[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I use to run pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: warframe.jpg (138KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
warframe.jpg
138KB, 1280x600px
What can I use to run pic related?
>>
If you're not being retarded, Mutants and Masterminds.

If you are, GURPS.
>>
In my eyes there are two main approaches, based on your preferred themes in the game. This is assuming you're okay with reinterpreting the game and focusing on the setting, rather than trying to emulate gameplay details.

If you want high flying space badasses kicking ass and taking names, go for an action combat system like Legends of the Wulin or Anima: Beyond Fantasy. You're ninja in the style of ninja action movies.

If, on the other hand, you want to focus on more traditional ninja, planning a heist, using your abilities to infiltrate, complete the objective and leave without a trace, something more along the lines of Shadowrun could be appropriate.

Either way, it's a lot of work to adapt it, and god help you if you want to create a satisfying blend of the two. No fucking idea how you make that one work.
>>
>>53033949
Thanks

>>53033964
No worries. I'm just trying to run a game about magical flipping space ninjas with superpowers.
>>
>>53033997

In that case, pick your favourite combat system and be okay with homebrew and refluffing.
>>
>>53034021
I'd like to point out that said system should be able to deal with the PCs chewing through hordes of enemies. As such, Legends of the Wulin probably won't work since it's so focused on 1v1 fights.
>>
>>53034958

LotW can work fine with its minion and lesser legend rules. LotW is arguably at its best in duels but it can also do all vs one boss fights great and mixed combats or progressions through zones of LL, minions or lesser Xia works fine.
>>
If my system were in a stage I was happy about sending out, I'd hook you up - it would be relatively easy to do. Unfortunately it's a lot of system and very little explanation of how to use that system at present.
>>
>>53033937

Didn't some fat guys home-brew a WF system?
>>
File: VeloCITY 131.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
VeloCITY 131.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>53035169
There was one or two guys who crowbarred VeloCITY, another /tg/ homebrew, to work with Warframe.
>>
>>53035211
In fact, these were the anon's exact notes on how he did it with a slightly older version of the system.

>Assuming you mean how we used the system. Blue Sky was also skeptical when I said the system worked pretty much as-is.

>The stats pretty much cover everything a Tenno would need, except for computers and hacking. We ended up rolling it into Acumen, because as it's presented by the game it's a rapid-paced puzzle, and we weren't sure much how to use it otherwise. Still not sure about the validity of that from a balance/design point of view.

>For Movement and stuff like that, rather than giving Tenno ridiculous numbers and risk breaking the system, we gave everyone else really low numbers, and just accepted in our mental pictures that the scale was simply different.

>Finally, where guns are concerned, on page 61 it says:
>>(except for guns and the like – those attacks not influenced directly by stats will have a flat result value attached to them instead of a stat to roll)
>Sooo we just statted out the guns everyone built against a baseline damage (which we typically gave to the enemies). And then as it says in Equipment you just give them Perks and Penalties, like a machine gun having really low damage but every consecutive round it ramps up significantly.
>>
>>53033937
Actual gameplay?
I am unsure there is any TRPG that has to do with farming. But it must be slow and tedious as possible and as they players develop their abilities they should also get hit with penalties to simulate the Developers nerfing everything.

Style?
I kinda want to say something like eclipse phase, sans all the non-combat stuff. You would want something run-and gun like and also great deals of going fast.
>>
>>53035029
I'd have to agree that LotW is fine when using minions, but only just "fine". If I were using LotW for a Warframe game boss fights would definitely be more regular, particularly against other Tenno.
>>
Strike!, everybody is the Thief class with the Mobility feat (except that one special snowflake who wants to be unique).
>>
>>53033937
Just about any PC or laptop from the last few years
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.