but that transformation is offensive with dragon carrier A, and defensive with dragon carrier B.

next set of questions?
>>
>>53088321
>things that don't happen
don't happen in combat, my bad.
>>
>>53088321
Could I use a chess board as a grid?
I know it sounds stupid, but I'm only on page 4, so I don't know yet how big encounters are supposed to be.
>>
>>53088383
Actually, yes. You probably could.

The thing about encounters is that your character will always take up 1 square, regardless of the actual scale of the conflict.

The squares could be 5, 50, or 500 feet, and this would not actually affect combat too terribly. At least not in the 2d sense of a board.

A good way to put it is that "An encounter is only as large as the DM wants it to be"

If you need extra space though, i'd suggest getting a few chessboards with as little edge as possible, and putting them next to eachother as needed.
>>
What is the setting about?

What is the coolest power in the game? you know something to sell this thing to my 5e players
>>
>>53088479
>what is the coolest power in the game

Whats the coolest anime power you can think of? probably that. it'll change from person to person, but the system is built around stupid high power BS like that. There's only been 3 things so far that can't be emulated. One of them is an a monster with no actual abilities to speak of, one of them is magic space jesus from evangelion, and the other is a control type ability like lelouch or the girl from mondaiji. Everything else so far has been accounted for, to my knowledge. Mixing and matching is not only possible, but actively encouraged.

So far as the setting goes, the basic setting involves a city called hisashiro. In this town, many groups and such work together to defeat aramitama, which are basically high level calamities given physical form. Your characters are god hunters that have all inherited a "Shard" from some event, whether that be birth or given to you by someone else" making you an "Inheritor". This gives you abilities well and above the average human, bordering on impossible.

Each player character even gets their own personal hammerspace.
>>
>>53088561
mmm can you do the jajanken from hunter x hunter?

The kamehameha from dragon ball?

The shadow clone jutsu?
>>
>>53088623
>Jajanken
Easy.
>kamehameha
Easier

>Shadow clones
Technically, yes. Dark hunter gets "Shadow double" as a talent, but it doesn't give you an outright clone. Alternatively, you could work with your DM to use contractor B to have 1 health clones of yourself.
>>
>>53088797
Sold
>>
>>53088838
The game is extremely refluff friendly, so if something doesn't quite work, feel free to refluff it. So long as nothing mechanical changes, the game outright encourages it.

This goes both for items and talents.

For example, i emulated sunlight yellow overdrive from jojo part 1 by using the racial talent for scion [99 Regalia] and the arc slayer talent [Secrets of the destroyer]
>>
>>53088838
another fun fact since hunter x hunter was brought up, i made killua as an example a thread or two back.

Human with dark hunter A/B and Elemental Adept A/B. He's got traits from all 4, so you can pick and choose what you want.
>>
>>53085648
Are you asking for the twitter URL again or do you want me to post the art for some reason? (I mean you can look at it yourself so I'm confused!)

Also, I have Altered Space-Time so I'll be giving a small preview.
>>
>>53089348
Either or would work. I just need more pics to use in the thread or as a thread starter.

Also, YES.
>>
>>53089466
Oh, sure thing. https://twitter.com/rikizo001/media

It's the author, Rikizou's personal account. Now has Altered pictures too!
>>
>>53089481
Sweet. Working with just 9 pictures is a bit of a pain. This'll help a lot.
>>
File: Bb7zEjsCQAAtwlh.jpg (45KB, 454x643px) Image search: [Google]
Bb7zEjsCQAAtwlh.jpg
45KB, 454x643px
>>53089541
Holy shit was that an exaggeration. Guy had a ton of pictures on his twitter.

On top of that, he had more pics of bow-loli and cyborg girl. I find both of them interesting.
>>
>>53089606
>An exaggeration
I meant an understatement. I really need to stop typing so fast and proofread what i'm saying.
>>
>>53089619
Typing*
>>
>>53089637
typing is a verb, not a noun. you wouldn't capitalize it.
>>
File: 715JsnbRy7L.jpg (203KB, 717x1009px) Image search: [Google]
715JsnbRy7L.jpg
203KB, 717x1009px
Altered Space-Time is the newest expansion, released just two weeks ago as of this post. It is a Story & Data book, which basically means it's a book that focuses on some aspect of the setting, and offers several scenarios surrounding it, along with just a bit of data. The fourth expansion book, Embers That Burn for the Girl, is like this too. While that one focused on the Demon Hunter Society, Altered Space-Time focuses on what it says right on the tin: wacky time and space shenanigans.

The first 11 or so pages gives setting info. It focuses on explaining the particulars of having time adventures and spatial shenanigans. It talks about a new type of Aramitama that emerged after Purgatory Night that can control time itself, and gives particulars on that, plus some other details. Then it provides a new sample city like Embers did, and three new NPCs, all of them lady Marebito with the auspicious names of Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos.
>>
>>53089682
Auspicious names indeed. The three fates aren't names to take lightly.
>>
>>53089682
Then we get to the data. It starts off with three sample PCs, then moves to player options. Unfortunately no Talents at all, just purely items, and no Additional Effects. As advertised, we get SIX (6) pages of Form: Sword. Most of these seem to be famous swords throughout history. Their kanji will destroy me. Then we get one page each of the other Forms. Of humorous note, there's a Matchlock and a Flintlock in the Form: Ranged items. From there, there's one pages of Protector/Suits, three (?!) pages of Protector/Shields, and two pages of Accessories.

That's all for the player data. For GM data, there's two pages of new sample Distortions, which all seem to be somewhat higher level/more lethal than the ones in the main book. One's Sense is 18/22, and its B effect is giving the Boss 50 HP. It also deals 7d6 armor-ignoring damage if it's flubbed. Ouch. After that there's more Mononoke, 7 per type, for a total of 56 Mononoke. The four scenarios are actually in between this, but I wanted to mention them separately.
>>
>>53089770
man, i knew there was a shitload of items, but seriously? 6 pages of famous swords? Thats a bit overboard.
>>
>>53089770
These four scenarios are not linked, they're separate things. They are level 1, 2, 3, and then 10, and each one deals with a different time-space shenanigan. The first is called "The Girl of Loss" and its title picture involve a Jorougumo (or a spider girl, if you prefer). It's set in the Heian era. Scenario two is titled "The Two Saint Georges" and has a title picture of a girl shooting a snake-like Aramitama with a sniper rifle. The third is set in the modern era, in the new sample city, and has the same title as the book: Altered Space-Time. It focuses around a particular Distortion, and its title image has a lamia chick (there's a strong monster girl theme in this book I guess). The last one is a doozy, titled "The Great Demon War" and is set in 1944. The title image is a Vega-looking dude looking straight up manical.

Interestingly enough, each scenario comes with its own Boss data, but Scenario 2 (the Saint Georges one) has TWO Bosses. There are also scenario-specific items in the back of the book. To give an example, the "Holy Sword Ascalon" is used in Scenario 2, and says it can have ALL [Forms] applied to it, but can only be used by the one who bears the title of "Saint George" (which as you'll recall, is only given to high-ranking Templars; I suspect the scenario therefore deals with the 'certain Godhunter' mentioned in Teresa Cross's profile). It's used to cancel out the second boss's silly OP ability, which lets it recover 1000 HP every End timing.

And that's all I got for you.
>>
>>53089983
The scenario's themselves sound pretty fun, all things considered.

The saint george one seems to be of particular interest due to its more unique mechanics.
>>
>>53085638
Still waiting for some acquaintances who have played Night Wizard to try this so I can hear a direct comparison.
>>
>>53090804
I've never even heard of night wizard, so you got me on that one.
>>
Hey, a friend and I are trying to understand the system and while some things make sense, others just seem strange (the idea of calculating damage with PD and ranks at the same time?). Could someone here give me the time of day and help me understand this?
>>
>>53090804
Having translated both of those, they're narratively pretty close (there's no 'common sense' enforcement in Kami but it's still secret, you still fight in barriers, etc) however Kami is mechanically... I would say better, but I guess it depends on what attracts you to Night Wizard. NW felt very samey and boring to me, Kami has interesting dice mechanics with the dice pool and swapping. It has a similar 'mix and match classes to make your own thing', but also it is inherently less wacky in design, even if it's not without humor.

So I'd say Kami is the more serious big sister that teases sometimes, whereas Night Wizard is the spontaneous little sister who has a closet full of anime.
>>
>>53090878
Totally.

When you calculate rank, this is your base damage. You roll 2d6 (or higher if you alter it somehow), and the highest of the two rolls is your baseline. You then multiply this by the rank you currently have, and this is your baseline damage.

After this, you add PD so as to further increase the damage from there.

The formula is like this
>(RankXHighest roll)+PD=Damage

Damage is then mitigated by evasion/resist, halving effects,and armor/barrier in that order.
>>
>>53090893
So evasion isn't a 'beat this to not get hit, it's more Damage Reduction?
>>
>>53090905
No, it is a "Beat this to get hit". Resist usually only halves, but in terms of the steps for mitigation, they take place at the same time, as one is for physical damage and the other for magical.
>>
>>53090916
also, if you have multiple effects that halve damage, you continue to divide damage by 2 for each one you have. So half, quarter, eighth, and so on.
>>
File: BReCliLCQAEwGQR.jpg (28KB, 355x429px) Image search: [Google]
BReCliLCQAEwGQR.jpg
28KB, 355x429px
>>53090916
sorry, beat this to not get hit.

Once again, typing to fast.
>>
>>53090916
Alright, I think I get it. This was a hurdle. The book is strangely put together, and running my 'hands' through the pages trying to make sense of it makes things really hard.
>>
>>53090846
It's a game about modern day wizards (i.e. any supernatural creature) fighting evil wizards away from muggles' prying eyes. Which is what they have to do, because if any muggle witnessed their wizardry, they would be instantly erased from existence. Consequently, there are no rules for interactions outside of combat in Lunar Caskets. Characters don't even have any stats that tell you anything about what the character is like, only combat statistics.
But there are lots and lots of classes. And you combine two of them to create your character. More options than you can shake a stick at. Except most of those options are boring and redundant both within classes and across classes because they completely forgot to make combat interesting.

And my concern about Kamigakari from reading it is that it falls into the same trap. The Spirit Pool is a neat gimmick on paper, but it is nothing more than a modification to the core resolution system and without interesting subsystems built around it, it will not be anything more than a neat gimmick. And I have yet to recognize any interesting subsystems in that game.

>>53090880
No offense, but I'm not buying your defense. For the abovementioned reason and because as the translator, you're biased.
>>
>>53090963
Er, I translated *both games*, Kamigakari and Night Wizard 3rd edition. And I'm not interested in "defending" Kamigakari at all. If you don't like it, that's fine?
>>
>>53090962
Take it one step at a time anon. there's no rush. Feel free to ask any more questions you have. I'll get to them to the best of my ability.

>>53090963
Well then don't worry. For social stuff, kamigakari does make a point of giving you things that interact with it. Covers, bonds, your crest, and a fair few other things leave social stuff and character customization pretty open to you.

For the spirit pool, its more dynamic than you would think. Especially because you can use [Timing: unique] Talents at any time they are viable, provided you can pay the cost. So this means stacking tons of stuff, weird effects, and many other things.

Each class is distinct to itself, and has two subsets with a different focus. No two so far fill exactly the same niche, to my knowledge.
>>
>>53090963
One note on this comment

>is a neat gimmick on paper, but it is nothing more than a modification to the core resolution system

If you simplify something far enough, this is still true.
>>
How does a standard combat turn work out in this system?
>>
I have a question that someone might hopefully help me with. Talents like Dragon Carrier B’s “Guard” and Legacy User B’s “Regalia of Protection” serve as abilities for taking damage meant for someone else, and they make perfect sense. What I don’t really understand is the difference between those talents and talents like God Hand B’s “Divine Dragon Defense” or Divine Talker B’s “Hymn of Protection”.

The fluff descriptions of those latter talents seem to imply they are only meant to work on [Area] attacks, but I don’t really see why that is the case from reading the mechanics. “Change the [Target] of the target's [Attack Action] to [1#], and the user takes the [Damage]” makes it sound like it would work against any attack. Am I missing something that makes them only work on [Area] attacks, or is it just the fluff being misleading?
>>
>>53091564
When you take your turn, you're granted two Timings: Prep, and Attack. In most other systems this would just be called a Move Action and an Attack Action. You have to spend your Prep before you make any Attacks, however you choose to spend it. This could be on nothing. This could be on a move action. It could be on a buff Talent, or whatever. Then you attack, and well, that's an attack. Then you're done.

Did you mean anything in specific?

>>53091885
I think you're right, it's perfectly fine to use those on any kind of attack. The reason why you wouldn't want to use them on non-Area attacks is because it's rather costly if all you're going to do is pull a single target to yourself. It can also only be used once per round, whereas Guard can be used over and over.
>>
Also, I'm going to bed, but before I go, I translated the Divine Soul extra talents.

https://pastebin.com/ZxvQdS6J Catch 'em there.

See you tomorrow!
>>
>>53092003
I'm mostly curious about the flow.
How are initiatives determined?
How is damage calculated?
Is there any way of acting while not on your turn?
>>
>>53088891
I can easily re-fluff Kamigakari to run a Persona campaign. Or Fate/Stay. Or Noragami. Even Boku no Pico. Good stuff.
>>
>>53092217
Almost everything is determined by rolling 2d6+mod. You can improve or decrease the result of a roll as you see fit by swapping out the roll's dice for your pre-rolled spirit dice.
>>
>>53091564
To add to this >>53092003 , there's talents that can be only used at the start of a round, which are [Timing: start]. These are talents like dragon carriers crystal install/transformation.

As well, timing unique's do not fall anywhere, and can be used whenever applicable. For example, you can stack timing unique talents as many times you wish onto an attack, under the stipulations that you can pay the cost, as well as not use the same one twice. Other than this, the sky is the limit. Another use is to stack as many unique "Use on damage reduction" effects as possible, to mitigate the largest amount of damage possible.
>>
>>53092040
Sweet, new talents are always good.
>>
is there some sort of advancement in this game?

how many options do players have for character creation?
>>
>>53096255
There are 20 levels to go through, in fact, with each level getting you another Talent, and the levels that are multiples of 5 giving you access to a special High Talent, which is way better than normal Talents.

There are lots and lots of character options! There are twelve Styles, and each Style is divided into two Types, so a total of 24 options. Plus 12 Races, which you'll pick one of. You can make a unique combination out of that, and each choice gives you a list of Talents to pick from when doing chargen or leveling up. Even if characters share a certain Style, like say Arc Slayer A, their second Style, their Race, and which of the styles is their Main, will make them play differently from each other.

Not to mention the wealth of item options.
>>
>>53096255
Yes, there's advancement. Each level you gain 1 talent and 2 points to put into stats. you can't put both points into the same stat.

At levels with a multiple of 5, you can get what are called high talents. These are generally more powerful talents. They can do effects like giving you extra attacks, new style's, learning an ultimate from a style besides your main one, and so on. You also gain a free racial talent at these levels as a bonus.

As for options, more than you could shake a stick at. There's at least 7 races, at least 12 style's, and each style has an A version and a B version, each of which have a separate focus. The items are pretty diverse, if you look into the expansions. Customizing them is also a task unto itself.
>>
Is there something like a combat example?
>>
>>53096484
i'm not sure what you mean by a combat example
>>
>>53096681
>>53096681
you know like an in play combat

Character A: i attack
Then player A rolls and bla bla
>>
>>53097081
so you want the average combat turn?

Well, that depends on if you melee or ranged. If you melee, you run in to start with. You'd choose to use a talent to increase your damage from your [Timing: Attack] talents. Once you do this, you would choose however many timing unique talents to stack with it that you can pay for without repeating the same one, and then make your roll.

So for example, Secrets of the destroyer with 99 Regalia to improve its range (in case you can't quite make it to melee range), and Spirit void to potentially increase your damage. Yin style as well if you want to increase your odds of hitting.

So that would math out to rolling 2d6+accuracy. Adding the difference in your accuracy and their evasion to your PD, and then multiplying the highest of your original two rolls and multiplying it by rank. You'd end up with Rank damage+Modified PD.

Then the enemy uses any talents they can at the time to mitigate as well as they can, and then it goes on to the next person.

Thats the average melee fighters turn. Its much more dynamic than i can put it though, because whether you can pay a cost define's what you can do in a turn.
>>
how narrative can the combat be?
>>
>>53098278
Extremely, if your DM wants to put in the effort.
>>
>>53099346
I'll say it in other way

I completely loathe combat systems similar to dnd4e, is this similar?
>>
>>53099459
I've never played DnD 4e, so i couldn't really tell you.

At some level, almost all systems will fall into a certain rhythm, so it depends heavily on what about 4e's combat you didn't like
>>
>>53099459
It's pretty similar, I'd say.
>>
>>53092040
And now Heroic Spirit is done!
>>
>>53100243
Sweet. One of the players in my group uses heroic spirit, so that'll be cool for him. Thanks for the work kamigakari anon!
>>
>>53100243
And with Marebito done that's a hat trick. Zzz.
>>
>>53085638
I have never seen a single game for the system and I truly doubt that I ever will.
>>
>>53101522
Whats stopping you from starting one?
>>
>>53102789
I don't want to..
>>
How does this system handle character resources, seeing that it's about attack boosting?

MP? Everything replenishes per day or after encounter?
>>
>>53103530
How it handles them is through use of your spirit pool.

How it works is that at the start of the session, you roll 4 dice. These dice are used to either alter rolls, or power talents. You can get more of these spirit dice through talents, And there is a special type called overflow that counts as anything from 1-6.

These dice are replenished at the start of every scene (out of combat) or at the start of each round (in combat). In either case, you only re-roll the dice you have outright used to power talents.

Altering rolls means replacing one of the 2d6 rolls with a higher or lower one from your spirit pool, essentially rotating them.

This leads to a dynamic where you won't always be able to use everything, but the few times you can use the majority of it will feel amazing.
>>
>>53103644
Altering the rolls is called "Influencing" and you may only influence up to the point that one of the original dice is left.

if you have 2d6 rolls, its 1. 3d6, you can influence 2.
>>
>>53103828
Holy hell that sounds pretty good.
Could you give me a ruñdown of the base talent trees? If that's not too much trouble.
>>
>>53103986
well... see that is a bit of trouble. If you just want the cliffnotes, thats not hard. But going over everything would be tedious, as there's way too many classes and races.

First and foremost are common talents and high talents. Common talents are generally weak, but provide methods for doing things, like dual wielding. High talents are much stronger, and are gained every 5 levels, along with a racial talent. High talents give things like extra attack timings, more spirit dice, and even extra style's. They also let you learn a style ultimate that isn't from your main style. Main style ultimates can be obtained at level 3. Racial talents are about equal with Style talents, and provide interesting options.

Cont.
>>
>>53104077
Now for the style's themselves.

Each style has a main focus, and then each style type (A/B) has a specific focus there in.

Arc slayers focus on weapons, like swords and such. Arc slayer A focus's on sheer damage, while B focus's on evasion and more utility based abilities.

Dragon carrier A is based around its transformations, and its skills there of. A is focused on offensive abilities, where-as B is based on Sheer defense.

Dark hunter is the ninja archetype. It focus's on speed and control of the battlefield. A is offensively focus'd, using various talents that move or mess with the enemies. B is focus'd on movement, and is the only style that allows ranged and magic actions when making a move action without penalties.

Elemental adept is exactly as it sounds. It focus' on elements to attack or support. A uses elements to enchant weapons or attack outright, hopefully hitting on a weakness. Elemental adept B uses an element to cover for weaknesses or help your allies in various ways.

Elder mage focus's on sheer magical damage. Its the arc slayer of magic damage. Elder mage A focus' on making a single magic attack into a nuke. Elder mage B is the first class that focus's on healing, and the only one in the main book.

Last is digital sorcerer. These guys focus on controlling spirit die, relegating them mostly to support. Type A specializes in magic attacks and hindering opponents, on top of controlling spirit die to help with nuking They. B is mostly support altering the abilities of teammates. A's automatic ability allows others treats the cost of a single talent as paid, where-as B's automatic talent Gives them one overflow dice, if the digital summoner can afford to use either of them.

Expansion content up next.
>>
>>53104216
Thanks for the major effort. Really sorry about this.

Oh yeah, if I may ask, can you take talents from other styles?
>>
>>53104216
In expansion one, there are three more style's. God hand, contractor, and divine talker.

God hand is exactly like it sounds. it specializes in unarmed combat. A focus's on hitting as hard as possible with your fists. A focus' on grapples and pins, as well as using improvised weapons. God hand B is the only style able to use "Improvised weapons".

Contractor is exactly as it sounds. you contract with something for its assistance. Contractor A allows you to summon a bound steed, and focus's on speed and movement. The steed can be anything from a horse to a motorcycle. B allows you to summon bound primals, which are essentially friendly versions of enemies.

Divine talker is the straight up support style. A focus' on helping others offense, where as B helps their defense. Of themselves, they can't do a whole lot.

>>53104239
To start with you can take 2 style's. One is a main style, and any others are sub style's so to speak. You can gain any talents from a style you have, assuming you meet the level requirements. You can only take ultimates from sub-style's if you get the high talent for it. You can get your main style's talent as you please at level 3. Talents with a dot require level 2, regardless of sub or main style. You can have up to 5 style's total, if you spend all your high talents on them.
>>
>>53104263
Lastly are the classes from the third expansion. Legion, legacy user, and time wizard.

Legion is a military equivalent. A is focused on straight up attacking, where B focus's on tactics and explosives.

Legacy user is a special class that allows you to use "Godforged regalia". These are special weapons or armors that can be used by this class alone, and get special effects there-of. A is focused on weapons, where-as B is focused on Armors. Its also one of the few ways to have a legit mech.

Time Wizard is what it sounds like. It focus's in altering time. Type A focus's on speeding yourself up, like kiritsugu in fate/zero. Type B focus's on slowing and even stopping time for enemies, like sakuya izayoi from touhou.

And thats all the style's, currently. There are extra talents for races in the fourth expansion, and extra talents for style's in the fifth.
>>
File: BsG1LuDCcAAHXbL.jpg (40KB, 599x848px) Image search: [Google]
BsG1LuDCcAAHXbL.jpg
40KB, 599x848px
>>53104318
And just because i haven't posted a pic in far too long, have a cyborg girl.
>>
>>53104337
Thanks. Sounds pretty interesting.

Are there any out of combat skills?
>>
>>53104685
Yes. there are stat checks and maneuver checks. Stat checks are just sheer checks. "i want to move this train" make a str check.

Other things, like climbing, diplomacy, and other more mundane things, are maneuvers. Anything that isn't attacking or moving normally is likely a maneuver. Climbing, swimming, tracking, disguising, negotiating, there's a whole host of maneuvers, each tied to a specific stat.
>>
>>53089983

These all sound like very awesome scenarios to get translated down the line, whenever you get the other books finished enough to give you the time. Really look forward to the GM section of Book 2 and the sweet new look and finished Book 1. I can't wait to get a printed out copy to enjoy along with the original J-release core book. The items from the newest book sound like solid additions even if the names melt your brain, save it in a jar so you can finish all the book translations in the future.

I'm jazzed for all the info on societies, GM sections, etc. before the scenarios or replays, but every thing you do on Kamigakari translation is bringing us forward into seeing a new enjoyable to enjoy across the world.

As to negative comments about not liking the rules or anime or whatever that pop up in these threads, I'm sure everyone can find a game they like without belittling those they don't.

Kamigakari has a fan base here, thanks first to Rikizo, but also to your diligent translation moving at such an impressive pace. Thanks so much.

56 Mononoke are impressive and will be welcome at every table, but all the tools from the other books are kickassery needed first!

I can't wait to start converting things from the Malleus Monstorum for Call of Cthulhu and my favorite anime characters either directly or as inspirations.
>>
>>53105249
Surprisingly, we've gotten admittedly little anime hate. We've also barely gotten any real rule hate.

Most of the people i've seen in threads have all just had a solid interest in the system
>>
File: C27WNZTUkAEZtRC.jpg (44KB, 850x735px) Image search: [Google]
C27WNZTUkAEZtRC.jpg
44KB, 850x735px
>>53085648
I'm trying to pin down the right "aesthetic" for what art I use for my upcoming Kamigakari game. I don't wanna go too scifi.
>>
>>53105526
well, cyborgs are a legit thing, so its not like you can go too far in the other direction either.

Its a balance. Still, good luck with your game anon. Tell us how it goes.
>>
>>53105249
Hey, thanks for the positive comments!

The negative comments are fine; everyone's entitled to their opinion. If someone doesn't like the game, that's valid. But so is liking the game, so I don't see any need to "defend" it, if that makes sense. I'm not getting frustrated or exasperated or anything! My enthusiasm for the game is quite strong still.
>>
>>53101028

Thank you! Marebito probably isn't one of the more popular races. But I happen to love it.
>>
>>53105766

Also seeing the game is getting fantasy attention in a scenario made me see how awesome Kamigakari could work for that genre along with the modern games. I suspected the same was true of Double Cross, but never got to read the fantasy replays for it,

I looked at the Grancrest translation and was a little let down by it not having the super flash moves, same with Sword World not changing much over the years for a more epic mode.

Anyone else thinking of taking the game in an epic fantasy, Exalted-but-better direction? I could groove on that idea for a while.
>>
>>53107168

Marebito are going to get some love for me. Its a decent and good trope for a race!
>>
>>53088417

I keep forgetting Kami does a wonderful job of keeping range manageable! If only more games would learn that lesson.
>>
>>53107275
Well, uh... I mean if you read the last page or so, it talks about other settings using that same ruleset, right?

Sacred Dragoon is Rikizou's other system that uses that set of rules. I haven't translated like anything from it except for the very very beginning schpiel thing.

You can read that here: https://pastebin.com/pwyXbenK

(It's high fantasy as heck.)
>>
>>53107326
That it does. Especially once you get dark hunter involved. Then the games range becomes almost completely unimportant.
>>
File: Dissidia_JudgeGabranth_EX.png (141KB, 488x448px) Image search: [Google]
Dissidia_JudgeGabranth_EX.png
141KB, 488x448px
This system seems REALLY up my alley.
Now I just need a GM.
>>
How do we gain extra spirit die?
It seems a lot of the abilities need 6 cost or more.
Is overflow die able to be used to cast abilities?

Also, how does timing work?
>>
>>53088561
Power to make infinite number of copies of myself?
>>
This game looks really interesting and I want to give it a whirl with some friends. It looks like it'd be easier for me to run a game on an actual table space but I want to give a crack at it on Roll20. I can't for the life of me figure out how I can get Kamigakari working on there, y'know to get a character sheet implemented. I guess I could just have all the sheets as PDF files but it'd be nice if I could get everything into one place.
>>
>>53107695
Timings are the term for actions in a round.

Timing start is the start of a round. this happens at the same time for everyone.
Timing prep is equivalent to a move action in most other systems.
Timing attack is when you attack using weapons or talents.
Timing end is the end of a round. This also happens at the same time for everyone.

The only one that doesn't fit a regular mold is timing unique, which is used whenever applicable, with no limits other than the cost to activate them, and that they cannot stack with themselves.

Yes, overflow is. Its almost specifically for it.

You can gain extra spirit die through high talents.

You are misunderstanding the ability costs. The costs range from 1-6 on the dice, but can encompass several dice. So if its cost 1, you need a dice with a 1 rolled. If its doubles, you need two of the same number. Steps you need to numbers sequentially, like 1-2. E is for even, O is for odd. The most expensive ones are in elder mage, and cost up to three dice on their own.

>>53107734
I already sort of answered this, but dark hunter has shadow double, which doesn't outright clone you. The only other method to gain clones like that would be working with your DM to rig up contractor B to make squishy clones of yourself, and thats heavily up to the DM to allow. Possible, but not terribly plausible.
>>
>>53107765
Thats actually what the google docs sheet up top is for. Aside from that, its actually really easy. You just need the map of the city, a blank white space for a combat grid, and pictures for all the various characters and monsters you are likely to fight.
>>
>>53107777
Ah I see, thanks.

If you don't mind, is there any limit to number of styles available to take? If there is, is there a way to up the limit?
>>
>>53107840
there are 12 style's with A and B type's, for a total of 24 distinct style's.

You start with 2 of them, and you can spend high talents to get more, if you so wish. Expanding to much may hurt your character though, as this takes away from other things you can get like extra spirit dice and more attack actions.
>>
File: ok.jpg (36KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
36KB, 600x338px
>>53107789
Oh yeah, that's just me being completely blind. Well I guess I should get cracking on putting something together.
>>
>>53107866
God Speed anon, and good luck.
>>
>>53107863
Two styles is a bit limiting, but eh.
>>
>>53107331
>https://pastebin.com/pwyXbenK

That sounds pretty great. I like urban fantasy and modern anime game play, but some people are only happy gaming if they can be clanging swords against dragons and getting trapped in dungeons. I like to see what Rikzou could accomplish with his rules and outrageous imagination in a fantasy-verse.

Hey KamigakariAnon,

Rikizou seems to be presenting some alternate rules for fusing in his Twitter post from May 1st called [Armed Melting]. Both Bing Translate and Google Translate kinda failed me for getting more than a basic gist of what he was talking about.

Is this a rule for players joining weapons or some sort of DBZ style fusion dance? I was lots, but it looked like a quicky little rules hack that people might find interesting for some character concepts.
>>
>>53108528
Not really. There is a lot of free room in just the two style's you pick.

Even then, every fifth level you get the chance to grab extra style's.

Frankly, you won't have the amount of talents needed to make full use of more than 2 style's. Extra style's are more for utility uses past your first sub-style.
>>
>>53108542
Frankly, thats sorta what sanctums can do. You can easily make one based on a D&D game. Dragons and orcs and whatnot.

These are alternative realities held together by gods and particularly powerful phenomenon. They can essentially be whatever you want.
>>
Hey, I got me some questions about the rules y'all.
When combat starts, everybody gets a [Timing:Start] action, right? How does that work with ambushes, suprise attacks etc?
Overflow is like a spirit die that has whatever value you want?
How do you get spirit dice back?
>>
>>53108983
Timing start is the start of a round. To deal with surprise attacks and what not, just treat the enemy as if it isn't on the initiative order for that turn.

Overflow is indeed a dice of any value.

You reroll exhausted spirit at the start of a scene out of combat, or at the start of a round in combat.
>>
>>53109009
Cool. Thanks mate
>>
What does this mean?
>While [Equipped], once per round, the [Target] of the user's [Physical Attacks] gets +2#.
>>
>>53109654
It means that so long as you are using that weapon, you can hit two additional targets per attack, i think.

What item is this, to be safe?
>>
>>53109684
Heavy Firearm.
>>
>>53109726
Okay. i was correct then. It means that once per round you can hit 2 additional targets.

So if you have 2 attack actions, it only works for one of them.
>>
>>53108542
It's actually the Arms Fusion rule from Requiem. If you open up that file on the pastebin and CTRL+F to XXXE, it's the first thing listed. Basically a way to transfer Additional Effects and material synthesis off to a new weapon.
>>
>>53111410

Thanks for the heads up! Every thing makes much more sense now. I should have known better than to try and use Twitter to translate itself.
>>
is it possible to play a classic fantasy adventure? like dnd?
>>
>>53112309
Like i said >>53108848, its not impossible. Sanctums are the types of things in anime that simply don't follow common sense. For example, mirror worlds, mysterious spaces that shouldn't exist, things like that.

As an example, you could actually have the characters be taken into a possessed DnD book or something. You'd need to jury rig a ton of monsters and other such things, but its certainly possible, and a neat idea.
>>
>>53112396
Bumb
>>
>>53108542
>Is this a rule for players joining weapons or some sort of DBZ style fusion dance? I was lots, but it looked like a quicky little rules hack that people might find interesting for some character concepts.

On that note. It does strike me as a bit odd that the game doesn't seem to have any way to represent fusions. It's not *that* common in anime, but it does seem like one of the tropes the game would cover.
>>
>>53115027
Where is the gattai, system?
WHERE?!
>>
>>53116241
Its in the first or third expansion, if memory serves
>>
>>53091002
>Covers, bonds, your crest, and a fair few other things leave social stuff and character customization pretty open to you.
Covers are just a set of roll bonuses and items.
Bonds are only a modifier to Appearance Checks and an XP source.
Crests have no out-of-combat significance whatsoever.

These are little more than prompts for the out-of-combat stuff that is basically freeform and almost completely divorced from combat.

>For the spirit pool, its more dynamic than you would think. Especially because you can use [Timing: unique] Talents at any time they are viable, provided you can pay the cost.
Well, no. That's just "pay resource for ability", except the resource is random rather than reliably available. It's not the resource I'm worried about, it's the lack of interesting abilities.

>So this means stacking tons of stuff
...which are pretty much all linear bonuses or penalties to damage.
>weird effects
Such as?
>and many other things.
Such as?

>No two so far fill exactly the same niche, to my knowledge.
That's because there is only one niche of note: Spirit Pool manipulation, and that is the domain of the Digital Sorcerer. The rest is just damage going up and down.

My concern is that there is no direct or inferred mechanical importance to anything outside of combat and distortions (themselves static ability checks) and that there is only one goal to combat (Boss HP = 0) with only one strategy (achieve maximum DPR).

Compare to Tokyo Nova, where the setting and the mechanics allow for alternate victory conditions (and scenario structures) and enemies can be taken out in three different interconnected but separately progressing ways (physical, mental, social), one of which is almost exclusively available to character not participating in a scene.
>>
>>53118012
>Compare to Tokyo Nova,

Hopefully this doesn't distract too much from the focus of the thread. But I'd really love to see a more complete translation of Tokyo Nova happen eventually.

That and/or some alternative dice mechanics. Cards are a bit of a hard sell for new players, I've found.
>>
>>53118235
Hand management and card suits are integral to the system. Ripping them out can't possibly end well.
>>
>>53118338

That's true. But it makes online play a pain. And I still don't know how to fully represent a deck IRL without removing crits and critfails. If it was just a basic deck of cards it'd be fine, but the special cards muck things up a bit.
>>
>>53118358
It is just a basic deck of cards.
>>
>>53118358
Roll20 has a cards system implemented. I used that to play online. Even made a custom Tarot deck!
>>
>>53118389

I'm almost 100% certain that it require some special crit/critfail cards. But it's been a while since I looked at the rules.

>>53118484

Oh. Interesting. I hadn't noticed that.
>>
I had to share this with you folks. I was reading Sacred Dragoon because of the earlier discussion, and in its only expansion book, Ultimate Dragoon, it introduces a number of new Styles. One of them is the Alchemist class, and its Type A has this for its auto Talent.

Arms Alchemize
Timing : Start
Range : User
Target : User
Cost : [1]
Unique Effect. For each time the [Cost] is paid in excess (up to a maximum of 3), the user may create one [Cost: 600G] or less [Melee Weapon] (cannot be unsellable), and can store or [Equip] them for the rest of the combat. The [Melee Weapons] created with Arms Alchemize are lost upon the end of combat. This Talent may be used without spending [Timing: Start].

The rest of Alchemist A's Talents revolve around fusing items together to make them more powerful, manipulating their stats, and also has at least one attack that is pretty powerful, but shatters the weapon used. There's also Talents that raise the price limit on the weapons you can create.

And before you think Sacred Dragoon is totally similar to Kamigakari, it actually isn't. SD doesn't actually have the Artificial Regalia items like you're used to (I think that's actually introduced in the replay, weirdly). Instead you have more normalish stat stick weapons, making them a bit more disposable.

What's interesting to me is that there's a Style mentioned in the Chronos book called True Creator. I wonder if Rikizou might be planning on farming Alchemist for that class? Hmm...

(and if you're curious, Type B is the 'chemist' equivalent, where you can alchemize consumables)
>>
>>53118012
>cover are just a set of roll bonus's and items

And a story for your character to use when not in combat.

>bonds are only a modifier to appearance checks and an XP source

And they are made each session anew by, catch this, interacting with people.

>Crests have no out of combat significance whatsoever

That isn't true at all. You got your crest from a source, and that can play a role in your backstory.

>weird effects and other stuff
Dark hunter can move the enemy against its will. Many style's can apply debuffs and buffs of one sort or another. Elemental adept can pick at weaknesses or give you strengths to elements. God hand B can inflict Shift:Pain on things it grapples.

Spirit pool manipulation is actually the least used thing in the game. There are methods for the player themselves to alter their spirit pool, either by using and hoping for a better roll or wasting a turn changing it to what they need. Arc slayer even has a talent to trade.

You are right that the end goal is to beat the big bad as efficiently as possible, but if you don't even care about the process involved, why even play? There are times you will fight other god hunters and less than destructive bosses, and you can try to incapacitate them rather than outright kill them, though.
>>
>>53118641
Man that sounds cool. i want that.

If it came to kamigakari, it'd be the second class capable of using "Improvised weapons" so to speak.
>>
>>53119360
Also good for emulating your Mami Tomoes and Emiya Shirous.
>>
>>53118235
Which part of the translation is incomplete?

>>53118565
There are special cards (the tarot cards, plus a couple others called 'Axess Cards') but you don't mix them into the main card deck and can play without them. They're more for fun so you can feel like Kaiba pulling out his trap card or something.
>>
>>53119609

There's some rules regarding the Ayakashi that weren't translated. Which seems like a big deal considering how big of a part of the setting they are. And i'd have to go back, but i recall there being a TL note mentioning that some of the GM stuff didn't get translated. I'd have to wait a few hours to be able to double-check that, though.
>>
>>53119592
Thats also pretty true.
>>
Has anyone ever made a step by step character creation guide with examples?
>>
>>53121669
No, but if that's something that's desired I suppose I could make it.

In the meantime, can I help you figure anything out?
>>
Kamigakari Anon, would it be alright with you if I put your translations up on my mega, to keep a mirror of the files available?
>>
>>53123291
I think they're already on the JTRPG mega anyway, so sure, go ahead.
>>
>>53123328
Thank you, I remember wanting to put it up since the first thread, along with the excellent description of the system you gave then, but figured I would rather ask you about it with all the hard work you've put into translating
>>
>>53119230
>And a story for your character to use when not in combat.
>And they are made each session anew by, catch this, interacting with people.
>That isn't true at all. You got your crest from a source, and that can play a role in your backstory.
Yes, just like I said, nothing more than prompts for the out-of-combat freeform phase where the system does not support the players making any sort of mechanically interesting or relevant decisions.

>Many style's can apply debuffs and buffs of one sort or another. Elemental adept can pick at weaknesses or give you strengths to elements.
All just linear bonuses or penalties to damage.

>Dark hunter can move the enemy against its will.
>God hand B can inflict Shift:Pain on things it grapples.
Okay, that's action denial, but since there are no actions to take other than increase, decrease or apply damage, that's not very interesting.

>Spirit pool manipulation is actually the least used thing in the game.
Which is a crying shame, because it's the one thing about this system that had the potential to be interesting. But instead it's just used to fuel mechanically uninteresting abilities.

>but if you don't even care about the process involved, why even play
That is my question exactly. If the process is a completely uninteresting linear way from full HP to zero HP, why even play?
I care about the process if the process is interestingly designed (again, compare Tokyo Nova, or even D&D 4e), but I just don't see it here.

>There are times you will fight other god hunters and less than destructive bosses, and you can try to incapacitate them rather than outright kill them, though.
Which is mechanically different from reducing their HP to a certain amount, how?
>>
>>53122800

I think it would be cool for some of the folks here to make characters and post a short replay after the books are done as a reward to Kamikagari Anon for all the hard work
>>
>>53124011
That'd be awesome! I'd love to hear experiences.
>>
>>53123922
The out of combat phase does have maneuvers you can use, and stat checks you can make. There are mechanically relevant systems. Its not my fault if you didn't even bother looking for them.

As for how mechanically different incapacitation is, it differs because it forces you to use shifts. Fallen, darkness, pain, paralysis and immobile would all be good ways to start a "Negotiation" phase of a fight. While the maneuvers mentioned earlier are for use out of combat, there isn't anything saying they can't be used in combat for an appropriate purpose, such as negotiating with an enemy.

Frankly, I'd much prefer a balanced beatstick game, than an unbalanced game with "Options" that make 90% of everything else obsolete by comparison. for example, 3.pf. Yeah, there's tons of interesting options, but a wizard has the capability of trivializing everything, so why even play? Its a delicate balance to strike.
>>
>>53124011
Well, as the guy starting most of these threads, when they get really quiet I make example characters using popular characters from various media forms, like fighting games and anime.

I've also detailed my kamen rider's experiences at least one.

If other people wanna make characters and share experiences, i'd be more than happy to help facilitate that.
>>
>>53124776
>The out of combat phase does have maneuvers you can use, and stat checks you can make.
Erase memories, i.e. remove out-of-combat consequences and Distortions, i.e. damage modifiers for the next fight.
Did I miss something?

>Fallen, darkness, pain, paralysis and immobile would all be good ways to start a "Negotiation" phase of a fight.
Except you can't really make those stick without Downing the opponent as well.

>While the maneuvers mentioned earlier are for use out of combat, there isn't anything saying they can't be used in combat for an appropriate purpose, such as negotiating with an enemy.
Yes, there is. Memory erasure effects specifically state that they cannot be used in combat and Distortions happen outside of combat.

>I'd much prefer a balanced beatstick game, than an unbalanced game with "Options" that make 90% of everything else obsolete by comparison. for example, 3.pf.
Good thing nobody was talking about 3.PF. I was talking about 4e, Tokyo Nova, Ryuutama, Meikyuu Kingdom, Legend, etc. Games that achieve balance without removing variety.
>>
>>53124861
Erasing memories is a handwaving thing, not a maneuver.

Maneuvers include climbing, swimming, fortitude, assessing, tracking, unlocking, concealment, acrobatics, disguise, lore, appraise, identify, etiquette, negotiation, command, charm, spot, sense, eavesdrop, and intuition.

You didn't even bother looking up the specific term i was using.
>>
>>53124998
Another note, erasing memories only works on those that are 100% powerless. It doesn't work on you, any god hunter, and any aramitama or mononoke.
>>
>>53122800
>No, but if that's something that's desired I suppose I could make it.
Please.
I'll try making a character today anyways, but it looks kind of confusing.
>>
>>53126070
If you'll gimme a minute, i'll give a brief overview of the process.
>>
File: BRTxp3GCcAA_MI-.jpg (563KB, 303x429px) Image search: [Google]
BRTxp3GCcAA_MI-.jpg
563KB, 303x429px
>>53126070
The character creation steps in the book itself are somewhat backwards.

The general order should be something like this.

>Figure out World influence level (which is just level in regular terms)
>Decide on a theme. Melee, magic, ranged, whatever. This will help guide you through talents and such
>Pick race, stat type(martial, utility, or magic), and two style's
One of these will be your main style and give stats as well. It would be smart to choose a race and stat type that mesh well with your chosen style, but its not required.
>Spend talents. You have 2 racial talents and two other talents to use. You gain the first ability in each style free
>Determine money. This will be 5000+1500 for each level above 1
>Buy items. Focus on items that are required for your talents to work, and then weapons and armor
On character creation, you may choose one enhancement with a diamond on its name and apply it to your weapon for free. This is a one time thing. regardless of how many weapons you grab, You only get 1.
>Choose a hunters set. This will give you a free set of items
>Choose cover. This determines your background, and gives you various items for out of combat use.
>roll on charts for bonds, crests, and the like
>if you are above World influence level 1, level up as you would normally from here.
You get 1 talent and two stat points to put into the main stats. They cannot overlap. you can put one point in strength and agility, but not two points in strength.
>if you are level 5, you may choose a high talent, and get a racial talent as well for free

And thats the general flow character creation should have. You need to start with the base before you get to the specifics. These are just broad steps to ease you through the process. If you need help with anything more specific, i'll be glad to help.
>>
>>53126295
Thanks, I'll get to it.

I'll try to build a guy who stops things. Projectiles, falls, strikes, etc. Cancellation of momentum. What would you recommend me?
>>
>>53127654
Thats both broad and specific simultaneously, but i guess it amounts to you wanting to guard others, right?

If thats the case, dragon carrier B and maybe god hand B. You'll want a race with a good martial strength stat as well. Dragon carrier B can dash in the way of attack made against others, and stopping enemies in their tracks is done through the engagement system.
>>
>>53126295
As a small addendum to the stat portion, here's the formula's for derived statistics, which are based off of your main stats.

{Sub Stat} = How to calculate from {Main Stat}
{PD} = {Strength} ÷ 2 (round up)
{MD} = {Intellect} ÷ 2 (round up)
{Initiative} = {Agility} + 5
{HP} = {Strength} + {Will} + (World Influence LV x 3)

These will be the base number for your derived stats, before modifiers.
>>
>>53126295
>>53127654
Ah, I was asleep, but someone else got to it already. Cool, thanks. If there's any other questions, let me know. (Hopefully I won't be asleep...)
>>
>>53129672
Bump for relevance
>>
>>53130229
Yeah, ive made a few characters, so i figured i could give the cliffnotes for it. Glad i could help
>>
So, Forever GM here. One of my players got the entire party to start screeching about running a Persona game. I know the series pretty well I'd like to think, but that's not the point. When I got fed up with their mewling and questioned what system would handle such a thing well enough, he handed me the PDF for this. As I look at this and question what has become of my life, can anyone give me advice?
>>
>>53135678
I'm not really sure Kamigakari would handle "a Persona game" very well. It could handle someone doing something akin to a Persona character pretty well, but you'd have to do some serious refluffing to get it to work as a straight-up Persona themed game, which makes it feel not really worth the effort? As also a mostly GM (not forever any more, weirdly), I would not personally pick Kami as the system for a tabletop Persona game. Maybe uh. I dunno. Anima Prime?

But someone else might feel differently. Can anyone help Forever GM Anon out?
>>
>>53135678
If you intend to do this, everyone will need contractor A or B as their main style.

You would need to woek with them on fluffing up personas for them, but since most shadows are demons and gods of some sort, kamigakaris aramitama do somewhat fit the bill.

You would need to impose special restrictions on contractor B though. That much free action economy is dangerous
>>
>>53118641
Does Kamigakari already have something like this?
>>
>>53136645
Continuing on this, i would alter contractor like this.

It doesn't say it in the expansion, i don't think, but contractor B can only summon one primal per combat. I would get rid of this, and reduce the summon cost to 1 crest for regular talents, 2 for marked talents, and 3 for ultimates, rather than to summon the persona/primal itself. Obviously only for on-use talents.

But i'd make it so they only last one round in combat before disappearing.

As a special restriction, if they go below 0 crest and manage to enter the crest burn phase, instead of having them become permanently crippled, make them lose their contractor abilities and have to fight their shadows.

There's some other minor fluff's that would need done, but i think this would work to simulate the feel of a persona campaign. Also, i'm sorry forever GM anon, i'm probably the reason they think this is so possible with the system. My bad.
>>
>>53136849
If one of em plans to play the support role, like rise, fuuka, or futaba, have them take digital sorcerer B.
>>
>>53136844
It does not, but I'm hoping he mines the idea for the True Creator style... should such a thing ever happen, anyway.
>>
>>53136849

Thanks for the replies gang. Continuing through the book, I think I can make this work. It'll require a lot of bullshit, but i'm a GM. Bullshit is what I do. Thanks for the assistance. I'll have to pick this stuff apart and see where it leads me. If nothing pans out, the system itself is pretty sweet by itself.
>>
>>53137571
Hopefully it works, but even just a baseline game is pretty fun with all the hi-power hi jinks you can get into.
>>
>>53137571
Another thing you could do, using sanctum rules, is have a sanctum that acts like Tartaros or Mementos. A large, multi-tiered dungeon with lots of baddies, and treasure. If the party surpasses the "Limit" of the area, instead of having the regular effects, have a reaper show up, and have the party deal with it accordingly, whether by avoiding it outright or fighting it if they are feeling confident.
>>
>>53118641

Sacred Dragoon still sounds cool for a future project for the happy days after you finish up this game, KamigakariAnon.

True Creator sounds interesting as hell!

Rikizou makes the coolest game material!
>>
>>53138272
I do want to translate it, and it's only two books big. Three if you count the replay. Plus I know most of the terms and such already, as the systems are fully compatible.
>>
>>53138284

Great news! It would be cool seeing these rules within the fantasy genre as well. Is the updated translation and clean up of Book 1 coming along or is that on hold for the new game data?

I want to get the original book ordered and the translated copy bound up, but I'm holding up on that second part until you get the Kami Core Book done. Cash poor at the moment, just wanted to know when I needed to save money up in the next month or so.

You've given me lots to read until then!
>>
>>53139326
My current plan is to translate the extra Talents for Elder Mage and Digital Sorcerer once I have time.

Once that's done, I'll finish off the translation of the GM sections of Requiem and start converting it into a PDF.

And then after ~that~ I'm probably going to take a break from translating Kami for a bit to translate something else. I don't know what yet, there's a lot I want to do!

I'm not sure about what to do with the main PDF. I don't think I have time to do a full retranslation, as much as I'd like to, so I'll probably just focus on fixing the errors. A new layout might be in the works, at least.

I also want to put out a PDF for "just" player options incorporating everything I've translated so far. PDFs are nicer for browsing, and not having to juggle several windows would be nice.

A chargen guide might be helpful too.
>>
>>53139437
There's already sort of a guide in the main book for chargen. Its worded a bit weirdly here and there, but overall its perfectly passable.

That said, i might be able to draw up a rough draft of one, since i've gone through the general process a couple times. I can't say i can get it done immediately, but sometime before next week i could have a general chargen guide set up, if you wanna put it in the pastebins.
>>
Hmm, trying to think about a gunslinger that can usually get into a fight and dodge his way through most of it.

Can't think of classes, though.
>>
>>53141486
Dark hunter, straight up. its basically built for that kinda thing.

Normally, you can't move and use ranged or magic in the same turn, but dark hunter has talents to ignore that restriction, and other talents to ignore engagements.

Its exactly what you are looking for.
>>
>>53107626
Roll20?
>>
>>53141525
Alright, that looks nice. Hope there's a class that gun or range-focused abilities.

Also, I should read up on character generation, too.
>>
>>53141694
Legion may be worth looking into for guns and such. Its a military type style.

As for char gen
>>53126295
>>53129672
Those two posts should take you through the majority of it. One thing i forgot to mention is that once you've chosen all your races and stats and such, you can add one point to any one stat at level 1.
>>
>>53124861
You can stop posting anytime now, Sora.
>>
>>53142919
I dunno who sora is, but he stopped posting a while back. Literally hours ago.
>>
>>53139437

After Requiem if you could translate at least some of the stuff about Demon Societies, it would be helpful and greatly appreciated. You mentioned the named specific Sword section from the newest book would be pain, but any of the other items or mononoke you think are interesting and quicker to translate might also be sweet.

The high powered stuff out of player's reach would be less useful, but many others? Little stuff like the Bat Umbrella from other books are so flavorful and I know GM and players would appreciate the uniqueness.
A guide on gut feelings and mechanics for making new stuff for the game would be a good addition to the guides you mentioned and it would round things out.

Maybe Anons can come up with a repository, pastebin, sourceforge or something where people can work together posting characters, antagonists and items we make to show you the books are being read, absorbed and used

Other than Sacred Dragoon, what titles are you considering for translations?
>>
File: B4akTMKCQAEBl5V.jpg (629KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
B4akTMKCQAEBl5V.jpg
629KB, 600x753px
Bumpin with art
>>
>>53146440
Do you mean the Demon Hunter Society stuff?

The problem is, is that I want to translate everything, but lack time. And when I do nothing but Kamigakari, I fear running the risk of burning out on it. While it might delay things from getting to you folks sooner, I'd rather that it all does get to you, some day, rather than you only getting some of it quick then never again, y'know?
>>
File: CmfXPUyVMAAETiP.jpg (58KB, 486x680px) Image search: [Google]
CmfXPUyVMAAETiP.jpg
58KB, 486x680px
>>53146440
As for what I'll do, there are many projects I'd love to do. But the one I'd probably focus on would be Avandner: The Black Sword, an indie game (pic related).

From what I could tell flipping through it, it's a game where the Earth has turned into an ashen wasteland due to the presence of some new source of energy which is also highly toxic to fleshy humans (they literally turn into ceramic), but since the energy source is amazing, a civil war is fought over using proxies, namely robots in the form of girls, because of course they are. You build your robot girl from a mixture of parts (chest, arms, legs, one or two weapons, options, accessories) and each part has weight. The heavier you are, the slower you move, and in that system there's no evasion checks. Everyone just gets to move when an attack goes off, and the faster you move, the harder you are to hit (hence being slower = more hittable).

It's a short game, its book roughly the size of Requiem, so I should be able to get through it pretty quickly, hence why I picked it over other things.
>>
>>53148471

That seems pretty similar to Nechronica, actually. Not that I consider that to be a bad thing.
>>
>>53149727
It does indeed have that feel!
>>
File: Cq8jI0BVMAAEMDl.jpg (177KB, 886x886px) Image search: [Google]
Cq8jI0BVMAAEMDl.jpg
177KB, 886x886px
>>53148471
Just the picture alone is super interesting on that one.

Seems like a really simple system too. Good for one shots. Maybe. You make it sound simple at least.
>>
>>53150536
Yeah, it's pretty simple! But hopefully has a bit of complexity to it. Either way it seems cool and at 90 pages it won't be too big a deal to translate.
>>
>>53150650
Then again, maybe i'm just biased towards the little girl on the cover. Thats entirely possible too.
>>
Elder Mage extra talents, done!

https://pastebin.com/9w1wdgMc

Some cool ones. I like Elder Mage B.
>>
>>53153811
Sweeet. If i ever get around to making that super tank, those will most certainly help.
>>
Bumpin
>>
File: RIP guard.jpg (172KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
RIP guard.jpg
172KB, 600x450px
Made a test gunslinger. I don't know what I'm doing, so take this with a grain of salt.

https://pastebin.com/k3ceDnVS

I wish I had a shotgun...but maybe I should take a shotgun and blade considering the skills. Wonder if anyone will get the reference and what I'm aiming for...
>>
>>53141659
Yes, do you know any?
>>
>>53157572
Looks good to me. Keep in mind two things. One, you cant dual wield without the ambidexterity common talent. Second, guns can only be dual wielded with guns, and only one handed guns.
>>
>>53159317
I forgot to mention, there is a working character sheet at the top. Just make a copy of it and fill it out.
>>
>>53158795
I doubt there are a great deal of games on roll20 as of yet. This is a very new system, and i'm not sure how many DM's are actually ready to host a game of it.

For those that wanna try though, i'd suggest using the premades in the first book. They aren't a bad way to go.
>>
>>53159317
Yeah, wasn't intending to have them both used at the same time...

And I totally forgot about >>53159338.
>>
Anyone planning to run Kamigakari online? Having ran Doublecross I want to try more JTTRPG, especially as a player.
>>
>>53157572
※Shotgun
Restrict : None
Mode : Switch Hand
ACC : None
PD : (4) / (5)
INIT : -4 / -3
Cost : 1,300G
[Range: 5 Sq. / Target: 1#]. A shotgun modified for anti-Awakened combat, based on a Mossberg or SPAS. While [Equipped], once per round, change [Range / Target] to [3 Sq. / Area].

It's from a Replay.
>>
>>53163699
Oh, thanks. I'm guessing the stats show one-handed first and then two-handed?
>>
>>53163728
Correct!
>>
>>53163699
>>53163728
>>53163734
wait wait wait. If i'm reading this right, the initial range/target is 5 squares away, and only one target right?

Then the modified range from the ability is 3 Squares away and area?

Isn't that backwards as hell? thats not how spread do
>>
>>53163815
I don't make the rules, I just translate 'em! Also, wouldn't a slug travel further than a spread, or am I thinking wrong?
>>
>>53163863
I suppose if its the difference between a slug and buckshot, that'd make some sense. If its not using different ammo though, the shotty has some splainin to do.
>>
>>53163925
And I suppose the effect is something a player could choose to do for the situation, like loading either slug or shot.
>>
>>53148471

Sounds great that it will be quick to translate. I'd be leery about running it for certain players, though I'll read it since its a quick one book game and cute Battletech/Gundam Build isn't a totally bonkers idea. Several good anime seem to be in the same genre.

Can the Abilities/Types be added easily into other games after a reskin? I was thinking something like a annelid user or weird biotech or undead character would be good in a game that didn't have them and then I could use the rules and stuff for something else reegardless of if I'd run the actual game for players. Thinking out of the box is always a good GM skill with any game and I know I will never get to run every game I have for every player.

I'm glad this is a one book game and quicker for you to translate. Less easy to get burned out with sameness.Plus, I'm a sucker for indie games made with less company resources, especially the ones we might not ever see translated officially.

I've been wondering the Role & Role page and if you had any details you could share about a few games (I'm probably butchering names like Heian Fantasy Night Stories. Is Role & Roll releasing games that are less samey than FEAR?

I'd love to see some more Double Cross stuff translated down the road, but I guess we got pretty much all of the powers and all that remained was mostly replays.

Are there a lot more of these under-the-radar indie games like Avandner that we aren't hearing about that self-contained and are well worth the effort?

I always pictured their comic cons having booths with indie doujinshi style rpgs and Call of Cthulhu replays that non-Japanese speaking gamers would never be able to see. Thanks for maybe bringing one of those to the gaming tables!
>>
>>53153811

Elder Mage extra talents are making them look as fun to play as a deck full of MTG combos with <<Ultimate Rite>> and <<Discerning Player>> has the feel of JPRG FF7 Phoenix Down combos. Bunch of nice ways to slow down the Tanks using the Type A!
>>
>>53165731
Sweeet. Extra talents are always good.
>>
File: garo-movie-divine-flame-6870.jpg (19KB, 190x276px) Image search: [Google]
garo-movie-divine-flame-6870.jpg
19KB, 190x276px
>>53085638

Anyone know the various anime versions of Garo well enough to guess at character stat differences. Bonus points if someone has watched the tokusatsu original version.

Item choices?
>>
>>53171769

Arc Slayer A/Dragon Carrier B feels like a good representation of their sword-skill and armored transformations. And from what I've seen of the series it seems like most of the Makai knights use the equivalent of one-handed or hand and a half sword regalia.
>>
>>53171994

I figured that would be better than a bump. I hate to see this thread keep disappearing.
>>
File: CYwqYb2UAAEC_S4.jpg (679KB, 544x876px) Image search: [Google]
CYwqYb2UAAEC_S4.jpg
679KB, 544x876px
>>53172775
Dude, if you have something to ask, thats fine. If you wanna know how something would work in kamigakari, i've been trying to get people to ask that kinda shit the entire time.

The only reason i was bumping was because i was on mobile without a lot of time.

I actually enjoy the challenge of making weird and unique characters in this system.
>>
>>53172798
Replay image. Solid.
>>
File: Ranger.jpg (109KB, 918x633px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger.jpg
109KB, 918x633px
>>53157572
Anon here, question. If I was gonna total up every stat on this, all the modifiers add to the base stats, right?

Also, was trying to make >pic related. So I guess along with Legion A / Dark Hunter B, I'd take a dip with Arc Slayer A.

I wonder how a Legion B / Dragon Carrier B would be...
>>
So, no one is running Kamigakari?
>>
>>53172897
I just grabbed everything i could find from his twitter. It is pretty good art though.

>>53172938
Legion B/dragon carrier B? thats an interesting thought. That'd be very..... Halo? i guess something like that.

>>53173046
At the very least, no one is running it online. I know at least a couple people are running games for their personal group of friends, though.
>>
>>53173252
>At the very least, no one is running it online.
Shame...
>>
>>53173297
Damned shame.
>>
>>53173297
Give it a bit. Its a brand new system, and people may wanna get used to it first before hopping into the deep end with complete strangers.
>>
>>53173252
I laughed at the dude with the futuristic chainsaw.
>>
>>53173337
How new is it, actually?
>>
File: Cq8id4YUMAEkj7_.jpg (65KB, 886x886px) Image search: [Google]
Cq8id4YUMAEkj7_.jpg
65KB, 886x886px
>>53173347
You mean this dude?
>>
>>53173406
Yep.
>>
>>53173387
Well, kamigakari anon posted the initial translation at the end of january, but it fell off the radar for about 3 months.

So in all, about a month old cumulatively. In the west anyways
>>
>>53173406
>>53173415
That dude's one of the sample characters from Chaos Myth.
>>
>>53173439
You gotta admit the tiny chainsaw is a bit funny to look at comparative to a lot of the stuff in this game, though.
>>
>>53173431
Hell, that's new. Not a surprise then.
Not to mention that it's going to turn people away for being too weeaboo, which is why I'm having slight trouble selling it to my current group.

A group who calls Pathfinder too weeaboo.
>>
>>53173469
To be fair, pathfinder has a reputation for being the bad kinda weeaboo.

Its all about big tittie kitsune waifu's and the like. Very magical realmy. Which is totally possible here, sure.

That said, ask them to at least give it a shot. In the moment, the weeaboo shit doesn't really matter, as you are still epicly wrecking shit. Or getting your shit wrecked. Either or.

If they don't like it after a quick one shot, then oh well. If they do, then great. All you can really ask is that they give it a fair shot.
>>
>>53173567
Still have to wait for the DM turn to cycle back to me.

We take turns to DM so we can be better players... or at least according to the theory.
>>
>>53173567
*Pathfinder* is about big titty kitsune waifu, what?

I haven't been paying attention, clearly.
>>
>>53173624
The game itself ain't necessarily about magical realm, but /pfg/ is pretty much made up of people trying to make games in the most perverted manner possible.
>>
>>53173624
Pathfinder threads give it a really really specific reputation, and you won't find a lot of people trying to dispute it.

Its basically DnD, but its attracted all the worst kind of players. I've browsed some of the threads and its pretty bad.

>>53173617
Being a DM is a good mental exercise, if nothing else. It gives you a better idea of tactics and such that many players won't even attempt to grasp.
>>
>>53173652
>>53173662
Ahh, I see.
>>
>>53173674
I've never felt worse DM-ing for a whole team of DSP Initiators.

It felt like they were actively trying to fuck over my generally lower difficulty DM-ing style.
>>
Just saw this while scrolling through /tg/. Whats it about?
>>
>>53173758
modern fantasy animu fightan
>>
>>53173758
Its basically anime as fuck the system. Think of it like a japanese variant to mutants and masterminds.

You are a god hunter, in the city of hisashiro in the base book anyways . Your job as a god hunter is to deal with whatever life shattering supernatural occurrences happen at any one time.

Demons, enraged gods, other god hunters, whatever. Its your problem, and you need to fix it.

the game is very good for refluffing and making almost anything you can think of. There's a few specific instances of things that aren't possible, as of yet, but these are extremely rare and far between.
>>
>>53173719
>DSP

Unless you mean the guy thats shit at vidya, i dunno what this means
>>
>>53173874
DSP is a Pathfinder Third Party publisher.
They're started off porting the book of Weeaboo Fighting Magicks but have branched out to make even more weeaboo classes.

All of them are as unbalanced as hell in the Pathfinder system because they run on completely different rules.
>>
>>53174107
Sounds like usual third party stuff, yeah.

I'm sure the R&R magazine stuff is probably of a similar bent, for Kami.
>>
>>53174107
So its a standalone revision to a standalone revision of an original game.

I can only imagine that going terribly.

That said, if they are targeting your "lower difficulty GM style", then the answer is simple. Ramp up the difficulty.

>>53174152
The issue is that pathfinder itself is a horrendously broken "Fix" to an already horrendously broken version of dnd, rife with trap options and riddled with issue's.

And then add another broken splat on top, and thats what you are looking at.
>>
I'll just lurk here until someone is recruiting for a roll20 kamigakari game.
>>
>>53174686
Feel free. the more people the better.
>>
>>53174755
That being said, I do plan on trying to host a Kamigakari game, but since I'm in SEA I can't really adhere to the timezones of most of /tg/.
>>
>>53175544
You'd be surprised what timezones most of /tg/ has. Set up a game, pick a time that works for you, and if people wanna play badly enough they'll make time.
>>
>>53175696
Also I dont have that much confidence to DM for a bunch of strangers.
>>
>>53176115

Gotta learn how to do it some time.
>>
>>53176115
It's all practice. Plus since this is relatively new, a lot of people are all in the same boat as you.
>>
>>53176115
Like the others said, now is as good a time as any. In the worst case, you come to the thread for help, and we do what we can

No ones life is on the line, no one can get hurt from this in any lasting way. Just take the plunge. Either it works, or it doesnt and you try again once you are more confident.
>>
>>53176799
>>53176841
>>53176897
Good points.
How about this.
I'm be done with my DM cycle in around 2-3 weeks.

Once I'm done I'll try recruiting some dudes for a Kamigakari campaign from this thread, whether if it's based on the replays or an original campaign.
>>
>>53177232
Well, if you arent sure about dming, i'd start with the premades and work from there.

If nothing else, i'd give em a good looking over to get a feel for things.

That said, god speed and good luck anon.
>>
File: BRzUAo0CUAA19Hr.jpg (25KB, 355x429px) Image search: [Google]
BRzUAo0CUAA19Hr.jpg
25KB, 355x429px
Have an old man
>>
So how often does /tg/ translate foreign RPG's? Could've sworn there was another Japanese RPG people did here once.
>>
>>53182315
/tg/? not often, to my knowledge.

This one was translated by kamigakari anon alone, so far as i'm aware.
>>
>>53182465
Yup, solo project! Inasfar as the translation anyway.
>>
>>53183052
Well, I think you're doing a great job.
>>
>>53183369
Thanks!
>>
>>53183442

Yeah, I'm probably going to try this out because of you, thanks man.
>>
>>53183759
Hope you enjoy!
>>
>>53159317

I think that only applies to dual wielding range weapons, so you can use Gun and Gun, but not Gun and Boomerang, but carrying Gun and Knife, or Gun and Magic Wand should be okay. Of course it's a sort of wonky thing, since the only one handed ranged weapons seem to be guns, and the different classes of weapons part of the ambidexterity rules says you can use ranged + melee or ranged + magic, which if you couldn't with guns wouldn't be allowed either.

Personally, since gun and melee is such a common thing, I'd use the ambidexterity mixed type rule to take precedence, especially since you give up the pistol's range to use it with your sword, and you get no bonuses for it other than being able to target multiple things(which you can do a lot easier than taking a talent and spending 2k gold on a gun).

Unless there is a one hand ranged weapon without a * in one of the replays, I'd say that's just one of the odd wording glitches coming from translation, like many of the other errataed things.
>>
>>53183837

Reading over it now. Or trying to, anyway. Keep getting distracted between paragraphs. Reminds me a lot of Exalted so far, but given Exalted has been balls deep in anime tropes since inception, thats not surprising. I hope you continue these threads, though.
>>
Question, but is there anything missing from the core other than the art? Fiction bits or anything?
>>
File: BSMoLC9CMAAJd_U.jpg (570KB, 309x425px) Image search: [Google]
BSMoLC9CMAAJd_U.jpg
570KB, 309x425px
>>53184649
Unfortunately, i'm pretty sure on what i read. If its a mistranslation, fine, but the text in the book is pretty clear.

First, only guns have the ※ Symbol in ranged. Second, the book explicitly says in the arms system explanation
>Also, even if a PC has acquired «Ambidexterity», they may not simultaneously [Equip] a [Ranged Weapon] that has a ※ in their name, with one that does not.

Its pretty clear.

>>53187872
So far as i'm aware the core PDF is 100% translated. The only thing that would be missing would be pictures, and its even got some of those.
>>
>>53187872
Not a single thing is missing, as far as I'm aware!
>>
>>53190353
Hm, if that's the case, time to pack a shotgun and pistol for the character I had up on the pastebin a couple of posts ago.

Also, cute wind master.

>tfw trying to both understand the character creation in Kamigakari more while trying to make a not-Nu Gundam in Mekton Zeta
>>
>>53190353

True, it has that, but the arms system also has this(pg. 150 of the pdf).

>It is possible to simultaneously equip weapons of different classes, for example [Melee Weapon]+ [Ranged Weapon], [Ranged Weapon] + [Magical Weapon], or [Magical Weapon] + [Melee Weapon]. If this happens, then modifiers other than [INIT] and those that come from [Additional Effects] do not stack, and one weapon to be used must be selected for each [Attack Action].

So, since I know of zero one handed ranged weapons that aren't *, it would seem to me that

>Also, even if a PC has acquired «Ambidexterity», they may not simultaneously [Equip] a [Ranged Weapon] that has a ※ in their name, with one that does not.

should read more like...

>Also, even if a PC has acquired «Ambidexterity», they may not simultaneously [Equip] a [Ranged Weapon] that has a ※ in their name, with a [Ranged Weapon] that does not.

Sadly the Ambidexterity using sample character uses two pistols, so not exactly an example that helps, but why include that you can use a Ranged and other type, if you can't use any one-handed ranged weapon since they are all *.
>>
>>53190539
On this issue, let me check the FAQ and the original Japanese. I can't do it right away because I'm engaged in something, but I'll look into it and get back to you folks.
>>
>>53190456
Yeah. The character creation isn't as daunting as it seems at first, but it does involve a lot of reading.

Also, you can't dual wield a switch hand weapon. Has to be 1 handed or nothing.

>>53190539
It probably SHOULD say that, but there's the chance it doesn't. As written its effectively a DM call, and i err on the side of caution for those, which is why i'm assuming you cannot.

>>53190609
Greatly appreciated kamigakari anon. Greatly appreciated.
>>
File: Kamigakari.pdf (7MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Kamigakari.pdf
7MB, 1x1px
>>53190771
Totally. I usually don't upload it because most people don't need it, but when asked i have the PDF ready to go any time.
>>
>>53190751
I know I can't dual-wield them, it's more of a backup weapon then one used in tandem.
>>
>>53190751
>>53190539
Ding ding, it does in fact say what you think it should.

また、《両手利き》を取得しても※表記のある[射撃武器]と※表記のない[射撃武器]を同時に[装備]できません。

※表記のある[射撃武器]means "a ranged weapon that does have a ※" and then the next part where ある is switched with ない is "a ranged weapon that does not have a ※".

So you can equip pistols with swords, it's fine. I'll make sure to note this for 2.0
>>
>>53191225
>So you can equip pistols with swords, it's fine. I'll make sure to note this for 2.0

Oh, you're going to revise the translation or something?
>>
>>53191430
He's intended to do something along those lines for a while. The original version is a bit wonky in places, and is poorly translated in others, like in this case or with the elemental blast/burst issue.

>>53191225
Well thats neat. Another one for the errata i suppose. My friends gonna be happy about that though.
>>
>>53191225
A quick scan of the FAQ since I was doing that anyway:

- Q: If you have the same type of weapon equipped, you stack their modifiers, but what about when you equip a ranged weapon with a melee weapon that has an additional effect that allows it to be thrown?
- A: They do not stack, as they are different types.

- Q: If you have a Short Spear and a Hand Axe equipped, what kind of Range do you get?
- A: As the Hand Axe has the shorter range, use it.

- If you have both a Hand Axe and a Short Spear equipped, does only the weapon that has [Automatic Return] on it let you re-equip after throwing, or does that only apply to the weapon it's on?
- A: Only the one it's equipped on.

- Q: When you have two one-handed weapons equipped with Ambidexterity, if you have the same Additional Effect on both weapons, do they stack?
- A: Yes. For example, if you have two guns equipped and they both have Range Expansion, they they both apply, giving you +4 Sq.

- Q: When making an attack with ambidexterity, for [Range] we're supposed to use the shortest weapon. Does that also apply when using weapons of a different class, like say melee weapon and magical weapon? For example, if equipped with a Range: Engaged melee weapon and a Range: 6 Sq. magical weapon when using a [Effect Class: Magical Attack] Talent, if you use the magical weapon, does it still use Range: Engaged?
- A: No. When equipped with two different types of weapon, you use them separately, so their ranges don't apply together.
>>
>>53191430
Just mostly fix the errata in and patch up some bad wording here and there, yeah.

I make mistakes even in English, as seen with >>53191495 !
>>
File: echotime.gif (90KB, 787x787px) Image search: [Google]
echotime.gif
90KB, 787x787px
>>53191225
Oh, nice.

Hmm, brother and I were having a little discussion about classes while talking about Rainbow Six Siege...

I now wonder how a Digital Sorcerer B / Time Wizard B would work...
>>
>>53191552
It would be sakuya izayoi.
>>
>>53191225

Good to know I was reading it right, it's just one of those situations like 90% of 40K FAQs, ambiguous wording messes stuff up.
>>53191495

Last one there is actually pretty important, since Ambidexterity says use the shorter range and makes no distinction on type. Good to know if I make a Arc Slayer A/ Elder Mage B Paladin I can still use magic attacks at range should I choose to.
>>
Damn, why do threads on /tg/ always move so fast? Don't wanna lose this.
>>
>>53193111
what? fast? /tg/ is a slow ass board comparatively to some.

Its not like this is /v/ or something where shit moves at the speed of light.

On average it takes around 2-3 hours for a page from the front to hit page 10, maybe longer at night where things are even slower.
>>
>>53193198

Guess I'm too used to /toy/ then, where threads can last days without getting pruned.
>>
So has anybody run an actual campaign with people with this system? just curious how it runs
>>
>>53194674
I haven't run the campaign, but thats because a friend of mine sniped being the DM for it out from under me.

From a player perspective though, its a really smooth system overall. Things can advance at a really high clip if your players do things properly.

Since every roll is essentially the same for a while 2d6+mod there is very little for even the dumbest player to get confused on. Once its written down properly on the sheet, it just needs plugged in. Thus, there's very little time spent on "How do i roll this?" and more on "How am i gonna do this?"
>>
Fuwah. Okay, Digital Sorcerer's extra talents are completed! Check 'em out here.

https://pastebin.com/9w1wdgMc

Next step is to start working on Requiem's GM stuff.
>>
>>53196535
Damn dude. You are working at a hell of a pace.

Its greatly appreciated though.
>>
>>53196552
I'd actually consider this a "slow" pace really, but it's quite sustainable. I remember when I was rushing to do the Mononoke for the main PDF, I hurt my neck hunched over the stupid book!
>>
>>53196668
Well shit. Fair enough then.

Don't hurt yourself, man. Its appreciated, but we can wait.
>>
Is there any real benefit to getting ambidextrous?
Two weapon attacks in this game seem weaker than active talents after all.
>>
>>53197083
Also, what exactly does
>Also, when using ..., the target treats one portion of the [Cost] as already paid.
Does that mean 1 die requirement talents just become free?
>>
>>53197083
The lure to it is that if you have weapons with the same enhancement, those enhancements stack. On top of this, the PD for your weapons also stacks, to my knowledge.

Also, unless i'm not mistaken, you can stack talents and weapon attacks. You don't necessarily need to use an attack action to improve your damage. Your weapon has its own unique "attack talent" that you can use as well, so keeping that in mind is also smart.

>>53197166
That is correct. You treat one of the die cost as already having been fulfilled. It can be either die at your convenience, as well.
>>
>>53196552

Requiem GM stuff included more on scenario creation and random tables, right? I'm looking forward to that and any other GM info from boo as I'll likely have to GM to get friends and contacts to play. I really like d66 tables for some reason. Requiem was the book that had the random scenario creation tools, too, right?

Did Requiem just have the one Mononoke? I'm always interested in unique Antagonists in games and I've been looking closely at Summoners, in the off chase I do ever get to play instead of run,

I'm also looking forward to Items from books because things that at first seem little, like that shotgun you listed from R&R, can be game changers and its always good random stuff to have players to use and human antagonists to come across.

The new Time Wizard info was interesting. They seem excellent at countering tough opponents and controlling movement in the area around them to amazing effect. Crowd control and area effect are a great combination.

Summoners seem interesting because I watched and read a lot about the Shin Megami series lately and I just watched Force & Will recently.

Rikizou seems to have a great grasp on the actual action scenes of anime!
>>
>>53197869
It also included some stuff that counters contractor B, which has been a major issue for one particularly lazy anon, but otherwise, i believe you are right on most of it.

As for whether it had just the one mononoke, i doubt it. I think KA just wanted there to be something for the GM to use from each book.
>>
>>53198254

Time Wizards are like a mega-powered version of Jackie Chan, non-Jesus Neo and Marvel's Domino, Black Cat and early Scarlet Witch all in one powerset!
>>
>>53200216
I mean... thats interesting, but has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
>>
>>53200350

Sorry to tangent.
>>
>>53201043
Nah, its cool.

Time wizard A is what would be like kiritsugu from Fate/zero.

Comparatively, time wizard B is closer to Dio brando and Sakuya izayoi.
>>
>>53197869
It does have some advice for scenario creation but mostly just in how to adapt Heroic Spirits and Divine Souls into a game. That's just one page, though. Then there's the remaining info regarding Sanctums (how to set the Limit, some advice on putting one in your game, etc), plus a few pages of sample Events.

Then a page of boss talents, then the usual seven Mononoke per Class, then two scenarios, one full, one just a Sanctum.

The reason why there's a Mononoke in the Requiem data is because I translated it for my home game to use (it was actually a test combat and I just wanted something different).
>>
>>53201185

Wait, where are time wizards? I'm not even done reading the core yet.
>>
>>53201973
Well, its not in core, so you aren't crazy. Huzzah!

Its in the first expnasion.
>>
>>53202061
>>53201973
Time Wizard is in the third expansion, actually! True Regalia of Chronos.

There's a few new styles/races in the first three expansions on the pastebin, plus a whole slew of items. Give 'em a look! Plus, extra talents for each race and style in the fourth and fifth expansions respectively.
>>
>>53202155

Are the expak's going to be collected in a more book-ey format like the core?
>>
>>53202199
Yup. At the moment their GM sections are unfinished, which is why they are not in a PDF. But I'm going to go back and finish those starting from now, then I'll put them in PDFs.
>>
>>53202155
shit, your right. My bad.
>>
>>53202324

Ah, cool. Just looking at some of the Time Mage stuff right now, why do so many things say "can use once per round (or scene)"? Which is it? Because wouldn't the difference be really huge between the two?
>>
>>53202358
It's a little weird, because that phrasing came in after Requiem. It wasn't in the main book.

What it means, though, is "once per round in combat, or once per scene out of combat."

I might as well add to the "reading a talent" section to clarify that, so thanks for pointing it out!
>>
>>53202324

Cool!

I wasn't sure if you were going to finish up the GM sections in all the books or if you were just doing the core book and Requiem. The more GM info, the merrier!

I'm kinda impressed with the way you have been translating because you got all the player data out first so we could make characters and read it over before going into all the GM sections.

Are you saying the included replays for last or leaving any of them out? The ones in Altered Space-Time with the different time periods were very interesting sounding, especially "Two Saint Georges" and "The Great Demon War".

I hope the Mononoke from Space-Time won't melt your brain, but I'd like to see them some day if you are willing and able. Fifty-six of them are quite a lot to expect.
>>
>>53204850
There's 56 Mononoke in most books. Since they tend to give 7 to each class of Mononoke, and there's 8 classes.

Replays are like, reading a transcript of someone else playing the game. There is actually one of those in the Chaos Mythos book (the sixth one). Scenarios or Episodes are like the two at the end of the PDF, with Jirou the dog and Wilbur the tree. They're pre-written adventure modules for GMs who don't have time or a lot of experience to use.

I intend to translate the scenarios in Requiem, though, yup!

I doubt the MONONOKE of Altered Space-Time will be tough. The swords, though... the kanji already haunts me...
>>
>>53204999
My brain meant to say scenario and I typed replay. It's been a long day and I've been up for over 48 hours. Not wording words so well, today (smile)
>>
>>53205533
No worries! I was just making sure. I mean, there's replays to translate too! (I'll probably translate at least the Chaos Myth one.)
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.