[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girls and TTG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 33

File: grills reeee.jpg (103KB, 473x600px) Image search: [Google]
grills reeee.jpg
103KB, 473x600px
How do you tell one of your players that his girlfriend is no longer allowed to participate in your games without losing him too? The bitch is obviously not interested in the game since she's on her phone the whole time and is starting to become a distraction to the other players.
>>
>>53062147
How about be an adult and say "hey could you ask your girlfriend to not distract others at the table? If she's not having fun have her talk to me so I can try and get her more interested in the game."
>>
>I'd like it if your girlfriend didn't come to the sessions anymore, she's become a distraction for other players and conveys no interest in the game to the point that it slows down play and adds unnecessary tension to the group. I understand the request puts you and your relationship in a bad spot, so for your sake and the sake of the other "x amount of players" and their enjoyment of the game, it's best if the two of you no longer show up.

Get to it.
>>
>>53062147
"Todd your girlfriend is a fucking mood killer and I hate her almost as much as I hate you"
>>
>>53062243
>Not peeing in todd's butt and stomping his face
>you're weak bro
>>
>>53062147
Can I get sauce on that hottie?
>>
>>53062249
>not pushing Todd down and forcing yourself inside of him
>not whispering into his ear that he's your Faggot now as you blow a load in his boypussy
>not becoming Todd's new girlfriend he brings to every session
>>
>girls in /tg/
Let's be honest, you're priorities aren't in the right place if that's your thread name.
Either way tell your friend she's obviously not participating, and she needs to shape up or leave
>>
>>53062147
about year and a half a go me and 3 other friends start to play midnight games on Friday night, because our usually game night got packed with normies and other annoying faggots.
I tell my friend who has a gf not to bring her to the session (she was one of the annoying faggots we were trying to get away from)
the first couple sessions went well, but she finally catches on and shows up to a game.
wont stop talking while we play, wont leave him alone, so finally we tell him that he needs to tell her not to show up ever again.
Well she shows up, and he tells her to go into the other room and behave,
she spends 4 hours crying and pouting while we all don't care and have fun.
just the memory of us having a good time while she suffers brings a happy tear to my eye.

unless they are gonna read the rules and play seriously (witch lets face it they never do) girls and girlfriends and zero place at the table
>>
>>53062571
My gf flat out refuses to try a game. She's not a normie, so she wouldn't be a detriment.
But she thinks that she wouldn't enjoy it at all, and doesn't want to take the risk of ruining it.
Her nearly crippling anxiety might also be part of the reason she refuses to try.
>>
File: LuMWsZl.jpg (82KB, 712x960px) Image search: [Google]
LuMWsZl.jpg
82KB, 712x960px
I have a story

>sister wants to join my game
>was a PHB game so I didn't allow homebrew, even kicked a guy out for making a home brew class and ruining the fun for everyone with how much stronger he was compared to everyone else
>show my sister the classes and before she even looks she starts describing the type of character she wants to be
>so my character is a patreon of a god
oh so you want cleric?
>no because my god is Circe the goddess of magic
ahh so I guess I could make you a warlock of the fey and we can fluff it a little
>no I don't want to be a warlock I was thinking more of a witch, she has natrual powers and thats why the god chose her
>ffs seriously a chosen one in a level 1 campaign
>try to explain to her that she can be a wild magic soccerer and just have acrolyte as her background and that would perfectly fit
>start telling her about meta magic as I'm sure she's okay with this choice
>she starts talking about how she was thinking more druid as circe turned Odysseus's men into pigs
>tell her she can either pick druid or multiclass
>she really doesn't like the sound of any of them
>I go online and find a homebrew just for her
>wizard architype called witch
>it's basicly every single caster class mixed into one
>can take from druid, cleric and warlock spell lists
>lend her my PHB and tell her to read up all of the rules of combat and travel
>2 weeks later we start to play
>she didn't read a word of the book
>she doesn't pay attention to anything
>she doesn't know what she has to roll for or what any of her skills mean
>anytime anyone has downtime she asks to skip it because she doesn't know what she can do and has no idea what equipment she can buy
>constantly reminding her of characters, what the mission she's took was and what she's currently fighting
>spends close to 10 minute each turn just to figure out what her spells do
>annoying RP about being the chosen one
>drinks heavily and shouts until she passes out and forces us to finish early
>>
File: 1488270369917.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488270369917.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>53062791

That sounds so depresing
>>
>>53062571
based lads
>>
File: bren.jpg (176KB, 600x885px) Image search: [Google]
bren.jpg
176KB, 600x885px
>>53062791
another girl wanted to join us and luckly had a good idea of what she wanted to be

>she was an ex nun halfling who became a monk
>she only read her class and nothing else meaning she had no idea how to really fight or what he character meant in the context of battle, diplomacy or travel
>unintrested as fuck in everything including combat
>refused to RP at any level and just refered to her character in third person
>turned up for 1 game and then never turned up again

>third girl
>friend of a friend came last minute with no heads up
>didn't have a character so I gave her my DMPC
>she gets upset that it's a RP focused campaign and is upset that I only tell her what her character knows
>see she's upset and stop the whole game to explain everything thats happened in the story so far
>she gets upset that it's not an epic adventure against evil
>gets upset that she only got to attack a monster once before it died despite her getting a crit and racking up huge damage with sneak attack
>session starts closing and she bolts out the door before I even finish my summary of the session.

at this point I just don't let girls play with us.
I think our campaign is too grounded for women to be intrested.
>>
>>53062791
Why do you retards expect women to care about the mechanical part of the game at all.
You should've just said yes to all her snowflake fluff bullshit, made her a sorcerer and laid gave her a few spell options
>>
>>53062934
Its current year my man, we have to treat them equally or we're scumbags.
>>
>>53062791
>PHB only
>the same book that has both the monk and the cleric
>complaining about class imbalance

You fucking retard
>>
>>53062934
>You should've just-

He should've just say "No, fuck off, don't ever ask me again about joining my game, bitch"
>>
>>53062190
Fpbp.

Bringing it up in a mature and non derisive way by expressing interest in her level of enjoyment is the best way to open the dialogue. If you are rebuffed with attitude, posturing, defensiveness, or even mere apathy, then it's time to get a little harder. But until then, assume the best.
>>
>>53062971
what I'm about to say sound made up but trust me it's true. the guy was this retarded

I told the guy at the begining not to make a home brew, he had a tantrum and then brought a homebrew thinking I would see that it's intresting and want to keep it.

>air genesi
>chosen one of bahamut
>platinum scails grow from his skin
>class is "soul blade"
>can summon 2 dancing swords of any type
>plays with kid gloves to hide how OP his class is despite everyone already knowing how OP he can potentially be and the fact that everyone was already annoyed with the platinum scails alone
>things get tough as they are outnumbered by gnolls as I like to throw things that they can't handle in a traditional fashion to force them to fight smart or learn to run early
>he take his kid gloves off and summons two great swords in the middle of the pack of gnolls
>he says his sword gets an attack of oppitunity on all units he summons the blade next to
wtf AoO is only for people leaving yoru squares you can't do that
>no I can it says right here on my sheet
>shows me the sheet and it actually says it
>I didn't make this I found it online and everyone agrees that it's a balanced class
>tell him I wont accept it
>he we start shouting at each other until I just allow it
>we close the game up and I ask everyone if they minded him
>they all say they couldn't stand him and they actually wont turn up if he's there
>was going to kick him anyway but now I didn't have a choice

I don't allow homebrew as this was my first experience of it, I don't care if monk is considered weak as it forfills a roll in the party, I don't care if wizard, moon druid or cleric is powerful either. I just want some legitimacy to justify it. making up OP bullshit is pathetic and worst of all snowflakey.

any type of character that would fit into my setting can be made with the already existing classes. in terms of homebrew theres nothing worse than making a new class or race up
>>
>>53062147
>How do you tell one of your players that his girlfriend is no longer allowed to participate in your games without losing him too?

Stop worrying about keeping the guy in the group, just explain rationally what the issue is and if he leaves than he leaves.
>>
>>53062147
"Hey Anon, is your GF enjoying the game? It seems like she's on her phone all the time and just not having a good time"
>>
>>53063310
this story makes me too happy to be true.
>>
>>53062571
>Well she shows up, and he tells her to go into the other room and behave,
>she spends 4 hours crying and pouting while we all don't care and have fun.
I had a similar experience. Apparently while she was pouting in my bedroom she found my digital camera (back in the days when we didn't use our phones for this). She took a bunch of shots of herself in various states of undress. After they went home she "broke down" and told him I raped her last week, said I forced her to take pictures. He bangs on my door at 2am demanding to see the camera. Fortunately I had found the pics after the game stashed them on my computer for later and deleted them from the memory card before going to bed. He called her and broke up with her on the spot. I probably saved his life that night, last I heard she poked a hole in her next boyfriend's condoms to trap him; they have 6 kids now and live on unemployment if the rumors are true.

>>53063383
Repostan to remove the useless name field entry. It really did happen. That girl was a mess.
>>
>>53062147
>japanese stranglehold
>lift knee up
>press bent knee into his spine
>"lose the fuckin chick. Alright gaybo?"
>release
>kick him into garbage cans as you release
>???????
>PROFIT

I'm lucky that my gf is self aware and when we all got together one night she saw how the other girls werent interested so she'll come along, watch and do her thing, usually vidya in the other room or uni work unless its a board game
>>
File: 1449978220202.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1449978220202.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>53063454
>gf is self aware
>>
>>53063158
>hitting things good
>gamebreaking

Maybe if you had a bunch of low-tier classes like fighters or barbarian whose spotlight it stole in your party, sure. But that's what wildshape, knock, save-or-sucks, etc already do.
>>
>>53062385

>How do you tell one of your players that his faggot boy-slave is no longer allowed to participate in your games without losing him too? The bitch is obviously not interested in the game since he's giving him head the whole time and is starting to become a distraction to the other players, who are jealous but also totally not gay, bro.

That just compounds the problem, really.
>>
File: 1422870060272.png (15KB, 144x200px) Image search: [Google]
1422870060272.png
15KB, 144x200px
>>53063496
>>
File: 1492660711075.png (258KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492660711075.png
258KB, 421x500px
>>53063496
>>53063454
>gf is self aware
ITS HAPPENING!
>>
File: tg - Totally Gay.png (146KB, 1880x575px) Image search: [Google]
tg - Totally Gay.png
146KB, 1880x575px
>>53063512
>since he's giving him head the whole time
>who are jealous but also totally not gay
Get under the table and become everybody's girlfriend
>>
>>53063622

Then why have the pretense of game night at all?Just suck each other's dicks all weekend.
>>
>>53063605
well she is. She saw that the other girls weren't interested and she wasnt interested so instead of whining like my friends gf and a rather tumblresque girl she sat it out for a bit then just watched and wrote up her uni notes
>>
>>53062147
>How do you tell one of your players that his girlfriend is no longer allowed to participate in your games without losing him too?

Given that you won't suck his dick, and she will, you are at an infinite disadvantage. Don't bother, cut and run.
>>
>>53063664

Wow, it's almost like some girls are well adjusted human beings who don't make everything about themselves when they're not wanted.

Seriously though, I suspect the number of horror stories about girls in tabletop games stem from the fact that most people who would bring their girlfriend are spergs who think it's a good idea, even if said girlfriend isn't into gaming in any way.
>>
>>53062147
How about talking to her about being a distraction? You know, not being a pussy and having it where her boyfriend is basically the one that has to kick her out?
>>
>>53063511
team
>ex soldier fighter who left his home due to difference in politics
>uchin paladin who took to the church for an education and a better life
>warlock rich kid who spent his life wanting to be a fighter but at the last minute changed his mind but didn't want to reinvest his time becoming a wizard so he made a pact with a being he didn't understand for free power
>chosen of the dragon god sent to earth just because

>enter ruin to fight un specified number of gnolls
>they don't bother to scout or sneak in
>find out there are 12 vs 4 level 1's
>anticipated this and made a nice 10 ft corridor enterence
>fighter was smart enough to asign a marching order and had the paladin and himself in front
>the relise how fucked they are but they took up the bounty and don't want to admit defeat before trying
>paladin and fighter tanking a lot of damage
>they are killing 1 at a time but new people keep filling the gaps
>suddenly special snowflake float into the air and summons two great swords
>the creator of the homebrew's idea of balance was rolling a d20 to summon each sword with a DC of 10
>only one succeeds and he gets 5 AoP's doing a D12 each slice
>commanding a sword is only a bonus action and the AoP takes the swords reaction to attack every single target with 5ft so in theory he can summon two great swords in the center of a group get an attack on everyone and then use his action for one to attack and his bonus action for the other to attack.
>thats a max potential of 20 attacks in one round with a greatsword
>who knows but probably would have become 22 at level 5
>up until this point he was only summoning daggers because he knew no one cared to see him destroy everything alone

again this is a level 1 party and not even a druid or a wizard could dream of damage output like that

and again his character was supa special, the world needs me while everyone else were really human feeling characters with meaningful and relatable backstories.
>>
>>53063707
idk what the deal is with
>self aware

I meant like she wasnt bitching and trying to be cute and funny and getting my attention cause she wasnt enjoying it she just waited til the next morning to say its not for her.
>>
GMed a game a long time ago with 4 friends (changing names of all involved).

>One friend Eric says he has a buddy, Jack, and wants to invite him, so I give the Okay.
>Jack's a a great player, RPs really well, engages the game seriously.
>6 weeks later Jack no shows for two games, I think well fuck, sucks that I lost a great player.
>Jack shows up for the next game night, asks if his gf Lisa can join, says shes a great roleplayer.
>Eric vouches for her, so against my better judgement I give the Okay.
>Lisa comes does well RPing and is a fairly good player.
>3 weeks later, shit start hits the fan, when Lisa asks to talk to me after the game.
>She claims that Jack cheated on her and she wants to get back at him, and asks if I want to have sex.
>I'm already dating someone and can see this shit going sideways, so I decline.
>Two weeks later Jack shows up to the game pissed as hell, accusing Eric, another Luke, and myself of sleeping with Lisa.
>He attacks Eric, and Jack gets the shit kicked out of him.
>Lisa leaves never to show up again, Jack leaves also never to show up again.
>Following game, another player, John, no shows, also abandons the game.
>Find out later that Lisa propositioned everyone and John and Luke had a threesome with her.
>John started dating her afterwards, and decided she was more important than the game.
>Also find out that Lisa has a reputation for being a slut and destroying groups of friends like a parasite,
>>
>>53063801
well it depends on your definition of "self-aware" it's a major meme word which has lost all meaning.

i'd go as far to say that most men aren't self aware and it's against a womans nature to be self aware.

socially aware=/=self aware
>>
>>53063861
thanks friend this post got me mad
I like being mad.

I suggest having a game without hedonists.
maybe an all paladin game.
>>
>>53063909
This was over ten years ago, and I have since learned to trust my judgement..
>>
>>53063861
>She claims that Jack cheated on her and she wants to get back at him, and asks if I want to have sex.
>I'm already dating someone and can see this shit going sideways, so I decline.
You see, anon, this point right here is where you should have seen the writing on the wall.
If you had pulled Jack aside and laid it out flat like 2 men, you would have avoided or at least dulled the foolishness to come.
You kept your mouth shut and didn't take the initiative given to you, and suffered for it.
>>
>>53062147
>How about be an adult
OP doesn't want advice on how to deal with problems at the gaming table. He wants to see people on /tg/ complain about wimmin.
>>
>>53064021
Yes I realize that, hindsight is 20/20.
>>
File: initgirl.png (329KB, 467x318px) Image search: [Google]
initgirl.png
329KB, 467x318px
>>53064055
>He wants to see people on /tg/ complain about wimmin.

Well, that's fair. Honestly, my advice is not to play with women at all. They are poor roleplayers in that they are entirely self-absorbed and as a result any character they play will be invariably a self-insert. They generally project their minor female problems onto their lame-ass characters, assuming they roleplay them at all.

And in fact, most females do not roleplay, or barely do. That's because a full 75% of female gamers are there at the bequest of their boyfriends or brothers, and as a result have no real stake in the game.

Women are worse at math, they only excel in the younger years because of their faster maturation, but in adulthood they are inferior at logic and mathematics, meaning they have difficulty even comprehending rules let alone the design and meta-analysis that goes along with them. They will not put in any effort to learn the rules and most are quickly bored on a hobby that their vaginas cannot give them an edge at.

Honestly the only reason to invite a girl to an RPG game is if you have intention to fuck her. Otherwise, they really add nothing at all to the game.
>>
>>53062346
It's a dude
>>
>>53062147
>>53064055
Okay, here's advice.

A lot of the outcome will depend on weather or not your player, can separate his emotions from his gf from rational thought. That is something you can not control.

What you can control, is yourself,
>So explain the situation.
>Don't be a dick.
>Stay rational.
>Let the dice fall where they may
>>
>>53064055
Much like the majority of fa/tg/uys are fat spergs with bad skin and aspergers, the majority of women are vapid and self-absorbed who cannot RP.
>>
>>53062147
With words.

Had to kick out token girl as well as she was literally just a seat-warmer, either her boyfriend played her character for her or she'd play Barbarian and charge melee basic every tur, she's still had to have her hit and damage explained every session.
>>
>>53062934
>know all my spells and abilities
>plan my next turn as the others are taking theirs
>be ready and take a quick turn when it comes time
>pay attention to the story, act in character
>be female

It's rough, yo.
>>
>>53064223
I had this problem with a guy, but nothing would be done because he was the DM's friend.
Infuriating beyond measure, and why I maintain stringent standards for all my players, the least of which is "Come to the table intent to play".
>>
>>53064307
go away Marisha you're the worst cast member.
also druids are all gay
>>
>>53062147
Don't. Just kill her and plead ignorance.
>>
>>53064352
Glad all my players are friends, lucky like that, they are my raiding guild, my warhammer buddies, my D&D group, my board-game club and the people I got to movies and get drunk with.
>>
>>53063861
>Not kicking her out of the group as soon as she propositions you.
I mean its not like I don't like getting my dick sucked but if someone is trying to cheat on another player with you that's a really, really bad sign.
>>
I don't want to white knight so I won't press the point but I've had enough good experiences with girls at the table that I think the issues coming up are less girls per-se and more that girls are more likely than guys to be disinterested hangers-on who someone else brought to the table.

I don't think these problems come up if a girl is actually like, at the table because she wants to play. The she's just another player.
>>
>>53064434
These people were my friends at the time, too, it's just that the guy was so disinterested, I asked him why he even bothered to show up.
His response was "Well, it's something to do".
Eventually, I left, and 2 players who wanted a more serious game came with me.
>>53064482
Anon, don't bother.
>>
>>53064386
it's not gay when you're not same species
bestiality before homosexuality, even alphabetically
>>
File: Tomtom.jpg (24KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Tomtom.jpg
24KB, 500x333px
>>53063861
Where's Mark
>>
Question. What do you do if your DM is kind of a suck and a wimp so he doesn't kick out shitty players?
>>
>>53064512
Talk to him, talk to the other players, create a consensus.
>>
>>53064512
three options:
you suck is up
you find new GM
you become new GM

In my experience players are plentiful and can be culled and replaced at convenience. GMs not so much, at least the type that won't flake out after 2 sessions.
>>
>>53062791
>drinks heavily and shouts until she passes out and forces us to finish early
Yeah I don't think this is just an rpg thing anon, your sister needs help.
>>
>>53064076
>>
>>53064585
Yeah that's disgusting and awful.

Question? How do you deal with disgusting people who do shit like drink until they pass out or are fat and eat whole tubs of ice cream and smoke packs of cigarettes daily?
>>
>>53064569
You don't need to be GM to kick a player.
>>
>>53064076

>any character they play will be invariably a self-insert

Kek, everyone does that, anon, to a degree. EVERYONE. Yes, even you.
>>
>>53064617
Depends on when it becomes your problem.
I don't think they are eating tubs of ice cream at the game table, and if they are, you ask them to stop, as it is rude.
>>
>>53064501
>"Well, it's something to do".
Well that's why I GM.
Fuck, it's why I do anything, just passing time with minimal boredom and discomfort until I die.
>>
>>53064648
See >>53064512 . I can barely speak up about this stuff because my DM is crippling afraid of causing conflict.
>>
>>53063707
>Wow, it's almost like some girls are well adjusted human beings who don't make everything about themselves when they're not wanted.
Yeah but those ones make for shit stories, who wants to read about reasonable people making reasonable decisions in response to everyday situations when we can read about total psychos doing mad shit in response to situations that may also be possibly insane? We don't come here to take an accurate sampling of the human experience.
>>
>>53064727
Which is why you
>>53064626
and
>>53064552
If the group decides a player is out, then they are out, GM can fuck off.
>>
File: tg complaint department.jpg (79KB, 831x445px) Image search: [Google]
tg complaint department.jpg
79KB, 831x445px
>>53064745

Yes, some of us come here to share goofy file names on a kazakh telegram system.
>>
>>53064628
>be half-black
>play half-orc

does this count?
>>
>>53064162
Yeah people are basically terrible, that's why the world is such a fucked up place. Sturgeon's law applies to everything, even people.

Thanks god.
>>
>>53064462
I'm pretty sure you're not meant to negatively judge a woman for cheating on her boyfriend/husband anymore anon, that would be considered slutshaming. It'd be kind of hard to explain it to the rest of the group.
>>
>>53064617
Is there really anything wrong with smoking a pack each day as long as they don't interrupt the game doing it?
>>
>>53064808

Sure?

I meant more in behavior and attitude. People self insert and project their desires into the character they play. It is impossible to truly remove yourself from your characters.

I have a tendency to play female soldiers with PTSD, almost always chaotic neutral or neutral evil in alignment. And I don't do randum stuff, or constantly backstab the party. I more draw upon life experience and have a healthy dose of alternative morality.
>>
>>53064307
Display teats or depart hence
>>
>>53062147
This is exactly why you are a virgin, OP.

Let women into your hobby. Stop being such a racist, its 2017.
>>
>>53064899
The clothes stinks, the hair stinks. Even if they're smoking outside, they will bring it in on them.
Vaping doesn't have this problem to such extent but seems to be associated with otherwise obnoxious people.
>>
>>53064959
What smells gross to you might smell fine to others. I've always found cigarette smoke to be a pleasant smell. If you have a problem with a smoker ask for him to not smoke during the session or to smoke a different brand. Or ask him to bring a change of clothes, might help a little.
>>
>>53065017
What I've found weird about that is that if you smoke weed but not tobacco you're fine with the smell of weed smoke but not tobacco smoke still, and I'd imagine it would be the same the other way around for people who do the opposite. It's all smoke isn't it, why isn't their any cross tolerance?
>>
>>53065017
>I've always found cigarette smoke to be a pleasant smell.
>>
>>53063648
I love you /tg/ but im pretty sure you are the reason I want to have sex with boys
>>
>>53065100
It's probably a product of associating it with the psychological effects of the nicotine, simple Pavlovian conditioning.

That or different kinds of tobacco have different smells and some of them aren't as bad.
>>
>>53062147
I'm seeing a lot in this thread regarding gender, and maybe this is just my experience, but bad players come in all shapes and sizes.
If you have a bad player, be up front and honest.
And don't be rude or mean about it.
>>
>>53065017
Kys, cigarette smells like shit.

At least with the weed faggots I don't feel like I'm literally inhaling cancer. But fuck both of them. Can't you losers be normal? You don't need to dope yourself to live, it's retarded and so are you.
>>
>>53065098
No.
Mainly cause of the shitty adulterants added to cigarette tobacco.

Pipe smoke is fine and smoots but cigs stink to hell, like the tobacco is blended with rubber and acetone.

Acrid shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>53065175
>he thinks men and women are the same
It's about gender.
>>
File: needless.png (374KB, 699x492px) Image search: [Google]
needless.png
374KB, 699x492px
>>53065133
>>
>>53065175
No anon, that's too reasonable for 4chan.

You need to ree about how women are inferior and the cause of all the problems in the world.
>>
>>53064077
yes, and?
>>
>>53065017
Eh, personally, I'm pretty much desensitized towards smokes, my country is among the top 10 in consumption per capita, so even if I could avoid the smell at my leisure activities, I can't really avoid it at work or any public space.
Besides even worse than smokers that smell like smokers are smokers that try to cover themselves with way too much cologne or perfume. Those should be hosed until it washes out of them.
>>
I've played with lots of female players. Never had a problem.
Wife: forgets rules sometimes, terrified of her character dieing.
Wifes best friend: clueless on rules, makes up by rp'ing well. Usually makes pretty memorable characters
Hippy: Always a druid of some kind and tries to befriend everything. No real problems apart from characters always being the same
Mother: been playing since she met my dad, who's been playing since day one. Plays whatever class is missing.
Punk girl: knows the rules, puts backstory into her characters. Likes tieflings and rogues.
Bro's lesbian friend: no idea of the rules, apprehensive about playing but has lots of fun when she gets in to it
>>
>>53065281
>You need to ree about how women are inferior and the cause of all the problems in the world.
I would if I didn't enjoy sex so much.
Here's an option that most people don't understand is reasonable. Find yourself a girl that doesn't like tabletop role play games so she doesn't want to come along.
>>
>>53065281
>>53065175
It really just boils down to people who are different than a core group tend to cause problems. Whether it be the differences of the person, the person's behavior, or various group member's reaction to the different person. The source is always the same, that they are different and it causes strain.

Women are always different than a core group of like minded men, so they tend to ruin everything by being present. Regardless if it was their fault, they are the reason.
>>
>>53064223
>she's still had to have her hit and damage explained every session.
>>53064352
I played with a barbarian like this too. Guy was the DM's friend for years, too, but he eventually had to let him go. DM was too fed up with him never learning even the most basic of rules, like "roll a d20" basic.

So maybe there's still hope. I was playing online though.
>>
>>53065411
I wish I lived in your fantasy land anon
>>
>>53062791
>>drinks heavily and shouts until she passes out and forces us to finish early
your sister has a problem bruh
>>
>>53065667
Do you live in Canada? I'm always down for more players
>>
>>53062385
>boypussy
kys
>>
>>53065745
Please be in New London
>>
I play d&d with my girlfriend.

She flirts with all the NPCs and gives me all the scrolls she steals; I use muh magic to help identify stuff and to make big enough distractions that she can do more than pick pockets.
>>
>>53065411
>never had a problem
>wife forgets rules
>cuck wife doesn't even know the rules
>hippy is boring trash
>mother (wtf?) is good
>punk girl (wtf? you play with criminals?) is good
>tumblrite: doesn't know the fucking rules

4 out of 6 are problems you idiot. Just because you are used to shit games doesn't mean we have to deal with the issues you deal with and you consider 'normal'.

Everyone at my table knows the rules by hand, roleplays well, and make memorable characters. Your table is full of issues, I would leave without even finishing a session.
>>
>>53065773
Nah west coast hippy liberal land
>>
>>53065418
>Find yourself a girl that doesn't like the same things you do.
Yeah, that'll certainly grow a strong relationship. Pretty much every guy I've known who had a girlfriend not interested in ____ usually starts off simply not getting involved and giving the guy some space, but down the road the whip comes out and she wants him to do his hobby less and less specifically because she's not involved. I'd say your kind of mentality is course for ruin, but considering you seem to be mostly in it for the sex I'd say you probably already know that to some degree.
>>
>>53065820
Tumblr girl rarely plays so it isn't an issue and of the two that forget/don't know rules, I know them all by heart so it's a simple 5 second fix. "that provokes an attack of opportunity." "oh ya, thanks"
Also the hippy leads to hilarious rp moments. Stop being an autist. Everyone at the table has a blast. The only thing I'd change about them is I want to run masks of nyarlethotep for them and they all like traditional fantasy
>>
>>53064745
Well because then the concept of women at the table becomes skewed because we only have bad stories to tell, when the vast majority are not bad stories with reasonable people and outcomes.
>>
>>53062147

I bite the bullet and bid him "adios" as well.
>>
>>53065924
>b-but fun!
The cancer that killed /tg/

Fuck fun.
>>
>>53065229
>like the tobacco is blended with rubber and acetone

Because it is? Maybe not with rubber or acetone but a lot of other stuff...

No idea about pipe tabacco though.
>>
>>53066010
>b-but rules!
The cancer that killed tabletop
>>
File: IMG_20170504_150711.jpg (2MB, 3006x2594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_150711.jpg
2MB, 3006x2594px
>>53066058
sc/out/ here. Pipe tobacco is the real deal
>>
>>53063861
>friends
wew lad
>>
>>53065820
And you're a lot of fun at parties?

Not OP, but you sound like the kind of dude who spergs on the golf course over stupid shit when everybody is just there to have fun.

The dude found a cool group of diverse people that probably bring a lot of interesting shit to the table a bunch of white nerds wouldn't.
>>
>>53062791
Dude I wanna party with your sister, she sounds the complete opposite of you, which is gay as fuck. Is she hot? Do you think she's down to wear costumes during sex?
>>
>>53066138
Replace the pipe with a nice cigar, and I'm good.
What whiskey/scotch/bourbon do you have there?
>>
>>53066167
>golf course
I ain't rich nigga. I live in the suburbs. Also stop pretending you aren't him.
>nerds are incapable of creating interesting shit
Kill yourself my man. Your group is terrible.
>>
>>53065133
I'm saving this for the next "/tg/ in one image" thread
>>
>>53065745
>do you live in canada?
>the Second largest country on the Fucking planet
>>
>>53066193
Glenfiddich reserve. It's pretty light but it really brings out the natural sweetness in the baccy (missouri meerschaum country gentlemen - a Virginia perique blend)
>>
>>53066305
80% of which is uninhabitable
>>
>>53066231
>mad that anon can have fun with gal group
>>
>>53064506
underrated post
>>
>>53062147
My all of my experiences with girls in D&D have been positive. But that's probably because none of the girls I've played with have been dating any of the other players. They were there because they like to play D&D and had characters in the party. Some of them were actually damn good players as far as numbers went, but they weren't big on roleplay.
>>
>gf wanted to try d&d
>came to a one shot session since two other guys couldn't make it
>tried it and did okay for a first time player
>said she didn't enjoy it and to have fun with my friends
>bakes for our d&d group and knits dice bags instead
>everything turned out okay
>>
File: 1492420960193.jpg (69KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492420960193.jpg
69KB, 766x960px
>>53063801
>>53063867
Since the joke made a whistling noise as it flew over your head...

Self aware is usually shorthand for "gaining sentience"
So saying that your GF "gained sentience" was a pretty funny statement since it involves the assumption that she (and potentially other women) aren't even sentient.

Its an old joke to most people (and a serious point to MRA fags)
>>
>>53066188
cringed
>>
>>53062147
Your fault was allowing him to bring his dumb roastie cunt to the game in the first place.
>>
>>53063861
Was this in VA? Because a chick tried the same thing in my group. Except we all laughed, commented on what a whore she was, then booted her out.then told people I made fun of her retard son for being retarded when I told her to not skip her one weekend a month she has with her kid for my game
>>
>>53066322
>Glenfiddich reserve
Good stuff.
>>
>>53063454
>gf is self aware

Anon's waifu levels up
>>
>>53064617
Simple, I've adopted the 25 pushup rule for people wanting to game with me.
>>
>>53064617
I vote in favor of euthanasia.
>>
>>53062791
That is a "let's go out dancing" girl not a "let's game" girl. This reminds me of when I started a rpg with my college buddies and everyone got drunk and wandered off in an hour.
>>
>>53064745
This is true, and is the same reason the protagonists of stories are all survivors of tragedy and chosen ones and special snowflakes. No one wants to read a story about an average guy doing average things, we all live that every day.
>>
>>53064808
This is pretty funny when you consider than in many cases orcs are thinly-veiled racist allegories for black or native peoples.
>>
File: 1491626726157.png (35KB, 857x116px) Image search: [Google]
1491626726157.png
35KB, 857x116px
>>53064745
oh hey a sane argument/summary on the inevitable "women and /tg/" thread. Honestly wasn't expecting that.
>>
Since this thread is shit I will ask here.

How do you describe a creature? When do you mention if its a bidepal, quadrupedal, etc? When do you mention the type of fur it has? When do you mention the shape of the head and how its face is?

Or do you just go "It's a spider, a big one" or show them the character art you based the creature on?
>>
>>53063034
>assuming the best out of obvious plebs

KYS.
>>
>>53065411
This is fairly close to my experience, except my best friend's wife always plays barbarians and always to the fucking hilt. She's awesome.

My wife hadn't even really heard of D&D until she got the crash course from my best friend's wife. She's totally down for the power fantasy part of it and usually plays female clerics who are prophets and buttkickers. (My wife is Kurdish, to be entirely up front.)

Women are typically more concerned with how characters are behaving than whether what's going on makes sense from a rules perspective. You let go and allow them to do what they want, though, and you get some incredible adventures.

tldr for op: women are fine, your attitude is probably not
>>
File: 1414539446990.png (319KB, 477x530px) Image search: [Google]
1414539446990.png
319KB, 477x530px
>>53062147
Either you lose one bitch or you lose two bitches. Whichever happens nothing of value is lost.

>>53062190
>How about be an adult and [ask something indirectly instead of directly ending the problem]
>>
File: Todd-Howard-Ilvu.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Todd-Howard-Ilvu.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>53062243
>>53062249
>>53062385
you don't want to mess with me, I'm taller than you bro
>>
>>53064745
>We don't come here to take an accurate sampling of the human experience.

About 60-80% of the people on this side are convinced of the exact opposite.
>>
>>53062147
>title says Girls in TTG
>Thread actually about a player's problematic +1

There's a difference anon. I've played a lot of games with lady friends where they were engaged. And I've had games with annoying so's that were just there because they can't stand the thought of their boyfriend having fun without them (that's an almost verbatim quote). Regardless, he's probably in a relationship that won't last. Just wait it out. If it's super disruptive, he may have to leave. If he actually loved you in the first place, you'll meet again.
>>
>>53065411
> I've played with lots of female players. Never had a problem.
Same, my local group is 4 girls, me, and another guy. They're the ones who taught me how to play in fact.
OP's situation just sounds like one of those non-problems people use as proof that 4chan Is literally populated by autists.
>>
>>53064076
>muh -4
>>
>>53062735
Are you me?
>>
>>53062735
Have you offered to introduce her to it one on one?
>>
>>53068567
>Not realizing that this entire thread is 100% "DAE h8 grillz?" bait
The scenario laid out in the OP didn't happen.
>>
>>53062147

you cant, that being said anyone who would bring their GF to game night probably isnt a good addition anyway
>>
>>53062147

Our rule is, that any new players get fucked by the other players.

Not IG. They get bent over the table, and ass fucked (or vaginal if they identify as female).

I've found that this bonding experience makes us function better as a group.

Oddly enough, we've not had any new players in quite some time. I'll look into that.
>>
>>53062147
Talk to the girl and find out if she even wants to be there or is just indulging her boyfriend. If she wants to stay then try to talk the problems out. If she isn't interested in cooperating, give her the boot.
>>
>>53070665
>Talk to the girl

You realize this is /tg/, right anon?

Half the posters here don't believe that these "Girl" things exist.
>>
>>53070686
There's no such thing as "girls", anon.

They're just made up things like unicorns, or the moon landing.
>>
>>53070817
That's not true!

My grandfather told me they live over the mountains. They're totally real, and they poop babies out of their butts!
>>
>>53068439
>Immature response
>Anime picture
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>53070830
Just listen to yourself! Babies? Out of butts? Poop comes from there, anon! Poop! Babies are made in hospitals with secret fleshcrafting techniques, everybody knows that.
>>
>>53063410
Do you still have the pics?
>>
>>53070861
I'll not allow you to call my grandfather a liar!

>Fight breaks out
>Once again, women start trouble
>>
>>53070861
Anon, you and your psuedo-science mumbo jumbo, everyone knows that babies are hand crafted by aquatic birds.
>>
>>53071058
Not this again. The baby birds are just a myth creationists like to spread around. I mean really, a bunch of sentient birds crafting babies in a magical factory up in the sky and then delivering them in cute little parcels, and when you die you get returned to the factory to be "recycled" into a new life? But only if you were good!
>>
>>53062190
>>53062147
Nah, be an adult and ask the young woman to put her phone away if she's going to play with you guys. If your problem is with her, talk to her about it.

Pic only tangentially related.
>>
>>53064076
Wow, really working hard to get to become an IRL Wizard, aren't you?
>>
File: 1374821683735.jpg (59KB, 625x416px) Image search: [Google]
1374821683735.jpg
59KB, 625x416px
I currently DM a game with a husband and wife and the wife is a perfectly valid player. I have more issue with the uninterested cunt brother of hers playing an evil goblin rogue. I'm waiting for him to fuck up really hard. Worst thing to say about the wife is she doesn't SEEM interested. but she is still engaging the game
>>
>>53067320
>orcs are thinly-veiled racist allegories for black or native peoples.
Prove it you little shit
>>
>>53071916
I always thought orcs were........well........orcs.
>>
I wish I was a girl
>>
>>53071991
And I want to be a mage.
>>
File: 1345686909120.png (2MB, 1180x760px) Image search: [Google]
1345686909120.png
2MB, 1180x760px
>>53072016
and i want a girl with big tits to lick peanut butter off my toes but we all don't get what we want in life now do we Anon?
>>
>>53062147
NO YOKO. What part of that simple rule is so difficult for you youngsters to get?
>>
>dozens of That Guy threads a month
>handful of anecdotes about girls being bad at gaming
>hurr all women are garbage at d&d

I don't know why, but I expect better of you, /tg/.
>>
>>53062147
I played alongside a girl who played a large luchador man who could cast oil, but only on himself. he also wore a banana hammock. good stuff. i look forward to joining her next game.
>>
>>53072233

>people bitch about that guy all the time

>one thread about shitty girls at the table

>OMFG REALLY? ALL WOMEN ARE BAD? FUCKING MISOGYNISTS! LOL I EXPECT BETTER FROM YOU. HOW COULD YOU BE SO UNINFORMED IN 2017?

The only way you could white knight any harder is if you tipped you rode up on horseback, tipped your helmet's visor and said m'lady. We bitch about guys, but bitching about shitty girl players in one thread sets you off? I don't see you crying about that guy threads.
>>
>>53064076
>a full 75% of female gamers are there at the bequest of their boyfriends or brothers

>being of sound mind, I bequeath my spot at my Friday night DnD game to my beloved Cynthia
>>
>>53072433
See >>53064076

There's definitely people in this thread throwing out blanket opinions based on bad experience.

But feel free to ignore that fact.
>>
>>53072583

People do that in a lot of threads. Hell, people do it a lot in real life about a lot of shit. Stop being a thin skinned bitch because it's about a woman, you fedora tipping cunt.
>>
>>53072583
And you don't see how you, likewise, are painting one idiot as representative of the board as a whole? Do you not think before you type?
>>
>>53072686
>>53072678
For what it's worth, I'm not >>53072233

I was just pointing out that there is definitely a party of anons that take these threads as a call to rally against women in general.
>>
>>53072433
>The only way you could white knight any harder

Times /tg/ white knights: 9/10
Times white knights get laid: 0/10
>>
>>53072713
And? There are idiots everywhere. Getting upset every time someone acts like a jackass or says something ridiculous doesn't hurt them, it just causes you stress.

In fact, you're more likely to just reinforce their opinions or cause them to attack you as well. Rather than looking like a voice of reason you end up throwing fuel on the fire.
>>
>>53072713

So? Don't care. We have that guy threads too. People speak for themselves. The whole thread isn't responsible for that. And I don't care if it hurts your feelings. I've played with good players of both genders, so I don't feel the need to be a touchy little beta faggot rushing to defend the honor of fair maidens. This is basically a that guy thread, but about girls. You give it more importance than it actually has. And you're on 4chan, so grow a pair.
>>
>>53072758
>>53072793
I think you both sorely missed the point of my post.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>53072808

You said people ignored the fact that one neckbeard has a hateboner for girls. That's true. Nobody gives a fuck, you whiny baby.
>>
>>53072713
>a call to rally against women in general.
To be fair, the vast majority of females are not suited to this hobby. Maybe about 5% of them can be good at it, compared to around 20% of men.
>>
>>53072808
No, I definitely understand your point. I'm just telling you you're an idiot for thinking it's valid or well thought out in any way. If you look below the very tippy toppest layer of the thread, you'll see that these people are a minority, as they are in the real world*.

*The place outside of tumblr
>>
File: 1480926535469.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1480926535469.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>53063664
Non-players don't get to watch our games.
I fucking hate having TTG's as a spectator sport. We go hard out. It's embarassing.

If you're not fully in the magic, you're fully out of the room, because I don't want to get tagged in your shitty instagram snippets about how lame we are compared to your couch-sitting ass.
>>
>>53062791
If I was with your sister, I'd finish early, too.
>>
>>53064307
1. This isn't a bad thing, it means you're a precious commodity in any tabletop group and Everybody gonna want you.

That being said:
>>53064942
Not for proof reasons but because I'm a stranger and breasts improve my day, and casual exhibitionism to strangers is never a bad thing.
>>
>>53064944
You're thinking of sexism.
Sexism is like racism except between people.
>>
>>53073043
>between people.

>implying that women are "people"
>>
>>53065411
Oh man, played with a hippy once.
>Be thief-sniper
>Had to fight draco-turtles, awesome fight sequence.
>Samurai (Hippy's BF) gets his ancestral sword lodged in their plates, loses it
>Hippy shouting 'Let's make friends!'
>We decide why not, cleric speaks draconic, so he he negotiates.
>Turns out they're extremely territorial, and we explain that we're happy to skirt around their territory
>They turn to go home
>Samurai says 'What about my sword'
>Nope.jpg
>I go "Well, we need that sword."
>Shoot turtle
>Fight sequence x2
>Except this time girl Hippy and her BF samurai refuse to fight
>I go 'kay', and hide.
>Turtles start attacking other party members
>Hippy still refuses to attack. Dies.
>Samurai kills turtles in self-defense
>Hippy starts screaming at him
>Everyone goes sullen.
>My character cuts the sword free and gives it to Samurai.
>No thanks. No anything
>Super awkward session from then on
>Hippy refuses to join if I don't leave, has constant fights with Samurai about him still coming to sessions.

Yeah... Not doing that again.
>>
>>53064307
Got a friend like you. It's a rarity, honestly, for either gender, to be like this.
>>
>>53065137
Liked it a lot before I started smoking. Actually started because I liked the smell so much
>>
>>53068498
I pirated your game.
>>
>>53072919
I can certainly respect your position aside from two points:

>We go hard out.
>It's embarrassing.
Pick one.

>I don't want to get tagged in your shitty instagram snippets about how lame we are compared to your couch-sitting ass.
I would find it so very hard to give a rat's ass about this.
But like I said, your position is perfectly valid.
I don't mind hangers on, but unless they're just doing something else in the same general area like that anon's self aware gf, I'd want to know why they're even there.
>>
>>53073094
Women are people.
It's their worst trait.
>>
>>53062791
Hell your sister joins you in a make believe game about magics and elves and you complain?
My sisters (and whole family) hate videogames and don't even understand what D&D is (or pen and paper games in general).

Consider yourself lucky that you have a sister that has interests close to yours, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>53063861
You should have spanked her, and then penetrated her.
And then give her gold and items in the game to BEG her to keep fucking you.
Feg
>>
>>53073404
>pick one
Things you do at the time can be incredibly fun but later not-fun when they affect your professional and home life because some slag put photos up on facebook.

Granted playing TTG's are slightly less worrisome than being a bottom bitch, but still, it has the capability to make my boss think that I am not the 'all football, red meat & beer' that I allow him to know.
>>
>>53073660
This but just spanked. Only spanked.

Fucking is breaking the bro-code. Just a disciplinary BJ though is fine, so she knows those kinds of petitions aren't appropriate.
>>
>>53073161
My hippy's pretty good. Most of the party (more experienced) will tell her that befriending an Illithid will end poorly, or alternatively, they'll let he try it and they have a harpy following them around for an encounter or two
>>
>>53073700
Does she get super aggressive if you kill an enemy druid's animal companion, or kill dire bears or whatnot?
>>
>>53064076
This guy speaks the truth, but he's being shat on and will keep being shat on because some idiots think the 10% of women that are worth playing somehow overshadow the 90% that aren't.

I'd say you're better off excluding women in general (out of all groups you can blanket ban other than confirmed SJWs [who also tend to be mostly women, how surprising] this one has the best annoyance lost to benefit lost ratio). Even if you really, desperately want women because you need to fill some quota or whatever then your stance towards them shouldn't be "yes, if..." but "no, unless...". And even then it's a risky move because putting women into a formerly all-male group throws their dynamics on its head. Even if these men are all married, and I can't speak from experience but I'm pretty sure this even happens with gay men.
>B-BUT GRRRL GAMERZ WANT TO PLAY TOO ;__;
Why don't they start their own groups then? Oh, wait, because most of them aren't fucking interested in playing the game. And for the five who do, I hope they have fun far away from me.
>>
>>53073869
I give girls a chance to stand on their own merits, but they usually fail me.
Unless they're born to it, they just aren't gonna like it.
And thus we successfully breed out the nerd race.
>>
>>53073893
In the same way Western civilization overall is being bred out. A civilization that cannot keep its women in line is condemned to the pages of history. We can only hope that we're given a lengthy description as a glorious golden age rather than being remembered as a mere footnote in the narrative pushed by those who supplant us.
>>
>>53073869
I hate playing with humans. Why would I play with the 1% of humans who like TTGs when 99% are shitheads who think it's stupid? Anyone who plays with humans is an idiot.
>>
>>53073824
If the enemy is hostile, no. But she'd probably rather brutalize the druid and take in the animal because she thinks she'd be a better owner
>>
>>53073913

... Swap you hippies?
>>
File: 1454143406691.jpg (32KB, 259x276px) Image search: [Google]
1454143406691.jpg
32KB, 259x276px
>>53073912
Nice try, but you forget the shit-to-good ratio. By excluding humans you exclude all the shit and all the good (unless you have some alien buddies hanging out at your crib). Women have a significantly higher shit-to-good ratio, so what little good is lost is deemed an acceptable sacrifice for all the shit and drama that's avoided. You can equally apply this standard to any other group you want to, from the obese to those who unironically wear fedoras. You can even choose to apply it to men instead of women, it's your funeral and not mine.
>>
>>53073970
Except none of that is based on fact and is actually just your own anecdotes and bias getting in the way of your ability to think rationally and judge each person on an individual level. Though I suppose it is easier to just generalize rather than actually interacting with people and getting to know whether they're worth having in a group or not.
>>
>>53073970
Sorry that post momentarily tried to get you out of your safe space anon, I'm sure they didn't mean to trigger you
>>
>>53072132
I dunno, you could get that at max for 200 hundred dollars I bet.
>>
>>53074002
There is a noise to signal ratio in everything in life. If I want to Rick roll someone I can either link them to a video on youtube or I can turn on random radio stations to find the one channel playing it. Which is a better use of your time?

No one is saying 100% of any group is bad. That is inaccurate and we all know it. That doesn't mean every group is worth investing your limited time on.
>>
>>53062147
Why don't you tell the girl.
>>
>>53074344
Each time.
>>
>>53073869
You know why girls find guys to game with?

Because we think other girls are just as insufferable to play with as you do.

And the worst part is, we know this, you know this, and it affects everyone at the table.

I have exclusively done text roll20 games, and recently got a mic with a voice altering problem, that makes me sound *just* masculine enough, that people will at worst call me faggot, and never suspect anything.

That's the best case scenario. Because if people know I am a girl, most will either cause a ruckus about it, or be annoyed by it, and I will start being afraid of messing up, and just choking completely.

It is really annoying, and there is absolutely nothing to be done about it.
>>
>>53074533
Cheaper than getting married, I bet after a while discounts and stuff could be talked, I know some whores than could go as low as five euros, but I dunno how it is in USA.
>>
>>53074531
>It's a girl
When she takes it to your boyfriend, the story will have changed drastically, and she's gonna be using that in order to Ensure that you lose him too.
>>
>>53074557
What does it feel like knowing you're human cancer who will rot any group you touch just through your existence?
>>
>>53062735
Crippling anxiety is really fucking annoying to deal with in a player, so good on her for sparing the rest.
>>
>>53074675
Terrible. It is the suffering of being very interested in the wrong hobby.

Literally can't join a live game. Someone will invariably ruin everything because "omg gurl, better white knight", which leads to ruined friendships, or alternatively, I draw so little attention to myself that I might as well not be there.

Fuck whoever is responsible for creating this kind of culture. I just want my gaming crack.
>>
>>53074719
I dont really get this.
Im an eurofag, and over here we dont care too much whoever the fuck joins the game, as long as they can fucking play.
Is it really that bad over in americaland?
>>
12 year GM here. It just doesn't work. Either they aren't as interested as they try to tell you they are, a player can't handle a vagina in the room, or they start using the nerd cred to turn your group into orbiters around queen alpha bitch herself. It's easier to just exclude and stand your ground on the issue than make an exception and watch a group implode.
>>
>>53074736
Not him, but I'm a euro too and women are bad everywhere. Sounds like you live in Eastern Europe and you -think- women aren't all that bad because you have a culture that actively punishes women for being pieces of shit.

There are two kinds of women: whores, and whores who were never told to believe in themselves.
>>
>>53074736
You're full of shit or you're an idiot and I say this as someone living in the UK.

>Girl joins group
>Men suddenly react to girl in group
>Entire dynamic changes
>Start competing for her attention
>Games ruined and becomes something very different.

Men and women have different social value, the moment you introduce a high value person into a low value group you fuck it up. Nothing can be done about it.

>>53074719
Gimme yo e-mail and I'll give you a gaming crack :^)
>>
>>53074736
Depends on how autistic the group is and their average age. Generally adults act like adults.
>>
This is an 18+ board folks, just so you know

I mean, the only possible explanation for the sorts of stories here is you're still in high school, because when adults are in relationships it's not unusual for both parties to have their own hobbies and to trust each other to have an evening apart without being stapled to each other

OP, talk to both of the people, tell the guy to unfuck himself if he's insisting his GF play, ask her whether she is enjoying herself and if not why not, and fucking communicate rather than autistically screeching
>>
>>53074780
I can tell you haven't left the house or interacted with another human being in real life in years.
>he thinks high school ends when you have a social life
>>
>>53074803
You'll understand when you're older.
>>
>>53074752
>eastern europe has a culture that punishes people for being pieces of shit
wait? you don't?
>>
>>53074812
(U)
>>
>>53074752
Norway, if that tells ya anything.

>>53074753
Fuck off crumpetmuncher. The fact that you island-dwelling virgins cant keep your head in the game the second something disrupts the smell of sweat and basement probably says more about you than us.
>>
>>53074557
>Girl who doesn't like white knights

You might be onto something.
>>
>>53074825
You sure are angry for people pointing out that men and women are treated different socially. Maybe you should make yourself a nice rope necklace and take up bungie jumping with it.
>>
>>53062147
Rape his girlfriend until she plays the game properly.
>>
>>53074736
I am in western Europe. This guy got it right: >>53074753

I refuse to game with anybody who knows my gender, because it ruins it, garantueed.

My social anxiety isnt helping, but it primarily stems from having destroyed a couple of friendships because I wanted to get into role-playing. Not even because of a guy, just because I was interested.

>>53074844
I've only met a handful of girls who actually liked white knight types, and they were terrible people, openly abusing them, and having a laugh about how far they could take it.

White knights are universally looked down upon. This shouldn't be news to anybody.
>>
File: tumblr_o46ydwdISC1qkurpoo2_1280.jpg (112KB, 1024x799px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o46ydwdISC1qkurpoo2_1280.jpg
112KB, 1024x799px
>>53068498
Also, i pirated fallout 4.
And didn't even played it.
>>
>>53074803
no, i just have a job which involves more than flipping burgers and socialise with people who can handle working actual jobs and keeping down a family
>>
>>53074906
>Not because of a guy, just because I was interested

That's either a lie or you're one 'Australian' short of being the gem of the venn.
>>
>>53074906
>get a you
>no e-mail
>Will never have the ultimate weapon to destroy groups under my control

Fuck, how can I be the BBEG of roleplaying if I don't have a master destroyer!?
>>
>>53062934
>>53062949
People like you are the reason feminism has any traction at all. Your retardation hurts men more than it helps.
>>
File: 1332387575501.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1332387575501.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>53072579
underrated post, could easily have have been foundation for the entire thread if it was in the first 5 responses.
>>
>>53064870
Wew
>>
>>53074929
I was the usual /tg/ kind of player at first, where I knew several different rulebook by heart, but never actually played a game. Saw a poster with people looking for a new player, and I jumped on ghe opportunity.

Unfortunately, these 4 friends couldn't really get over having a girl in their group, and I was terrible at handling it, so everything fell apart.

I didn't take a cue, tried a few other groups, and when the same thing happened, I tried online games instead. Same thing happened, but with a lot more private messages.

You are automatically a group destroying entity if you are a girl. That's the way of life.
>>
>>53074986
We have two girls in our group but each of them is the girlfriend of one of our GM so maybe thats why it worka
>>
>>53075006
>GM's girlfriend
Guarantee you he fudges her rolls.
I know my most recent GM was
>>
>>53075006
>Is too socially unaware to tell men and women have different social value
>Thinks his group is healthy as he's ignorant
>>
>>53075041
Was that in the chapter your class read today or something?
>>
>>53072145
I didn't grew up in the sixties so eh
>>
>>53074845
>angry
Ah fuck, you are right, sorry.
I obviously forgot my :^]
>>
>Never have to deal with any of this because everyone in the group knows they don't have a shot with the girls at the table because they're both lesbians so they default to "one of the guys" in the social dynamic

Feels good
>>
My most recent ex-girlfriend had some experience gaming, but she is an edgy murder hobo and who would never pay attention to the game if it "wasn't her turn".
Meanwhile, my younger sister has only picked up gaming in the last year but is already GMing her own game and rather well I might add.
>>
>>53075041
This sounds more like the people you associate having such low social intelligence that girls showing up instantly warps the game or something

I mean, I get that people who play tabletop games tend to lack social graces to begin with so I understand why you would think this is a universal thing, but actual well adjusted adults don't have this problem.
>>
>>53074986
I'd like to say something like 'there's guys out there who don't do that'.
But I mean that's one step down in specificity.

If most grills are shit and most guys are shit to the grills who aren't, I guess there's no point.
>>
>>53075192
Yeah, seconded. I'm reading through this thread of people going on about girls instantly degenerating social groups and going "man I'm sure glad the girl in our game group is gay as fuck, we never have to put up with any of this."
>>
>>53075224
"social intelligence" says everything we need to know about you.

Men and women are not treated the same in any social situation ever. They are treated very differently and this means mixed groups do not function the same way as an all male group. Any one who says they do is either incredibly stupid or lying.
>>
>>53075224
This, holy shit. How is this not obvious to people?
>>
>>53075244
>Men and women are not treated the same in any social situation ever.

You sound kind of bitter over some failed personal experiences with women but no, I'm pretty sure so long as everyone at the table isn't a lonely virgin who's instantly trying to fuck every woman they see this isn't actually a thing.

As soon as you sit down at a table with people who actually have successful social relationships with women outside the ones who come to the table this "group degrading" social effect stops, instantly.
>>
>>53067320
The fuck are you talking about? Orcs are specifically colonialist whites, they have no homeland and hate every native to a point where they want to destroy them all. Just like how the whites were banished from Africa after Jakub created them, then they interbred with and destroyef the neanderthals, occupying europe and going on to enslave and murder every other race from there.
>>
>>53075250
>How is this not obvious to people?
They got turned down by the girl they beta orbited back in high school and project that bitterness onto people with successful relationships now.
>>
>>53075286
It is a thing and it's provable. Try taking a look at court cases for the exact same crime. The man will be punished more severely than the woman. Courts are supposed to be completely neutral in a way above and beyond any other setting in society is. Yet here we can see evidence of women being treated better than men, how do you think it places out in the wild?

You're projecting emotional shit onto someone stating facts here. Your entire argument is "that's not true, I bet you haven't even fucked a woman yet". Which shows that your world view is based around pleasing women and any one who doesn't focus on doing so must be wrong. If nothing else it shows your entire mentality is gynocentric so you can't see how different men and women are treated because you pedestal women and ignore reality.

But do continue. It's funny to see you try so hard to ignore reality.
>>
File: 1492422711832.png (698KB, 1032x860px) Image search: [Google]
1492422711832.png
698KB, 1032x860px
>>53071991
I wish I was a big girl.
>>
>>53075250
It's people who have never had a girlfriend and desperately want to bang every girl who shows up at the table, so they think that's the same for everyone else at the table too.
>>
>>53075286
https://www.quora.com/Are-women-treated-better-than-men-in-Western-Society

Look up "women are wonderful" and see where that gets you White knighto-san
>>
>>53064077
We didn't ask for her/his/xyz gender. Now cough up the sauce.
>>
>>53074817
>wait? you don't?
Fuck no, being told bad things about you can lead to stunted emotional and social growth. We just pretend we don't notice and wait until the problem resolves itself.
>>
>>53075369
That explains a lot of the posts in this thread.
>>
>>53075318
>But do continue. It's funny to see you try so hard to ignore reality.
This is kind of funny, since you're the one with a point to prove getting really angry at some vague and nebulous social force and I'm not.

Nobody's saying that women can't negatively impact social groups, I'm just pointing out that only happens when someone's trying to have sex with her.

If you're playing with people with any social graces the chances are high that they have satisfying relationships outside the ones at their table. If you're positing that every man who has a significant other is also unfaithful and wants to fuck every woman he sees, you seem to have a lower opinion on your fellow men than any courtroom system does.

You can bluster all you want about "white knighting," but it ignores the fact that I'm explicitly not trying to win sex by sticking up for fair maidens or some shit. I already have a girlfriend and can keep my dick in my pants for four hours a week when a woman who isn't her is around, and I'm suggesting the average person has the tact and good graces to do the same.

I'm sorry you don't, I guess?
>>
>>53075408
Okay so you are retard, let me explain in a simple manner.

Men and women are treated differently
Mixed sex groups are different to single sex groups
Mixed groups are less interesting because women are cunts

Do you understand now or are you going to continue to look like a faggot?
>>
>>53074974
I'm intrigued why you think that. Please elaborate.
>>
>>53075429
>Mixed groups are less interesting because women are cunts

>Do you understand nowt?
Yes, unfortunately you don't appear to.
>>
>>53075429
All of this stuff is obvious though. Why are you telling him?
>>
>>53075429
>because women are cunts
>do you understand now?

I understand why you can't get along in a group with women pretty clearly now, yeah.
>>
>>53075429
You're doing a great job disproving that "low social intelligence" theory, here.

I guess at the end of the day I'll keep enjoying the company we keep and you can keep being paranoid whenever women show up in a social group, and I'll let that be self-evident as to who actually won this discussion.
>>
Well, I'm bailing the fuck outta this thread now.
Literally have lost my popcorn appetite.
>>
>>53062147
no girls allowed. We've had them in the past and they were bad players. They couldnt RP properly, their characters were bad and the double standard with play was frustrating along with them leaving the table when they werent rolling etc.

My bf is allowed cause hes good at it ;3 I met him on here so theres hope for all you big ol' poobois
>>
File: 1243546567.jpg (7KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
1243546567.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
>>53075438
>>53075446
Not the guy you are replying to but as someone who plays in a few different games with women and without, and as someone who was in the infantry for some time ( full of men who do get laid, but also disregard women in a similar fashion to this thread) there is a clear difference between an all male group, an all female group, and various groups with mixed genders.
Couple of differences I've noted

Men
>focus more on rules, less on RP
>will spend hours talking about various character builds
>even if a few are cunts/retarded can still all work together most of the time
>more about objectives, less about characters

Women
>more RP/motivations/backstory, less on rules
>will spend hours talking about various character backstories
>If a few are cunts/retarded usually can't make the group last four+ sessions
>more about characters, less about objectives

Now, not all women are terrible players, I know some very good players that are female (I would even go as far to say one of the best players in any game I know is female).
However, especially in more objective based games like D&D that dominate the tabletop culture, the tendency to care less about rules, more about their characters, and their focus on (and likely domination of) the inter-party dynamics puts them in a position where the inexperienced female can easily trash a group.
Whether they are an asshole, stupid, or just new to the game it is easy for someone who focuses on those things in particular to lean towards That Guydom, which is why I am not surprised there are GM's who are leery at letting women into their games, they have good reason.

While the dude you are replying to is being a dick about it, women do change the dynamic in a predominately male group, just as a lone, attractive guy changes the dynamic in an all female group (gets just as ugly if not worse, let me tell you).
I hope I've been clear, I'm not out to give anyone the finger here.
>>
>>53075408
>I'm just pointing out that only happens when someone's trying to have sex with her.
Welcome to any group that isnt composed entirely of married people.
>>
>>53074908
>todd standing slightly behind hideo
>hideo wearing typical asian boots that make him seem taller
Hmm
>>
>>53075521
Married people still play the game of seduction. Just because you're married doesn't mean you slam the door on pussy you might want in the future.
>>
File: 1358528145470.jpg (131KB, 582x334px) Image search: [Google]
1358528145470.jpg
131KB, 582x334px
>>53074753
If a game got fucked up because a girl dared to make an appearance, then the group was pathetic anyway.

Stop being thirsty niggas and fucking play, it's not hard
>>
>>53075041
>thinks that general trends equally affect every individual group
>>
>>53075598
>it's not hard
It is hard, that's the problem.
>>
>>53075598
Nigger how about you try understanding that just having women in a group changes how men act if they want sex from them or not. Women are expected to be treated better than men in all situations. If you treat them like men you will cause a shit storm.
>>
>>53075516
Yes, your reply is reasonable. The other guy is asserting that because women are generally treated better/differently and generally worse players than men that it was impossible for that one guy to have a healthy mixed group.
>>
>>53075602
No it's not, learn some self-control

>>53075619
I've played with girls before. There was no special treatment because no one actually gave a shit.

>Women are expected to be treated better than men in all situations. If you treat them like men you will cause a shit storm.
Try not hanging around brats
>>
>>53075619
I think the actual argument at this point is if it changes the group enough to ruin the experience.

Bringing a gay guy or a black guy also changes the dynamics of a group, but nobody's suggesting a "no gays" or "no blacks" rule on the basis they're "disruptive"
>>
When women enter a male social group, generally either the men will sperg out, she will cause a shitstorm, or some combination of the two. This will not happen if the men don't give the women special treatment and the women don't act like retarded bitches.

However, most men will give women differential treatment, and most women will act like retarded bitches, so this becomes the overall trend. Exceptions exist depending on the individuals involved.

Can we all agree on this?
>>
>>53075666
Black nerds are usually the best, so it stands to reason that nobody would complain about them.
Except for when they try to sneak in DBZ references in their characters, then it gets obnoxious.
>>
>>53075656
Try not being so retarded you can't understand social dynamics. It's blindly obvious that people treat women better than men by default. It's not something you try to do, you just do it. Biological instincts make it happen.

>>53075666
Entirely different scenario. A gay guy can keep his sexuality private and never have it interact with the game. A woman cannot keep her sexuality private due to the fact that her ability to incubate a baby makes her sexuality her biggest asset in life.
>>
>>53075676
As the poster of >>53075516 I think that sums it up fairly well, yes.
>>
>>53075691
>gays
>keeping their sexuality private
Good joke.
>>
>>53075697
Most of them cannot but that's not the issue here. Gays can in theory hide their sexuality among other men. Simply put, STFU and you're one of the group. Where as women cannot hide that they are baby incubators. It's something they can't ever turn off the way a gay guy can turn off his sexual side while playing the game.

theredpillroom.blogspot co uk/2012/08/the-male-social-matrix-back-to-sandbox.html This article covers stuff pretty nicely. It points out that men have to earn their place where as women get given places just for having a pussy. It completely changes the group "hiring" dynamic.
>>
>>53075676
I really don't know how you've come across so many low-class bitches that you think they represent the majority of their (roughly) half of the human population.

Or how you've managed to also associate seemingly exclusively with men who freak out over having a vagina within 10 feet of them.

Maybe that says more about you than the people you claim ruin your games?
>>
>>53075732
It's obvious every time you post because you're so blue pilled on social dynamics it's pathetic.
>>
>>53075676
No, we can't.
>>
>>53075742
If by blue pilled mean "has actual experience on the matter" then sure. I've played with people of all races/creeds/nationalities/ages/genders and the only people who ruin games consistently are the autistic ones.
>>
>>53075676
You need to be at least 18 years old to use this website
>>
>>53075762
>Genders

:^)
>>
>>53075726
The difference is basically that while it's only on the gay guy to behave properly to make the group work, it's on both parties to make a mixed group work. The woman has to not be an idiot who can't play, doesn't care and likes to wave around her woman card, and the guys have to be willing to not give her special treatment. Having one of those factors in a group is common enough, but both is rare. If the woman acts like a decent human being but the men still sperg out over her prescience the group is screwed. If the men aren't pussywhipped and treat her like one of the group but she's a dumb bitch and can't handle that the group is just as screwed.
>>
>>53075772
Projecting kiddo?
>>
>>53075774
Yes, plural. There are two genders anon.
>>
>>53075780
You realize that like 99% of society comingles genders, ages, ethnicities, and religions with practically no impact to function of the overall group right? Unless you have worked on a construction site and still think it's the eighties it's impossible for you to not realize men and women can interact for hours (DAYS even) at a time without sexuality being an issue. Unless you're a NEET or underage of course.
>>
>>53075780
Women being in a group changes the dynamic of that group. Why is this so hard for you to understand? It isn't about behaving well or behaving poorly, it's an instinctive reaction to an outsider. You have to adapt your behaviour to this non-male creature because it's now X males and 1 non-male instead of X males.

It's getting old trying to explain this to retards. It's not a conscious action, it's purely sub conscious and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.
>>
>>53075820
>Unless you're a NEET or underage of course.
There's the problem. You're talking about interaction between people in the real world to people who only play online games.
>>
>>53075820
How stupid are you? Men and women are treated differently because they are different. Having a vagina changes your value. The fact that you have the ability to create humans inside you gets you better treatment than not having it. The timeline doesn't change this fact, it's an revolutionary trait to treat women better than men.
>>
>>53075823
>nothing you can do to prevent it
Ah, biological fatalism.

You could just not give a shit about it like some people do but this is too hard for you wrap your brain around.

>>53075820
>>53075823
Both of you are retards.
>>
>>53075823
Sorry, Merkel, but it's actually the outsider that has to adapt to the group they are joining in a healthy society. If the people in your group can't handle a new memeber, it's 100% their fault.
>>
>>53075726
>>53075780
If knowing one of the players is gay is enough to throw off your group, the group was full of spergs anyway. Unless they were trying to suck every dick in the room while shouting how gay they were, no one should care

>>53075823
>I have no control over how I treat people
>>
>>53075858
This is retarded logic. If you have group A and add B to it, then it's no longer the same group A. The fact that B has been added to it changes the group no matter how much they try to adapt to it. Even if it was identical twins and one joined the group the other was in, that 5th person instead of a group of 4 changes the dynamic. How each person interacts with the other 3 changes now because person 5 changed the group.

I give up at this point. This discussion is so blue pill it's painful. It's nothing but people claiming they're totally le enlightened gentleman while ignoring reality.
>>
>>53075886
I'm glad you've given up if it means I don't have to read your autistic drivel any longer. You clearly have no idea how relationships between multiple people of different backgrounds actually work and are just quoting things you've been told by equally autistic idiots.
>>
>>53063496
Some women actually grew up with father figures that knew what the hell they were doing anon.
>>
>>53064076
I'll take Sweeping Generalizations for 500, Alex! Oh, /tg/ you get me every time.

Although a few of them are kinda headscratchers, especially
>Women are worse at math, they only excel in the younger years because of their faster maturation
If anything I've had the opposite experience. The wife makes me look like a damn fool at math, for one. She does get bored quick with tg, but I get the sense it's more the contemptuous crushing-mere-mortals-like-ants in any deterministic game that does it.
>>
>>53075994
>Is dumber than a woman

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho.

Now you make so much sense. You're one of the pathetic idiots who play the games not one of the intelligent people.
>>
>>53065205
>At least with the weed faggots I don't feel like I'm literally inhaling cancer.
You are, though. Weed is just as carcinogenic.
>>
>>53076617
Yet marijuana use has not been linked to an increase in instances of lung cancer. Funny how everyone leaves that part out.
>>
>>53067022
I love the 25 pushup rule, it makes sense, but what do groups do with muscle-issues players? I have EDS and can do 10 pushups before my muscles start to rip
>>
>>53076776
25 long necks.
>>
>>53062147
You could do like i do and impose a no woman allowed in the table unless everyone agree, i have been using that as an excuse for more than 10 years and have worked like a charm every time.

And if you are worried about being called a sexist or something like that just say you are shy around woman and that sometimes you feel like having a panic attack or something.
>>
>>53075994
>The wife makes me look like a damn fool at math
That's good news, maybe you can ask your wife how averages work.
>>
File: Bad k-turns.png (524KB, 645x439px) Image search: [Google]
Bad k-turns.png
524KB, 645x439px
>>53062147
No phones at the table rule.
Bitch has no choice but to either actively participate. If she enjoys it, problem solved, if she doesn't, she'll stop showing up, problem solved.
Also, if your players are getting distracted by a grill at the table, they are either aspies, have ADHD or you aren't running the campaign in an engaging way.

Jesus, how long did it take to reach this point.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nk3hnd3ECZ1qmoaae.png (141KB, 454x509px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nk3hnd3ECZ1qmoaae.png
141KB, 454x509px
>Longest-running game I've played included two female players
>Current game I'm GMing has a female player
>Have yet to personally have a majorly negative experience with any of the female players I've encountered so far in the 10 years I've been playing
>Players have 90% of the time treated each other with respect, regardless of gender, since we're all fans of the same weird hobby.

It's weird reading all the stories in this thread.
>>
File: 1479592991026.png (699KB, 900x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1479592991026.png
699KB, 900x1155px
>>53063347
This guy gets it. Let them deal with it between themselves after the session. Nobody wants real life drama at the game table.
>>
Do you guys think OP was expecting his bait thread to make it to autosage when he posted it?
>>
>>53062791

Your sister wants to hang out with you. Kick her out of your group and into a poker night (surely some of your gamer friends like to drink and play cards, which are a traditional game after all).
>>
>>53076629
You are breathing in smoke. It's cancerous, like your stoner lifestyle.
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.