[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 73

File: 1493507065127.png (2MB, 828x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493507065127.png
2MB, 828x1280px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Lizards n' Stuff edition! What are Kobold like in your world?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj
>>
File: erudite error fixed.jpg (1MB, 3136x1378px) Image search: [Google]
erudite error fixed.jpg
1MB, 3136x1378px
I'm a potentially super fun class that was never updated, was broken with web content, and needed forced XP expenditure as well as finding psionic items/users in the game to actually know more than a Psion!

How would you bring me into Pathfinder?
>>
We were on page 6, you dickhead.
>>
P A G E 6
A G E 6 P
G E 6 P A
E 6 P A G
6 P A G E
>>
>>53067730
Do you want anime OPs? Because that's how you get anime OPs.
>>
>>53067783
You are literally worse than kitsuneposter.
>>
File: Zethian Kobold.png (1MB, 665x825px) Image search: [Google]
Zethian Kobold.png
1MB, 665x825px
I was thinking of getting rid of Gnomes in my setting and just working some of their thematic points into Tucker's-style Kobolds, mostly in regards to their tinkering skills, with just a dash of Wildstar Chua in there for taste. I want the common wisdom to be that a Kobold left in a cage with a clock and some string will often turn into an escaped Kobold, having found some way to turn the clock into a primitive clockwork bomb before walking out of the cage and using the string to floss his teeth on the way out.

Also I like the stats for Zethian Kobolds.
>>
>>53067694
Explain how it works, senpai
>>
File: Maskguy.png (134KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Maskguy.png
134KB, 256x256px
Looking for any game, text preferred, any day other than tues and wedns, EST, any other stipulations are a nonconcern.

Wanting to play pic-related, 5-foot tall maskguy, melee combatant of some description, likely a Swashbuckler, Urban Barbarian, or Fighter depending on party composition.

Message Draknirv#4693 on Discord
>>
>>53067958
What in the atual fuck? Are R20 Randos starting to leak into /pfg/?
>>
>>53067958
>5-foot tall maskguy
If I took off that mask, would you die? You're a small guy.
>>
>>53067898
You're a psion, yeah? You know a bunch of powers like usual.

You can LEARN any number of powers though! Theoretically your repertoire could contain every Psion power!

However, you can only cast a harshly-limited number of DIFFERENT powers every day. You can reuse the powers you've already cast in that day, but once you've reached the limit of unique powers per day, you can only cast those powers for the rest of that day. This number is usually prohibitively low, so it requires a fair amount of thought and care.

If you know powers A, B, C, D, all the way to Z, and you have 2 unique powers, you could cast power B a bunch and then decide you need power H later, chosen at the moment of casting with no preparation, but the moment you've cast those, you've effectively only got powers B and H for the rest of the day.
>>
>>53067999
Gotta look everywhere, it's a hungry world with so few nibbles.

>>53068019
I would die of embarassment.
>>
Is there any build that can use a vishkanya's poison well?
>>
>>53068019
It would be very painful... for your mom.
>>
>>53067999
I think it's moreof desperation.

The only reason I haven't joined him is because I don't see the point, if I can't find games on Roll20 or in the thread dedicated to it why would my chances improve here?
>>
>>53068083
Well, you got yourself caught. What's the next part of your master bait plan?
>>
File: 2d4.png (31KB, 559x407px) Image search: [Google]
2d4.png
31KB, 559x407px
Anybody got a pdf of that "The First World, Realm of the Fey" setting book?
>>
File: 8reeret99.jpg (263KB, 704x529px) Image search: [Google]
8reeret99.jpg
263KB, 704x529px
Is there an NPC in your game that you wouldn't be terribly sad to see die horribly, /pfg/? What makes them so detestable? Are they an antagonist, an ally you're forced to endure, what?
>>
>>53068102
>>53067958
Grognard anon from last thread who prefers theater of the mind over tactical maps. Honestly, if there's a couple more people that share that outlook, I might be up for running something.
>>
>>53068106
Crashing the material plane... with no survivors!
>>
>>53068124
Dude just run shit. You'll get played

Almost all of my experiences both DMing and playing with /pfg/ posters have been almost entirely pleasant!
>>
>>53068124
I am supporting this entirely because I am desperate for a game, please help.

Yea, just go for it and don't look back!
>>
>>53068123
That is a very grumpy, rattish Fennec.
>>
Are vehicle rules in Pathfinder irredeemable? Right now I'm looking at them and they look like they'd be just horrible for a game with magitech chariots and necromancy-powered motorbikes.
>>
File: f5Q0m0l.png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
f5Q0m0l.png
2MB, 1280x800px
>>53068201

They can be like that sometimes.
>>
File: 1449533962480.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1449533962480.png
129KB, 314x278px
Spellslots or spellpoints?
>>
>>53068123
There's an inexplicable mob stereotype that's a reoccurring character in our current campaign. He's pretty dumb and lorebreaking, mostly their because the DM likes to do Guido impersonations.
I wouldn't mind as much if the DM didn't also slap 14 levels of Wizard on him. Or of there was a full on mob in the game. But no,
he's an inexplicable powerful Italian greaseball and the DM's "you'll do what I say" button.
>>
>>53068291
you
>>
Anybody here got a PDF for the Empath?
>>
File: White Glint.jpg (36KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
White Glint.jpg
36KB, 640x400px
Is curse of the crimson throne good? I need to run something for my irl pals and don't have the time or creative juices left to come up with something. Bram Stoker also gives me a boner
>>
>>53068795

It's considered one of the good ones, yes.
>>
Speaking of the adventure paths, what's your favorite one, and why? Your least favorite?

Are there any with a lot of exploration? I need some inspiration.
>>
>>53068971
Reign of Winter and Iron Gods are GOAT
>>
>>53068795
Yeah it is
Also, you cab spring for the old or new one.
New one has updated shit (including art, which is a + and -)
Old one you need to convert to pathfinder (which is easy, but you might want to not do that) also has older art (which is a + in my book)
>>
Would you risk hitting on a worshipper of Calistria?
>>
>>53067694
Simple version: Instead of having a whole separate learning mechanic, treat it as a psion archetype that can swap X powers per day for powers of the same level from power stones. Then you just need to fine-tune what X is based on level and what you lose for it.
>>
>>53068971
Iron gods is my personal favorite.
>>
>>53067860
If you do this, make sure to have lots of Snare Setter Unchained Rogue Kobolds.
>>
>>53068971

>>51362266
APs I have played:
>Rise of the Runelords
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
>Second Darkness
>Council of Thieves
>Kingmaker
>Carrion Crown
>Jade Regent
>Skull and Shackles
>Shattered Star
>Reign of Winter
>Wrath of the Righteous
>Iron Gods
>Giant Slayer
>Hell's Rebels
>Hell's Vengeance

I played them nearly in order so it's been a long time since I played some, but if I had to rate my top 5 in terms of story it'd be:

>Iron Gods
>Curse of the Crimson Throne
>Reign of Winter
>Shattered Star
>Council of Thieves

And the 5 worst written:
>Giant Slayer
>Skull & Shackles
>King Maker
>Carrion Crown
>Hell's Rebels

Strengths of Top 5:
>Iron Gods
A real sense of adventure and unique experience in golarion. The enemy actually feels frightening and oppressive, and you interact with a very unique setting in golarion. The story itself is one that I have to say is absolutely fantastic, especially for the entire last arc with the divinity drive.

>CotCT
Well written urban adventure with an interesting cast of characters. Suffers from a few plot holes that can be fixed with little effort however.

>Reign of Winter
Another sort of High Adventure game which had a very strange and entertaining second half.

>Shattered Star
Best villain

>Council of Thieves
Another urban romp. People bash it because of apparent lack of stakes. I agree that that stakes aren't high, but I don't find it an issue. It's high personal stakes low wider impact, sort of the difference between Jojo Part 3 and 4.
>>
>>53069031
If you threat 'em right you ain't got nothing to worry about.
I'd that qt Calistria worshiper
>>
File: 1491270216776.png (992KB, 665x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1491270216776.png
992KB, 665x1046px
I once had someone argue with me about how badass and effective his fighter is in combat with his sweet combat feats and extra abilities and magic gear, able to take on a wizard.

But, in the end, what about outside of combat? There's so much more a wizard can do. They can kill you without you realizing you're in combat. It's that simple. The fighter tries so hard, spends so much gold, and goes far above and beyond with specialization to stand toe to toe with a wizard, maybe even beat him, in one aspect of gameplay.

A wizard snaps his fingers.
>>
>>53069229
>Why don't you play DHB's UC Fighter: the post
>>
>>53069229
Wizards have the worst saving throws in the game. Literally every class has better saving throw support than them.
>>
>>53069229
>I've literally never heard about tier lists.
>>
>>53069298
>not knowing there are spells that boost saving throws or give immunities to things
>>
>>53069298
Aw shit! I guess that means they're useless.
>>
>>53069298
Tied for worst with all of the other classes that only have one good save
>>
>>53069311
Name the wizard spells that give bonuses to saving throws, besides haste.

I'll wait.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>53069124
>I hate sandbox campaigns.
>>
>>53069330
No, they're way out ahead of anyone who's only got good reflex.
Fort is roughly as important as will, but both are far more valuable than ref.
>>
>>53069330
Wizards have no class feature support. Many of the one good save classes do have class feature support. Barbarians and Fighters being examples.
>>
>>53069270
You got a link?
>>
File: mantis ohaiyou.png (127KB, 895x893px) Image search: [Google]
mantis ohaiyou.png
127KB, 895x893px
who /red mantis/ here? Assassins for best edgelords.
>>
>>53069298
>>53069330
Not even tied for the worst, because Will saves are the most important of all saves. It's tied with anyone who has just Will, is below anyone who has has Will and another save, and above everyone who does not have good Will saves including those who have BOTH Ref and Fort.
>>
>>53069031

That is an absurdly cute Elf.
>>
>>53069361
If you're already proficient with the Sawtooth Sabre, do you still need Exotic Weapon Proficiency to qualify for the class?
>>
>>53069380
>>53069355
Holy shit you people are retards.

So you're saying the Barbarian is worse at saving throws than the wizard? Really? Is this what I'm hearing, because I'm starting to think you guys are retards.
>>
>>53069403
If you have explicit proficiency in sawtooth sabre, it's EWP. Otherwise it's essentially just a longsword.
>>
>>53069403
Nope, because you qualify by having the "Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Sawtooth Sabre)" feature.
>>
>>53069357
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>53069333
Protection from [Alignment]/Communal versions
Stunning Barrier/Greater Stunning Barrier
Heroism/Greater Heroism
Moment of Prescience
Greater Angelic Aspect

There are probably more, but those are the ones that come up when you ctrl+f "save" on the sorc/wiz spell list
>>
>>53069429
>Swordtrained: Tengus are trained from birth in swordplay, and as a result are automatically proficient with all sword-like weapons (including bastard swords, daggers, elven curve blades, falchions, greatswords, kukris, longswords, punching daggers, rapiers, scimitars, short swords, and two-bladed swords).

Would this count? It doesn't specifically name Sawtooth Sabre, but I'd assume it counts as a "sword-like weapon".
>>
So, scythes are hilariously impractical. However, are there builds that can make them effective? Include 3PP material, if you want.
>>
>>53069439
Why would you waste a feat on something you already have?
>>
>>53069472
i'd say yes
>>
>>53069473
Scythes aren't really bad unless you're comparing them to Greatsword, F A L C A T A, Scimitar, etc.

Scythes are fantastic if you have a Cyclops Helmet though.
>>
>>53069472
Sabres are swords. Sawtooth sabres are sabres with a serrated edge. Ergo, sawtooth sabres are swords
>>
>>53069482
... You wouldn't. I was just saying that you don't need the feat since you technically already would have it.
>>
>>53069473
Be Wizard

Cast Sleep

Coup De Grace

ezgam
>>
>>53069507
>not being a witch and using Slumber hex

are you retarded
>>
>>53069507
Note it does not work if enemy are more than 10 feet apart or if there are 2 or more enemies, as they'll just wake each other up.
>>
Are any of the 1pp Prestige Classes any good?

Which one is your favorite?
>>
>>53069527
Well that's why you have a party to take care of the pests who don't fail their saves against you
>>
>>53069472
while it doesn't out right say it, and doesn't name any exotic "sword like" weapons, I believe the RAI is to just give them all the Martial weapons for classes that don't get them

That being said, I'm with >>53069485
There's already racial traits in the game that gives free EWP, and a player will likely stick with one (for enchanting, namely) so I don't think it's out of the question.
I'd would be up to the GM in question tho
>>
>>53069472
I think the quasi-official ruling is that it's everything in the light blades and heavy blades weapon groups, which includes sawtooth saber.
>>
>>53069496
Falcata, huh? Please, go on.
>>
>>53069549
I'm partial to the Chevalier, even though it isn't very good.

Stargazer is fantastic for any fullcaster that doesn't particularly care about class features
>>
File: 131.jpg (111KB, 684x886px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
111KB, 684x886px
>>53069496

The Cyclops Helmet does not give you a critical, just like it won't let you activate Vorpal.
>>
>>53069563
Being a 19-20/x3 weapon makes mathematically the best crit fishing weapon

>>53069581
I didn't know that. Thanks for pointing it out
>>
>>53069560
So the Tengu can easily become Aldori Swordlords?
>>
>>53069549
I've always been partial to entering Eldritch Knight with odd builds, like sohei monk/empyreal sorcerer or Slayer/witch
>>
>>53069598

He's only partially correct, I know the Cyclops Helmet cannot work with Vorpal, but I don't know if it can't give a Critical.
>>
>>53069467
That's actually far less than I thought and for the most part higher level than I thought. Heroism is the only actual practical one.
>>
>>53067654
Is there something about kobolds and faeries I'm not getting out of that picture, because it doesn't make sense
>>
File: 1456980924832.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1456980924832.gif
47KB, 306x469px
>>53069612

>mfw you will never play a slender, noble Tengu with a half-cape lined with raven feathers draped over your arm, Dueling Sword in hand
>>
>>53069649
What's stopping you?
>>
>>53069581
Where does it say that?

>Once per day as an immediate action, the wearer can choose the result of the die roll instead of rolling her next attack roll, saving throw, skill check, or ability check.

If you choose a nat 20, you threaten a crit because you "rolled" a 20.
>>
>>53069638
Protection from Alignment is great when you know what you'll be dealing with, and any prepared caster worth his salt should have an idea of what he'll be fighting
>>
>>53069668

Well you don't see many games around these parts still recruiting, yeah?
>>
>>53069710
>around these parts
There's your problem.
>>
>>53069681
It's a resistance and a deflection bonus, what your ring and cloak should already be giving. It only really matters before you get a +2 cloak, which is early on. It also only lasts 1 minute per level. On a whole it's impractical.

It's also not long enough for any of the really bad compulsions for the second effect, though the second save is good. Using a spell to give a second saving throw is worth it, but costly.

For the third effect it doesn't matter unless you're fighting summoned creatures.

Mediocre/10 for the cost.
>>
>>53069361
Red Mantis Assassin was such a waste of a PrC. They should have just given it 4-level spell casting from a limited list.
>>
>>53069649
Is there art of that?
>>
>>53069739
I still say it's great considering it does all of that as a 1st level spell.

If it was a 2nd or 3rd level spell it wouldn't be worth it, but as it is it's pretty solid
>>
Greentexts for LoBaF yet?
>>
>>53069756
>They should have just given it 4-level spell casting from a limited list.
That's exactly what it has, anon.
>>
>>53069598
Well, depends on the kind of critfishing, though.

It's the best for raw damage, but not for triggering on-critical effects.
>>
>>53069790
It's only good and first levels and falls off after level 4-5.
>>
>>53069809
Shit I meant full BAB, not sure why I wrote about casting.
>>
File: TytotheSwift_HeroShot.png (365KB, 722x927px) Image search: [Google]
TytotheSwift_HeroShot.png
365KB, 722x927px
>>53069784
>>
>>53069467
Don't forget Undead Anatomy.
>>
>>53069816
is this sort of build really viable? I was thinking of going hungry ghost monk and using ascetic style to crit fish with an urumi for loads of ki. what feats/items should I be trying to get?
>>
>>53069889
Fucking glorious
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/core-rulebook/loremaster/

Is this class any good? I'm looking at PrCs to take down the line and I can't tell if any of these are even worth pursuing.
>>
>>53069934
Most aren't
>>
>>53069917
Well, the key thing you'll really need is some way to full attack every turn.
>>
I have been trying to run a Spheres of Might playtest game.

It has been fraught with many delays from scheduling concerns and the playtest documents rapidly changing on us. We hosted our first session last Friday, even though there was no combat, and we are slated to continue on the 12th and every Friday thereafter weekly.

The idea was to gather as much playtest data as possible so as to assist the Spheres of Might developers.

However, we are faced with a major impasse. The Spheres of Might developers in the forums have announced that the martial focus mechanic will be discarded entirely, which is a titanic change that upheaves the entirety of Spheres of Might, since the current metagame of spheremighters revolves around rapidly expending and regaining martial focus.

A less ground-shaking, though still significant, change they have announced is a rewrite of the sphere-specific drawbacks mechanic. Since many optimized builds are grounded in the use and abuse of such drawbacks, this will force a rewrite of most characters who were employing drawbacks.

We do not know how long it will take for the Spheres of Might writers to make public the total overhaul of the martial focus mechanic and the sphere-specific drawbacks.

This is problematic for my playtest, because it means that all of my group's playtest data will be completely irrelevant if it still uses martial focus and sphere-specific drawbacks in their current state.

What should we do? Should we simply carry on and play regardless, even if it means our playtest data is worthless? Should we place the game on hold until the Spheres of Might developers undertake the arduous task of rewriting both martial focus and sphere-specific drawbacks?
>>
>>53069942
Are there any 3pp PrCs worth looking at?
>>
>>53070019
Not really
>>
>the only PrC that fits my character is WIS based
>WIS is one of my dump stats
>>
>>53070017
Why do these devs keep throwing the baby out with the bathwater and render their playtests unusable in actual play?
>>
>>53069889
Perfect.
>>
>>53070019
Landsknecht
>>
>>53070064
Is there any way to circumvent this sort of thing short of asking your DM for a favor?
>>
File: 1480117155643.png (342KB, 810x676px) Image search: [Google]
1480117155643.png
342KB, 810x676px
>>53070078
Spheres of Might's playtest has been a total trainwreck so far.
>>
>>53070194
Why is it such a mess?
>>
>>53070166
Not dumping Wis, for one.
>>
>>53070276
Every writer working on different things and stepping on each other's toes.
>>
File: Destiny-2-8.png (573KB, 977x550px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-8.png
573KB, 977x550px
So apparently I asked this in the wrong pathfinder thread but how robust are firearms in Pathfinder/starfinder? Getting all psyched about Destiny and seeing Starfinder I think I would like to get into the system to make a setting inspired by it and other types of settings.
>>
>>53070288

Just like Golarion?
>>
>>53070280
Wisdom is useless for my class, friend. It just so happens that the character I'm playing transitions almost perfectly into Umbral Agent while being a charisma-based class.
>>
>>53070290
they're shit but maybe starfinder ones won't suck
>>
>>53070290
In pathfinder firearms are generally considered one of the clunkiest things Paizo has made unfortunately. I don't know about starfinder.
>>
>>53070290
Pathfinder doesn't handle guns very well at all, we'll have to wait and see if Starfinder can overcome this.
>>
>>53067694
I'm just gonna fill in as many dead levels as possible, because that's part of any PF update.

Learn 4 powers every level-up, cut the extra learning mechanic entirely. 4/level is a lot, but we'll give him even more since that's his entire purpose though: At 4th level and every 2 levels thereafter, learn 2 discipline powers of any discipline that are at least 1 level below your highest level powers known (same rule as default).

Bump Unique Powers/Day up to 2 at 1st level and move the psicrystal to 2nd level.

Bonus psionics feats are now 1, 5 and every 4 levels after (instead of 1, 5 and every 5 levels).

And for the rest of the dead levels:
>Interrelated Knowledge: Read a fuckin book sometime. At 3rd level, pick a Knowledge skill. Any time you succeed on a check with that Knowledge skill to identify an enemy creature or reveal information about the environment (or another non-repeatable usage), you gain a floating bonus that you can later decide to add to any single roll of your choice. The amount is equal to your Intelligence bonus. When you use your floating bonus, you cannot gain it again from that Knowledge check for 15 minutes. If you pass another check for this Knowledge before using it, you still only keep one floating bonus to use.
>Every 4 levels thereafter, pick another Knowledge skill to gain this with. You can keep one separate floating bonus from each of these.
>>
>>53070370
>yfw bows in space are better than guns
>>
File: Fennec-Fox--750x500.jpg (80KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fennec-Fox--750x500.jpg
80KB, 750x500px
>>53070290

Pathfinder guns are fairly shoddy for the most part, unfortunately. However, given the switch to sci-fi with Starfinder, we can expect to see better ones in the future.
>>
>>53069270

One thing I dislike about this and advanced weapon/armor traning in general is that they're all generally better than feats so you have the barbarian thing where all your feats are "Extra X class feature"
>>
File: cayde boom.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
cayde boom.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>53070290
My plan of action when starfinder drops is to run a Destiny campaign
>>
>>53070401
>One thing I dislike about this and advanced weapon/armor traning in general is that they're all generally better than feats so you have the barbarian thing where all your feats are "Extra X class feature"
Except there are still feats you need, feats that AAT/AWT/AET don't cover. However you're right.

It's true for Witches, Rogues, Alchemists, Barbarians, and Oracles. Basically every class with a talent system.
>>
>>53070383
>He doesn't main a nightstalker
>>
Which good aligned outsider race is best in bed?
>>
>>53070360
>>53070361
>>53070370
>>53070396

Well I guess I'll just have to wait for Starfinder then I mean, it's not like I want guns to be upfront and the only option but I do like the idea of getting a special gun the way you get a special sword and games like Destiny have a lot of cool ideas for guns. That said, I'm not feeling the setting and hope the rules and classes arn't so setting specific that you have to basically either re-write the whole thing or just find another game.

>>53070383
For what it's worth, I adore the idea of high tech bow and arrows.
>>
>>53070441
Someone around here reworked guns to be pretty great for their wild west game
>>
>>53070429

>TFW just want to be a female Exo Titan who bullies the warlock
>>
I want to be literally MADE OF FUCKING STEEL, how can I accomplish this?
>>
>>53070437
Agathions are LITERAL ANIMALS in bed

Also Hound Archons if you can ccatch them off-duty
>>
File: 1493228514486.jpg (2MB, 5028x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1493228514486.jpg
2MB, 5028x3264px
>>53070497
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/i-m/living-monolith/
>>
>>53067688
Ah, that must have been in the anniversary edition then.
>>
>>53070501

Leave the Hound Archons alone, anon. They don't need you bothering them.
>>
>>53070554
You can't tell me how to live my life
>>
slow thread is killing me

I'm so lonely
>>
>>53070617
>>
>>53070617
We could always speculate on Overlewd. I think the idea of who gets in has been beaten into the dirt by now, so...

Maybe we should talk shipping instead?

Who would you want the Overlewd characters to get with, if they weren't with another PC?
>>
>>53070651
Man, I wish I could be excited for Starfinder.

I love Pathfinder but sci-fi does nothing for me.
>>
File: 1492837301012.jpg (136KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1492837301012.jpg
136KB, 800x700px
>>53070683

Even this?
>>
File: Gnoll with familiar.png (365KB, 858x932px) Image search: [Google]
Gnoll with familiar.png
365KB, 858x932px
>>53070672
>>
>>53070672
>Who would you want the Overlewd characters to get with, if they weren't with another PC?
A dumpster.

>>53070692
Even this, my friend.
>>
>>53070695
is that Crytha and Fahd?
>>
>>53070683
Yeah. For me it's because of scale. We thought Golarion was weird and stupid with its borders and setup? Imagine Paizo devs trying to write for a sci-fi setting.
>>
>>53070707

And this?
>>
>>53070711
Nah i'm just posting it because it's a really cute picture
>>
File: ___sf_wyv_37____by_wyv1-d8ljdkv.jpg (206KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
___sf_wyv_37____by_wyv1-d8ljdkv.jpg
206KB, 1024x1463px
>>53070683

I can understand but really that's all just window dressing to me but I can understand if people like their curtains with the ye olden fantasy look about it.

For me, I like the idea of a computer virus being a literal imp that goes around and trying to scam people with nigerian prince style emails into selling their souls and you have to call in a priest and a technomage to exercise it after you sealed it inside of a computer terminal
>>
Riddle me this, /pfg/.

Why does a sorcerer who becomes a lich keep his magic, even if he loses all his flesh and blood?
>>
>>53070748
It's a cool picture but I still can't get excited for Starfinder no matter how hard I try.

I'm actually dreading its eventual release because then /pfg/ is going to become /sfg/ and everyone will be distracted with Starfinder and no one will want to talk to me.
>>
>>53070795
Flesh and blood is Con. A sorcerer's magic resides in his very spirit which remains, and in fact is enhanced by his journey into undeath.
>>
File: 6isStHP.jpg (120KB, 620x537px) Image search: [Google]
6isStHP.jpg
120KB, 620x537px
>>53070796

Nah, people will still talk about Pathfinder. People will just talk about Starfinder, too.

It'll be okay, anon.
>>
>>53070866
I hope you're right.

I'd say they should split up the threads, but then we'd probably end up with two dead generals.
>>
>>53070866
>tfw all Pixies in Pathfinder get envisioned in my head as SMT's Pixies because of Nocturne

>>53070883
I honestly had thought Starfinder getting its own general would be a given, but I guess not. Well, maybe it'll give /pfg/ a helpful infusion of vitality.
>>
File: 1472105883688.jpg (210KB, 1280x787px) Image search: [Google]
1472105883688.jpg
210KB, 1280x787px
>>53070866
>>53070883

I want my fae creatures to be made in a lab.
>>
File: 1324163059259.jpg (137KB, 609x580px) Image search: [Google]
1324163059259.jpg
137KB, 609x580px
>>53070902
>Pixies
>not Hua Po.
Leave this realm.
>>
>>53070462
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VhoK9f3JbHIHBaEQ6yCR3cp-jzk0e8Luxbv6yJkrUKQ/edit

Have Fun
>>
File: po2wdo1_1280.png (685KB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
po2wdo1_1280.png
685KB, 600x927px
>>53070866
>>53070883
>>53070902
>>53070928
>>53070953
Alright, how do you build him?
>>
>>53070984

He's basically a Master Summoner tiefling of some kind, isn't he?
>>
>>53070959
That doesn't include the key rules, of dex to damage by default, not hitting touch AC anymore, not requiring an action to reload
>>
>>53070953

>Teeny little cuties who speak in birdsong and just need you to give them some water now and again to be happy
>Created when three or more people hang themselves from the same tree
>>
I heard vanilla Gunslinger's a mess, but some of the archetypes are good. Is that true?
>>
>>53070994
>>53070984
Demifiend would be a human with a unique template that's semi dependent on a custom creature based on magatama. I'd argue you really can't emulate him accurately in Pathfinder.
>>
File: MdDdV6G.jpg (853KB, 3686x2765px) Image search: [Google]
MdDdV6G.jpg
853KB, 3686x2765px
>>53071025
So we just need another person?

BYON.

Bring Your Own Noose.
>>
>>53070795
Same reason it sticks with them when they magic jar.

It's part of them, not their physical body. It's a metaphorical bloodline, not their actual blood.
>>
File: romina-scagliarini-fuxfax.jpg (166KB, 900x855px) Image search: [Google]
romina-scagliarini-fuxfax.jpg
166KB, 900x855px
>>53070928

But anon, if you start letting people make fae creatures in a lab, they might start thinking they're allowed to make anything in a lab, and soon we'll have radical animal dudes fighting extradimensional horrors to 80s synth music.

Are you willing to face that possibility?
>>
>>53071026

Yeah, vanilla gunslinger can feel pretty empty. Archetypes tend to fill in slightly better, but multiclass past level 5 or so isn't uncommon.
>>
File: SakuyaSketchesColor.png (3MB, 2000x803px) Image search: [Google]
SakuyaSketchesColor.png
3MB, 2000x803px
>>53071130

Yes, especially since the God of faes in my setting is a magical AI that was in charge of maintaining the environment abord an extra-dimensional arch/colony ship.

When it crash landed it basically began turning itself into a super tree and extended it's roots across every part of the world sort of like Sakuya from Okami
>>
>You constantly plot and scheme to take your revenge against those who wrong you. Once per day as an immediate action, after an enemy successfully affects you with an attack (whether with a spell, a physical attack, or any other sort of attack), you can force the enemy to take half the effects of its own attack unless it succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your oracle level + your Charisma modifier). Any damage from the attack is halved, and non-damaging effects have a 50% chance to apply. If the non-damaging effect has a DC, the enemy receives a saving throw against it, at either the DC of the original effect or the DC of this ability, whichever is lower.

>As a standard action, you can learn the desires of any creature you can see within 100 feet, as if you had concentrated until the third round of detect desires. As usual for detect desires, the target can attempt a Will save to negate the effect. You can use this ability once per day at 1st level, plus one additional time per day at 5th level and for every 5 levels beyond 5th.

Would either of these be worth giving up a feat for?
>>
>>53071213
>Once per day
>inflict half effects of a single attack

1/day effects aren't worth spending a feat on unless they straight-up delete an encounter or save your character from certain death.
>>
>>53071183
I see. So what archetypes would be recommended?
>>
>>53071275
Yeah, I figured.

What about the second one?
>>
>>53070651
Is there a proper version of real size
>>
File: Being the GM.gif (1MB, 370x270px) Image search: [Google]
Being the GM.gif
1MB, 370x270px
>First real time GMing
>Want to put together an adventuring location to start players off in, quick and simple
>They keep asking me questions about countries, legendary monsters, historical events, and where things are on the map, and when there will be a map
Please stop, I'm not even near that point yet
>>
>>53071312
first time you should just run an AP
>>
File: 88e0c6563888aba928301846cce802bb.jpg (507KB, 2653x4096px) Image search: [Google]
88e0c6563888aba928301846cce802bb.jpg
507KB, 2653x4096px
Would you take this wizard into your party?
>>
Is there a list of spells by school that I can sort by class? Especially one that would let me exclude a specific class?

A class I'm taking levels in lets me take spells that aren't available to my class, but finding a list of spells that I can choose from is proving to be difficult.
>>
>>53071382

Agathion-Blooded Aasimar don't make for good wizards.

Great witches, though.
>>
>>53071395
They don't make good witches either.

He's actually just an elf with Tailful Polymorph for antlers.
>>
File: 1492803069888.png (276KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1492803069888.png
276KB, 500x707px
How many kids does your character have! How many kids do they want to have?
>>
>>53071382
>>53071416
>He's actually just an elf with Tailful Polymorph
>He
>Tailful Polymorph

No
>>
>>53071416

Those are pretty clearly breasts.
>>
>>53071286

Depends on the kind of weapon you want to use. Musket Master and Pistolero are pretty standard. Gulch Gunner can be fun if you don't mind playing a rat. Bolt Ace is pretty nice, but you don't actually use guns, which some people take issue with.
>>
File: Plenty.jpg (114KB, 494x567px) Image search: [Google]
Plenty.jpg
114KB, 494x567px
>>53071436
>how many have?
none

>how many wanted?
yes
>>
>>53071465
Not necessarily.
>>
>>53071436

None, but he wants a house full of life and laughter, so when it comes time to settle down he's going to settle down!
>>
>>53071474
Hm, which character?
>>
>>53071436
None. But he'd like to have plenty, if anyone would have him who wasn't just with him because they had a demon fetish
>>
>>53071436
None, and mostly hasn't had time to think. To busy trying to not suffer excruciating death.
>>
File: Fade full.jpg (190KB, 694x938px) Image search: [Google]
Fade full.jpg
190KB, 694x938px
>>53071436
How many kids?
Three
How many wanted?
Thirty.... Thousand... can i just say i want babies everywhere?
>>
>>53071436
He had one.

He'd like the one he had back, but it's too late now.
>>
>>53071474

What, are you playing a draph?
>>
>>53071574

Amalthea stahp, you dont exist
>>
>>53071197

Huh. That's actually pretty cool.

Carry on.
>>
>>53071574

Better response would be how many does Onryou want.
>>
File: 1493010168125.jpg (105KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1493010168125.jpg
105KB, 700x1050px
Does a Lich have to be a necromancer?

Can a spellcaster with no interest in necromancy become a lich?
>>
>>53071197
I wanna hear more about this setting
>>
>>53071669
They could have no interest in necromancy beyond lichdom, but turning yourself into a lich is in fact necromancy.
>>
>>53071694
This is exactly what I meant.

Immortality is the goal, but summoning zombies isn't really something I care about.
>>
File: 1482354502357.jpg (24KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
1482354502357.jpg
24KB, 229x343px
>>53071436
Two and zero respectively.

Originally I had wooed and started a relationship with a high-level Vitalist in town, and I kinda brought her along, but my GM and I decided it needed to change due to party power level and because she didn't want to DMPC us. The Vitalist was much stronger, basically having been made as a town resource we'd pay to get help from.

Our change was that she had actually secretly been an antagonist of the Sadist archetype and was hurting me the whole time, so... I guess she took what she wanted and had the powers to do that? This implication was tertiary at the time but the GM spun it a bit. Vitalist's off being evil queen somewhere now, so it was a fun plot twist to later reveal that there are kids. They're murderous little bitches, too.
>>
File: Lamashtu_holy_symbol.jpg (182KB, 788x940px) Image search: [Google]
Lamashtu_holy_symbol.jpg
182KB, 788x940px
>>53071436
Lots

More
>>
>>53071669
>>53071718
Be an Elan. Everything from fluff to abilities is Lich-lite. You basically hold your body together with your mental power, forever.
>>
>>53071436
>Character 1 had a real family once but shit got fucked over, he wouldn't be opposed to trying to have a "real" family again but what he's got now is pretty okay
>Character 2's got at least another decade before she starts feeling anything but loathing for other people, let alone a desire to actually settle down
>Character 3 is not sure how to feel about the notion of starting a family even though he knows someone his age is expected to, he's just never actually "settled down" before
>>
>>53071436
Gamze wants to have lots of kids and be the best mom possible, but only after she's had a chance to see more of the world and had a good marriage arranged for her by her parents.
>>
>>53071732
Fuck off, no its fucking not.
>>
Reminder that if you wield a Reach weapon, there is no reason not to get a guantlet, boot-blade, or Improved Unarmed Strike
>>
>tell GM I wanted to become a Lich skelington like two years ago
>he says ok
>over time roll multiple knowledge checks for the secrets to lichdom
>after a long time finally going through the transition
>it's over and instead I get hit with lich corruption
>all those "benefits" that are outweighed by the downsides
>all that hype for nothing
>now I'm down a level and a mythic tier

I'm kinda upset right now tbqh
>>
>>53071791
Counterpoint: Armor spikes.
>>
>>53071436
None yet, but she wants two or three little sprogs eventually.
>>
File: 1493577378114.jpg (22KB, 349x344px) Image search: [Google]
1493577378114.jpg
22KB, 349x344px
>>53071720
I bet you think your GM's game room with whips and manacles littered about is was a nice roleplaying touch too. Your next plot twist is a fun one, hang in there anon.
>>
>>53071658
>how many does Onryou want?

about a dozen.

>How many can Onryou handle?

probably three.
>>
File: this is a lich.jpg (162KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
this is a lich.jpg
162KB, 600x336px
>>53071789
Let me guess, you cannot possibly imagine a lich who does not look like a skeleton starting from day 1?
>>
>>53071805
Only work against grapples
>>
>>53070902
/pfg/ will just stand for Paizofinder General.

>>53070683
You just gotta get into the groove, man. Chuck an energy drink in one gulp, put on some Eurobeat, and look at cool pictures of space ships, space stations, and tactical dude/ttes being tactical with tactical weapons.
>>
>>53071855
"Spiked Armor: You can outfit your armor with spikes,
which can deal damage in a grapple or as a separate attack.
See Armor, below, for details."

"Armor Spikes: You can have spikes added to your armor,
which allow you to deal extra piercing damage (see “spiked
armor” on Table 6–4) on a successful grapple attack. The
spikes count as a martial weapon. If you are not proficient
with them, you take a –4 penalty on grapple checks when
you try to use them. You can also make a regular melee
attack (or off-hand attack) with the spikes, and they count
as a light weapon in this case. (You can’t also make an
attack with armor spikes if you have already made an
attack with another off-hand weapon, and vice versa.) An
enhancement bonus to a suit of armor does not improve
the spikes’ effectiveness, but the spikes can be made into
magic weapons in their own right."

>You can also make a regular melee
attack (or off-hand attack) with the spikes, and they count
as a light weapon in this case.
>>
>>53071848
I can. Elan's are not Lich's though. They're abberations created by a super secret society. You don't make yourself an, Elan dumbfuck. Other Elan' make you into Elan. They're nothing like lichens outside if being immortal.
>>
When are we going to get an updated oracle guide?

Half of the mysteries available are missing from the current guide. I have no idea what I'm doing. I need a guide to tell me what's good and what isn't.

This is driving me insane.
>>
>>53071929
You might want to learn basic quality assessment, man.
>>
>>53071929
Why do you need a guide? For fuck's sake it's an Oracle, not a Magus. There are more than one or two ways to make one, and being slightly less than optimal in your class ability choices isn't going to ruin the fact that you're a full caster. Hell you could fuck up all of those choices, you still cast a lot of strong spells.
>>
>>53071940
Basic quality assessment aside, Pathfinder is full of garbage trap options that look great at first glance.
>>
>>53071971
Yeah, which is why you need basic quality assessment instead of just randomly glancing at things and going balls-deep in Monk.
>>
>>53071967
The abundance of options is exactly why I need a guide.
>>
File: Skeptical.gif (598KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
Skeptical.gif
598KB, 500x277px
>I should finally get around to making a blasty, caster-focused avowed!
>open the document and remember that there are a bunch of changes slated for the next version
>none of which have been implemented yet, and much of which I still have no idea what the changes will be
>next version is just "SOON(tm)"

Official release can't come soon enough, but at the same time I still want them to take their time to make sure they don't need five billion erratas.
>>
>>53071990
Oracles are impossible to fuck up. Just throw whichever options you want onto a character sheet and it will turn out to be a functioning build
>>
>>53071971
Oracle's bad curses are pretty obvious when you read what they do. Mysteries are pretty well-made, you genuinely are fine picking whatever fits your character and it'll give them pretty nice options for it. Most of all, just know that the Oracle isn't one of those narrow-ass classes like the Magus where not using particular options and build choices fucks you big time and makes your character "wrong". Oracle's features can all be picked badly and it'll still have very powerful spells.

If you're TERRIFIED that you'll fuck up your spell selection, pick up the summon monster line and cures and you literally cannot be bad or useless to the party. Choose everything else by PURE WHIMSY and you'll still be getting envious looks from other players.
>>
>>53072053
>just take summoning
>and heals
>Cha-based class

Well I know what my next oracle is going to be based on.
>>
>>53072080

Worst girl?
>>
>>53071834
Does that include her Gnollphew?
>>
>>53072089
But he didn't post Rikku
>>
>>53072040
>impossible to fuck up
I'll find a way, my friend. I always do.

>>53072053
Mostly I'm worried about my mystery. I know I'll be useful no matter what, but I still don't want to end up hating my character after two sessions. Most of the mysteries I've looked at have one or two things that look useful and then a bunch of things that make me wonder what they were thinking while they were designing them.
>>
File: 1493670085238.jpg (144KB, 808x535px) Image search: [Google]
1493670085238.jpg
144KB, 808x535px
>>53072112
>>
>>53072112

Well i'm sorry to say, abortion is and was a thing.
>>
>>53072089
Slander! Yuna is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>53072089
I mean, anon, your options in that game are either
>Generic summoner girl important to plot
>Aloof witch with big tits but a weird fetish for belts
>Disgusting Al-Bhed

Not exactly the greatest options.
>>
>>53072142

That girl would be a little cuter if her chest filled out like that.
>>
>>53072142
Yuna is yet another shockingly generic Final Fantasy character.
>>
>>53072141
Too bad for her gnoll sperm is so dominant it sneaks into your ovaries (balls if they butt rape you) and reprogram your sex organs to only make more gnolls. It's an unbreakable curse that requires Mythic 10-level magic and a journey to the birthplace of the universe to undo.

You also get -4 Strength and Int, and every gnoll will instinctively know that your body has been ruined.
>>
>>53072149

I'm just sayin' we should set up a program to handle them Al-Behd, ya hear me brudda? Praise be to Yevon.
>>
>>53072174

You seem to be mistaking Gnolls for Ogres.
>>
File: Chariot_(PSF).jpg (358KB, 767x376px) Image search: [Google]
Chariot_(PSF).jpg
358KB, 767x376px
Question.
I'm interested in doing a vehicle-focused Pathfinder game, but from what I'm reading of the vehicle rules they seem pretty clunky.
What are your thoughts on that? Are the vehicle rules good? Bad? Usable if you're not focusing on them much? I'd love any input from people who have used vehicles in previous games.
>>
>Duration 1 minute/level

>Drawing upon the Plane of Shadow, you shape a quasi-real masterwork melee weapon of a type you are proficient with. You may use this weapon to make attacks as if it were a real weapon, dealing normal damage for a weapon of its type. The first time you hit a creature with the weapon, it may make a Will save to disbelieve; failure means the weapon deals damage normally, success means it only takes 1 point of damage from the weapon's attacks. The weapon only deals 1 point of damage to objects.

>If an attacked creature has spell resistance, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) against that spell resistance the first time the shadow weapon strikes it. If the weapon is successfully resisted, the spell is dispelled. If not, the target may save to disbelieve as normal.

>At 5th level, the weapon gains a +1 enhancement bonus. At 10th-level, you may increase the enhancement bonus to +2 or add the frost or keen weapon property. The frost and keen properties have no effect if the target makes its disbelief save.

>The spell ends if the weapon leaves your possession.

Is Shadow Weapon completely useless? Why would you waste a spell slot on this? Why would you not just use a real weapon?
>>
>>53072129
This is true for even the BEST mysteries, anon. Though one could argue that Lunar has it the least.

What you should really be doing is telling us what you want out of the Oracle, because you know the class is going to be hard to fuck up, and then let anons make suggestions as you walk yourself through things.
>>
>>53072167
>>53072168
I was always of the opinion that Yuna had a pleasant, understated design. She's basically an ideal Japanese beauty (except her hometown is somewhere between the Philippines, Indonesia and Okinawa in terms of climate and design) who begins life resigned to her fate and performing what society expects to her. She's meek and delicate and sheltered, but also has a strong resolve and never had any illusions about what her fate was going to be.

Her character arc is outgrowing that and deciding fight for a world that has never existed before, rather than sacrificing herself for a corrupt society.

The voice acting in the .JP shows it off better, I think.

Fuck Lulu, Marry Yuna, Kill Rikku.
>>
>>53072193
Something's wrong with me, I can think of a dozen ways to make a Shrek or Smash Mouth joke about that, but nothing's coming out.
>>
>>53072267
I guess you're not the sharpest tool in the shed.
>>
>>53072253
Final Fantasy 9 was the last game in that series that I found to be even remotely playable.
>>
>>53072192
I hear you brudda, we need some kinda solution for all these Al-Behd causing trouble with their machina. Some kinda Final Solution, ya? Grand wizard Waka was the best running gag.
>>
So what's the highest STR stat you can get with first party material?
>>
>>53072304
A Mythic 10, Mutation Warrior Fighter VMC Barbarian could probably get 60+, but I can't be assed to go calculate it all out
>>
>>53071920
>what is refluffing
I bet you hate it when a Barbarian is also just a focused-in-combat knight, huh?
>>
>>53072326
Re-fluffing can go too far you know. Saying your Elan is a Lich is probably one of those cases.
>>
File: dreadshadow.jpg (171KB, 955x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dreadshadow.jpg
171KB, 955x1000px
>>53072239
I want to play a sneak wizard. I know there are better options for it, but I really like how the oracle works so I'm trying to stick with that. As far as what I bring to the table, hell if I know. My group is half frontline(monk, fighter) and half support casters(witch, bard) so I'm basically free to do whatever I want.

Important skills would be bluff, disguise, stealth, sleight of hand, etc. I can get most of those through feats and traits but it would be nice if I could get most of what I need through my mystery.

Intrigue and Shadow are both appealing, but Intrigue doesn't look particularly useful as far as combat is concerned and Shadow looks like it's got more than a handful of garbage revelations. Bones is nice, but I'm playing in a mostly good group and I think going the necromancer route would be a bad idea. Dark Tapestry could work, but I'm not great at keeping track of everything as far as summoning is concerned and I'd rather just avoid bothering my group with that sort of thing.
>>
File: Magical_Girl.png (2MB, 828x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Magical_Girl.png
2MB, 828x1200px
>>53067654
Might be getting into a Hell's Rebels game soon and GM said it would be point-buy and anything that is Pathfinder legal + Dreamscarred Press is good to go,

Would being a Kitsune Vigilante (Magical Girl) be too much for the campaign?
>>
>>53072467
Yes, because you're a kitsune you don't NEED to be a Magical Child. Just take the Transformation Sequence social talent at 1st and be a better archetype of your choice.
>>
>>53072467

I think it'd be too much for just about any campaign, but hey, go for it. Might be fun.
>>
File: BotB P15.jpg (2MB, 5026x3263px) Image search: [Google]
BotB P15.jpg
2MB, 5026x3263px
>>53072467
Magical Child a shit, just take the Transformation Sequence social talent. Also, a lot of caster vigilantes will be complete ass compared to DSP stuff if initiating is allowed.
>>
>>53072501
>>53072467
Reminder that there's an initiating Vigilante and it's pretty good.
>>
File: dango.jpg (135KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
dango.jpg
135KB, 600x848px
>>53072467
Why not play a huli jing steelfist commando and be a fox-succubus?
>>
>>53072613
>Asks about a caster archetype
>"why not play <unarmed-oriented melee initiator>"

Are you just retarded, kitsunefag?
>>
>>53071791
Haft Strike?
>>
>>53072199
If you want boats, ships, large airships and landmachines, or chariots, the system is fine for your needs. Even if you need to combine it with on-foot combat.

If you want good cars, planes, starships, its best to wait for starfinder to have the new rules. (I am actually excited for pilot initiative.)
>>
>>53072642
AC penalty?
Third-party product?
Requires BAB +5?
Costs a feat?
>>
File: Kids_asking_for_help.jpg (224KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
Kids_asking_for_help.jpg
224KB, 425x282px
>>53072416
>>
>>53072629
Fucking nobody plays the 1pp Magical Girl for the casting.
They're drawn in by the transformation sequence and the fact it's a magical girl, and then get trapped by the shitty mechanics.

Hell, I haven't even seen anyone who wanted to be a Magical Girl for the Familiar, which is the main reason to even choose the archetype.
>>
>>53072797
A Magical Child can have a no bullshit impundulu familiar!

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/impundulu/
>>
File: Kyras.png (557KB, 482x556px) Image search: [Google]
Kyras.png
557KB, 482x556px
Howdy there /pfg/ goers! It’s time to gather around and hear the tale of how six unlikely heroes banded together, and began their journey to becoming true Blingmakers!
The Cast (In order of Appearance):
Kyras Czarny, LN Cavalier – The feared Abyss Knight! A rude dude hellbent on taking what he wants, and sowing terror into the heart of his enemies. At least, that’s what he wants you to believe.
Viviana D’Apparan, NG Mystic – An ex-thief on the run from justice, and her past. Soft spoken and gifted with keen insight, she’s doing her best to keep the peace and cool raging tempers, though not above getting in a few conversational barbs.
Andrik Kaminski, LG Warder – A simple farm boy, turned wandering Knight of the Realm and war--wanderer. A rock for the rest of the party to lean on, or occasionally hurl insults at.
Branwen Gwas Ddraig Du, NE Witch – The servant of a powerful black dragon, now unleashed to sate her greed upon an unsuspecting world. Shares the title of resident snarker with Antoinette, constantly spouting caustic epithets, usually responsible for the party’s problems
Franze Voigt, LE Gunslinger – A straight-laced cop from Port Ice, banished to the Greenbelt after kicking the proverbial hornet’s nest. Keeps the rest of the party in line with harsh words, and the occasional act of violence. Bodyguard for…
Antoinette Hearthsley, NE Wizard – A waifish wizard, exiled from her homeland, and now trying to make a name in the River Kingdoms. Constantly trades barbs with Branwen, possibly in a relationship with Franze. Also, a super lightweight (2 glasses of wine? Really?).
>>
>>53072781
A sneaking summoner is actually the main reason people would play a sneakwizard. Because otherwise, people will find you with detect magic, and the like. You seem to have the general idea going for you though. You will get experience with learning summons as you use them. (trust me. Its easy. They are all on the pfsrd, linked from the summon spell)
>>
>>53072815
Shit I did not get to apply for blindmakers
>>
File: Viviana.jpg (179KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
Viviana.jpg
179KB, 500x750px
>>53072815
Session 0.1 - In Which the Abyss Knight is Joined by an Unexpected Comrade.

>Kyras is summoned to the Lord Mayor’s estate in Restov
>Given an unexpectedly warm greeting, despite scaring the piss out of the servants.
>Finds himself speaking to Lord Mayor Sellemius, along with Jamandi Aldori, a formidable duelist and one of the city’s most powerful warriors.
>Clearly the Swordlord is unhappy with Kyras’s presence here, but says little
>The mission is simple enough, put the fear of the Abyss Knight into some bandits in the Greenbelt.
>NothinSuspiciousHere.bmp
>Excited to be gainfully employed, and to have made such a powerful connection, Kyras heads for Oleg’s Trading post with a smile on his face.
>His enthusiasm fades by the second day, as a torrential rainstorm blows through; turning the roads into thick muck, and making travel a miserable affair.
>After several hours in the rain, Kyras comes across a small forest, providing shelter from the rain. However, moments after entering the forest, he’s assaulted by a mote of grey light.
>It follows him as he travels deeper into the forest, gently pulsing, and trying to lead him off the path.
>Finally Kyras follows it, more out of a desire to be rid of it than anything else, and comes upon the body of a woman, lying at the bottom of a shallow ravine.
>Shedding his intimidating façade, Kyras scrambles down the banks, and administers a healing potion.
>Silence
>Viviana begins to cough and sputter, and Kyras breathes a sigh of relief.
>She tries to stand, but wrenched her ankle in the fall, and collapses again.
>Kyras carries her back to the road, and puts her astride his horse, and the pair ride off.
>Desperate for some shelter against the rain, and a place for Viviana to treat her wounds, they take refuge in an abandoned tower; fortuitously placed near the edge of the forest.
>Out of the rain, and beginning to warm up, the pair finally introduce themselves.
>>
File: Andrik.jpg (147KB, 600x945px) Image search: [Google]
Andrik.jpg
147KB, 600x945px
>>53072839
>Viviana almost immediately recognizes the Kyras as the alter ego of the Abyss Knight. Whereas Kyras doesn’t recognize her family name.
>Not letting on that she recognizes him, their conversation turns to tales of the Abyss Knight, as Viviana bandages her wounds. With Kyras positing that he’s just a showman, living large off an evil reputation, and Viviana believing he’s secretly a good man, using a bad reputation to avoid fights.
>They agree to disagree on that point, before settling down to catch a few hours of sleep.

Session 0.2 – In Which Andrik Gets More Than He Bargained For.
>Andrik and Branwen are summoned to meet with the Lord Mayor, even catching a glimpse of Kyras leaving the manor.
>The pair meet at the front step, and predictably begin bickering. With Branwen throwing her best insults, and Andrik taking them in stride, while occasionally responding with some folksy disses of his own.
>The Lord Mayor gives them roughly the same spiel as Kyras, except with the notable absence of Jamandi, and insists they focus on finding the source of the explosion.
>SeemsLegit.tar
>The pair sign the document, and are hurried out the door, to make way for the next pair of recruits.
>Banter continues throughout the ride.
>The pair camp for the night, and exchange more banter. There’s a brief mention of sharing a tent, before they retire (to separate tents) for the night.
>Late in the night it begins to rain
>>
>>53072839
>>53072815

I hope everyone had fun!
>>
File: destiny-traveler.jpg (56KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
destiny-traveler.jpg
56KB, 800x439px
>>53071674

To put it basically I cribbed a lot of ideas from Xenogears/Saga

Namely the colony ship that crashed landed on a world and the various ship systems restarting humanity only this time it's all magitech.

The ship was ran by serveral AICs (Arcane Intelligent Constructs) who had several taskings on the ship, one of which was the life support systems.

I havn't detailed names for them but they do become demi-gods of sorts after the ship crashlanded. The nature one essentially tried to make sure the world was fit for humans so used all of her processing powers to send out her magitech nano roots into the world and create "Sprouts" that helped to encourage life in various parts of the world but doing so weakned her to such a state that each sprout began developing a personality of their own so while they are all still connected to her, she can't control them or tell them what to do essentially and various druids and other nature sorts worship her/them as gods and draw power from them that way.
>>
File: b8b8ed_2441798.jpg (118KB, 1343x770px) Image search: [Google]
b8b8ed_2441798.jpg
118KB, 1343x770px
>>53072815
>>
Are the new races in Bestiary 6 any good?
>>
File: Branwen.png (1MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
Branwen.png
1MB, 1200x1697px
>>53072856
Session 0.3 – In Which Franze Gets Her Most Unusual Assignment Yet.
>Escorted by Leopold, Franze has already arrived at the Lord Mayor’s and signed her copy of the charter.
>Antoinette makes her way to the Mayor’s office, and he repeats the job offer, placing emphasis on bringing the bandits to justice.
>LeopoldLikeWizardBooty.zip
>FranzeNoLike.webm
>Suddenly, Franze’s bullshit detector goes off! Apparently, the charter could be paving the way for a full colonization of the greenbelt, an attempt to thwart House Surtova’s moves in Drelev. Interesting.
>Franze is also informed of her second mission, protecting Antoinette while she investigates the source of the explosions.
>Like a true gentlewoman, Franze apologizes for Leopold’s amorous gaze, and assists the Antoinette in mounting her horse.
>FranzeMaybeLike?.gif
>>
File: 1492726972424.png (707KB, 947x887px) Image search: [Google]
1492726972424.png
707KB, 947x887px
>>53072816
But it's so intimidating.
>>
File: Franze.png (4MB, 1024x1946px) Image search: [Google]
Franze.png
4MB, 1024x1946px
>>53072890
Session 1 – In Which Our Heroes Meet, and Ruin a Lovely Couple's Dinner.
>Caught in the rain, and soaked to the bone, Andrik and Branwen attempt to seek shelter in an abandoned tower near the roadside, waking Kyras and Viviana.
>The two groups introduce themselves.
>Not protected from the elements by Fiendish blood, or a magical candle, Andrik decides to make a fire to warm himself. With Branwen content to sit by and watch.
>Viviana coughs up a little blood, Kyras asks Andrik to look her over, but she insists it’s not necessary.
>Viviana is about to explain where she came from, when the door to the tower flies inward, and a figure dressed in platemail, with a massive rifle bursts in; a bedraggled elf following close behind.
>This is why your Charisma is seven, Franze.
>Things are tense for a moment, before Franze lowers her gun, muttering something about being unprepared for combat.
>After their eventful entrance, Antoinette dries everyone’s clothes, and the party settles down to chat about their mission.
>Anticipating a conflict, Viviana begins making coffee, figuring people can’t argue and drink at the same time.
>The pot comes to a boil just in time to stop Branwen from unleashing another verbal barrage on poor Andrik. Partially to make up for her behavior earlier, Franze offers sugar and condensed milk to go along with it.
>The group sips their coffee, and chats about their pasts. With Branwen managing to be racist, and consequently nearly losing her coffee privileges. While Kyras and Andrik compared the weight and girth of their swords, and Viviana plays a game of solitaire.
>The conversation dies down, and Branwen tries to go upstairs to sleep, only to be grabbed by Franze; who has some particular ideas about the sleeping arrangements.
>Despite their little pre-bed spat, the night passes uneventfully. The day does too, with everyone much more less on edge after a night’s sleep and dry clothes.
>>
>>53072915
I believe in you. You can bring your power from beyond the dark tapestry
>>
File: Antoinette.jpg (122KB, 1024x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Antoinette.jpg
122KB, 1024x1525px
>>53072920
>The party rounds a bend, and can see Oleg’s trading post in the distance, and smell dinner already in progress.
>Kyras responds by putting on his helmet, and practicing his evil laugh; they hired a villain, and he doesn’t want to disappoint.
>They’re greeted by Oleg and Svetlana, and escorted to a table groaning under the weight of stew, bread, and wine. All while Kyras does his best to act like an utter jackass.
>Like clockwork, the second they sit down, the party begins bickering again, while drinking bottle after bottle of cheap wine.
>As they’re digging in (in Branwen’s case literally), Oleg informs them of the situation. Apparently, there are twelve bandits that keep knocking over his Trading Post, demanding protection money. Since he hasn’t fought back, they’ve been sending fewer and fewer people each month, so we should only be facing five of them. Should be reasonable enough, except for the fact the bandits are arriving tomorrow at dawn. Less than twelve hours away.
>The group unanimously agrees to help Oleg, but Viviana notes that their intervention is likely to draw the attention of the full bandit horde. Once they do this, there’s no going back.
> What’s this? The Wizard is evolving! The Wizard has evolved into Drunk Wizard! Franze notes to never let Antoinette near alcohol again.
>Oleg doesn’t know much about the explosion, but is unhappy with the prospect of the Swordlords getting involved, and turning his home into another political battleground.
>With dinner concluded, the party begins to bed down for the night. With Kyras, Andrik, Viviana, and Branwen claiming the beds, while Franze lays out a bedroll for her drunken charge, and carries the elf to it.
>While he’s not looking, Antoinette climbs out of her bedroll and into Kyras’s unoccupied bed, turning herself into an elf burrito.
>Kyras decides not to give into his darker impulses, and sleeps on the floor.
>>
>>53072934
>Branwen decides sleeping is for nerds, and leaves to go stargazing. With both Kyras and Andrik tripping over themselves to follow her.
>Franze interrupts them, however, and drags Branwen off to the stables; leaving Kyras and Andrik alone to talk about life, the stars, and women.
>Branwen is pleasantly surprised when, rather than murdering her, Franze offers a bit of dark chocolate, and an apology for her behavior the previous night.
>Branwen devours the sweet, before returning to the two knights, leading them out the gate and into the wilderness.
>Franze lays out her bedroll on a long bench, and settles down for the night.
>Meanwhile, Antoinette and Viviana get to know each other a little better. With the elf hastily clarifying that she is not, in fact, in a relationship with Franze; after which the conversation turned to wizardry, and eternal life, before the pair drifts off to sleep.

END OF SESSION 1
>>
>>53072951
I hope everyone had fun!
>>
File: IMG_3114.jpg (58KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3114.jpg
58KB, 660x440px
>>53072951
>returning to the two knights, leading them out the gate and into the wilderness.
>>
File: mist-xg-4.jpg (293KB, 1500x719px) Image search: [Google]
mist-xg-4.jpg
293KB, 1500x719px
>>53072933
I was actually leaning towards the Shadow mystery since you can get:

>Army of Darkness (Su): Whenever you cast a summon monster spell and summon a creature that normally has the celestial or fiendish template, you can instead summon it with the shadow creature template. This revelation counts as having the Spell Focus (conjuration) feat for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites of the Augment Summoning feat, as well as any feat that lists Augment Summoning as a prerequisite.

I don't know how useful it is but at the very least it seems fun.
>>
>>53072951

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like things are off to a good start.
>>
>>53072992
It might seem like it would be cool, but notice a lot of weaknesses that shadows can have. Otherwise in good situations they are cool
>>
>>53073058
Maybe I'd be better off playing as a Wizard.
>>
Anyone else just completely lose the desire to RP a character who's rejected from a campaign? Like I PMED HIM and everything but I feel pretty unenthusiastic about exploring some elseworld that won't affect the other character's growth or story at all.
>>
>>53073081
Oracle's main draws are their mysteries and the fact they are spontanious divine casters. If you are the only caster in your party, you will have some slack to pick up as utility as well.
>>
File: 1485253527901.jpg (207KB, 800x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1485253527901.jpg
207KB, 800x1194px
>>53073092
Lemme guess, you REALLY wanted some ERP?
>>
>>53073112
I mean, we still have the Witch and the Bard.
>>
>>53073092
Completely? Never. I just put them on the back burner, maybe joke about them on occasion, and resolve to bring it back up if I ever get around to it.

But there's rejected characters I still want to play if I can find an excuse, and a fair few rejected characters I'd be happy to play with, as well. Lewdly or otherwise.
>>
>>53073131
Oh, you have plenty of leverage in wizzing everything you want to do. The main summoners though are oracles who focus, clerics, and wizards.
>>
>>53073122
Actually, I wanted to tell a tragic romance that was never consummated.
>>
>>53073151
Oh sorry, nearly forgot druids. They are actually fantastic summoners.
>>
>>53073092
I've let some of the PM suggestions I've had fall by the wayside due to other stuff getting in the way, but hey, there's some people I'd still love to joust
>>
>>53073092
>>53073122
>>53073165
>tfw no PMs
>>
>>53073194
Perhaps we can fix that. Who's your character?
>>
>>53073194
Yes yes, tell us. Tell usss...
>>
>>53073151
>the class named summoner isn't listed in a list of the main summoner classes
As expected of Paizo game design!
>>
>>53073253
Generally you don't have huge mountains of summons as a summoner. You typically have you one huge stand, otherwise known as your eidolon. But typically DM's don't even allow them as I have noticed.
>>
>>53073275
My DM made the mistake of letting the new guy play a summoner.

Six minutes of looking up wolf statlines in the first encounter.
Another four in the second.
Would have been more in the third, but by then I'd cracked open my Bestiary and was answering questions for him.

And I'm 100% sure he's not taking secondary natural attack penalties on his eidolon's 2nd and 3rd attacks each round.

Honestly, it's tempting to point out how he's obsoleting the magus, monk, and paladin. Not like it'd be the first time somebody was asked to stop being OP in the group.
>>
>>53073205
>>53073224
No way, no pity fucks

One day someone will like my character, or people that like them will work up some courage
>>
>>53073092
>>53073153

Who?
>>
File: 1423176299878.jpg (348KB, 1241x900px) Image search: [Google]
1423176299878.jpg
348KB, 1241x900px
>>53073275
MY EIDOLON『ONI HAZE』IS UNDEFEATABLE

>>53073319
In general, summoners are very strong and obsolete every other character, just because most of the time eidolons can even avoid penalties for multiple natural attacks.

But yeah, they are powerful. They end up a lot better if you give them stand rules and have to have the summoner stand closer to the eidolon. Then they can't just nuke people from orbit while their summon tanks.
>>
>>53073319
>summoner outperforms the entire rest of the group

Holy fuck I know this feel, and it's not a fun feel. It's almost necessary, to account for shit party comp, but it's still a shitty feel.
Summoner feels like Leadership: The Class. Only appropriate for a solo game.
>>
>>53073356
So you force every summoner to be a synthesist?
>>
>>53073357
Exactly. I told my summoner this, and he actually complained about it, even noticing he was breaking the game. In the end he traded out his class to sorcerer, but his character turned into a REAL murderhobo, not caring about the adventure at all. In-game anyways. OOC they were fine about it, still interested, but its shitty.
>>
>>53073370
anonchan, 100 (sometimes 1000 feet) is overkill, don't you think
>>
>>53073356
>>53073275
It pisses me off so fucking much when people try to make eiodolans stands. That does not work for several reasons.
>>
>>53073424

Is it even possible to make an ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA stand in PF?
>>
>>53073424
It works close enough though. Honestly, people can play it how they like. Since other people still see them, its alright.
>>
>>53073428
spiritualist.
>>
>>53073428
Make your monk your standu
>>
>>53073428
Only with Psion using Astral Constructs or Advantage Guard kineticist.

If we're getting really technical a stand user in PF wouldn't be a companion class/summoner. It would just be a Psychic/Psionic class.
>>
>>53073464
>>53073469
Monks and psions use hamon
>>
Whats your favorite core class and why
>>
So I am looking at the vast catalogue of things that Pathfinder has. I have notices a few things of note.

Want to smack things and shock things?
Magus or Eldritch Knight

Want to shoot things and shock things?
Magus(Eldritch Archer) or Arcane Archer

Want to shank things and shock things?
Magus(Greensting Slayer) or Arcane Trickster

Out of all of these it seems like you would lean towards the magus, except for shanking things cause Greensting Slayer sucks balls.

What do you guys think? I mean I love the magus and how versatile in combat he can be.
>>
>>53073445
No. Its not. Eiodolans are separate entities that can be disrupted by things like being summoned to another plane. They have their own/personality egos too. There are stands that have those too but they're a minority.

People forget stands are just representations of Psychic power and exist because Araki thought it would be cooler than just drawing mind bullets.
>>
>>53073505
If you want to do that sort of stuff, be a magic user and caster, then magus is good. If you want to be GOOD at casting, then arcane archer is best by far. Sometimes a good eldritch knight build can work too.
>>
>>53073381
>>53073357
>>53073356
>>53073319

What about the Unchained Summoner? From what I heard it is a nerf to the Summoner. Or is the Summoner still overpowered?
>>
>>53073525
I am not familiar with prestige classes but for the most part, people say they suck. How do the Eldritch Knight, Arcane Archer, and the Arcane Trickster compare?
>>
>>53073529
Its actually a bit better. I don't like how they limit the summon's form, but you end up having to do that for a bit of a better balance. In general though in a standard party, they are about the same power level as where they were.
>>
>>53073544
Arcane archer is superior to all three. Arcane trickster is sad, but eldritch knight only has some kind of power. There is actually a hellknight wizard prestige that does it's job better than eldritch knight.
>>
>>53073529
>>53073546
It's better in that it is slightly healthier in terms of balance.

BUT.

The thing that made it annoying, summoning monsters as a spell-like ability, did not get changed at all.

Overall, base summoner is stronger by default but they can both piss your GM off by flooding the field with mooks.
>>
>>53073568
The thing with flooding the field with mooks, its actually easier to handle from a balance standpoint than eidolons and their mountains of buffs. As a GM, I really don't mind a bunch of summons. Especially in higher levels when the party can be fighting spellcasters who do similar or dispel the summons.
>>
>>53073591
You have a point there, but the problem is that most people who run a Summoner can barely handle their own turn and their eidolon's, let alone a dozen mooks.

It's not about what's broken or what's beneficial, it's about what tacks an extra hour onto just one combat.
>>
>>53073656
To an experienced enough player, the turn won't be too bad. As long as he can prepare his turn while waiting for the others to finish, then the 5 second rule is cool.
>>
>>53073591
I hear what you're saying, though I solved the big scary Eidolon problem by house ruling the resummoning rules.

In my opinion, the biggest problem isn't that the eidolol is easily one of if not the strongest melee combatant at level 1. The biggest problem is how expendable they are. I added extra penalties to an Eidolon dying on the plane as well as very minor penalties to them being forced away. Summoners are less inclined to send their quadruped pouncing into the fray recklessly if the resulting damage might end up screwing them over.

Meanwhile, I cannot fix Master Summoner as easily. Augmented Summoning at lv.2 without needing prereqs is disgusting since it lets humans have two other feats of their choosing. Half-Elves only get one but in exchange they get to keep their eidolon at least slightly more viable, maybe even go skill monkey route.
>>
>>53073703
Higher penalties could solve pretty much all the problems anyways. Maybe if there were penalties for being a bit further as well.
>>
>>53073736
I don't mind distance, I just hated that Eidolons would literally throw themselves into a pit of lava if they knew it would help their master since it would have no repercussions in the long run save the pain. Same goes for them heedlessly charging into a wall of 16 kobolds with crossbows standing 100 feet away.

Last one was an actual example.

Distance actually helps with part of what I like about Eidolons, they are their own people in the end. It's why I'm also okay with Eidolons being a step within alignment rather than having to be the exact alignment.
>>
New Thread
>>53074059
>>53074059
>>53074059
>>53074059
>>53074059
>>53074059
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.