[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right, so all these boobplates and chainmail bikinis and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 42

File: t3_16uj1p.jpg (166KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
t3_16uj1p.jpg
166KB, 600x768px
All right, so all these boobplates and chainmail bikinis and revealing leather look really hot and get your sweaty neckbeard dicks hard, but why would any woman actually wear them?
>>
>>53025637
That is simple. They wouldn't.
>>
>>53025637

Women dress like skimpy whores in public anyway so why not?
>>
>>53025637
Yeah. They do it in real life all the time.
>>
>>53025637
You'd be surprised how real female players make their characters. Just like guys want to be big, muscled, handsome heroes, girls want to be sexy, curvaceous, heroines. Strange but true.
>>
>>53025637
Bikini of protection. The AC value is the equivalent of the heavy plate the others are wearing, obviously, yet far more comfortable.
>>
File: i beg of you my african.jpg (4KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
i beg of you my african.jpg
4KB, 192x192px
>>
I hate these threads. Literally nobody defends literal chainmail bikinis as legitimate armor. You're arguing against a group of people that simply do not exist.

Either their bikinis are magical and thus superior to fullplate, or they wouldn't wear them. Simple as that.
>>
I thought neckbeards are REEEEEE-ing at them for not being realistic enough.
>>
>>53025772
>Either their bikinis are magical and thus superior to fullplate

Then the question changes: why wear magical chainmail bikini instead of magical fullplate?
>>
The answer is easy, it's the same as: would you wear a chainmail jockstrap.
>>
>>53025793
Maybe they're both equivalent, and the character in question thinks the bikini is more comfortable, or that part of their character is to try and look sexy while they kill people. Armor throughout the ages has contained decorations that dramatically reduce its effectiveness just because people thought it looked better, it's even well possible that some people who preferred the chainmail bikini look would compromise their defense for their look. Though an optimizing player would pretty much always pick the full plate, so long as it was actually superior and not merely equivalent.
>>
>>53025637
to get my sweat dick hard
>>
File: Bulletproof Nudity.png (29KB, 360x275px) Image search: [Google]
Bulletproof Nudity.png
29KB, 360x275px
Once again GURPS has you covered.
>>
>>53025864
If I wasn't me and was a rugged, muscled, good looking fantasy character, sure.
>>
>>53025637

If we're going that route women would most likely not even be on the battlefield in the first place, so why bother with armor at all?
>>
>>53025655
>>53025655

fpbp
>>
>>53025945
>Once again GURPS adds extra unnecessary rules to a thing that didn't need them
>>
>>53025637
You would be able to answer this question yourself if you ever spent any time around women
>>
>>53025637

Because they find it appealing or wish to convey something in appearance, combined with the fact that they live in a setting where, for whatever reason, doing so does not significantly decrease their chances of survival.
>>
>>53025970
Then there you go. You may die but you will look hella good while doing it.
>>
>>53025990
>I wanna play a silly action campaign with hot assassin babes
Good thing gurps has me covered
>>
>>53025772

/thread
>>
File: Conan.jpg (79KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Conan.jpg
79KB, 400x600px
Better question. Why do women wear bikinis at the beach instead of going full burkhini? How come they wear dresses with windows that lead to their cleavage, or short skirts when they could just wear full on burkas? It's almost as if some women aren't ashamed of their bodies. It's almost as if some women are the complete opposite of ashamed of their bodies, and in fact, proud.

Pic related. It's a person who you never would have thought to question why they're not wearing more clothes, because as much as you hate to admit it, the reason you're asking this question isn't coming from a forward thinking place, but rather, a very backwards one.
>>
>>53026055
You could have done that anyway, if an arbitrary +1 on your stats was stopping you doing it you probably weren't gonna do it anyway.

Plus if everything in the setting is going to be half-naked then you might as well say all the bonuses cancel out and call it a day.
>>
Not only would they, the female players I've had deliberately went out of their way to do so. It's a fantasy, wanting to look and feel sexy.
>>
>>53026076
Actually, I regularly wondered why he wasn't wearing more in the films. All the places he went to looked cold as fuck.
>>
>>53025793

Because the character is a narcissist? They wield magic protective armor against all threats and possible wields earth shattering magic, you must be fucking boring to play with.
>>
>>53026076

Conan or your average bikini chainmail chick aren't exactly realistic, but that's not the point.

The point is that while Conan could've used more of a cuirass (or, hell, a jacket, as >>53026257 is saying)... he's still pretty damn comfortable. His clothing or lack of isn't impeding his movements.

Your average token fanservice girl is in fucking heels.

Make her nude, if anything.
>>
>>53025793
Assuming they're both equal AC, maybe they're playing a swamp/desert/sea campaign and the DM likes trying to overheat everyone?
>>
>>53025637
>>53025660
^this

It's the most realistic thing that would happen in a world where adventure/dungeon-crawling is common place.

Attractive looking armor/gear will be crafted and bought since we're a social species. Who cares if a girl/guy can defeat a werewolf with sword if they don't look good while doing it.
>>
>>53026772

Soldiers don't usually shoot peple in full formal dress, tough.
>>
>platemail bikini with wristguards
>14 AC
>no strength minimum
>full dex bonus
>no casting limitations
>no stealth disadvantage

Actually sounds a little OP for like a rogue if you want to dip into fighter
>>
>>53025637
Female knights would have eventually devolved into bikini knights anyway.

You cant stop them from being sluts.
>>
>>53026701
>Your average token fanservice girl is in fucking heels.

So you're fine with chainkinis as long as they're in flats?
>>
Actual answer: because the game, on a scale of Oregon Trail to Xena, is Xena.

>>53026136
Gurps is 3d6 roll under your stat, so a +1 in the right place can actually make a big difference. Also, if I remember right, an average character's baseline defense that works on everything (bullets included) is something like an 8, so going from an 8 to a 10 would actually be a huge deal, taking you from "probably not happening" to "about a coin flip."
>>
>>53026897
>>53026897

No, they're bullshit. I was just enfatasing the most bullshit part.

Just underwear (or pants) and no bra would make way more sense, in comparision.
>>
>>53025776
Everyone is a neckbeard so neckbeards can have very diverse opinions as a group
>>
>>53026897
Not that guy, but yes. I can take a girl being so tough that a chainmail bikini is all she needs for protection, but god damn you if you try and adventure in high heels.
>>
File: 145684765906.gif (2MB, 398x224px) Image search: [Google]
145684765906.gif
2MB, 398x224px
>>53025637
>Artist depicts two women in full body covering, with covered hair, discussing how women who expose their bodies should be put to death on principle

Sure is Islam in here....
>>
>>53026257
>Actually, I regularly wondered why he wasn't wearing more in the films. All the places he went to looked cold as fuck.
Conan regularly wanders around icy wastes in nothing but a loincloth, some boots, and a cloak made from some unfortunate denizen of said icy wastes.
>>
>>53026868

But they did you fucking retard.
>>
>>53026868
They used to.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iw_RD_h6bc&t
>>
>>53025637
Because AC from armor stops mattering at high levels. Everything either hits touch or your saves.
>>
File: Resist Cold.png (654KB, 1133x581px) Image search: [Google]
Resist Cold.png
654KB, 1133x581px
>>53026257
>All the places he went to looked cold as fuck.

Muscle generates heat, only DYELs feel the cold.
>>
>>53027097

In Japan they had the fucking dungeon miniskirt that honestly was perhaps even stupider.

I mean, jesus, I can see why Pirotess would like being sexy everywhere, but come on.

>>53027158

No, they didn't.

>>53027127

Not of his choice tough. Conan usually begins his stories in some deep shit.
>>
>>53026994
Doing sports with no bra is hell for women with big breasts
>>
File: 14568659654.jpg (139KB, 800x579px) Image search: [Google]
14568659654.jpg
139KB, 800x579px
>>53027221
>No, they didn't.
>>
File: 800-875s.jpg (17KB, 315x472px) Image search: [Google]
800-875s.jpg
17KB, 315x472px
>>53027228

You do realize that triangular bikinis aren't at all like sport bras, right?
>>
>>53025990
>O
>P
>T
>I
>O
>N
>A
>L
>>
>>53027288

Exactly. That's not napoleonic age formal wear at all.

You could've at least tried and choose officiers.
>>
>>53025637
Gotta love how the ones on the right are just as much the stuff of fantasy and fiction as the ones on the left.

Stay rekt tumblrcucks.
>>
>>53027350
>just as much the stuff of fantasy and fiction

Maybe slightly less in that they're at least dressed appropriately.
>>
>>53025637
women would never actually wear heavy armor to a fight, because women were never fucking knights. they weren't even footsoldiers. the only two things a woman did in an army was cooking and fucking.
>>
Because they think it looks cool? Fun?

I had a character who wore a ballroom dress under her armour, a character who wore what ammounted to a giant safety cone, a character who whipped his shirt off whenever shit got serious, a character who wore only a thong and those big scale like arm-guards you see on gladiators, a skeleton who wore a larger skeleton as armour.

Thinking about why someone would do it in real life is stupid for most games, but I can think of a few. Ego would probably be the main reason. Supreme confidence. Another might be that they aren't proficient at moving in real armour. Maybe it's just fashionable.
>>
>>53027367
appropriately for riding a horse into battle, not for dungeoncrawling
>>
>>53025772
>Literally nobody defends literal chainmail bikinis as legitimate armor.
You haven't been on the Internet long.
>>
File: he-man.jpg (1MB, 1560x2099px) Image search: [Google]
he-man.jpg
1MB, 1560x2099px
>>53025637
A thin sheet of metal might help when you're fighting goblins but it's dead weight by the time you're wrestling dragons.
>>
>>53025637

Women are too weak to wear the armour on the right. Even expecting them to fight with bows and shortswords in light clothing eliminates about 75% of them

Protip: the men in the show Vikings use steel replica swords, the women all have to use rubber prop swords just to be able to do multiple takes. Many of them are athletes, one is an mma fighter. Still too weak to swing a real sword all day.

"History" channel
>>
>>53027343
It's a dress uniform you sperg
>>
Pretty simple really: they'd be for the bodyguards of people who either don't really care about functionality all that much and just want to make their guards look cool OR they're playing 5 dimensional chess and the stupid outfits are meant to lull potential assassins into a false sense of security so they won't expect them to be able to resist well because they think they're just for decoration.

Also the celts fought with literally no clothes at all, and that really happened (allegedly).
>>
>>53027445

Can you site references for that? Please? I would really like to have a reference for that.
>>
>>53025776
If we're going to talk about "realism" then the female warriors on the right in OP's image aren't any more realistic then the one on the left, hows about we just leave realism aside and admit we're all playing silly games of pretend, okay? Unless you're into realism of course, but don't act like it's required.
>>
File: Seriziat.jpg (114KB, 800x1101px) Image search: [Google]
Seriziat.jpg
114KB, 800x1101px
>>53027350

To be fair that armor would be fine 1500s armor if not for some bizzarre curve at the waist ot the left one.

>>53027389

You know what else didn't happen?

People killing dragons in dungeons.

>>53027459

Why do you enjoy failure, anon? It's a field uniform.

Pic related, that's a riding dress for gentlemen, not even formal. The differences are pretty damn explicit.
>>
>>53025670
could be real
>>
>>53027445
>Women are too weak to wear the armour on the right.

Armor on the right was far less clumsy and cumbesome than people think it was.
>>
>>53025990
>didn't need them
Have you forgotten the OP already? OP asked for a reason, GURPs provided him with one. It's a silly one, okay, but so are chainmail bikinis.
>>
>>53027445
>Women are too weak to wear the armour on the right

So are you, you fat slob.
>>
>>53027489

Apparently that's not really true if you're thinking Julius Caesar's celts, but they used leather armour.
>>
So you allow women to play the same games of fantasy and pretend as men, but you still want to dictate how they dress up?

For shame, OP.
>>
>>53027569
Not really.

The -4 strength nonsense was proven to be only a -1 strength penalty according to the rules as written for encumbrance.
>>
>>53026136
God forbid game mechanics should have some sort of relation to what the tone of the setting is.

>Plus if everything in the setting is going to be half-naked then you might as well say all the bonuses cancel out and call it a day.
But what if you're not half naked all the time, what if one of the party members disguises herself as a nun in full habit to infiltrate some evil cult and then WHAM whips it off to dramatically reveal her chainmail bikini outfit like they would in the sort of stupid cheesy action fantasy movies you're trying to emulate. In GURPS that would have an actual mechanical purpose!
>>
>>53027647
*whips it off before combat
>>
>>53027595
Ooo struck a nerve
>>
File: IMG_2453.jpg (114KB, 1680x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2453.jpg
114KB, 1680x720px
Sincerely guys and gals we've had this same exact argument for years now.
>>
>>53027028
>They're not realistic REEEE!
>You're taking away my fapbait? REEEE!

An extremely diverse group.
>>
>>53027711
Yes, that is what happens when you make generalizations based on your singular opinion.
>>
File: plate bikini male edition.jpg (112KB, 500x691px) Image search: [Google]
plate bikini male edition.jpg
112KB, 500x691px
>>
>>53027733
The headdress is a bit much but fix the dickplate and that would look rad
>>
>>53027616
Hence why I added allegedly, just disregard that sentence then.
>>
>>53027445

Gonna need some evidence to support that claim anon.
>>
>>53027616

>Apparently that's not really true if you're thinking Julius Caesar's celts, but they used leather armor.

You're correct in that "the Celts" is a meaningless categorizations since it describes peoples inhabiting regions from Ireland to Anatolia, across multiple time periods. BUT, the Celts of Julius Ceasar's time (Gauls, specifically) did not wear leather armor, or at least not in any significant quantity. Those who could afford metal armor wore metal body armor, and the majority unarmored, save for a shield. Some DID fight naked, as per the customs of specific warrior cults.
>>
>>53026701
Heels are cumbersome is a meme. Women and trannies dance salsa and merengue in 6" heels and that shit takes more dexterity than shanking a thug.
>>
>>53027490
Here you go
>Gross measures of body strength suggest that women are approximately 50-60% as strong as men in the upper body, and 60-70% as strong in the lower body.[37] One study of muscle strength in the elbows and knees—in 45 and older males and females—found the strength of females to range from 42 to 63% of male strength.[38]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_differences_in_human_physiology#Muscle_mass_and_strength

At the very least they'd have to redesign the armour, you couldn't just stick a set of armour designed for fit, well-trained male knights and expect them to be able to move. There's a reason why they split the men and women's divisions in sports, when men get strong they get REALLY strong.
>>
>>53027863
*just stick her in a set of armour
>>
>>53027821

I'm no expert, but I tought historians now mostly think it was pretty much romans' bullshit.

>>53027833

Women soldiers, athletes or hikers, don't. Bizzarre, eh? It's like that when aesthitcal performance isn't really the matter they prefer not!

Why not ask a girl you know, if she thinks heels don't matter?
>>
>>53027922
Soldiers and athletes are pussies that have to be coddled to perform, specially female ones.
Old ass cowboys with more whiskey than calcium on their bones hike the south-western canyons and north-western mountains wearing heeled boots.

"realism". is unreal.
>>
>>53027863

No no, I already know about sexual dymorphism. I'm aware that men are stronger than women, anyone who argues against that is just huffing paint, I was hoping specifically for reference to where you learned about the different props they used.
>>
>>53028102
Oh please of course that part's just rumored bullshit.
>>
>>53028102
Not the same guy, I'd like to hear the source for that as well actually.
>>
>>53027997

If you're retarded, I guess it is.
>>
>>53028110

Well fuck you then.

>>53027997

I wear cowboy boots, raised heel and all, and they are pretty different from high heels. They are wider and shorter.
>>
>>53027997
I'm not sure why you need to be reminded of the difference between bootheels and high heels, but cowboy boots have much lower heels than most high-heeled shoes.
>>
>>53026076
In the original books he always webt with chainmail and the usual clothes of the region he was in. Bad argument anon. He also was a skillful thief and quite stealthy when he wanted. He was a muscled rogue barbarian.
>>
>>53028206
Yes and most non-japanese fantasy character art has heels on the high end of cowboy/riding boots unless they're slutty sorcerers or pin ups.
OP pic is a straw-woman, Red Sonja wears pirate boots.
>>
>>53027116
That's unfair to compare islamic extremists to leftists anon, it's not like they dress all in black, put on masks and go out and start violently attacking people who disagree with their political beliefs.
>>
File: 1479446742320.jpg (14KB, 192x286px) Image search: [Google]
1479446742320.jpg
14KB, 192x286px
>>53025637
>Implying there isn't an appeal to stripping a woman out of her armor for hot, sweaty sex
Shiggydiggydingdongdaggot, I do declare I smell a faggot.
>>
>>53025793
Because the people making magical armour are a bunch of horndogs
>>
>>53025793
Heat dissipation
>>
>>53028406
Or maybe it's their subtle way of getting back at all the mean old fighters who picked on them when they were low level. You can have the benefits of their magical protection but you have to look like an idiot while receiving them.
>>
>>53028325

To be fair in moonland works dungeon heels are usually one of these:

1) Work is fanservice incarnate (Queen's Blade)
2) Chick is evil (Pirotess) or a downright succubus/whatever
3) Work is so OP/high magic that it's not really relevant (not heels, but Rokka no Yuusha)

Your average elf might be pretty much a moeblob but she's not THAT retarded in attire.

>and then there's the damegami, but I guess Aqua is more than enough retarded
>>
>>53027997
Soldiers workouts are typically more extreme than that of professional athletes. You should probably do more research.
women still get coddled though
>>
File: minus 4.webm (783KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
minus 4.webm
783KB, 480x360px
>>53028785
>>
>>53028814

Alright that made me laugh my ass off.
>>
>>53025864
Seems like it'd pinch in ways you really really don't want.
>>
>>53028814
women...
>>
>>53028925

Well thats why you would have something under it, just like you had a layer under a chain mail jerkin. The chain mail bikini hides a leather/cotton bikini, as would the jockstrap.
>>
File: 1415187454784.jpg (309KB, 1200x768px) Image search: [Google]
1415187454784.jpg
309KB, 1200x768px
>>53025637
>>
>>53029000

I'm amazed it took this long for someone to post this.
>>
>>53025637
The first part of your sentence completely negated the relevance of the second part.
>>
>covering up the human form is considered to be an offense against the gods in their culture because the human body is the most perfect of all their creations

or

>wearing armour is considered to be a sign of incompetence/cowardice because it shows you either think you're likely to get hit or you're overly afraid of getting hit. The armour is purely ornamental because it's intended to subtely mock those who wear armour for other reasons.
>>
>>53026136
>if an arbitrary +1 on your stats was stopping you doing it you probably weren't gonna do it anyway.
Silly goose, under the 3d6 system, a +1 can make the difference.
>>
>>53028344
Dubs recognized
>>
>>53025793
>why wear magical chainmail bikini instead of magical fullplate?
Because once you slap the magical prefix on something looks are the only likely concern left.
On the other hand women wear high heels when they could wear other types of shoes that are objectively superior (in terms of comfort and mobility), because they like the style. So maybe even if the stats weren't equivalent they might chose one over the other.
>>
>>53028344
https://youtu.be/auyxwv-MeGw
>>
>>53028814

But thats -4 to Dex or Int!
>>
>>53028785
And the need to eat more than the average household or they faint.
Modern soldiers not only wouldn't be usefull in fantasy adventureland, they'd be detrimental.
>>
>>53025637
the same reason any woman would wear got lingerie. to get a sugar daddy aka BEAR THE KINGS BASTARD CHILD! Dafuq?
>>
>>53029721

>but muh GATE
>>
>>53025637
Fashion. Not for actual combat.

Wait, no, there's also Gladiators. Gladiators would definitely wear them.
>>
>>53027178
>having protection on your knees is nonsensical
Is he retarded? How do you protect your knees from arrows then?

What a moron.
>>
>>53029784

True dat.

On this subject, does it exist and RPG completely focused on badass gladiators doing badass things? I was recently rewatching that movie and it stuck me as peculiar that I think there isn't.
>>
>>53029721
>Modern soldiers not only wouldn't be usefull in fantasy adventureland, they'd be detrimental.
>fantasy adventureland
>fantasy
Have we forgotten what that word means anon? Let them have their retarded virtue signalling / disguised fetishbait / genuine aesthetic or conceptual preference with no ulterior motive whatsoever. Why do you care?

>>53029769
I can't quite tell which side you're autistically screeching in favour of, could you please clarify so I can determine how hard I should laugh at you?
>>
>>53029865
There's a whole supplement for gurps all about it, you need the one for martial arts as well, this is more an expansion to that then it's own thing.
>>
>>53029905

Actually it was generic sarcasm. To be fair I think GATE's premis is bretty gud, but you know as well as me how that shit went on.

>if I had to do it, I'd make the setting OP, just to balance things out. Exalted level of OP.
>>
>>53029865
>a game where you do nothing but fight NPCs in an arena
>get boons and acquire better equipment if you satisfy the crowd
Can it work if you have a party that likes fighting and getting experience? And possibly dying and rerolling characters.

>>53029977
Fucking GURPS has it all. What's the module for gladiators?
>>
>>53030012
>What's the module for gladiators?
The one I just posted.
>>
>>53030027
Oh, you said it was an expansion so I thought there was more. I just started reading the PDF you posted. So sorry if I came up as a retard.
>>
File: 1255545680137.jpg (168KB, 839x439px) Image search: [Google]
1255545680137.jpg
168KB, 839x439px
>>53025637
>All right, so all these boobplates and chainmail bikinis and revealing leather look really hot and get your sweaty neckbeard dicks hard
Sounds good to me!
>>
File: 1255545633963.jpg (97KB, 490x777px) Image search: [Google]
1255545633963.jpg
97KB, 490x777px
Does this count?
>>
>>53025772

see
>>53025660
>>53025667
>>53025670
>>
>>53030012

Eh, I dunno. I mean, there are things like Contenders actually that could give some insight on the fictional structure (it's basically Rocky's RPG) but yeah, I guess something more for a party of PCs and more tactical would be more my idea.

On this subject whatver you think of Dungeon World its Gladiator is cool. Basically this dude uses weaponry from his defeated adversaries to add special effects like push enemies or change weapon range, or maximize damage.
>>
>>53025945
Even in context this is a stupid rule and I shudder to imagine a group that would use it unironically, but I really like GURPS so I feel obligated to post the context so people don't get the wrong idea about the system.
>>
>>53030012

Why just NPCS? I mean, in a fantasy not!Rome I fully expect to have at the very least a dire tiger to spice a midseason game.

>when the emperor is crowned, how about a dragon?
>>
>>53030012
Another cool thing about that setting is that the fact whether or not the gladiator got killed was decided by the emperor (this might not be historically accurate, basing it off watching the Russel Crowe film Gladiator a few times) so you'd have an actual in-game reason for giving players who are about to get killed an out so they don't have to scrap a character they might be very attached to.
>>
>>53030360
Man I want to watch gladiator now, better go track down that dvd.

MAXIMUS!
MAXIMUS!
MAXIMUS!
>>
File: 150520043317483914[1].jpg (103KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
150520043317483914[1].jpg
103KB, 960x720px
>>53030178
>and more tactical
Of course that would be the only way to make a gladiator game fun. I can think of a handful of ideas from the game Shadow of Rome, like sand holes with fire on the bottom, structures in the middle of the arena with a single bow on the top. Structures and bridges. The endless amount of creatures you can add in a fantasy setting to spice the fights up. Protect chained slaves from an enemy team. Save the maiden. Every match should have its own style. At least that's what I believe.
>>
>>53025637

Most Relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8
>>
>>53027116
>Sure is Islam in here....

OOOOHHH SHIT NIGGA! IZZ ON!

OP you dun got rekt.
>>
>>53026869
>system of game
>any basis in reality
>>
>>53029865

The first few levels of the Darksun PC game is in an arena

I cheated and stayed in the Arena and kept fighting till i was 10th level then I escaped and had an easy time with the rest of the game
>>
>>53027116
Artist depicts two female knights in apparently functional armor who don't like a fanservice knight in boob chain.

Its a clash of genres, more a joke than a serious debate. We just take it super seriously here because we are scientifically minded computer folk who niggle over details.
>>
>>53029784

I hope you mean Gladiatrix
>>
>>53027389
There were a few lady knights. They were legends because they were so rare.

Society in general didn't like it, but the concept existed. People, lords, kings and queens and whatever could do whatever the fuck they wanted if they could back it up with powerful allies and armies.
>>
>>53025637

I had a male PC who accidentally grew dragon wings and a tail. he could not wear armor and had to wear a chain mail kilt and a chain mail tank top
>>
File: 1474242809889.jpg (268KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1474242809889.jpg
268KB, 1500x1100px
>tfw used to be a raging historical accuracy autist but have learned to appreciate fantasy aesthetics
My God, is it liberating.
>>
>>53030555

Yeah i forget what queen once followed her husband to the crusades and he rand the ladies rode around in fancy parade armor but they never went to fight.

But women standing the wall on a short manned fort or castle and throwing down rocks and oil was more not unknown
>>
>>53025660
>>53025667
>>53026772
What you retards are overlooking is that those women you are seeing dressing like that in real life are not on the battlefield or going to one.
>>
>>53030706

Just came to me Eleanor of Aquitaine
>>
File: 1487920402345.jpg (2MB, 1024x997px) Image search: [Google]
1487920402345.jpg
2MB, 1024x997px
>>53027350
>>
File: 1394415015726.gif (1MB, 633x475px) Image search: [Google]
1394415015726.gif
1MB, 633x475px
>>53030159
>>
File: redtrousersAREfrance.jpg (256KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
redtrousersAREfrance.jpg
256KB, 1024x768px
>>53030718
>people never want to look good on the battlefield
>>
>>53028881
it caused me to put this silly sub in my bookmarks bar
>>
>>53030910
Give me a call when someone wears a bikini in a real battle.
>>
>>53029343
>centuries after their fall, no one quite know why the Chainkini civilization died out so quickly after learning how to smelt iron, or why their burial sites contained no armor whatsoever
>it is truly a mystery for the ages
>>
>>53030984
>A female Israeli soldier walks along the beach with her assault rifle
>inb4 "not a real battle"
>>
>>53030984
Give me a call when historians discover evidence that women fought in significant enough numbers in armour for the term "realistic female armour" to not be a complete oxymoron. It's all fantasy, who fucking cares?

>>53031016
Shouldn't it be after their enemies learned how to smelt iron?
>>
File: 1475737506863.gif (97KB, 410x324px) Image search: [Google]
1475737506863.gif
97KB, 410x324px
>>53031103
>>
>>53030984
Bikinis are a very recent invention.

But people like the Celts did go to battle naked, does that count?
>>
>>53031074
Female Israeli soldiers are only used in office positions or as part of promotional pictures such as that one.
>>
>>53031128
What about American ones?
>>
File: gauls.jpg (102KB, 640x524px) Image search: [Google]
gauls.jpg
102KB, 640x524px
I'm usually a stickler for realistic armor, but I'll accept wearing nothing but underwear with one condition: the barbarian has to have a large shield.

Even Celtic fanatics carry large shields. Many African tribes would fight wearing very little but would carry large shields. You can say that the warrior values endurance and speed over survivability in a brutal melee. Barbarians equipped like this would probably skirmish a lot and ambush from the woods rather than run up and hit people with a giant two handed axe.
>>
>>53031165
Look at their faces - those are clearly men.
>>
File: 27.jpg (177KB, 780x520px) Image search: [Google]
27.jpg
177KB, 780x520px
>>53027459

It's a uniform uniform actually.

It would be considered a dress uniform now, but then it was just a uniform.
>>
>>53031185
kek, I will give you that one.
>>
>>53031074
>Posting a jewess
kys
>>
>>53031118
How is that moving the goalposts? You bitch about the armour not being "realistic" enough because no-one wore a bikini in battle and then I point out that that's a moot point because realistically no women were on the battlefield in armour 99.99% of the time, why bring up realism when we're talking about a subject that's completely detached from reality? Maybe women warriors would've worn bikinis on the battlefield, at least in some cases, we don't really know because they didn't fight on the battlefield by and large. All we can do is guess, and as I demonstrated in my initial post >>53030910 there are historical examples of people dressing in ways on the battlefield that had absolutely nothing to do with protecting themselves and just with looking good, just like it would be with a bikini. Unfortunately you're too literal minded to have understood that, sad.
>>
>>53031165
Yes. No woman has ever passed the male standards for combat service.
>>
>>53031124
Not really as they clearly don't see wearing small bits of chainmail as armor.
>>
>>53031309
>takes the autist seriously
It seems 4chan breeds autists.
>>
>>53031165
>guns on the beach

no ammo tho
>>
>>53031528
>giving ammo to women
>>
>>53031489
>It seems 4chan attracts autists.
FTFY

Who could've imagined that a population defined by poor social skills and obsessive interests in specific topics would like this website?
>>
File: 1483118884024.png (187KB, 574x417px) Image search: [Google]
1483118884024.png
187KB, 574x417px
>>53031489
>bitch about the quality of 4chan declining
>dismiss anyone who writes over 3 sentences as an autist
>>
File: 1476703250118.jpg (1MB, 1047x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1476703250118.jpg
1MB, 1047x1500px
>>53027418
>a skeleton who wore a larger skeleton as armour.
[rattles internally]
>>
>>53031309
We know that women fighting on the battlefield was rare but they did not wear bikini armor in battle they wore same armor as males. And your initial post post shows something far from what you can call a bikini and is not meant to armor in the first place.
>>
>>53031732
>We know that women fighting on the battlefield was rare
Talk about an understatement.

>but they did not wear bikini armor
Oh really anon they didn't wear a style of clothing named after a coral atoll that became famous in the mid-20th century because it was the sight of a number of atomic tests? Thanks for reminding me, I might've gotten confused then thanks for that.

>they wore same armor as males
So put your female warriors in male armour, I don't fucking care, just don't act like you're the paragon of realism unless those same female warriors are treated as absolute freaks of nature that everyone's just gobsmacked by even the existence of. And don't forgot the -4 ST if we're going to be this anally retentive about realism, let's not overlook the fact that in real life there's significant sexual dimorphism when it comes to strength between the genders.

>And your initial post post shows something far from what you can call a bikini and is not meant to armor in the first place.
You have autism. That uniform serves absolute no protective purpose whatsoever, not only would it not stop a bullet or a shell fragment or a sword it doesn't even give you camouflage like other uniforms at the time, look at the fucking bright red pats. And look at the little cloth cap they'd wear, no helmets like today. It had absolutely no protective value, just like a bikini, those french soldiers might as well have marched across no mans land in bikinis it would've made no difference except they would've died cold and slightly embarrassed. The two were functionally equivalent, if people were willing to go onto battlefields wearing that they would've been willing to go onto the battlefield wearing a bikini.
>>
>>53032077
*the site of a number of atomic tests
>>
>>53027418
>>53031717
How does that work? Storytime!
>>
>>53032077
What you are looking for is a cap on strength not the stupid meme that is -4 ST. Also armor was not as heavy as games, and movies make it look.

You may also see that they did not wear as little as they could and then try to pass it off as armor, what they wore covered their bodies. Cloth is a bit better than just skin and it keep you warm.. Also at that point guns had made armor way less useful, yet they covered their bodies anyway
>>
>>53029000
Beautiful
>>
I made my first ever character a badass, naked barbarian woman. I mean, why the hell not? I was 15 and flat chested.
>>
>>53032767
them pecs tho
>>
>>53031620
Nah, I specifically used breeds because people who may be on the fridge of the autistic spectrum become full blown by frequenting this site. Get me now? :*
>>
>>53032767
And now you aren't?
>>
>>53032859
That was 10 years ago. Late bloomer
>>
File: 1490153724631.jpg (460KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
1490153724631.jpg
460KB, 979x832px
>>53032879
>>
>>53032904
My latest character is a male rogue based somewhat on the mannerisms of Mads Mikkelson. I matured.
>>
>>53025637
Pretty much this: >>53025670

>tfw two of the three girls in my group go out of their way to mention that their characters are wearing tight leather pants

Guys like to play male characters that are badass and cool and attractive and women like to play female characters that are badass and cool and attractive. Really activates the almonds.
>>
>>53025670
You say that, but I'm pretty sure the majority of my group's PCs have been some combination of short, fat, bald, broken-nosed, autistic, and an asshole.
>>
>itt: sweaty neckbeard circlejerk
>>
File: f41.gif (410KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
f41.gif
410KB, 300x226px
>>53033680
>opposing arguments on the topic are circlejerks
>people demanding the proofs is not breaking the circlejerk
>>
>>53027638
bull fucking shit it was "proven"
>>
>>53025670
>Just like guys want to be big, muscled, handsome heroes
But I want to be a shorter, slender, handsome sorcerer.
>>
>>53025637
Because it's a really warm climate and wearing anything heavier would make them collapse from heat exhaustion.
>>
>>53035106
Because you want the big, muscled, handsome heroes to put their swords in your bum.
>>
>>53035215
No, because I want the big, muscled, beautiful Amazons to ravish me, and the tall, slender, busty succubi to want to keep me as a pet and fuck toy.
>>
>>53035290
>implying women aren't repulsed by manlets
>>
File: 1484373010667.jpg (170KB, 440x457px) Image search: [Google]
1484373010667.jpg
170KB, 440x457px
in real life women literally wear see through clothing, it would not be any surprise their armor in a fantastic setting would reflect their choices in the real world for attire.
>>
>>53026701
>Make her nude, if anything.
So that's your plan.
Clever.
>>
File: 104938294756.png (109KB, 1757x513px) Image search: [Google]
104938294756.png
109KB, 1757x513px
>>53035290
Happy birthday.
>>
>>53032077
when you need to tell someone they have autism, it is you who has autism. search your feelings, you know it to be true
>>
>>53026076
In the books, he wears as much armor as he can get, although sometimes he's shipwrecked or enslaved and all he can get is a loincloth. It's not a matter of shame, it's what you do when people keep swinging swords at you.

In his first story, he survives an assassination attempt because a premonition makes him get out of bed and put his armor on.
>>
>>53035359
>in real life women literally wear see through clothing,
[citation needed]
>>
>>53035573
So what does that say about you?
>>
File: Combat Stilettos.png (141KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Combat Stilettos.png
141KB, 500x500px
>>53026897
Also not that guy ... nor the other guy.
A barbarian with next to no armor is not all that strange, male or female, as long as they are not wearing ludicrously high heels. Heels are ok on boots, as long as they don't hinder your movements and balance.

You can excuse high heels in ceremonial armor or something like that, or if the character is not really human and have feet that work differently, like the Viera who have rabbit-like feet and wear high heels just for show, aparently, but unless there is a good reason for it you should go easy on the heels even if your character is weraing almost nothing.
>>
>>53031320
Do you have a hard source for that, because mine are only partial statistics.
>>
File: egyptian fashion 2.jpg (42KB, 333x465px) Image search: [Google]
egyptian fashion 2.jpg
42KB, 333x465px
>>53035754
Egyptians did at least
>>
>>53035868
>Egyptians
>fair skinned

What does that mean?
>>
File: latest.png (199KB, 496x669px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
199KB, 496x669px
>>53035823
What about edgy cyborg ninjas? Can they wear high heels?
>>
>>53031185
No.
But they eat more pussy than all of this thread combined.
>>
>>53027214
So if muscle generates heat and fat retains it, then strongfat is best for cold climates? Makes sense to me.
>>
File: 1483578220041.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483578220041.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>53030692
Butt chainmail.
Nice.
>>
>>53027321
>implying that being optional does anything to counter the argument that the rule is fiddly and stupid.
>>
>>53035868
hot af but that poster was talking about nowadays
>>
>>53035931
Whites founded Egypt; nonwhites were the builders. Whites have been genetically shown to be the pharaohs and upper class. Egypt was founded easily 13,500 years ago. This has all recently been proven both genetically and archaeologically. You've been lied to by jews and brown Egyptians for the sole purpose of them staking a claim on their lands.
>>
>>53028814
SWAT4.webm
>>
>>53035938
It's hard not to wear high heels when they're literally your heels.
>>
File: roma-kupriyanov-23.jpg (538KB, 1920x2711px) Image search: [Google]
roma-kupriyanov-23.jpg
538KB, 1920x2711px
>>53030749
>Eleanor of Aquitaine

Have you watched "The Lion in Winter"?

If not, you need to stop what you're doing and go watch it immediately. Just go. Flee this bait thread at once.

>I even made poor Louis take me on Crusade. How's that for blasphemy. I dressed my maids as Amazons and rode bare-breasted halfway to Damascus. Louis had a seizure and I damn near died of windburn... but the troops were dazzled.
>>
File: FashionHunter.jpg (87KB, 601x338px) Image search: [Google]
FashionHunter.jpg
87KB, 601x338px
>>53030055
>>53030074
As weird as it looks to wear that while knees deep in snow, I don't mind the dumb armors, but at least make them match.

Those white panties don't go well with those black shoulder pads, honey.
>>
>>53036048
White (Caucasian) people don't stay white unless they are REALLY isolated from the sun. Melanin production would rise to compensate for radiation. Caucasian facial features won't change, of course.
>>
>>53036106
Not wearig helmet can lead to serious injuries
>>
>>53036142
If the baby comes out white, it's white. Some caucasoids don't. There's a difference, anon.
>>
>>53035938
Sure, Raiden is not human anymore, his feet really do work diferently, he can even hold the sword with the heel.
>>
File: 1462378264687.jpg (133KB, 600x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1462378264687.jpg
133KB, 600x1029px
>>53029000
Good post.
>>
>>53035931
>>53036048
Moslty whites were the upper class, for most of the time.
There were black people in the upper class too, but they were more common on the south of the Empire, and since the North was were it was at, and the white population was larger up north, you get a larger number of influential white people rulling ancient Egypt.
>>
>>53036307
>whites
>calling semites white people
This is why people tell you that you try to appropriate people's culture, anon.
>>
>>53027288
That's campaign uniform bro, not parade.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.