[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Era would you choose?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 20170504161531_1.jpg (216KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170504161531_1.jpg
216KB, 1440x900px
Which Era would you choose?
>>
The one with the zombie Romans.
>>
>>53060941
It leaves out that the best necromancer nation is in the middle ages. And I think the best blood magic nation is in the late ages?
>>
>>53060941

I tend to like playing the middle ages best, but I like the early ages factions the most. I am also objectively shit at the inner workings of the game so I'm probably missing a lot of stuff.

I do love building a middle Age Ulm pretender who just sits around crafting magic items so I have flying heavy knights with giant fuckoff axes to split entire castles in half.
>>
>>53060941
What game is this?
>>
>>53060941
EA best A.

>>53060978
Best blood nation is debatable, but certainly not a MA nation. MA is when Death magic shoves everybody's shit in.

>>53061798
Dominos 4, Couches of Ascension.
>>
>>53061825
Thanks boo
>>
>>53061798

Dominions 4, anon.
>>
Late ages because I have a boner for steel plate
>>
We usually play MA though I kinda prefer EA for all the mythical stuff.
>>
I have a soft spot for Late Age because everything is so shitty and everyone is more dependent on their soldiers rather than magic bullshit, but Middle Age is probably the Dominions experience since it's a balance of everything.
>>
>>53060941
gimmie that post late age insanity
>>
>>53060941
>Which Era would you choose?

Early Ages and consciously make an effort to preserve said ages.

Savage Worlds are best.
>>
>>53061825
Why do people enjoy Dominions? I tried it but it just seemed like massing huge armies and throwing them at one another and praying your AI-controlled mages cast the right spells.
>>
>>53068489
Because of the depth of the system, the grade-A lore, and the diplomatic aspects.

With regard to your complaint, that's the sort of thing that happens only in very low-skill play. Any competent player will just crush a doomstack with an army-killing spell and actually script his mages.
>>
>>53060941
Early age! Time for Elves!
>>
>>53060941
MA has the most interesting nations but EA appeals to my sense of whimsy the best and I like EA Tien Chi a lot.

>>53060978
LA Ulm functions extremely well as a blood magic nation iirc. Blood magic synergises well with otherwise non-magical, weapon-oriented nations. I don't know about "best," though.

Also the problem with ermor is that while it's cool as all fuck, it's actually relatively hard to play unless your opponents have a really weak early game or are too stupid to be marignon and storm your borders/be other nations and put aside their differences to exterminate you. With ermor you're either gonna play against fuckwits and TOTALLY steamroll them or play against people of middling or better competence and get TOTALLY steamrolled almost immediately.
>>
>>53068489
You played it wrong. You should play through the tutorial (it's actually a guide to playing through a controlled campaign), it'll familiarise you with important things like commander instructions and editing your army's formations. I can tell you didn't do this because combat relies heavily on smart formations (and a diverse but weak force can often triumph over an otherwise far superior force with good formation and battle instructions for flanking, on-field assassination, etc), and you can literally tell your mages what spells to cast in a fight and what order to cast them in, and can copy/paste lists of orders or carefully tweak each individual mage's instructions.

Apart from that, deep lore, (f)unbalanced but interesting nation mechanics, the overall grand strategy wargame appeal that games like risk have, and the buildup to an endgame where you put a second sun in the sky so there is eternal day and the earth burns up because you're bitter that ice giants accidentally killed your small army on the same turn your army took a province niefelheim also wanted 80 months ago. That was my first full Dominoes experience, everyone who gets really into it has their own endgame ritual or combination of rituals that made them fall in love with it it seems- I was introduced to it a few years ago via a guy here who played MA ermor and accidentally overfed that one summon that you lose control of if it eats too many corpses and becomes too powerful, and it became a chaotic snowballing force of destruction that he just kept praying would roll across his enemy's terrain more than it rolled across his.
>>
>>53060941
What's with all the dominionsposting lately?

I dropped MA Ermor into my setting as part of an apocalypse
>>
>>53071371
During the plague of quest threads I didn't come here much but both since I've been back and before the aforementioned scourge it has seemed to me that dominions is pretty much the official vidya of /tg/, people here have posted a lot about it for years.
>>
>>53071219
>Also the problem with ermor is that while it's cool as all fuck, it's actually relatively hard to play unless your opponents have a really weak early game or are too stupid to be marignon and storm your borders/be other nations and put aside their differences to exterminate you. With ermor you're either gonna play against fuckwits and TOTALLY steamroll them or play against people of middling or better competence and get TOTALLY steamrolled almost immediately.
If you mean Dom4 MA Ermor, you're dead wrong. Dom4 MA Ermor is a horrifying blessrush nation. It can trivially eat one or maybe even two neighbors early on, then snowball. Or skeleball.
If you mean Dom3 MA Ermor, no objection.
>>
>>53060941
EA, just to play EA Ulm
>>
>>53073008
>EA Ulm
Please, like that exists.
>>
Who is the guy who keeps shilling promoting Dom4 here?
>>
>>53073076
I like EA Ulm a lot even though they suck
>>
>>53073082
>paranoia about shills
yep these threads have all been one guy from shillwinter samefagging to shill his shill game for the past five years
>>
>>53073144
I don't have paranoia, I just know that there are a few guys from /domg/ who regularly post on /tg/, that's why I'm asking. Considering how much I played MP, I probably even played a game or two with them.
>>
>>53073168
Its me barry
I'm the one who keeps posting /tg/ related videogames because I like discussions of lore and various fun game mechanics that I may or may not try and port into my games.
>>
File: his glorius fury resplendent.png (572KB, 759x427px) Image search: [Google]
his glorius fury resplendent.png
572KB, 759x427px
post yur gods lads.
>>
>>53074370
You have an Ant god?
>>
File: 20170504215038_1.jpg (417KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170504215038_1.jpg
417KB, 1920x1080px
>>53074370
I won a blitz with this man
>>
>>53060941
MA Man in LA on shadowshore as part of an expedition with the last few crones and mothers to reclaim the forest of Avalon and the capitol province (specific name for the region on map, can't remember) to reclaim their lost magic after the Curse, led by Volla involving many sacred units while fighting off lemuria and other beast nations.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.