[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your dudes thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 71

File: IMG_1813.jpg (372KB, 900x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1813.jpg
372KB, 900x854px
Share with us your dudes, it can be from 40k, Age of Sigmar, infinity, Warmahordes, etc
>>
[+++SUBJECT: THE AKRABAM DEMISE+++]
Planet name: Akrabam
Designation: Agri-world
Hives: [_1_] (many smaller population centers are scattered around the planet)
Population: 142 million
Climate: Temperate
Planetary governor: Benedict Winfred [deceased]
Current planet status: Rebellion against the Imperium in progress [possible chaos taint]
Solution: Exterminatus, Y/N? [N] Exterminatus fleets needed elsewhere.
Adeptus Astartes, Y/N? [N] Nearby Adeptus Astartes forces occupied.
Battlefleet Vallis, Y/N? [Y], will arrive in system in 30 - 400 days. Delay, unacceptable!

The planet:
The agriworld Akrabam is a relative moderate planet in the Supplex sub sector. The grain that the is the main product of the planet require many hours of work to grow. It's hard work for the farmers to harvest the grain as they are very fragile.

The capital on Akrabam, 'Krasta' is the only "real" city only because it is home to a few million people, while many other cities around the planet only houses at most several thousand people at most. This has led to the majority of Akrabam's PDF forces to be stationed in the capital, leaving the countryside completely undefended.

The threat that threatened Akrabam didn't came from the void. It came from within, after the governor declared a rise of the tithe by 25%.

During the "pacification" of the capital many smaller regions and towns banded together in order to fight back the oppressive rule of the governor.
At first the militia members were unorganized and undisciplined. But that was only until the son of a local imperial guard veteran rose up and united the militia. This man was Bartow West, he had the knowledge and skills possible to form a force that stood a fighting chance. All was well until they reached the capital, there they were aided by a coven of unsanctioned psykers. With their help Bartow and his forces could take the capitol and kill the governor
>>
>>53074221
My fluff for my renegades and heretics
>>
File: Growling Gyrinx.png (47KB, 725x941px) Image search: [Google]
Growling Gyrinx.png
47KB, 725x941px
The Gyrinx Ghosts are a Twenty Third Founding Space Marine chapter speculated to derive from the Dark Angels.
They reside upon a World in the northern part of Ultima Segmentum, a world with an abnormally large population of Gyrinx.
Their first Chapter Master formed a bond with one of these creatures, discovering the Gyrinx's ability to enhance their owners psychic abilities, and eventually, a large portion of the chapter had a companionship with one of these creatures.
Over time, many Gyrinx within the chapter began to grow larger and more intimidating, due to the metabolic change that occurs within the creature that makes it resemble it's owner. it's not uncommon now to see some Marines fighting side-by-side with their Gyrinx companions on the battlefield, the felines having strengthened so that they too may fight the enemies of the Astartes.

All of this is still very much a WIP, I just really wanted to do something with the Gyrinx from the moment I saw the one on Yvraine's model, and I'm not really a fan of the Eldar. Biggest problem for me is finding some good stand-in models for the Gyrinx themselves, as I'm not gonna buy a billion Yvraines. (though I might get one, just so my Chapter Master can have the official Gyrinx model)
>>
>>53074099
>tfw I'm painting that very banner.
>>
File: 2015-05-31_00010.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-31_00010.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
I have a lot of dudes because I home brewed up a sector rebellion but these are the main ones.

CHAPTER NAME: .............. THE EBON VANGUARD
FOUNDING: ..................24th[M.38]
CHAPTER WORLD: .............CANDRIA
FORTRESS MONASTERY: ........SERAPH'S HALL
GENE-SEED (PREDECESSOR): ...RAVEN GUARD
KNOWN DESCENDANTS: .........NONE
"With Fire and Sword!"

Knights in space. Chivalry, honor, violently oppressing peasants. Huge hardon for chainswords and jump packs. Tons of older marks of armor that no one really knows how they got. Have a habit of knicking shiny things, especially from renegade marines. Bird fetish. Come from a feudal world where they are worshiped as angels of a sort. They don't participate in politics, just deal with recruiting new marines.

Formed due to the Adeptus Mechanicus turning out an excess of chainswords.

I also like to personally mod video games.

>>53074221
Sounds like the black ships might pay a visit.
>>53074956
Just get you some marines riding giant battlesabers into combat.
>>
Chapter: Emperor's Scourges
Homeworld: Crusade Fleet
Geneseed Origins: White Scars
Colours: Grey/white/blood red
Overall Mission: Spread fear and terror to force worlds into imperial compliance

Anyways the overall theme was what if Attila the Hun was a space marine. Naturally White Scar descendants, with a preference for going fast, striking without mercy but lacking the politeness and curt nicety of the White Scars.

They were formed in response to the discovery of a large sector of space in the Segmentum Pacificum that had been cut off from the greater galaxy for a long while. Some worlds had known the Imperium from 30k but others had never even been visited during the Great Crusade. The Chapter was formed to be the vanguard of a greater push to reclaim this sector and were sent on a mission to spread fear, be nomadic and weaken resistance.

However, soon after the chapter went on their crusade, warp storms closed off the most viable routes into the sector so the higher ups decided to spend their forces elsewheres. But told the Scourges to continue their mission until such time as reinforcements arrive.

So they've been battling rouge human warlords, orks and dark eldar mostly alone. A section of worlds have been brought to heel in fear and terror of the Scourges so there is an imperial controlled area to support but they still remain largely isolated and reliant on less than advanced tech.

Any way I can flesh em out a bit more?
>>
File: 1493864553633.png (250KB, 716x716px) Image search: [Google]
1493864553633.png
250KB, 716x716px
>tfw my army has 5 pages of fluff
>tfw its fluff its adjusted to go well with my roomate's armies (renegade tau pirates who spam firewarrriors because they cant steal many suits, chaos space marines who are not really chaotic but worship a lovecraftian deity who eats chaos)
>tfw when im bored i just sit down and write down noteworthy characters or battles

how far i am down the autism spectrum?
>>
>>53075642

I dunno Anon...

Lets see it
>>
>>53075642

That's not autism, that's having a good time with your friends and enjoying narrative play. If I had friends I consistently played against rather than random people I met up with at the local shop I'd work them into the fluff for my guys too. Hell I have actually now that I think about it, since I fluffed my guys as being on a crusade against necrons and I have made it my mission to defeat my shops necron players.
>>
File: 1371245690146.jpg (383KB, 939x1815px) Image search: [Google]
1371245690146.jpg
383KB, 939x1815px
>>
File: 1394078264183.jpg (239KB, 1024x654px) Image search: [Google]
1394078264183.jpg
239KB, 1024x654px
>>
The daemon prince Visavorax was once an artillerist and Warpsmith of the Black Legion. Over the course of countless campaigns, he came to believe that the Blood God was speaking to him through the roar of his heavy cannons. Eventually pledging his soul to Khorne, Visavorax came to favor a merciless creeping artillery bombardment followed by a rapid airborne or mechanized assault to bath in the blood of the shattered enemy. It was while leading a tank wedge into a devastated regiment of Imperial Guard that he earned his ascension. Now the undisputed master of the Blood God's Roar warband of Daemonkin, he continues to favor the tactics he used in his mortal existence. Massed batteries of Skull Cannons, Forgefiends, Basilisks, and countless other daemonic artillery pieces unleash a devastating and calculated bombardment on the foe. When he judges the time to be right, Visavorax unleashes his heavy Bloodcrushers as shock cavalry on the strongest defenders remaining, Flesh Hounds sweeping the flanks of the wounded and broken. Frequently he prefers to hold back himself until the final assault, savoring the pounding of his guns. His warband contains unusually few Berzerkers, as he finds it difficult to prevent them from charging into the midst of his own artillery bombardment.
>>
File: WanderingBrother.jpg (46KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
WanderingBrother.jpg
46KB, 400x500px
Wandering Brotherhood
Fleet Based
Origin: Raven Guard/Dark Angels (Debated, though Raven Guard is accepted within the Chapter)
Battlecry: "That others may live!"
Founding: 13th
Close ally: Navigator House Belletain
They share their beliefs most closely with the Lamenters, however, acting altruistically and closely with more typical humans. Their SOP is to work closely with Imperial Guard units, acting in support of them or as the army's assault or recon element; they rarely deploy on their own. Typical super soldier operator shit. Additionally, they work hand-in-hand with a Navigator house, occasionally treating their members like full blown chapter members. The Brotherhood maintains a small garrison in the Navigator quarter on Terra.
The Brotherhood suffers a mutation with their sus-an membrane that, while not necessarily undoing the Hypno indoctrination Marine's receive, makes them highly susceptible to feelings of empathy or malaise. These feelings make them both highly contemplative and has them seeking out company among their brothers and the humans they serve with. This has made them highly communal, with squads and even companies becoming attached to Guard units and requesting to serve with them for the remainder of their deployment.
This ability to become so quickly attached has lead to each Company training it's own scout units, usually putting a company at 120-some-odd Marines. 1st Company keeps a compliment of the best scouts, though those scouts won't be integrated into the 1st Company but instead be rolled into the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th companies with honors.
Because of the Brotherhood's strained relationship with the Ecclesiarchy and the Imperial Cult as a whole, they tend to run light on Chaplains, instead, they've adopted their Navigators as their spiritual leaders. Because of Belletain's Enatic-Cognatic inheritance structure, the Elder Navigator's who fall into these roles are referred to as "Mother Matron".
>>
The Shitfuckers

they kill krauts and their sandnigger buttbuddies as well as xenos (aka krauts in denial)
>>
File: 20170414_233218.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170414_233218.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I took the Guardians of the Covenant and focused on building it's 3rd Company. Since not a lot of lore is known of them (only some notes) I could adapt them to my edgy preferences.

Chapter name: Guardians of the Covenant
Founding: Unknown
Chapter world: Mortikah VII
Fortress monastery: The Spire
Predecessor: Dark Angels

"We watch over the Void."

Weirdo Unforgiven, so they are weird amongst weird. Based on what little lore they have, they aren't complete dicks to regular civilians of the Imperium. They value knowledge above all and refuse dogmatic indoctrination, making them be at odds with the Ecclesiarchy. On the other hand, they don't usually partake on the fanatical hunts of Fallen the other Unforgiven are commited to, so even amongst their brethen they are seen as an odd bunch. They are bros with the Angels of Redemption tho, since they are the most laid back and reasonable Unforgiven. Intellectual studies is encouraged and a regular practice in the chapter, and their Company Masters and Librarians are usually prominent thinkers and philosophers. They don't favor Chaplains, since they aren't really keen on divinizing the Emperor, ironically following his original desires of not being deified.

Since they are mostly outcasts in both the Chapter system and the Unforgiven alike, they usually partake on campaigns isolated on the borders of their sector and the Segmentum Pacificus, even going beyond Imperium's borders to face unknown xeno threats.

They keep record of all races they have fought and even investigate data and technology they find on alien races.

Their battle style is mostly mechanized infantry on drop pods and rhinos, with artillery support. 3rd Company Master Grigori goes to battle accompanied by a small squad of command veterans equipped with both archaic and exotic weaponry, known as "The Watchers."
They have the support of a Freeblade Imperial Knight, known as "The Void Walker".
>>
>>53074099
I run a 30k army using imperial cults. They all have +6 armor, +6 FNP, Zealot, and Rending in close combat.

They are a xenos force touched by chaos on some backwater world. They are lead by a couple possessed psykers and thats about it. They are murderous heretical chattel and I can field them 10:1 against power armor.

Ive modeled them by putting skaven plague monk heads and mutant arms on orks, and backing them up with a couple gnarly looking tanks. I refer to them affectionately as the Rat Men Of The Computer Planet, and I love them.

Until 8e drops, 30k is where all the 40k fun ran off to.
>>
>>53076389
Meant Angels of Absolution instead of Redemption, they get mixed up sometimes.

In my defense I have to say that the bits that makes them pretty snowflakey aren't mine and are taken from official sources.
>>
File: IMG_20160401_192745882.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160401_192745882.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>53076430
GAZE UPON THEM!
>>
File: IMG_20160401_142314476.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160401_142314476.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>>53076441
MY RAT MEN OF THE COMPUTER PLANET

I should note that these
>>
>>53076441
>>53076446
These are just my original test models, so if they look a little off its because they're held together with GS
>>
>>53076441
>>53076446
Cool models Anon. I guess those would also make for some cool mutant rabble units for Renegades and Heretics
>>
>>53076579
Is renegades and heretics 40k? I havnt even been paying attention to new releases.
>>
>>53076603
Yes, it's a continuation/spiritual successor to the lost and the damned that GW made during a special campaign, so it got picked up by Forge World
>>
>>53076619
Ill wait for 8e and see if its still legal. My problem would be that nearly none of my guys have guns. My main gunline are a half-dozen heavy bolter servitors with the HQ upgrade to make them AP3. That rips and tears in 30k, but there's no way in he'll it'll fly in 40k.
>>
>>53076637
I think Forge World have said that all their rules will be released next to/the same say as GW's 8th E
>>
>>53075642
I fucking envy you. At my club something like that would be laughed off despite all of them being anal about "this hobby is more than just playing, you have to model real hard" but then ignore other aspects of it.
>>
>>53075642
>>53076684
There is such a thing as too much. I give names and trophies to guys who do well, but beyond that there's just the baseline "this is who they are".

For example, Ive played CSM for about 15 years now, and Ive got one model who's basically been riddle-of-the-ax'd through all of it. He's a regular chaos marine with a bolter and chainsword, but over the years he's acquired numerous little bits for things he's done. Somehow he always pulls through for me. His armor has a few holes from times when he saved 30 bolter rounds in one turn. His helmet is one of those cool Khorn Breserker ones with the wingys cut off from when he did a stint in a big khorn blob. He's got an extra set of krak grenades because one time he blew up a few transports on his own with them. Eventually I ended up with a few guys like him, and after a particularly good game where he killed a nob, I made him squad leader of my group of ragtag motherfuckers. They dont have names, but they have history.
>>
File: IMG_1616.jpg (356KB, 1500x833px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1616.jpg
356KB, 1500x833px
Here are my Age of Sigmar dudes, enjoy and please tell me what you think

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
>>
>>53076738
Hey, because I can see that you made a map with Inkarnate, I figure I should ask: what the hell happened to all the old features? Where did mountain stamps go? Why are there far fewer ground textures now?
>>
>>53076664
Well, as GW doesnt have models for them, I wouldnt be surprised if they dont get rules. Things are going to be bad enough in nu40k, I wouldnt want to sour things further by playing a forgeworld army.
>>
I am a huge fucking 80s robot cartoon nerd and so every pilot in my 300+ points of Heavy Gear gets a name.

Thus I've made the Three-Ones. Long version here: https://ideaswithoutend.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/heavy-gear-army-background-marigold-army-25th-regiment-3rd-compagnie-1st-gear-section-the-three-ones-southern-forces-319tv/

Short version: They are a unit that has had an ever worsening run of luck ruining their formerly chill "bunch of well meaning a-holes with mechs" image. (I couldn't very well write fluff about their heroism and fearsome deeds because I've never won a game)

There was the time Alektra, their ace pilot, got in a fight with a visiting snooty top brass type and nearly got sent to a penal legion. Had she not gone on to 1v1 a notorious enemy ace and fuck him up so hard his troops' morale was broken she'd be out in a toxic wasteland breaking rocks. As it is she's trying to pay off a fine so big other regiments think it's some kind of joke.

There's Cadre III. They ended up with a bunch of failed prototype mechs, not in the cool anime "it wrecks shit" way but in the military contractor rivalry "it's a cheap ass piece of barely functional shit" way.

Cadre II used to be cool dudes. Then they got reinforcements, a couple of angry dykes with flamethrowers who everyone "knows" rat out their comrades to the authorities for shit like black marketeering or losing paperwork.

And then there's Littner, the stuffed shirt desk jockey who thinks he's the second coming of space Napoleon and thinks the way to keep morale high is confiscate all the booze and get squad leaders to tell their men that Command thanks them for their service but there's still a problem or two with their conduct...

It used to be a pretty chill place. Plenty of stuff to shoot, a steady supply of beer and cigarettes and a town with loose women, cheap restaurants and gambling only a truck ride away. Sadly some assholes have gone and ruined it for the rest...
>>
>>53076839
I'll add - being a Your Dudes guy fucking sucks if like me you can't roll dice to save your life

>lay out named, themed army
>you feel the losses harder than the guy who never looks beyond stats
>>
File: Rheinmetall_Defence_logo.png (51KB, 1500x705px) Image search: [Google]
Rheinmetall_Defence_logo.png
51KB, 1500x705px
After the economically disastrous mission to Dawn many companies in the countries involved and their close allies went bankrupt, but Rheinmetall endured, snatching up just enough contracts within the surging Oceanic market to stay afloat
With the advent of the US-Panoceania war however, the company ended up caught between two fronts. Unable to supply one side without forsaking the other was the final nail in its coffin, forcing it to downsize greatly and nearly disappear
Too late now to throw its lot with the rapidly surging hyperpower, Rheinmetall's directors took the only course they could think of: adapt
Moving its headquarters to mars, the company decided to pursue a business model of producing artisanal high-quality copies of PanOceanian military equipment for the civilian market, and to create a subdivision dedicated to bringing further exposure to their brand through military contracting

And thus, Rheinmetall Defense was reborn from the ashes of the old world, akin to a phoenix clad in steel

Current products include marvels of technology such as:

The TOSIR (Thermische Optik Schwere Infanterie Rüstung) "Schweizer", a copy of Swiss Guard armor with slightly lessened weaponry interface options, but boasting a completely custom quantronic warfare interface

FESIR (Feuerwehr Elite Schwere Infanterie Rüstung) "Adler", a type of heavy armor with a unique combination of sensory equipment designed to compete with Neoterra's famed Aquila guard

MFF (Mehrzweck Ferngesteuertes Fahrzeug) "ZonDrohne", a clever feat of engineering wherein a set of highly-sophisticated set of systems comparable to PanOceania's own Dronbots tech is placed within a chassis very similar to that belonging to the Nomad Nation's military, allowing the company to circumvent a plethora of licensing and patent issues
>>
>>53076785
I dunno really, one day they updated it and the old features were gone
>>
>>53075642
You're fine but I'm a bit worried about the Chaos player though what with the lovecraftian sub deity. That sounds pretty dumb.
>>
>>53074099
My dudes originated from a world of the Gothic sector which has been destroyed so long ago that they forgot its name. The bulk of the population was extracted by a local splinter of the sector's battlefleet but due to Administratum snafu, they were never resettled. They now live and breed in the bowels of the starships of the fleet and their population is tithed to form the bulk of a ground force the Fleet Admiral use for ground operations.

This is how I play my IG and justify the lack of heavy tanks and the prevalence of infantry, light vehicles and sentinels, since starships use a lot of power lifter sentinels.

I never put precise names or definite allegiances on any of the places, ships and people to allow me some flexibility. Maybe the Admiral is a proper Imperial Fleet Admiral, maybe he's a Rogue Trader, maybe he's a renegade. I can play whatever.
>>
File: DnmSB3M[1].jpg (769KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DnmSB3M[1].jpg
769KB, 2048x1536px
The most elaborate I've ever gotten for backstory for "my dudes" was with my local college's gaming club Kill team campaign.

I had a charasmatic Boss Nob called "Tuffnutz" because he was a tough nut to crack (paid for armor 4+). With his band of merry Stormboyz, representing the looting style of deathskulls they owned their local sector, eventually looting bikes, embarkments, a rusty turret, and building up to be the top guys in the campaign. The liked to move up and crash into the enemy with their looted rockets. Taking anything from their enemy's munnitions or the very wings off a Daemon.

Tuffnutz never died or got severely wounded, growing more in power, although a few of the boyz did bite the dust. Eventually they Zogged off to a bigger Waaagh! (regular games) because the campaign ended.

As it stands, that Kill Team (Heralds of Ruin) is the most fun I've had in 40k. It also didn't hurt that I didn't lose.
>>
File: Chinese_2.png (754KB, 1546x998px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese_2.png
754KB, 1546x998px
Chinese nationalists for our WWII game, Ostfront

Scratch built gai liang field guns, 1/72 Caesar Infantry, Vickers Mark E tanks from UM and an Sdkfz. 222 for good measure.
Terrain is also scratch built for our Shanghai 1937 table - clay sandbags, cardboard box buildings with color printed sides
>>
Dudes I have helped work on, and my favorite ones

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Argo_Brigade
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hua_Yuan_Exterminators
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sanguine_shields
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion
>>
>>53077049
>Argo Brigade

Being the cross!
>>
>>53077049
Best Your Dudes, hands down
>>
>>53074099
I'm starting to finally work on some My Dudes that I'm pretty excited about.

I'm turning my Saurus from Fantasy into Tarellians using bits from Fire Warriors that I will soon purchase and combining them with my Imperial Guard, Scion Tempestus, and Empire Handgunners so they can act as Kroot stand-ins; including using sci-fi'ed Cold One Knights for Krootox and adding all sorts of armor and autocannons to my Carnosaur to make it look like an armored Knarloc to act as either a Hammerhead or Broadside stand-in.

I'm probably going to have one or two units of actual Kroot fighting alongside them to give more of a mercenary feel. All the Tarellian kit is going to have some neat Polynesian iconography painted on purely because I'm hapa and think it would look baller as fuck. Both will also add to the "alien mercenaries," vibe.

After that I'm going to take the rest of my blueberry and human shit and turn my humans into Gue'vesa--probably using a lot of the Fire Warrior Breacher, Cadian, and Scion kits since those miniatures look not only dope, but also bulkier than most Fire Warrior miniatures--so they'll act as stand-ins for the Tau infantry stuff.

That way my entire Tau list is made of auxiliary troops, with the only actual blueberries represented by the few mobile suits I'm going to have (I refuse to use anything Ghostkeel-sized or larger because I'm a fluff-fag) and maybe some Pathfinders for the unit variety.

I'm still working out some of the fluff stuff, but I'm pretty excited to get to work on the actual miniatures. Doing those alone will make it an interesting experience.
>>
>>53076955
I guess the chaos thing could just be a spin on Malal or Necoho, but that's some dusty old 40k lore...
>>
File: Marine Prototype.jpg (253KB, 1280x912px) Image search: [Google]
Marine Prototype.jpg
253KB, 1280x912px
Made a Chapter with the generator, but can't come up with a name for them, would like some suggestions from you bros;
>Blood Angels successors
>Fleet Based, Armored Assault boarding specialists
>Extremely high rate of succumbing to Black Rage, 50% of chapter exterminated by Inquisition, geneseed confiscated
>Most of remaining chapter lost fighting Orks, only parts of 2nd and 7th Companies remaining, spread across fleet ships
>>
File: Space Marine chapter names 1.png (318KB, 365x766px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine chapter names 1.png
318KB, 365x766px
>>53078117
Why not roll a name up for them
>>
File: Space Marine chapter names 2.png (280KB, 274x830px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine chapter names 2.png
280KB, 274x830px
>>53078186
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>53078186
>>53078195
Rollin; just for the fun of it
>>
>>53078195
>>53078186
>Sable Wings
What the fuck, how does that match the decal I stole from a Bloodbowl transfer sheet match so well.
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>53078212
Forgot the 2nd d100
>>
>>53078212
>>53078224
So I got:
>Honoured Souls
>>
>>53078186
This list owns. I rolled:

Brother Crusaders
Brazen Knights
Black Hunters
Star Destroyers
Steel Hawks
Crimson Sons
Crimson Skulls
Ultimate Death
Millennial Warriors
Ultra Fury
Fiery Fury
War Death
Star Lords
Flesh Swords
>>
>>53078186
>>53078195
>>
Rolled 87, 38, 41, 18, 60, 87, 99, 48, 29, 23, 49, 15 = 594 (12d100)

>>53078313

Whoops
>>
>>53078363

Well most of those were shit, but Iron Consols sounds bitching.
>>
File: 1477384832506.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477384832506.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>53074099
>>age of sigmar
>>your dudes
>>
>>53078552
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>53078617
He's insinuating that AoS has no capacity for individualized armies with personal character
>>
File: Untitled.png (246KB, 322x445px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
246KB, 322x445px
>>53074099
The first of the Lamenters I've made and painted. still need to do basing and some touch ups. first figure I've painted for half a decade.
>>
>>53078969
That's ludicrous! AoS has a huge room for your dudes!
>>
>>53079070
There is nothing to grab hold of, the setting is so vast as to become bland ad flavorless
>>
>>53078186
>>53078195
Ultra Champions

Some how I'm picturing a super hammy ultra marine successor. Lead by ether Nathan Fillion or John Barrowman. Some how this is starting to work in my mind.
>>
>>53078552
>p-please make this thread into another skubtasy vs age of skub discussion
kys viper
>>
>>53079144
Can you faggots not go "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" even once? I fucking despise AoS, but if somebody can actually immerse himself in that bland kitchensink of a setting enough to come up with his own dudes, more power to him.
>>
File: Cyclops Chapter.png (201KB, 431x556px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops Chapter.png
201KB, 431x556px
>>53074099
I have allot of fluff for all my armies:

40K:
-Cyclops Space Marines - A recently founded Ultramarines derived chapter, fairly codex adherant. They spend most of their time trying to keep the area of space around their homeworld on the eastern fringe stable.
-Nigran 1051st IG regiment - From the hive world Nigra (the sister world of the cyclops homeworld, Cyon). A fairly typical hive world IG regiment wearing greatcoats and rebreathers in a simmilar fashion to the steel legion. They fight in many of the sme fields as the cyclops space marines, providing them with much needed manpower and garrison forces.
-Sa'Conas Sept Tau - A very recently established sept on the extreme southern border of the Tau empire, inhabiting a cold world where the only life is found on whe warmer equator.

Infinity:
-Neoterran Lambda Operations - The best trained and best equiped soldiers Pan-O has to offer who are tasked with the dirtiest and most politicaly questionable jobs that Pan-O denies all knowledge of.
-Paradiso Crusade Force: Division Tirtius - A mixture of knights from different millitary orders grouped together and tasked with the recapturing of urban areas on paradiso from the CA.
-USARF 78th Regiment - A regiment from USAriadna specialized in urban combat.
-Onyx First Contact Force 'Bone' divisoin - A subsection of the OFCF used primarily for demolitions and brute force rather than infiltration.
>>
My 40k Admech don't have background because they were my first dudes so they're just standard Martian Skitarii, but I did quite a lot for my 30k Mechanicum.

They're the evolution of a Xanatite Explorator fleet, who were out of the Imperium's territory when the Heresy broke out. After the first planet they came to shot at them for being Reductor ships (who were mostly Loyalist) and the second for them being Xanatite (traitors) they decided fuck it and returned to a cushy system they'd found in their trip. Fast warp lane through a couple fiddly sectors, but an easy trip for Mechanicum precision. They set up on a planet with a whole bunch of greenery, started mining the asteroid belts and steadily assimilated the planet, using their already large number of Magos Biologis to turn the local flora and fauna into war machines. The Archmagos in charge, Xander Treides, is largely a massive cogitator bank spread throughout his fleet, and sends out copies of himself in custom bodies to lead expeditions whenever required. If he "dies", he's obviously still fine, but he loses the data that body was carrying, and his mind gets steadily more corrupted by interference and such every time, so he slowly goes a bit mad. Eventually, late into the Scouring, he realises what's happening to him and locks the useful parts of his mind into the ship, losing his memories in the process. He takes over subordinate's minds and uses their memories and perspectives, which has led to strange command strategy as he commands with the biases of anything between a great Archimandrite and a Skitarii Alpha Primus, each taking prominence as required.

1/2
>>
>>53079454
>-Nigran 1051st IG regiment - From the hive world Nigra

YOU MEAN

WE WUZ GARDSMEN N SHEEEIT
>>
>>53079532
His last body, abandoned with the torn memories of the ancient Archmagos, was rendered Damnatio ad Gladium by the last commands of the intact Xander, and led the majority of the fleets Cybernetica and their newer Genetus monstrosities against the Dark Mechanicum in an enraged vengeance crusade for the destroyed knowledge of Mars, finally being killed (some of his fellow Archmagi preferred to say "put down", there was hardly anything separating him from his creatures by the end) storming Cyclotrathe by Knights of House Atrax.

The fleet is still there, dug into a system that would be a fortress by cosmological standards, even before it became a collection of Forge Worlds, gun platforms and energy farms. The Genetors continued their experimentation, slowly developing research paths that were sealed in the Vaults of Moravec for good reason before, combined with some of the Vodian research from their last homeworld, and before too many centuries had passed could be considered the equal of any in the Dark Mechanicum. Strange corrosive bio-weapons, living ships, creatures of the Warp bound screaming to flesh as the Soul Forge did to metal. Occasionally, a rumour would spread of the "Old Mechanicus" beyond the Ghoul Stars, but aside from a few missing ships little was found besides worlds picked clean and poisoned more subtly than the Plaguefather tended to. Inquisitorial attention had been planned, but was dramatically disrupted by the onset of the Thirteenth Black Crusade.
>>
>>53076430

Hey, like them a lot. I use an allied detatchment of a hundred of those guys instead of Adsecularis cannon fodder, since I don't see why cloned swarms of chaff would have guns, restraint or neat 20-man formations. Also, I dig the rules. I have a friend who uses 40k Renegades, they're pretty fun. They have cool alternative force org that makes their infantry respawn and Outflank on a 2+ after death, and chewing through 300 respawning useless Infantry is great fun. They have all the same vehicle support as you, too.
>>
File: WIN_20170322_15_18_04_Pro (2).jpg (38KB, 266x263px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170322_15_18_04_Pro (2).jpg
38KB, 266x263px
Custom Stormhost time!
The Dawnguard [thinking about changing the name]: of all of Sigamr's warriors, the Dawnguard stand out in one important fact; During their mortal lives, they were all ordinary men and women, not great kings or warriors, who none the less performed great feats of heroism during the dawning of the age of chaos; they are farmhands who ran at daemons with pitchforks, school teachers who threw themselves at marauding hordes to save their students, peasants and merchants who formed ad-hoc mulita's once their nation's standing army had been shattered.
As a result, the storm host did not take the field until the latter parts of the Relamgate war, as they required training from scratch instead of mere relearning, but are able to coordinate and fight alongside free guild regiments and other mortal forces much more easily. To this the day, the warrior-chambers of this host are open to any mortal to visit and petition, and the stormcast themselves free mingle amongst the people
>>
File: IMG_20170411_114507412.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170411_114507412.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
I've got some Space Marines I've been wanting to talk about and get some feedback on.

Chapter Name: The Broken Shields
Chapter Founding Date: 2nd Founding, 021.M31.
Gene-Seed: Ultramarines
Known Decendants: None
Chapter Homeworld: Kaerramidia
Planetary Designation: Argi-World
Chapter Monastery: The Broken Oath
Battlecry: "We shall be their Shields!", "We shall remain Unbroken!"

The backstory for them, is that shortly after learning of Guilliman's plan to reorganize the remaining Space Marine legions into Chapters, as well as the introduction of the Codex Astartes. A Ultramarine Scout Sergeant by the name of Matthias Aldeen became rather disillusioned, and angry by it. Matthias saw the rules and regulations recorded within it's pages as far too restricting a method for the Space Marines to properly wage war. As such, he, along with many of the scouts he was still training, and the few full brothers who felt the same way as him, left on a Strike Crusier by the name of "The Maccrage Sparrow". The ship having been secretly loaded with enough Gene-Seed and various other supplies and equipment.

After much traveling, the group, comprised mostly of only recently inducted scouts and initiates, eventually settled upon the world of Kaerramidia. A planet that had suffered greatly during the latter years of the Horus Heresy. As such, the population was rather hesitant to even speak with them when the group first appeared.

Seeing the sorry state the planet's population was in, Matthias had his forces assist with the rebuilding effort. Food distribution, medical aid, he even had his scouts assist in building barns, and tilling nearby fields during their offtime, should their help ever be needed. In exchange for their assistance, the planet eventually began trusting, and even offering up its hardy population for induction as Space Marines.

More to come in a bit.
>>
>>53079590
well alrighty then, Ill have to give it a shot sometime.
>>
>>53076350
You sound like a pretty cool guy I like your chapter it's a bit of hope in the grimdark grimdarkness
>>
File: spacemarine (1).jpg (55KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine (1).jpg
55KB, 400x500px
>>53079713
Sorry if any of this seems weird, or the writing of this is shitty. I'm kinda new to 40k, as well as sharing and writing these sort of things. As stated before, feed back and questions is appreciated on this....

The influx of new recruits wasn't the only side effect of their relationship with the people of Kaerramidia...

Due in part to the majority of Matthias' Marines being Scouts, or younger, and far more inexperienced battle-brothers that had only been inducted shortly before the end of the Horus Heresy, and due in part to Matthias' more "Liberal" training methods. It became a rather common sight for the young initiates to start up relationships with young women on the nearby farms and homesteads they were often ordered to assist. This has caused long standing, yet out of place tradition in the Chapter, where it is often encouraged for Scouts and initiates to get married. Sometime before they become full battle-brothers. Some initiates even going so far as to sire children before becoming full marines.
>>
>>53075642
You're no more autistic then any Black Library writer.
>>
>>53079905
So, very?
>>
File: IMG_20170505_134225281.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_134225281.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>53079832
The Chapter is currently non-Codex Compliant, going so far as to even refuse the usage of Tactical, Devastator, Assault, or any other kind of markings.

They currently stand at 12 company's, each one containing anywhere from 120-150 marines, none of which are scout Companies.

Instead, scouts are trained by whatever company's happen to be stationed on their Homeworld at the time, as companies are often rotated too allow marines time to visit home, and tend to their farms and families.

Other than it being encouraged for initiates to marry before becoming full marines, it is a common sight for the more older marines to adopt and raise orphans from planet's they have recently fought on. With many of whom go on join Kaerramidia's defense force, or are inducted as initiates for the Chapter.

Their Chapter symbol is a White Shield, with a golden cross running the width and length of it, with black, jagged line starting at the upper right side, and running diagonally downwards the bottom left. It symbolizes their desire to be the Shields of the people, as well as the breaking of their oaths to their Primarch, Roboute Guilliman.
>>
>>53080052
>refuse the usage of Tactical, Devastator, Assault, or any other kind of markings.

Couldnt get the transfers to work, huh?
>>
File: 20160928191119_1.jpg (454KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160928191119_1.jpg
454KB, 1920x1080px
the moment Roboute returned, my guys decided to put themself into a giant cardboard box and collect dust until I can muster enough motivation to rearrange them for an older Edition, or the End Times are over.
>>
File: 1492162866939.gif (318KB, 702x496px) Image search: [Google]
1492162866939.gif
318KB, 702x496px
>>53080157
>>
>>53080157
I've actually never thought about using them to be fair. I've just never liked them in all honesty. Therr are no tactical, devastator, or assault squads just marines.That... and the Broken Shields assign their forces equipment based on what's needed at the time.

>"Oh? You're saying you need to requisition 62 jump-packs for your next assault on the Ork fortress? Alright then, there you go!"
>>
I personally like having a your dudes are my and then keeping and canon named hero in the wings to be added to a special fight, making it feel as if a superhero has come to save the day In a darkest hour
>>
File: The Akaran Resurgence.pdf (269KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Akaran Resurgence.pdf
269KB, 1x1px
>>53074099
It's not fully done but you can give it a read.
>>
>>53080052

Their relationship with the majority of other chapters is sketchy at best, due to their lack of Codex Compliance. This causes the majority of Ultramarine successors refuse to work with them unless the need is great enough. The Chapter has come to blows numerous times over the years with the Marines Malevolent, due to both Chapters opposing views on the treatment of civilians.

Even so, they find they work well with Chapters such as the Salamanders, the Space Wolves, and have even worked with the Lamentors on several occasions, due to such Chapters views when it comes to civilians.

Their hated foes are of courde, traitors and those who follow the forces of Chaos. The Chapter going to great lengths to eradicate such forces as soon as they crop up.
>>
>>53074221

Fun fact, akrabam means relatives in turkish.
>>
My guys are a Dark Angel's successor chapter who had a civil war within their chapter when some of the chapter master led their veterans renegade. They lost a lot of their relics like terminator armor and bikes so they can't field the respective wings. They're led by a counsel of librarians, chaplains, and captains to keep power decentralized.
>>
>>53075642

It is fine but this
>chaos space marines who are not really chaotic but worship a lovecraftian deity who eats chaos

Is retarded.
>>
>>53077049
YEE BOI HUA YUAN
>>
>>53079546

Their homeworld is probably governed by various KANGZ that feud with each other all the time.
>>
File: 40k 03548491173092514234.jpg (394KB, 911x1133px) Image search: [Google]
40k 03548491173092514234.jpg
394KB, 911x1133px
>>53080224

40k got its cut off date for me at the height of the 13th black crusade where Abbadon got trapped in cadia with his warband while imperial navy bombarded them daily.

I am ignoring any fluff written after that date.

The 40k ended there, what we are seeing is child tier fantasy that has nothing to do with the setting.
>>
>>53077049
There any tips or ideas for trying to kitbash models for those Guard regiments?
>>
I used to have My Dudes, but they've been shelf'd forever waiting for better times

I kinda miss working on them
>>
>>53081037
Chaos, Nids, Orks, or Deldar?
>>
>>53081056
Space Marines

For "better times" i don't mean in the game or the game rules
>>
>>53080557
Really, huh cool coincidence I guess
>>
>>53074099
>one womyn and a shitload of marines
Her nights must be busy as fuck.
>>
>>53080708

> Ignoring fluff after some arbitrary point.

No matter what happens anon, fluff will come following your end point. And like an insidious growth it'll gnaw at your headcanon because, ultimately, it will always lead to the new fluff.

Like a time paradox, regardless of what you do, it still leads to the same place.
>>
File: tseentch lost and damned.jpg (126KB, 524x604px) Image search: [Google]
tseentch lost and damned.jpg
126KB, 524x604px
Working on a Tzeentch-worshipping Lost and the Damned regiment for a 40krpg

The Dreaming Damned (working on a better name)
They were once a highly decorated Imperial Guard regiment, but their preferred strategy of minimizing their own casualties at the cost of tactically valuable locations and civilians, even other regiments, drew the attention of a commissar who ordered them Decimated.
Faced with the prospect of personally killing a tenth of their own, the regiment brutally murdered the commissar, sabotaged the Guard's presence against the orks, and went renegade. They escaped in the chaos as the green tide swept over the planet.
Their crimes did not go unnoticed, and the regiment found themselves hunted by the Inquisition, and no save haven in an inhospitable galaxy. Worn down by years of pursuit and boxed into a corner, they were contacted by an Apostate of Tzeentch, who offered them the protection of the chaos god, in return for their service. Faced with annihilation, they grudgingly accepted.
They used their newfound powers and allies to devastate the pursuing forces and kill the Inquisitor leading them, and escaped to the warp. But the deal they struck gnaws at them constantly. They had sworn to serve no one when they left the Guard, but here they serve again. The touch of their benefactor has changed them utterly, forcing them to weave spells just to appear human again.

Now, they specialize in impersonating other Guard units and prefer to subvert them above any other foe. Though not as psychically gifted as most Tzeentch followers, they provide a level of discipline and organization that most human cults sorely lack.
They also have a lot of Tzaangors.
>>
>>53081373

>Just because rome turned from a republic to an empire you cant have jolly good adventures in a setting where you are in republic period.

The universe is a big place, whatever happens nor you nor your dudes will be missed.
>>
File: Obliterator Prince.jpg (180KB, 1043x918px) Image search: [Google]
Obliterator Prince.jpg
180KB, 1043x918px
>>53077049
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion
aw yeah, represent. I did a lot of the art for those threads.
and the Loyalty's Reward story...
and most of the 1d4chan page...

...and no one besides me has edited since those threads.
>feelsalittlebitbadman.jpg
>>
>>53074956

Would Gryph-Hounds with some conversion work make an alright stand-in?
>>
>>53080785
We just had a fella make an Argo Brigade dude. Guy needs to thin his paints, but other than that it's spot on >>53080070 hop on in and ask Killteamanon what parts he used for him
>>53081721
Worry not, I'm working on a rather large bit of writefaggotry for them now, it will be ready soon
>>
>>53082029
Oooh.
There seemed to be two different sides in the whole creation thread, one who liked them as megalomaniacal cartoon villains, one who liked them as cold professionals.
I liked the professional idea, that they were like the Iron Warriors but focused on biotech and controlled mutation rather than augmentation, and did their horrible bioweapon stuff as a means to an end, rather than just to be evil. That they were pragmatic above all else.
On the other hand, I was much more interested in the Legion at the cult/regular marine level, more than the elite Obliterator level, and I could see there being two very different dispositions: the everyday soldiers, who just want to get the job done, and the higher-ups, who are all blatantly evil and hammy.
What's your take on it?
>>
My Dudes are the Storm Fists. A successor to the Imperial Fists, their fortress monastery is based on the death world of Tempestade. The surface is scoured clean of mostly anything by frequent lightning strikes, with natives living underground in gab shelters. To be an initiate and chosen to enter the monastary and begin training, aspirants must stand outside the gates for three days and three nights, weathering the storms and lightning. If their resolution holds, and they can survive, they are welcomed inside to begin the indoctrination and surgeries to become an Astartes.

In war, they favor the long range siege, as they see it as an honor of the storm. Devastators and Tanks drop judgement from afar, out of sight on their victims. Meanwhile, Land Speeders, Stormtalons and Ravens hurtle down from the skies, bringing ruin to whatever they reach out to.
>>
>>53082203
They are both at the same time.

Really it's three things forming a trinity, which seems to be a running theme in the legion.

They are equal parts SMC super villians, Heartless mercs for hire, and Space ISIS.

Thodos the Ironbringer has to act like Cobra Commander for the Space ISIS cult, while the Chaos Black Water marines know that Thodos will eat a man for looking at him overly long if he thought it would make a point. The cult protects the marines by tarpitting, and the marines get the job done which makes the leadership richer, which in turn trickles down and gets everyone better equipment and boosts morale.

They aren't just one thing, but hammy, tacticool, and terroristic are definitely some of the things they are
>>
>>53081647
I dig this, also in combination with that pic. Very sinister and fitting. This will stay with me.
>>
>>53082616
Oh wow, it's really cool that you can take the stuff that seems divisive and actually spin it into a theme of the Legion.
I think I was the one who suggested the name Chimera, but it always seemed like just in reference to the mishmash biomonster stuff, not really anything else. You've turned it into a full, coherent idea. Kudos.
>>
The 71st Remus Victorii are an Imperial Guard Regiment from the world of Remus. Like most regiments from their homeworld, they're selected through methods of ritualized combat in arenas across the globe. Those who preform well form the Victorii regiments, and typically find themselves better equipped and supported. The losers who survive form the Secundus regiments, and are often treated little better than conscripts by their fellows.

The 71st in particular place a great deal of pride on their martial skill, their regiment specializing in close quarters fighting and assault. Shotguns are the preferred longarm of the regiment, fitting their preferences for combat. Their uniforms are drawn from their planet's distant history, helmets made to resemble those of ancient gladiators, furnished Bronze alongside their armguards. The rest of their uniform is a mix of red fabric, along with brown and grey tones for when camoflouge is deemed necessary.

...and that's what I have so far. Where I'm getting stuck is what sorts of support such a regiment would bring along. They don't seem the type to enjoy a lot of tanks or artillery.
>>
File: tseentch lost and damned 2.jpg (248KB, 1100x684px) Image search: [Google]
tseentch lost and damned 2.jpg
248KB, 1100x684px
>>53083242
I've also got this pic
>>
My nob, in shadow war armageddon, found a curious thing. He found a container of neopolitan ice cream. He then got confused, and mixed it up with napoleon, and has painted himself up the colors of it, since he's a blud axe. He's got a boy sized 'ead, and a hat, and an iron gob.
>>
File: tseentch lost and damned 3.jpg (92KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
tseentch lost and damned 3.jpg
92KB, 480x700px
>>53083242
>>53083298
and this one.
>>
>>53083298

>It is all fun and games until your machine gun turns into a bird and you cant shoot now
>Thanks tzeentch,really appreciate it
>>
File: Knights of Mann.jpg (21KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Knights of Mann.jpg
21KB, 400x500px
My Chaos Space Marine Warband

Name: Knights of Mann
Based on: Emperor's Children
Dedication: Slaanesh
Homeworld: Spacebound
Battlecry: "Personal Perfection, Total Perfection"

The Knights of Mann are a warband who got their namesake from their lord, Mannchester Cromweld, who was not originally a member of the warband, But a Ultramarine Sargent, who wanted to retake the 500 worlds, wanted to focus on ending the Xenos, but the structure of the Ultramarines, and the Codex astartes constantly limited him. After taking a Slaaneshi Sorceror's blade in a duel. It slowly begin to make him more radical in is disagreement with the codex, more prideful in his own abilities. He eventually killed his force commander in a duel, the blade was destroyed but he cut his arm off and took his powerfist as a sign of victory, and used an attack bike to escape. Eventually he joined a non-dedicated warband. And began gaining the personal loyalties of the most powerful members in it, besides the Chaos lord, who during his asension, Mannchester had him betrayed by the Warband's sorceror, and agreed to have him entombed inside a Maulerfiend.

After this, he made himself leader of the Newly named Knights of Mann. A warband with the goal of personal perfection, to make mankind perfect. Despite not being a memeber of the Emperor's Children, he is facinated with their desire for perfection. And the Warband has an original member of the Emperor's Children in a Contemptor, which he uses to maintain his authenticity as a Emperor's Children Successor.

Mannchester himself wants perfection of leadership. Internal fighting is inefficent. So the other pwoerful members of the warband are always kept on his good side. Mannchester wants to end the fighting between chaos and imperium. He despises the Emperor, for his weakness and his inability to keep humanity, the true masters of the galaxy together.

If interested i have more, but I've hit the limit
>>
>>53078186
>Flesh Hands

Iron Hands successors who think bionics are stupid?
>>
>>53075531
I wish I knew hod to code and mod Space Marine. I'd fucking love to play with Carcharodons Titus.
>>
>>53078186
>>53078195
>Death Devourers
They're gonna be the biggest Harry Potter reference. It's gonna be yuge.
>>
File: dudemans.jpg (139KB, 756x567px) Image search: [Google]
dudemans.jpg
139KB, 756x567px
Harakoni warhawks (unless they get fluffed more that goes contradictory to what I got. But since they haven't been mentioned since like 3rd ed I'm not to worried).
Since GW doesn't have much fluff on em I made some up. The 401st Helldivers (named in honour of the 31st Harakoni regiment) come from a Hiveworld, and like many other Imperial Guard regiments are comprised of the best of the PDF. Due to the dense nature of a Hive City the Helldivers utilize are large number of both Valkyrie and Vulture gunships to navigate the twisting maze that is the hive. Their support is primarily limited to what can fly, such as Avengers and the before mentioned Vultures, and what could be carried by aircraft such as the Taurus and Sentinels. Before they become Imperial Guardsmen proper, each Trooper must conduct a drop from the very top of the Spire. Since this is done on the property of the governors palace its customary that he sees each regiment off personally. From there they would leap 8.9 miles down to the surface, where they would regroup and head to the Underhive with a set of objectives. These objectives usually boils down to shoot everyone who isn't a Helldiver, though missions include the repair of some vital portion of the underhive or rescue/kidnap of some wayward noblemans son or daughter hiding in the underhive are not unheard of. These 'raids' (though some would argue purge would be more accurate) keep the mutant, cultist, and general poor population in check, and to those living in the underhive, just another thing trying to kill them. These missions can last any where from a few days to weeks, but once they accomplish there mission they can emerge from the Underhives and take to the stars as some of the Emperors finest
>>
>>53084813
That's some good shit you got there, anon. Might help you to break up your text-walls, though.
>>
>>53084877
Thanks your right now that you mention it theres alot I could cut out.
>>
I had a tempestus scion insta-death a khorne chaos lord with a melta gun. His squad also hunted down the last remaining khornate cultist, leading to a table victory.

Needless to say I gave him a CSM helmet on his base.
>>
>>53078195
> Ultra Fists

I guess I could get used to that.
>>
File: gettheblaster.jpg (223KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
gettheblaster.jpg
223KB, 480x712px
>>53077044
Oh god the bend on the gun in the middle-left.
>>
>>53085023
Not even cut out, just divide into more than one paragraph.
>>
>>53085023
>>53085188
Unless you meant cut out as in simplify sentences and whatnot into an easier-reading description; in which case carry on Guardsman.
>>
File: WP_20170503_17_47_19_Pro.jpg (5MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170503_17_47_19_Pro.jpg
5MB, 5344x3008px
>>53074099
The Anglican III which I took the name from as a reference to one of the English kings we talked about in my European history class and took a lot of of from English history as well. Their uniforms were once bright and full of color, as all of the forces of the world were controlled by the noble houses and the King governed them all. A movement of the pious citizens of the planet rebelled against the tyrannical noble houses as they believed that they were not loyal and their faith in the Emperor was lax. Turns out the nobles and kings had been corrupted by the Dark Powers and they were overthrown in the inevitable civil war. They were replaced by a parliment of the people and as an act of remembrance the military forces of the planet would wear drab grey for as long as the planet existed to show their humbleness before the God-Emperor.
>>
>>53085688
>Roundheads
Hold me back boys
>>
File: 1493063180891.jpg (126KB, 1062x751px) Image search: [Google]
1493063180891.jpg
126KB, 1062x751px
>>53075642
me and my friends do the same thing man. My templar marshall has a rivalry with my buddies wolf lord, and we send texts to each other all the time describing scenes of them talking shit to set up battles.

you are not alone.
>>
File: Gypaetus Astra.jpg (20KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Gypaetus Astra.jpg
20KB, 400x500px
>>53074099
They were once known as the Vermilion Wings Chapter. After a Puritan Inquisitor had discovered that the Astartes on Callisto were engaging in cannibalistic rituals they had deemed heretical after investigating the disappearance of several Imperial nobles and governors, along with an Inquisitor, they stormed the Feudal World en-masse with a full detachment of Tempestus Scions and Astra Militarum. After several days of fighting, the Marines made a final retreat from their home, leaving its fate to the Inquisition. The barbarian and medieval inhabitants that made up the Planetary Defense Forces who fought the Inquisitorial forces using guerrilla tactics were made into a penal legion, sent out to various fronts across the galaxy.

The Vermilion Wings, having lost many brothers who had given their lives in this massive retreat, became the Void Vultures when Commander Donal, the Chapter Master, decided they were past the point of no return, thus becoming renegades on the run. Donal also decided on a full cosmetic change to the armor that the techmarines and servitors began work on immediately. Their new armor would be a darker shade of red, and their pauldrons would go from a vibrant orange to black. Commander Donal, not wanting their homeworld to have anything to do with renegades, decided that the Chapter would having no symbol, thus leaving both shoulder pauldrons black as night.
They had later within the month met with an eccentric rogue trader of the Corre Dynasty, whose fleet was annihilated by the forces of Chaos while escaping a system in the Ultramar segmentum by Abaddon's Black Legion as it lay siege to Ultramar. The young rogue trader wished for their protection, while he in return would give to them enemies to fight, a reason to be, and to protect them from the Inquisition behind his warrant of trade.
>>
>>53086015
Donal hardly left his chambers when the Chapter was out of a warzone. He struggled with his beliefs. Harassed by countless nightmares and visions, the man had fallen to the Chaos God Khorne. Slowly, he began corrupting those brothers closest to him. The chapter master was clearly mad. He led a strike team of several veterans against an Agri World the fleet was passing over. The rest of the Chapter, along with the Rogue Trader's personal soldiers landed to find the immediate area desecrated. They found Donal's corpse hung upon a tree, the former Chapter Master's body warped into that of a Chaos Spawn. The traitor forces on the planet were led a Daemon Prince of the Alpha Legion, whom admitted to them that it was he who had murdered those people using his agents. It turned out that this Daemon Prince had been a raider in the Slaaneshi invasion of Callisto five years prior to their escape, and sought revenge.

The ensuing battle between traitors and renegades ended when the Chapter pulled out alongside the Rogue Trader, having reclaimed the Chapter Master's ancient artificer armor. The planet was then bombarded by the fleet, and they were gone before the Inquisition arrived to investigate.

Since then, former-Captain Zimus of the Fourth Company has taken over as Lord Commander of the Chapter. A man who is not too zealous, yet not strong of will was deemed to be worthy in order to take on the role. He maintains contact with every ship in the fleet weekly, and makes sure they are on top of everything, as well as leading his troopers from the front. When Zimus took over, he also decided that the Chapter's symbol would be a white wing and a white fang, side by side.

I should also mention they are 23rd founding, descended from the Blood Angels.
>>
File: IMG_20170506_121933.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_121933.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
My dudes. Still need to finish the flags, Celestine and weapons on the last Russ.
>>
>>53085781
I watched that Blackadder episode with them in it anon and found it interesting plz no bully.
>>
File: IMG_20170506_011958361_HDR.jpg (2MB, 2268x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_011958361_HDR.jpg
2MB, 2268x4032px
Behold, the only completed marine of the loyalist Storm Lances chapter.

They're a loyalist chapter whose origins are unknown, but have close ties to the White Scars, who took them under their wing during the early years of the chapter. As a result they field a larger number of bikes than the Codex would suggest, although they aren't averse to Dreadnoughts. They also have an unusual number of Psyker.

The implication being, of course, that they're a loyalist Thousand Sons unit that managed to slip back into the Imperium's fold. Quite possibly with the Scar's help, since Magnus and Jaghatai were chummy before the HH. A final favour to a departed friend and brother.

Sorry about the bad quality photo.
>>
File: IMG_1775.png (166KB, 351x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1775.png
166KB, 351x349px
My dudes haven't won a single game because my local meta is full of Tau and Eldar. Kind of hard to give a fuck about your dudes when they're failures.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>53086152

>anon, we've gone over the options and...........

>......................

>well it doesnt look hopeful
>>
File: Operation Molten Storm (81).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Operation Molten Storm (81).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53074099
The Mad Malagra Magos Coatl
last know transmission from Expurgation Combine Sigma-81:
#PURGE# #PURGE# #PURGE# #PURGE# #PURGE# #PURGE# #PURGE# #PURGE#
>>
>>53084813
Those look badass. I love the paint scheme.
>>
File: IMG_8484.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8484.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Imperial Fists Chapter Successors: Knights of Ajax
5-Founded to kill Orks, only to find there were depressingly few Orks to kill in the Gainz Sector.
93-Unknown Founding, records were lost when the Librarium was invaded by Eldar. The Chapter Master is pretty sure they are Fists though.
Progenitor Chapter-Imperial Fists.
8-Altered Stock, some Gene Seed deficiencies.
A Doomed Chapter, the marines can no longer reliably grow progenoids. A majority of the Chapter's resources are currently fixed on changing this and have sent back to Terra for assistance.
Flaw: Pride in the colors-refuse to do anything that hides their colors and chapter livery, including joining Deathwatch. Many marines hold that if their Chapter is doomed to annhilation, they will not obscure their colors and live as proud sons of the Chapter.
Chapter Legends:
Chapter Master Brellon Juche boarded an Eldar Craftworld and slew many before returning in glory. The Eldar hate them to this day.
Fleet-based chapter with 3 vessels fortunatly battle ready. The chapter retains a former Space Hulk called Heklor's Folly which has been overrun by greenery to train its aspirants. Recruits must survive the poisionous creeper vines and insectoid predators while they attempt to build fortresses somewhere in the Space Hulk and survive.

Ships:
Battle Barge The Shield of Man-Holds the Chapter's relics and remnants of the Librarium.
Battle Barge The Bulwark
Space Hulk Heklor's Folly
Battleship Just Retribution.

The chapter can currently field only four or five Librarians, after the Librarium was invaded and nearly destroyed by Eldar who had managed to disguise a portable Webway gate inside a psychically reactive crystal. The librarians are stretched very thin and they feel this leaves their brothers vulnerable to the Warp. As a result, Chaplains have become increasingly important and central to the Chapter's identity, with many marines using "Confession" as a means to deal with the dread of a dying chapter
>>
>>53086071
lel. In that photo both the kneeling guncrew men look like they are looking up to the left, with the expression of "welp thats that" on their faces.
>>
>>53076233
This is pretty cool Anon. Do you have pictures?
>>
>>53076734
This is inspiring Anon, I think I now have some work to do on my CSM...
>>
>>53087906
I like it. Grimdark and noble at the same time.
>>
>>53088034
Thanks Anon! Have a list of notable dudes:
black shoulder pads for those who have survived the Librarius Scourge and are drafted int Chaplain Klen's Penance Squad.

Dramatis Personae:
Chapter Master Brellon Juche
Sgts: Manmute Aguare, Wolfenbach Utterich, Sgt Sevichite.
Gunnery Sgts: Huervo.
Centurion Sgt Gwen
Chaplain Klen (My personal favorite, I need to finish his Terminator armor version)
Librarian Belvedere, Codicier Velk.
Techmarine Judis

Dreadnoughts:
Castidian Fellfall-black sarcophagus, died defending the last outpost of Felgren Fortress from four Chaos Knights, missing most of his left side, he burns with hatred for enemy vehicles and has been interred in an Ironclad Dreadnought. Wrought a terrifying slaughter against Iron Warrior tank-thralls on Melchost.

Jalos Andran-green sarcophagus, died rallying the last of his squad under withering fire from a Space Wolf frost cannon. The Tech-priests were forced to saw off most of his frostbitten limbs, and put him into a dreadnought, where he deliveres ranged death to the Ajaxian enemies.

Brother Holst-Red Sarcophagus, one of the first marines to die since the Librarius Scourge. No notable achievements yet. All histories are from my actual games, makes things fun.
>>
>>53087679
Woah. Is that all Forge World stuff? Looks amazing!
>>
File: eversor fights babies.jpg (361KB, 783x1200px) Image search: [Google]
eversor fights babies.jpg
361KB, 783x1200px
>>53086152
I'm sorry Anon, I find that if I'm consistently losing games against someone's army, I make a point next game to focus on killing the unit that caused me so much trouble, just focus fire on them if you are already losing and spite them. Go full 40k and die cursing them with your last breath and choking the xenos with your bodies.
>>
>>53088369
someone put so much work into that picture.

I don't know how to feel about that.
>>
File: IMG_2223.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2223.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>53087943
Visavorax himself, signaling for the latest bombardment to commence.
>>
>>53088397
I love it, I'm just not sure what the bald dudes are desu. I just captioned that because it was amusing.
>>
>>53075396

Lookin' bretty good, m8.
>>
File: 1484972520791.jpg (35KB, 525x641px) Image search: [Google]
1484972520791.jpg
35KB, 525x641px
>>53087679

Muh dick.
>>
>>53088418
>dick.
Looks great!
>>
Been trying to work on some dudes - having trouble settling on a color scheme.

Here's the stuff
>Iron Host
>Founded for Strategic Prognostication
>36th Millennium (Cursed Founding)
>Blood Angels
>Pure, with gene-seed mutations
>Multiple instabilities: Hyper-stimulated Omophagea, oversensitive Occulobe, mutated Catalepsean Node, lost/damaged zygotes (secondary heart, Lyman's Ear)
>Chapter Flaw is Chapter Cult
>Figure of Legend is Chief Librarian seconded from previous generation Successor
>Led campaign against a rebel army
>Chapter home is a jungle hive world, distant rule
>Unique organization
>Siege combat doctrine
>Lack apothecaries
>Possess modified jump pack
>Chapter Beliefs take form of Steel Over Flesh
>Endangered status
>Friendly with another Chapter
>Enemies with Inquisition
>>
>>53089018
Basically i see these guys have such horrible gene-seed mutations that some of their organs are failing or have died off, so they were forced to try and keep themselves together with augmetics, but that wasn't enough to save them by the point that they then were routed by the Inquisition for becoming too violent and blood hungry, their homeworld exterminatus'ed and the remnants of their chapter scattered and forced into hiding, most of them now haunting a space hulk like ghouls
>>
>>53089018
>Siege combat doctrine
>Lack apothecaries
>Endangered status

That's an interesting roll, how did you write it into their lore?
>>
>>53088960
He's wearing bronze underwear, anon. Also Khorne only approves of sex for the purposes of reproduction.
>>
>>53089276
What about period sex? Technically that's blood for the blood god.
>>
>>53089018
I like A and B myself. Never been a fan of halved or quartered armor patterns.
>>
>>53089331
Khorne does not approve of disgusting fetishes, not even hemophilia.
>>
File: red fangs lord and AC.jpg (321KB, 1904x1268px) Image search: [Google]
red fangs lord and AC.jpg
321KB, 1904x1268px
These are the Khorne Daemonkin I'm working on right now, the Red Fangs, formerly the Cavaliers Triumphant. Apologies for the shitty pic but here's the Chaos Lord and Aspiring Champion.

I'm just gonna cliffnotes their lore and the like because I'm still working on it, but I've got the majority of it down.
>ultramarines successors
>recruit from an ice world by hosting a tournament among the planet's population at their fortress monastery's colosseum
>chapter specialty - armored assault, utilizing a special kind of ramming assault bike and chain/power spears in addition to standard astartes weaponry
>fought for the imperium during the badab war, sustaining heavy casualties
>tyranid hive fleet incursion into their home system drove their numbers even further down til less than 200 cavaliers were left
>in desperation, the chapter began holding the tournament nearly constantly, and before long khorne noticed
>new marines and even some old ones began to show signs of corruption and before long, the captain of the second company had fallen along with over half of the chapter, and began to fight the chapter master and his loyalist marines
>the chapter master and captain fought in a heated duel in the colosseum center for the fate of their chapter, and the chapter master fell
>now, the second company captain is the chaos lord of the newly-renamed Red Fangs, and was given the honor of taming a juggernaut for his trouble
>the tournament is now eternal, and the Fangs scour the system for new bodies to fuel the eternal tournament, a wake of bloodthirsty daemons and mad cultists in their wake

I still need to come up with some names for the characters, namely the chaos lord and chapter master, along with a color scheme for the Cavaliers before they fell and iconography for both pre and post fall of the chapter. I'm gonna be getting some chainspears in a bit from Anvil to convert my marines into proper asskickers, and I'm gonna be getting my hands on a squad of bikers soon.
>>
>>53076876
oh hey, a fellow Infinifag

these guys just fluff or do you have dudes to match? id like to see that.
>>
File: KIMG0188.png (506KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0188.png
506KB, 1024x576px
My Imperial Gard are an Infantry Battalion of the 6th Harmont Regiment. Harmont is a radioactive death world on the north western border of segmentum solar. They venerate the great obelisk, it is said marks the spot were the Emperor once visited Harmont during the Great Crusade, in reality the obelisk has a much darker origin.

Cheeki Breeki, ya fucking hoser EH!
>>
>>53075642
You are like a little baby. Watch this.

>Three 300 page note books completely filled out.
>five different army's completely fleshed out with homeworlds, rivals and important battles and specific characters with lives and histories for specific vehicals.
>all just for imperial guard
>with multiple other piles of loose leaf for multiple different army's in all factions of 40k.
> all compiled over the course of four years of boring classes, late shifts and voluntary and involuntary sleepless night.

Look upon my autism, ye mighty and dispair.
>>
File: 20150708_220409.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150708_220409.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
Picture from like a year ago. A gaggle of Deathskull Orks who landed on a swamp planet that had once been home to a mass amount of machinery and tech, but a war broke out ages ago and now the planet is just rife with old, broken and forgotten machinery.
>>
>>53080455
You did ask for feedback, so:
An Ultramarine sergeant who served under Guilliman rejecting the codex because of tactical inflexibility is pretty daft. Either he missed the point really hard, or you did. Also stealing shit and running off is not "founding a chapter", it's "going rogue".

Operating off-codex is not a big deal. Other Ultramarine successors might give them shit for rejecting their Primarch, but I don't think anyone else would give a shit.

They also sound way too wholesome. It seems out of place in 40k.
>>
>>53076876
Those german names sound atrocious.
>>
>so many ugly manlet marines
>>
>>53081647
Well done dude.
>>
>>53079628
If it's custom why it's looks like another Ultramarines rip-off?
>>
>>53078195
>dark souls
>>
>>53074099

I was wondering.

How can I effectively mix biopunk and an astartes chapter? Or a IG regiment?

After all, this must be one of the least explored options in the whole 40k.
>>
>>53079713

https://youtu.be/oNk6-0rDdto?t=17s

I love that eagle mustache head.
>>
>>53093759
The D-99 are a guard regiment that were nodded with DNA experiments to better fight Tyranids. That sort of thing happens fairly often with inquisition experiments I think.

For marines, you would need a really aberrant Gene-seed. Something like Space Wolves where they'll randomly become wolves over time, but they'll probably need to be pretty secretive to avoid purging unless they go chaos
>>
>>53094370
> Something like Space Wolves where they'll randomly become wolves

I was talking about bionpunk, no furry shit.
>>
What would be a good Name/theme for a Loyalist Iron Warriors chapter? IE: Do for Iron Warriors what Blood Ravens is for Thousand Sons. (I'm asking cause I do like the Iron Warrior color scheme)
>>
I'm not 100% on what the refined versions of my dudes will look like, but this is what I have so far:
- Ork Warband
- Leader and most orks are Blood Axes
- Very keen on using tactics, strategy, stealth, infiltration, and other kunnin tricks
- Lead by Kommandork/Kommanda _________
> Zhukork? Rommork?
> He has dreams for Mork? Or maybe a nob use to clobber him a bit too much?
- Has a very large contingent of Deathskullz who basically handle the machines of the warband
- Lots of looted stuff (for more conversion possibilities)

I really need to decide on: paint scheme; narrative; and HQ: Its either jungle or desert theme for me now. I'm leaning towards desert, because Kommanda Rommork would be utterly perfect for this. But I always wanted a Vietnam War GI ork army too.
Probably going for the Rommel one, and make the kommandos green berets.
>>
>>53094486
Erwaagh Rommork.
>>
File: IMG_2165.png (4MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2165.png
4MB, 750x1334px
Janak Legion from the planet Gaiisha
They are not part of the Imperium, and are an undiscovered empire dating from the DAOT. They have fought the Imperium on a couple occasions, via expeditions, but were defeated each time. Survivors came back with Imperium tech to increase their tech development.
They wish to do their own "Great Crusade," although after their first encounter with the Imperium, they are wary of undertaking a war of such scale.
Their homeworld still has a green environment, despite having a few give cities
>>
>>53094486
>>53094609
Or as long as you're doing the desert thing, go full Mad Max with Immorkan Joe.
>>
File: 1494082389036.jpg (475KB, 1843x1382px) Image search: [Google]
1494082389036.jpg
475KB, 1843x1382px
My dudes are a Valhallan Ice Warriors regiment, they sport urban/winter coloured clothing. Normal infantrymen have the dark blue you see here, while veterans have a camo gear going on in their uniform (pic related) They prefer to balance a blend of infantry, chimeras, missile launcher teams and demolisher tanks to either drown the enemy in firepower to zap a huge hole in enemy lines.

The Commander of this force (who needs a name) is not as xenophobic as most imperium officials, and enjoys employing various adhumans to his army, Ratlings and Squats are an example of this, as seen in the image. ( I want to get more squats, preferably a proper loader for this guy) The Squat, while most though his race had died out to nids, was found in a merchant cruiser that was accidently shot down by the imperium mistaking it for a chaos ship, and had crash landed on a world that my guardsmen were stationed in. On board, along with a few corpses and scattered supplies, they found this squat alongside other survives, almost entirely human crewmen and sailors. It was found out that ship had not accepted passengers for that flight, and that he had snuck on board the ship and was in that case a fellon for Fair Evasion, Trespassing and Shiphopping. When taken as prisoner, he was sent to my Commander to decide his fate, as no law enforcement was on this world. The commander offered him a choice. Serve with the guardsmen or get sent to a penal world (if youre lucky enough not to die to a commissar on the way there) The squat, named "Shorty" Kief, decided it was best to put his skills to use and joined the Valhallans. He now operates his shoulder-mounted Lascannon, and rides along with a squad of veterans and provides much needed long range anti tank power.

All I got so far, was thinking of a way to ally in xenos to my army for more cool points, Beastmen, Eldar Corsair Mercenaries are the only ideas I got so far. Any other ideas would be cool, as long as I can use them in a game of 40k.
>>
>>53094435
The Iron Fists?
Sons of Steel?
I'm not very good at naming chapters.
>>
>>53094399
Same principle, except instead of growing fangs and fur they grow acid spitters or whatever the fuck.

Seriously, just use some imagination
>>
File: IMG_20170506_115553.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_115553.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
I'm working on my fluff for my admech army, they are supposed to be a group of admech who by their own accord reclaimed a planet covered in vegetation that was recently claimed by orkz. They were led by an ironstrider named Bertrand (pic related) who led the ironstrider charges that devastated the orkz. After the reclaimed the planet they turned it into a forgeworld and to protect the vegetation from the pollution they began to enhance the plants with cybernetics.

Clearly this fluff is a bit short and bad so i need your advice

Also Bertrand is one of my first minis, he was a fucking joy to paint
>>
File: IMG_20170506_122414.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_122414.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>53095393
heres a better picture
>>
>>53089101
Like I kinda mentioned here >>53089085 they had severely damaged gene-seed to begin with so either their apothecaries could do little about it and were deemed irrelevant, or that they were largely eliminated by Ork snipers when the chapter was declared renegade and routed by the Inquisition.

For their siege combat doctrine, my initial idea was that their stronghold was a massive, gothic castle that they held themselves up in, but someone in a previous thread pointed out that them essentially being on the run in a stationary location wasn't that smart so I changed it to space hulk, so now I'm not sure what to do with it.
>>
>>53094486
Skorkzeny is the only correct name
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Skorzeny
>>
>>53083353
tau ass nigga
>>
>>53097505
Perhaps rather than a single fortress monestary, they also have a number of Fortress worlds in their sector that they're tasked with protecting. Thus they have many castles that may lay under siege, as well as other worlds in the system that have fallen that they might seek to reclaim
>>
I need to develop some fluff for my guys.

Dark Angels task force comprised of a few squads from tthe 9th and the Ravenwing with a Techmarine and a Librarian.

Their official goal is to fend off the chaos forces in a small sector near the edge of the Segmentum Obscurus. They have joined forces with a fragment of the Space Wolves and an Imperial Knight. However, unknown to everyone but the Dark Angels Librarian, they are actually meant to draw the Knight and the Space Wolves away from the core world of the sector, where it is believed a number of Fallen have been found. The Librarian has been influencing the minds of the Space Wolves leadership and the Knight himself to keep them away from the core world until they receive world from the Inner Circle, of course neither the marines of the Dark Angels, nor the Huntsmen know their true purpose.
>>
>>53102223
I like that, but with them being branded as renegades and their chapter now endangered, would the territories they claim then still remain in their control? I suppose then it wouldn't simply be a matter of one planet needing to be razed, not if a whole sector of space they occupy needs clearing out.
>>
>>53102589
Hmm...it could be they have split their chapter up due to the circumstances, half of them seeking to fortify their home system, while the other half go out searching for a solution to their impending extinction.
>>
File: Kmtarmy.jpg (76KB, 455x533px) Image search: [Google]
Kmtarmy.jpg
76KB, 455x533px
>>53077044
That's a real nice army, anon, and appeals to my chinaboo side. Not quite historically accurate, but then again an army with almost no tanks or cars wouldn't be very fun to play at all.
>>
>>53074099
>Regiments of Korval
>heavily mechanized tactical Guard Regiment
>bringing the promise of the Emperor in threads of steel
>Imperial Truth adherent
>really hates xenos
>>
>>53102653
So they'd need to have some kind of means of resource for a protracted siege, not to mention they'd need to be in a sector remote enough that is still within Imperial territory and not have all of the Inquisition and their militia on their doorstep.

Also, what could they potentially be looking for? Some kind of BA relic or artifact? I'd rather they not have to resort to colluding with Chaos for a solution.
>>
>>53102781
Could simply be whatever chapter they're on friendly terms with is helping them to fend off the inquisition, while the expedition force is trying to go for Baal to get their parent legion to weigh in and get the big I off their back.

Aside from that, some Blood angels relic may work. Perhaps it's even something as simple as a rumored lost Gene-seed vault with enough stores that they could make another chapter's worth of recruits easily.
>>
>>53102988
I'd nearly forgotten about that part about a friendly chapter. I guess I'd ought to go with an in-lore chapter than make a new one - I've already got one I'm trying to flesh out here. Question being who'd be willing to stick their necks out for them with the charges levied against them by the Inquisition?
>>
File: my_dudes.jpg (227KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
my_dudes.jpg
227KB, 2048x1152px
I'm not great but they work on the table.
>>
>AoS Army
a bunch of losers who are obsessed with shields, live and a swamp just trying to get by. They've got some friends in the form of immortal warriors who formerly served under Archeaon, but they never made an appearance (I never bought models for them)

>40k CSM, third iteration
A fallen chapter who has lost sight of the war and just fights like a bunch of edgelords. Queue MGSV miller quotes here: "No greater purpose. No just cause. The galaxy calls for Astartes, and we answer!" Their fortress monastery was originally a grand orbital fortress, but it now resides in the warp.
>>
I'm not so good at writing my own stuff, but I've got an idea floating around my head. They're an IG regiment called the Deseret Pioneers, and they're basically cowboys in space. The regiments specialize in cavalry assaults-just like cowboys and their horses. The standard infantry resemble deputies, while the officers and Commissars resemble sheriffs.
>>
>>53103263
Well, one them immediately springs to mind is the Knights of Blood, who are also renegade Blood Angels. Might not be the best case if they want to clear their names though.

Aside from that, I'd suggest looking towards other chapters that have pissed them off and lived to tell about it
>>
>>53103648
Yeah, Knights of Blood are possibly a maybe.

I'm sure there are plenty of chapters that have disdain for the Inquisition, but sadly all I can think of immediately are the Black Templars and the Celestial Lions - those guys have enough on their plate as it is.
>>
I haven't gotten any of the models together/painted yet, but I've started on my DE Kabal.

>Kabal of the Sundered Sky
>Heavy focus on alpha strikes and high speed combat, a *lot* of Scourges and Reavers, and a whole lot of fractured politics.
>They make their domain in the aeries of High Commorragh, united not so much by a bloodline as by vengeance and unfinished business. The Archon has negotiated uneasy truces with the major players in Commorragh, serving as a "neutral" manipulative force. A relatively high number of Trueborn, many from shattered former Kabals and noble houses; outcast yet prideful and clinging to their bloodlines, internal conflict is near constant. Without their Archon's influence, the Kabal would probably shatter to bits.
>The spire they call home is topped by an airborne arena, a veritable Mecca for Reaver racers; few ground battles here, mostly airborne. Sundered Sky warriors sometimes enter the field as well.
>The Archon's favored Haemonculi maintains a cordial relationship with the Kabal from far below, but he sees the Kabal as simply a tool to his own ends. He "graciously" provides his Pain Engines in times of war, yet these engines sometimes act under inscrutable instructions, gathering samples and subjects with unshakable focus. What he plans to do with the subjects is still a mystery, yet anyone tracking the subjects would find an alarming number of psykers, Craftworlder and human alike, captured alive.

Dunno if I'm off to a *good* start, but I'm off to *a* start.
>>
>>53094486
>looted devilfish
I almost built one of these myself. Bless you for that. >>53097622 has it on the nose for a name, though.
>>
>>53078186
I need a name for my space crusaders. Rollan
>>
>>53105536
fuck, that didn't work at all
>>
>>53103491
Please tell me they have something suitably thematic, like lever action las-locks as standard arms.
>>
>>53074221
>Solution: Exterminatus, Y/N? [N] Exterminatus fleets needed elsewhere.

Thats really not how it works
>>
File: e2e.jpg (96KB, 780x770px) Image search: [Google]
e2e.jpg
96KB, 780x770px
>>53074956
>>
>>53107521
How does it work then?
>>
File: 1350930292625.gif (45KB, 739x643px) Image search: [Google]
1350930292625.gif
45KB, 739x643px
>>53086071
why the huge pipes on the bases of celestine and bodyguards? it looks a bit silly imo
>>
>>53075665
I posted theyr story in a your dudes thread some time ago, i should really make a text file for this to share, but still here's a summary

>imperial guard army corp composed of several divisions and regiments from a previus disastrous campaign against a non chaotic secession (regiments from a wealthy and advanced civilized world, the secessionist planet's pdf, death korps and a few more others)
>they get theyr ass handed in a major battle, but once the secessionists discover that theyr whole rebellion has been orchestrated by chaos space marines decided to switch side
>they menage to hold on until the renforcements finally arrives
>too bad said reinforcements decimate them cause its an inquisitorial thing to do
>an old rogue trader native of that planet befriends the lord general because of theyr mutual hate for the inquisition, and helps him saving his army moving his men plus the once traitors offworld
>lord general inherits the trade warrant from the rogue trader, and use it too keep the army corp as a semi private force

and basically they have some kind of love hate relationship with those tau pirates because they follow them in tow, so they can loot equipment and kidnap fire warriors to bolster theyr ranks
>>53080583
eeeh, he likes chaos but he doesnt like the four main gods, so he decided to go with a subdeity based on the cosmic horror stuff he loves, theyr fluff is pretty harmless, even if basically they are an occult version of the alpha legion, which is pretty meh for me.
>>
>>53107561
Not that guy, but gonna weigh in anyway because I'm a sperg.

Because exterminatus is the most final of all solutions, memes aside. The Imperium would only deploy it if there was literally no salvaging the planet by any other means and all of its valuable assets had been compromised, such as in the event of a major daemonic incursion or tyranid infestation. There would be no reason to virus bomb a planet of rebellious agricultural labourers, not least if other planets in the subsector were dependent on its agricultural output.

Also there's no such thing as an 'exterminatus fleet', per se. Just that certain types of capitol ships have exterminatus-grade weaponry.

Other than that I like your fluff anon.
>>
>>53108406
Ok good to know, I just wrote in in because I was inspired my the intro to Space Marine
>>
>>53108329
So your boy's dudes basically worship a greater daemon of Chaos Undivided or a lesser chaos god? Aight.
>>
>>53108442
Yeah I could tell, I really liked it. Just remember that while they couldn't blow up Graia because it was STRATEGIC VALUE ABSOLUTE, an agri-world can be equally important. You might not be cranking out battle titans, but if you're not shipping out your crops, the forge and hive worlds that are are probably gonna starve.
>>
>>53108458
True, one forgets sometimes the importance of Agri worlds
>>
>>53108458
>>53108470
And me and my friend is currently planning an a small narrative campaign when 8th edition rolls around, in that the only forces in the sector that can pacify the planet is a small Skitarii maniple, so we plan on having some fun games then
>>
>>53108484
That sounds dope. Do you have any pictures of your dudes? I'm in the process of sourcing bits for my own Renegades right now so I'm pretty curious.
>>
File: IMG_1832.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1832.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>53108513
I have some pictures
>>
File: 1474548380291.jpg (173KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
1474548380291.jpg
173KB, 888x888px
>>53108535
>>
File: 1474548670484.jpg (199KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
1474548670484.jpg
199KB, 888x888px
>>53108546
Some of it is (still) unpainted though
>>
>>53108535
nice dudes. what are you playing them as?
>>
File: 1474549851752.jpg (137KB, 888x665px) Image search: [Google]
1474549851752.jpg
137KB, 888x665px
>>53108554
>>53108558
Infantry platoons, I have 30+(Ish) of them
>>
File: 1474549937959.jpg (172KB, 888x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1474549937959.jpg
172KB, 888x1184px
>>53108568
Last I have saved on my phone of my renegades
>>
>>53108554
>>53108568
>>53108535
>>53108546
Looking pretty sick, anon. I like the use of Empire bits, gives your dudes that rustic agri-world look.
>>
>>53108582
Thanks Anon, I plan on getting my renegade backlog finished after I have finished my Age of Sigmar stuff
>>
File: img0053B%5B1%5D.jpg (68KB, 800x602px) Image search: [Google]
img0053B%5B1%5D.jpg
68KB, 800x602px
>>53102723
>Not quite historically accurate
The Chinese did have Vickers Mark Es and SdK 222s, as well as Pz. Is and a few other random tanks (like Renault FTs) It is accurate. Most of their Vickers were squandered in Shanghai in 1937, but that's the period we mostly game, so makes sense to use them.
>>
File: image042.jpg (45KB, 622x409px) Image search: [Google]
image042.jpg
45KB, 622x409px
>>53102723
Here's a photo of one of the captured Vickers 6 tons
>>
>>53103407
I like the look of your dudes.

But try to get some contrast by useing darker colours for the capes.
>>
>>53075605
How are their numbers? Seems like being isolated from the rest of the imperium would hurt their numbers. Do they recruit from the worlds they bring into compliance?
What do they do when they bring one world into compliance? What kind of government and PDF do they leave behind?
>>
>>53083634
Iron Hands successors who think the human body is the perfect machine. Biologists over mechanics!
>>
>>53111112
And semi revere Tyranids as perfect flesh machines
>>
>>53111206
But that's heresy.
>>
>>53111234
Only if the Inquisitor that saw you gets away.

Part of the fluff for my Not! SoB army.
>>
>>53111255
>Not!SoB armor
Do tell.
>>
File: 3d Guardsmen.jpg (201KB, 1321x910px) Image search: [Google]
3d Guardsmen.jpg
201KB, 1321x910px
>Just the 101st Airborne Divison but as Cadians
>Backstory is that a shipment containing grav chutes and a bunch of paratrooper equipment went to Cadia instead of Elysia, so Cadian high command decided to just set up some airborne regiments, brought a bunch of vet Elysians to teach the Cadians how to do chute jumps
>If I had any skill in writing I do a 40k version of The battle of the bulge with them
>>
File: 40k Vallis sector.jpg (309KB, 1316x1086px) Image search: [Google]
40k Vallis sector.jpg
309KB, 1316x1086px
Here is a sector me and my friends are working on. We are creating planets and sub-sectors so we have room for many different narrative campaigns to take place without much overlapping. But it is still a WIP, but feel free to tell me what you think.

Also here is a better picture of the sector,
since the one in the document might be a bit blurry due to the size

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RE67Ai1W5AaaW7PtvTocmk7UAltgxVtLCedto-XX6ac/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>53078195

> Fiery Helms

no
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.