[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Previous Thread: >>52985598 → # Fantasy Flight Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 368
Thread images: 68

File: 1421112162888.jpg (461KB, 1008x722px) Image search: [Google]
1421112162888.jpg
461KB, 1008x722px
Previous Thread: >>52985598 → #

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: StrikeCruiser1.jpg (44KB, 608x160px) Image search: [Google]
StrikeCruiser1.jpg
44KB, 608x160px
First for best lady.
>>
File: Moffship.png (101KB, 826x527px) Image search: [Google]
Moffship.png
101KB, 826x527px
>>53023199
DARK GREETINGS
>>
I hope that the unmarked general keeps out the faggots.
>>
Anybody have the ugly generator PDF?
>>
>>53023291
Should be in the pastebin.
>>
File: tumblr_lzgbz7gVJk1qjmdhho1_400.png (160KB, 261x271px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzgbz7gVJk1qjmdhho1_400.png
160KB, 261x271px
>>53023279
Me too, man
>>
>>53023279
Worked after VII, hopefully will this time, too.
Plus /TV/ likely won't even recognize the OP image, which is also good
>>
File: Rogue_Squadron.jpg (420KB, 1118x702px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue_Squadron.jpg
420KB, 1118x702px
>>53022974
Great OP my man. Have a best Squadron
>>
>>53023461
Who's the lady with the shaved head?
>>
>>53023324
I tried
>Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>Shipfag's hangar
>Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games

Not in any of the above and the rest don't seem related.
>>
>>53023550
>Not in any of the above and the rest don't seem related.
I think it's in the RPG bin.
>>
>>53023461
It's my headcanon that they're all fucking dead, because Rebel pilots would not be skilled enough to do anything they do. Rogue Squadron died in their first mission, sorry not sorry.
>>
>>53023646
They're mostly defectors from Imperial training or local military though... The Empire literally trained a good share of them.
>>
File: 1493581111811.jpg (16KB, 680x299px) Image search: [Google]
1493581111811.jpg
16KB, 680x299px
>>53023646
>>
>>53023646
Everything they did was completely possible in the X-Wing games.

Git Gud scrub.
>>
>>53023708
No it wasn't.

>>53023707
The only thing autistic is thinking an X-Wing can blow up a Star Destroyer.

>>53023674
You don't see TIE Fighters blowing up MC-80s.
>>
>>53023728
TIE Fighters are shit, mass-produced fighters.
A lot of rebel fighters (y-wing excluded) are precision made masterpieces. The Empire just underestimated the value of fighters and got fucked for it.
>>
>>53022974
Is that headhunter supposed to have Vichy France colors, or is it only a coincidence?
>>
>>53023728
Take out the 3 shield generators and than hit the bridge with a proton torpedo easy peasy dumbass.
>>
>>53023792
Either the TIE complement or the ship's own weaponry would disintegrate you in a heartbeat.

>>53023767
Fair enough, but they still can't do nearly anything shown in the books. Just because they're piloted by Mary Sue asshats doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>53023566
Could only find a list of parts with stats build for building ships for the FFG RPGs written directly into pastebin, but not the PDF I was looking for the a bunch of tables for rolling up ugly parts, which at first glance seemed to automatically stat them for X-Wing.

It used to be posted all the time and I thought I was saved it, but turns out I hadn't.
>>
>>53023728
>You don't see TIE Fighters blowing up MC-80s.
Don't you do that in TIE Fighter?
>>
>>53023728
TIE Fighters don't carry tops or missiles. They were never meant to fight capital ships. TIE Bombers, Defenders, Avengers, and Hunters are all perfectly capable of doing that, though.
>>
>>53023819
Have you not played Rogue Leader? It's child's play for a skilled pilot to dodge SD fire and your bros can easily handle any shitty TIEs
>>
>>53023767
TIEs aren't actually bad, like at all. They overcome the shields of the "superior" rebel craft just fine and are actually more maneuverable than their counter part.

In an actual dog fight the more agile craft wins because all of those defenses mean little to the craft that doesn't get hit.

Factor in that the Rebel fighters are also out numbered 3 or 4 to 1 and you start to see why their portrayal is mostly just plot powered nonsense.
>>
>>53023844

If you're good enough, yes.
They could have won Endor with a single flight of defenders.
>>
>>53023728
I've downed capital ships in fighters in TIE fighter, you need an ordinance carrier to do it, but it's possible.

>>53023819
It's HARD but I've managed to dance in close with ISDs, that's with admittedly far less guns than canon on a Star Destroyer in game BUT to compensate for lack of total guns even heavy turbolaser turrets can point-defense down torpedoes and missiles.
>>
>>53023872
You mean that game where you're the protagonist and kill mooks?

Yeah, I've played that game.
>>
What's the best food/drink to serve at a star wars themed game night?
>>
>>53023872
>using a video game as indication of how combat actually works
>>
>>53023872
Ehhh, the Rogue Squadron games are a bit too forgiving as far as challenge levels go.

I generally base things on the X-Wing games but they have their own issues (Relatively low guncount on capital ships, but VERY high accuracy on said guns.)
>>
>>53023938
Bantha Bacon Beef Burgers.
>>
>>53023938
Chef Yub-Yub's Long Pork Special
>>
File: Fasd Squadron.png (33KB, 483x321px) Image search: [Google]
Fasd Squadron.png
33KB, 483x321px
>>53022974
Thoughts on this list?

I want to make use of my 3 repainted strikers, but I'm not sure how.

Also- did anyone else realize that Palob Godalhi's name is an anagram for Pablo Hidalgo?
>>
>>53023938
Blue milk and nerf burgers
>>
>>53023938
Blue Milk:
3 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
3 oz amaretto almond liqueur
3 oz Malibu® coconut rum
6 oz half-and-half or whole milk
>>
File: wookiee cookies.jpg (258KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
wookiee cookies.jpg
258KB, 576x384px
>>53023938
>>
>>53023899
>In an actual dog fight the more agile craft wins because all of those defenses mean little to the craft that doesn't get hit.

^this^
Rebels don't even have the excuse of being energy fighters because lack of a gravity well in space means you can't accelerate faster than the peak speed of your opponent anyway.
>>
>>53023509
Plourr I believe.
>>
TIEs being exceptionally agile is pretty new, believe it or not.
Early material had them about as agile as Y-wings and less than the X. Only the interceptor was actually agile
>>
>>53023988
Looks fun.
>>
>>53024197
Looking at the 1e WEG Star Wars Sourcebook, this guy is right. Though TIE/ln fighters were faster, X-Wings were tougher, more heavily armed and more maneuverable.
>>
Are there any FFG books comparable to Only War, but for Stormtroopers? Or for Rebels is fine too, assuming it'd be easy to adapt.

I just want to shoot terrorists and die an inglorious death on some backwater jungle planet, and I'm all out of terrorists.
>>
>>53024055
Rebs have other advantages to call on to help even the odds. Torpedoes and missiles in lore tend to be very reliable ways to thin the herd from long range. The Rebels also abuse stuff like the Thach Weave to hell and back (proven to still be effective against numerically superior opponents at Midway). Meanwhile, according to sources like Lara Notsil, Imp pilot training tends to be rather poor in the teamwork department. The average TIE grunt tends to be a lone wolf and belligerent, even towards allies. Instructors and squad leaders who understand team-building (Ex. Baron Fel) are few and far between.

Plus, hyperdrives. Hyperdrives let Rebels pick their fights and run if the odds ever turn against them. It's basically safe, cheap level grinding.
>>
>>53024295
Are you looking for stats or fluff? WEG's Specforce handbook might be of help in a fluff/advice sort of way.
>>
>>53023988
The character was from an old weg book so it makes sense he would slip that in
>>
>>53024197
>>53024273
With X-Foils out yeah X-Wings could conceivably turn better.
>>53024295
AoR is pretty easy to adapt but you may end up drawing from all the books, unlike FFG's 40k system the various games are pretty much totally balanced against each other.
>>
>>53023899
In an actual dog fight between two comparable fighters the one with the most skilled pilot wins.

Anyways, unlike the radar guided rocket tag of modern fighter combat, Star Wars borrows from the second world war, specifically the Pacific Theater. The TIE is the A6M and the X-Wing is the Hellcat, and while both can down the other, the Hellcat is more durable while the Zero can turn better in the hands of a skilled pilot. However, the Hellcat's survivability allows a unskilled pilot to have a fighting chance against a more skilled enemy pilot or give an equally skilled pilot an upper hand.
>>
>>53024324
I wish this meme of "Imperial servicemen were mean and didn't like each other" would end. It's idiotic inventioneering by the Mice lords. Imperial soldiers often had stronger interpersonal bonds than Rebels did.
>>
>>53024417

>It's idiotic inventioneering by the Mice lords. Imperial soldiers often had stronger interpersonal bonds than Rebels did.

>Guy quotes a source from the late 90s
>>
>>53024449
>>guy quotes a source from the late 90's
>it's from an X Wing novel
>the novels notorious for scrapping realism and plot for X Wing fanwanking and jerking off Rogue/Wraith Squadron
>>
>>53024417
The lion's share of interactions we have seen between officers was them bickering and fueding
>>
>>53024530
In the movies and Rebellion era? No.

In E.U.? Only after Endor when the Empire is literally turning in on itself.

In NuCanon? After RO and watching how Gilbert Shekelstein thinks that Imperial officers are bickery, backstabby manchildren, I'm loathe to take anything from it without a few truckloads of salt.
>>
Quick question about combat in ffg: does it mechanically care about the exact positioning of characters? Or is it more abstract?
>>
>>53024554

>In the movies and Rebellion era? No.

This bickering is pointless.
>>
>>53024413
>In an actual dog fight between two comparable fighters the one with the most skilled pilot wins.
This is really the key point. Probably 90% of TIE pilots shot down by Rogue squadron and other rebels were guys with zero combat time, in the rebellion era because rebels avoided targets with actually skilled defending troops, and later because the ICW was causing HORRENDOUS turnover in the imperial and ex-imperial navies, and lots of pilots were straight-up conscripts
It's like that one german squadron that racked up literally thousands of kills against the Russians in the early years of the war, and how IJN aviation completely fell apart in the later days of the pacific theatre
>>
>>53024577
>does it mechanically care about the exact positioning of characters
Only AoE stuff like Blast is in effect, otherwise no.
>>
>>53024662
This.

I think RS is still bullshit, but it's important to remember that they're not so much good, it's that their opponents suck, and that's because they deliberately avoid fighting anyone competent most of the time, hence the name "rogue". Agile, hit-and-run, sucks in a straight-up fight.

Later when they fight that elite TIE wing, they win, but only with overwhelming numbers, and they lose many, many more pilots and ships than the elite TIE pilots do, and that's because Rogue Squadron really wasn't good.
>>
>>53024577
Abstract.
>>
>>53024708
I mean, they were definitely GOOD, some of them (like wedge and Tycho) were incredible, but like all the really good pilots, they lived that long because they didn't pick many fair fights. Same with the TIE aces
>>
>>53024663
>>53024725
How do you do it when using a platform like roll20? I'm asking because my only experience is with stuff like 5e, and I don't want to approach it the wrong way.
>>
>>53024771
Yeah, point taken, I'll rephrase:

Rogue Squadron wasn't the BEST. They certainly weren't on the level of TIE Aces, and even skilled TIE pilot regulars gave them trouble.

They won their reputation for being hit and run guerrilla fighters, specifically avoiding direct confrontations and attacking weaker/unexpecting enemies.

Again, some of the stuff they do, especially Wedge, borders on insane fanwank, but at least the books make a point that RS doesn't fair very well in straight-up fights, and the few times they do they either lose or suffer heavier losses than the enemy to win.

Up against legitimate TIE Aces, they would've lost had they not held such a huge numerical advantage, and even then it was a very pyrrhic victory.
>>
>>53024817

The reason Rogue Squadron are seen as the best is not because they can kill everyone forever.

It's becuase they get the mission completed - even if 11 of 12 die in the process, they'll complete the mission anyway however suicidal.
That's why they're 'the best'.
>>
>>53024837

The impossible is our stock and trade.
>>
>>53024837
How often did they get bent over like that, the most I recall from the books was 5 in one go
>>
>>53024817
The thing about the rogues is that they weren't an 'all star' team like some of the really elite TIE squadrons, they were just a couple of absurdly good pilots leading a bunch of better than average pilots on incredibly dangerous missions with high turnover.
Plus when they got shwacked by the 181st, it was with Defenders, which is the one fighter that out X-wings the X-wing
>>
>>53024944
When did they go up against the entire 181st in defenders? Other than maybe summary bits in the Essential Atlas or Guide to Warfare?

Only Phennir had a Defender at Adumar.
>>
>>53024980
Probably in the comics, I don't think they ever fought defenders in the novels except at adumar, and I don't remember them getting bounced like turr over here is talking about in the books either
>>
File: 1491811148762.gif (5MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491811148762.gif
5MB, 480x270px
>>53024889
And liquidating your assets is ours.
>>
>>53024929

It doesnt happen so often in the books, though they do lose a bunch of people over time.
Lore-wise it happened fairly often though.
>>
>>53024797
Mostly I just use freeform. If necessary for a complex fight I'll use a drawing or tokens, but nothing concrete, just a depiction for the player's understanding.
>>
>>53024944
Also remember that the Rogue roster is highly inconsistent. Wedge is the only one who could really be considered a constant. As we saw with Wes and Hobbie at the start of Wraith Squadron, veteran pilots may find themselves reassigned to training duties to pass on their skills. Plus, some straight up leave to do other stuff, like Luke and Corran. The Rogues are rarely able to get their full all-star roster together. Contrast the 181st, which generally tends to be able to keep its superstar aces together, with the exception of retirement or capture.
>>
>>53024269
Anything that could be done to improve it?

I could swap to Baffle+captive on the shuttle, but IDK if that is a good idea.
>>
>>53025206
How much flying has happened with it so far?
>>
>>53025206
Try it a few times first and see how it goes.
>>
What are the cons of Star Wars d6?
>>
>>53025426
Limited pool of content after the time tpm came out. so if your story calls for recent this, prepare for homebrew.
>>
>>53025426
More limited skills/what you can do with said skills. Very very simple combat.
>>
File: pBldwQV.png (133KB, 248x506px) Image search: [Google]
pBldwQV.png
133KB, 248x506px
>>53024817
Oh fuck off Hux. Rogue Squadron were by far the best pilots in the galaxy. They had fucking Wedge and Luke. You are just an ass mad Empfag.
>>
File: 1493491324716.jpg (38KB, 480x456px) Image search: [Google]
1493491324716.jpg
38KB, 480x456px
>>53025659
>>
>>53024817
>even skilled TIE pilot regulars gave them trouble.
Could you please provide an example of this actually happening?
>>
>>53025726
Lore.

Outside of fankwank games and fanwank novels RS was regularly fucked with.
>>
>>53023988
I like the strikers: cheap fast and able to push damage through with crack shot is a good combo. hux is weird, it'd be cool to see how he goes. i think he's pretty good in theory, but not being able to spend focuses on defense seems dangerous
>>
>>53025249
One attempt, in which the strikers hit a shitload of asteroids.
>>
>>53024417
>>53024530
The relationships between enlisted personnel, the relationships of officers competitively seeking promotion, and officers who are just trying to do their jobs are all very different
>>
>>53025744
>Outside of novels, movies, or games
That doesn't leave much lore then. Also source?
>>
>>53024817
The Rogues aren't necessarily the best dogfighters, sure. They are, however, the best all-around pilots in the galaxy. They're a reflection of their squadron waifu, the T-65, just as the 181st are a reflection of the TIE Interceptor. The 181st are probably the top dogfighters, but most of them won't have as much experience in CAS or attacking capital ships. Rogues, meanwhile, have a role that requires knowing how to do a little bit of everything. You see that in their pilots, too. Lots of named Rogues have logged flight hours in multiple different starfighter roles. Baron Fel and Maarek Stele are the only 181s we know to have flight hours in multirole and attacker craft. Every other 181st pilot we've seen either has no written history or graduated to Interceptors straight from TIE/LNs.

Tell a 181st pilot he's a bombardier and he'll complain. Tell the same thing to a Rogue and he'll learn how to leave penis-shaped bomb crater patterns by the end of the hour.
>>
>>53025744
I'm pretty neutral to that whole debate, but "lore" is usually not considered an exemple.
Especially not "lore but not games or novels".

And now I'm defending rebel scum. Look at what you're making me do, anon!
>>
>>53026035

Give a TIE pilot a hardened target in a narrow space, with a small attack window to defend, They'll start asking why the fuck they have to do it not gunnery corps. Or try and find a buck to pass so it's not their fault when shit goes wrong.

Give an X-Wing pilot a hardened target with a small attack window and a narrow space to hit, and those crazy motherfuckers will start fighting over who gets their turn first.
>>
File: BWingsKillISD2-ST.jpg (273KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
BWingsKillISD2-ST.jpg
273KB, 1280x960px
>>53026256

Give a B-Wing pilot that job, and he'll ask you what he's going to do with the remaining 90% of the mission time.
>>
>>53026035
The 181st aren't the only TIE Aces.
>>
>>53026307
B-Wings are fucking retarded.
>>
>>53026322
Yeah, but who gives a shit about the other guys? Black Squadron is the only other relevant TIE ace team and they died before getting to do anything cool.
>>
>>53026322
That's cool, name some other prominent TIE Ace squadrons.
>>
>>53026379
>t. Jealous bomber pilot
>>
>>53026451
>watch my dumb looking ship blow up a star destroyer because the rebels must always have plot armor and must always win even when they'd lose
>>
>>53026379

You better mean by design, because capability and role, fuck no Strike/Attack craft are brilliant. Air Superiority doesn't mean shit if if you don't have anything else to actually run your operation with. It's why X-Wings are great, you can run a whole shitload of missions with them.
>>
>>53026470

It's space WWII. Torpedo bombers sink ships.
>>
>>53026474
X-Wings and B-Wings both would be destroyed without much of a fight, if not for plot armor and shitty writers.
>>
>>53026505

And TIEs wouldn't?
>>
>>53026505
Anon I know you have a hardon for triangles but that's just how the setting works. a skilled ace > gunnery crews.
>>
>>53026543
>rebels
>skilled
>>
>>53026634
Yes

Yes they are
>>
>>53026655
They're not though, unless the plot calls for it.
>>
File: han and chewie.jpg (262KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
han and chewie.jpg
262KB, 1920x816px
>>53026669
The same could be said for TIE pilots.
>>
>>53026669

Hi, welcome to narratives, can I ask what the fuck you want?

It's a story, not a computer simulation - literally everything only exist because the plot calls for it.
>>
File: AIM-120.jpg (147KB, 1001x644px) Image search: [Google]
AIM-120.jpg
147KB, 1001x644px
>>53026505
>TIEfags complaining about plot armor
>Conveniently forgetting that the ECM handwave is the only thing keeping LNs and Interceptors relevant in an age of guided missiles and torpedoes
>>
File: ZardraWEB_0.jpg (121KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
ZardraWEB_0.jpg
121KB, 600x553px
I'm running my first game of AoR on Thursday for a May the 4th one-shot.. I'm using the wold WEG d6 module Tattooine Manhunt. I've run WEG SW but never the FFG systems; any pitfalls I should be wary of?
>>
>>53026706
>Star Wars
>Guided Weapons
Sure is a staple of the setting, alongside with C4ISR, HUDs and other modern inventions.
>>
>>53026822

So you didnt see those proton torpedos changing course happily then huh.
>>
>>53026822
literally the first movie has a targeting computer and torpedoes that can make 90 degree turns.
>>
File: Protontorpedo.jpg (11KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
Protontorpedo.jpg
11KB, 200x240px
>>53026822
>>
File: 1493072961970.jpg (23KB, 330x280px) Image search: [Google]
1493072961970.jpg
23KB, 330x280px
>>53026822
>>
>>53026768
Advantages and disadvantages are the defining trait of this system, keep them interesting and keep narrating what they do and it will stay fresh.
>>
>>53026857
>>53026859
>>53026861
That anon is correct. The force is what allowed that torpedo to fly up into the exhaust port. Proton torpedoes aren't guided only concussion missles
>>
File: bismarck.jpg (264KB, 1500x1022px) Image search: [Google]
bismarck.jpg
264KB, 1500x1022px
>>53026470
>>53026505
Haha! You're so right there's no way any puny obsolete fighter craft could take down a state of the art capital ship! It's a mathematical impossibility!
>>
File: Protorp2.jpg (44KB, 640x334px) Image search: [Google]
Protorp2.jpg
44KB, 640x334px
>>53027002
>Not guided
>Luke can somehow push fast-moving torpedoes into a 90-degree turn but can't pull his lightsaber out of some ice
No. Luke used the Force to figure out the right time and place to fire the torps, not manhandle his load into the hole.
>>
>>53027002

So you're saying that with no training, and being barely able to pull his saber to himself a YEAR later, Luke managed to move TWO proton torpedoes as they moved at incredibly high speed, whilst flying a ship at the same time using the force.
>>
>>53027002
They have targeting computers, of course they are guided
>>
>>53027002
this is really what normies believe
>>
>>53026859
Both being ww2 tech. Contrary to IR AA missiles.
>>
>>53027002
>>53027080
>he used the force
is not a good argument. Why didn't Vader use the force to kill him? Luke just got lucky.
>>
>>53027262
if you replace "the force" or "magic" with "the plot" it all makes sense. they are get out of jail free cards for writers.
>>
File: Yamato_sea_trials_2.jpg (81KB, 744x451px) Image search: [Google]
Yamato_sea_trials_2.jpg
81KB, 744x451px
>>53027016
I'm glad that SOMEONE realizes that having the biggest capital ship around relieves you of the primitve burdens of point defense and supply logistics!
>>
>>53027002
>>53027080

The Force guided Luke as to when to fire, but it didn't cause the torpedoes to turn.

When the previous pilot fired his torpedoes, he called out that they impacted on the surface and didn't go in - an indication that their guidance software was designed to make them turn after a certain amount of time passed.
>>
>>53027594
Still, that doesn't make sense, because if Luke, a novice, can use the Force to get amazing shots, then why couldn't Vader, a Sith lord and former powerful Jedi knight?
>>
>>53027620

Because Luke was unconsciously using the force to dodge around.

Hence "The force is strong with this one."
>>
>>53027620
Remember how he states that "the Force is strong with this one?"

Vader is a damn good pilot, one of the best, but his abilities are being thwarted by Luke's subconscious abilities. They're literally getting canceled out - and Vader STILL manages to take out R2 and nearly take out Luke before Han swings in for the rescue.
>>
>>53027016
>>53027425
One was taken of by two carriers' complement and several warships, the other was attacked by 386 planes.
And the Yamato was hardly lacking in point defense.
Not saying battleships did stand a chance against carrier based fleets, but it was hardly 1v1 between the plane and the vessel.
And SDs carry a massive TIE wing, so it's hardly comparable anyways.
>>
File: Fairey_Swordfish.jpg (2MB, 2169x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Fairey_Swordfish.jpg
2MB, 2169x1584px
>>53027016
Bismark was a big hit, but people forget how the "obsolete pieces of shit" cornered the Italian navy in their port and then beat on them with a sack of padlocks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Taranto
>>
File: Taranto_1940_(2).jpg (208KB, 640x515px) Image search: [Google]
Taranto_1940_(2).jpg
208KB, 640x515px
>>53027923
The swordfish is the comedy central of military aircraft, on paper they were obsolete dogshit but they fucked up the lives of every single axis ship they came into contact with. If my memory is correct I think they are responsible for putting the most axis tonnage to the bottom of any single aircraft, they are the "I warned you bro" of torpedo bombers because it just kept happening.
>>
>>53028113
>>53027923

So, they're y-wings?
>>
>>53028127
Pretty much.
>>
>>53028113
27 of them where in Malta they sank 50,000 tonnes of shipping per month... for NINE FUCKING MONTHS
Except for one month
they sank 98,000 tonnnes
>>
Hey y'all, I'm working on a project that I've been meaning to do for years, a large scale star wars capital ship combat game, and I could use some suggestions on how exactly to do shields
I'm not sure if I want vidya-style where shields must be zeroed out before hitting the hull or more WEG style
Any thoughts/suggestions?
>>
>>53028432
Armada?
>>
>>53028530
Eh. I don't like armada's so much because it revolves around FFG's special dice and I didn't want to do that here.
If I was gonna do shield dice, I'd just WEG it up
>>
>>53028432
I prefer the ablative type of shields that have to be pummelled down before hull hits, mostly because that's sort of how it is in the films
>shields go down
>some arsehole fly's an A-wing through your bridge
>>
File: 28-sized.jpg (100KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
28-sized.jpg
100KB, 640x480px
>Last time I played X-Wing was when wave 5 came out
>Decide to check the wiki
>Wave 11 has been announced
>Still no Assault Gunboat
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>53028432

I'd say go with ablative. Shield soak up so much damage before the real bad shit happens, some attacks/tactics bypass shields entirely, and theoretically you can repair/recover shields if you spend time fixing them or avoiding engagement, but otherwise it just tanks damage.
>>
>>53028677
Never gonna happen unless the gunboat is in a movie or cartoon.
>>
>>53028432
Do it star trek online style: Must be zeroed/overloaded and works by arcs.
>>
>>53028698

>Never gonna happen unless the gunboat is in a movie or cartoon.
>What is the TIE Aggressor and H-6 Bomber?

>>53028714

Well, even if he's not doing FFG's special dice results, I'd hope there's some element of arcs and facing involved, that's both cool AND very relevant to the setting.

>"Deflectors double front"
>"Forward shields are down"
>>
File: FFG Shields.pdf (163KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
FFG Shields.pdf
163KB, 1x1px
There's my ablative rules I made up years ago
>>
>>53028758
From newer vidya.

Also canon's basically stomped out my hope of Avengers let alone Star Wings, even though Pablo tried to leave a glimmer of hope.
>>
>>53028432
What's the layout? Bases and minis? Hex and Chit?

At fleet action level I like ablative that can be restored for ships and part of the combat factors for squadrons.
>>
>>53028698
Defender and Phantom haven't been in a movie or cartoon either. The Phantom was probably one of the more obscure ships in star wars before it ended up in x-wing.
>>
>>53028758
Arcs and facings, are of course going to be a thing
They'll definitely be less important than in Armada simply because I'm using a much higher scale then it is, though
>>
>>53028855

I mean, you can say "Newer" but that's still fucking forever ago, '01 and '04. And Only a couple years difference between Starfighter and XWA.

And they pulled shit like the E-Wing which is a ship which is literally older than me. Age is not that important.

>>53028939

Defender was totally in a cartoon and will be in more.
>>
>>53028939
Both were added before Disney acquired the license. They didn't have to be cleared by LucasFilm. New ships do though.

The Defender is one of the big plot points in Rebels, too...
>>
>>53028871
Still deciding between hex and chit and straight Harpoon style measuring tapes and counters/minis
Mostly I just want to make it playable with virtually requirements for stuff anyone reading the rules won't already have
>>
>>53028968
>>53028993
Well, that's what I get for only briefly skimming the defender's wiki page.
>>
>>53029005
*virtually no
>>
>>53028993

I'm pretty sure they've always had to be cleared by Lucasfilm. It's just that there's now a distinct question mark on drawing from Legends material which apparently FFG doesn't have to fully follow, even in their big name products (Since their RPGs have been using EU stuff or even original stuff for a long time).

>>53028939

Phantom was in EaW, so that's a bigger game - but probably still a decent contender in the 3 way obscurity fight between the Punisher, Phantom and K-Wing.
>>
>>53029076
Everything that FFG releases since the acquisition is designed with input from a Lucasfilm liaison (so they don't design something only to have Lucasfilm say no after the fact). This is (partly) responsible for the lack of creativity in more recent releases.
>>
>>53029076
>so that's a bigger game
I wonder if Rebel Assault 2 managed to sell more units than EaW.
>>
>>53029143
>This is (partly) responsible for the lack of creativity in more recent releases.
Don't tell me you aren't looking forward to the next recoloured tie fighter.
>>
>>53029226

EaW: Gold is like 1.5 million copies sold via SteamSpy, to Rebel Assault I+II's like 15k. So probably not? But who the fuck knows.

>>53029253

I mean, that's Star Wars. Go back to the OT and you have "Tie Fighter, but bomber-ier" and "TIE Fighter, but more pointy!"
>>
Which one of you faggots did this?
>>
Stupid question time since I'm learning to play this shit before I buy.
So once a command dial is spent it's gone? Say I'm using the Nebulon-B, on turn 2 it uses its second command dial, it doesn't get anymore for the rest of the game?
>>
>>53029346
It's not mine.

What does that stay in star-wars-ese?
>>
>>53028955

Question: Can I solve all my problems with more torpedoes?
>>
>>53029005
I have a huge gross boner for Hex and Chit so I'm biased but you would have your own niche that way and the format is more typically associated with more detailed simulations of large action.
>>
>>53029755
>What does that stay in star-wars-ese?
"Imperials! Fuck yeah!"
In really sloppy aurebesh, I might add. A lot of the lettering is ambiguous as fuck.
>>
>>53023899
-Pierre Sprey, Sienar Systems Analyst
>>
>>53029585
No, the dial goes back under the other command dial. Think of it like a deck of cards.

Gonna recommend you watch some youtube videos on armada rules. When my group first got the game we bastardize the shit out of the rules. The rulebook doesn't do the best job of explaining how to play, but rules are simple once you know what you're looking at.
>>
>>53030102
That's how I thought it worked but I never read anywhere on it working that way.
Seeing youtube videos the command dials just disappeared after being used and I'm left wondering why by turn 4-5 shit still had command dials when their value was like 2 or 3.
So the way you mentioned, using Nebulon-B as an example again with a command value of 2
if it's 2 dials I choose is swarm and repair its just going to rotate between the 2 every turn since after it's used I throw it under the command dial stack the ship has?
>>
>>53030238
No dog, you set a new command each time you put it to the bottom.
>>
>>53030327
Ah okay that sounds even better, thanks
>>
>>53029826
>charging terrorist scum with a flotilla of hovertanks while ties rain hell down on the enemy from above

Empire, fuck yeah!
>>
>>53028793
While I really want to see shields revamped and like your system a lot, I see nothing specifying rules for more powerful weapons against much smaller vessels with weaker shields. For example, if a ship with a 1 shield rating still tank 6 hits from the massive guns of an MC80 or ISD, for example? While some shields can indeed withstand such heavy ordnance, those are usually on the capital ship or even planetary level. I'd imagine the shields of a comparably tiny starfighter would be broken in a single direct hit from such a weapon.
>>
>>53030628
Nevermind, I'm dumb. I read more closely and saw Hits doesn't literally mean hits, but basically a wound or hull threshold for shields. I love it! I'd already done something similar for a Droideka's shields as a boss fight in one of my games, with the players having to do enough damage to break through it, but I never thought of how it'd translate to ships and vehicles. Nicely done, I'll definitely use this.
>>
File: ech.png (577KB, 611x648px) Image search: [Google]
ech.png
577KB, 611x648px
>>53030565
>>
>>53030238
When a ship is activated, its owner reveals that ship’s top command dial and places it next to the ship in the play area. It can be spent immediately to assign the corresponding command token to that ship, or it can be
spent at the appropriate time to resolve that command.
After a ship finishes its activation, if it did not spend its command dial, that dial is discarded.
When a command dial is spent or discarded, it is placed faceup on the ship’s ship card and remains there until it is assigned as a new command during the next
Command Phase.
A ship with a faceup command dial on its ship card cannot be activated.
A player can look at his ships’ facedown command dials at any time. When a player looks at a ship’s command dials, he must preserve the order in which the dials are stacked.

These are the relevant rules for ya. You also want to know about the command phase, which is simple as shit. At the beginning of each round, each player sets all the commands for any dials that were used and are not currently stacked. This will usually mean you set up the order that your ship will complete after all previously queued orders are up. If you managed to discard a command dial for skilled first officer, you'd set 2 command dials.

The command you set will go underneath any commands you've already set, to be resolved after all your orders are prepared.
>>
Im trying to understand attack phase in x-wing

by the step by step, roll modify, roll modify
I I use elusiveness can i only use it before I roll defensive dice?
>>
>>53030814
Ive read those rules several times on the pdf but the other anon mentioned new appointed command dials going under the little stack like a deck of cards which made sense. After rereading the rules there's that 1 tiny bit I missed and it mentioned doing that after "every SUBSEQUENT Command Phase". Well thanks fellow anons for clearing that up
>>
>>53031385
the person who rolled the die modifies it last

Can't re-roll a die that was already re-rolled

Check the FAQ, they have a complete flowchart
>>
Does Age of Rebellion work for special operation Rebel combat teams where everyone is some form of Soldier class? Being Rebels they won't always be on the front lines, but in fact be running combat ops in cities behind enemy lines.
>>
>>53032399
Yeah, it should work just fine, there's decent variety in the soldier classes and even more-militant versions of the other classes like Officer.

Also:
>Combat ops in cities.
What are you Saw's Partisans? Urban warfare is for Durkhas.
>>
>>53032399
Each of the AoR careers can contribute in some manner to frontline ground combat except (understandably) the Diplomat, who has to content themselves with after-battle cleanup via their social suite.

Ace: Gunner is excellent because it lets you use missile tubes, Driver is superb for getting around.
Commander: Tactician is the 'team leader' spec. Squadron Leader is for starfighters and Commodore is for capital ships.
Engineer: Saboteur lets you blow shit up, needless to say.
Spy: Infiltrator is a close-range melee monster.
>>
>>53032719
Actually, a correction: With ranks in Knowledge (Warfare) a Diplomat with the Analyst specialisation fills a team's situational awareness/applied logistics role, able to scope out significant weaknesses in key targets for the rest of the team to exploit.
>>
>>53032490
>French Resistance
>Polish Home Army
>US Patriot militias
>WW2 Greek Resistance
Plenty of IRL rebel groups managed to operate in cities. A group of locals fighting to free their homeworld or home system sounds like a plausible idea for a Rebel cell.
>>
>>53032490
Urban warfare is for durrkas and those fighting them, but urban operating is completely respectable
>>
>>53032490
Naw, I just spent enough time fucking up Haji Harry to know what to do and how m players to run it or fail.
>>
>>53024817
god Imperial Fags are ruining these threads
>>
File: 1450319375548.gif (173KB, 324x412px) Image search: [Google]
1450319375548.gif
173KB, 324x412px
Do you guys think we'll get an X-Wing announcement on Thursday? Last year we got one, and I'd love an aces pack for T-65s.
>>
>>53033548
What's Thursday? Just May 4th? Do non-normies actually give a fuck about "star wars day"?
>>
>>53033496
t. Mothma
>>
File: whelp im out.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
whelp im out.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>53033496
It's only going to get worse until TLJ drops, then it'll be nothing but bitching about the movie.
>>
File: FFG SS HR.pdf (40KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
FFG SS HR.pdf
40KB, 1x1px
>>53030687
The Norton's rules have some interesting stuff in them as well if you're looking to tune up the vehicle side of the game a bit too
Speed and sensor revisions aren't too bad at all, I quite like them.
Vehicle and weapon qualities I'm not so keen on personally, but everyone's got their own ideas on how they like things.

>>53032981
>Urban warfare is for durrkas and those fighting them
Its time to stop talking about shit you don't actually know about, because you're looking pretty fucking stupid right now.
>>
What exactly WAS the legal status of bounty hunting and bounty hunters in the legends NR?
>>
>>53033564
Not really, but they used the date as a reason to announce Heroes of the Resistance so I'm just hoping they do it again.
>>
>>53034277
I'm not sure, weren't there adventures in WEG that involved you bounty hunting for the NR?
>>
>>53033776
What does it do, drop vehicle to 5x instead of 10x?

>>53032835
>>53032981
>>53033309
>>53033776
Hiding among civies is cowardly, at least up till Tet the majority of VietCong fought innajungle other than the squad under that monster who revolver-general executed.
>>
>>53033496
>>53033692
I have never seen such a whiny and entitled sub fan base with a victim complex as big as their precious and "invincible" Star Destroyers. Impfag are literal refuse.
>>
>>53032399
AoR is pretty great for any organized military-themed roleplay. You can be anything from militiamen to rebel Specforce to a team of B1A battle droids to clone troopers in Kashyyyk'nam to gunners and officers aboard a star destroyer. It's ridiculously easy to tweak.
>>
I know this is star wars and physics doesn't apply and all, but how the fuck does the Bola carbine work?

It does lethal damage too, so it's not great for taking prisoners. What do you use it for?
>>
File: 1491627591850.jpg (101KB, 960x599px) Image search: [Google]
1491627591850.jpg
101KB, 960x599px
>>53035360
>>53033496
>>53033692
>how DARE the other half of the fanbase express their opinions!
>liking what I don't like is ruining the board I tell ya!
>>
File: 1395885985817.gif (886KB, 175x144px) Image search: [Google]
1395885985817.gif
886KB, 175x144px
>>53036428
>half
It's like three very opinionated people at best.
>>
>>53036441
I don't think you understand how many fans of the Empire there have been since day one. If some of the newer polls and video game stats are any proof, I'd go as far to say Empire fans make up a slight majority in the worldwide fanbase. Even saying it's just three people on here is dumb.
>>
>>53035360
This makes me want to do a campaign based around tracking down the Ion Torpedoes/stopping the Empire from shutting down production or kidnapping the engineers.

...I may also be basing this on the Magpulse torpedo plots in TIE Fighter, which I also use to justify how completely caught offf guard the ISD was for that torpedo volley. If Ion Torpedoes are new (And Magpulse torpedoes WERE super new in TIE Fighter/XWA, only coming on scene AFTER Hoth.) it would explain why there was no doctrine for dealing with twelve fighters doing almost as much Ion damage as a planetary defense gun.

>>53036464
Yes, but that's broken up into subcategories like aesthetic preference for an admittedly awesome looking faction, vs people who do like the idea of the few good imperials trying to make the galaxy better despite the shitty management, vs specifically Remnant-focused fanboys, vs Tarkin/Palpatine did nothing wrong, muh dead ISD crewmen etc.
>>
>>53028677
FFG is really stingy wit giving Imperials anything without the word TIE in it's title.
>>
>>53036516
>Yes, but that's broken up into subcategories

And none of them are ruining the board or the generals. What ruins it are people bitching about them, like they're objectively wrong because their preferences clash. It's the same with the people crying about RLM. Shitposting is bad, yes, but just posting an image of Mike Stoklasa or someone saying they agreed with his review doesn't mean there's a shitpost invasion that's killing the thread and will become worse in the future.

It just means someone has an opinion or is posting an image of a Youtuber.
>>
>>53036516
>it would explain why there was no doctrine for dealing with twelve fighters
I think a big issue would have been that, in NuCanon at least, that was more rebels than anyone had seen in one battlespace at the time. The only thing close we've seen so far was Atollon, and the Imps routed the rebels, so they'd have little reason to prepare for a major head-on assault.

>>53036464
Most people, myself included, like the empire for their aesthetics or enjoyable characters. I'm willing to assume most of them aren't fans because they look to the Empire as a validation of fascist principles, which is what has been shitposted here for the last week.
>>
File: Raith Seinar Approved.jpg (152KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
Raith Seinar Approved.jpg
152KB, 800x576px
>>53036602
Buy my shit!

>Raith "I'm ri-atch bitch" Sienar
>>
>>53036637
>I'm willing to assume most of them aren't fans because they look to the Empire as a validation of fascist principles, which is what has been shitposted here for the last week.

Who cares if they do? Not singling you out, but I see it get brought up often/IE muh empire apologists.

Does someone on the internet having a political idea that you disagree with really trouble you that much? To the point that you have to call everything they say a shitpost and complain of them ruining these threads?

More people disagree on politics and religion than anything else in the world. You're going to find differing ideas everywhere. I don't get why that's worthy of so many posts complaining about it.
>>
>>53036626
>And none of them are ruining the board or the generals.
>the fascism apologists who won't stop shitposting aren't ruining threads

Hmm, yeah I totally see your point
>>
>>53036676
How does someone on the internet with a different political ideology they adhere to ruin anything for you? It's not like they're even forcing it down anyone's throats.
>>
>>53036626
Eh, I'd argue the PalpaTarkin Did Nothing Wrong shitposters are a blight.

I'm down to discuss other stuff though.

>>53036637
>I think a big issue would have been that, in NuCanon at least, that was more rebels than anyone had seen in one battlespace at the time. The only thing close we've seen so far was Atollon, and the Imps routed the rebels, so they'd have little reason to prepare for a major head-on assault.
True, but I do like the idea of the Ion Torpedoes as a very expensive, very niche superweapon, you're unlikely to have enough of them to both knock down the enemy's shield AND disable the ship afterwards, so it's a gambit to use them without capital ship support to do the battering.
>>
>>53036702
When they constantly redirect conversation to it I find it pretty shitty.
>>
>>53036702
This whole conversation this thread started with someone saying everyone in Rogue Squadron should be dead and only survive thanks to fanwank, then claimed TIE fighters were better one for one than X-wings, then claimed imperial servicemen didn't like each other and that idea was invented by the mouse, then claimed multiple TIE ace pilots were always better than Rogue squadron and that most decent TIE pilots gave them trouble, and when asked to cite sources for any of this said >>53025744 to no actual demonstration. When you refuse to cite sources, redirect suggestions and shit on the other side then pretend the other side is the one full of assholes for responding its hard to take their argument seriously.
>>
>>53036702
>It's not like they're even forcing it down anyone's throats.

Wow, /pol/ has gotten subtle lately, instead of autistic screeching it's just blatant hypocrisy
>>
>>53025076
WHAT
IS
THIS
>>
>>53036665
>Who cares if they do? I don't get why that's worthy of so many posts complaining about it.
I don't. The issue is all in the delivery. when the thread is spammed with

>Daily reminder the Imperials did nothing wrong
>Rebels would have lost if not for plot and being plucky heroes
>I bet an ISD could take an X-Wing in a 1v1 fight
>Lore is not movies, books or video games, except for TIE Fighter, because that supports my position

It is obnoxious. Even if i initially leaned towards your position, I'm supporting the other guy. But the big issue I have is that any discussion of the tabletop is buried under the shitposting and never sees the light of day.
>>
>>53036840
>>Lore is not movies, books or video games, except for TIE Fighter, because that supports my position
Other than the actual ship durability of TIE Fighter where you do indeed gank capital ships on the regular.
>>
>>53036702
>It's not like they're even forcing it down anyone's throats.
LIES
DECEPTIONS
EVERY DAY, MORE LIES
>>
>>53036819
It's pretty great. An /m/ guy did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
File: IMG_1167.jpg (316KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1167.jpg
316KB, 1000x1000px
Any of you here who paint your ships? If so, lets see them!
>>
File: f6f.jpg (51KB, 736x531px) Image search: [Google]
f6f.jpg
51KB, 736x531px
>>53024413
The Pacific War comparison is a good one - the flight choreography of the original trilogy deliberately mimicked WWII footage - but the Hellcat/Zero comparison is an unfair one for the Zero, since the Hellcat was not only more durable but actually outperformed the Zero (captured Zero fighters informed Grumman's design allowing them to engineer a fighter that countered the Zero in every category).

You may be thinking of the early-war matchup with the earlier F4F Wildcat, which follows the pattern you described. Another important point is that the quality of the American air wing stayed high over time not just due to the toughness of the Wildcat but also larger American pools of manpower, while the lack of armour and lack of self-sealing fuel tanks often resulted in a higher mortality rate among IJN pilots - conditions that are inverted in Star Wars.

I've also always felt the computer game renditions of X-wings should not be taken too literally either - reinforcing your shields to 200% allows you to take a pretty ungodly amount of fire or even a direct proton torpedo/concussion missile hit; whereas the films have far more delicate fighter craft (depending on plot armour as well too, of course). The strength of Alliance fighters in the video games is a gameplay concession in my opinion.
>>
File: f6f2.jpg (93KB, 584x853px) Image search: [Google]
f6f2.jpg
93KB, 584x853px
>>53037276
Another important note is that a general lesson of WWII for gun-armed fighters was that maneuverability and turn rate were not really all that useful, relatively speaking. In gravity, top speed, altitude, dive speed, and rate of climb allow a fighter to dictate the terms of engagement.

A fighter diving from above, shooting down a target in a high-side guns pass, then zoom-climbing back up isn't pretty and lacks the drama of tail-chase pursuit, but it is much more efficient. A fighter that sacrifices these aspects for turn rate becomes little more than a sitting duck, as the Zero became during the later years of the Pacific War (Japanese industry simply did not have the capacity to replace losses *and* retool lines to produce better and newer aircraft in quantity)..

In space, all these dynamics mean little, but then again "realistic" space combat looks nothing like Star Wars' space opera either.
>>
>>53037276
>I've also always felt the computer game renditions of X-wings should not be taken too literally either - reinforcing your shields to 200% allows you to take a pretty ungodly amount of fire or even a direct proton torpedo/concussion missile hit; whereas the films have far more delicate fighter craft (depending on plot armour as well too, of course). The strength of Alliance fighters in the video games is a gameplay concession in my opinion.
I disagree strongly, getting shields up that high is a pain on higher difficulties and they can still vanish pretty quickly. And remember on-screen they need to save time and only focus on the momentous occasions like killshots, so off-screen whittling is entirely possible.
>>
>>53034768
That's because french intelligence kicked them out of the cities very hard, by using illegal gambling dens and opium trafficking.

>>53036643
>still no warhead or big gun modifications
Life is suffering.
>>
>>53023938
My picky players only allow me to serve homemade guacamole with Costco tortilla chips.

There's a vegetarian, a guy with a lethal peanut allergy, a very lactose intolerant player, and every person seems to hate every other player's favorite food. Suffice to say snack and dinner options are limited.

There was a tea-totaling Mormon but he went on a mission. So now we get to drink coffee, cola's, and limed beers guilt free.
>>
So World's is now.

Anybody here actually go? What's the state of the meta for Armada going to look like? Is X-Wing a dying game?

>>53023938
My group has never had anything but fast food, soda, beer, and whatever snack comes in bags at the gas station. The replies to this post make me feel like I'm missing out.
>>
>>53029758
Answer: Yes, every problem can be solved with more torpedoes.

Examples include:
>How are we going to get them to lower their defensive shield?
>whos gonna take care of that cruiser?
>how are we gonna engage those TIEs outside gun range?
>how fast can you demo this city block?
>what are we gonna do with all these civilians?
>i wonder if you could hit that with a torpedo
>we have spare room in the armory, what shhould we put in there
>the atmory is now too full, how are you gonna get that in there?
>>
>>53029346
A buddy of mine from my local group did that. It's the Team America Decimator.

Hux would love it.
>>
Pew pew
>>
>>53036952
>literally a reverse mando fighter
Bravo ffg!
>>
File: zachary-madere-shitidontneed2.jpg (351KB, 1920x975px) Image search: [Google]
zachary-madere-shitidontneed2.jpg
351KB, 1920x975px
>>53039579

puh Pow
>>
>>53037334
What would actual starfighter combat look like, assuming neither side used missles?
>>
>>53037620
At Yavin, the pilots were ordered to set shields to double front and we're later given a first-person shot of a dive into the trench. During that first-person shot, multiple laser bolts fly towards the screen and explode, which can be taken to indicate that the Rebels did tank AA fire during the battle. Contrast the TIEs, which went down to 1-2 direct laser hits. Shields definitely did visibly improve starfighter durability.
>>
>>53039623
Yeah, except the Scyk existed years before the mando fighter, and also FFG has no input on the ships' visual design (except maybe the Imperial Raider).
>>
>>53039144
I'm flying out this afternoon. I'll be playing Imperial Assault and X-Wing.

I have no idea what Armada's meta looks like, I'll just be awestruck at actually seeing an Armada game played.

X-Wing is bigger than ever and shows no signs of slowing down. As a former 40k player I take no small amount of pleasure from reminding them of that.
>>
>>53040036
>I have no idea what Armada's meta looks like, I'll just be awestruck at actually seeing an Armada game played.
>X-Wing is bigger than ever and shows no signs of slowing down. As a former 40k player I take no small amount of pleasure from reminding them of that.

As an Armada player I feel the same way.

Although in my case it's because Armada is a good game with balanced units and intuitive rules without losing the depth and weird as fuck possible builds and variety.

Mostly I just try to convert X-Wing players to Armada though, because regardless of growth you still definitely outnumber us and in my opinion it's vastly the more fun game.
>>
>>53040117
I have a little collection of ships and I'd like to play, but there's, basically nobody to play with.
>>
>>53040308
Bummer. Try demoing it to your X-Wing usuals. For what it's worth, I think the core set is a really bad representation of the game.

I built my local scene myself, starting with me and a buddy and now we've got another two people who've joined in, but if we drive around an hour or so there's several shops where people play.

If you really want to, there's a fairly active Vassal community on the forums.
>>
>>53040379
After Worlds we're going to try the stuff we haven't had time for, namely the Corellian Conflict and an IA campaign.
>>
File: Maiale_at_gosport.jpg (29KB, 418x236px) Image search: [Google]
Maiale_at_gosport.jpg
29KB, 418x236px
>>53039702
The Starfighters would essentially be armed missiles. You'd have a dude sitting on top of a mountain of reaction mass, his craft bristling with weapons for long, medium and close engagement (as well as point defence). He and his opponent would speed towards each other, aware of each other for hours, if not days, testing each others defences, trying to catch each other by surprise with a tungsten railgun slug or a concentrated burst of light energy. Then, they'd pass, where most of the pilots on both sides would be killed as light energy weapons became practical. The survivors would flip-and-burn, a process which takes twice as long as it took for them to meet each other the first time, and do it again. More likely, the pilots would just keep accelerating away from each other, towards pre-designated pick-up points.

In real life, starfighters would be little better than the manned torpedoes of WWII. If you have the tech to make a starfighter, you have the tech to make thousands of missiles, which will achieve the same job more cost effectively. Ultimately, they just wouldn't be used.
>>
File: IMG-20170503-WA0011.jpg (423KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170503-WA0011.jpg
423KB, 2560x1536px
I just took pic related from the public library. My friends and I are huge fans of Star Wars but didn't like Age of Rebellion (we found it too limited).

I'm planning on running an infiltration mission, where the players must rescue two hostages and destroy a superweapon in the hands of a rogue force of clone commandos, who are led by a elite squad of ex-Republic mercenaries (basically Metal Gear Solid in spess, none of my friends have played it so there won't be any spoilers).

What do you think? Any tips?
>>
>>53041331
>D20
I can't suggest D20 in good faith, it's pretty mediocre. If you are dead set on not using AoR use WEG d6 and handmake or refluff everything
>>
>>53023251
>Why isn't this a hero in the Thrawn's Revenge mod
>>
>>53041331
Limited how so?
>>
>>53041424
D20 is pretty decent for full jedi stuff.

Since we're talking about rpgs, is there any good homebrew for WEG? Since it existed before the internet was a thing, I wonder if anything was widely available or if everybody did his thing in his own corner.
>>
>>53041788
You can only play in the Rebellion era (and maybe New Republic), and need to buy three basically identical rulebooks to have rebels, rogues and jedis in the game.
>>
>>53041894
Except for jedis, the talents are exactly the same. The only thing that changes between EotE and AoR is the order in which they are in the trees.
What a fucking rip off
>>
>>53041894
>You can only play in the Rebellion era (and maybe New Republic), and need to buy three basically identical rulebooks to have rebels, rogues and jedis in the game

That's not necessarily true. I've ran rebel centric games with EotE only and Ive ran a clone wars game in it. The game has everything you need to run and like converting WEG is just a matter of renamING enemy types to fit your story.
>>
>>53041020
What are ECM?
>>
>>53042044
Electronic Counter Measures.
>>
>>53039702
Actual Starfighter combat would require so many technological contrivances that you have to enumerate them all or it doesn't matter, because a slightly different set of assumptions will produce a wildly different outcome.

Take Gundam, for example. The UC and IBO timelines have different tech explanations for why humanoid robots are useful, and as such have very different tech therein. UC runs on lasers and willpower, while IBO runs on orbital kinetic bombardment and seizures.

For starters: why don't the ships just fly themselves? Why's a person in there in the first place?

If you want the reason to be "because the Force", that gives a certain set of ramifications. If you want the reason to be "because droids are too analytical or predictable" or "because hyperlane travel scrambles microchips" or something, then you get different outcomes.
>>
New article on engineer source book is up.
>>
>>53042044
They're less effective in space than they are in atmosphere. Your opponent has literally days to work out targeting trajectories, and without atmospheric interference, any traditional jamming will actually make you stand out more.

EW is more interesting, but I chose not to engage with it in that example.
>>
>>53041894
>>53041944
I'd recommend WEG D6, it's fairly light on the items due to being the literal first source of Legends Lore but the supplements fix it up a bit. I'd recommend 1e over 2e since it feels more like Star Wars and is far less chrunchy.
>>
>>53036952
I just got a few ships fro mthe command line of toys, for hella cheap, and plan on painting them, anyone ever done the same?
>>
File: swa47_frame_templates.png (453KB, 700x472px) Image search: [Google]
swa47_frame_templates.png
453KB, 700x472px
>>53042297

Well then.
>>
>>53041872
There's a lot of WEG homebrew stuff around, it's just hard to find, because so much of it was uploaded to people's personal webpages (remember those?) rather than anything big, though there's the rancorpit forums, which have a lot of stuff
>>
>>53042680
Are walkers really more complicated than speeders?
>>
>>53042774

Frame wise? probably. A speeder is a vaguely car or small plane shaped thing and usually has a pretty uniform design, a walker's gonna have a body and then some big ol' moving legs to attach. They might also start at different SIL which could explain the difference more.

Note that they aren't more complicated necessarily, it's the same difficulty of check between airspeeder and walker, just the walker frame takes longer base.
>>
>>53042741
Anything you'd recommend in particular?
>>
File: hunter3[1].jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hunter3[1].jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
The TIE Hunter is supposed to have S-foils, but how do those wings fold? I always see them in an X position.
>>
File: TIEHunter-RS3.jpg (22KB, 260x180px) Image search: [Google]
TIEHunter-RS3.jpg
22KB, 260x180px
>>53043114
Same way that the X-wing's foils fold. Those rectangular bits in between the wings on your image aren't supposed to be there. They'd block the foils.
>>
File: tie hunter folded.png (232KB, 654x586px) Image search: [Google]
tie hunter folded.png
232KB, 654x586px
>>53043204
The other option is pretty slick.
>>
File: spacetrooper 1.png (2MB, 736x1514px) Image search: [Google]
spacetrooper 1.png
2MB, 736x1514px
thoughts?
>>
>>53024295
AoR, but with this chart.

>>53024417
Except, in this case, you are very incorrect. TIE pilots were intentionally kept like starving lions in Clockwork Orange-tier quarters that kept them on edge and vicious, while their superiors goaded them into rivalries and hatred of their fellow pilots.

>TIE pilots on duty were deliberately kept emotionally unstable and in a constant state of insecurity. This was believed to let them fight more efficiently, although it frequently caused trouble in their interpersonal relationships. They were a closely knit group and tended to stick to their own kind, avoiding others in social interaction. The Imperial Navy considered this an acceptable tradeoff for their flight performance. Internal rivalries between the mainstay pilots of the Imperial Navy and the TIE pilots assigned to the Imperial Army branch via the ground support wings were considered "legendary" and resulted in the derisive nicknames of "Vac-Heads" and "Ground-Hogs," respectively. Cantina owners separated them in their cantinas after learning the nature of their rivalry via violent encounters. Although they did have a close-knit relationship among their own kind, they also placed the mission above even aiding any threatened wingmen.

And Groundhogs are a shit and only get that duty because they get scared of the inky blackness.
>>
>>53041894
You can play in nearly any major era on any side with AoR. Just replace "rebel" with "imperial" or "separatist" or "clone" or "jedi" or "sith" or "mercenary" or "black sun" or "republic" or you get the idea.
>>
>>53044181
>all this fanfiction greentext

I mean, it's not canon and I don't recall it ever being canon, but if it perpetuates the myth of a bad Empire to serve under that's mean and evil, have at it.
>>
>>53044039
>9 points
>target lock
>bomb
>torpedo
>missile
Fuck no, imagine eight of those with Guidance Chips and PRockets or the like. It'd be the world's dumbest munitions skew list.
>>
>>53044181
>>53044254
It's dumb, but it's actually not that "evil" come to think of it. It sounds no different from some very strict branches of real-life militaries, past or present. If anything it kinda slaps that dumb meme in the face, since it admits the pilots performed better and built very strong, albiet few, bonds.
>>
>>53044299
Couldn't adapt the point cost on the card, it's an algorythm.
>>
>>53044254
Are you really still whining about the Mouse, fag? TIE Pilots being a bunch of coked-up space cowboys that were living for thrills and actually objected to a proposition made to give the TIE fighters shields and life support when some higher-ups in the Navy thought it might be a wise idea is the dream. That's why so many people love the fuck out of TIE pilots and it's why schmucks like me join the 501st.

TIE pilots were like sharks, which actually isn't that unlike a lot of armed forces in Eastern Europe. There's nothing evil about keeping your pilots who live and die by twitch reflexes on-edge and ready for combat. You allow them to relax and get comfortable, they might get sloppy in the cockpit. But you keep their sleep irregular, you agitate interpersonal relationships, you keep them separated from the rest of their base or ship, you keep cycling them through new ships, then you know those fuckers are going to savages when they get strapped into their harness are sent into combat.

And above all, it keeps everything disposable. Their ship is disposable. Their squad-mates are disposable. They are disposable. The only thing that you can't throw away is the mission.

t. TI-10550
>>
>>53044254
Most is that is straight from a very canon short story from the PoV of a TIE squadron discussing their situation in between bar fights with other squadrons immediately post-Yavin, wondering why they've been hitting suspected Rebel hideouts all day - without any target intel or confirmation that their target was for sure a Rebel safe house, as their frontman who lost his wingmen to an exploding fuel cache notes.
Then their wing commander shows up to announce that the "DS1 strategic platform" has been destroyed by "Rebel hostilities" and tells them everyone's getting reassigned immediately.
>>
File: 1488165176130.gif (2MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1488165176130.gif
2MB, 288x288px
>>53044447
>without any target intel or confirmation that their target was for sure a Rebel safe house

Mean nasty Imperials doing mean nasty things because here at Disney we have no sense of moral ambiguity and think fans are too stupid to consider both sides being good or having merits or even both sides being bad. We need more stories of rebel forces attacking civilian targets and committing atrocities, because realistically, they would, and they did, far more than the Empire.
>>
>>53044547

Oh, hey Hux.
How's it going?
>>
>>53044547
>why won't the nucanon or legends evidence that exists show that my opinion is correct??
>CLEARLY NOT ENOUGH CONTENT IS THE PROBLEM!!!
>>
>>53044581
In fairness, there is a lot more Rebel-sided content than Imperial-sided.
>>
>>53044605
Yeah but it's not like the imperial-focused stuff is that much more flattering. Just because some opinions are relative doesn't mean that all opinions are equally valid
>>
>>53044629
Yep, that's the unfortunate thing. It's what makes it even funnier to see people get assblasted over wanting more Imperial-sided content. There's 10 stories that are for the Rebels and 1 that's for the Empire and they bitch about Empirefags hijacking the fandom.
>>
>>53044683
At least we have that fan-made TIE fighter short, I guess? Higher in quality than most of the official shit that's coming out now, anyways.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
>>
>>53044782
I wish they'd get that guy on to do some Imperial POV stories. He seems to both really know and really love his shit, and damn, every time that sexy fucking fapworthy ISD gets ready to open fire, I get chills of awesomeness.
>>
>>53044683
I have never seen this. What I have seen is Empirefags constantly bringing up the same dumb argument again and again and again.

Like the Empire? Cool. I think the empire has a cool aesthetic and like roleplaying as the officers. I'm excited for battlefront II to have an imperial focused campaign since I liked the campaign from OG battlefront II. More imperial focused books would be sweet. I'd even be stoked to see a cool alt universe Empire or some sweet Fel Empire fan content, especially Imperial knights.

But if you say stuff like
>The Empire are the real heroes!
or
>Authoritarianism is the best government type!
or
>Palps had the galaxy's best interest at heart the whole time!
you will be challenged. There really isn't evidence for that, and it seems like no matter how the argument is presented the answer is pretty much
>Lel killing millions isn't wrong they terrorists

Sorry you're special snowflake ideology isn't popular
>>
>>53044897
Why do you get so defensive over it? Is Antifa really lurking on and shitting up these threads? Who gives a shit if someone is fascist or not? If someone thinks the Empire is the good guy, let them. You don't have to agree. I wouldn't care if fucking outright Nazis or Communists were posting here about what faction they loved. As long as they're not trying to force everyone to agree with them, no one should care what they believe.

>inb4 "but they made a post saying 'reminder the empire is good' and that memepost means they want to force everyone to agree with them"
>>
>>53044897
>excited for battlefront II
Opinion disregarded right here. And look, you're just another whiny Antifag.
>>
>>53044897
The anon you're answering to isn't shitting up the thread.
You,on the other hand...
>>
>>53044961
>get called for pushing unfounded opinions/interpretations based on contextless "evidence"/assorted shitposting
>lol ANTIFA up in here amirite
>>>/Facebook/
>>
File: 1489994052973.gif (2MB, 470x437px) Image search: [Google]
1489994052973.gif
2MB, 470x437px
>>53045045
>>
File: Qui-Gon-Serenity.jpg (131KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Qui-Gon-Serenity.jpg
131KB, 800x800px
Emperor Malgus did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Robotnikftw.jpg (30KB, 324x311px) Image search: [Google]
Robotnikftw.jpg
30KB, 324x311px
>>53045045
>>
>>53044961

Personally I dont give a fuck except the guy keeps fucking bringing it up every single thread, over and over.
Just drops TARKIN DID NOTHIGN WROGN into actual discussions of actual canon, when no one else wants his headcanon.
>>
>>53045260
>no one else
Not everyone thinks the Empire is the bad guy though. If anything these threads show that quite a few people think the opposite.
>>
>>53045287

That's the thing - they dont show that.
They show a lot of people who say "But I think the Empire's cool, why are you hating on me"
A bunch who then say "we dont, just this fag"
And then there's just him sitting in the corner screaming "TARKIN DID NOTHING WRONG, ALDERAAN WAS A PLANET OF 5 BILLION TERRORISTS, PALPATINE IS A HERO"
>>
File: IMG_1837.jpg (43KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1837.jpg
43KB, 640x426px
>>53045151
May the Force of others be with you.
>>
>>53045151
didn't he kill his waifu tho?
>>
>>53045260
To his credit, though, Tarkin really didn't. If anything, Tarkin was too soft by attempting to crush the rebellion through fear. The moment you try to make the Rebels nothing more than bugs to be squashed is the moment that you allow them to surprise you. Keep the Tarkin Doctrine all you want, but you need to aggressively instill hatred for the Rebellion along all strata of Imperial life.

The cantina owner, the droid repairman, the moisture farmer, these all need to see the Rebellion as a bunch of violent, murderous terrorists doggedly following an emotionless cult that should have been exterminated years ago rather than rag-tag bunch of misfits and renegades unwilling to sign up to the new order. The trooper, the pilot, the computer technician, these all need to see it as their righteous duty to purge the rebellion from the galaxy rather than simply have fun blowing shit up and stomping around strange planets. The moff, the admiral, the general, these all need to see it as tantamount to the survival of their way of life that the rebellion be squashed beneath their boot and cleansed by fire rather than an insignificant threat to be dealt with as any other mundane chore.
>>
>>53045312
.......And who cares if they do believe that? I fail to see why it's an issue.
>>
File: urbanmech prototype.jpg (5MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
urbanmech prototype.jpg
5MB, 2480x3508px
>Setting has widely available walker tech
>Sequel era walker tech has barely changed visually from the Rebellion era
Star Wars battlemechs fucking when, Disney?
>>
>>53045535
Or.. and stay with me this is fucking nuts... what if instead of terrorizing your own people with Death Stars you actually provided the peace, order and prosperity that is ostensibly the whole point?
>>
>>53045599
Because it's wrong-think, my friend. In our enlightened progressive society, we punch Nazis* in the face for wrong-think. And there's no reason not to belittle people and harass them online for the same thing.

*As long as someone disagrees with your beliefs, they are probably a Nazi, so just give 'em a good punching to be on the safe side.
>>
>>53045612
Palps needed his super-weapons and his militaristic society to fight off the Vong, so he did what he had to do.

Also, it's not as though doomsday machines were the first item on the Imperial budget, but evolving resistance is met with evolving force. And by pretty much all accounts, if you were fine by living under Imperial rule, you lived just fine. The Inner and Mid-Rim worlds under Imperial control were fine, and the violence and poverty endemic to the Outer Rim persisted but with at least some form of law and order aside from Hutt justice and the safety of a blaster pistol.
>>
>>53045623
>Challenging people on their beliefs and asking for evidence instead of buzzwords is the same as physical violence

And you guys think liberals are the safe space pussys
>>
>>53045623
>le /pol/ defense force

Yeah, fighting people who believe in denigrating others and stripping them of rights is pretty damn American desu.
>>
>>53045695
>it's not as though doomsday machines were the first item on the Imperial budget, but evolving resistance is met with evolving force

Constructing the Death Star is literally the last scene of revenge of the Sith. In fact the plans were already around at the start of the clone wars.
>>
>>53045714
>>53045727
>macing handicapped women, throwing bottles at children, and randomly punching people on the street because they think differently than you is a good way to behave
Ok
>>
>>53045803
It takes a certain type of person to remember the L.A. Riots as a good time.
>>
>>53045695
Palpatine had the Geonosians planning out the Death Star for "Lord Sidious" years before the Empire was even officially on the books. Palpatine, who presumably knew the dull unwashed masses of the galaxy had a history of rising up and overthrowing the Sith imperial master race for walking all over their lives, never had any delusion that his Empire was going to be a quiet and peaceful place.
>>
>>53045803
>Look at what these people who disagree with me did!
>You disagree with me!
>Clearly you fully endorse everyone who has ever disagreed with me!
>>
>>53045803
Antifaggots will always be worse than Faggots, even Nazis.
>>
>>53045599

Becuase he doesnt 'just think it'.
He turns every thread into a shit show by autistically screaming it at every opportunity.
>>
>>53045943
Why does anyone posting it make you so mad?

I still do not see the point, and from what I've seen, the autistic screaming doesn't come from him/them...
>>
File: IMG_1838.jpg (40KB, 364x234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1838.jpg
40KB, 364x234px
All this "Empire good, Rebels bad" trolling got my mind on a tangent; how well do you guys think a modified Les Misérables story would work in the GCW setting?
Javert could pass for an Imperial officer no problem.
>>
Pro Empire posters are just trolls who get off on (you)s if you starve them out they will leave and shitpost in a 40K or AoS thread.
>>
>>53045974

>lmao ur autistic
Very clever anon, good job.

As I said, I dont give a shit if he wants to post his objectively non-canon opinions. Like, shit, he's welcome to them.

The problem is that he wont fucking stop, and it always just starts more and more shit like this around it.
>>
>>53045623
This right here.

Five years ago Empire posters were all over the Star Wars threads, and everyone chilled and posted sensibly and it was great.

But in 2017 you're not allowed to believe what we don't believe.
>>
>>53045990
>non-canon opinions

It's very subjective as to whether or not one views the actions of the Empire as evil, because it's based on opinion, not objective fact, because opinions cannot be objective. Unless you believe that someone's sense of morality should be explicitly fed to them and thinking of their own or questioning it is a bad thing.
>>
>>53045943
Sort of like you've done in this thread?
>>
>>53045990
One post from an Empire anon results in ten posts of Rebel/Antifa/non-Empire/whatever anons complaining about it.

You might want to step back and consider who in fact is shitting up these threads.
>>
Let this be a vision to future OP. If you turn your back on the Masters of RLM, Antifaggots shall sprout in your threads and devoted /pol/acks will follow. Embrace the Rich Evans, and be thankful for that Juicy Shaq Meat.
>>
>>53045983
Are you me? I came up with all this shit for that
>>
>>53046040

Forgive us, Mike, for we have sinned.
>>
File: IMG_0861.jpg (324KB, 1800x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0861.jpg
324KB, 1800x738px
On that day, /swg/ received a grim reminder.
/tv/ shitposters feed off (You)s and reproduce asexually
>>
File: 1490615831081.png (269KB, 1230x569px) Image search: [Google]
1490615831081.png
269KB, 1230x569px
In hopes of stemming the idiocy brought to this place, let's post shipfus

Cavern Angels or Blue Squadron?
>>
File: Merrick-SW_Authentics.png (310KB, 394x399px) Image search: [Google]
Merrick-SW_Authentics.png
310KB, 394x399px
>>53046119

Blue Squadron for sure.
>>
>>53045607
I like technological stasis in my star wars. It's not a setting about scientific advancement IMO.
>>
File: kreiaapp.jpg (54KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
kreiaapp.jpg
54KB, 583x583px
>>
>>53046198
I have to say, I've never played in a setting where technological advancement played a major role. I've played in settings with firearms revolutionizing warfare, but I've never played in a setting where the level of tech progresses over the course of multiple campaigns. The only system I can even think of where the advancement of technology can be well represented is in GURPS, with their whole tech level stuff. I mean, Shadowrun is supposed to be cyberpunk, but they always nerf tech (see wireless and nanotech) so that they don't have to actually change the setting.
>>
File: 1484788243859.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1484788243859.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
>>
File: ansel-hsiao-hunter10.jpg (219KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ansel-hsiao-hunter10.jpg
219KB, 1920x1200px
>>53046119
>>
File: 1488452230730.jpg (117KB, 736x814px) Image search: [Google]
1488452230730.jpg
117KB, 736x814px
>>
File: B-wing-Star_Destroyer.jpg (309KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
B-wing-Star_Destroyer.jpg
309KB, 1680x1050px
>>53046119
Gimme the pew pew waifu
>>
File: TIE_Defender.png (498KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
TIE_Defender.png
498KB, 800x640px
>>53046119
I love that it is a pure air superiority and while it came earlier in rebels than I would like,
I think it was represented well
>>
>>53046470
It does bother me that they're bringing in the resource hog before the loss of the Death Star made the need for high quality multi-role fighters and better interceptors apparent to the upper ranks of the Empire, but I guess Thrawn's shtick is being ahead of the game at all times.
>>
>>53043114
>>53043204
>>53043313
Holy shit that *IS* slick, I like them a lot more now.
>>
>>53046401
keelah se'lai
>>
>>53046338
Now THAT is spooky.
>>53046533
And skipping the Star Wing and Avenger.

>Ballarat Sarsden
Why thank you Captcha, that is a great Star Wars name.
>>
Say what you want about tfa but the Finalizer is the epitome of SD designs
>>
>>53046798
>Epitome
But it doesn't even look like KDY finished building it.
>>
>>53046750

Well, skipping is debatable. We only see the TAP/Adv and the Defender, but Pablo also was careful not to just dump the whole development history of the Defender out there when it was in the previews. That sounds like intentional wiggle room to expand if they need to.

Plus, the Defender seems like it's still in the /x7 phase, there's no mention of the traditional Ion cannons or warhead launchers, just that it has a lot of heavy laser cannons.
>>
>>53046822
Open hanger to show that Resurgent class SDs are dedicated carriers as well as front line battleships
>>
>>53046822

Exactly.
Consdering how easily SD's die, evidently KDY were seriously shortchanging the Empire on their construction.

So they took it one step further - sell half-finished star destroyers as a 'new design' and make bank.
>>
>>53046798
TFA ships were neat, too bad JJ can't do space cinematography.
>>
>>53046750
>Star Wing
desu I think, in rebels at least, it would be out of place up until the season 3 finale as it is more of an anti-capital heavy hitter so it would be out of place until the rebel fleet has amassed.
>>
>>53046798
Not a fan of the asymmetrical bridge, but I do like the WW2 "Battleship conversion Aircraft Carrier" look of the two decks.
>>
>>53044386
>keep their sleep irregular, you agitate interpersonal relationships
>you keep them separated from the rest of their base or ship
>you keep cycling them through new ships

This sounds like an atrocious recipe for turning out high quality and skilled fighter pilots. Humans operate better when well rested. Having strength of numbers is only effective if units work together in teams. Lack of interpersonal trust is the number one thing that will jeopardize the mission. Quality of crew is also one thing that isn't easily replaced compared to machinery, so keeping pilots alive is generally a good thing.
>>
>>53046893

Yeah, the Assault Gunboat is just that - a gunship. It is a mixed strike craft with emphasis on attack craft functions; it moves ordnance.

The Defender, especially the early prototypes in Rebels, are pure Space "fuck you no fighter ops for rebel scum" Superiority.
>>
>>53046855
>Those limpdicks over at Kuat are trying to sell us half-finished ships! I'll show them!
>Sir I don't think that's why-
>SNIFF- Don't-sniff- don't apologize for those cretins. What we need is vision! Something that hides their poor showmanship! THAT'S IT!!!
>
>...what's it?
>FUCKING PANELS! We cover the empty slots with solar panels for maximum efficiency and trademark Sienar look! Then we don't even need to make the ships we can just sell the spare panels!
WE'VE SAVED THE EMPIRE!
>>
>>53047000

Raith, please put down the glitterstim.
When they said they needed a man with vision, they didnt mean a man having visions.
>>
>>53046798
>>53046822
>>53046854
I feel like if I wanted to simulate the First Order in Thrawn's Revenge/Imperial civil War it may be best to play Pentastar since Resurgents seem akin to Praetors. The extra (OP as fuck vs Chiss) range on their cannons could represent the Kyber boosting etc. Fighter compliment's not big enough and the ship itself is still too large.
>>
>wookieepedia shows its true colors
>>
>>53047170
DUDE
BENDU
LMAO
>>
>>53047170
That's links to "Fandom" which is stupid theorycrafting clickbait bullshit for normies. Ignore the "Today in Fandom" sidebars at all cost.
>>
>>53047269
I know I just saw it and thought of /swg/
>>
>>53036952
I'm way too scared I'll fuck up to try
>>
>>53029862
Holy SHIT Sprey would absolutely work for Sienar how did I not realize this before
>>
New Thread?
>>
>>53047750
No, not yet.
>>
File: 54654.png (469KB, 631x606px) Image search: [Google]
54654.png
469KB, 631x606px
>>53036952
I don't have much other than a few painted X-Wing and TIE-fighter squadrons and Vic with a little bit of red painjob over the basic colours.

By the way, how good of a purchase new light carrier would be for a beginning imp player? My LGS has started taking preorders and I'm wondering if it's a good buy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (125KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
125KB, 1920x1080px
>>53047750
>>53047791

almost there...
>>
File: MAF.png (140KB, 575x381px) Image search: [Google]
MAF.png
140KB, 575x381px
Stat me for Edge
http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Droid_Assault_Flyer
>>
>>53047750
Stay on target
>>
>>53047841
You genuinely made me laugh.
Man I love the Death Star run, I remember first seeing it when I was little. Good times, damn good times.
>>
>>53048085
THEY'RE TOO CLOSE!
>>
>>53048287
Use the force Luke
>>
Make the next thread a full break, this one almost worked but linking back was a mistake
>>
>>53048310
Now THIS is podracing!
>>
>>53048310
>He switched off his targeting computer
Hey fuck face what the hell?!?!
>>
>>53048333
Trip 3s confirm. It's time.
>>
>>53048409

New thread
>>
>>53046798
When I actually got a good look at the Resurgent class I immediately fell in love with it, it's a big, nasty thug of a ship and it's not at all ashamed about it, perfect compliment for the FO.
>>
>>53045607
I literally just bought an action fleet atat off ebay I'm going to batteltech up.
Thread posts: 368
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.