[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Mana e Mano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 58

File: Wizgang Fight.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Wizgang Fight.webm
2MB, 640x360px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Magestone...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53027570
>How_To_Make_Unlimited_Food_And_Put_Aztechnology_Out_Of_Biz.knwsft
>Hunk_Uses_Improved_Charisma_SO_HOTT.trid
>Outwitting_Adversary.sim
>Holy_Text.exe

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 7687 (63% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Hey, you got any adept veins? Asking for a friend'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Fourth_World_Again.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

New magic book is out, and it is some shenanigans. What do you like, what do you hate, what do you overcast until your brain boils out your ears?
>>
>>53045300

VISCERA WEB
(Blood, Physical, Damaging)
Type: P Range: LOS
Duration: S Drain: F + 4
A horrific spell, this causes widespread ruptur-
ing across the target’s body as their veins shoot
out to adhere to the environment surrounding
them. This incapacitates them with extraordinary
damage and pain, plus the fact that their living
veins stick to the floor, walls, and ceiling. Any
damage caused cutting them down may cause
them to bleed out—assuming they survived the
initial spell. The caster must win a Spellcasting
+ Magic vs. Body (+ Counterspelling) Opposed
Test. Additionally, the spell’s Force must equal or
exceed the target’s Body. Non-living material—in-
cluding clothing, gear, and cyberware—are not af-
fected. The target’s Agility is reduced by every net
hit on the Spellcasting test. If Agility is reduced to
0, the target becomes fused to the nearest solid
surface and unable to move their limbs without
causing further damage to themselves. The tar-
get can painfully tear themselves free, though this
causes additional damage equal to the net hits on
the Spellcasting test and one additional box of
Physical damage every (Body) minutes until they
receive medical attention to stop the bleeding.

All day everyday.
>>
>>53045300
>What do you like
It's a new book
>What do you hate
It's (yet another) mage book
>What do you overcast
APDS sniper rounds from a Minizep
>>
For the GM in the last thread: Be a fucking adult. If talking doesn't work then the player doesn't have the respect or the maturity to play. Kick them out, explain to the group why it had to happen.
>>
Is there anything I need to know before I start playing showdown returns?
>>
>>53045988
Fill the role of whatever party member you least want in the party. The first Shadowrun Returns game is the worst of the three, and is somewhat skippable. Always invest in Charsima because you're the only character who uses it in social situations.
>>
>>53045988
Learn how to use Oversight as soon as you get a few characters at that level of skill.

If you can arrange things right, it'll let you do some serious alpha-striking. If not, you're still likely going to get in an early shot.
>>
>>53045988
Corporate Security is the most useful knowledge in every game.
>>
>>53045988
Play Dragonfall and Honk Honk instead.
>>
>>53046070
Conversely, the first Shadowrun returns game is the best of the three because it doesn't lump you a bunch of shitty npcs you hate until the end.

I like the have-one-character-and-then-recruit-dudes-for-jobs model much more than the try-and-fit-into-this-awkward-group one.
>>
>adepts get counterspelling
>just in time to be hunted for their veins

What an age we live in. that said, i'm fairly pleased with the book, though I had hoped for a few more adept powers since they gave wizards some. But at least adepts got a few cool toys and at least mundane characters can summon wild spirits now
>>
>>53046499
Sounds like they really need counterspelling now, omae. I wonder though, can you magically heal veins to keep a 'donor' alive?
>>
File: Sword Adept vs. Spirit.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sword Adept vs. Spirit.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>53046499
Adept Counterspelling has been a long time coming. I'm definitely going to stat out a proper antimagic assassin now as soon as it hits chummer
>>
>>53046565
You can even get a technique to use Sacrifice from Blood Magic on Spirits now!
>>
>>53046565
Why do adepts need counterspelling but not mundanes?
>>
>>53046747
Because mundanes are (generally) not going to be hunted down for the tasty, tasty resources within.

At least not in the way an adept will be. Most 'ware thieves don't bother with anything they can't chop off unless they were already going to geek the target.
>>
>>53046793
So it's because mages don't have a reason to cast spells at mundanes?
>>
>>53046747
I get where you're coming from, mundanes need counterspelling too. Unfortunately, in order to counterspell you need to be able to channel mana, which is not an attribute associated with being mundane.
>>
>>53046910
No omae, it's more like Adepts just became white rhinos with great gorgeous horns.

And mages are now all impotent chinese. You can see where this is headed now that adepts are reagents for a preparation that nullifies physical drain. Just think of the spell you can cast, or spirit you can summon and bind with no physical drain being a factor.

I think it might be just a liiiiitle prone to being easily abused.
>>
>>53046747

To be clear every character type besides mages needed better ways to defend and fight magic. It is good adepts got it but mundanes need some method of defending against magic meaningfully as well.
>>
>>53047027
The best defense, to me, for a munane is a combination of going first (edge if need be) and HIGH NOON-ing it up. Preferably with a Split the Damage shot if you don't think the first hit will take 'em out.

There is, of course, also things like narcojet and stun grenades.
>>
>>53046977

Remember that the ability to use adepts in this manner are limited to the ultrapsychotic blood mages. Who have... problems as a PC and who most NPC mages would agree is a universal evil that must be exterminated.

Like when a KE wagemage would go to the line to protect an unregistered SINless adept, which is mega illegal in the UCAS, from someone, that someone is seriously bad juju.
>>
>>53047072

The issue is everything a mundane can do, a mage can do. And honestly they can do it better.

Obviously RPGs aren't PVP and it isn't about total balance between every PC, but at the end of the day some character types just have access to everything (Mystic adepts, and to a lesser extent mages and adepts) and some have access to very specific things.
>>
Is Forbidden Arcana in the MEGA yet? Didn't see it.
>>
>>53047072
Wait, meant Knock Harder (or Vitals). Either way, keep a gun you can have an ammo switch on, just to have more options.
>>
>>53047125
Not in the mega yet, there's a link in the previous thread.
>>
>>53047087
Actually, ANYONE can use Veins of an Adept. It's literally just something you can buy off the street.
>>
>>53046977
>I think it might be just a liiiiitle prone to being easily abused.

Awakened abuse i never really abuse, its control pest
>>
>>53045377
How much damage does it do initially?
>>
Is combat decking effective (assuming you get autistic dice pools)?
>>
>>53047258

Sorta. It is never optimal to do instead of something else if you could, save some stuff you can do with cybercombat in specific situations. It is just a way to use decking skills as a last resort.

Most deckers are much better off buying a CU^3 from R5, stipping its handling, and putting a machine pistol on it to always have a super cheap disposable combat drone they can use with gunnery. That lets them use a combat skill with logic, which will generally be like... 8. So they are now rolling 16 dice to attack with any ranged weapon in the game when done through a drone while in hotsim, without jumping in.

Meanwhile most combat decking either takes multiple turns to disable an individual or only disables gear. Both are strictly worse than assassinating someone with a sniper bot. But these things can be done if your party is split, or if you can't see the target because its a running skirmish rather than a shootout.
>>
>>53047258
The best use of combat decking is throwing out a Brute Force to get the enemy team to shut things off quickly, and giving your team the wireless bonus advantage.

If that's not enough (one successful Brute Force probably isn't) then just start throwing out Data Spikes with all the trimmings. That'll get things shut down fast.
>>
>>53047407

Its better to use dataspike right away, there is no reason to brute force in the first place.

You should also not use cybercombat at all without a good deck, as it is the one area of the matrix where every matrix attribute *REALLY* matters. A good deck running good software with a dataspike can instantly brick equipment, while running enough sleaze to run perfectly silent so no one can retaliate.
>>
>>53047087

Incorrect. Literally anyone can use this. The book even says it can be sold by people who are secretive about what goes into it. All people need to salve their conscience is just that little bit of plausible deniability, omae. After all, the rumors of it being made from the veins of adepts are just 'fake news' to your average wagemage.
>>
>>53047537
The Brute Force is more as a quick intimidation thing. A Data Spike will probably get the desired response immediately, but there's cases where you may want to see if someone will help spot your number on the other side for you.

Alternatively, forking and do it twice at once.
>>
File: MAG 0, Con 12.gif (3MB, 320x566px) Image search: [Google]
MAG 0, Con 12.gif
3MB, 320x566px
>>53047027
>>53047114
>>53046747
Mundanes can get Magic Resistance (and just use a Saviour Medkit to heal). Not perfect, but it's something.
>>
>>53047147
>It's literally just something you can buy off the street

Not exactly. They said it's 14R for some retarded reason, but also threw in fluffwise that there is no standard market for it, and it's rare enough that there are shortages
>>
>>53047979
Yeah, but that's not near good as counterspelling because it fucks with healing and buffs as well.

Everyone should use a Savior medkit though.

>>53048023
Only R? Not F? Holy shit Adepts are fucked. Demand is intense and you only need a fake license to keep from being hassled when trying to get it.
>>
>>53045988
>>53046070
>he first Shadowrun Returns game is the worst of the three
I don't get why people say that.
I think it was better than Dragonfall. Dragonfall isn't bad, but you get sidetracked by all the BS personal drama.
Though the missions are optional, it's kind of hard to ignore them.

Dead Man Switch is a nice little classic Shadowrun story that is entertaining throughout and doesn't have the same 'pacing' issues, if you can call it that, that Dragonfall suffers from.

>Is there anything I need to know before I start playing showdown returns?
I can only say that whatever you do you can never go wrong with a gun sammy in the games.
It's kind of hard to play some of the other builds in the game imo.
>>
>>53048023

Well, at least I now have some good subplots to throw at my runners if they go with their plans to play an adept duo or mage/adept pair.
>>
File: Wait, What.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Wait, What.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>53047383
>Logic is generally 8
>>
>>53048023
>Veins are 14R
>R
Wow the devs are fuck ups.
>>
>>53048023

They applied an avail code because they got bit over making it impossible to buy any critters in howling shadows, even really common ones like hellhounds, basilisks, and FUCKING MUNDANE DOGS.
>>
>>53048089

Most players hard max their main stat and grab augmentation for it.

Most sams are agility 8. Most faces are charisma 6 with rating 2-3 tailored pheromones. Most mages are magic 6.

You are free to do what you want, but if you are already borderline forced to take resources A and your specialty requires you to optimize like crazy to do even basic tasks it is no wonder that most people are hard-maxing logic.
>>
File: 1493317284237.jpg (129KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
1493317284237.jpg
129KB, 1280x674px
So when we talk about deckers/hackers the image that pops up is usually some dude or chick wearing some heavy duty si-fi goggles and sporting a mess of electronics out their head.

But in game is there anything to justify this style, is there a benfit to using goggles over cyber-eyes or contacts or whatever? In old editions some characters had multiple data-jacks but that doesn't seem to be as much of a thing now. Is there any other implants out there that need sexy, clunky cables?
>>
>>53048598
Nah, the punk aesthetic is slowly dying.
>>
>>53048598

Goggles have a lot of capacity. And vision capacity gets eaten up damn quick, which is why most people who depend a lot on vision mods like sams use goggles or masks.

Many tables also house-rule things like goggles to allow you to put sensors in them like they were armor, which makes them even better for everyone but especially for deckers and makes them line up really well to the source material that has those weird masks, like GITS.

However no there is no real thing to justify it in SR, and in fact a lot of SR decker art doesn't have them wearing this because it isn't an aspect of this game. A lot of that art is either general cyberpunk art or from some other game. One hypothetical mechanical reason a decker may want goggles is because they often are isolated and don't need to worry about how conspicuous they are. This means having the best possible vision equipment trumps having subtle ones.
>>
>>53047125
>>53047144
Working on it as we speak.
>>
>>53048598
>>53048662
>Goggles have a lot of capacity.
Are there any rules saying you can't wear both contacts and glasses and get the benefits of the mods in both? Like having vision enhancement in the contacts and wear them everywhere, and have smartlink and lowlight in the glasses for whenever youre not wearing your helmet/ballistic mask.
>>
File: oni sam.png (46KB, 592x1137px) Image search: [Google]
oni sam.png
46KB, 592x1137px
So I make a lot of tokens/art like pic related for my shadowrun games, quality can vary between my works but I generally try to keep somewhat of a standard. I would be willing to share my personal collection for use of websites like roll20 where you can upload images, I also have a lot of maps done if anyone is interested.
>>
>>53049305

It is complicated. We know for example that the entire point of monocles (Which aren't *always* the gaudy steampunk accessory but can also be like those single eye targeting things straight out of mass effect, and are often worn with helmets in the art) are designed to be layered, but it is unclear how much you can layer.
>>
File: I Want To Play A Fighter.gif (1MB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
I Want To Play A Fighter.gif
1MB, 400x200px
>>53048332
No, anon. You may play with uber-munchkins who insist on only playing the most cheesed out builds, but not every decker is a gnome or pixie with Exceptional Attribute (Logic), literally the only way to get 8 LOG. Same thing with AGI 8, which only comes from Nocturna, Pixies, and a handful of other metavariants with Improved Attribute.

There's a HUGE difference between "face got to the average human maximum for CHA and took a bit of 'ware" and "Most people who look sideways at a deck are minmaxing as hard as fucking possible." There's many, MANY decker builds out there you can find with 10 seconds on Google that are eminently playable and quality builds that don't sink 21+ karma into getting LOG 8.
>>
>>53049651

Yeah yeah yeah blah blah b8.
>>
>>53049651
>Implying
Nigger. It's called a fucking Cerebral Booster Bioware and having a 5 natural.
>>
>>53049651
>This motherfucker hasn't heard of 'ware.
>>
>>53049651

To be fair to the other anon. I have never heard of a mage build with less than 6 in chargen
>>
>>53049651

I would love that what you saying was true of most tables that they made well rounded pcs.....but it isnt, most people play autistics with the higher main attribute possible
>>
>>53049525
That would actually be really awesome, anon!
I'd love to see those!
>>
File: decker.png (27KB, 717x586px) Image search: [Google]
decker.png
27KB, 717x586px
>>53049790
I'll post a few more examples as people show interest.
>>
>>53049814
Just post an Imgur album or something, man.
>>
>>53049814
>>53049830
Seconding, I dig them but an Imgur album or similar would be the best way to go. Let people grab what they want and whatnot.
You could probably sell these to roll20 desu. Their usual token art isnt much better than that
>>
File: trid soldier.png (50KB, 1073x896px) Image search: [Google]
trid soldier.png
50KB, 1073x896px
>>53049830
Eh I'de rather not have it linked to me but I guess I'll just make a 10 minute mail one or something.
>>
File: wrestling man.png (73KB, 1372x1242px) Image search: [Google]
wrestling man.png
73KB, 1372x1242px
>>53049854
Funny that you mention that, you could say these are "liberated but with a twist" typically.
>>
Do you think a parkor focused fun adept could stretch out enough to get that new counterspell too? I really want to be able to do those three things well
>>
>>53049894

Sure. To be honest sounds like you aren't doing enough! Do you have the ability to sneak around? To fight? If so then being able to parkour, sneak, counterspell, and fight, maybe with some lockpicking and pickpocketing too would carry a PC well.
>>
>>53048078
>it was better than Dragonfall

Nigger you what? Dragonfall is the best one story wise, Hong Kong is second in story and first in mechanics. Returns is worst in all respects. Everybody knows this.

>you get sidetracked by all the BS personal drama

>waaah character development

You fucking faggot. Play CoD or something if you don't want story. Also, the character missions are ENTIRELY optional and easy to ignore. You have to go out of your way and talk to the NPCs like five times to trigger them, and then directly agree to do the mission.

>you can never go wrong with a gun sammy

Good job saying something not retarded.
>>
A few threads back we were talking about Pixies, and one of the things mentioned was a million nuyen bounty on then. Where is the source on this?
>>
>>53049790
>>53049830
>>53049854

https://imgur.com/gallery/6t9oD

Well this is everything that I am willing to share at the moment, however I am willing to take requests for PCs or other shit because I am sure I will be able to re-purpose them in my game.
>>
>>53050437
do you have any more tokens for characters? pink mohawk mage, cybered up gunslinger, melee/gun adept, rigger, trolls, …?

Also, on another topic:
Are the shadowrun novels worth reading, any specifically worth reading? I somewhat liked the fluff texts in the core rules book and are looking for more.
>>
File: IT79Htk.png (23KB, 1029x1115px) Image search: [Google]
IT79Htk.png
23KB, 1029x1115px
>>53050437
>https://imgur.com/gallery/6t9oD
Some of this is rather good, thanks anon!
Also the IC is on point.
>>
>>53050656
my players are rather vanilla so they're all humans (except the oni). I may be able to whip something up though given some time and soul searching.
>>
>>53050680
yeah alot of it is shlock I take the most pride in the PCs and the maps. I will have more maps in the near future, their current run that I cannot disclose the map because my players go on /tg/ but it is on a futuristic blimp nightclub that is going to circumnavigate the globe in 7 days.
>>
File: pink mohawk.png (116KB, 2209x1603px) Image search: [Google]
pink mohawk.png
116KB, 2209x1603px
>>53050656
This is all I am gonna do for now, hope you enjoy. This is where I am right now skill wise when it comes to drawing.
>>
>>53050437
>https://imgur.com/gallery/6t9oD
This is wonderful, thank you.
>>
Anyone have that PDF that was a collection of Shadowrun stories from people here on /tg/ and similar? I heard it was a good read, and a good way to get into the headspace of the game.
>>
>>53051309
I also have a lot of basic fantasy tokens that could translate into shadowrun use, but there are like 3-4x more stuff and I can't be bothered to do it at the moment.

>>53051320
There is the one about 2D in the pastebin/mega
>>
>>53050356
Anybody who'd sell their pixie runner bro for cash is not only a bastard, but a stupid bastard for not working out a Blondie/Tuco thing instead.
>>
>>53050656
>Are the shadowrun novels worth reading, any specifically worth reading? I somewhat liked the fluff texts in the core rules book and are looking for more.
The Secret of Power trilogy is a really good introduction to the setting.
Although it plays around 2050, while the newer editions take place a few decades later, in terms of lore there really aren't any major differences.

Not too long ago somebody posted an archive with all the books in ebook format. I lost the link though.
>>
>>53051351
>I also have a lot of basic fantasy tokens that could translate into shadowrun use, but there are like 3-4x more stuff and I can't be bothered to do it at the moment.

It would be great if you could, but I understand if you can't right now.
you could do it later and make a new thread or drop it in a future /srg/.
Have an Arabic reaction image.
>>
File: male_mage.png (132KB, 1229x1263px) Image search: [Google]
male_mage.png
132KB, 1229x1263px
>>53051431
for your Arabic reaction image I will give you an arabic fantasy mage.
>>
File: Joe Pineapple.jpg (250KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
Joe Pineapple.jpg
250KB, 752x1063px
>>53050356
There isn't one. Some anons infer it from the million-nuyen bounty on blood mages offered by the DIMR based on Dunkelzahn's will, despite pixies and blood mages being entirely different things. Undoubtedly there are people who do hunt pixies for sport or trophies, as they do canonically with other metasapients like nagas, but the idea of a standardized bounty on them is entirely fictional.
>>
>>53051480
>Undoubtedly there are people who do hunt pixies for sport or trophies
Could you make it any more obvious that you're making this up as you go? Trophy hunting pixies is literally impossible because they do not leave a corpse. They're hunted as live, and exclusively live, research subjects. It's like playing a technomancer but multiple orders of magnitude worse.
>>
>>53051609
>implying I won't mount a leaf stained with pixie blood and shredded with birdshot
>>
>>53051665
>mount
G-go on...
>>
File: Pixie Rifle.jpg (116KB, 600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Pixie Rifle.jpg
116KB, 600x1066px
>>53051688
For scale
>>
>>53051480
While it's not a million nuyen, Shadows Of North America p112 has bounties for paracritters of all shapes and sizes (though it's only examples, rather than a full list) for any hunter who can bring back the skin/pelt and head. Free Spirits included, so I assume you could get some kind of bounty on a live pixie.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Harmful_Paranimals_Act
>>
File: 1443743100239.gif (2MB, 250x158px) Image search: [Google]
1443743100239.gif
2MB, 250x158px
>>53051716
>crafts own targets to sate pixie bloodlust
This guy right here.
>>
>>53051734
>To claim a bounty, 90 percent of the pelt, including the head, must be brought to a Ministry of Wildlife facility
>Class S Paranimals - Free Spirits, 50,000f per pelt

How the hell would you get a "pelt" of a free spirit?
>>
>>53051891
You don't, that's the beauty of it.
>>
>>53048598
Goggles are cheaper.
Goggles are stylish.
Not all ware is legal everywhere.
Your fancy induction datajack may be legal in the UCAS but maybe not in Ares land.
Not everyone wants to be a 0.1 essence mandroid.

Maybe you're strapped for cash and had to go with 2nd hand cyberware which is from 10 years ago, ugly and bulky.

There's also only so much you can cram into your skull.
At some point bits are starting to show because there ain't enough room left.
Can't have an implanted cyberdeck, a math cpu, control rig, encephalon and 1000MP headware memory crammed into your skull and at the same time expect it not to show.

There's also Distinctive Style.
Maybe your decker is proud of his status and deliberately went for showy ware.
>>
File: Screenshot (382).png (31KB, 351x64px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (382).png
31KB, 351x64px
>>53051734
A bounty listing that exists in Quebec only, and has drawn significant local and international criticism, and may or may not cover pixies. At best, if you're lucky there's a small portion of NA where you can legally go and hunt pixies, provided that there are any living in the Bouclier.

I'm not saying that nobody has reason to go hunt pixies. I'm saying that some people are so knee-jerk reactionary to the idea of pixies that they invent an ultra-Wanted negative quality and apply it universally.

>>53051891
You're not the first to ask.
>>
Is there any equipment/ware similar to a jumppack? I think jetpacks aren't around (despite all this other technology so that makes little sense to me), but I wondered if there was anything that'd give you a short boost so you could leap into the fray like a proper madman.
>>
File: 2hgh7qh[1].jpg (42KB, 1000x425px) Image search: [Google]
2hgh7qh[1].jpg
42KB, 1000x425px
>>53051935
>>53051950
I wonder if someone could invent a ghostbusters ghost trap to contain free spirits....
>>
File: Orc Jumping Anarchy.jpg (179KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
Orc Jumping Anarchy.jpg
179KB, 500x731px
>>53051988
Maxxed Hydraulic Jacks and the Pouncing Dragon martial arts technique. Install Raptor Feet for maximum style.
>>
>>53052012
If anyone has, Ares has. The only good bug is a dead bug. Would you like to know more omae?
>>
>>53052032
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak
>>
>>53051988
I was going to suggest a Dodge Scoot with a Rocket Booster but the Booster takes up too many mod slots, sadly.

We really do need an option for leaping into melee combat.

>>53052031
This dude is always being depicted with a glowing sword but he ain't an Awakened, what gives, artists?
>>
>>53052084
>This dude is always being depicted with a glowing sword but he ain't an Awakened, what gives, artists?

It could just be an AR blade or something of that sort similar to the neon tattoos.
>>
>>53045300

Is it true that you can play a cat girl in Shadowrun? I want to make a bounty hunter one who uses magic & knives.
>>
Alright, worst snowflake offender.

Pixie, changeling, vampire, nartaki, or something else?
>>
>>53052137
Vampire Blood Mage Mystic Adept Changeling Dryad?
>>
>>53052166
who also alternates between blood and black magic in-between sessions
>>
>>53049987
Cool. I was thinking of making him a kind of rougish type, a revolverfag that can wall-run and jump, get a John Woo feel alongside counterspelling because, counterspelling as an adept just is cool as shit in a flavor sense to me
>>
>>53052215
...a Tenno?
>>
I'm a new Shadowrun player from DnD 5e and the way my group is set up is that we all DM for an adventure or few then pass the title to the next person so we all get a chance at DMing and playing. Since I'm new I want to the players to chase after magic items but so far all I see are items that are just + more dice to something. Are there magic items that are more varied, have pros and cons, and not just adding dice to something?
>>
>>53052254
Not really the sort of things you'd have non-prime runners going after omae.

And even then, magic items can usually only be used by Awakened. Don't treat Shadowrun like D&D.

Honestly, tell your group to get fucked and find a different game system to run for them. Running Shadowrun without ever playing it and having no experience with the system is gonna be more trouble than its worth.
>>
File: prototype-cyber-arm.jpg (39KB, 1280x293px) Image search: [Google]
prototype-cyber-arm.jpg
39KB, 1280x293px
>>53052254
Personally I think mundane high-tech items are more interesting to steal than magical ones.
>all I see are items that are just + more dice to something
That's one of the reasons.
>>
File: Fairy Flag of Dunvegan.jpg (41KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fairy Flag of Dunvegan.jpg
41KB, 600x800px
>>53052254
Book of the Lost came out and sounds like what you want. tldr Deck of Many Things shows up, everyone wants to be duel master.

Alternatively, take something from the old books, like the Fairy Flag of Dunvegan. There's lots of 'this thing may or may not be associated with weird mana phenomena' around. Fuck the haters, they never read Big D's Will.

http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Artifex.htm
>>
>>53052254
When it comes to magic items there aren't really any in shadowrun by default that have stats like "does 1d6 fire damage" but as the DM you can give them interesting things that don't necessarily have stat reflection.

For example I gave my players an SCP hat that when worn, makes the wearer have no presence when seen by anyone who sees them, making it a good item to blend into crowds, but to make is so that they wouldn't abuse this, the wearer is no recognizable by anyone who knows them so they will always think that the person is a stranger, and this effect also lingers even after taking the hat off.

There are a lot of things you can do to make things more interesting with "magic" items

>>53052303
If you aren't willing to read the core rule book 2-3 times then I would agree but I have a really fun time with character creation and world building for shadowrun.
>>
>>53052356
The Core rulebook, AND the supplements for whatever character archetypes your players choose since the core rulebook is kind of gimped. Two or three times each since the editing in all of them is CGL standard.

Fuck it, my wish for 6E is just to have English translations of the German 5E books.
>>
>>53052413
How are the German books different, not looking to start a fight, just interested.

Also I enjoy reading the books and I have been cataloging them on a google website that is very rough right now.

Also is there any word on a 6E anytime in the foreseeable future?
>>
>>53052470
6e is not announced yet, but they're getting to the end of the cycle; we have all the major archetype books save technomancers, we're starting to get splat bloat like Forbidden Arcana, and there are hints that something big is going to happen in-universe (Infected getting spoopier, SWT showing up, CFD arc winding down).

If they haven't already started planning the rules for 6e yet, on Goodman's tackboard there are at least broad strokes for the metaplots.
>>
>>53052519

After reading the rules I am not really sure if they ever plan ahead for things.
>>
>>53052470
>How are the German books different, not looking to start a fight, just interested.
I'll second this, I've seen this mentioned a few times but no explanation about what makes the german books better
>>
>>53052470
Published and edited by a different company, so the editing is cohesive. I'm also lead to believe they have decent errata.
>>
>>53052245
Like Warframe? Sorta I guess, I want him to be fast and able to scale things. My initial concept was more like a less Charismatic Nathan Drake/Laura Croft.
>>
File: o-DRONE-HANDGUN-facebook[1].jpg (88KB, 1536x762px) Image search: [Google]
o-DRONE-HANDGUN-facebook[1].jpg
88KB, 1536x762px
Whats the best way for a rigger to setup his autosofts and matrix programs? Which should be bought multiple times and put on drones and which should run on the RCC? Should I be running the same type of gun on every drone?

How much of a bad idea is the Electronic Witness quality while using cyber eyes, cyber ears and a trio of Horizon CU^3's to broadcast everything 24/7?
>>
I've heard rumors about Forbidden Arcana "nerfing" mystic adepts by making them lose enchanting. I can't find that anywhere in the book. Where is it hiding, and why would anyone ever think that was the right way to nerf them?
>>
>>53053114
In the chart for determining what skills each type of Awakening are allowed to learn, Mystic Adepts don't have the Enchanting column ticked. Whether its intentional or a mistake is unknown.
>>
>>53053114
47, Aspected Awakened Abilities. They apparently get Astral Perception back for free now, which saves you some PP or foci ranks for more useful stuff.
>>
>>53053161
Nope, it's been confirmed in the Errata thread that it's intentional, because... who the fuck knows. Alchemy is bad, Artificing is pointless unless you cheese hard, and Disenchanting is literally a joke.
>>
Why do mystic adepts even exist? What purpose do they serve, mechanically and fluff wise?
>>
>>53052137
That pic doesn't look particularly snowflake for the setting. It's a grungy cyberpunk world, of course the youngsters are going to rocking overdone body tattoos and weird hair.
>>
>>53052137

Nartaki, I'd say. They're orders of magnitude rarer than anything else and will draw commensurate attention to whoever they run with.

No one even needs to be after them in particular, they're just so damned distinctive that playing one is a nonstarter. Unless you just don't give a shit about anyone else at the table having fun.
>>
>>53052084
How do you know he isn't an adept.

Also weapon foci don't glow.

Also making a sword glow through tech in SR is really really easy.

>>53052674
Yeah sure all of that is easy as shit.

A key concept in SR chargen is to play to your attributes. So high agility PCs who are flipy parkour dudes or ninjas or pickpockets or snipers are generally also those other things as well to some degree, because the most expensive part of any skill investment is attributes.

You can almost think of your primary stats as your 'class' with Samurai/infiltrator types being agility, melee being str+agility, faces being charisma, deckers being intuition+logic, mages being magic, and technos and riggers being terrible.

I kid about the last two, if you have fun playing those its your bag. But they break a lot of expectations of building and palying characters in a way that I don't personally enjoy.
>>
>>53052836

AK-97 and AK-98 on rotodrones are pretty good value for the money. I've never played a rigger, so I can't say for sure what programs to use on drones vs. RCC.

Electronic Witness going 24/7 is pretty damn stupid. Makes it easy to find and geek you. Most people just limit it to their dayjob and/or runs. If you're livestreaming your trip to your safehouse, you are literally too fucking stupid to live, let alone be a shadowrunner.
>>
>>53053114
They weren't nerfed. They lost an irrelevant skill and gained a very powerful 1 PP power. So it was a buff.

A buff to the strongest archtype in the game. At the cost of a purely flavorful set of abilities no one was using.

I have a feeling the errata team is going to erase that bit.

>>53053161
It is known. On reddit some of the freelancers talked about how they were trying to figure out a way to reign in mystic adepts and that was somehow settled on as an appropriate way to do it.

>>53053262
They serve as a mix between the superhumans of adepts and the supernatural of mages. They actually can be very interesting and thematic, in my first 5e campaign ever I ran our mysad was basically a flat out mystical ninja who used their PP for stealth and blade skills and their magic for invisibility, illusions, and fireballs.

The problem is the mechanics don't encourage you to play mysads this way because they are literally just mages who can buy adept powers and are encouraged to get generic adept powers to support being a fancier mage exclusively rather than mixing being some mystical badass.

While they are more fun and interesting than they were in 4e where they were unusable, and plenty of people use them in fun ways (And being powerful can be fun and is fine if that is your thing) they are too often just used as a strictly superior superfast mage.
>>
>>53052836

This is all assuming you don't know a ton about rigging. Stuff like mixed drone teams and swarms change this up, but don't play with those toys starting out, its easy to buy em later.

>Whats the best way for a rigger to setup his autosofts and matrix programs?

You want to run autosofts on your RCC at all times. Drone autosofts are limited to pilot rating as of R5 meaning an autosoft on a drone of pilot 3 gives the drone a total dicepool of 6. Not good.

>Should I be running the same type of gun on every drone?

You generally want your frontline combat drones to run the same weapons so you can share gunnery autosofts. However many riggers, if they have spare cash, do things like buy a sniper rotodrone. In those cases you will be manually taking the shot anyway using either remote control or diving in, so its autosofts don't matter too much besides the ones you are already sharing with it.

I recommend you get a good RCC, few flyspies and a stepvan, use rotos with AKs for your first combat drones, and carry a CU^3 with stripped down handling and a machine pistol in your pocket (it is a ridiculously small size despite being able to carry a gun) for personal defense. Your control rig is not as important as your RCC, but you should get at least a rating 1 control rig if you can afford it. Get 1 SMG on a smartgun platform and give one to each team member who will be operating in 'overt' gear so they can drop it when they need you to back them up.

Remember that one of your most important abilities is the ability to use EWAR on drone sensor arrays to spy on a location and spot enemies for your team! Drones in combat are not actually that impressive compared to a samurai, even when working together, so focus on good teamplay as a rigger, you are a force multiplier, who can basically 'teleport' around the battlefield to drones backing up allies.
>>
>>53053262
>Martial artists or yogis that get so good they can levitate and breath fire.
>Gaelic enchanter-knights who turn into animals and cast illusions when they aren't stabbing dudes with their swords.
>Wizards who couldn't care less about the astral plane or spirituality and want physical power alone.

Mechanically
>A mage that doesn't force the GM to deal with astral plane constantly
>An awakened dude who focuses on fulfilling a specific party role such as muscle, infiltrator, face or support without being general magic dude
>A combat mage who doesn't want to fiddle around with sustaining foci
>An adept in a party with no mage, so he just uses spirits for astral recon and maybe a few rounded spells
>An adept who wants some support ability outside of their specialisation

But yeah they are unpleasently broken in 5e. I actually sort of miss the 4e MysAd, it felt like a real interesting challenge to play one.
>>
>>53053566

There was a middle ground between how comically bad 4e mysads were and how amazing 5e mysads are. They really need to not be full mages but literally splitting your resources down the middle didn't work either.

One of the freelancers mentioned that one of the balance changes they were thinking about for mystic adepts was making it so they functioned like the apprentice aspected mage but with the ability to buy adept powers and priced as a full mage. So they could only cast one school of magic, and could only summon one type of spirit. I think that is a bit too restrictive, but it is on the right track.
>>
>>53053472
>SMG on a smartgun platform
Found out the other day that RAW the smallest thing that can take an underbarrel mount is an assault rifle.
>>
>>53052254
The best advice I ever heard was to give the players an item that does one mundane thing but that does it magically well. They'll always find new uses for that item even if you're pretty restrictive on it. A shovel that can shovel anything no matter the weight. A Frying pan that makes everything taste like steak. A glue that can hold anything together. The more mundane but powerful the item the more it rewards creative players.
>>
>>53053716
Do you think he meant the team to carry some of these:
MITSUHAMA GUN TURRET
(NO PILOT REQUIRED)
If you’ve ever gone into a Zero Zone, you’ve run into
these bad boys. MCT’s been selling them to anyone
with nuyen to wave around for over fifty years. They’re
immobile (other than rotating), but they’re both cheap
and well-armored, allowing them to do the job efficiently.
The most common variants are Retractable or
Up-Armored, but some choose a larger weapon mount
instead.
>>
>>53053716
Oh right I always forget that because its in the table and not the text.

You can always give them their own CU^3s or a smartgun rifle with a sawn off stock.

>>53053773
That would be a bit extreme, and you have better options for a small size buddy drone to hand out!
>>
>>53053773
Other than mounting anything you want, what's mechanically different than the smart firing platform? Less recoil comp?
>>
Don't know about the smart firing platform.
>>
>>53053358
>Electronic Witness
>livestreaming
I know it's hard not to be stupid with the crap CGL keeps shovelling out, but at least try.

EW is not livestreaming. It's recording sensor streams and being online most of the time, with a penalty for situations where you cannot do one or both of those things.

If you have Day Job, the job can be selling your data to "specialized data brokers" - ie; people who turn the masses of data you collect into information that can be sold without killing the golden goose.

When it turns into a youtube channel or twitch stream, that's entirely your fuckup for making it so.
>>
>>53053941
Should also have >>53052836

>broadcast everything 24/7?
Yes, that's stupid.
>>
File: 1490060288770.jpg (103KB, 600x1086px) Image search: [Google]
1490060288770.jpg
103KB, 600x1086px
>>53053566
I actually think it would have been better if right from the beginning Phsyical Adepts had been different.

Instead of being Street Sams but MAAAGIC they should have been mages but with extremely limited but consistent spells. Effectively they would be mages with built in sustaining foci for every spell. Spells would ether have very low drain or some other system. A 6MAG adept might only have six spells but he can have them all or most of them sustained with little penalty or activate them reliably.
Instead of using Sorcery or Summoning they would have a different Skill for every school. In a standard tradition might have
>Combat >Combat skills
>Detection >Perception
>Health > Biotech
>Illusion >Stealth and influence
>Manipulation > I'm not totally sure, possibly some group of science skills or Artisan
I think it would have been a neat way of framing them as somatic-spellcasters.
Your standard martial artist with 6MAG might have
>Increase Reflexes
>Increase [AGI]
>Increase [BOD]
>Deathtouch
>Fireball
>Detect Enemies/Life OR Levitate
Unarmed and Biotech would be his main skills with Perception or Artisan as secondaries. By some cool system of rules he might be able to the Increase spells sustained but inactive in the background, flicking them with a free action. HAe slots used up like that might make resisting drain on the other spells a little more difficult but not so much that he couldn't cast Deathtouch at a reasonable force for every attack.

I don't know, I think it could have been neat. It seems like so much of the Adepts concept is locked up in Magician bizz and as is it gets a little too close to the Sam who I think should feel unique from mages.
>>
>>53053941
Please note the words he used:
>broadcast everything 24/7

I'm not the one being stupid here. I was pointing out to him that Electronic Witness wasn't meant to be used all the time.

If you're gonna call people stupid, you should be sure you're not being a hypocrite when you do.
>>
>>53054007
See >>53053955

In any case, because it's been such a thing to dumb down exactly what EW is, avoiding calling it 'livestreaming' is for the best.
>>
>>53054086
I see what you were trying to say, and I apologize.

Yeah, recording all your shit is a little dangerous and questionable. But broadcasting as you do is just asking to get geeked.
>>
>>53045455
I don't hate that it's a new mage book because it does very little to move the needle on normal mages/mysads/adepts while fleshing out the magic options that needed love (aspected magicians & alchemists). This book FIXED ALCHEMY. That's big.

Yeah there are a few things that are poorly thought out or dumb but the list of things in this book that I would ban as a GM is pretty short (keeping in mind that I don't usually allow players to frag around with blood/toxic/shedim stuff)
>>
>>53052137
All of Runner's Companion/Run Faster.
>>
>>53053716
There's always the option of forking out more nuyen and getting an internal one.

Expensive, but when you really need a smartlink...
>>
Is it ever explained just how focused awakened work?
>>
>>53052121
It could also be that the guy somehow got a hold on one of the few weapon foci that anyone can use.

If it's legally, then you're dealing with a dragon's knight. Possibly bishop. Although given the dragon that we know of, it'd be some shogi piece.

If it's illegally, well, then the guy managed to steal from a dragon for a bit.
>>
>>53052577
not that guy but I know there are certain sourcebooks that appeared exclusively in German.
Ruhr-Rhein Komplex and Berlin for example.

Aside from that I think there are some minor differences in equipment stats and a handful of new stuff like metatype variants and magical traditions.

Not sure if that is what he was getting at though.
>>
>>53052577
As a general thing, they're better edited and there are places where you can see more thought put into certain things.

Like at least one of the machine guns (or possibly the classes as wholes, it's been a while, I forget) gets bonus benefits for being a gun based on having lots of ammo and sending it downrange quickly. It was improved damge, I think, or possibly having the benefits of Enhance Suppressive Fire but the range of normal Suppressive Fire.
>>
File: Chase.jpg (80KB, 525x812px) Image search: [Google]
Chase.jpg
80KB, 525x812px
Hey Chummers. I could use your help.
Long story short, my rigger's been entailed in something of a war between Order of St. Sylvester and Ordo Maximus. They're taking the offence, so now it's time for her to buy drones to help out and bring the technological pain.
I already have a Proteus Poseidon confirmed, so that should give you an idea of what I can/cannot do and what I'll be up against (probably lots of nasty magic crap). I just need a drone shopping list. What drones and what autosofts should I need? At the minute all I can think of are:

>MCT Rotodrones, a classic staple that's relatively inexpensive for decent firepower
>a big fuckoff tanky drone with heavy firepower
>autosofts
>some utility drones just in case

Also any tips for using drones effectively are appreciated. I'll be re-reading the rules over and over just to make sure.
>>
>>53056712
I'm a kraut using the german books, and I have no idea what you are talking about … I didn't take more than a short look at the english books though, so idk.
What I've heard that the books are a nightmare of editing I haven't noticed in the german books (at least until now)
>>
>>53056810
He's talking about the high velocity ammo thing where bigger guns get higher full-auto capability.
>>
>>53056765
If possible, have drones use Active Sensor Attacks. It's a Pilot+Clearsight [Sensor] vs Agi+Stealth attack for a drone(-3 dice for the drone if targeting a metahuman), and each net success gets rid of a defense die until the lock is broken.

That can be because the drone broke lock on its own, the owner commanded it broken, a successful Evade Detection action (basically the Sensor attack is done again, but now the target's using the action and success breaks the lock), or if circumstances lead to the drone being unable to sense the target completely. Like say you locked on using a MAD scanner for some reason, and then being on a train moved the target a good 56 meters away. MAD don't go that far, lock lost.
>>
>>53056830
Not a bad idea, I'll try it if possible.
I'm just reading the rules and am a little confused on how to actually control my drones. I know I can jump into them, using VR, and switch between one at a time. That's well and good for a single, tough, tanky drone but what if I have more than one? What if I don't want my meat body to be lying in a locker all vulnerable? I assume you can give drones orders in AR, they just use their pilot programs to do their rolls. They won't be as good as if you were jumped into them but, hey, strength in numbers right?
>>
>>53056822
Is this in the core books? I had a quick flick through the weapons section and didn't find it; though I'm interested.
>>
>>53056883
Yeah. If you're giving the same command, then with one Simple Action you can give it to some, none, or all of your drones. Just remember that the drones act on their own initiative count, so you may want some kind of standing orders for when they go before the Rigger.

You can also take the Control Device Matrix Action to directly control a drone without the jump-in bonuses while you're in AR. You can even do this to multiple dones all at once like with sending a command. It's just variable on what action type this is based on what action you're taking. Luckily Sensor Attack is Simple.

So you could do this on your turn. Active Sensor Attack with all your drones, and a Give Order action to give one order to some or all of your drones. This lets you take advantage of your likely better pools in getting the sensor lock on while also keeping the drones kinda free in case you need to remake that roll.

>>53056822
I think that's it. I just hadn't seen the text in a while, just the note I took on it for use elsewhere.
>>
Speaking of german sourcebooks:
State of the Art: ADL is supposed to be released this month, isn't it? Can't wait to see the new stuff
>>
>>53056976
A quick addition, just because it can change things. You technically can't do the usual sensor tricks of using E-Warfare in place of Perception for an Active Sensor Attack because it's a Sensor Test not a Perception Test.

So if you were using that trick, you can't here and might have to rely on the drone's die pools.
>>
>>53056912
Optional Rule in Run and Gun, from memory.
>>
File: miniguns.png (100KB, 435x197px) Image search: [Google]
miniguns.png
100KB, 435x197px
>>53057104
Ah, found it, it's an optional rule only for miniguns.
Loose translation for non-krauts (probably half wrong, since I'm not an expert on gun-vocabulary):
Optional rule: Miniguns have several rotating barrels allowing high firing speeds. Miniguns may only fire in FA mode, by firing 15 instead of the usual 10 rounds. RC and AP are both -14. If a minigun is used for suppressive fire it fires 30 instead of 20 rounds. Rules for suppressive fire don't change, except that anyone who gets hit by a miniguns suppressive fire takes 1.5 times the weapons DV (round up).
>>
>>53057272
AP of course doesn't become -14, but the evasion mod becomes -14.
>>
>>53052137
Changelings and vampires I'm fine with.
They're classics.

Everything that's ridiculously rare in-universe or sticks out like a sore thumb, not so much.

I have no idea who thought it would be a good idea to add Nartaki, let alone as player characters. Wakayambi as well.

Pixies are just not my thing. Neither as pc nor npc.

The worst special snowflake I've ever seen in a Shadowrun game was at a convention.
A vietnamese mountain farm girl fomori mage.
Min/maxed to 11 and absolutely cringy.

Fuck you Medicine Man.
You're never allowed in one of my games ever again.
>>
File: IMG_1261.jpg (35KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1261.jpg
35KB, 600x431px
What kind of captions would we see in Shadowrun's version of Maury?

Pic related. When your dog is a shapeshifter and also turns into a cute girl.
>>
>>53057928
I'm pretty sure that you could choose to subscribe to different versions of Maury based on caption type and commonality.

>>53048251
That one makes some actual sense for one reason. You probably can't prove that the guy made it by deveining an Adept as opposed to using Orichalcum. At least as long as they don't say it was their first batch.

Then you can probably guess if you got the know-skills.Possibly.
>>
Some rigger rules clarifications. I'm getting the hang of them, the issue is that they're all a bit vague.

>An RCC can run autosofts equal to its device rating. I assume the same applies for programs. Would autosofts clash with normal programs? Say you had an RCC with device rating 3, you can't have 3 autosofts AND 3 programs, you'd just have maybe 2 autosofts and one program running at the same time.

>The swarm program is different from the swarm -vehicle action-. I'm assuming this is the case because you can't really direct drones if you're jumped into one (at least I think, wouldn't make sense to me if you could), so you use the vehicle action to achieve a similar affect.

>When is the swarm program useful anyway? I know it combines multiple drones into one force but surely I could do the same by spending a simple action to order multiple drones to fire at one target, they'd just roll separately. In fact this could be better as in a swarm you only use one of their weapon's stats.

>I send a message to my drone telling it to attack a target. It rolls its weapon autosoft + pilot rating. But is its limit the accuracy of the weapon fired or its sensor? The sensor targeting section says [sensor] is the limit, so I assume its that, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>53058579
The swarm program is mostly for defensive purposes or when you can't afford to be jumped in.

The swarm-drone uses the best pilot, best autosofts, best sensor, and worst of a few attributes that shouldn't matter when you want to run the swarm program. (It's a program. This is important because it means you can use the autosofts on the drones if need be.) Also don't forget that in some cases you may need the limit or die pool bonuses, especially for cheap drones.

And if you use passive sensors, you may use the drone's Sensor rating as the limit if it's higher than the weapon's limit. Unfortunately, this also means it takes the Signature penalty against most things.

But you don't have to. It's fully optional. And frankly a Simple Active Sensor Attack (via Control Device) is probably a better use of your drone's Sensors if you're not hitting non-electric vehicles.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1716x2464px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1716x2464px
got a gift for you guys and galls from an old UK RPG magazine called gamesmaster international
its a shadowrun/chthuklhu adventure [however i think its either 1st or 2nd ed so you'll need to do some conversion work to make it fit into later editions].
anyways her...we....GO!
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 1716x2464px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 1716x2464px
>>53058721
>>
File: 3.jpg (1MB, 1716x2464px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1MB, 1716x2464px
>>
File: 4.jpg (1MB, 1716x2464px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
1MB, 1716x2464px
>>
File: 5.jpg (1MB, 1716x2464px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
1MB, 1716x2464px
>>
File: 6.jpg (1MB, 1716x2464px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
1MB, 1716x2464px
>>
>>53058691
Thanks Chummer, cleared that right up for me.
Concerning controlling drones, what's the advantage of AR vs VR? All I can think of is in VR you get bonuses to matrix action, which could be useful when it comes to defending your drones vs cyber attacks.
>>
File: 7.jpg (1MB, 1716x2464px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
1MB, 1716x2464px
one more after this
>>
File: 8.jpg (1MB, 1716x2464px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
1MB, 1716x2464px
and this is the last one, with some CoC style rules for sanity.
>>
What the shit???!?!?! Fucking hell man
Orange Queen, Laughing Man and Wordsmyth showing up at the same time.
Fucking azzie screwed up the things again
The Fovea actually being hole to the frigging Horros
>>
My players want to get out of Hong Kong and move somewhere else, mostly to have a fresh setting and because they angered a few people. I was thinking I might as well take this oppertunity to have them play through crash 2.0 and move to the wireless matrix.

Except for System Failure, is there anything else I should read up on to get the event right? Is there any part or detail of the event you think I should include for sure for my players?
>>
File: 1485272075267.jpg (61KB, 528x747px) Image search: [Google]
1485272075267.jpg
61KB, 528x747px
>>53053989
The problem with that idea is that it highly encourages everyone to be an adept. If you're already going to be getting combat skills as a sammy, it's easy to dip into adept and get the Increased Reflexes spell to save an assload of money of essence. If you're going to be a decker, you can spare some points for Manipulation spells. etc. If the spells have (in practical terms) no drain and no penalty for sustaining them, everyone is going to be able to think of some spell that makes them even better or covers up a glaring weak spot.

Adepts aren't "street sams but magic" because in play even a gun adept plays differently than a sam; it's deckers vs. technomancers, two different roles that cover the same general plane from different angles.
>>
>>53059410

The issue is that adepts do play differently from sams if they don't get 'ware. Simply because non-wared adepts are actually mechanically just not that good, and they are hamstrung to the point it is kind of a problem to play one who isn't an artisan or face.

Adepts are heavily encouraged to get 'ware, and until forbidden arcana came out the only function of their magic was to get pseudo-ware, a passive permanent benefit that mostly increased your dicepools, as their powers that were based on magic were all pretty garbage.

Now adepts who don't have 'ware are the best counterspellers in the game, which is a pretty big deal, and some of the other mastery qualities are actually very significantly based on magic as well, which is helping, but they are right in that adepts do need more 'pseudo spells' rather than totally passive benefits that are 1:1 valued as 'ware right now.
>>
>>53057928
>>
>>53058801
VR vs AR is the eternal question of a good rigger or decker player.

The main one is that there's fewer ways to take damage while in AR. Sadly, the dice bonus of VR only applies to actions you take, so generally it's not defensive.

Unless you count Target Device on the enemy decker's deck as a very proactive form of defense. Which does make a fun turn two action after you made the drones all lock on the enemy with an Active Sensor attack and then ordered them to fire.
>>
>>53050437

Thanks, brah.
>>
So there was a mention of a AR MMO, Think it was called uh... Arcadium?
What kinda game do you think it is? WoW Clone or some high immersion RP with stats? Would any of your runners play it?
>>
ded
>>
>>53061807
There's magic for that now.
>>
>>53061939
There has been for a bit. Just less available.
>>
>>53061807
ded is ded
>>
>>53055104
>Fixed Alchemy
Anon, no, it did not.

For example, say that you're rolling maybe 24 dice to Alchemy, casting a F6 Preparation. Possible to do at chargen, though rather highly focused, but if you're doing Alchemy it's probably needed.

You're going to average 1/3 of your pool of hits, minus hits from the Prep because it rolls Force against you. So, you're going to get 8 hits average, the prep gets 2 hits average, you have a Potency of 6.

Now, your preparation lasts for 12 hours before losing potency. Great. You can take tax-qualities to bump that to 18, or potentially 36. You can get a Vault of Ages to make it indefinite, as long as the preparation is F10 or lower, but as mentioned earlier, casting at a high Force is risky because it magically rolls against you for no reason.

Point being, it lasts about a day. When it goes off, it rolls Potency+Force(6+6) v standard resists. You had a 24 dicepool. You are getting half your investment. You are, literally, getting half your investment for something that is ONLY ever useful IF you can stock up a shitload, and if you basically bullshit your way into saying "Yeah, I just spend literally every day of downtime crapping out preparations to fill ten different Vaults so that I never run out"
>>
A few threads ago someone reccomended the antumbra saga and caldecott caper mods for the shadowrun pc games. I played through both and I enjoyed them a lot. Do any of you know if there are any other mods of note?
>>
>>53061054
I personally imagine it as litearlly just a 1-1 rip of log horizon
>>
>>53059465
Okay, I have to ask, how exactly are Adepts hamstrung compared to Augmented Street Samurai? I've always been of the impression that the problem here is exactly the opposite, because every Augmentation worth taking is absurdly expensive both in Nuyen and Essence, whereas an Adept can just initiate and accrue powers for a comparative pittance and a similar level of power.
>>
What do your street samurais looks like, and what kind of wares do they have in them?
>>
>>53063629
>>
>>53063487
It is important to remember that adepts are actually stronger than sams, if they take 'ware. Burnout adepts are unarguably the strongest around. Pure adepts struggle to get everything they need compared to mundanes.

The key is that 'ware is actually much cheaper than adept powers for what it does, in terms of effective essence cost, as well as actual karma cost.

Say you want +3 to agility. You can either spend an entire 3 PP on it which is 3 essence worth of PP, or you could spend .6 essence on it by taking muscle toner, which causes you to lose 1 PP.

In essence, 1 PP equals 3 agility in 'ware, but only 1 agility in magic. And that is critical when you remember that getting 3 agility costs an adept half of all their PP at gen. For a mundane, 3 agility costs them only 1/3rd to 1/5th depending on their priority, and remember that a mundane can slot resources at B by not being an adept slotting magic at B, meaning that it is at most 1/3rd of their resources. And attributes and initiative are the most efficient when compared to nuyen. Skill boosts for adepts are horrifically inefficient in terms of what percentage of your augmentation resources it takes up.

As for later advancement and karma efficiency.

Muscle toner at rank 3 runs you about 91,000 nuyen. That is a lot of nuyen! But raising PP by 3 costs you 13, then 16, then 19 karma, or 48 karma, which is worth about... 96,000 nuyen if you assume 1 karma=2k nuyen. If you don't, treat them as equivalent, the value of getting the adept powers gets *worse* because you no longer can spend nuyen at all to boost stats, where as a mundane can spend karma to get skills and nuyen on stats.

For skill boosts, mundanes blow it out of the water. Augmentation is just so cheap to increase skills directly, as well as things like soak.

This is why burnout adepts are so insanely strong. What they can do is take all of the really efficient 'ware and combine it with adept powers.
>>
>>53063629
Our street samurai is a hipster who drives a Thundercloud Morgan because it doesn't have a pilot, doesn't use smartlink because it is cheating and has no 'ware.

No, I have not confused him with our adept.
>>
>>53063629
>>
>>53063629
>>
File: street sam.png (75KB, 1326x1228px) Image search: [Google]
street sam.png
75KB, 1326x1228px
>>53063651
I hope you enjoy this, I had to use an old token and its a little rushed but I think it gets the main ideas across.
>>
>>53063812

It is also important to remember that relative power difference between PCs isn't really a big deal so much as just being good at what you do. It is fine that burnouts are much stronger than pure mundanes. It is more just understanding the theory involved.

However pure adepts are in an especially rough spot because they have a lot of trap options, so it is easy for them not to be good at what they do. You can be a good pure adept, but it requires knowing what to take (stuff like agility boost is better than improved agility) and what to avoid (Pretty much anything that can be replaced by a wearable, like improved senses, or improved perception when you don't have both perception and astral perception as skills).
>>
>>53063910
It really doesn't, and I don't want to be an asshole, but your art looks like formless, hard to identify blobs that lack any real definition. Your perspectives are all fucked up pretty often, too.

The effort is appreciated, and if it works for you and your group then more power to you, but it looks like you could do better if you tried.
>>
>>53063852
>>
>>53063957
when you look at every other token I make I do it in a minimalist fashion, I draw main details and never draw faces, this isn't meant to be your portrait but more of a "oh this is where I am" for apps like roll20, I make all of the maps for my games as well so it all fits within the same art style rather than googling a shadowrun map and then using portrait tokens on the screen. I also feel that when you add too much detail it makes the players lazier about describing their characters/ myself when I describe NPCs.

basically if you were looking for a re-creation top down, that's not my purpose.
>>
>>53063970
>>
File: 1480994344422.jpg (85KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1480994344422.jpg
85KB, 444x446px
How much prep work does a GM need to have for runs? Should I have full maps/blueprints of buildings, guard rotations, and cctv camera spots, or does a general description suffice and maybe some grid squares work like in other games?
>>
File: 1421482012040.jpg (188KB, 561x950px) Image search: [Google]
1421482012040.jpg
188KB, 561x950px
>>53063629
She has some bioware, Muscle Toner 4 Muscle Augmentation 4, Aswell as a Pain Editor.
But thats it, Also dabbled into Adept.
I don't know what point you stop being a Sam and become something else though.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (21KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
21KB, 800x600px
>>53064096
I would say its best to have a map, even if its just walls and security features. Something like this would be the bare minimum I think.
Rotations and all shouldn't matter much unless the group specifically goes through the trouble of getting them through hacking or something.
In terms of keeping track of movement you can put as little or as much emphasis on accurate book-keeping as you want. In the end as GM is up to you.
>>
>>53064182
This image makes me want to roll a troll pretty bad, but then I remember how gimped they are compared to every other metatype.
>>
So UA has the Food duplication spell
Questions:
What attributes of the original has the copy?
If the food is in some kind magical, is the copy as well?
If the food in question is some piece of meat with some essence, does the copy also have some essence or is it just normal meat?
The spell says that the copies can't be duplicated, what about the original? Can you duplicate the original while only consuming the copies?
>>
>>53064430

Trolls are rough out of chargen but they aren't gimped. You just need to understand what they are good at, play to your metatype, and not try to match the other metas out of the gate.

Yours is the long game, you often need to go low on skills and 'ware but if you get good attributes as a troll and get skills as you go you will very very rapidly become insanely scary.
>>
Yekka, just downloaded the latest Chummer Nightly.

https://i.gyazo.com/419ff272c2e638ae0870805cb151f67b.png

This pops up immediately when started, regardless of it being a 100% clean install. Deleted everything other than Chummer, cleared custom stuff, completely fresh. Tried it three different times, it always pops up.
>>
>>53065022
File a bug report and then use the release version, not the nightly version.
>>
>>53063814
that's not a sammy, that's a mundane who I assume is on a lot of drugs.
>>
Fuck me these mastery qualities are an adventure to implement, I've been at it for ten hours and I've only finished up to the Charlatan. Still, they're a good test of the new requirements system, putting it right through its paces.
>>53065022
Cheers, I'll sort it out.
>>
So I just got a Mack Hellhound and I have a question.
I'm the only rigger on my team. I can't really drive and pilot those drones at the same time (I could but the actions I'd have to take would make me spread very thin). So can I jump into the Mack, while someone uses my RCC to give the drones orders? Does that work even if I'm using my RCC to jump into the Mack?
>>
>>53066056
Do you need to be running on the RCC to jump into your Hellhound? You can run your own persona off of a different device while your Samurai or Mage pilots the Drones with your RCC.
>>
>>53065950
No rush on you by any means, but would you happen to have an ETA on when you'd include the newest Adept metamagic in the release? I have a player that's 2 karma shy of initiation by trial, and was really wanting to counterspell for the team, since we don't have a full-on dedicated mage in the group.
>>
>>53066056
Let the Mack's Pilot drive. That is what they're there for.
>>
>>53066267
Ah yeah I forgot about that. I can probably use my commlink to jump in. Or do it directly.
Those drones will be slaved to my RCC off my persona though, presumably. I'm guessing anyone can still direct them though if they have my RCC physically in hand. Which means some unlucky bastard in my team is gonna have to learn basic matrix rules.

>>53066302
The Mack has a pilot rating of three so I don't really trust it to drive solo. We'll have to use this to deliver something and I'm 90% certain we'll get attacked on the way.
>>
>>53065111
m8 are you retarded?

The reason people post this shit is because >>53065950
happens. This is often faster and better than the bug reports.
>>
>>53066639
It is still good advice to tell people to also file reports. Keeps projects clean even if you have a direct line though, even if I don't think that was their intent.

And, even though he literally talked to someone here he should still file a bug report. Trust me it will end up a nightmare if people take on undocumented bugs, fix undocumented bugs, and then someone tries to fix some problem the fix may have caused later, have no idea why it was there, and take it all out and then suddenly the bug is reintroduced and may interact with more, new bugs!
>>
I'm building an Ork Street Samurai who is intentionally using Orkxploitation stereotypes in the image he sends. I've already got Sleeping Tiger, Shotguns Specialization, and a huge Intimidation pool going, what else should he be rocking?
>>
>>53067661
An Orz'et linguasoft. Can't be bothered to actually learn the language naturally.
>>
>>53066271
I hope to have the mastery qualities done tonight, after which I should be able to push through the rest of the stuff reasonably quickly. 18 hours or so, maybe?
>>53066965
Depends on the nature of the report, really. A lot of stuff is just easier for me to implement myself, particularly since there's so few active developers aside from self-interest patching.
>>
>>53067786
Perfect timing, our game's Sunday. Godspeed, Yekka.
>>
>>53067786
Is there any way to apply a blanket reduction to all Ware in Chummer, or any way to reduce the price/avail individually other than editing every single entry?
>>
>>53067920
>>53067786
Alright, apparently once you're Created, you can change the Markup, but it appears inaccessible in-game.

Would it be possible to like, add a small houserule natively to Chummer, that allows people to enter an amount fo adjust 'ware costs/avail by? It appears to be a common houserule/suggestion anyway.
>>
>>53067920
I have just the fix for you, chummer, its the one I use.
Create an override_cyberware.xml and an override_bioware.xml file and edit the cost multipliers of the GRADES of ware.

Alternatively, you could create a custom_cyberware.xml and custom_bioware.xml file and create custom grades called Standard (Houserule), Alphaware (Houserule) with the same changes.

That would prevent you from having to edit the override files when changes occur to the cyberware/bioware file during updates.
>>
>>53067920
Easiest way to get what you want would be fucking with the grade multipliers. Lets you change the availability, essence cost and price of items. YMMV, but it's the least data-entry-intensive option.
>>
>>53068085
>>53068016
All I need is to modify the Availability of all 'ware by -8, and reduce prices by 20% across the board. And somehow allow up to Deltaware at chargen, which I don't know how to do.
>>
>>53068216
The first two are easy. The last one requires Yekka's help or just ticking the "ignore character creation rules" option.
>>
>>53068277
Alright. What's the simplest way to do the prices across the board then, since if it applies to the base it shouldn't need to fuck about with all the other grades? Since I'd need to do Ignore Chargen Rules anyway, I can just do the avail in my head.
>>
File: ss13.png (12KB, 768x426px) Image search: [Google]
ss13.png
12KB, 768x426px
>>53046427
>honk honk
>>
>>53068308
>Create an override_cyberware.xml and an override_bioware.xml file and edit the cost multipliers of the GRADES of ware.

You'll need to go in the Data folder of chummer, just copy and paste the two xml files and rename them. Then edit the cost multiplier lines for each grade to match the percentage reduction cost you want. You can also do the availability modifier here too by just subtracting 8 from whatever modifier the grade has. For example, Alphaware is +2, so change it to a -6.
>>
What is the advantage to learning something naturally over slotting a knowsoft, aside from the fact that chips can be removed?
>>
>>53068216
Deltaware and Betaware are hard-blocked in code. I can't really free that up as an option until we finish the options redux, because I detest the current options system and don't want to touch it with a barge pole.

Technically you could just make your own Deltaware grade and call it something else, I guess.
>>
>>53068405
Aren't knowsofts simsense based, which leaves the eventual possibility open for addiction?
>>
Hoi Chummers, I ditched 5e back before the big CFD event, but I heard from someone Deus is back, and 'Jack bit it.

Has the meta improved, or has it continued its slow deterioration that began with Year of the Comet?
>>
>>53068412
Hey Yekka, Healthy Glow and Alter Memory have duplicate GUIDs on the latest nightly.
>>
>>53068507
>I ditched 5e back before the big CFD event
So you ditched it back in 4e?
>>
>>53068412
Just to verify here.

<grades>
<grade>
<id>f0a67dc0-6b0a-43fa-b389-a110ba1dd59d</id>
<name>Standard</name>
<ess>1</ess>
<cost>0.8</cost>
<avail>-8</avail>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>451</page>
</grade>
<grade>
<id>9166244c-440b-44a1-8795-4917b53e6101</id>
<name>Standard (Burnout's Way)</name>
<ess>0.8</ess>
<cost>0.8</cost>
<avail>-8</avail>
<source>SG</source>
<page>177</page>
</grade>
<grade>
<id>c4bbffe4-5818-4055-bc5e-f44562bde855</id>
<name>Used</name>
<ess>1.25</ess>
<cost>0.6</cost>
<avail>-12</avail>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>451</page>
</grade>
<grade>
<id>c2c6a3cc-c4bf-42c8-9260-868fd44d34ce</id>
<name>Alphaware</name>
<ess>0.8</ess>
<cost>0.96</cost>
<avail>-6</avail>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>451</page>
</grade>
<grade>
<id>9e24f0ce-b41e-496f-844a-82805fcb65a9</id>
<name>Betaware</name>
<ess>0.7</ess>
<cost>1.2</cost>
<avail>-4</avail>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>451</page>
</grade>
<grade>
<id>2b599ecd-4e80-4669-a78e-4db232c80a83</id>
<name>Deltaware</name>
<ess>0.5</ess>
<cost>2</cost>
<avail>0</avail>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>451</page>
</grade>
<grade>
<id>0c86e85c-7e3e-4b6f-aa4b-26d8b379a7c9</id>
<name>Gammaware</name>
<ess>0.4</ess>
<cost>5</cost>
<avail>+12</avail>
<source>CF</source>
<page>72</page>
</grade>
<grade>
<id>a6fba72c-9fbe-41dc-8310-cd047b50c81e</id>
<name>Omegaware</name>
<ess>1</ess>
<cost>0.6</cost>
<avail>-12</avail>
<source>CF</source>
<page>71</page>
</grade>
</grades>

I haven't somehow set fire to this, have I?
>>
>>53068582
Oh yeah, that was kinda towards the ass-end of 4e too, wasn't it.
Well, suffice to say I ditched pretty much when 5e was new, when CFD was emerging on the world stage.
>>
>>53068606
As long as your math is good for the multipliers, it should run just fine.
>>
>>53068405
Can't spend Edge on 'softs is the major one.
>>53068606
It looks right; you might run into weird issues with negative Availability, but it should be fine.
>>53068538
Yeah, I noticed it earlier. Will have it fixed up ASAP, just busy at the moment.
>>
>>53068754
Thanks m8
>>
File: 1488694431825.gif (298KB, 325x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488694431825.gif
298KB, 325x720px
>>53045300
I don't know much about /tg/shit in general
Only really ever played a bit of DnD
a friend of mine wants to try running a shadowrun game, but he said the current edition is way too bloated and not so good so we are doing first edition
What is the /tg/ opinion on the best way to play?
>>
>>53068448
>possibility for addiction
>>53068754
>Can't spend Edge on 'softs is the major one.
The reason I'm asking is because it doesn't seem like they are as widespread as you'd expect.
Any Sammy with some extra capacities could run Kung-Fu or a Face run one with information on corporate etiquette for example.
Though with what you said there seem to be good lore and mechanical reasons for their relative rarity.

Anyway, thanks for the input. Was just one of those things about the setting that I wonder about sometimes.
>>
>>53069715
Well Skilljacks, Skillwires, and Softs in general are actually commonplace in the setting, largely among poor workers and Wageslaves. Problem is that mechanically Skillwires are in a bad place so they are going to be underrepresented in PCs. As well, Skillwire Suites are largely used by non-runners in fluff, so PCs have less of a fluff reason to invest.

I think Linguasofts and Knowsofts are super useful, my Samurai at my table is investing his spare nuyen into them.
>>
>>53069639
Nobody knows 1e, and it's really not bloated. Your friend is a retarded faggot.
>>
File: Pride, Melee Berserker.jpg (756KB, 1920x2466px) Image search: [Google]
Pride, Melee Berserker.jpg
756KB, 1920x2466px
In honor of the new rules for Mentor's Mask: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/R6GKr
>>
File: retard intensifies.jpg (67KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
retard intensifies.jpg
67KB, 770x433px
>want to make an adventurous sort, an adept with a gung-ho personality and daring, with a jack of all trades approach on skills
>decide that, thematically, I want him to be a troll and to do all this stuff you could like a serial film, daring plane landings, swimming, gymnastics, whatever, and have him wear those oversized goggles and the jacket Launchpad McQuack wears
>yeah, I like this, going to have a blast doing that character with the tabletop crew
>mfw first time trying to build a troll
>mfw at how fucking shit the priority method is for them and if I want ok stats I have to have shit skills, or vice-versa, let alone trying to add adept to the mix

Fucking kill me guys. How do I go about this?
>>
>>53071077
If you're in Priority, you're basically fucked. Sum to Ten is really your only option, unless you can get a GM to let you use Treat Metatype Attribute Minimums as 1 for costs, and gives you extra karma, since trolls get fucked really hard.
>>
>>53068369
I feel like there's an unusually large overlap between Shadowrun players and ss13 players
>>
SPELL DEFENSE
Spell defense is used against hostile spells cast at you
or at targets that are within your line of sight (using the
same rules as for targeting spells) that you decide to
protect with spell defense. Declaring this protection is
either a Free Action or, if you don’t have one left, an
Interrupt Action that reduces your Initiative Score by
5. Each Combat Turn, you have a pool of dice for spell
defense equal to your Counterspelling skill. When a
spell is cast, you may choose to use some or all of your
Counterspelling dice to defend against an incoming
spell. Against each spell attack, you have to choose
how many dice from this pool to allocate for defense,
and you can select how many people (including your-
self if you desire) are covered by these defensive dice.
You can protect a number of people at one time equal
to your Magic Rating. These dice are then added to the
defense tests of everyone you’re covering. The pool re-
freshes at the beginning of each Combat Turn.

Versus

HARMONIOUS DEFENSE
A character with harmonious defense has learned
the ability to use their connection to magic to shield
themselves and others from hostile magic. When
the adept declares that they will use harmonious
defense (a Free Action), they receive a dice pool
equal to their Willpower + Magic + initiate grade,
which can be used in the same fashion as spell de-
fense dice from the Counterspelling skill. Note that
whenever an adept uses harmonious defense, they
automatically begin perceiving astrally.

So, Adepts are... roughly three times better at Counterspelling than Mages?
>>
>>53071218
We need to be, now that pesky wizards are after our delicious veins.

That said, one's a metamagic, the other can be used out of the box with karma
>>
>>53071268
Yeah, but vanilla Counterspelling is only dice equal to your Skill. Magic doesn't add, and unless you have Shielding, you're JUST rolling Counterspelling.
>>
>>53071077
Firstly understand that even for simple concepts, like a human mage or sam, that chargen is about sacrifice and compromise.

Now understand being a troll is an even greater exercise in said compromise.

You legitimately can't start with everything you want. You need to E something. The ideal is to get atts and metatype high, resources D, and skills C (Skills D is horrifically bad).

You will start out sloppy, with obvious gaps in skills, items, ect. You need to be rational about what you can survive without. Prioritize things that will be hard to buy later before just mild utility that would be easy to get quickly.

You can do it, I believe in you anon!
>>
>>53071218

Yes. This is a good thing for the game because it is always bad for something to be its own counter.
>>
>>53071218
So is there anyway for a mundane to better protect themself from bullshit magic without needing a mage in the party?
>>
>>53071601
I think mundanes can use shofars to tell spirits to fuck off, but actual mages themselves your best bet is geeking the mage with edge.
>>
>>53045300
What's the new book? I haven't heard anything about it.
>>
>>53072002
Forbidden Arcana, It's not terrible, but I don't much care for it so far. It's gonna get the shit banned out of it in Missions though.
>>
>>53072002
>What's the new book? I haven't heard anything about it.

Its pretty good. Has some questionable stuff but most buzz seems pretty good, and a lot of the meme worthy stuff is actually interesting.
>>
>>53072035
>>53072041
Huh. Remember a few days ago when another anon asked about the book and everybody sperged out?
>>
>>53072283
The book has literally been out like... a day.
>>
>>53072350
Your point?
>>
>>53072283
Its typical /srg/ and 4chan fashion to sperg out over these things. I'm somewhere between excited and concerned about the splat. Balance wise? I think it'll end up fine.

I think some of the Magic Mastery qualities are overcosted for what they give, particularly the ones that are trade-offs. I think the Updated Traditions are neat, especially the Traditional versions. Even if most players won't take those restrictions, it does a good job of establishing flavor precedents.

I was about to complain that Aspected Magicians still don't get free spells, but I just realized that the Dedicated Spellslinger is explicitly for this purpose.
>>
File: Waifu of the Cosmos.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu of the Cosmos.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
Ah, blood magic and the new Elder Gods tradition.

It's time to create a college chummers.
>>
>>53072035
Hey, quick question.

If I'm making a Custom File to add things like the following (Sourced from https://scionhouserules.wordpress.com/compendium/shadowrun-overhaul-gamemastering/ )

Monofilament Edge Addon: For Blades +1000 nuyen -1 Acc +1 AP +2 Availability.

Balanced Mono Edge Addon: For Blades +10,000 nuyen +1 AP +4 Availability.

New Qualities:

Custom Built: Weapon has +1 added to Accuracy for the person it is tailored to. Increases Cost of the Weapon by 20 fold and +4 Availability.

Microgravity NanoForged: Weapon has +1 added to its DV and +10 added to its Barrier Rating for the purpose of avoiding being broken because of the lack of flaws in the crystalline structure of the metal when forged in an microgravity environment with a nanoforge using advanced carbon nanotubes. Has an Object Resistance of 16. Increases Cost of the Weapon by 100 fold and +10 Availability if forged for your specifications and +8 if not . If forged for your specs it can include Custom Built at no extra cost.

Lowtech Nanoforging: Crafted usually for weapon foci so as to keep the OR as low as possible it involves using carbon nanotubes and other nanoforging techniques reverse engineered from Damascus or Ulfbehrt blades. Weapon has +1 added to its DV and +4 added to its Barrier Rating for the purpose of avoiding being broken. Has an Object Resistance of 8. Increase Cost of the Weapon 250 fold and +10 Availability if forged for your specifications and +8 if not. If forged for your specs it can include Custom Built at no extra cost.

Do I basically just copy over the Personalized Grip/Dikote custom file you made a while ago and throw that together?

Do I have to do anything with custom IDs?

Would you be cool with me posting up an example just for the sake of double-checking things, to be sure?
>>
File: tumblr_nmz84wj1ow1roymnwo8_1280.jpg (136KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmz84wj1ow1roymnwo8_1280.jpg
136KB, 667x1000px
>>53073225
You don't strictly NEED a unique GUID, but it'll spam you with warnings about it because I have zero trust in names being unique. You can get a guid from guidgenerator.com. As far as the modifications go, you'd probably want to use something like this:

<accessory>
<id>b5023e8d-1c96-4ec6-af0f-ca5f619a32b8</id>
<name>MonoFilament Edge</name>
<mount/>
<required>
<weapondetails>
<category>Blades</type>
</weapondetails>
</required>
<accuracy>-1</accuracy>
<ap>1</ap>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>+2</avail>
<cost>1000</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>0</page>
</accessory>
<accessory>
<id>62ee4bee-d1d4-4220-87d6-a54159eb925d</id>
<name>Microgravity Nano-Forged</name>
<mount/>
<required>
<weapondetails>
<type>Melee</type>
</weapondetails>
</required>
<damage>1</ap>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>+10</avail>
<cost>Weapon Cost * 100</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>0</page>
</accessory>

Always happy to take a look at your custom content if there's any issues, as far as I'm concerned it's a failing of Chummer that there's no custom generator for content in the first place.
>>
>>53074098
Neat. Thanks a ton, man. I'll see what I can put together for them.

Also, is this an error? <damage>1</ap>
That should be <damage>1</damage> right?
>>
>>53074098

<chummer>
<accessories>
<accessory>
<id>05628914-830d-4671-9bd4-32955b5e9f2e</id>
<name>Balanced Mono-filament Edge</name>
<mount/>
<required>
<weapondetails>
<category>Blades</type>
</weapondetails>
</required>
<ap>1</ap>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>+2</avail>
<cost>10000</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>1</page>
</accessory>
<accessory>
<id>f05a2154-501c-41fa-b522-57581790a0dd</id>
<mount/>
<required>
<weapondetails>
<type>Melee</type>
</weapondetails>
</required>
<accuracy>1</accuracy>
<damage>1</damage>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>+4</avail>
<cost>Weapon Cost * 2</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>1</page>
</accessory>
</accessories>
</chummer>

Alright, this one doesn't work, yet the following does:

<chummer>
<accessories>
<accessory>
<id>e2dcce16-659a-464d-9f17-29f42caaf4eb</id>
<name>Dikote (100cm, Edged)</name>
<mount />
<rating>10</rating>
<slots>0</slots>
<damage>1</damage>
<ap>-2</ap>
<avail>4</avail>
<cost>Rating * 1000</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>181</page>
</accessory>
<accessory>
<id>7849c652-dbc1-43b4-a684-3b044dc119b9</id>
<name>Dikote (100cm, Blunt)</name>
<mount />
<rating>10</rating>
<slots>0</slots>
<damage>1</damage>
<avail>4</avail>
<cost>Rating * 1000</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>181</page>
</accessory>
</accessories>
</chummer>
>>
Hey guys, i have an interesting gameplay question. I am planning to run a hybrid adept /street samaruai with some light augmentation. I am planning to run 4 magic to start and then have 2 essence drain and then use karma to get the rating back up to 4. At this point i have 4 essence and 4 magic. What happens if initiate and get to say initiate rank 4. Is my maximum magic then 4 still or is my magic allowed to go past my essence rating. My gm will ultimately decided, but i am interested to hear other opnions
>>
>>53074279
Basically, as a totally unaugmented person, your maximum magic is 6(Essence)+Initiate Grade.

If you have Augments, then it's Essence(Rounded down)+Initiate Grade.

If you have Exceptional Attribute: Magic, then it's effectively Essence+1, since your natural maximum is 7 for it.

tl;dr: Use Chummer. It just handles it automatically.
>>
File: 1493672561131.png (453KB, 680x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493672561131.png
453KB, 680x960px
>>53069639
I'd take 2nd or 3rd edition over 1st.
2nd is basically 1st with more content and a good editing pass
3rd is 2nd with crazy granularity.
>>
>>53074304
Thank you, this was very helpful
>>
>>53074132
>>53074257
Yeah, I wasn't paying attention when I copypasted the entries. The Required detail for the Balanced edge was wrong.
<chummer>
<accessories>
<accessory>
<id>05628914-830d-4671-9bd4-32955b5e9f2e</id>
<name>Balanced Mono-filament Edge</name>
<mount/>
<required>
<weapondetails>
<category>Blades</category>
</weapondetails>
</required>
<ap>1</ap>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>+2</avail>
<cost>10000</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>1</page>
</accessory>
<accessory>
<id>f05a2154-501c-41fa-b522-57581790a0dd</id>
<mount/>
<required>
<weapondetails>
<type>Melee</type>
</weapondetails>
</required>
<accuracy>1</accuracy>
<damage>1</damage>
<rating>0</rating>
<avail>+4</avail>
<cost>Weapon Cost * 2</cost>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>1</page>
</accessory>
</accessories>
</chummer>
>>
>>53073154
Before that, we gotta get one thing down. Is it Kos or Kosm?
>>
>>53074990
Huh. That's odd.

Alright, just to make absolutely sure I'm not somehow COMPLETELY retarded here.

>Make new file
>Call file custom_whatever.xml
>Copy+paste entry into file
>Put file in Chummer under Data
>Start Chummer

And then it should work, right? That's all I need to do with the Dikote entry, as far as I'm aware, and that one works consistently, but for some reason, this one doesn't show up. I've got Availability turned up, so that can't be it, Ignore Chargen Rules is ticked and that can't be it, it's technically from the CRB so it can't be that I don't think, and it doesn't actually crash Chummer so it can't be formatted incorrectly?
>>
>>53075350
It's MANA-YOOD-SUSHAI.

Alternatively, it's Kosmog.
>>
File: 2017-05-05 20_11_31-.png (54KB, 1196x773px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-05 20_11_31-.png
54KB, 1196x773px
>>53075425
Should be, yes.
>>
>>53075475
Huh. Alright, I don't know if I'm tired or going insane or what, but I just tried to compare them side-by-side, and they seem to be the exact same, yet... I can't actually add it to bladed melee weapons. Like, for the sake of example, Ares Monosword. Nope, doesn't work. No others, either. Tried clubs for the sake of it, nothing. Looked under Gear, nothing.

Screenshot: https://i.gyazo.com/a26286eacfa1af6ccd422ecb143f71a2.png

Thanks for all the help, man. And sorry for being a pain.
>>
>>53075504
Has to be custom_weapons.xml!
>>
>>53075515
Oh, I was unaware of that. Thanks!
>>
Hey chummers, our party's mags is getting nervous about leaving her son behind alone in the apartment when she goes out to run, so the group needs someone to watch her kid during work.

What's the best bet for finding someone trustworthy enough to leave the kid with, but discrete enough not to ask too many questions about what work she's doing?
>>
>>53075551
Drones, Personafixed nanny, friends, summon a spirit or create an Ally spirit.

If you want to protect the kid in a magical way, make the House into a Lodge or Ward it, so that it has a barrier.
>>
>>53075551
With a mage, spirit would seem to be a good option. Whereabouts are you running? Might be able to recommend some local solutions if you can give a city.
>>
>>53075551
Take him with you on the run, how old is the brat? Never too young to start learning and all that...
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/69dh8z/hey_the_point_here_is_to_help_not_nitpick_bitch/

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Christ, kill me now.
>>
I'm working on a rebellious corp brat caster character.
Basically "Johnny wants to be hardcore but his mom won't let him".

What do you think would be more interesting?
Hermetic mage or shaman (and if so, which totem)?

I intend to only start with flashy instant spells, such as lightning ball or chaos, not subtle or complicated ones.
>>
>>53076089
Hermetic, 100%
>>
>>53073154
So...
Are those "elder gods" the horrors or are they seperate beings?
>>
>>53076089
Usually hermetic, but chaos is could be possible.
Some corps also have their own magic shticks, like shintoists in the japanocorps or blood mages in Aztech.

Which opens the question: Are there official hellenistic mage-priests of Ares in ares?
>>
>>53077645
They're almost certaintly something else. If they weren't, I feel like Dunk would have destroyed his Al Azif instead of gifting it.

So the Elder Gods are probably still spirits and [strike]Passions[/strike] Mentors.
>>
>>53075551
Get a SINless homeless man to watch over him, he can teach the kid the art of haggling for goods with matches and wine, and the proper way to hold a shiv.
>>
>>53076081
Crying tears of gravy
>>
>>53077736
>Are there official hellenistic mage-priests of Ares in Ares?
Most likely not.

Not sure about chaos outside of an anything-goes attitude for my character.

My main issue with a hermetic mage is that the hermetic libraries cost 100k on disk and 200k in book form in SR2.
>>
I might just be retarded by how do I increase a drone's attributes on Chummer?
In fact, I can't find any of the drone modifications here. I must be missing something pretty major.
>>
>>53078592
>in SR2.
wait, you play SR2? Why didn't you say so? The individual editions vary, and 1e-3e and 4e-5e vary EVEN MORE

>>53078623
right click on the drone and then "Add Modification"
>>
>>53078648
Ah, I found the problem.
There's optional drone modding rules within 5.0. Presumably my Chummer doesn't have those enabled.
>>
>>53078730
You can change the used books in the Option menu
>>
>>53078767
Just have but I've encountered a new problem where Chummer crashes upon selecting Armor (Drone).
This kinda sucks because with the optional drone modding rules you can fit way more armor onto your drones.
>>
>>53078592
Legit had no idea anybody played 2nd edition anymore.

How fucking old are you?
>>
>>53078846
what build are you on?
>>
>>53078888
An older one. Updating's fixed the issue though so call me a complete sperg. Sorry for the trouble.
>>
>>53078897
Unlike what other chummers may think this is the general, and thus where you can ask questions about SR.

And as long as you remember to first google your problem, then look in the Pastebin and then ask I'm pretty sure that most here will have no problem with you asking a question
>>
>>53078926
Oh I know that, I just should've tried other options before asking a question.
>>
>>53078861
I'm only 30. Our GM insisted we play 2nd edition.
He also insists we disregard Matrix Rules entirely which made my first choice of playing a Decker feel kind of pointless.
>>
>>53078648
I wasn't really asking for anything mechanical, so I didn't think it would make a difference what edition we play. It's primarily a flavour thing.
>>
One of my players is a vampire who seems to have an ambition to have 12 magic at all times. What are some of the many ways this can bite him in the ass?
>>
>>53079796

Ehh... vampires were not balanced for this sort of thing.

The issue is lore wise random violence is common and getting 12 essence permanently is easy. Then ways for this to be detected require you to detect he is a vampire anyway.

I recommend just talking to them about how essence boost needs to be a sometimes thing, because its very much an ability based on trust. You have no methods as a GM of controlling its overuse besides banning it. So just let them know that in a friendly, non accusatory way like someone who doesn't have autism.
>>
>>53079796
How well does he pick his targets? Odds that he'll run into a mage or adept or have a survivor that starts spreading rumors that get vamp hunters interested?
>>
>>53080017
If they just dip into the barrens for a snack there is no real chance of being caught. There violence rules over the helpless and random deaths are just too common for him to be noticed.
>>
Are there any side-effects of having two Alter Memory spells active on a target if the spells came from separate sources?
>>
>>53079908
What? Oh, I've warned him it's not a good idea, I'm not doing it to passive aggressively rein in his power

>>53080017
He doesn't kill his victims- he's got a load of hobos running around with essence drain addictions
>>
>>53080073
>He doesn't kill his victims- he's got a load of hobos running around with essence drain addictions

Oh! Well then color me full of shit! A cult of insane addicts is super noticeable and annoying!

You are a GM, you should be able to figure out how having a bunch of homeless hangers on obsessed with you would really suck for a career supercriminal!
>>
>>53080073

A bunch of hobos huh. Well there's not much you can do aside from having him run into a shadowrunner using the squatter lifestyle or somehow catching CFD.

At least until his victims get into double digits and start attracting attention. The corps do have eyes and ears in the barrens.
>>
>>53079034
Run.
>>
>>53079034
Listen to >>53080345
>>
>>53080073
"Dude, there's this pale fella who can make you feel better than any drug."
Suddenly the vampire's hideout becomes hobo haven with a hundred unwashed dudes who smell like stale sweat and urine standing in line to get bitten.
>>
>>53080594
And then the local crime syndicates pay a visit because suddenly all those hobos stopped buying their drugs.

There's countless ways you punish munchkins in Shadowrun.
>>
One more thing- for the essence drain addiction test in the core (p397) it says "willing" victim. Run faster doesn't seem to make such a distinction. Does this mean that in order for a victim to be require to make the psychological test to become addicted to essence drain, they have to be willing?
>>
>>53081927
No. They have to make the test whenever it happens.
>>
>>53076081
does that reddit account belong to someone on CGL's payroll?
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.