[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What RPGs can make me feel like a cunning fox trickster even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

What RPGs can make me feel like a cunning fox trickster even if I lack cunning and trickery skills myself?
>>
Oh FFS /pfg/'s leaking again.
>>
File: kitsukitsu.png (615KB, 700x932px) Image search: [Google]
kitsukitsu.png
615KB, 700x932px
>>53059066

Pathfinder is not the right game for this.
>>
>>53058464
I remember Spirit of the Century (Fate based game) having skills that let you do shit like "I was disguising myself as one of your mooks all along!" on skill rolls.

It probably has "I planned for that eventuality and set a trap!" as well.
>>
>>53058464
No prosthetic will help when the fundamental failure is you.
>>
>>53059816
No bully.
>>
>>53059758
Gurps also has advantages that oblige the GM to give you rolls to notice stuff, remind you about things, ensure you always, always have some useful gadget, can't lose a certain tool or weapon, habitually sit with your back to the wall, always, always obsessively maintain equipment, etc.

There are a lot of "no busywork/attention required" things like that. You also get to break out a fair amount of social-fu potentially purely on rolls from skills. Yeah, the rules say they can comp you more success if you roleplay well, but you can also beat plenty of situations over the head with skill rolls.

Also, things like just plain having advantages that give you bonuses, like being more attractive, having a good voice, etc.

It can actually give the points systems hiccups or misrepresent your character's true "worth" in terms of points when taken to extremes because you can get so crazily hyper specilized in "non-fight stuff". The points system is intended to measure your worth as an adventurer/protagonist, but it leans towards "fight stuff". So FDR has pretty high points, but he's abjectly pathetic in a fight. He's crippled for fucksake. On the other hand he's president of the United States, rich, and quite the orator. A 50 point marine is way better in a fight than he is, but he also can't realistically aspire to say, decide to fire bomb japan into the stone age, and FDR is also the boss of him in a sense, if he's an American Marine in the WW2 era.

Another thing would be how the "I have to remind you about stuff/basically a quality of life crutch advantages" are in a sense "dead weight", because you should be remembering that shit, but hey. they are in there.
>>
>>53062011
Yes bully.

How does it feel to be defective? To never be able to truly enjoy the archetype you love, forever walking on mechanical crutches? And those are only crutches - no mechanical bullshit will give you flexibility of mind needed to properly roleplay such character. At best you will be an annoying smug spotlight-stealing munchkin, reduced to stuttering every time your face is dragged from behind the safety of your character sheet.

A worthless pile of shit in a brightly colored sack, a pathetic neckbeard never to achive the cleverness of cuteness of what you strive to replicate. A miserable dead weight, just like in real life.
>>
>>53062294
What did I just stumble on...
>>
>>53063177
Anon's projecting again.

He does have some points though. RNG and game mechanics are poor substitute to the education and wit that allows one to be cunning.

OP, your best option is to stop posting poorly painted Chinese cartoons and go pick up some books on deception and manipulation.
>>
>>53059500
Pathfinder is rarely the right game for anything.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.