[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the time you completely lost your patience on the table /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1493594442834.jpg (21KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
1493594442834.jpg
21KB, 229x343px
When was the time you completely lost your patience on the table /tg/?
>>
File: Roman 1.png (360KB, 817x1628px) Image search: [Google]
Roman 1.png
360KB, 817x1628px
>>53085418
Not actually me.
>>
File: Roman 2.png (613KB, 695x2930px) Image search: [Google]
Roman 2.png
613KB, 695x2930px
>>53085468
>>
>>53085418
That GM, hijacked game night to intro his new campaign, but he confessed to running out of ideas 20 minutes in, wouldn't listen to player suggestions and defaulted to fetch questing us out of the city (of his urban campaign) in most cliche-driven, macguffiny, no-story-line "adventure" and actively punished us for doing anything but hack-n-slash in the overpowered fights.
By the time we reached the destination I was fed up, and when he described poorly played music coming from a human inn up ahead, I said as aside to a fellow player it was probably elvish.
That GM is an elffriend, so he immediately informed me it was a halfling bard. I immediately sensed an opportunity for fun for the first time in three hours.
When we got inside I gave the halfling bard all my coins as a tip, with the proviso he use hem for non-elven music lessons, 'cause elves can't shred mandolin.
The GM demanded to look at my sheet, noting my good alighnment, and handed it back, unsatisfied.
I was immediately accosted by armed guards and told to rescind my opinion of elven music. I refused and unresisting was punched in the gut while a guard held me still, and the other removed their helmet to reveal they were an elf all along, and told me to take back what I said.
I demanded the elf pick up the mandolin, and prove me wrong, only to be punched again.
The GM told me he'd have to tear up my character sheet if I didn't so I handed it over rather than give in.
At this point he read the room and realized he'd fucked up, and declared the game over and he was going home.
I felt bad, but that was the most fun I had all session.
>>
>>53085418
When nobody showed up
>>
>>53085418

Only time I ever lost my temper at the table was when two of my players got into a petty argument in-game that somehow managed to make it into real life. I told them to sort their shit out, and the game wouldn't progress until they did (not that it would have, with how much they were bickering).
>>
>>53085418
When I was playtesting a system that I was making, one dude wouldn't shut the hell up about how imbalanced the game was.

And this wasn't like "hey anon, I feel as though this game's balance is shite because X, Y, and Z," no, that would've been useful for the purposes of playtesting the system. Instead, he went on a rant about how everything's too easy so I made the enemy they were fighting at the time zero in on him specifically.

In my defense, I realized I fucked up and tried to scale shit back while giving him a dozen turns to unfuck the situation but due to shit rolls and player incompetence, his character ended up dead. It was actually the first time I killed a PC in my life.
>>
>>53089843
>dozen turns
should be a dozen rolls.
>>
File: 15588119724.gif (65KB, 301x279px) Image search: [Google]
15588119724.gif
65KB, 301x279px
>>53085418
>GMing Dark Heresy
>every player is a noob and they want to be taught
>run a bog-standard game about heresy and shit
>they go in with D&D mentality
>their investigation consists of killing everything and never asking questions
>at one point they try to enter an explosives storage
>while I was just done describing how it is currently going off
>bitch and moan at me for being "unfair" once two of them get gored from the explosion
>one guy is the biggest rules-lawyery faggot I've ever seen
>always stopping the game whenever he spots a rule he can exploit and refusing to budge until I cave in
>at one point he rolls psychic phenomena and gravity gets fucked
>decide that for the next 5 rounds they'll be fighting in the ceiling because it seemed cool
>he protests about it because "in the chart it just says gravity is reversed"
>completely lose my shit
>game stops for 10 minutes until we're done yelling at each other
>have them float in the air for five rounds trading shots with the enemies
>describe them as "autistic babies swimming in a pool, playing laser tag"
>wrap the game mid-fight and never run another DH game ever again
>>
>>53086007
ahaha how the fuck does someone get that attached to a fictional race that most people hate to some degree or another that they feel compulsion to defend their mandolin skills.
>>
Playing against someone in a Chaos draft, we had Dragons, Shadows, and one or two other sets. One of the people had made a UR Spell slinger deck with two Thing in the Ice, a shit ton of cheap red removal, and a bunch of Blue control. Incredibly frustrating set of games. The first game I flooded hard, The one game I did win was by the skin of my teeth, and the last game had me with two lands and what seemed like every three-drop in my deck filling my hand. When he won that last game (and the match) he celebrated like it was a close game and a top-deck saved the day, didn't even give me a "Hey man, sucks when you can't play anything." Or anythinzz
>>
>>53085418
last night one my friends whipped his dick out FUCKING AGAIN. We ended up wrestling a bit until we stabbed each other
>>
>>53091711

Odd that it posted.

Anyways I was so angry I picked up both copies of Thing in the Ice and tossed them in the arm, then walked out of the building to cool down.

Luckily everything worked out in the end.
>>
>>53091720
>Meanwhile at Shit-That-Did-Not-Happen Land
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.