[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

Eight dog Lucius? Anyone ever run it? Is it viable for many scheme/strat combos? What other models would you take?

I kinda want to pick him up and try this out. I feel like it would be annoying and interesting. Eight hounds spaced within 5 of each other spreads out across the entire board, allowing you to drop a lot of scheme markers. I was also considering taking a Trapper with two changelings to have a makeshift gunline...and with Lucius commanding that means possibly upwards of 5 focused sniper shots per turn. I would probably round it out with a Graves to kinda bodyguard Lucius/eat Devil's Deals.

Any input on running Lucius as Neverborn is appreciated.
>>
File: Lucius.jpg (852KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius.jpg
852KB, 2880x1800px
>>53059275
>Eight dog Lucius?
I don't see it working fantastically - even if it's good for a Claim Jump/Leave Your Mark/Covert Breakthrough pool, the last scheme is going to be a freebie to your enemy (since it will be an interact or kill scheme), and the strategy is a total toss-up.

The Watch My Back(?) upgrade to let eeeverything Accomplice (Companion?) might work too to get the interacts in.

I only heard recently that the Changelings can copy Focus'd shots when it comes up.
Seems filthy.
>>
>>53059275
I mean you will have a lot of activations but a side from that I don't think you will have much else going for you. The dogs put out meh damage and are pretty easy to wipe off the board. Also the lose a lot of value if you go to wide a lose a few of them. But I think in table quarters Strat and some schemes it would be okay. If you take a dopple you could so some plays. I don't know really need to know what you would run for you other 27 stones after 8 dogs and Graves. Sounds like it could work but it would be so situational as to make it pointless. Even more so since nothing you said there can 100% make the TN 12 horror duel from Lucius.
>>
>>53060605
I don't really get your meaning...if I focus them with Take Aim and then they copy the Trapper's shot they can just spend their focus like normal and it will apply to the shot...right? Changelings are pretty nasty though for 4 stones, that is for sure.

>>53061037
Point taken. Although nothing can really pass Commanding Presence's duel "for sure"...I would only ever use it if I could guarantee it desu, and that's in any list. I am talking more about Issue Command.

So any other input on Lucius as NB? What models do get me a lot of value? Just Doppel/Nekima type stuff? That seems boring. I am not trying to win tournaments here, just shake up my club games with some fun/weird shit.
>>
I actually played against a seven dog Lucius crew before (The last Surprisingly Loyal slot was given to Queeg so he could get the dogs to slap down markers). It wasn't that good. Murdering the dogs was easy by just walking a Jorogumo down board. The spiders are generally fragile if entangled with a dedicated beater, but in this case the dogs just couldn't handle it and the crew fell apart fast.

What you should be spamming are Illuminated. Now those guys are bad ass. Bring along Terracottas as well.
>>
>>53059275
shoo warmahordes noob this is adults game - off you go sho sho
>>
File: LilithGroupW1.jpg (110KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
LilithGroupW1.jpg
110KB, 1000x450px
>>53061321
I meant the doubled-to-28" range from the Trapper's focus, not the +flips.

Changelings sure are fucking nasty, yes - I just got home from playing against a friend running Lillith with the Doppelganger and a Changeling copying McTavish's rifle, with the three of them covering the centre of the board.

The child getting a free attack after a viable target gets pushed/lured in LOS is brutal.

That, together with Johan's Relic Hammer and Lillith's Living Blade both being Mimic options, kept my Howard locked away from the central block of his crew for the whole game.

Related to the game, I think Angelica is probably amazingly good if you use her right, quite aside from being a Practiced Production cheese caddy.
I didn't.
>>
File: Blanchette.jpg (697KB, 800x867px) Image search: [Google]
Blanchette.jpg
697KB, 800x867px
>>53061321
>So any other input on Lucius as NB?
>What models do get me a lot of value?

Changelings, for 4ss, will punch as far above their weight as you like - Lilith's zweihander, Nekima's longsword, Lilitu's whip, McTavish's rifle...
They are crazy flexible, and are Manipulative and get the free attack.

For anyone saying that Stat 4 (no suits) is bad - they are a four stone Manipulative teleporting Height 1 Minion.
That Ml4 isn't so bad when they attack at the end of turn against an emptied hand, perhaps with +flips, and land a Henchman's damage spread on something.

Largely unrelated, but pic related is what I'm probably going to use for my Lilith if/when I transition into Neverborn through Lucius.
At the moment though, she's maybe my only pure Neverborn model, bar two GW Chaos (Corrupted) Hounds.
>>
>>53067265
Oh yeah, that is built in on the ability...same with the natural + to attack. Seems like a very fun thing to copy.

As for Angelica, I have seen her used mostly to ferry scheme tokens around and that's it...but she seems to have a bit of depth.

>>53067516
Yeah see abusing Changelings seems to be the big thing with him. Never thought of bringing McTavish, he seems a little pricey but that gun does ignore cover/not randomize into engagements. Never knew that. Nice.

Also that model is gorgeous. She could make a pretty good alt Lucius too, what with the mask. Neato.

Thanks for the input guys.
>>
Torn between trying a cheesy trapper changling list with Collodi for my next game or playing Collodi with the emissary and its neutral upgrade next to stitched for a bunch of positive twists to gamble.

Anyone have experience with either combo? they both seem like they could be super gross
>>
>>53061321
Well There are a few things that do it for sure like Witching Thralls and most things with 7-8 WP. But with Issue Command you need someone to push Lucius around and stuff. But if you just want to Turn Lucius AP in other peoples AP you want some higher quality Actions. Like Stitched could be fun. But Giving Dogs extra AP is not worth much. Even more so when you could be using those AP on better stuff and just use his Extra AP's on anything.
>>
>>53070049
Okay Witchling Thralls, granted. But I don't have access to them in NB so it wasn't really on my mind.

Also nowhere ever did I ever say I would try to give a hound extra AP with Lucius and I can't really tell why you are fixated on that concept. The hounds are there to be extra AP simply by existing and being cheap. The flaws in that have been pointed out, and I definitely see/accept them. Though I think supported properly it could still be interesting...maybe only in niche cases to be sure. But perhaps lower the number to 6 dogs and run them up the flanks in groups of 3 to do Claim Jump or something. Who knows? I would never intend for them to really interact with Lucius at all. Unless I REALLY need them to poop out a scheme marker before the end of turn or something.

As for the other 25 or so points, well that would be where I invest in quality (1) Action dudes. In my for instance Lucius' early actions would be given to the Changelings to copy the Trapper's shot if there is a decent target (and especially if I have a 5+ of rams in hand). Two changelings and a trapper can cover a pretty wide area with 28" focused shots. I would perhaps give the Commanding Presence actions to other models (Graves in this example) who are getting positive horror duels from Elite Training by being close to Lucius...or those who I know can pass due to cards in hand. As for moving Lucius around, well that's what Graves is for desu. At least for the first couple turns. Instead of "showing him the door" I imagine him gingerly carrying Lucius 6" like Kevin Costner in The Bodyguard.

All this said I am open to exploring other models too, which is why I asked the question someone above mentioned McTavish. Also interesting. Illuminated are another thing I've never used. Anyway as I said this isn't a deadly serious tournament strat, it is simply an idea to try something out on a normal game night.
>>
>>53071070
Okay I get I might just be the way I play Lucius. I see him more as a get value APs out of other Value Models. I still feel like there is much better stuff you bring as Guardsman from guild like guild trappers and wardens. I feel like Changelings are better as runners Because they can't call triggers so 2 more trapper shots at shooting 4 that can't call triggers is not great.

But if you want to just play the list just play the list. I am just saying Mass dogs is not a great idea unless you are just going to be like I am going to activate like 8 dogs then I am going to play the game. Which has value but more so in table quarters or like maybe Extraction. With a pool of Breakthrough, Tail 'em, inspection, Breakthrough, and like Frame. Like it is really easy for the other player to turn off Claim Jump by just killing off your dogs or just moving his guys with in 3. So you really want stuff that you do like 2-3 interacts to score a large amount of your points. Because once your list starts to bleed Models it is going to get really hard really fast.

But Again just play whatever you want man. I get it is for a Normal game night but if you want a change to win and not just meme around. you have to accept the list is a deck of card. But if your just like I want to bring 8 dogs just do it don't ask people how good it is.
>>
>Parker vs Hamelin
>I kill so many rats my hand is constantly huge and getting lots of faces and covering the table in exploitable scheme markers

Man, I'm just sad not every game with Parker will be like this.
>>
What is your least favorite GG2017 strategy and why is it Interference?
>>
File: colettecassandra-1.jpg (353KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
colettecassandra-1.jpg
353KB, 1600x900px
>>53069362
>Angelica
She has a (1) 5" push on target friendly within 8".
No flip, just push.
And a 10"shout 1/1b/2b that Paralyses anyone it hurts.
She's crazy mobility tech, it's just that the Changelings were hardcore locking down my mobility with the copied McTavish gunline.

And it frees up a slot on Cassandra - letting her take her upgrades for Df7 with -flips to attacks against her and the Df trigger to drop a marker and push 3" away.
She pretty much held up Lilith for the game before going down.

McTavish is surprisingly mobile with Unimpeded and his (0) Gator Snacks, which can give him a push and then heal/lfree attack/something else.
He can also drop a 3" blob of light cover.
Most importantly though, his rifle ignores cover, and get's insane bonuses if there are Swamp Fiends near the target.

I think I'm probably a little too scared of him, but he's definitely a solid model, even for 11ss.
>>
File: Lucius Crew Big.jpg (760KB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Crew Big.jpg
760KB, 4208x3120px
>>53071070
>>53072292
>Mass dogs is not a great idea unless you are just going to activate like 8 dogs then play the game.
I agree with this - four dogs is worth the activation control, but they aretoo expensive to go full Hamelin.

I think Lucius is mobile enough with his Commanding Presence though - with a Lawyer if Guild, or reasonable hand, you can have him walk three times first turn, which should get him somewhere he can work the rest of the game.
Not that Graves is a bad idea, admittedly.

>>53072534
Gross.
Is it draw a card for every kill or something?

>>53073206
Mine's actually Guard the Stash.
The way I play, and the models I have, I just do not like stand-up fights like that.

Interference, you can just run around, which is fine.
>>
>>53059275
>random MFX post
>labels as General
>doesn't post the OP
>no one adds it
Dead game dead thread, why even bother.
>>
>>53074074
If something is killed within 6 Aura of Parker you draw a card, and if it's not a bandit that did the killing you discard. Bandidos, Mad Dog, and Parker himself aren't too shabby at killing. But a bunch of tiny rats makes for lots of cards really easy.

Hell, can even take his Blackmarket upgrade and gain a Soulstone for killing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.