[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outsider Update 2 - elf boogaloo.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 38

File: 1493771807400[1].jpg (153KB, 663x799px) Image search: [Google]
1493771807400[1].jpg
153KB, 663x799px
Ousider is a sci-fi webcomic whose update schedule can appear on the geological time scale.

Most recent page: http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider113.html

Main page: http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/index.html

Insider: http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/insider.html

Forum: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4
>>
File: gurps_beryl.gif (80KB, 742x1002px) Image search: [Google]
gurps_beryl.gif
80KB, 742x1002px
>>
File: gurps_fireblade.png (82KB, 747x1004px) Image search: [Google]
gurps_fireblade.png
82KB, 747x1004px
>>53037994
>>
>>53037945
How would Fireblade react to finding Jardin decorating pictures of her and her crewmates with beards?
>>
>>53038004
Confusion, probably.
>>
File: gurps_tempo[1].gif (85KB, 757x997px) Image search: [Google]
gurps_tempo[1].gif
85KB, 757x997px
>>53038002
All those redacted lines don't look very good.
>>
>>53038142
mostly on her psi skills. it makes sense that she would have a few of those given that she is an intelligence officer.
>>
>>53038142
>prefers dark, humid places
Why would anyone have that?

Take a stab at what could be [REDACTED]
>mind control
>mind break
>hypnosis
>suggestion
>conditioning
>>
File: loroi_male1.jpg (29KB, 387x420px) Image search: [Google]
loroi_male1.jpg
29KB, 387x420px
>>53038004
Would the Loroi even know what a beard is
Their men are smug little bitchboys
>>
>>53038329
they live a life of non stop sex. they have the right to be smug about it
>>
>>53038329
if anything they might be intimidated and jealous of human men
>>
>>53038362

Of course they would be, they're little 4 foot twinks.
>>
>>53037994
>xenophilia
>>
>>53038546

>xenophilia

Shit, how did I miss that. Welp, that tears it, bitch is getting HUMAN'd
>>
>>53038002
>500/1000 degrees per 1 lb
Is that °c or °F?
>1.5k - 6.5k lbs telekinesis
I thought force wasn't homogeneous to mass.
>>
>>53038002

Okay, looking at her stats I can understand how they were used as shock troops.
>>
THE BLUEBERRIES LIE
YOU CAN'T TRUST'EM
>>
File: OUTSIDERED.jpg (132KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
OUTSIDERED.jpg
132KB, 350x350px
WHATCHA LOOKIN AT, BLUEBOY?
>>
>>53038546
>>53038568
Isn't that the flaw where your character is the one that insists the angry pointy-toothed snarlbeast gnashing at the party's heels is merely trying to communicate
>>
>>53038849

Xenophily or xenophilia means an affection for unknown/foreign objects or people. It is the opposite of xenophobia or xenophoby.

If you stretched the translation a bit "love of aliens".
>>
Why doesn't the author just do a light novel instead of a webcomic? Mostly text with the occasional illustration. It's obvious he'll never finish with a pure webcomic.
>>
>>53038890
I'm aware, but it's also a specific GURPS character flaw and these are GURPS character sheets.
>>
>>53038900
Came here to post this.
>>
>>53037945

Why does Beryl have the best beard?
>>
>>53038968
Because she's best girl
>>
>>53038985

I'm tempted to argue for the sake of discussion, but I can't help but agree.
>>
>>53038362
Intimidated physically, perhaps.

But probably not jealous.>>53038423
>>
File: gurps desavantages tempo.png (180KB, 648x1492px) Image search: [Google]
gurps desavantages tempo.png
180KB, 648x1492px
>>53038890
>You are instinctively fascinated and attracted by strangers and aliens, no matter how dangerous or frightening they appear to be. Make a self-control roll whenever you meet someone (or something) like this. If
you fail, you assume that this person is interested in interacting with you socially. A xenophile finds himself offering drinks to glaring foreign soldiers, making passes at cute vampires,and shaking tentacles with Things Man Was Not Meant To Know while his companions are pointing weapons or running the other way... As partial compensation, you get a bonus to Fright Checks when meeting strange creatures.
>NPCs with this trait will react to exotic PCs at a similar bonus.
She would need some sexual traits on top of that to automatically want the D.

I've found the list of possible disadvantages. Take your pick.
>>
>>53038931
Basically, with Xenophilia, if Beryl rolls 16, 17 or 18 on a 3d6, she will assume that whatever stranger or alien she sees is friendly and wants to interact with her.
>>
>>53039025
>She would need some sexual traits on top of that to automatically want the D.

Isn't the entire loroi culture built around making more loroi for the war effort? You need horny women for that.
>>
So am I wrong in saying the loroi are basically jumped up savages with a superiority complex?
>>
>>53039064
Yes.
>>
>>53039052
Nope. Continuously horny women would result in population explosion and lack of available personel due to constant pregnancy.
In peacetime they weren't seing males often.
>>
>>53039073

Why? Their culture is crude, they disdain science and glorify combat, and can only function because of client races who provide them tech, yet they think their the best thing since sliced bread. Sounds like jumped up savages with delusions of superiority to me.
>>
>>53039110

That doesn't mean they weren't horny, it means access to males was restricted. She even says that's how they control their population, by controlling their access to males. The bitches wanna fuck but dicks are a controlled commodity. All the men are owned by the state.
>>
>>53038805
Fuck off shell

Titheric genocide never happened
>>
>>53039113
So they're an entire race of smug anime girls?
>>
>>53039129

And beryl is best girl, AKA slightly less cunty than the rest.
>>
>>53039113
They don't outright disdain science, they lock themselves into particular social cliques and lack the social mobility to spread scientific ideas freely.

Not entirely dissimilar to the way we lock scientific papers behind paywalls that no one is willing to pay for.
>>
File: gallen_uniform3[1].jpg (55KB, 310x706px) Image search: [Google]
gallen_uniform3[1].jpg
55KB, 310x706px
>>53039125
Any gendered species is gonna want to fuck. Because the ones that didn't already went extinct.

However, putting ~2000 horny people in a single ship without access to the opposite sex when homosexuality is frowned upon is gonna ensure that the enemy won't need to even fire a single shot.
>>
>>53039216

Masturbation, and rotations back on leave where they can blow off steam. And a few of them probably scissor. Same way our own navies dealt with it, and you can't tell me seamen weren't randy bastards.
>>
File: outsider065.jpg (289KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider065.jpg
289KB, 825x1200px
>>53039113
They're uplifted proto-humans used as proxy cannon fodder for an ancient alien empire. They also like to pretend they're not uplifted proto-humans because there's apparently several other uplifted cannon fodder races.
>>
>>53039254
Have you ever seen seamen on leave?
No imagine the same thing but with literally rutting sailors, 1/10th the number of prostitutes, and state bureaucracy to access them.
That's a bloodbath.
>>
>>53039278

That doesn't disprove my point.
>>
>>53039025
>compulsive behavious: liar
>>
>>53039278
>captain jardin
You know, that's always been the part i cannot understand. Is promoting a member of a different race they have no contact with and don't understand the military ranks of supposed to be meaningful? It just seems to show their shallowness 'oh, the glorious loroi would never deal with a LOWLY ensign. So you're a captain now!'
>>
>>53039293

Presumably the loroi are more disciplined. I still stand by my headcannon. Them bitches be horny as fuck. That's why they locked him up in solitary, keep him from getting jumped by the sex starved crew.
>>
>>53039328
>the crew is tired because it's been in a low level state of mutiny with factions forming and trying to storm alex's cell
i believe it
>>
>>53039315
Well, no, he's highest ranking navy man on the now destroyed Bellermine, so now he's acting captain. It's literally just a temperary field position until they can link up with humanity.
>>
>>53039315
They're recognizing him as the leader of the ship they rescued him from, since he's technically the highest ranked survivor.
>>
>>53039341
There's no ship for him to be acting captain of, and this again only works if the loroi and humans have an identical system of command in their ships.
>>
>>53039337

Note that when they came to get him they had marines in full combat gear. Coincidence? I think not!
>>
>>53039355
>only works if the loroi and humans have an identical system of command

Why?
They both have a concept of "leader of the ship" and Jardin presumeably knows enough trade language to recognize the word, seeing as how he's an ambassador.
>>
>>53039388
It's assuming leadership can pass down. That ranks move up and take more responsibility if the higher ups are incapacitated. It's not hard to imagine either social constructs that do not allow that to happen or physical limitations that make it impossible.
>>
>>53039417
Why would the Loroi bother to imagine such an outcome?
They're top dog in a 1000 year space empire, their military protocol is standard military protocol and their current situation is one of constant field promotions due to critical crew malfunctions.
>>
>>53039449
>first contact with an entirely new alien race
>i'm sure they follow our protocols
Yeah, starting to think the guy who said they're upjumped savages is correct.
>>
>>53039469
He's already demonstrated he's familiar with their language and has mentioned he's been briefed somewhat by system natives.
He gave them his original rank in their system, in their language, and has demonstrated no confusion with any of their ranks.

Also they're still not sure he's an alien, his psyblock makes them think he's some sort of spy pretending to be an alien.
That's kind of why they're dragging him back to the homeworld for questioning.
>>
>>53039113
If the Loroi are savages, then so are basically every vaguely nationalistic political body on Earth, the US included.
>>
>>53039025
>Sadism
>Lecherousness

Alex might be in for some "fun" time.
>>
>>53038805
Kikitik, don't you have some species to be enslaving? Get off the internet and back into your slave-labour camp.
>>
>>53039052
Loroi culture is built around controlling the access women have to men - their men are all property of the state and live in monasteries/brothels. Women are generally allowed to mate at least once in their life (or more, until they get pregnant), but further matings are doled out as rewards by the higher-ups. Even the higher-ups almost never form long-term relationships with males, and repeatedly mating with the same male or attempting to monopolize a male is taboo.

The higher-ups themselves tend towards having as many children as possible, since in Loroi society the mother doesn't typically raise their own child and their medical technology means they don't have to carry the child to term anyway. The point of having children though isn't that they're compulsive breeders, it's that nepotism is alive and well in the Loroi union and any children you have are likely to be your diehard supporters after a lifetime of patronage.

The Loroi ain't sex demons, they're machiavellian spartan bitches with a caste system. Having sex with someone just because you're both into it rather than because society wants you to reproduce would to them be a bizarre, degenerate fetish.
>>
>>53039357
Just wait until he drops that humans can have sex all they want like he almost did in the elevator.
>>
>>53040449
>The Loroi ain't sex demons, they're machiavellian spartan bitches with a caste system. Having sex with someone just because you're both into it rather than because society wants you to reproduce would to them be a bizarre, degenerate fetish.

At least when we are talking about the military casts. Civilians are supposedly more open though they hold no power.
>>
>>53040693
>loroi civilians
>not a myth
LOROI
WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION
>>
>>53040883
Do the loroi have the same disdain for REMFS as human soldiers so?
>>
>>53040883
Fuck toy.
>>
>>53039417
You need to have a person responsible for a ship at all times.
Chain of command is one of the basic tenants of a navy. It ain't gonna change just because those people have pointy ears.
>>
>>53040988
>You need to have a person responsible for a ship at all times.
No you don't. It's how some humans have gone about doing things, but there is no law of physics mandating such a thing.
>>
>>53040935
Hey buddy, why don't you go tell Fireblade that for a bet?
>>
>>53041093
Please give me a functional command structure of an isolated vessel that doesn't include one person holding full authority and responsability, excluding thing like hiveminds since the Loroi are very close to humans.
>>
>>53041159
I think that would be his plan all along.
Also Fireblade is the only pure girl on the ship.
>>
>>53041255
>Human-Loroi negotiations tense after freak spontaneous combustion
>>
>>53041241
You can have a person holding sole authority, you can just have that authority be unchangeable. If a captain dies, the ship is considered to be dead along with him and scrapped. Crew aren't officially 'people'.

That could come from societal constructs (super nobles or some such), no weird biology required.
>>
>>53041255
severe mental trauma will cause that
>>
> best girl
>>
>>53041355
>Girl
That looks like a Loroi male.
>>
File: hahah.png (265KB, 366x440px) Image search: [Google]
hahah.png
265KB, 366x440px
>>53040449
source or bullshit

ive spent enough time in 40k thrreads to know that most of /tg/ are outright dumb niggers who are too stupid extract any meaning from source material
>>
>>53040934
Civilians are either failed warriors or the descendents of failed warriors, that's why they are looked down upon.
>>
>>53041300
Yes, but the loroi don't function like that. Their entire society is build around the military, and that happens to have ranks similar to the ones we know from humanity. It is entirely feasible that aliens in sci fi stories have different structures in society and military that we humans can comprehend. But outsider isn't one of those stories. The Loroi are human-looking space elves that are almost certainly descendent from humans for christ's sake.
>>
File: IncorrectLiving.png (101KB, 430x398px) Image search: [Google]
IncorrectLiving.png
101KB, 430x398px
>>53038353
>Cute elf chick says that she understands that males need to get fucked all the time or they start suffering health problems.
>She offers to make arrangements so that you can mating press blue skinned elf babes just after waking up in the morning.
>"Nah, human men aren't like that, I don't want elf pussy every day."

I want to stab the little faggot.
>>
>>53041517
>descendent
Engineered
>>
>>53041618
>just watched his ship get blow'd up and all his crewmates die
>elves try to mind rape him
>has no idea if the elves are physically toxic
Can't say i disagree with his refusal here.
>>
File: gurps xenophile.png (1MB, 991x757px) Image search: [Google]
gurps xenophile.png
1MB, 991x757px
>>53041300
How do you promote someone in that case?

>>53041517
Umiaks do assign crews to ships and let them until both are destroyed, tho.
>>
>>53041618
>thinking with your dick during first contact with genocidal space elves
Life expectancy: less than 10000 solons.
>>
>>53041914
But, from what we have seen, they still have some form of command structure on those ships. Kitik...ktikitk....kititkikt...fuck it, that one general is in charge of their fleet at the battle after all.
>>
>>53042033
Seems their command structure is disconnected from ship operation.
>>
File: IMG_0779.jpg (111KB, 640x901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0779.jpg
111KB, 640x901px
I feel like Loroi congeniality is an obscene display of power. If they have interstellar psitech detection fields, I guarantee that dissent can be root-canaled from their society on an individual level (some castes doubtlessly specialize in this - as other anons pointed out, Tempo's [[REDACTED]] psi abilities raise an eyebrow or two >>53038142). Even if you don't use that punishment/"rehabilitation" often, it is a lot more philosophically serious than an electric chair, and will shape your entire society. A telepath hierarchy needs no slaves... Perhaps their disdain for the Umiak's mundane coercion and imperialism is rooted there?

I digress! Art is great!

>>53041618
I thought it was incredibly cheeky. So far the writing has been right on the level of self-awareness that doesn't grate me, although I hope (and I literally always hope this at all times, in reality and fiction) that we run into plenty of interesting nonhumanoid / nonbidepal beings.

...besides, no amount of vicarious elf hand-holding will satisfy me until one of their smugmales gets involved as well.

I liked what the protag said about "simulator jockeys". I like that kind of arrogance - thinking you deserve something more tangible than your peers (I'm a fag, I know).
>>
>>53042093
Is there something on insider on their command structure I have missed? Because so far we have only seen the overall commander of the fleet. Stillstorm has command over the loroi raider fleet, but the individual ships still have captains. I'd suspect it's the same with the umiak. Only difference might be that the umiak's ships never change commanders. like >>53041914 said.
>>
>>53042176
Don't worry, you can trust the Mizol. After all, since she cannot read your mind, you have nothing to fear! Now strap on this chair. The electrodes are purely ceremonial.
>>
Tempo is so fucking beautiful, I'd sell humanity out for a date.
>>
>>53042350
Looks like the blueberries mindfucked another one. Poor bastard.
>>
>>53038002
>500/100 degrees/sec pec 1lb
>1 lb=450 g
Let's assume this is per pound of water since cal is our standard for such things. Fireblade can heat up 450g of water by 500+ degrees in one second.

Let's see. If we take a human dick of cylindrical shape, with proportions taken as, when erect, 15cm length and 3 cm diameter with 70% water composition assuming blood and water have comparable latent heat. Assuming blood accounts for most of its latent heat when erect with a margin of error of a factor of two;
This gives us
V=15*10^-2*3.14*(1.5*10^-2)^2
~15*6.3*2.25*10^-6
~2.25*10^-4 m^3 or about 22.5% of a liter, so about 225g of water. Even accounting for the remaining 30% of the dick needing more joules per Kelvin, Fireblade will cook your dick well done in less time than it take you to scream "that's really hot".

This was brought to you by La Romaine des Eaux, aliments pour chiens.
>>
>>53042556
So this is what frenchmen spend their time doing...
>>
>>53042556
Nerd lol
>>
>>53042589
Hey, this made me think that depending on how draining it is on the user, pyrotechnics of Fireblade's caliber could probably help Loroi scientists or technicians considerably when it comes to creating suitable environments for any given reason. If they can also cool things down, they can probably allow otherwise unattainable overclocking performance in their computers!

Besides, it was that or devising a way to make people understand that proprietary programming languages are inherently untrustworthy.
>>
>>53038002
>>53038142
>hair length is an indicator of seniority
>25 yo Fireblade has a wild mane of hair reaching down to her thighs
>54 yo Tempo has a bun
So does she cut her hair from time to time or do the blueberries have space magic to hold 50 years worth of hair growth in a bun the size of my fist?
>>
>>53042770
I can't handle this thread goddamnit.
>>53042820
What use is an AG field if you can't fold space to fix your hair? Savages.
>>
>>53037945
>outsider updating
What timeline am I living in?
>>
>>53042909
Still the darkest timeline, sorry.
>>
>>53042909
The author ran out of monies and needs to update in order to get more.
>>
>>53038632
>I thought force wasn't homogeneous to mass.

Pounds measure weight (ie force), not mass. Using lbs for mass is the same kind of cheating as using kg for weight.
>>
>>53042938
Even the Jewiest of Jews update more frequently than this guy.
>>
>>53042253
This made me reconsider - even if they're entirely honest in their species by default (fucking elves... they'd have to expend a lot of bueracratic energy keeping grudged-out girls out of send/receive range! or, hopefully, they have a lot of gauntlet throwing with possible mind-slurping at the end of a duel to avoid data loss; consider my fetish for single combat piqued) they'd still need interrogators to deal with machine / swarm intelligence, or assholes over comms. We don't know if the Umiak hierarchy has queens or the like yet, right? I've just gone through the comic but some anons seem to refer to supplemental material.
>>
>>53042820
How would she fit all of that into a helmet? I feel like marines should probably be exempt from the whole hair thing
>>
>>53043025
>La livre est une unité de masse
>The pound (lb) is a unit of mass
>the pound-force (lbf) is a unit of force worth ~4.44N

>>53042676
It's quite impressive, honestly. You need 1.900 kJ to heat up 455 grams (1000 lbs) of water by one degree, and Fireblade can do it in a second when using her full capacity, in other words her pyrokinesis translates roughly to up to 1.9 kW of directed, probably near lossless thermal power. With that kind of thing and training she could technically cripple many sensitive organs (eg eyes) in an instant if she had the precision, or merely boil someone's head in a matter of seconds from cover.
It's not as impressive however as her telekinesis.

>1.5k to 6.5k lbs Telekinesis
>1.5-6.5k lbs=685-2975kg
Assuming this means Fireblade can apply a localized, instantenaous force equivalent to what this much would apply in a gravitational field where g=10.m.s^-2 for ease of calculations, this translates to roughly 7-30kN.

Put another way, she can lift something of up to 3 tons with her mind in standard gravity.

For comparison, a human of 75kg mass in such a gravitational field applies 750N of force to what he's standing on. In other words, Fireblade can apply roughly fourty times the force of being stood upon by a grown man.

This is not that much on whole body scale surfaces, but dangerous on smaller surfaces. Let's illustrate that with an example:

For reference, pressure is force/surface (in Pa using International system units).

If we take a grown man body surface area according to medical statistics: 1.9m^2, and round it to 2m^2;
Fireblade can apply a full body surface pressure of 150kPa. For reference, at a depth of 10 meters (33feet), water applies roughly 6 times more pressure. I assume most of you have swam at least once in your life, and know it's definitely enough to be felt, but not to crush your entire body with a thought.
>>
>>53043562
She probably stores all that energy in her hair.
>>
>>53043681
So it's Saiyan style energy storage.
>>
>tfw i'm the only one in these threads who waifus Stillstorm
Nobody's taste is as good as mine
>>
>>53043562
Oops, that's 15kPa of pressure on a 2m^2 surface area. (about what you feel 1.6m under surface level in water).

On the other hand, if we take a surface of, let's say a 10cm by 10 cm (0.01m^2, so around the surface of a hand, give or take an order of magnitude of two)- then Fireblade can apply 200 times that pressure (3000kPa). In hydrostatic pressure terms, assuming isothermic water, that's what you feel at 300m under surface level.
In bite force terms, 1 pound-force per square inch is 6.894kPa, so that's the equivalent of 3000/6.894=435 psi. For comparison, the grey wolf is around 400 psi, which is enough to crush bones- other big cats are sub 350 psi, but jaws typically apply a force an a much lesser surface.

So Fireblade can psychically slap you with the strength canidaes use to crush bones on the whole surface of your cheek.

Going further, if we now take a ribbon of 1 cm around someone's arm. Health stats say a biceps is on average about 35cm around, so about 35cm^2, that's about a third of the previous surface, now we're looking at 1000k+ psi, with bears sitting at 1.1-1.2kpsi.

So if she's capable of that level of precision, she can snap your arm (or neck. The neck's a lot more sensitive and thinner, but lethal) cleanly like you'd break a kit kat bar.

Naturally we don't know anything about the extend of precision of her capability, but there's also the face that I don't know how GURPS stats work so I have thus far not taken the amplifier headgear into account. We also don't know if she can apply force to things she can't see or inside bodies as internal vitals are far squishier than bones.

tl;dr Fireblade can probably hit you or with a psychic slap strong enough to snap your neck like a chopstick if she can't squeeze your brain out your ears outright.
>>
>>53044105
>Stillstorm
I suppose...of you are into GMILFs
>>
>>53037945
Why do those women have beards
>>
>>53044434
They're elves, of course they have beards.
>>
>>53044434
because you are sill just a padawan in the ways of /tg/
you are a newfag
>>
File: 1447847881138.gif (3MB, 320x230px) Image search: [Google]
1447847881138.gif
3MB, 320x230px
>>53038002
>1,500/6,500 lbs
>in the author's own chart, Fireblade has a 60/260 Strength equivalent telekinesis skill, 20/40 PsychoKinetic Power rating, dealing 6-36/36-216 damage
>10 is average human strength and 10 damage is enough to kill such a human

Jesus H Christ, people want to stick their dick in THAT?
>>
File: 1493649716927[1].png (600KB, 1110x582px) Image search: [Google]
1493649716927[1].png
600KB, 1110x582px
>>53044704
Let's keep it civil.

Plus outsider is /co/-related, therefore love.
>>
File: 1493771141718[1].jpg (171KB, 605x916px) Image search: [Google]
1493771141718[1].jpg
171KB, 605x916px
>>53044947
>>
>>53044980
>the real reason the teidar never speak out loud is that their training affects their physiology and gives them a a baritone voice
>>
>>53044980
What are you doing beryl?
>>
I haven't been into webcomics for years, and I don't trust /co/'s judgement. Is there any other current webcomic that's worth reading?
>>
>>53046396
Unsounded.

Maybe Devil's Candy. I haven't read much of it, but the art is clearly professional tier.
>>
>>53046396
If you're into Scandinavian teenagers and post-apoc stuff, Stand Still Stay Silent is a good read.
>>
>>53046396
Personally I like Erfworld, although only about half the updates are actually in comic format.
>>
>>53047078
That's still going on?
>>
>>53046396
>don't trust /co/ judgment
Why?
Also go read Dead Winter, Ozzie the Vampire, and Stick in the Mud

Also most things on The Hive Work comic site are generally good you /co/ hater
>>
File: x_stillstorm_face08.jpg (88KB, 800x477px) Image search: [Google]
x_stillstorm_face08.jpg
88KB, 800x477px
>>53044230
> best GMILF
>>
>>53047090
Sure, it's got it's own page now. So far there have been two more books and a prequel-story after the first book finished at giantitp.
>>
>>53046396
A Soul to Call, Paranatural
>>
>>53046823
Pretty art, but nothing happens for 90% of the time.
>>
>>53046429
>Unsounded.
Seconded and adding 'Kill Six Billion Demons'
>>
>>53047296
It's not called "Run around and do stuff" now is it?
>>
File: greywind_head4.jpg (55KB, 456x540px) Image search: [Google]
greywind_head4.jpg
55KB, 456x540px
>>53047246
> best GGMILF
>>
>>53044131
GURPS uses average human as standard template. So telekinesis supposedly has the minimum effective surface area around the size of a human fist.

She doesn't have any special senses to see inside bodies or skills for precise manipulation of telekinesis. In fact she is a shitty telekinetic. While her power level is pretty high her skill in using it is amateurish. She is a brute that will have trouble hitting any experienced opponents.
>>
>>53044908
No, 10 is enough to have a 50/50 chance to knockout the human. To certainly kill you need around 50.
>>
>>53047186
They read capeshit, for starters.
>>
>>53041457
Insider.

But we all know you don't have the attention span to read that.
>>
>>53047540
I think she's still precise enough to cave someone's face in.
>>
>>53047579
/a/ reads capeshit as well
>>
>>53047607
In close combat yes. At any range to speak of I wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>53047630
Yeah, stories made with an end in mind. Not pointless decades long soap operas.
>>
File: loroi.jpg (42KB, 331x726px) Image search: [Google]
loroi.jpg
42KB, 331x726px
Just went to the "Loroi Character Design" page and holy shit he have designed so many people that we are 5 years away from seeing
>>
File: 188548.jpg (94KB, 298x403px) Image search: [Google]
188548.jpg
94KB, 298x403px
>>53047769
>5 years
Let's not lie to ourselves, anon.
>>
>>53042556
This is why we have weapons grade autism
>>
File: beyond furious.jpg (71KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
beyond furious.jpg
71KB, 1024x578px
>>53047785
A MAN CAN DREAM!!!
>>
File: 1474852006603.jpg (198KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1474852006603.jpg
198KB, 623x414px
>>53037945
>>
>>53047630
Well, I don't trust /a/ either.
>>
I still wonder to what extent the Loroi copy the Elerians. If they copy them fully, they may turn out to be the more evil of the two- sure, the bugs will kill you and eat your world. That's pretty bad. But in MoO, the Elerians could psychically dominate a world from orbit. That's some mind-rape shit. That's squick. At least if a bug eats me and burns down my house, it has the common courtesy to not go rooting around in my damn head until AFTER I'm dead, and even then just for sweetmeats, as opposed to every embarrassing secret I have.
>>
>>53048055
Fairly certain they can't go that far, otherwise they wouldn't need to physically coerce and slaughter neutral aliens
>>
>>53047579
That's a really idiotic reason not to you pleb
>>
>>53048499
>people liking shit is an idiotic reason not to trust their taste
wew lad
>>
>>53048583
My god, you're no pleb but a elitist hipster. Have fun being an unreasonable dick head.
>>
>>53048762
You need to go back
>>
>>53041618
It's been a year but i don't remember that from the comic, is that something from the forum?
>>
So, is there a game where I can wipe the smug off some blue space elf faces with my fleet of phallic ships? Aside from MoO, that is.

Re-reading this comic put me in the mud for some space 4X.
>>
>>53048994
You need a mod for blue elves but Stellaris works.
>>
>>53049065
But why on earth would he want to play Stellaris?
>>
>>53049065
Look alright at first glance
>Paradox
I'm going to keep looking, thanks.
>>
>>53042820
Isn't it only warriors who do the hair = rank thing?
>>
>>53048985

Yeah, its in the comic. First chapter, when they are on the way to the bridge. Him and Beryl talk about sex and gender dynamics a bit, because he brings up how there are no men on the ship.
>>
>>53047769
So that's only what, three updates tops?
Pretty close to meeting them at that rate.
>>
>>53044131
>not only can she burn your dick inside out, she can also casually crush your balls
thank god they value males in their culture instead of ballslapping people for slapstick fun
>>
>>53044131
Gene-modding humans so that they can use psi abilities seems like a waste of resources in a universe where plasma guns and gauss rifles exist.
>>
File: flavortime.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flavortime.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>53047400
Would it be improper to have sexual thoughts about the empress?
>>
>>53049194
In that case, it doesn't have elves so far. But Endless Space 2's United Empire is sorta a mini-Imperium of Man. Except a bit more reasonable.
>>
>>53048055

Even if they could humanity is immune. Suck on that with your bright blue lips space bitches.
>>
>>53049217
I don't remwmber her offering any arrangements though or talking about humanities constant horniness
>>
File: outsider047.jpg (280KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider047.jpg
280KB, 825x1200px
>>53049372
>>
>>53049369
Loroi detect living things at range, seems to me the most obvious solution for the bugs is to start using drone ships more. Loroi detect 3 "live" ships but they're just the command ships for a fleet of remotely operated ones.
>>
>>53049372

constant horniness never came up. She asked how frequently it was safe for a human male to mate, but he didn't answer the question because they got interrupted by the elevator stopping, and prior to that she asked what the safe period was for a human male to go without sex because apparently if loroi men go without sex for too long its bad for their physical and mental health. Jardin explained that he wouldn't suffer any negative health effect from not getting laid, and she was relieved that they wouldn't have to arrange any accommodations for him.
>>
File: 20170503191223_1.jpg (261KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170503191223_1.jpg
261KB, 1920x1080px
>>53049350
You can make space elves in Stellaris but they're not blue.
>>
>>53049369

> You will never get a blowjob from a blueberry space elf with violet dick sucking lips

Why live?
>>
>>53049411
Thanks a lot, i don't remember this page at all
>>
>>53049464

Aright I call bullshit, those are vulcans, right down to the hair and clothes. How did they get away with that?
>>
>>53049464
Anon said he wasn't going for Stellaris. Trying to think of what else I know of.
>>
>>53049411
why is he looking so grim in the last panel anyway
>>
>>53049464
PCMR, gather some modders with attitude!
>>
>>53049514

Presumably unlike us he isn't enthused by the prospect of the blueberries making accommodations for his sexual needs, and the thought left a bad taste in his mouth.
>>
>>53049514
Because expressions aren't Arioch's strong point.
>>
>>53049539
He doesn't seem the slightest bit traumatized by the death if his coworkers, and i presume he already got some info on biological compatability due using their atmosphere including bacteria, so im not quite sure what to make of that, even though there are multiple reasons in universe to react like that
still, isn't this more than a thinly veiled master of orion 2 magical realm / fapfic?
>>
>>53049564
>total perfectionism and autism
>except where it counts most
>>
>>53049564

I don't know, i think most of the expressions he does convey emotion pretty well. He certainly does them better than some others I can think of.
>>
>>53049647
He's okay with obvious expressions, and he has been getting better, but he really struggles with subtle expressions, which is especially notable in his early comics.
>>
>>53049598

Thing about Trauma is that it tends to manifest itself only after you have an opportunity to unwind and process the information. He's too busy focusing on not fucking up with the Loroi to dedicate processing power to the death of his comrades. That, and he's the sort of asshat who makes a mickey mouse joke when he should be saying a eulogy or paying respect to the souls of the departed, so fuck him he probably doesn't care anyway. Mans messed in the head.
>>
>>53049688
I never noticed the joke.

Man.

What the fuck.
>>
>>53049411
>even lightyears away from home fans expected him to behave as any respectable man should in a 50/50 society
Such a shame with prudes.
Free love for everyone!
>>
>>53039449
It's also a gesture of respect to Jardin. He's in the shittiest of shitty positions, so making things easier is just a good idea in general.
>>
File: x_greywind_figure7.jpg (51KB, 451x707px) Image search: [Google]
x_greywind_figure7.jpg
51KB, 451x707px
>>53049300

>Loroi males and females don't normally pair bond or have any kind of long term relationship. There are well-known tales in which a female became obsessed with a particular male and the two became a sort of couple (friends who also have sex), but these are the kinds of tales in which the main characters usually don't survive to the end.

Don't let her enemies find out.
>>
>>53047636
Isn't she a ship officer? The tight corridors and doorways of ships seem like ideal conditions for telepaths- cover, but easy to locate enemies. It's not like we're talking the 200+ meter engagements of conventional ground combat, psychics are effective withing 25-50 meters.
>>
>>53049832
All they need to do is make nice with one alien for a day or two and they get 6 free planets and a couple dozen free ships to throw into the meat grinder.
>>
>>53049722

How did you miss that? And yeah seriously, what the fuck man. Your comrades are dead and your making a fucking mickey mouse joke about it as their bodies are vaporized.
>>
>>53049927
I dunno'...I just never noticed somehow.

I wish at least one other human had survived, just to have some different perspective.
>>
>>53050025

But then he wouldn't be special and shit.
>>
>>53050025
There was a fan comic where one did. I would not recommend it.
>>
>>53050225

Oh hell, never mention that abomination.
>>
>>53050225
was that the one where she was kidnapped by furries?
>>
>>53050025
>single guy among an entire race of beautiful blue space elves
>MAN IT'D BE GREAT IF THIS WASN'T FETISH BAIT

the entire reason it exists is because it's fetish bait.
>>
>>53050257
yes
>>
>>53050208
>>53050266
An anon can dream.

>>53050225
>>53050255
>>53050257
I think I saw like...three pages of it?
>>
>>53047876
>He had the navy launch his books at my strike cruiser
>>
>>53037994
>14
>>
>>53050459

I didn't read all of it my memory goes something like

>oh a fan comic
>alright it's the chick
>...and she's strung up on the wall
>OH FUCK FURRIES HELL NO

and then I left.
>>
>>53037945
> Males make up only a small percentage of the Loroi population (12%);
> All sexual access to males is restricted by law and must be arranged through various kinds of formal matchmaking;
> All Loroi males are wards of the state as regards sexual access;
> Many professions for males are directly or indirectly tied to their sexual function;
> In some cases, a very influential private group or individual may be able to secure long-term access to the rights to a male;
> Sexual rights to a male can be transferred, and he generally has no say in who he is matched with;
> Males are constantly surrounded by females, even in the "monastic" orders;
> Male children are raised separately from the female children, but the caregivers are mostly female;
> If a female caretaker monopolizes too much of her charge's time and energy, or gets pregnant, this is usually grounds for dismissal;
>>
>>53049927
Glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that.
It wouldn't be hard either, there's already a prayer for those lost at sea, just swap any references of the ocean to the void.
>>
>>53040449
>a bizarre, degenerate fetish
Yeah, humans don't seem to have a problem with fetishes. Depending on how much the Loroi's genetics are still human, the only thing keeping them from being as perverted as us could be their strict social structure.

>>53040504
Even more interesting is that Beryl thinks that equal amounts of male and female humans means that pretty much everyone is 'paired up' with each other (link related: http://well-of-souls.com/gallery/images/outsider047.jpg ). So eventually the Loroi are going to find out that not only can humans fuck any time they want. But they can also fuck anyone they want!
>>
>>53041914
>How do you promote someone in that case?
You don't.
You were born a reactor maintenance technician 2nd class, you'll die a reactor maintenance technician 2nd class. Same thing for the rest of the crew, even the captain. The concept of upward mobility is not a universal concept, even with in human society.
>>
>>53050621

I know right? I can't believe they wouldn't have an established and proper protocol for deaths on the mission.
>>
>>53051577
They wouldn't have to.
They already had an established space force which undoubtedly had it's own traditions and likely borrowed a lot of naval traditions.
It's clear the author is trying and put a lot of effort into this but there's room for improvement. Like for example the Terrans should be going into total war mode and cranking out warships, voidsmen and other such things, why the largest vessel they have is a battlecruiser I can't explain, but I'll blame it on political inefficiency.
>>
>>53051792
humans may not have the industrial capacity to produce larger ships.
>>
>>53051792
>Terrans should be going into total war mode
That's not how the government works and you know it. Nobody's going to be able to justify going on total war economy on the say-so of some refugee aliens. They probably aren't going to go into total war mode until an actual human colony gets attacked.
>>
>>53051970
Then guess what's first on the list of "Shit that needs to be done so we aren't all enslaved and or killed"?
Also the concept of a battlecruiser is essentially the guns and size of a battleship but the armor and speed of a cruiser, basically a cruiser kill and support to a battleship fleet. It makes sense for how things were but situation has changed.
>>
>>53052096
By then it will be too late.
Understandable course of action, but the warhawks ar going to win the next elections and rightfully so.
>>
>>53052096
>>53051792
>>53052123
>>53051970
>>53052144

We cannot hope to fight. That's the whole damn point. We don't have enough planets, enough resources, enough manpower, to fight. It's like saying greenland should go into full scale military production to resist Russia or America, it just doesn't work that way.
>>
>>53052144
Yes, next elections, the ones that happen during the war.

I think Arioch did a decent job of painting a realistic human response to news brought by war refugees. They're getting ready for war, but they're not going to commit 100% until the verify that information and get the lay of the land.
>>
>>53052176
>We don't have enough planets, enough resources, enough manpower, to fight.
Then what do you think we should start doing? It's going to happen, one way or another humans are going to be on the front lines, and we better make damn sure we win.
We're doing the equivalent of Poland and putting tanks on the border, will we win, experience says no, but it must be done.
>>
>>53052189
I hope the political side of things gets bogged down and there's just a military coup to streamline the process.
>>
>>53052232

We do exactly what they did, seek to ally ourselves with the winning power so at least we fall under one of the superpower's aegis of protection.
>>
>>53052326
I still say to hell with them all.
Take the Paraguayan option.
>>
>>53052345

Great way to get our species killed.
>>
>>53052232
What they're doing is trying to get an alliance with one of the two big superpowers, then hopefully get a tech boost that lets them build up industry and then ships.

They're at or near their safe maximum of industry already, and they need something like industrial automation 3 to upgrade, but they have a chance to get IA7 from diplomacy. Plus a lot better ship tech that would let them ships which aren't deathtraps if they actually have to fight. It won't matter how many medium sized ships with lasers and nuclear missiles they pump out when the enemy has class ix shields and plasma cannons.
>>
>>53052371
Only probably.
>>53052378
It's the smart option, but I don't like it one bit, next thing you know Terra is a colony.
>They're at or near their safe maximum of industry already
Such restrictions are inefficent, put a factory where ever it'll fit.
>they need something like industrial automation 3 to upgrade, but they have a chance to get IA7 from diplomacy
No exchange is free and the price is likely not worth it.
>It won't matter how many medium sized ships with lasers and nuclear missiles they pump out
Maybe, maybe it'll be just enough to be not worth it for them.
>>
>>53052469
>Maybe, maybe it'll be just enough to be not worth it for them.
I think you fail to understand how fucked humanity is. The Loroi, the ostensible good guys have raiding fleets that are bigger than the entirety of the human fleet. And they have hundreds of them.

Anything we can even try to do is pissing in the wind. The Loroi have no qualms about bombing us into oblivion if we get too uppity. They've done it once already
>>
>>53052469
You don't seem to understand anon, in this scenario we are basically powerless. We wouldn't be able to take on one of the client races, let alone one of the empires. All we can do is pick the winning side.
>>
File: 1493783192927.jpg (80KB, 766x648px) Image search: [Google]
1493783192927.jpg
80KB, 766x648px
>>53052739
>>53052469
>>53052378
Look at all the breathing room we got.
No, what we do is play the role of nice backwards bumpkins from the backwater, while we rapidly expand coreward. Set up minning and manufactory colonies on worlds, rings and asteroid fields faster than the god damn Loroi War Repopulence effort. Pump everything into fortifying our front (we're god damn luck their both in the same general direction).
>>
>>53052739
>>53052782
We still have the advantage of not being found yet.
The solution is clear, have the scouts report. Recal the scout ships, cut off all contact. And get hyper militaristic, all guns and no butter, and start rolling out the nasty stuff like candy, I mean chemical, radiological and biological, and just throw everything at the first sign of intelligent life but not as we know it. Hunker down and if they still don't show, start expanding, one military station at a time. by the time we bump into them we should be ready.
>>
>>53052878
This guy gets it, and go full xenocide as soon as we can.
>>
We're invisible to their scans right? Sneak on to one of their old battle sites and take a few ships, then reverse engineer that shit.
>>
>>53052941
they know we're invisible to their psi. they are going to come find us ASAP and with everything they can spare. humanity is fucked if we don't choose a side
>>
>>53052891
>chemical, radiological and biological
They're engendered from us so virals should work
>>
>>53052891
It's going to take longer than you think, considering that the Loroi have both the ruins of an empire to examine, and the one of the most technologically advanced races on their side, and we've just barely dipped a toe into interstellar travel, much less warfare
>>
File: page95_cruiser_color.png (2MB, 1520x832px) Image search: [Google]
page95_cruiser_color.png
2MB, 1520x832px
>>53052878
I'm still kinda iffy on the idea that a civilization who's best ships can pull 4-6gs and are about 300m long would offer a noticeable defense against empires that have kilometer long ships that regularly do 30g, have shields, 5x the armor and an actual ecm rating.

That said I do love the Homeworld feel that human ships have.
>>
>>53053348
Not that it would matter much, but the "shields" insetting are only effective at stopping energy blasts, solid mass shots are completely unaffected.
>>
>>53053348
Throw on a yellow paint job and we Tiidani now.
>>
>>53053348
>>53053483
"Kinetic energy and nukes are still kinetic energy and nukes."
Sense we can avoid their "farsight" getting into range were mass drivers and missiles can't be dodged should be easy.
>>
File: HW__Kushan_Capital_Ships_by_MK01.jpg (418KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
HW__Kushan_Capital_Ships_by_MK01.jpg
418KB, 1600x1200px
>>53053483
The only problem that mass drivers and rail guns have in the setting is that every other weapon system's range is measured in light seconds.
If you get hit is will still do massive damage, its just that blasters are more practical.

>>53053348
>>53053508
Arioch is a huge Homeworld fan. He ran(is running) Homeworld Shipyards which was the Homeworld encyclopedia back before wikis were a thing. There is actually an easter egg in the remaster dedicated to Arioch.
http://well-of-souls.com/homeworld/
>>
>>53053348
I think the author himself stated somewhere that if it came down to a fight with the Loroi humanity wouldn't be completely fucked.

If you combine the facts that the Loroi are losing a war and don't have many resources to commit to killing humans, that human ships are practically undetectable at range to the Loroi and that "Kinetic energy and nukes are still kinetic energy and nukes," we probably could manage to put them in a situation where they couldn't afford to fight us, what with our system being out of the way and all.

Of course, no way humanity can stand the full might of the Loroi empire, but the Loroi can't bring their full might to bear against humanity because they're losing a war against the bugs.
>>
From what we've seen, Loroi fight primarily with direct energy weapons, punching through hulls and causing explosive decompression. To counter this we'd need to change up ship design. We would need to remove need of pressurized chambers besides hydroponics and were the crew would be during jumps. Make it basically an armored frame with guns and engines. Crew would need to be in suits when on duty.
Imagine how demoralizing it would be to see your weapons puncture clean through the enemy ship five times, and it just keeps fighting.
>>
>>53053726
I really hope there is something similar to Macross/seed ships going in the background. Because even allying with one of the two powers is very risky for humanity. After all they still can lose.

If humanity put all egs in a single basket things can get really ugly.
>>
>>53038293
Her homeworld is a tropical jungle planet with a canopy so thick that the locals never see the sun, and most endemic lifeforms are bioluminescent.
>>
>>53038900

Because he is like 500 quadrillion on the autistic fuck scale. Like seriously, this guy makes detailed 3D models, meshes them and renders them for the art that appears in single panels.

He has already said in the past that OUTSIDER IS ONLY GOING TO BE MADE HOW HE WANTS TO MAKE IT AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU CAN FUCK RIGHT OFF.

Naturally, his fans were busy furiously masturbating to this attitude while the rest of us were all like: "Wow, if only you weren't a total asspie, you might put out a comic on a regular enough schedule to be worth patreoning or something."
>>
>>53039176

They're pretty much the Clanners from battletech, except as space elves and without the obsession for 1v1 personal combat.
>>
>>53043543

She does the Taylor Hebert thing and gets shot in the back of the head.
>>
>>53054118

We're probably smarter than to gamble everything on aliens we don't even know. I hope.
>>
>>53053682
Arioch. My voice. Is sexier.

>>53049598
He went pretty close to death himself, too; it's a lot to take in, and he has dreams/flashbacks where he sees Helen's mangled ghost.
>>
>>53041467
>Loroi are clanners.

Seyla.
>>
File: fireblade (5).png (303KB, 600x981px) Image search: [Google]
fireblade (5).png
303KB, 600x981px
>>53044908
Yes.
>>
>>53055311
Clan Blueberry
>>
>>53055704
>>53055311

>The clan names I have written in my notes are Orin ("lively"), Nonnir (a hairstyle), Melor ("undead"), Tomis ("mercy"), and Tegal ("important"). These would all be examples of Deinar clans.
>>
Subjugated Population: Delrias
The five Delrias star systems are still under Loroi occupation, and so each is ruled by a Loroi military governor appointed by the Loroi Emperor. After the Second Mannadi War, in recognition of the contributions of the Delrias to the war effort, an act of the Union Assembly granted formal Union citizenship to all Delrias individuals and authorized locally-determined native governments, but this was largely a symbolic gesture. Each Delrias system has its own native government and sends a delegate to the Union Assembly, but these delegates have no votes, and the Delrias local governments are legally subordinate to the Loroi military administration. By tradition, the Loroi officials keep a low profile and leave most local decisions to native authorities, but the Loroi reserve the right to take any action that is deemed necessary, and that includes suppressing native movements for nationalism or independence. Loroi intelligence agents routinely "remove" any Delrias leaders who openly challenge Loroi rule or privately plot against it. As you might expect, the telepathic Loroi are very effective at this.
>>
File: x_delrias1.jpg (40KB, 414x358px) Image search: [Google]
x_delrias1.jpg
40KB, 414x358px
>>53057202

The Delrias are proud, aggressive, and bombastic; to speak to one, you might get the impression that she was not aware that her people had lost a war. Prior to the Loroi war, the Delrias had a clan-based warrior culture in which physical conflict between factions and individuals was common. The quick subjugation of the proud Delrias war machine by the Loroi shook this warrior culture to its core, and a bloody and chaotic civil war followed. However, once the fires were extinguished, the Delrias continued on almost as if the Loroi war had never happened. The clan-based culture of conflict continues, though now through political and business channels instead of overtly military ones. The Delrias still resolve disputes through physical intimidation and sometimes outright violence. The periodic Loroi assassinations of Delrias nationalist leaders might generate more local outrage were it not for the fact that lethal conflicts between individuals and groups are still legal in most Delrias jurisdictions. For the most part, the Delrias seem content to fight amongst themselv
>>
>>53050720
>Depending on how much the Loroi's genetics are still human

0%
They were engineered to look human, but outside of the morphology they have nothing in common with humans and were built from he ground up.
They are not altered humans.
>>
>>53038900
Actually, I seem to remember there was talk that he was going to release the story in text format after he finishes Chapter 2.
So we need to wait just an other 10 years.
>>
>>53054641

I think after he finished this chapter he would put it to poll with his Paterson supporters. So by the time I start collecting pension it can be sped up.
>>
>>53054800
Come on, that happend that one...two...times. And Taylor doesn't have telekinetic powers that could potentielly be used to shield the back of the head. Also. the Loroi culture is (like most cultures) so full of impracticabilities that exposure of the back of the head on soldiers that are rarely used anyway doesn't even appear as a blip on the radar.
>>
>>53054031
>>53052891

That's actually the only sensible way to handle space combat. Anybody that doesn't vent his ship and puts on spacesuits prior to combat is to dumb to live.
>>
>>53051792
The Terrans are leaning into total war mode, but they only learned of this entire alien shitstorm pretty recently, and they didn't even know how vast the Umiak/Loroi fleets were until Jardin saw them firsthand.

It's not a matter of will, it's a matter of time. Prior to this there were no battlecruisers and the like, because they weren't necessary.
>>
>>53052469
>Such restrictions are inefficent, put a factory where ever it'll fit.

There's no real point in keeping everything you have if you turn it to ash in the process.
>>
>>53053666
Loroi use farsight at inter-system ranges. They use typical detection technologies for anything closer.

Also, their particle weapons outrange kinetics by a shit ton. Most of the battles fought in this setting seem to be going on at lightsecond distances.
>>
>>53058127
>their particle weapons outrange kinetics by a shit ton
In real world terms, sure, but kinetics have literally infinite range. As long as they eventually hit something, they'll still do damage, be it now or a billion years and a couple galaxies from now.
>>
>>53058168
Effective range, I guess he should have said.

No railgun is going to hit anything moving fast at lightseconds away. Not unless you have an incredible ability to predict exactly where your target will be a fair bit of time from pulling the trigger.
>>
>>53057202
>>53057213
>An ancient warrior culture, whose distant ancestors once commanded a galactic empire before even the time of the Soia, the Delrias were the first race to attack the Loroi and pay the price for failure. After losing a long series of hard-fought battles in space, the Delrias fell back to their own territory, depending on their strong martial traditions and physical prowess to be able to repel Loroi planetary invasions. However, the Delrias were shocked to learn firsthand of the ruthless effectiveness of the Loroi psionic warfare castes, and each planet fell quickly. Captured more or less intact, they have lived under Loroi occupation for 865 years. Although they are not permitted full autonomy, they remain a distinct cultural unit, and out of respect the Loroi treat them as an honorary member of the Union, permitting them to send delegates to the Assembly and ambassadors to Union functions (even though these delegates have no real authority). Skilled craftsmen, the Delrias contribute quality production infrastructure to the war effort, particularly in the design and production of effective particle beam weapons.

The Delrias weren't a sovereign power that were 'rewarded' for helping the Loroi with subjugation. They were a hostile power that attacked the Loroi, lost, and then were granted more freedoms when they contributed to fighting off another attacker.
>>
>>53053348
That's a nice design.
>>
File: scout6[1].jpg (209KB, 1400x828px) Image search: [Google]
scout6[1].jpg
209KB, 1400x828px
>>53059261
The scouts are cool, too.
>>
File: 1478350083692.gif (3MB, 413x233px) Image search: [Google]
1478350083692.gif
3MB, 413x233px
>>53041457
>their tongues are blue as well
Does it mean they have blue vaganias too?
>>
>>53060222
Of course not, that'd be silly.
They're purple.
>>
File: file.png (649KB, 921x521px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
649KB, 921x521px
>>53060205
MAYBE IF YOU STOPPED BUILDING SHIPS WITH CLEAR CENTRAL WEAK POINTS THEY WOULD STOP BREAKING APART SO EASILY, STUPID HUMAN FUCKS
>>
>>53060252
Anon, your pic clearly shows that it was gutted at its thickest section (engines notwithstanding)
>>
>>53060310
I BLAME STAR TREK DESIGNS REGARDLESS
>>
>>53037945
>Ousider is a sci-fi webcomic whose update schedule can appear on the geological time scale.
Truest fucking statement on /tg/ right now.
>>
>>53060252
To be fair, those were not supposed to engage in combat.

Its a little like complaining that your infantry cant survive anti tank missiles, that was never a consideration
>>
File: 34545213.png (290KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
34545213.png
290KB, 500x366px
>tfw Jardin is on a boat and he'll be there for 888 more standardized years
>>
>>53053130
True, perhaps bullying the lesser powers to death will cut our teeth.
Also the alliances they have are questionable at best.
>>
>inb4 earth has already been conquered by some third unknown force
>>
>>53061026
>the antarans are backing the klackons, which is why they're suddenly doing so well
>small earth fleet built with new tech from elerian-human alliance stumbles upon Orion, some bullshit lets them bypass the guardian.
>HFY doomflleet goes around removing insects

watch, the plot will eventually be something like this.
>>
>>53058079
In a fight for your life you can't risk holding back.
>>
>>53061117
Which is why you generally don't want to get into that situation. If you put yourself in a position where the only hope you have of retaining autonomy over your territories is utterly ruining those territories, you've already lost. Marginally increasingly your chances of fighting back the Umiak by basically just doing what the Umiak would have done to your people and planets anyway is the definition of a fruitless endeavor.

Humanity's decision in this case was the correct one. There's no way they could catch up with the Umiak or the Loroi in the amount of time it would take for them to find mankind's territories, especially since by that time one side would probably have won, gaining massive boons in technology and infrastructure from the conquest of the other.

Opting out now would mean humanity would have to fight an even larger, even more powerful, even more advanced space empire a little later down the line.
>>
>>53061007
>perhaps bullying the lesser powers to death will cut our teeth.

Even the lesser powers we know of are far ahead of humanity at this point.

There is no way this situation can become a Starship Troopers type xenocidal masturbation. Which is good, because those stories are invariably terrible.
>>
Is there a full collection of the bearded elf-girls somewhere?
>>
>>53060205
>>53053348
I like the scout design more...the battle cruiser feels too milquetoast.
>>
>>53053726

Specifically, Human raiding fleets would be a fucking nightmare. Anything that wasn't actually being defended by a Loroi squadron when one showed up somewhere (which would ROFLstomp said humans) is susceptible to a glassing. All of a sudden the concentration of mobile forces as a defensive strategy just doesn't work all that well, and if you disperse the Umiak wreck you in detail.

>huh
>I hope Beryl gets her world rocked before she points that out to somebody
>If I were the Loroi I'd crack Earth like an egg to avoid that problem
>for the love of God Jardin, get over yourself and sex up that space-elf
>it's for the fate of the human race man
>just lie back on think of earth
>they already think you're man-whore just for being male, nothing was going to change that anyway
>>
>>53057484
>Anybody that doesn't vent his ship and puts on spacesuits prior to combat is to dumb to live.
Amen.
>>
>>53061112
>HFY

No no no. I mean fucking "human" eldritch hyperspace lifeform possessed skinwalkers.
>>
>>53061967

I understand that explosive decompression is an issue, and I could see compartmentalizing the spacecraft, but if you vent all your atmosphere then I foresee problems after the battle. How long can the airsupply of those suits last? Enough for the fight sure, enough to get back to friendly space where you can stock up on air for your ship?
>>
>>53062010
Explosive decompression is bad but fire is much worse. Especially fuelled by said decompression.

Air is vented from all critical locations and is gathered in tanks. Tanks are located where nothing serious can be damaged and in case they are damaged explosion will be directed outside.

In case air supply is lost people can just use removable spacesuit tanks plugging them directly into ship oxygen regenerator. It's not very comfortable and you need to always check how much air you have but it is much better than losing half the ship due to fires.
>>
>>53062087

I know not this oxygen regenerator of which you speak.
>>
>>53062142
It's a pretty simple device we can build today. Electricity and CO2 goes in, Oxygen comes out.

Issues today are that they're not particularly efficient, and it;s never been worth it relative to just having lots of bottled O2 in liquid form around the place.
>>
>>53062001
>I mean fucking "human" eldritch hyperspace lifeform possessed skinwalkers.

I believe there are a couple of fanfictions on the forum using that concept.
>>
>>53062455
Frankly if you have on-board fusion reactor you don't care about effectiveness of regenerator.
>>
>>53062669
There's one, and it's garbage.
>>
>>53063108
There are two: Mind Rape (a.k.a. The Pale Horse) and 5th Dimensional Humans (a.k.a. Sufficient Advanced)
>>
>>53063199
The Pale Horse is a 'what if' retelling of the first chapter of the comic.

The premise is simple enough:

The first contact with humanity via Alexander Jardin doesn't happen in 2160 but in 3160 instead. The premise of course goes deeper than that but since I don't want to spoil anything I will just say that this story can be seen as replete with Humanity Fuck Yeah! moments before going with http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... AreCthulhu

Prologue: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23187#p23187
Chapter 1, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23188#p23188
Chapter 1, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23204#p23204
Chapter 1, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23372#p23372
Chapter 2, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23485#p23485
Chapter 2, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23615#p23615
Chapter 2, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23673#p23673
Chapter 3, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23998#p23998
Chapter 3, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=24932#p24932
Chapter 3, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26576#p26576
Chapter 4, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26602#p26602
Chapter 4, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26642#p26642
>>
>>53063556
Sufficiently Advanced

So some of you may recall I recently got into a bit of a discussion with fellow forum-goer dragoongfa about his story The Pale Horse. The content of the discussion is rather irrelevant, but it did get me thinking: what else could you do to make an encounter between a race like the Loroi and a TL16 humanity interesting, without turning the Humans into Q or the Doctor? The question wouldn't go away, so here we are. Hopefully this will kick that pesky bug out and I can go back to my other projects.

Originally this was going to be quite a bit longer, but as I ended the second scene I realized I didn't need any other scenes. I also realized I didn't need the first scene either, so my short story suddenly became quite short indeed.

Part 1 - http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23252#p23252
Part 2 - http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1124&p=23312#p23312
Part 3 - http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1124&p=23322#p23322
Part 4 - http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23352#p23352
>>
>>53063681
Looking forward to the Mirror

Looking forward to the Mirror is a story idea that sprung into my head while reading the Insider a week or so ago. After some hastily written notes during work and plenty of back and forth in my head in regards to the plot I decided to wet my feet again in Fan Fiction writing, if only to have some fun and get myself back into a writing mood since I haven't written anything for the past month or so.

Normally I rate nearly everything I write as 'Mature audiences only', it gives me a lot of wiggle room since I have a knack for violence but I will keep this story PG-13 as much as possible. I will try to keep a weekly schedule for the story and I hope that I will be able to contain it in approx 50.000 words. When it's done I will publish it in PDF format as well and I will also upload it to my deviantart page later.

So without further ado, I present you:

Chapter 1, Part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18213#p18213
Chapter 1, Part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18322#p18322
Chapter 1, Part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18323#p18323
Chapter 2, Part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18392#p18392
Chapter 2, Part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18448#p18448
Chapter 2, Part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18528#p18528
Chapter 3, Part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18578#p18578
Chapter 3, Part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18611#p18611
Chapter 4, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18664#p18664
Chapter 4, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18689#p18689
Chapter 4, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18735#p18735
>>
>>53063731
Chapter 5, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18819#p18819
Chapter 5, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18938#p18938
Chapter 6, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=18978#p18978
Chapter 6, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19059#p19059
Chapter 7, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19080#p19080
Chapter 7, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19103#p19103
Chapter 7, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19197#p19197
Chapter 8, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19254#p19254
Chapter 8, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19322#p19322
Chapter 8, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19427#p19427
Chapter 9, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19455#p19455
Chapter 9, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19509#p19509
Chapter 10, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19543#p19543
Chapter 10, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19625#p19625
Chapter 10, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19702#p19702
Chapter 11, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=19980#p19980
Chapter 11, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20069#p20069
Chapter 11, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20135#p20135
Chapter 12, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20232#p20232
Chapter 12, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20258#p20258
Chapter 12, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20347#p20347
>>
>>53063755
Chapter 13, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20426#p20426
Chapter 13, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20525#p20525
Chapter 13, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20687#p20687
Chapter 14, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20905#p20905
Chapter 14, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21023#p21023
Chapter 14, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21151#p21151
Chapter 15, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21350#p21350
Chapter 15, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21614#p21614
Chapter 15, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21714#p21714
Chapter 16, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21843#p21843
Chapter 16, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22134#p22134
Chapter 16, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22176#p22176
Chapter 17, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22337#p22337
Chapter 17, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22517#p22517
Chapter 18, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22613#p22613
Chapter 18, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22692#p22692
Chapter 18, part 3: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22886#p22886
Chapter 18, part 4: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22896#p22896
Chapter 19, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22950#p22950
Chapter 19, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23064#p23064
Chapter 20, part 1: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23081#p23081
Chapter 20, part 2: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23082#p23082
Epilogue: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=23083#p23083
>>
>>53063774
Omake, Truth, Lies and Broken things: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=24480#p24480
>>
>>53063556
It's bad. It's only, possibly, tolerable if you really have a hardon for precursors, complete and total disrespect by one conversation partner for lengths upon lengths of "now you'll do what I want because I said so", and aren't picky.
>>
>>53063826
How many fanfics are there !?
>>
>>53063972
HFYfags should love it, then.
>>
Lewd Fanfiction (Part 1)

Beryl leaned forward, eyes alight at the chance to glean more knowledge from the beleaguered ambassador.

"So with such even numbers of males and females, how does Humaniti manage its population growth? Do you control who mates, or is it just chaos?"

Alex blinked, unsure of where to even begin.

"Well, it's not chaos per se, we just don't... manage it. Everyone just sort of... um, pairs off into family units."

Instead of placating the Loroi, the answer only stoked her curiosity. "Pair bonding? How does that work?"

Jardin began to sweat. Beryl's eyes were glued to his, and the conversation had drawn the attention of Tempo and Talon as well. Even Fireblade seemed to be listening from her position on the far bulkhead.

"Well..."

Jardin was uncomfortable; he was really, really uncomfortable. This was the exact sort of thing that hack science-fiction authors had been inventing for centuries - the kind of thing he'd actually envisioned when he had dreamed about joining the Scout Corps as a young teen - and now that he was here, it wasn't arousing or amazing in the least.

If anything, it felt more awkward than that time he'd gone to kiss his then-girlfriend as a sophmore in high school, behind the P.E. equipment shed, and unexpectedly found her breast in his hand, her having decided he wasn't moving fast enough for her. The stuff of teenaged dreams, but far more awkward when it happens.

He swallowed, and took a slight breath. Humanity, not Humaniti - I need to correct her sometime, he thought, realizing that just by thinking about her pronunciation, he was attempting to dodge the question. Beryl seemed bright, eager, hopeful - she reminded him almost of a puppy, eager to please - and so, so naive.
>>
>>53064177
>Lewd Fanfiction (Part 2)

Alex finally sat down, letting out a breath. "Okay," he said, putting his hands together, folding them. "Um - first off, you need to understand that this is a general rule of thumb - there's a lot - and I do mean a lot - of other ways that families can exist, and a lot of other ways people, um, mate. There's huge variety just within the culture I come from, let alone across our homeworld, or colonies."

Beryl listened, practically bouncing on the edge of her seat. He suddenly felt keenly aware of how her memory was eidetic - the words he spoke now would be remembered by the cheerful Loroi forever, and passed on. No pressure, Alex. Don't fuck this up. He glanced around; Tempo was listening with unmasked academic curiosity, but Talon's looked decidedly more puerile. He resisted groaning; of course some of them would be like that. Talon (and Beryl, and Spiral) were teenagers, after all. Fireblade had her ear quirked towards him as well, though her expression was impassive. Unless he was exasperating her, she seldom showed her emotions.

"All right," he began. "The, um, the traditional way, in my culture, is that you're expected to find your own mate; if one person likes another in that way, and they're liked in turn, they begin, um, a courtship - uh... Ritual is not correct, it's not formal or anything; they spend time together, get to know one another. Some people find their mates when they're still young, receiving education," he said, thinking back to the abrupt moment when the older girl had hurried him along, "or later, in their workplace," he said. He almost choked, thinking of Ellen, but through herculean effort mastered his emotions, not wishing to be derailed by the perceptive Beryl asking him if her inquiries were making him uncomfortable.
>>
>>53064202
>Lewd Fanfiction (Part 3)

"Some find them at social events, or liesure or sporting activities, or festivals - ah... Like I said, it's up to you. There's no orderly way to do it, in general," he said, refraining from adding his commentary on the social phenomena of arranged marriages. "Sometimes your friends, family, or coworkers will try to arrange for you to meet someone they think is right for you - it's, uh, it's complicated. Unordered."

He heard a slightly snort from the aft bulkhead, and turned his head, looking at Fireblade. "Something on your mind," he asked. He injected a little acid into his tone of voice, because she'd twig to him being grateful for the distraction if he didn't at least appear slightly adversarial to her, but in truth he was glad for the interruption.

"Fireblade is wondering how something as important can be left up to chance; whether those who fail to find a mate are somehow considered unworthy, or left in ignominy," Tempo spoke for the mute warrior. Alex took a breath, and sighed.

"That is a complicated question. Yes, some people fail to find a mate despite wishing to. Some people do mock them for it," he said, with a moment of self-recrimination, remembering how he had joined some other boys in teasing the nerd who had somehow summoned the courage to ask the cheerleading squad leader to a dance, and been humiliatingly, publicly rejected. It was hard to imagine that was less than five years ago. "But that's generally considered to be extremely rude. Others simply aren't interested, or..." He shrugged. "As I said, there's a lot of variations of ways that it can go."
>>
>>53064177
Dude. Put that on a pastebin. I mean, okay I'm a crossboarder, but I'm pretty sure that's not the correct place.
>>
>>53064230
>>53064202
>>53064177

come on you mother fucker, you can't label it "lewd fanfiction" and then stop while he's still bumbling his way through trying to explain courtship. Keep going, this seems pretty interesting and decently well written. I admit I don't care to much for how inept Jardin is coming off as, but it's still well written and makes sense. Please don't leave me hanging, I need satisfaction.
>>
>>53064242
>>53064375

Outsider - Lewd Fanfiction

https://pastebin.com/6suxJmNp
https://pastebin.com/vGsQsLmx
https://pastebin.com/XfRipskZ
>>
>>53064472

There an order to these? The third continues the one you have here in the thread, but it's incomplete. You trolling m8?
>>
>>53064564
Some guys were wrinting bits of fanfics in this tread: http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2242
I just put them in (relative) order.

The first one is in Tempo office, the second is in the hangar, the third is in the shuttle.
>>
>>53064636

Ah, you weren't the writer. I see. I'm guessing they never finished it did they? Damn.
>>
Holy shit it updated. Anyone know a reliable necromancer or voodoo priest? I'll have to inform the spirits of the ancestors that their favorite webcomic has updated.
>>
>>53064666
Don't. At first they're happy, but as the months drag on and it doesn't update again they'll start hating you. Dealing with all the curses they cast at you is a pain.
>>
>>53037945
Fuck you. For a secound I thought there would have been a new page
>>
>>53046396
Vattu and Kill SIx Billion Demons
>>
>>53054641
He has a real job, he doesn't need to do web 3.0 "replace the middle class with poor people with side jobs" shit.
>>
>>53064777
>two pages in two days
Anon, you know the probablilities. You'd sooner get hit by a meteorite and lightning at the same time.
>>
File: 1461970377791.jpg (80KB, 384x505px) Image search: [Google]
1461970377791.jpg
80KB, 384x505px
>>53064968
Wait, this is a new page? It's been so long I don't remember correctly anymore. If so then I take everything back. This is awesome then
>>
Well, it has been a nice thread(s); surprisingly lively for such obscure material. I hope some people discovered and enjoyed the comic.
See you next year.
>>
>>53065431
>at least one reader will die of old age before the next page is released

george rr martin has nothing on this guy
>>
>>53063973
Outsider itself is a fanfic of Master of Orion 2. Makes sense that people would latch onto it and make their own Master of Orion'ish fanfics.
>>
>>53065469

The running joke is that the comic will conlcude at about the time that Real Life humanity has conquered the Loroi
>>
>>53065739
Why conquer when you can seduce?
>>
So what do you all think is allowing the Umaik to hide from the Loroi farseers? I'm starting to think it's loroi breed in captivity from pows or something.
>>
>>53066665
We don't know enough about telepathy. At least I don't. It'd be developping radar jammers without Maxwell's.
>>
>>53066702
Neither do the Loroi, though. Arioch explicitly said that he didn't want it to be something that was really solved or well understood. The Loroi can -use- it, and make devices that work in conjunction with it like Far Seer and Unsheafed amplifiers, but that sort of innovation isn't really a thing.
>>
>>53066665
Potentially it's humans having a dampner effect on them.
>>
>>53066899
Very unlikely. The bugs are aware that they're hidden, so they're hiding on purpose, and I doubt they managed to harvest humans to stick them on every ship.
>>
>>53066762
Yes. That's why there's nothing on insider.
Or if they do know about it, it's classified to all hell. That's also a possibility.
>>
>>53066490
>implying its not the same.
>>
>>53061452
>i have never actually read starship troopers
>>
Just like any other scifi story, the obvious question must be asked.
What would Picard do?
>>
>>53067597
I think in this case "What would Kirk do?" applies better.
>>
>>53067597
The right thing.
>>53067670
The sexy thing.
>>
>>53037945
>>53037994
>>53038002
>>53038142
So this thread was an excuse to try to convince people GURPS is not shit?

Gotta hand it to you oldfats, you're getting clever-ish.
>>
>>53064472
The third one needs to be continued
>>
>>53067670
Nah, that one was to obvious and simple
>>
>>53068357
Fucking newfags
reeeeeeee

Seriously though, read the comic.
It'll only take like half an hour.
>>
>>53068724
Doesn't make it less effective
>>
>>53067483
>neither have I, but I heard it supports stuff I like so I'll defend it

It's not actually a good book.

And yes, it's highly masturbatory.
>>
>>53069483
>It's not actually a good book.
>And yes, it's highly masturbatory.

>Promoting the idea that people need to take up actual responsibilities in exchange for all the free shit they keep demanding.
>masturbatory

You need to stop listening to your 4th gendered helicopterkin sociology teacher and actually grow up.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.