[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unknown Armies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4530.png (437KB, 486x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4530.png
437KB, 486x300px
Unknown Armies thread!

Question for the day: how would you fit

>grey aliens
>Bigfoot
>the Loch Ness monster

Into the weird, symbolic, humanocentric cosmos?
>>
In order :
>Cheating immortala who survived a universal remaking. Well most of them anyway. They use Magiq a toolbased kind of magick from.their native world that works incredibly well because their entire existence is backing it, despite that existence no longer existing.

>godwalker of The Outsider

>A log hyped up by a cabal of cryptid/legend focused... cliomancers or whatever the history based magic was - who try to produce their own historical events around urban legends.
>>
>>53037947
For the greys my best guess is some kind of Revenant. Probably of people who were obsessed with the supernatural, taking any reasonable idea or normal situation and painstakingly deconstructing it looking for some shred of "evidence" that "the truth is out there". Ironically, they now take the shape of aliens deconstructing objects, farm animals and humans looking for something inexplicable.

The flying saucers and greys are just manifestations of the demon, they're not actually real and can't be seen by large groups of people. Like all Revenants, they can cause Unnatural Phenomena, explaining all the incidents of "Missing Time", floating objects, spontaneous combustion or disjointed memories of anal probings involved.
>>
>>53038519
That feels like cheating, somehow
>>
>>53039783
Think of it like a pearl formed gradually around a grain of sand. A gradual irritation of human apophenia pushing ceaselessly at the fabric of the cosmos. In most cases (as with the formation of a pearl) this does nothing, but with certain, deluded and obsessive types the pressure is too much to ignore.

So the universe gives a little, nothing big. Maybe a cow gets torn up. Some crops get pushed down. Lights in the sky.

Only this doesn't relieve the pressure, with reinforcement it only mounts. Obsessives reach out to one another, form cliques. Even the public perception of UFO nuts as crazies keeps the notion accessible to people on the edge. Gradually, like an embolism, that grain of sand grows into a shiny, glossy tear in our reality. Actual grays, abducting and mutilating people on nothing more than the accretion of belief.

So take this pistol, go into that trailer and shoot everyone inside, because if you don't this thing is going to spread.
>>
>>53037808
Bigfoot has a social security number.
>>
>grey aliens
People who watched WAY too much old sci-fi flicks until it changed them.
>Bigfoot
>>53041002
And it's very low one. Social Security system is older than you think. The "Social" part is relatively new though.
>the Loch Ness monster
The lake wants you to fuck off.
>>
>>53041075
Maybe just those conspiracy theories instead of scifi in general. I feels like it opens up more plot.
>>
>>53037808

Does anyone just not like the 3e fluff as much? It feels so sparse compared to 2e. I mean, identities are a great addition, and GNOMON is cool as hell, bu that's pretty much all I really get out of 3e as compared to 2e.
>>
>>53041821

Did you not read book 2? Best antagonists are in 2, best random ideas are in 3.
>>
>>53037808
Is anyone willing to share pdf?
>>
>>53037808
The aliens could be servants of a Room of Renunciation. Kidnapping people and bringing them back with a different personality is very in character.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.