/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My GM has rejected my character and said I should revise him.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 8nDT4Y.jpg (349KB, 1600x1124px) Image search: [Google]
8nDT4Y.jpg
349KB, 1600x1124px
My GM has rejected my character and said I should revise him. The character is too edgy and reminds too strongly of the 90. The problem is that I think the character is fine and do not know how I could improve him. It is a superhero campaign by the way.

tl;dr version
>Was a German soldier in World War 1.
>Angry about the end of the war.
>Has eagerly supported the following nazi-regime.
>Always turned a blind eye to war crimes.
>Changed his mind after his disabled son was killed.
>Joined the local resistance
>Is captured.
>Human subject research
>Gave him super-powers.
>Breaks free.
>Wants to atone for his actions.

There are still a few minor things, but they are not important.
>>
>>53084222
it's literally fine.
>>
>>53084222

What the GM says goes. Sometimes it sucks, but especially when it comes to character submissions, you can't expect a GM to run for a character they don't think they can deal with.

While I think that somewhat makes sense, you are delving into some pretty dark themes with that background, which might be beyond the scope of what the GM wants to deal with.

What's the premise of the game?
>>
>>53084222
See if making him a woman changes anything or like, a medic. Or I dunno, a baker who got shipped off by accident.

Maybe they guy is just being a cock. Hell he probably is
>>
>>53084222
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it...?
Tell your GM that he's a fag

Before that, ask him what part he doesn't like, then tell him that he's not a fag, but a stupid dumbass faggot.
>>
File: Stroheim_jojoeoh.jpg (48KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Stroheim_jojoeoh.jpg
48KB, 480x480px
>>53084222
Does he support the use of Superior German Science? Also is this set in WW2 then? how is your character not fine?
>>
>>53084222

Just make token revisions. Tone down a few superficial things here and there without killing the central theme. Pull the "I vas only folloving ordars" trope and make it so that inside he felt bad about the war crimes all along. He was a German nationalist but felt uneasy about the Nazi power grab, but convinced himself it was for the best. Change the disabled child to the Jewish midwife who'd delivered his son.

>>53084414

t. a doormat.
>>
>>53084587

Fuck yourself. Making characters appropriate to the premise is important.

Again, it all depends what the GMs plans for the game were. All we really know is 'WWII superheroes'. OP's character seems more appropriate for a gritty, darker take on it, but pulp WWII superheroes is also a very popular thing, where the above background would be completely inappropriate and out of tone with the rest of the game.

OP needs to define the context before more meaningful answers can be given.
>>
>>53084414
>>53084568
>>53084655
He said it will play in World War II with stronger supernatural influence. He did not say what tone it will have.
>>
Just turn him into a guy from an old Prussian noble bloodline. He went in the Wehrmacht to family, country and honour.

Instead he was forced to act as cannonfodder for a bunch of megalomanical genocidal maniacs pretending to be soldiers. After the 12th time getting arrested by MPs for beating an SSer into the hospital, he was recruited into a secret Wehrmacht cell plotting the destruction of the Nazi party and SS, and a capitulation to the Allies to unite against Stalin.
However, they were discovered and everyone was executed.

Except him. His heritage made him a perfect test subject for some evil weird science nazi project.
>>
ITT: People who know literally nothing about WW2
>>
If you're going for the Nazis killed his son because he was disabled you got a flaw.
The disabled were only killed if they had to be supported by the state.
Charities and people who supported their disabled children were able to keep disabled children.
>>
The nazis killed disabled People?
>>
>>53087316
Wasn't just jews, it was disabled people, gypsies, all sorts of 'undesireables'
>>
>>53087316

Yes.
>>
File: check my trips, pol.jpg (519KB, 937x1177px) Image search: [Google]
check my trips, pol.jpg
519KB, 937x1177px
>>53085220
>If you're going for the Nazis killed his son because he was disabled you got a flaw.
>The disabled were only killed if they had to be supported by the state.
>Charities and people who supported their disabled children were able to keep disabled children.

Yeah, this is my only problem with OP's character.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.