[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another That DM Story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 23

File: Bullshit.jpg (5KB, 166x166px) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.jpg
5KB, 166x166px
So who's ready for another "That DM" story? This is a long one, so I'm gonna be posting it in multiple parts.

I was scrolling through Roll20 for a Mutants & Masterminds game when I saw a game called "Shinobi of Amegakure". A setting based in the world of Naruto. It's been years since I even thought of Naruto and I applied as a joke, thinking that if I got accepted I would get to see some entertaining cringe.

I get accepted into the game and I start talking to the GM, I spit out ideas for a character and they tell me that each and every concept I put forth is already taken until I suggest that I be a Taijutsu user like Rock Lee or Shira. The GM seems entertained at the idea and tells me that I will be at a disadvantage compared to the rest of the ninja because at such a low Power Level, most ninja will have a similar martial arts skill level. I respond with "I know, I'm betting on using advantages to keep up for now, and once we get to a high enough level, I'll start picking up Alternate Effects and the power gap will start increasing". The GM approved this character, and so begun character creation.
>>
Just a bit of background for those of you who don't know what M&M is.

In Mutants & Masterminds you get a number of points equal to 15xPL. We were PL 5 since we were Genin, just graduating from the academy, so I had 75 Power Points. I used a majority of these power points on grabbing advantages, the equivalent of feats, and intended to use these advantages to keep up with the actual Ninjutsu of other players. The alternate effects I intended to take later are a mechanic unique to M&M, allowing you to spend one point and gain an additional effect based off of the original power, granting you 'modes'. An example given is if you have a damaging laser, you can take alternate effect and gain a strobe setting, letting you dazzle and stun people. The concept is that eventually, versatility is just fluff, and is no better than having more standard powers. They are highly recommended for martial artist characters since generally, they're going to be at a disadvantage amongst individuals who can smash buildings apart.

The Alternate Effects come into play later, for now, I built my character. A Taijutsu user who had just graduated from the Amegakure (Rain Village) Academy. He was born without any particular Ninja abilities, but he was determined to be a ninja and dedicated his life to perfecting his physical body and his skills, which allowed him to just barely pass the Ninja Academy with Taijutsu alone. I built this character to have trained heavily in taijutsu, but have literally no ninjutsu, he could not cast jutsu if he tried. As far as I'm concerned it sounds like a fun story and I like the underdog vibe.
>>
The first session went great, a bunch of lucky rolls and my character one this big battle royale between all the Genin, a great start. We had some issues with a 'That Guy', but he left the campaign quickly after fucking over everyone and getting us all stuck with psuedo-tailed beasts and becoming artificial Jinchuriki.

The second session went just as well, we get introduced to our Jonin, we all meet up and so on and so forth, blah blah blah. Another player is mostly in charge of running the session, and so it actually goes well. But this story is about the GM, so I'm mostly going to ignore other things that happened in the game...
>>
Bump for interest
>>
This GM-who will be henceforth referred to as either GM or Lord Fuckwad-had been poking fun at my character all during character creation. I was able to take it, I can roll with the punches, but it was starting to get grating. I rolled with it until the next off-session RP, which we did to get further character depth. However, Lord Fuckwad seemed to have a habit of making things harder. Both of my genin team mates had Ninja Pets, one being a tiger, the other being an ant colony she kept inside her. Lord Fuckwad decided to hop into the chat and play as the waitress of the restaraunt we went to, telling both of these ninja that no animals are allowed in the establishment, and they had to eat outside if they wanted to eat there at all... In the village where it's constantly raining. So then of course we stop our meaningful and character-building RP to instead move our characters outside, and have this restaurant owner call insults at us from inside.

This became a running theme, with the GM hopping in as an NPC during a fun RP moment and derailing the entire conversation. That wasn't even the worst though, apparently one of the ninja in the establishment was the 'Sanin or the rain village'. For those who are not versed in Naruto lore, sanin equates to "I'm the best of the best". So we start talking as genin, my character is young, idealistic, and doesn't really have a reason to hate any other village. He wasn't raised in a ninja family so he doesn't have any stories of how terrible the Great Ninja Wars were or how terrible other villages are. As far as he's concerned, he just thinks everyone should calm down and get along. Then, Lord Fuckwad hops in as this Sanin who goes on and on about how my character is stupid and naive and how he's a terrible shitty ninja because he can't use Ninjutsu and blah blah blah, insult insult insult.
>>
Okay so DM seems like a bit of a prick but is there anything besides insulting your character?
>>
The insults went on for about ten minutes before I responded by rolling a Persuasion check with a surprisingly high bonus for a martial artist-cause it's an anime, the underdog has to be personable. I proceed to roll a 20, and with modifiers, it becomes around a 28 or a 29, can't really recall, and after that, I provide a nice big bravado speech about how I made it this far with martial arts alone, and I already proved that I'm the strongest in my year during that Battle Royale. The GM not only totally ignores my 20, but the Sanin laughs at me. After that my character leaves because he knows there's nothing he can say to a Sanin if his achievements already only enduce a laugh. I respond with "No wonder the civilians fucking hate ninjas, you're all drunken pricks!" and leave.

The GM then proceeds to take my character's team mates, the characters I'll be interacting with the most, and tells them about how they can't rely on me, I'll only get them killed, about how I'm a pathetic excuse for a ninja, and how she should never listen to me and blah blah blah, this goes on for about twenty minutes.
>>
>>53067625
This story continues, this is just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
Afterwards I message the GM and tell them "That wasn't cool" and calmly ask them to lay off my character. I don't insult them, or threaten to leave, I just asked if they can tone it down a bit. The GM responds to me with "Not everyone's gonna love you, deal with it". I learned later after further discussion with some other players and the GM hopping in that the Sanin apparently had immunity to all social-based checks, so if someone had lied to him, he didn't need to roll, he just knew. If a woman tried to convince him not to kill her husband, he could just ignore her, and so on and so forth. Because that's a great thing for a ninja to have.
>>
Seems like the GM was trying to get you into the whole Rock Lee mindset dude. You're playing an underdog, NPCs are gonna hate them until they prove themselves.
>>
So we start on our first missions and things are going smoothly again, right up until our very first combat encounter of the game. We run into a bunch of leaf ninja who are in our territory and the GM-controlled NPC repeatedly advised us that we shouldn't pursue this, and then when we asked her what our alternatives are so far away from the village, she said 'We have no way to contact the village from here'. So we head to the location to help. Turns out that this is a team of a Jonin and three other Genin who are all above us in PL. The numbers are even and they mop the floor with us so badly that my taijutsu character couldn't even get a hit on them in close quarters combat. I wanted to call bullshit so badly, but I held my tongue. Then, as we retreat, the NPC admits that she can send a message to the village, and does so. So only once we get thoroughly humiliated does the GM admit that there's a way around this combat.

And so we get to that night, where my character is sulking over the fact he was so easily overpowered in taijutsu (he's literally a child, I was playing to my character, even if some of the salt was real). Then the NPC walks over again and asks if I would like to get even stronger and recommends that I drag our heavy sled along as we travel, which would allow me to train, at least before I get a set of training weights that would allow me to train more easily. My character is skeptical, but agrees to do so.
>>
>>53067668
Now see, I'd think that to, if this GM was focusing on the fact that my character can only perform Taijutsu, instead the GM heavily leaned on the fact that my character was an idealist and that was generally his main subject of attack, not the fact I only had Taijutsu. Even if he was, telling me to deal with it when I ask him to tone it down is a seriously dick move.
>>
In the morning, said character leaves and my character proceeds to do as asked. The GM asks me "Do you carry the sled for the whole journey?" and I say "Yes!" the GM then proceeds to spell out our journey, and I had to step away for a minute to deal with family bullshit. When I return I was again asked "Do you continue" and I say 'Yes'. The GM neglected to however tell me that it had been three days double time. The GM also neglects to inform me of how my character's feeling, because apparently at the end of the three days, my character has torn every muscle in his body.

This is a 50 lbs sled, and my character could easily lift 800 lbs, and he had a feat called Great Endurance which gives him a bonus to checks made to sustain things like marches and so forth. The healer can't even help me because it's not the proper healing type, and my character is stuck being completely immobile until the GM has some mystical force heal me in the night... not enough to actually make my character functional, only enough so that he can walk. Afterwards, we stay at the Hidden Grass Village and my character is admitted to the hospital for the entire stay. I had to watch everyone else have fun, explore the city, and RP, while my character is restricted to heavy bedrest, and when I ask 'Isn't there a doctor who can heal me?' I get the response 'Well that would be really expensive' despite the fact that not only is my character essentially a child soldier, and would receive care for free at an official state hospital, but the fact that a simple healing jutsu should not be insanely expensive and that's a stupid thing to say.
>>
So my entirely physical-based characters gets restricted to bed for the entire stay except the last five minutes of RP, where I get to do almost nothing. I was about to leave the campaign at this point since I'd spent three whole sessions doing fuck-all with my thumbs up my ass, but the pretty girl in the group who was super sweet to me-as well as the player of the Jonin in our group-convinced me to stay. I stay in the game, sit through the bullshit, do a little bit of RPing with some of the locals, and the GM relatively focuses on the 'plot' of the situation. He also decides that one of the genin of the Hidden Grass needs to be super nihilistic and convinced that all of humanity is going to die... these are children and the GM plays them as being incredibly defeatist. I get released from the hospital and confront Lord Fuckwad about what happened, and this would become a recurring argument, because Lord Fuckwad sees no issue with what he did... despite it making no fucking sense. Eventually I have to explain it to him as I feel like I'm being left out and ostricized from the group when he does shit like that. Let alone the fact that this is an anime RP, and dumb strong shit is just a thing anime characters do.
>>
File: danger-Will-Robinson.gif (89KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
danger-Will-Robinson.gif
89KB, 296x200px
>>53067744
>When I return I was again asked "Do you continue"
>>
>>53067744
>GM asks you a question
That's always a red flag, dude.
>>
The next event took place out of game. I message the GM about the potential of my character taking an ability called Counterstrike since other ninja seemed to be at a comparable level to me when it come to martial arts, I wanted to take a power that would establish that my character is better than the ordinary ninja, since he spent literally all of his training on it. Since actually buying up to full cost would require me dedicating literally all of my points I gain for the next ten sessions I request to take it as an alternate effect so it can actually be useful. I am informed that the ability I want is OP and that the GM doesn't like alternate effects. I remind him that alternate effects are in the game for a reason, and that M&M recommends them for many character types, and particularly recommends them to martial artists who are going to spend a lot of their points on their physicals and have very little versatility.

The GM then informs me that he just doesn't like them, regardless of what the book said, and nevertheless, the ability is OP. Despite the fact I'm a martial artist that's surrounded by ninja wizards who can shoot fireballs, cover the battlefield with paralyzing insects, flip over entire sections of the Earth, etc, etc... but no, showing off the skill of my martial artist is OP. I continue to push my stance and bring up the fact the GM actually stated previously that he thinks my character is incredibly weak compared to other characters. As soon as I bring this up Lord Fuckwad gets upset and says that using his own words against him is childish and a bad argument to make in a friendly discussion. Then informs me that his decision went from maybe, to probably not. Then I'm also informed that most ninja are going to have a comparable unarmed combat stat to me, so I don't just floor everyone. Despite the fact that martial arts are literally my only ability and everyone else has fucking Ninja Magic.
>>
Reading this thread has me wanting to see what not-horrible Naruto tabletop would be like. Anyone willing to make a Discord?
>>
>>53067840
Hold on one second.
> I respond with "I know, I'm betting on using advantages to keep up for now, and once we get to a high enough level, I'll start picking up Alternate Effects and the power gap will start increasing". The GM approved this character, and so begun character creation.
Did you bring this up at all?
>>
>>53067873
I believe you must've picked up the power of future-sight, because that was my next fucking post.

I get annoyed and tell this GM all the reasons I should get this power, I lack versatility, I lack a way to actually display superiority of my skill over other ninja, and that if other ninja's stats are going to be close to mine-which I called bullshit on to begin with considering that taijutsu is literally way to fight people-that I should have abilities that let me have some sort of advantage over melee combat. I type out a long response, GM essentially goes "TL;DR" and ignores me.

I am once more, tempted to leave this game and the GM who seems to like nothing better than taking the piss out of me and punishing me for shit my character should be able to do easily. However I am once more convinced to stay by the pretty woman... I have a weakness and that weakness is beautiful women, I deny nothing.
>>
>>53067870
Sounds like fun actually, I'd like to play in a game that's not run by a fucking hypocritice.
>>
>>53067595
> sanin equates to "I'm the best of the best"
Does your GM even like understand the Naruto lore?
>>
>>53067668
NPCs didn't hate Rock Lee though. The GM was literally turning him into Naruto - everyone hated Naruto until he saved their lives half a dozen times
>>
>>53067954
No. No they fucking don't. I got into multiple arguments with them about the Naruto lore. They eventually just said "Well I said this was based off of Naruto, not actually the Naruto setting" and I gave the fuck up.
>>
>immunity to social-based checks

What does... what does that that even mean? Is that an ability you can have in the game?

I dunno OP, it sounds like you picked a deliberately gimped character in a party of demigods, and you're butthurt when NPC's point out that you're the only one around who can't do magic and shit. And then when you asked for extra powers, the GM said no, and you kept arguing for some reason? So far it sounds like you're both twats.

Still reading though, I'm curious how it all finally implodes.
>>
>>53067801
>>53067814
> i do this thing
> are you sure
> yes
> ok but are you SURE
> i said yes
> alright man its your choice but are YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DO THIS
> yes
> something bad happens
> WHAT
>>
Sorry. New fag, don't know how to reply. I can create a Discord group if someone else can GM
>>
>>53067870
>>53067928
I'm actually running one. I post the summaries >>>/vg/175585352

I've got all the summaries collated in a Dropbox file as well. We've been playing for a year, and the 'summaries' are over 100 pages long.
>>
So begins the next session where we arrive at the Hidden Waterfall village. My character has a session where he's secretly tested for the ANBU due to his skill, and my character refuses to complete the test of killing an old man. Overall I don't care much, besides feeling like it's a waste of a session and that my character really doesn't like this idea of being a patriot, in fact, he's convinced that the word 'patriot' actually just means 'Do anything my country says like a slave'.

This session isn't terrible, but it's just kinda boring, and so just as the session is winding down I quietly step away to take a piss. Then when I return I see that the waitress offered our table raffle tickets, which everyone rejected. My character actually has a power that I picked up-spending a point in the process-that allows him to just win at gambling. Why? Because I think it's a funny trope when the kid is a great gambler. The GM knows I have this trait, and when I return, I establish my character would have grabbed a raffle ticket. The GM tells me that because I was AFK and didn't say "BRB" that I wasn't allowed to grab a raffle ticket, and this would've been the first time I actually got to use my power.

I then object openly in the chat, claiming that this is the only time I've ever gotten to use my power and that it's not even a big deal. They respond with "Ok, but you will awaken with 0 Hero Points" which are points you earn that allow you to reroll checks, do a scene edit, and so forth. Lord Fuckwad was incredibly stingy about them and I only got the two at this point. This is the point where I openly flip in chat, tell Lord Fuckwad that's a stupid punishment they're punishing me for stupid reasons. That is about the point I left the chat and decided that I'm going to leave the game.... but that's not the end of our story.
>>
>>53068058
Click on the number at the top of someone's post to quote.

>>53068025
Okay to be fair, this happens in every single group at least once, usually at least once per person. Doesn't even matter what game it is. Hell I think it might've happened to me while GM'ing at some point.
>>
>>53068018
Anon, in Naruto, there was a character literally like that, but was still the practical equal of the people around him who had magic because he was that damn good.
In the terms of the setting, such a pc is entirely valid, the GM was the one determining that it wasn't.
>>53068025
>GM arbitrarily determines something bad happens despite it's unlikelyhood based on the character's actual abilities
>>
>>53067993
Those people are the worst.

And even if it's 'based off' Naruto, that still fucking means that there are only three Sanin. Sanin's not a grade, it's a title given to three specific people.

I think I'd enjoy playing in this just to fuck around. But then the GM would likely just label me 'That Guy'
>>
>>53068018
Deception and Intimidation, even Persuasion if you have the advantages, can be used in combat to add conditions to an enemy (deception to Feint which can make enemies Vulnerable, Intimidate to add -2 and even -5 penalties to all of an enemy's rolls if they fail by enough).
>>
>>53068066
I dunno man, I'm not a fan of retconning things after a scene has happened just because one member went silent either. He seems like a bit of a jerk who didn't like your character in the first place and was too limp-wristed to reject it outright so he turned to passive-aggressive bullying, but he hasn't done that much that's spectacularly bad yet.
>>
>>53068066
That's the second time something happened while you were AFK that you've bitched about. How often do you leave your damn computer? And why don't you have the courtesy to tell them you gotta BRB?
>>
>>53068018
It's not supposed to be something you can take, but there's an immunity power that suggests you can come up with new immunities if you have a good reason... the GM essentially just made up an ability so that nobody could ever convince him of anything.

And the thing is, my character wasn't gimped, we were just leveling up and everyone else was grabbing super cool abilities like our insect user was grabbing an alternate effect that would let her put people to sleep and our ice user was grabbing something that would let him paralyze people. Counterstrike just so happened to be my ability. I did partially want it because other ninja were still close to me in terms of martial arts, but for the most part, I just wanted to find a way to in-character demonstrate his martial arts skill. A big part of my argument to this DM was the fluff of the ability.

>>53068025
They didn't repeatedly ask me if I wanted to pull the cart, they just wanted to reaffirm what I was doing when I returned after a 30 minute family argument.
>>
>>53068150
So you basically couldn't get snowed over or suckerpunched in a fight?
Makes sense since a lot of Naruto jutsus were based on misleading a person's senses.
>>
>>53068210
Only Genjutsu, and they stopped being effective the instant that Itachi appeared and showed that all Genjutsu were 100% ineffective against the Sharingan.
>>
>>53068210
Yeah, but total immunity is a bit too far.

>>53068185
Not often, just the few times I did step away shit hit the fucking fan.

And it's mostly because either I'm only ever gone for under a minute, or because it's something that I cannot physically stop to type BRB for-in this case, it was my mother being a psychopath and going after my father, but that's personal shit from my fucked up life. Moving on to the next part of this story.
>>
>>53068270
It seems like there's too much on your plate for you to be a proper RPer, man, especially an underdog style character.
>>
>>53068285
>an underdog style character
I don't really think OP was trying to make an underdog, more like "I got my thing, it's not the same as yours".
That said, OP made some mistakes with how he let his emotions get the best of him at times.
>>
>>53068342
Right. Bumpfag here; that's my thought.
>>
>>53068342
He literally made a Rock Lee-tier character, who is explicitly an underdog in-setting. Mind you, this is even before the GM revealed he wasn't going to allow for him to gain any versatility.
>>
>>53068342
Yeah I do that sometimes, I've got a very loud personality and I don't deny I'm kind of an asshole, nor have I tried to fudge the story to make myself look like the fine upstanding hero. I'm a prick, the GM's just a bigger one who enjoyed fucking me over in-character.

>>53068354
Actually, the GM gave me the go-ahead to make a character who would pick up versatility later. I address that earlier in this post.
>>
>>53068018
Had a GM pull this on me in a 3.5 game. Similar situation to OP. High-level character, maxed out Diplomacy skill, Nat 20 roll...I even used a prepared fucking speech that should have won me a fucking Oscar, let alone a circumstance bonus. Sir Asshole noble dismisses me without a roll the second I'm done talking, saying how my character is a fool and will know better when they're older. Later we beat down said noble, and the DM informs me that his ring provides immunity to "all forms" of influence...including Bluff and Diplomacy. Proceeded to give him shit for it for the rest of the game, as well as using the fact that I had the ring as an excuse any time I felt like being a stubborn, unreasonable bastard.
>>
>>53068354
>an underdog in-setting
I'd argue that he wasn't an underdog in skill, he proved himself to be at least the equal of anyone who wasn't Protag Quality.
Naruto was an underdog, no one believed he could do shit and was surprised when he turned out surprisingly capable, that never happened to Rock Lee.
>>
>>53068354
> who is explicitly an underdog in-setting
He dropped Naruto like a bag of rocks
He dropped Sasuke like a bag of rocks
Goes 1v3 against Team Dosu. Nearly wins while incapacitated.
He went toe-to-toe with a murderous Jinchuuriki, opened up Five Gates at age 14, and proceeded to get back to his feet after falling unconscious
He proceeded to slap being a paraplegic with his dick and getting back on his feet within a single month
He then fought one of the most dangerous ninja in the world at the time in the form of Kimimaro, with assistance from Gaara, while holding NOT A SINGLE BIT OF ILL WILL towards him for nearly crippling him for life.
He can open Seven Gates at age 18. Cuts Madara in half with a single kick.
He leads an entire SQUAD of Chakra Gate users in The Last.
He could solo almost every one of the Konoha group other than the God Twins.

He's not an underdog. He's just not an Uchiha or Naruto, and so is irrelevant, along with the rest of the cast.
>>
>>53068267
isn't sharingan really rare though, like 5 people maybe? it'd still work on everyone else.

Going to level with you, I saw a few episodes like 10 years ago, so aside from what I've absorbed from osmosis, I'm not super knowledgable about the setting.
>>
>>53068467
Basically.
Using any of the bloodline specialties as a basis of judgment is disingenuous.
>>
>>53068467
Yeah, the only clan that can use it are pretty much all dead except for Sasuke and (now) his daughter.

But Kishimoto had a massive boner for the Uchiha, so only they ever used Genjutsu, and nobody ever used Genjutsu against them because it would immediately be dispelled.

Genjutsu was used about three times before Itachi's main introduction, and was almost never used after that, apart from one time that was an audio Genjutsu.
>>
There's a couple much more minor stories about this GM that I'm going to summarize before you see where this story led just this afternoon. This GM really liked to fuck with the players. At one point I forgot a pass code I'd been told three weeks ago that got lost in the chat logs and the GM wanted to play it off as my character was just stupid and forgot it. He also interrupted my character's interactions with another PC consistently, like when I was training with one of our team mates, shit would just happen and super personal moments would have to suddenly stop. This story also generally left aside the consistent mockery of my character which again, I could generally deal with, but was just more bullshit on a bullshit sandwich. Then there's just the fact that he had multiple NPCs poking fun at my character, not for the underdog qualities I made him for, but solely because he's an idealist. There's probably some shit I'm forgetting, but whatever.

Just about an hour ago ago I was about to message this GM when I recieve a message from him. Lord Fuckwad tells me that we should 'Resolve our issues' and says that I seem to believe that he's out to target my character which I deny-even though it's obvious that he is, but that's no longer my issue with this GM. Instead the following ensues.

Coming up next are some exact quotes, copy/pasted directly from the chat.
>>
>>53068496
>Coming up next are some exact quotes, copy/pasted directly from the chat.
Aww, shit, hurry, OP, I need to leave for work soon!
>>
You've got the same attitude as my very first GM did.

He never went out of his way to go after anyone, no, but he liked to take the piss out of things and not give people their moment to shine. Short version: He was a prick. He was a lot worse than you, but it's in the same cardinal direction.

And genuinely? I've GMed myself, I've probably mentioned this, but my memory is shit so I'm not sure, and there's a couple rules I've always had as a GM, and you break them a lot.

1. Make sure the players are having fun. Your job as a GM is to make sure people are having fun, and if they aren't, something's wrong.
2. Don't let your personal feelings influence how you react to something in game or mechanically.
3. Be forgiving. Shit happens, and d20s can be wildly inconsistent. Don't punish a player too badly just because of a series of bad rolls. "Three critical fumbles, you die" style isn't fun for anyone. (This one wasn't that big of an issue with this GM, it was just my third rule)

And for M&M specifically, it's a system that's meant to be wild and fun. Honestly I find your rules of things like "If you take luck you're going to look stupid" is like saying "If you play a Barbarian, everyone is going to think you smell" or "If you fly, it's powered by farts". You're putting some arbitrary restriction on it that makes it stupid for no reason other than you not liking it or thinking it's funny.
>>
So sorry for asking over and over; but is anyone besides OP interested in doing a non-horrible Naruto tabletop?
>>
>>53068565
I'd at least consider it.
>>
>>53068565
See >>53068065
>>
>>53068593
Yeah but they've been running it for years; not like they'll accept new players.
>>
>>53068496
>Coming up next are some exact quotes, copy/pasted directly from the chat.
you should've screencapped those but I'll take your word for it
>>
I wish I could post these faster, but the god damn verify system is slowing me down

---------------------------------------------------

Mhm, I was afraid you'd take up this stance.
I'll be very transparent here, it's no secret i don't enjoy you as a person. Thats a story for another time, but as a rp partner, I find you have a very skewed conception on what happens. You tend to be very egocentric. It is my job to make sure the player has fun, but if you pick something like you did and expect the road to be easy after i told and demonstrated it won't be I can't feel sorry for you. If you're referring to yesterday, what you did simply leaving without a brb is beyond rude and uncourteous. I have in fact, been quite forgiving.

I fear you and I have a very different view on things, especially according to what you tell other people such as [Name Removed] x)

The world, especially a group this big can't revolve or bend to your character. Maybe other GMs can manage to help you live out your dream of being the main character, but your attitude OOC makes me feel like you expect things to revolve around you and you aren't willing to compromise with me. Hell, you wrote an essay just to be a cheeky cunt. I know you have a condition, so i've tried to be patient with you, but I don't think you'll continue to work at this table unless you can dial the drama back.
>>
>>53068610
Yeah. It's hard enough getting four people from all corners of the globe together at once.

That being said, when this one finishes, I'll probably run another, different one. If you can be fucked, just keep an eye on the Naruto general on /vg/. I post almost weekly updates, summaries, or other shenanigans. We've also got a really talented drawfag in the group, so they also post content.

I can't give you an ETA though, and I'm stuff as it is running this one game, let alone more than one at a time. Sorry, bruh.
>>
>>53068631
> "Hey, don't be a dick."
> "Why you gotta make everything about you?"

ROFLMAO
>>
Your DM sucks. You're kinda dumb for staying in the group.

Anyway, mechanical questions. Why the hell is your character weaker than everyone else? The descriptors for powers could easily have been taijutsu stuff. An at PL Multiattack Damage and take advantage of the advantages that let you change that (which you said you took).

Other powers just off the top of my head could be a Weaken power and make something like Gentle Fist.
>>
>>53068631
Fucking hell. Use your increased strength to snap another PC's neck and then just leave the game, if you haven't already. It's clear that the GM has it out for you.
>>
>>53068627
I can screencap those now actually, I only need a moment.
>>
>>53068631
>>53068561
Anon, who is whom here?
>>
>>53068645
Mkay i will keep a look out.
>>
>>53068674
> Gentle Fist
I don't think he's a Hyuuga.
>>
>>53068691
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the one criticizing GM style is OP.
>>
>>53068691
I dunno either man! From how one post is the hopeless loser trawling out an essay about how shitty the GM is, and the other is a guy dismissing his concerns outright and calling him a shitty player...
Why, there are no context clues to help whatsoever! Why doesn't the OP tell us everything!?
>>
>>53068699
I said like. Taijutsu in Naruto does all sorts of bullshit stuff that blurs the line with ninjutsu. I really don't understand why OP was weaker than everyone else when it's not particularly hard to fluff some power effects appropriately.
>>
>>53068691
It's not rocket science dude.

>>53068561 is OP, the player

>>53068631 is the GM, responding to him
>>
>>53068761
I'm just saying that even then, if OP's player can't use ninjutsu or mould chakra, then by definition he can't use Gentle Fist, by which the user injects chakra into their opponent's chakra network.
>>
>>53068739
I apologize for that actually, this is my first time telling a story on tg.
>>
File: charuto.jpg (52KB, 537x782px) Image search: [Google]
charuto.jpg
52KB, 537x782px
>this thread
>>
File: ScreenCap 1.png (58KB, 1248x228px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenCap 1.png
58KB, 1248x228px
>>
What's your Roll20 OP? I'll shoot you a message and if you'd like, keep you up to date with when I might be free to run a game.

Your call.
>>
>>53068631
>it's no secret i don't enjoy you as a person

Why are you still in this group? Your Fedora GM has the hots for GIRL_PLAYER and is buttmad that she doesn't outright hate you, from the sound of it. I'd have fucking left and hung out with her outside the game.
>>
>>53068936
I think this anon fucking nailed it.
>>
File: ScreenCap 2.png (56KB, 1218x211px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenCap 2.png
56KB, 1218x211px
>>53068887
I think I'm done with looking for new games for a bit, I'll roll it over as I post the rest of these screencaps tho.

As a note I originally removed the line about the taking 10 because that's a whole other story, but essentially what happened was the GM was repeatedly asking me to roll investigation, I rolled repeated 2s and 4s, and eventually I just asked to take 10 so I could at least pass base. He tried making it into some sorta huge generous deal.
>>
>>53068936
> oh hey [girl player] are you able to make it to the game this weekend?
> oh sorry [shitty gm], i actually can't, i made plans with OP!
10/10
>>
File: ScreenCap 3.png (83KB, 1250x336px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenCap 3.png
83KB, 1250x336px
And here's about the point I lost my shit.
>>
>>53068972
If it's any consolation, my players say I'm apparently decent, and since they've all stayed around for a year, playing once or twice a week, I guess it goes alright.

End of the day, man, it's your call. Depends if you want to play in another Narutoverse game or not.
>>
>>53069009
I'll join. What's your roll20?
>>
>>53068936
Oh he doesn't have the hots for girl player, she's actually the Co-DM and had to run interference quite often, which basically consisted of Co-DM going "Shut the fuck up Lord Fuckwad" and telling me that I was alright, and I definitely do hang out with her, but she was very interested in convincing me to stay because she actually loved my fucking character, she thought he was funny cause I made him a snarky little bastard.
>>
>>53069019
Shoot me a message.

As I've said, I'm not recruiting now, but if you're interested, I'll keep you in the loop for when I do run my next game, whenever that may be.

https://app.roll20.net/users/557251/adam-g

I'm probably being a bit presumptuous, honestly, and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone who shows interest now forgets by the time the game's ready.

Also apologies to OP for basically hijacking his thread.

Most of my game's discussion takes place in /nsunsg/ on /vg/
>>
>>53068999
That was satisfying to read
>>
>>53068999
Trips of righteousness.
>>
File: ScreenCap 4.png (3KB, 313x36px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenCap 4.png
3KB, 313x36px
There was about a two second delay and no chance of them actually reading through my issues before they posted the following.

They also said:
"Feel free to say your goodbyes to the group. You're gone"

Then after I said my goodbyes to them, deleted everything I said to the group and just kicked me. Then proceeded to call me autistic for the next five minutes until I blocked them.
>>
>>53069055
You seem like a reasonable and likeable person. There aren't enough of those. Thanks!

Faith in humanity +2!
>>
>>53069129
How the fuck do people like this keep groups at all?
>>
>>53069129
wait the group called you autistic?
>>
>>53069129
Ya know, there are That GMs who are a bit stupid with their magical realms and slog encounters, but might at least realize they've made mistakes later in their life. This guy? Clearly a irredeemable, antagonistic, sociopath cunt.
>>
>>53069140
I try my best. It's the first game I've GM'd, and I'm using a bastardised mish-mash of DnD 5e and some wank of a homebrew Jutsu casting system, but it seems to work.

It helps that the entire team understands that this campaign is one massive, shitty beta test for me to find my feet, so they're not too hard on me. It helps that most of them are newish players as well.

But we have fun. One character is a girl from a donut steel clan (that admittedly I put into the game as a plot point to give the players somewhere to go) who came from Amegakure, but wasn't born there, and doesn't know really where she's from, there's a Shimura who's getting over the stigma that Danzo left with the clan, and is on a mission to create a christmas cake harem, one is a breeding experiment of two clans in Kirigakure who had a whole lot of expectations dumped on him and has to struggle through with it, and one is from an OC clan that the player made who specialises in toxins, potions and poisons, and is getting trained as the healslut of the team.

It's honestly pretty great.
>>
>>53069201
I think he meant the GM called him autistic.
>>
>>53069129
> How dare you call me out on my shit! Don't point out when I'm clearly wrong! You're autistic! REEEEEEE!
>>
>>53069210
oh, yeah that makes way more sense actually
>>
>>53069129
Screencap?
>>
File: ihaveahuge-black-bisector.jpg (32KB, 351x360px) Image search: [Google]
ihaveahuge-black-bisector.jpg
32KB, 351x360px
>>53069054
>Oh he doesn't have the hots for girl player
Well that's good- it sure sounded like he migh

>she's actually the Co-DM
These aren't mutually exclusive. My wife had a "hanger-on" for years who didn't take hints well, and he was consistently antagonistic towards me in EVERY interaction. Sound familiar?

That said, as someone who used to struggle with anger issues a lot more often than I currently do, you need to become more chill. And I don't mean putting up with bullshit, exactly the opposite. Cut unnecessary drama out of your life- it sounds like from your family situation that you have more than enough as-is. That's why I'd suggest leaving the game.

If she has overruling power, yeah he's a fuckwad but if she's worth it stay, I guess. I dunno, you do you.

Ultimately, living well is the best revenge. Just don't let someone else's hate ruin you, life's too short for that shit. Sorry for the blog post.
>>
>>53069244
Autism, the final response when the person you're arguing with realises they're wrong, but doesn't have a counterpoint.
>>
A lot of GMs myself included get really invested in what they create and can get kinda of defensive about it.
This guy just sounds like a twat.
Why let a player play an archetype if you're gonna go out of your way just to shit on it.
Fuck with M&M there is so much you can fluff as martial arts hell the power profile book has an entire section on martial arts power.
>>
File: I'm On My Way.gif (2MB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
I'm On My Way.gif
2MB, 320x214px
TL;DR I played in a Naruto game, the GM took every chance they could to take the piss out of my character and consistently punished me IC for their opinion of me OOC and their opinion of my happy-go-lucky character.

Oh! And the best part is that because they're so convinced that I'm this egocentric dickhead, they threatened to post this entire conversation to tg themselves. So keep an eye out for that one, you'll probably hear something about a 'whiny dick who wanted the entire campaign to revolve around him and complained any time he didn't get his way' because that's how Lord Fuckwad saw it.

As I was informed by some of my friends still in the game-whom the GM haven't really fucked with that much-that he decided to post the essay I wrote to that fucking dickhead in the chat and laugh at it.

Apparently the other players through it was well-written, logical, and fair. So yeah.

>>53069201
No, the GM did. I've got some anger issues, but I don't have outright autism. The group itself was part of why I stayed in the game, I fucking loved RPing with all of the other players. They were great people and I'm stilling chatting with some of them.

>>53069182
Some of them were IRL friends, and the others he didn't really fuck with. It was just me really. Everyone else was kind of a passive player or just let the GM pull his bullshit without challenging him. I challenged him, so he disliked me in particular.

Hell, he hated me so much when I was the only one who made a fucking Genin-level character. Everyone else had fucking bloodlines or a Sharingan or some shit. Then they proceeded to call me worse than the power gamer who fucked over the entire game two sessions in.
>>
>>53069278
Yeah the Martial Arts Profile Book was where I got counterstrike, I picked up a lot of stuff from that book and was planning on using it later. Hell, I just remembered that I ran Counterstrike by him previously when going through the long ass list of abilities and he said it was ok. His problem came later when he liked me a lot less and went to actually take it.
>>
>>53069283
>Everyone else was kind of a passive player or just let the GM pull his bullshit without challenging him. I challenged him, so he disliked me in particular.
OK so he's one of those GMs.
>>
>>53069325
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
>>
>>53069325
Oh yeah. He hated when I argued with him, even got so sick of my logic and actual debating skills that he gave me a guideline of what types of arguments I'm allowed to bring up. That was shortly before I typed up my entire essay, using only those types of arguments.

>>53069339
Damn fucking straight
>>
>>53069319
So instead of talking to you like an adult about whatever issue he has with you he denied you previously agreed upon character progression.
Fucking twat.
>>
The thing that hurts most about this is that a GM could miss the point of M&M so badly.
>>
>>53069371
>a guideline of what types of arguments I'm allowed to bring up
The actual fuck?
If it came to this kind of point why the hell didn't he just kick you from the group?
>>
> the GM will likely never see this thread
Someone should find him and link him. His shitty attempts and defending himself would be gold.
>>
File: 1425083412988.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1425083412988.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>53068631
>I know you have a condition, so i've tried to be patient with you
>>
>>53069206
If it's the first time you've GMed and everyone in the group is having fun that's great! First couple times I ran it went pretty sideways. Either your group is understanding or you're some kinda magical messiah. Either way, keep at it!

Just like sex and pizza, if everyone is happy then there's no wrong way to do it. Except pineapple.
>>
>>53069416
God I remember the first time I DMed 3.5.
I trusted the CR numbers.
That was bad mistake.
>>
>>53069416
> Either your group is understanding or you're some kinda magical messiah.
Probably the former, more than the latter. I just use the Rule of Cool as a presiding law more than anything else.

The team infiltrated a rebel stronghold and got surrounded, so the ninja from Kiri climbed a massive water barrel, rolled a nat20 on a STR test and with two massive punches, shattered the metal bands holding the barrel together, flooding them all with water, blasting them back, then using his Boil Release to flash-boil everyone who got flooded.
>>
>>53069409
Well your hint is that he runs the Shinobi of Amegakure game on Roll20. If he ever opens up spots, feel free.

>>53069448
Oh yeah, welcome to my fucking world. Put a bunch of level 2s against a CR 4 for a challenging encounter. They slaughtered it.
>>
File: formal-clothes.png (4MB, 3475x1973px) Image search: [Google]
formal-clothes.png
4MB, 3475x1973px
>>53068065
>>53069206
Posting our characters in their fancy clothes.

>>53069055
Don't apologize, I want to show more people my shitty art and get feedback.

>>53069140
>>53069009
He really is a good guy all around.
>>
>>53069474
Those characters look fucking awesome.
>>
>>53069490
Yeah, our drawfag is top-notch.
>>
>>53069462
Shit man, that sounds like a time and a half. Reminds me of the time I let my players animate "just some" of a few dragon corpses in a mass combat with opposing necromancers and 130+ human warriors.
>>
>>53069468
> search for 'Mutants and Masterminds' system
> four games, none of which are your GM's one
FUCK. Do you remember his name? I could send him a message and link him
>>
>>53069533
OP hid the names for a reason, man. Let him be.
>>
>>53069523
It has its moments. The not!Ame girl cast a jutsu that summoned a giant snake of water on a rebel that had like 1HP left, and rolled maximum damage, so I basically had it rear up, roar at this nearly-dead rebel, and smash down upon him. He basically detonated from the weight of all the water crashing down on him, showering his allies in bone and gore.
>>
>>53069533
>>53069553
Yeah, what he said. I try not to dox people cause that's just a dick move.

Not that I wasn't tempted or anything. Hell I'd send it to him myself if I hadn't blocked him already... and I could unblock him, but that's not exactly mature 'Here look at this thread I made of everyone laughing at you! Hehehe!'
>>
>>53069553
No. He must be made aware of how bad he is. If he doesn't know, he'll never learn.
>>
Would love to hear some of the good moments that made it worth sticking with this dickwaffle.
>>
>>53069533
>>53069553
That said, he already gave away the name of the group and I found out the name of the GM that way.

>>53069594
Wasn't that what he was going to do in the first place? Do that, show him up. Unless, of course, there's something you did you're not telling us that makes his flippant behavior justified.
>>
>>53069635
I couldn't find the group. Then again, I didn't try SUPER hard.
>>
>>53069619
Good moments include: Talking to the Co-DM who is absolutely the sweetest woman I've ever met.

Aside from that, I had a couple really fun roleplays in that group, our insect-user actually had a really huge crush on my character, but as per usual in anime, he didn't notice, which we both laughed at consistently. We had quite a few really fun RPs, and there was also a player from another group who played as a med-nin. He was a scrawny little kid that my character took under his wing, and they were super buddy buddy.

I also loved our Co-DM's Jonin for our team, she was a really awesome character who did really well to instruct the team and help them build character.

But that fucking GM made it impossible to stay.

>>53069635
Mostly wanting to avoid the feeling of being petty, but if enough of you guys insist, I'll fucking send him this thread in a heartbeat.
>>
>>53069678
> but if enough of you guys insist, I'll fucking send him this thread in a heartbeat.
I insist.

Just link him and say like "See, I wasn't the only one"
>>
>>53069654
I'm not here to spoonfeed you, man. Think a little outside the box.

>>53069678
Do it, I say. He'll probably find out about it sooner or later, might as well make it on your terms.
>>
>>53069695
>>53069713
Alright, that's vote #2. Or #4 I can't tell cause 4chan.

But to be honest he'd probably just be a hypocrite as usual and go "LOL you were so insecure you had to make a tg thread for people to support you!"

That's along the same lines as his usual MO.
>>
>>53069726
>they threatened to post this entire conversation to tg themselves.
Show me the screencap of that. Do it, if you're so great.
>>
>>53067595
>Lord Fuckwad
you sound kinda dreck

>>53068025
Actually asking is a shitty move to begin with imo. If they make up their mind don't be their voice of reason, they already have one of those. They shouldn't change their answer, you're just being a dick. The subtext of the conversation is
>I do this thing
>haha you're gonna regret that!
>ok, thanks for telling me that instead of just telling me what happens I guess
>oh man you're gonna regret it so hard!
>ok
>in your face! outplayed! you just FUCKED UP!
>...alright?
>so, something bad happens...
>[in-character] damn!
>>
File: ee2.jpg (22KB, 641x404px) Image search: [Google]
ee2.jpg
22KB, 641x404px
>>53069726
Worth it. Who cares what he says? He's a cunt anyway.

If what you say about him is true, he won't be able to resist coming here to try and defend himself.

Then pic related.
>>
>>53068999
This response made my fucking night. Thanks OP.
>>
File: ScreenCap 5.png (7KB, 904x35px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenCap 5.png
7KB, 904x35px
>>53069740
Here we go. There's a second one, but 4chan's 4chan. Await my next post!
>>
File: ScreenCap 6.png (13KB, 610x162px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenCap 6.png
13KB, 610x162px
>>53069776
Glad I could make your night

>>53069740
And Post #2
>>
>>53069814

How much you wanna bet this is where OP got the idea to make the thread?
>>
>>53069814
>>53069847
Yeah, this reminds of something I had with a guy who played a Bard. Uuuu... what was it again? I'm not sure, sorry.

But man, you were only in that game for about three weeks from what I've seen. Are you telling me you basically never got to play?
>>
>>53069754
As far as i can tell it wasn't even one of those "are you sure?" moments.
It was the GM completely ignoring a characters in game abilities and punishing them for something that shouldn't even have been a challenge.
>>
>>53069885
OP as in me? Nah I got the idea from a buddy who used tg all the time. And from the tale of Elsimore the Wizard!
>>
>>53069847

How fat is this guy? Just curious
>>
>>53069947
No clue, online game. My friends who're watching the thread right now are suggesting you imagine him as Pre-Shippuden Choji.

>>53069937
Oh no, I played in this game for about two months. I just don't show passage of time well in my tg posts, it's my first post so I gotta work on that.

Keep an eye out for my next post where I talk about a guy who only ever invited women to his games and had a rule about sending him nudes.
>>
>>53069937
He got to play, he just got consistently fucked by the GM. I mean, I thought OP was just being a turbo autist fag until the screen caps. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some exaggeration still, but even if only half of what he said it true that GM is fucking shit.

>>53069944
>make better system
>ask friends to play
>ask qt3.14 to GM
>???????
>win
>>
>>53068419
>Ring thats immune to all types of influence
I love the idea of that, it just has to be utilised in a different fashion to be interesting.
>Pc's try lying to a powerful and influential npc, only to fail every attempt
>Leave clues for the pcs suggesting that the Npc is wielding a ring that alerts him to any bullshittery.
>Give the option for the Pcs to learn how to tamper with the ring, with the right amount of magical influence on it from a pc, they can tamper the ring to give out false alerts or ot alert when lies are being given
>>
>>53069993
Alright then. I guess it makes sense now that I took a closer look at things, the GM had like 10 players in there. Man, that makes the situation even worse.
>>
>>53069993
>I talk about a guy who only ever invited women to his games and had a rule about sending him nudes.
Please tell me this was at least an erp game?
>>
>>53070030
We ran all on different days so it wasn't as bad, we ran in four-person groups to make things easier.

>>53070045
It was.

>>53069999
Well I'm glad my screencaps changed your mind.
>>
>>53070084
I guess it being an erp game makes it a little better.
Not by much but just a little.
>>
>>53069944
>uses logical arguments
>Has read the story that went above two Hendersons
>Delivers screencaps

OP, you're a pretty swell guy.
>>
>>53070084
Come on, you can't be such a newfag as to not understand that "pics or it didn't happen". You provided pics.
>>
>>53070106
Oh yeah he was a fucking pig.

I could talk more about him here, or should I give this disgusting fat piece of shit his own thread?

>>53070117
And you're a great Anon, Anon!
>>
>>53069678
Send it. I came to this thread for pettiness, I won't judge you. Also I want to see if he'll try to tell his side.
>>
>>53070145
That's partly leftover from my days of using debate forums, and the fact someone requested screencaps.

For the most part I didn't grab screencaps because a lot of our arguments got washed way back into the chatlog, luckily I could get what I did post pretty easily.
>>
>>53070117
> went above two Hendersons
Two Hendersons derails the entire game insomuch as it never really dies, but it also can't continue to be played.

OP just left the game, but I assume it's still going.
>>
>>53070146
I'm down for a thread on that particular guy. I wanna see if we can lure him into it
>>
>>53070207
> read the story
Pay attention, man.
>>
>>53070237
Shit, my bad. I read what you wrote but I think I just misunderstood.
>>
>>53067379
You come off as a bit of a That Guy, and this is told from your perspective so you're probably even worse in reality.
>>
>>53069269
I missed this post before, but I was already kicked from this game. I do try my best to cut drama out of my life, but I was just genuinely hoping that either Lord Fuckwad would chill or that Pretty Girl could keep him under control.

My original post for this thread actually included "Do you ever get kicked from a game, but you go 'Man this feels great'?"
>>
>>53070380
Yeah nah, you can see for yourself how much of an asshole the GM is. OP is perfectly justified.
>>
>>53070380
In what way?
>>
>>53070380
I don't know man the screenshots don't really mesh with what you're saying.
While OP is no saint the GM comes of as a raging tool.
>>
>>53070380
The OP responded as a normal person would for a person shitting on them, going back on their word for no reason, actively attempting to stop them performing as their character would, and punishing them for attempting to role-play and build character depth.
>>
>>53069474
Does the ice-looking one need the eyebrows to keep his face warm?
>>
>>53070418
>>53070472
Not that guy, but OP isn't without faults, and is a component in this conflict.
I have no reason to really consider anything he said a lie, so the DM appears to be an equal or more of an asshat.
Consider that OP has a temper, baggage, and at times would disappear for up to half an hour in a session.
That's a pain to have in an online session.
>>
>>53070519
I'm not saying OP is completely innocent. I believe, almost regardless of events, hitting three letters should almost always be possible.

That being said, I - and other members of my game - sometimes disappear without explanation. The rest of us don't get salty, we just accept that it's a thing that happens sometime. I fell back asleep when I was meant to run and didn't wake up for another hour and a half. One of the players just conked out midway through a fight because it was like 3am for them. It's not a huge deal.
>>
>>53069678
I say do it.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (71KB, 611x837px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
71KB, 611x837px
>>53069678
DO IT.
>>
>>53070519
I only ever disappeared for half an hour once or twice, but it was for good reason both times. Aside from that I just stepped away to take a piss or stuff like that. Nobody needs to know the pattern of my bladder movements.

Other than that yeah I've got a temper. Generally I was rather polite, I never actually insulted that GM until the final screenshot, I just challenged their declarations a whole lot.

Baggage? Absolutely. Yeah.

>>53070545
Hitting three letters?
>>
>>53070380
I think Lord Fuckwad found the thread.
>>
>>53070578
brb
>>
>>53070519
Thing is the op faults are pretty minor.
I mean fuck as someone who runs M&M pretty regularly the GMs unwillingness to re fluff powers for martial arts begs the question as to why he was even running the system.
There is no reason for a martial arts focused character to not be on par with other characters in combat.
Less versatile but when it comes to dishing out the hurt just as good.
>>
File: 1444009518522.jpg (29KB, 652x457px) Image search: [Google]
1444009518522.jpg
29KB, 652x457px
>>53069847
>uses reddit
>>
> hey i want to run a game in this universe
> sounds good can i do this thing that makes sense in-universe
> no
> why
> i don't understand how the in-game universe works
Why do people do this
>>
>>53070593
That was one of my biggest complaints, M&M is a system all about building the character you want and this GM hated it. I dunno if you missed it, but they also deemed that anyone who uses the luck advantage has to look stupid in order for their luck to work.
>>
disregard that i suck cocks
>>
>>53070614
Same reason people do a lot of dumb shit.
Because they are dumb.
>>
>>53070619
>but they also deemed that anyone who uses the luck advantage has to look stupid in order for their luck to work.
I think that was a disadvantage in the 2e anime supplement.
>>
>>53070636
Yeah but like the GM not only didn't seem to know the rules within the Narutoverse itself, but he didn't seem to enjoy the fact that the GAME HE CHOSE TO RUN was set in the Narutoverse.
>>
>>53070655
I don't think you get how dumb people can get.
>>
File: there-was-an-attempt.png (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
there-was-an-attempt.png
29KB, 480x480px
>>53070630
> Spoofs OP to troll.
> Noshift fag.
> Real OP posts in proper goddamn English.
>>
>>53070673
I've read a lot of 'That Guy/That GM' threads, but I've never had to actually deal with any of them.

Then again, there was one player in another Naruto game that never got off the ground that wanted to play a not!ninja who could use jutsu, but not normal ninjutsu, as she was a shrine maiden that was so superior to everyone she, in the player's words, wouldn't care if she was raped, because that's just physical abuse and she thinks she's a demigod or something. She had 1AC and basically was a 'psh, nothing personell, kid' type character without any type of strength to back it up, and her entire game play was hoping for some other character to IC like her and offer to tank for her.
>>
>>53068066
Maybe you should learn the irl jutsu "jarate"

>>53068419
At least you got to keep the ring and turn it around on him. If it's artifact-based I think that's a lot more fair, especially since once your party pushes his shit in you get something very valuable for a charisma-based character out of it. I wouldn't say that I don't think that's bad at all, as it's still a ridiculous artifact to even exist in-context ("this ring is enchanted to make it so I never listen to reason"), but it sounds like he just did something a little hammy rather than outright That Guyish.

>>53068631
Go to settings at the bottom of the page and turn on legacy captcha m'dude.
>mhm
>I don't enjoy you
>conception
>uncourteous
>revolve to
>just that overall grammar
>"you wrote an essay" at the end of a message of roughly equal length
oh god he's one of THOSE assholes, who assumes a condescending posture and whips out the 6 big words he thinks he knows but uses awkwardly at best at the first sign of hostility. Like you said you might be a twat too but fuck that guy. Can't stand morons who think they're great intellects.

and then OF COURSE he calls YOU autistic, lmao

>>53069413
It's a shame he probably didn't realise he was making a godtier play on words because he's a retarded jackass.
>>
>>53070630
GM come on now
>>
>>53070655
>but he didn't seem to enjoy the fact that the GAME HE CHOSE TO RUN was set in the Narutoverse
More like he just said that bit about it not actually being in the Narutoverse as a way to dismiss OP's superior knowledge of the lore. He probably still considered it to be set there.
>>
>>53070724
Nevermind it seems you are acquainted with how dumb people can get.
>>
>>53070744
This was an online text game, dude.
>>
>>53070710
Dog no offence but how new are you? That's a bonerfied classic 4chan maymay right there.
>>
>>53070776
In response to what, jarate? Dude, gross, I would never suggest pissing in a jar if you were actually gaming in-person. It's ONLY reasonable while playing an online text game.
>>
>>53070769
I kinda want to join it just to fuck with the GM. Wouldn't want to impose on the other players though.
>>
>>53070807
>not establishing dominance
>>
>>53070380
Provide an argument
>>
>>53070822
In that case you just piss on the GM.
>>
>>53070822
> hey /tg/ i took your advice to establish dominance
> i went to the gm's house, raped his mother, stabbed his dad, and slammed his head into a wall until he fell unconscious
> i'm now in jail
> what do
>>
>>53071001
Rinse and repeat
>>
>>53071001
Do it to the GW (gaol warden), you'll continue being sent up the chain of command.

Soon you'll be pissing on GH (NWO Grand Hierophant) and get sent to piss on G-D (god).

Trust me dude this'll work
>>
>>53069283
I would love to know what his response to the group telling him they agreed with you was.
>>
A few posts in and you really just sound like a bit of a fag so far, OP.

You purposefully joined the game just to see some cringe but then end up getting salty because the real ninja look down on you. And you don't even Rock Lee it just bearing it and telling them its just your ninja way.

Everyone hated Naruto too and you couldn't follow that example. What a chump.
>>
>>53071228
t. Lord Fuckwad
>>
>>53071248
Try rereading the post, friend.
>>
>>53067379

I haven't read it in full, but you sound like a degenerate weaboo, so you deserve whatever bad things happened to you.
>>
File: blushing.jpg (2MB, 2939x3966px) Image search: [Google]
blushing.jpg
2MB, 2939x3966px
>>53069513
Th-thanks senpai...

>>53069490
Thanks, man. I've never drawn much animu before so it's taken time getting used to it. Still improving slowly.

>>53070508
He's actually the one with boil release. Eyebrows are supposed to look like the squiggly onsen symbol. They were more wavy at one point but he looked way too scary for a little kid.
>>
>>53067379
Op, you're a fag, but that GM sounds like he's 100% a dick.
>>
>>53071293
t. Lord Fuckwad
>>
>>53068880

OP, invite us to the Discord.

I want to have fun.
>>
>>53071368
Already got banned, can't.

>>53071310
I would actually love to see more of your artwork, you look like a great artist.
>>
>>53071397

Well, how did you get the link before?

Odds are, he has it set to never expire.

Or just ask the girl to generate a link.
>>
>>53071421
Not a terrible idea... but I also don't wanna be a 'That Guy'
>>
>>53071450

Why? What do you literally have to lose? He kicked you out, and while I think you're being a whiny bitch about it, you posted it on 4chan, and I'm sufficiently jaded, bored, and petty enough to go and be obnoxious at some random strangers.
>>
>>53071478
It would probably look bad to the fellow players, who he's friendly with. Don't burn bridges when you'll catch your own shit on fire too.
>>
>>53069055
>Occasionally used to try and talk about UNS on /v/
>The few times it isn't just "sage for narushit" and page 10'd the thread immediately becomes anime story discussion
>Years later it becomes a thing on /vg/
>Pass on it because I don't have my old friends to play with anymore so haven't bought the new games/consoles
>It was running ninja tabletop this whole time

You bastards
>>
>>53071228
>You purposefully joined the game just to see some cringe but then end up getting salty
This is a really good point actually though from later posts I think OP was just doing the "n-not that I like naruto, s-since it's a gateway anime of the worst variety" thing to save face, it seems like he's genuinely interested in a naruto tabletop
>>
>>53071478
Perhaps, but I told this story because I thought it'd be entertaining. I'm not petty enough to fuck over the group that I actually enjoyed.

>>53071504
That.
>>
>>53071511
The /vg/ thread is just a Naruto thread because there's no /Anime General/ board. The game itself is rarely discussed anymore.
>>
>>53071513
I said it as a joke for the most part, but yeah, I was genuinely interested in playing a Naruto tabletop. It was fun as fuck aside from the GM.
>>
>>53071513
>>53071536
The thing about Naruto is that it's actually a pretty fun setting with some fun characters, but Kishimoto is so fucking awful at writing it. Naruto peaked on the first arc with Zabuza and Haku.
>>
>>53067401
>A Taijutsu user who had just graduated from the Amegakure (Rain Village) Academy. He was born without any particular Ninja abilities, but he was determined to be a ninja and dedicated his life to perfecting his physical body and his skills, which allowed him to just barely pass the Ninja Academy with Taijutsu alone. I built this character to have trained heavily in taijutsu, but have literally no ninjutsu, he could not cast jutsu if he tried. As far as I'm concerned it sounds like a fun story and I like the underdog vibe.
So, you built Rock Lee?
I mean Rock Lee is the best character in Naruto but that's pretty damn blatant.
>>
>>53070710

Spoofing the OP while posting "disregard that i suck cocks" is one of the oldest 4chan memes in existence. It's up there with Cockmongler and Longcat.
>>
>>53071555
Nah, it was good until the Sasuke Retrieval Arc. So...the end of Part I, I guess? Well, I suppose it started going downhill when Sasuke made the decision to leave.

Gaara teaming up with Lee to fight Kimimaro was fucking sick though.
>>
>>53071576
Sort of, my character had a different backstory, he was the son of one of the more influential civilian politicians and had a different set of ideals, he wasn't all about 'THE POWER OF YOUTH' or anything, he was much more focused on just being one of the best ninja.

>>53071640
Agreed, that was an awesome fucking scene.
>>
>>53071640
The Chunin exams and fighting the Sound Four were good. Everything after that went from meh to shit.

When I said Naruto peaked at the Water mission, I meant that it was the best.
>>
>>53071576
Two paths are allowed to diverge in a wood, anon.
Just because they have similar identical starts, doesn't mean they'll be the same character- just the same archetype.

Or maybe he just wanted to play not!RockLee which I honestly don't see a problem with, either.
>>
>>53071248
No, but the fact OP gave him such a moniker is a little telling.

It does seem like there is more to the story, reading through those screencaps too. It sounds like two people had beef. The GM doesn't even come off as that bad, he takes time to give out a measured response and admits right off the bat that he doesn't like OP. Meanwhile OP goes on a big rant and swears constantly at the guy, considers him a hypocrite for not being able to take what he gives out it whilst in the middle of meltdown mode over his Naruto roleplay which he partly joined "just to see how cringe it would be". That immediately sets off some bells that hints he may have gone in feeling like a superior 'deal's roleplayer. Not to mention the GM mentions the guy has some kind of disorder, which was either the GM just being insulting or hints that its come up previously - probably via OOC discussion with the co-DM. Add on that the OP mentions having to suddenly ditch the keyboard because of a psychotic household and its clear shit goes much, much deeper than just a shit GM.

I'm of the opinion (based on what knowledge we have anyway) that you could probably have a good time with both "Lord Fuckwad" and OP, just probably not together.
>>
>>53071690
>Or maybe he just wanted to play not!RockLee which I honestly don't see a problem with, either.
Well course you don't see a problem with it you're not an ass hat GM.
>>
>>53071704
That's why I wish he could have Lord Fuckwad here so he can tell his side of the story.
>>
File: waniko all sketches.jpg (4MB, 1990x2882px) Image search: [Google]
waniko all sketches.jpg
4MB, 1990x2882px
>>53071397
I'll post more on their behalf. They'll post their other stuff soon.

But yeah, all the player portraits and some NPC portraits were done by the resident drawfag. This is basically a sketch page while they were figuring out how their character should look. This is obviously the Ame girl.
>>
>>53071704
>The GM doesn't even come off as that bad

"I'll be very transparent here, it's no secret i don't enjoy you as a person."
>>
>>53071704
>The GM doesn't even come off as that bad
Yes he does.
The fucker was unwilling to refluff powers for martial arts in M&M a game based around refluffing generic powers with descriptors.
This was after he had already agreed to do as such.
That makes him an ass deserving of a insulting nickname.
>>
>>53071754
>he takes time to give out a measured response and admits right off the bat that he doesn't like OP.
>>
>>53071773
Then why the fuck didn't he just say "Look, I don't think you're fitting in with the group and the way I'm running the game, I don't think you're having fun, do you think you should find another group?"
>>
>>53071754
Exactly. No passive aggressive bullshit (at least this time). He lays it out like it is.

It's not a sin to dislike someone, OP clearly does not like the GM either and has internalized a pretty strong hatred of him. I can understand OP was frustrated and venting, but I can also understand someone reading this shit >>53068999 coming at them and just firing back with the equivalent of >(You)
>>
>>53071773
>Spends literally the entire game targeting OP's character and only admits that he dislikes him as a person when confronted about it

>measured response and admits right off the bat
>>
>>53071821
Either he's the OP's GM or he is from the same shit GM mold and he has to defend his own kind.
>>
>>53071808
If the GM doesn't like the OP as a person, and if he wasn't an autistic manchild, he had two options:
1) Ask OP to leave, as he wasn't meshing well with the game
2) Separate the player and the character, and treat the character with respect, irrespective of the player

It's not hard.
>>
>>53071808
>It's not a sin to dislike someone
It isn't, but it is a dick move to only express this through insulting the guys character until confronted. It's petty and childish.
>>
>>53071873
> can't do anything to the person
> takes it out on a fictional construct
Just how petty IS GM, anyway?
>>
>>53071873
Top that off with denying previously agreed upon mechanical character progression and i don't really see how you can side with the GM.
>>
>>53071890
This kinda stuff is depressingly common.
A lot of GMs use the game to power trip.
It's why I don't play with people I wouldn't hang out with outside of the game.
>>
>>53071808
Except this was the only time he ever actually admitted he disliked me, and it was only after multiple open fights. Before that he danced around the fact pretty often.

His 'Measured response' included calling me egocentric and berating me. I hadn't insulted him all game, I'd been as polite as I could've been, I fucking earned that and if you disagree, well you can suck my dick too.
>>
>>53071797
>>53071821
Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just pointing out what the guy said.
>>
>>53071846
No, I'm just making sure I don't go in assuming OPs version is the end of the truth and trying to understand things from the GMs perspective too. Because if you compare those two screenshots, the GM is the one who is clearly being more levelheaded and honest - even if he is a weaker DM than OP, which is probably true.

Personally, though I haven't read or played M&M, I'm a fan of that kind of taijutsu concept shit. The GM has definitely failed the player here but OP is absolutely no saint either.
>>
>>53071917
> tfw I would legitimately buy all my players a round because they're 10/10
I'm amazed, considering we play online, and I found every single one from 4chan
>>
>>53071939
The GM may have been more level headed, but he was just as insulting and significantly more arrogant.

Mind you, OP only resorted to insults at the very end, while the GM had been insulting him through his character and then insulting his concerns for the entire game.
>>
>>53071861

This.
>>
>>53071924
See dude, this is what I mean.

I've come in here saying "Well now, hang on a second" and you've already resorted to telling me to suck your dick because I disagree.

It's the kind of thing that is going to cause people to butt heads and start a feedback of negativity. It seems the game has been running for quite some time, which is plenty enough for sour feelings like that to stew and build up until you end up with that kind of exit.
>>
File: karn.png (34KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
karn.png
34KB, 128x128px
>>53071939
The GM was dicking over a player over some 'potentially unknown' slights?
That's the version you're going with?
>>
>>53071995
There are always two sides to every story.
>>
>>53071995
I don't know what you're referring to with those quotes
>>
>>53067379

I've read many, many That Guy stories, and this guy is probably the biggest cock I've ever seen in any of them. That's an incredible achievement, and I applaud you for tolerating it as long as you did.
>>
>>53071995
Not him but it's possible that OP exxagerated some incidents and that the GM's accusations about OP trying to be an animuh main character and get strong despite having an intentionally weak build were right.
I mean, reading the story I want to side with OP but in the end that's his version. If you ask the GM he will probably tell a different story.
>>
>>53071994
Not because you disagree, but because you seem to be insinuating that I was in the wrong simply because I was less level-headed. Just because I'm a dick in my final response to them doesn't suddenly mean I'm in the wrong, it means I have no more patience to be polite. My first response to them was very level-headed and calm, just calmly telling them how I think a GM should act and that they've failed in this. It's only once they become arrogant and rude that I finally flip my shit.
>>
>>53072029
There is much worse than this over in the current That Guy thread.
>>
>>53072012
>Surely the guy who pettily kept out of character issues in character, was a blatant hypocrite, actively ignored a character's mechanical abilities to punish him, and brought up someone's "condition" in an argument must be the true victim!
>>
>>53072052
Yeah, the GM would probably point to something like the essay I wrote and make fun of me for making a logical argument after he decided I was wrong, because that's the kinda shit he was talking about and because I was told that's exactly what he was doing once I left.

Besides, if I wanted to exaggerate, I would've taken out the parts where I looked like an asshole.
>>
>>53072060
where?
>>
>>53071704
Lord Fuckwad does come off as that bad. He might not be as bad to me if I didn't rustle him like OP did with the incredibly rude crimes of calling bullshit and having a character that the GM doesn't like, but that doesn't change the fact that Lord Fuckwad was indeed a fuckwad and that if I were in a game with these two I would be inclined to side with OP.
>>
>>53072052
>If you ask the GM he will probably tell a different story.

>Officer! Please help! I've been shot and my wallet was stolen.
>Whoah there. What about his side of the story? Couldn't you be at fault here?
>Well, I mean, I called his mother a whore, but that was only after he called me retarded for liking the Patriots.
>I'm going to need to hear his side of the story before doing anything.
>>
>>53072054
Except it wasn't that bad, unless you consider being called rude and uncourteous particularly insulting. Or a cheeky cunt, which makes me assume this guy is Aussie or British.

Just based on those screenshots though. After having to put up with him jumping on random nearby NPCs just to dick with things that should really have been left player to player, well have at him I guess. But it still seems more like you and him just really did not see eye to eye and it got out of hand, rather than him being "That Guy" tier.
>>
>>53072157
Did you try to compare this to the criminal justice system where a fair hearing of both parties and reviewing of all the evidence is absolutely mandatory?

I mean shit dude, I don't think that level of evidence would be required even for this story to side with OP. We can err slightly on their side simply by virtue of it being 4chan.
>>
>>53072162
Again, the GM had NPCs insult his character throughout the entire campaign, was a hypocrite about getting alternate powers, and ignored his character's mechanical capabilties to punish him. When he confronted the GM about this, his response was to call OP selfish, proclaim that he doesn't like him as a person (as though that somehow justifies his actions), and smugly bring up that he had an anger problem. Looking solely at the screenshots is rather disingenuous.
>>
>>53072095
I'm just playing devil's advocate here since I have seen shit like this happen in the past.
Though honestly is hard to side with the guy. I could justify the sled thing as him trying to stop you from trying to act like a main character (or whatever the fuck he said in that screenshot) but then there is shit like the Sannin who was persuasion-proof or making everyone better at taijutsu than your character that just reeks of pettiness.
The last one particularly annoys me because I believe that if a player is willing to make an extremely specialized character (to the point that he will be at disadvantage in most situations) then the least the DM can do is make sure he already gets his chance to shine when he is finally in a situation where his skils can actually be useful.
So if I make a swordman who autistically trained his swordmanship in a setting where magic classes are demigods even at lower levels, then I at least expect him to be able to shine when it's time for meele combat. But your GM basically pulled a "Nope, everyone in the setting is Inigo fucking Montoya and they can easily defeat you".
Even if your character is a shit-tier newbie, he should have his chance to shine just like everyone else.
>>
>>53071939
The GM is being a fedora-tier snarky asswipe. OP is understandably less levelheaded and to be honest I would have flown off the handle too if even half the shit OP shared is true.
>>
>>53072157
You do realize the kind of retarded logic you are defending is what enables bitches crying rape and asshole doing false accusations to get away with it?
Just because one side has a pretty solid and believable version of the events it doesn't mean you should completely trust it and don't hear the other side's version.
>>
>>53072211
>Did you try to compare this to the criminal justice system where a fair hearing of both parties and reviewing of all the evidence is absolutely mandatory?
Not him, but you go over both sides at a trial. When you walk up to a cop bleeding and tell him that an armed and violent criminal just made off with your stuff after he shot you, the cop doesn't wait to hear the thief's side before arresting him. Or in this case probably shooting him.
>>
>>53072229
> NPC specifically asks the character if he would like to do something that his character would realistically do
> yes
> WELL HA, YOU'RE GETTING PUNISHED FOR IT
>>
>>53072119
I guess this was a bit longer ago than I thought.

The thread included a DM who felt up a player's girlfriend until the couple left and then railroaded two PCs apart so he could kill one with zombies.
>>
>>53072276
Not only would he do it, but he had the mechanical capabilities to back it up.
>>
>>53072266
Yeah but the theif wont' get any legit punishment until the trial takes place and this situation (us discussing OP's story) is more like a trial than anything else.
Also, the cop is only allowed to shoot him if the guy tries to attack him. A cop who shoots someone just because he believes said person did something illegal wouldn't last long as a cop unless he lives in a particularly retarded country.
>>
>>53072266
Except even when trying to translate to metaphor, armed robbery hardly cuts close. It's more like one of those civil tribunals where two roommates never got on and then one accuses the other of stealing shit when they move out, and then when you try to delve into it a big ole can of spaghetti spews out.
>>
I'm surprised to see so many people cheerleading for the OP, who sounds like a gigantic faggot.
>262 posts, 39 posters
Oh.
>>
>>53072162
I have an extremely hard time believing the DM was British or Aussie, if anything it makes me think more of my old roomie who liked to think he was a intellectual type and would say shit like "Ah bollocks" He had Aspergers and it was one of the best days when he couldn't pay rent cause he blew his paycheck on MLP shit and I could tell him to gtfo.
>>
>>53072340
Well, after reading his story it's hard to cheer for the GM, even if OP obviously has some issues.
And there is nothing surprising about those numbers. There is a lot of discussion going on. Shit, I probably made more than 10 posts since I got here.
>>
>>53072340
Ok GM, whatever you reckon
>>
>>53072340
I'm surprised to see so many people being contrarians just for the sake of stirring up shit.

I mean, yeah, there could be a side to this that we aren't hearing, but that doesn't invalidate the GM's fuckery
>>
>>53072325
>A cop who shoots someone just because he believes said person did something illegal
Well I mostly meant that the thief would probably try to shoot at the cop but whatever.
>>
>>53072340
The way I see it, OP could be the biggest faggot ever and GM would still be in the wrong from being such a cunt to him.
>>
>>53072340
t. Lord Fuckwad.
>>
>>53072218
Because tabletop is an inherently social thing, which is why these kinds of player to player or GM kind of situations flare up and get discussed on /tg/ all the time. It's that aspect I was focusing on in that instance, the screenshots were the best examples we had other than just storytime.

But yeah, for the GMing it was the rejection of alternate powers and the NPC-commandeering that stood out most egregious to me. Hell even NPC commandeering for a few insults would be fine if he was trying to play the "kick the underdog" angle, but interrupting player interaction seems retarded to me.

And though I'm not gonna just assume the GM is horrendously bad, it's a shame OP couldn't have made off with some of the players instead since they could probably have a better game without Lord Fuckwad involved.
>>
>>53072357
I guess I assumed so cause I'm Kiwi. Bloody Aussies have been spreading their shit around too much.
>>
>>53072402
Well, maybe he has a reason for shooting the cop. The next cop should hear his story.
Just kidding, but seriously, it might sound like I'm trying to defend the undefendable but I just prefer to take this kind of stories with a grain of salt, specially after experiencing similar situations where the guy who seemed to be worse than Hitler ended up being either innocent or not as much of a retard as I thought he was.
>>
>>53072340
That's like 6.7 posts per poster!

That's unheard of for people posting back and forth. Unheard of I say. In the HISTORY of the fucking internet, that is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard of.

I'm seriously thinking about calling the internet police on this one. Something is just odd.
>>
>>53072423
Indeed, I'm definitely heading off with the pretty woman to play in another game, not quite sure yet. She just had an issue herself with the previously mentioned creep of a GM who had rules for sending him nudes.

>>53072469
As much as I can appreciate that-I personally play devil's advocate a lot myself and in this scenario I'm aware there's nothing I could really do to convince you aside from hunting down every last conversation I had with this GM.

Honestly as much bravado as I express, it's still nice to see skepticism.
>>
>>53072284
Got a link?
>>
>>53072537

I want to hear about the GM who had a rule about nudes. That sounds like something law action can be taken against.
>>
>>53072537
>Rules for sending him nudes

What
>>
>>53071635
>Cockmongler
Grinman
>>
>>53072568
Unless he's propositioning minors I don't think there's much that can be done.
>>
>>53072576
>he doesn't ask his players for nudes
Why do you even DM then?
>>
>>53072601
It depends on how insistent he is with the topic.
If it's something like:
>send nudes
>no
>ok
then yeah, there is nothing to be done but if the guy is constantly pestering his female players about it he could get into trouble.
>>
>>53072603
>Send a d6 pic and ask for her static value
>She sends back an opposed check
>>
>>53072601
Unless the GM was blackmailing them, you're probably right. Still a creepy thing to do, though.
>>
>>53072537
>rules for sending him nudes.
>>
>>53072623
Probably be easier to get him in trouble with the site asking for nudes has to break terms of service.
>>
File: waniko-orc-imperfect-sage-mode.png (3MB, 2500x1642px) Image search: [Google]
waniko-orc-imperfect-sage-mode.png
3MB, 2500x1642px
>>53071397
Unfortunately most of the stuff I've drawn for the game so far has been uncolored sketches, and mostly of my own character. But thanks for the interest. When I draw new stuff I'll usually post it in /nsunsg/, including lewd stuff occasionally because I'm bored and have no dignity.

>>53071743
Looking at these older drawings makes me want to change so much shit.
>>
>>53072568
There's very little to tell honestly. A GM was running an ERPG and had a rule that you could have a reroll, but only if you send him a nude, and he specified that if he found out it wasn't you, he would be mad. Then, when a player got one of these rerolls and got a one, he informed them that he'd allow another reroll for another picture, but this picture had to be even more risque than the last.

Another aspect of this GM was that the GM's super special NPC the team had to escort was an Avatar of a sex goddess, and every so often things would just devolve into a sex orgy wherever she went. The pretty girl's character was a ranger with a wolf companion... This went poorly for her, especially when the frequency became more and more common.

Eventually she just left the game because they couldn't get anything done. In a more recent game however she invited me to play in a game with her, which ended up being a Vampire: The Masquerade game. At first I had no idea this was the same GM, until he informed her that he didn't feel comfortable with her playing as anything other than a sexy slutty character who parted her legs for any NPC he put forth.
>>
>>53072673
>w-we will need to see these nude pictures to determine if your story is legit
>>
>>53072697
>The pretty girl's character was a ranger with a wolf companion... This went poorly for her, especially when the frequency became more and more common
My sides
>>
>>53072697
Did you send him a pic of your dick to get a reroll? Be honest.
>>
>>53071704
see >>53070744
for my response to that
>>
>>53072735
I was sadly not in that game, but I would have.
>>
>>53072284
hey, i was in that thread. If i remember right the GM was playing a cow and using it as an excuse to feel up chicks.

On top of that, he railroaded actions even when players said the do not do thing, instead forcing them to do thing.

It was pretty bad.
>>
>>53070028
>>53070744

oh boy, what if:

>ring is cursed
>it gives you immunity to bluff, diplomacy, persuasion, etc. checks
>but it makes you stand firmly in your world view, bringing out your worst qualities, stereotypical thinking and superstitions, making you stubborn to the point you blurt out things as if these were your "better judgement", even if it brings you woe, hurts people around you and your interests.
>>
>>53072804
Yeah, I swore I saw that thread still up earlier but it had been running since yesterday so I guess it got pruned.

>"Does the cow want to fuck her, too?"

Godspeed, Brobarian.
>>
>>53072844
wow it's a ring that turns you into me
>>
>>53072340
If even a portion of OPs story is true, the GM is still a fuckwad.

You don't constantly interrupt RP just to target someone.
You don't invalidate their abilities, especially when they roll the absolute highest they can.
You don't make someone with two separate mechanics made for a situation become crippled from dealing with that situation.
You don't retroactively say "Fuck you" to progression you'd agreed upon, and worse than that you don't tell someone to their face that everyone in the game will be on par with him in his specialty.

If any one of these things is even half true, the GM is a fucking twit, no ifs ands or buts. These are all grievous offenses, regardless of OP's reaction to them.
>>
>>53072697
What the fuck. I would have noped right out as soon as he laid down th->>53072799 what the fuck, dude
>>
>>53072844
>the Ring of 4chan?
>>
>>53072844
The Red Ring
>>
>>53072896
>The democrats ring
>>
>>53072892
I don't see anything wrong with that. He wants nudes, I shall give him nudes.

>>53072916
*The politician's ring
>>
>>53072844
wow, my friend must have that ring.
>>
>>53072930
>*The politician's ring
I'll amend my previous post and accept that.
>>
>>53069416
What are you talking about? Sex with pineapple is the best.
>>
>>53072844
Original anon with the ring, and that's basically how I played it off.
>>
>>53072930
Been lurking this entire time, just wanted to drop in and say you seem like a cool guy eh, and it's good to have you around. Here's hoping you find some better games.
Godspeed Anon.
>>
>>53073927
Thanks for that, I wish you the best, and I both hope to and hope not to have to be back on tg to see you guys again soon.
>>
>>53074086
Good read OP, this GM was a dick.
Guys who are only out to get their dick wet in a game over anything else are the worst.
I mean, getting your dick wet is a worthy goal, sure, but it isn't what you are there for!
>>
>>53068999
Thank you, you beautiful bastard. I love you. no homo or... maybe a little homo
>>
>>53070380
OP even admitted having a short fuse. The GM is a complete raging faggot.
>>
>>53071704
If he was not a fuckwad, he would not have antagonized the Person In-game. He would have kept it neutral, not gone out of his way to fuck up the guy who does martial arts really well even more in a world of fucking Fightan Wizards!
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.