[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just realized that my last three characters have had varying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: freud.jpg (3KB, 107x118px) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
3KB, 107x118px
Just realized that my last three characters have had varying degrees of daddy issues and just wants to prove that they are not useless. Does that mean I have daddy issues? Or am i just unoriginal? Could Roleplaying and character creation be used as a way to analyse people?
>>
>>53037136
>Could Roleplaying and character creation be used as a way to analyse people?
No
>>
>>53037136
It is used for that.

But usually you'd need a lot more information than you've provided.
>>
>>53037136
Yes.
>>
>>53037136
I'd say yes. But you gotta have more knowledge in psy to analyse beyond "that guy is a jerk, and this one isn't"
>>
>>53037136
Go home, Aaron.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (32KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
32KB, 560x407px
>>53037136
Well, all my characters are depressive alcoholics, and I just came back from the doctor with an enlarged liver. Now I'm not saying you're me, but we do tend to put traits from ourselves into our characters, and it seems only logical such traits would be repeated among different characters.
>>
>>53037136
I don't know, how about you actually tell us about your father and your relationship with him?
>>
Maybe you're just lazy.

Null hypothesis: maybe you just like saying "daddy."
>>
My gf psychoanalysed all my players the first time she watched us play
>friend 1
Good friend who genuinely wants to play
>friend 2
Feels the need to compete with me and challenges my DMing because of it
>friend 2's gf
Far more competent that she lets on and far more submissive than she needs to be
>friend 3
Pure autist
>>
3 of my characters are manipulative ambitious assholes with a "nice guy" front.
>>
>>53037136
Yes and no.
You could find that the daddy issue character is easy to play for whatever reason.
You could also have daddy issues.
And yes you can use role playing to psychoanalyze, but you need more info and more in depth role playing then RPG games give. As in, there are certain aspects in an RPG that make it an undesirable media for therapeutic role playing.
>>
>>53038680
It's Ok I'd say, but he's not that great at showing pride, approval or any other kind of emotion so it's hard to know what he thinks
>>
>Does that mean I have daddy issues?
Maybe?
>Or am i just unoriginal?
Maybe?
Yes, but only by professionals. Read an article yesterday about psychologists and therapists using D&D as a therapy for teens with problems.
>>
>>53037136
>Just realized that my last three characters have had varying degrees of daddy issues and just wants to prove that they are not useless. Does that mean I have daddy issues?
You probably do, by the sheer goods chances of having so. No parent is perfect, some events take a toll on a young one's mind even if they weren't meant to, and we still are struggling around the power of false memory-making the human mind possess.

That said, me and my GM are both psychologists. After a two-year long campaign based on dealing with the character's jungian shadows and which I co-authored, we came to realize ways in which the PCs reflected their players. They weren't aware of it, it wasn't anything really amazing and it only was clear if one knew them already. At the same time, it was too specific and powerful to be mere coincidence. I remember one of them making a stoic and abstinent character that seemed to reflect himself and his father's drunkeness.

Yes and no. Psychoanalysis doesn't use roleplaying, but I can't say to be up to date on all of it. Even some psychoanalysts diss out Freud like everyone else, because the model itself has been reworked and updated since then, with variants and techniques. For example, there is psychoanalytic therapy, which are regular psychology sessions using the freudian and neo-freudian concepts as a theoretical basis. I have that.

Social psychology and group therapy use a lot of roleplaying to help people about issues they can't quite face directly, or to expose the contrasts between one's idea of a person and how the latter actually is.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.