[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Guy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 40

File: Skyrim_Loc_Khajiit_Riften_Camp.jpg (232KB, 1211x732px) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim_Loc_Khajiit_Riften_Camp.jpg
232KB, 1211x732px
>So, last D&D session.
>GM time-skips the travel time a bit, more than fine.
>Asks if we wanna do anything for the first week.
>Goes 'round, people say standard stuff like crafting items, whatever.
>Gets to the Ranger, he simply says that he wants to steal the horses, run ahead and warn the next town over of our arrival because apparently doom travels with us.
>Be me.
>Playing a Paladin charged with protecting the party.
>Ranger succeeds on his checks, steals the horses, rushes to the next town, warns them of our coming and makes sure the gates are shut to us.
>An hour is wasted trying to sort this out, but the gates are opened.
>He's gonna do this for every settlement along the way.
>Tfw.

Whelp. Fun sessions ahoy for me. Cast judgement, join in with my bitching or whatever. Hell, if you guys would suggest Oath of Devotion Paladin flavored vengeance, go for it.

That Guy thread I guess.
>>
>>53018534
In character actions:
- Does the ranger have an actual reason for doing this or just being a dick?
- If you know it's him ic, challenge to a duel and/or kill him. He's insulted your honor.

Out of Character:
-Confront the player and tell him to cut his shit.
-Talk to the gm, kinda seems like the player is being a dick and taking away from the sessions.
>>
>>53018560
The IC reason is that during his time with the party, whatever settlements we've gone to have for the most part, got fucked after our arrival (we do have a demon army on our tail).

Therefore he thinks that's it better if we've just barred from getting inside the walls like pariahs.

GM has said, "It's his character. I can't tell him he's DOING IT WRONG."

The Player won't cut his shit. He's been going with this storyline for a bit but has never acted on it IC until now. Said it would be 'interesting' and since he's making sure that there are little stalls set up outside the town walls/whatever he's doing nothing wrong.

In fact he's doing the most Lawful thing ever (the Ranger is LN). Despite the fact that the Ranger's superior has told him to cut that shit out.

As for the duel, I'm tempted to wait for the Tempted Soul to crack first.
>>
>>53018622
*Favored Soul
>>
>>53018622
I just say ditch him. Kick his character off the party. After all, it's what your characters would do.

>>53018534
>That Guy thread I guess.

>playing nWoD Vampire when it was fresh
>That Guy is the GM
>accepts everyone and anyone
>lets a 14 yo kid play a fishmalk serial killer
>lets edgelord play a VII aligned custom clan
>throws hundreds of storylines at us and forgets about them next session
>suddenly Cthulhu rises from the sea because of kid & edgelord shenanigans
>nobody but the kid goes to the next session

I'm pretty sure he was just running games just to see how much bullshit a person can endure.
>>
>>53019200
What I find weird is the player is usually pretty alright as a player. Must be the D&D tard catching on.
>>
>>53018622
Literally just kick the ranger from the party. Congrats to the player his character is now an npc, time to make a new one.

Demon army on your trail, because walls are going stop that.

Also, why do all these towns believe the ranger? He's a random stranger riding in, probably wild eyed screaming about a demon army.

Depending how much time the ranger is wasting as well and your group, just show signs of boredom, pull out your phone, etc. Don't split the party because it's boring for those not involved.
>>
I don't think he is being a That Guy. His IC reasoning is sound, and he even goes out of his way to make the inconvenience to the party lessened by getting them to set up stalls for you. Is the Demon army hunting you specifically? In that case he may very well be completely in the right, and it's something your paladin should consider. And if he is wrong, prove it to him, completely bypass a town the long way and if the town is still destroyed he will realize he had mistaken the nature of the threat. Alternatively, it could prove him right.

Or you can kill his character with your paladin for the IC reason of being an inconvenience and complain about him on the internet. Both That Guy things to do.
>>
>>53018534
>>53018622
Eh, I can see what his character is thinking, so deal with it in character. Probably by looking back on the razed remains of the first town you walk past.

Just think about it. If his character thinks he is responsible for the deaths of countless people just so he can have a comfy bed for a night, then his actions are very reasonable.

Interact in character, figure that shit out, have a richer roleplay experience because of it. This is half the fun in the game.
>>
>>53018534
>ranger goes to warn next town
>party ditches him in the meantime
>comes back to empty camp
>wizard casts fly so no tracks to follow
>>
>>53018534
>pic
Is he a furry?
>>
>>53022406

>Ranger goes to next town
>Party heads to a completely different town
>Party heads to a completely different region
>Party heads to a completely different plane
>Ranger left a sputtering madman, riding on forever warning peaceful villages of imminent threats and demon armies, though none ever seem to show up

Could also just direct him to a deep wilderness or place where he's unlikely to escape easily, or better yet a place where the horses are likely to get their legs broken and strand the Ranger, and head the opposite direction so you'll have a head start.
>>
>>53018534
Do this OP:
>>53022406
>>53022634
>>
>>53018534
>be alchemist
>walking through the street in a secret mission
>suddenly a lady offers me tea
>politely say no
>DM: she isn't inviting you, you go and drink tea
>okay.jpg
>keep advancing
>sometime later a man offers a ride
>say no
>DM:you enter into the car
>what
>DM:the guy quickly leaves the car, locking the doors
>wtf
>DM:you see that there is a bomb under your foot, who will explode if you move. What do you do?
>spend the rest of the session trying to defuse a bomb

This game didn't go past session 1. I wonder why.
>>
>>53022107
He's a stranger with a shit ton of money to bribe 'em with.

>>53022318
Not being hunted. Can't really bypass towns because of the railroad. Do I have to apologise for a bit of bellyaching? Because we were on the way to PLOT but pretty much nothing happened that session. Hell, the GM ruled that we got 0 XP from it.

>>53022364
We've had enough infighting already, and that's all will come out of this little stunt, unfortunately.

>>53022634
The railroad is strong. xD
>>
>>53023718
Time to bring this train out of rails then.

Crash it with no survivors!
>>
>>53023817
And to think I was gonna be nice to the newb GM...
>>
>>53023834
It'll be worse when the campaign ends (if it even gets to that point) and he finds out no one was having fun and it was all his fault. I've fucked up in DMing before and it's better to get called out on your shit while it's happening so you can try to fix it than only finding out after it was over and feeling like you wasted everyone's time.
>>
File: hold_the_fucking_phone.png (51KB, 415x264px) Image search: [Google]
hold_the_fucking_phone.png
51KB, 415x264px
>>53018534
Yeah he's gone too far. This is the kind of shit that really irritates me as a player. I've had to deal with it before, and trust me, it's not pretty. Now, I know you are a paladin and thus Lawful Good, but there might be another party member who might be annoyed by this bullshit as well. Specifically, a wizard or sorcerer, and one with fewer moral scrupules as yourself. Now, this is a stretch, but try to find out if the ranger has any family. Maybe do a divination spell or scrying or some other shit. Then, the wizard can find the nearest family member, preferably a lover, even better a childhood lover, as that is linked to deep primal psyche shit. Deal with them as you please. A wizard should be able to come up with something pretty good. Grease plus burning hands makes for a fairly agonizing death. Or use hold person and tie them up before torturing them to death. Whatever it is, make sure the wizard is watching carefully, as the next step is to cast Nightmare.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/nightmare.htm

This spell allows you to send a nightmare to any creature in unlimited range. Next time the ranger sleeps, he will see in his dreams his beloved being raped, cut apart, left to die slowly. Or his brother slaughtered in cold blood. Or his mother blasted apart by magic missiles. Whichever. Then when he awakens, he will realize he is responsible for their deaths, by being a fucking twat. Or he'll make more trouble for you. Either way, your group will get off scot-free. You might have to kill the wizard, too, but the ranger will be out of the way, and honestly losing a couple characters to get rid of one annoying prick is not that bad. I once wiped out three characters of a group because the fourth was annoying me, so it could be worse.
>>
>>53024379
Main problem is that I don't think any of our spellcasters have access to the 5e knockoff of that spell yet.
>>
>>53024379
Also I think his family was killed during the not mafia raid on the dwarven city he was from.
>>
So I guess I have a That DM story?

Kinda long and we were all betas but goddamn.

I went to my local game shop's roleplay night with my boyfriend. There were six of us players and then the DM. All of us were couples, me and my boyfriend, another girl and her boyfriend and two guys who were obviously dating. The DM said we'd be playing an All Flesh Must Be Eaten hack meant to be played in a medieval setting; so far so good.

Then he said he had forgotten the rulebook at home so we'd have to improvise. First red flag. We ignored it in favor of trying to have a good night (and also because we got there late so all of the tables were already full except for this one.) Right before we start, the DM insists on getting me to switch seats with the two gay guys so I'm sitting closest to him. I refuse, because that would mean I'd be two seats away from my bf and that substracts from the fun for me.

Then he pressures the other girl into doing it, she looks at her boyfriend and then at the rest of the players, waiting for us to say something. The gay guys are obviously weirded out but not doing anything, my boyfriend tries to cut in with "Hey, how about everyone stays where they are?"; the DM snaps at him and tells him to shut up.

I'm getting more worried, everyone's looking distressed but since nobody's saying anything, I decide to stay quiet. The girl moves her seat next to the DM. Character building rolls around; the girl writes a (fairly generic) tomboy character who -- in her own words -- "isn't trans or anything but she prefers to go by a guy's name and wear guy clothes". So she wanted to be called Sam, but her name was Samantha, that type of shit. The DM refuses to take this and actually mocks her for it, passing the sheet around to everyone in the table in an effort to try and get us to laugh.

We're all uncomfortable by now but too deep to back off, or at least that's how I felt.
>>
>>53024853

It goes by pretty innocent, I'm a cleric and my bf is a wizard, the gays are a fighter and a barbarian, the other couple are a rogue and a paladin.

We eventually run into a cow and the DM decides to show hands-first how the cow acts by rubbing and feeling the girl's arms, shoulder and waist. We're uncomfortable, the gay Barbarian quips something like "Does the cow want to fuck her too? I'm right next to it!"

The DM shrugs and says something with a double entendre, something like "It'd touch you too but you might get excited." The DM is an overweight, bald man with the single grossest neckbeard I've ever seen and he's assuming everyone will get turned on by his touch or something, okay.

Needless to say the girl and her boyfriend leave after sharing desperate glances at each other, leaving just 4 of us. The fun was just about to begin.

The barbarian and fighter are actually decent RPrs and their characters are also a couple. The DM says that this is the medieval times so gay relationships are frowned upon. The Barbarian interrupts again and says "We're both way stronger than the average person, who cares?" This pisses the DM out big time.

He railroads the Fighter away from the party and into an open field with a treasure lying right in front of the mud. He says he doesn't take it, his character is more like a monk than a warrior so he doesn't care for earthly needs. The DM says "We'll go back to the group so you can make up your mind." "I made up my mind. I don't wanna grab it." "It's a lot of money!!!" "So?!"
>>
>>53023718
This sounds more like a That DM thing. Inter-party discussion about moral obligations shouldn't be forced, but he should be engaging you in it more. When characters manage to deal with significant obstacles (even non-combat ones), they should receive some amount of XP, NPC favor, or something.

If he's building up to that, he might wanna tell you OOC that there'll be a payoff to what otherwise looks like him unable to do anything but his set plot.
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 78x90px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 78x90px
>>53024379
>>
I have a that DM that literally lead to my Male character's rape and had to make wisdom saving throws to not get turned on.

Had two kids because of it.
>>
>>53024527
>Also I think his family was killed

Of course they were.....
>>
>>53018622
>GM has said, "It's his character. I can't tell him he's DOING IT WRONG."
Fuck that noise. The GM is there to make sure in-character but highly disruptive actions that no one else will enjoy don't occur.
>>
>>53018622
I am a GM that lets players play however they want, and I have had stuff like this. I encourage the other characters to play how their character would react, and if that means killing them then that's how it's gonna be settled.

You can act like a jackass and do whatever you want, but not everyone is gonna like that.
>>
File: indian_wolf_by_playfurry-d4tcv6t.jpg (183KB, 900x1277px) Image search: [Google]
indian_wolf_by_playfurry-d4tcv6t.jpg
183KB, 900x1277px
>>53025112
I had a DM do the same with me.

I wouldn't call him that DM through, since it was a nice wolfkin who just wanted children. But no way I could oblige being a paladin, so...
>>
>>53018534
>That guy sperged out when his character almost died twice in two different sessions with two different DMs due to his own stupidity
>claims that we didn't "telegraph" the power level of the creatures enough
>audibly having a panic attack on the other side of the microphone
>try to join one session to get away from him
>that guy is signed up for every single session for the next week
>>
I just posted this in another thread but I'll ask here too to because I was slightly off topic in the other thread

Am I being That DM by requiring my players to paint their minis.

For context, nobody is required to buy their paint or supplies, and only one player out of 6 is refusing.

For even more context:
>my argument is that I'm putting an effort into making an immersive table for my players so I feel fair in asking that their miniatures at least match
>her argument is that she's afraid to mess up
>>
>>53018534
I've got this guy in my party who is a total autist. We got a bunch of XP after a while and he takes his character sheet home to spend it and somehow he comes back as a literal god. He can never miss a shot where we miss most of ours, he has a bunch of crazy perks, and has better base stats over everyone. He can pretty much just one shot any enemy that is thrown at him. I didn't want to be a dick and start going through his points but we both had the same class, the same amount of XP, and spent it on the same kinds of things and I'm not even half to where he is.

On top of all that we've got like 3-4 different heavy item drops and 2 weapon mods. Every single time he claims them for himself. I've suggested several times that the rest of the party is stuck with their basic gear and can hardly do anything where he has about 4 different items that he can't even use together but he refuses and gets mad every time. It's not even like he found them or anything- just claimed them. He's also chaotic neutral and thinks it's really funny to try to kill allies and generally be an ass.

Really just makes the whole thing terribly boring.
>>
>>53026149
Paint it for her.
>>
>>53024979
It feels like there is more here.
>>
>>53024979

So does the story just end there?
>>
>>53026311
She's afraid of anybody messing it up
>>
>>53026399
Show her how you painted your miniatures.
>>
>>53024853
Are you a fag or a gril?
>>
>>53026304
>they've all been playing D&D, while I've been playing exalted
>>
>>53018534
A female is going to join our game, she's the co-worker of one of our group.

>Playing 2nd edition, low magic game setting
>she shows up 15 minutes late (no big deal)
>she calls like 8 times in the 15 minutes to let us know she's trying to find the house (still no big deal)
>she shows up and says, I've never actually played 2e guys.
>We say, we'll be patient and help her all she needs
>explain that it's a low magic setting, magic is fairly rare/not common
>She understands.
>Said she's made a charc sheet already for this game (that she's never played)
>Shows it to the DM
>It's a half angle/half demon vampire chick who's being sought after by all the legions of hell and heaven, because they all want to marry her and make her queen of heaven/hell.......AND ...
>Because her PC is SO "awesome at military fighting and stuff " <--actual quote
>That she will eventually turn the tide of the never ending battle between heaven and hell
>I said "I made a human fighter"
>Another player says "I made a gnome illusionist"
>DM says "ok, that specific sheet won't really fit into the game, we'll help you make a new one"
>She says, why won't it fit? Just "Make the stat numbers fit, by fudging them a bit, and it should be fine"
>DM says "ok, we really want you to play, and enjoy yourself, so we'll pause and explain some of the basics, and then help you roll up a charc"
>She frowns and agrees
>Rolls up a decent mage, and knows exactly no spells.
>What games have you played before ma'am? we ask
>She said "Well, I've watched a lot of shows like buffy and Angel and a lot, i mean a LOT of movies", and gave a chuckle
>15 minutes later she left, and promised to read up on the rules and all that 'stuff'.
>Hoping we never see her again
>>
>>53026531
>>It's a half angle/half demon vampire chick who's being sought after by all the legions of hell and heaven, because they all want to marry her and make her queen of heaven/hell.......AND ...
>>Because her PC is SO "awesome at military fighting and stuff " <--actual quote
>>That she will eventually turn the tide of the never ending battle between heaven and hell
>>I said "I made a human fighter"

I lol'd
>>
We have a really touchy "alpha male" Russian guy who always insists on being party leader and soft- insults everybody but me because I'm his best friend and DM
>>
>>53026149
>playing with minis instead of your imagination or clearly superior computer tools

I don't know man, I guess I never understood minis and models and shit beyond LEGO blocks, but to me you're That DM, yeah.
>>
File: IMG_2046.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2046.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>53026640
Forgot pic lol
>>
>>53026640
>>53026666
Seems like a cool guy
>>
>>53026666
Looks like a discount Eliott Rogers.
>>
>>53026479
I don't know what this means
>>
>>53026666
Satanic quads say give us more details
>>
>time to start a new campaign
>that guy wants a character that leads his own congregation, worshipping some unknown god
>no details on what kind of church it is or who we worship only that it is "evil"
>for once I'm up for not playing a good character, so I say that's no problem with me
>He wants my character to be the groundskeeper for the church
>Alrightythen.jpg
>first session
>turns out he doesn't actually have a congregation yet, or a church, or anything really. Not even a cleric, just a he-larious sorcerer pretending to be one.
>my character is suddenly pretty pointless
>well, at least that guy will play some kind of party face I think
>nope, he basically plays like a shy old creepy pervert, that guy lays down and falls asleep like 4 times during the first session
>have to reinvent my character during the first session

how utterly pointless.
>>
File: IMG_0289.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0289.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>53026767
He's a hardcore Russian Putanist who used rides around town on a moped

He really enjoys making Asians/Ukrainians feel insecure and we do parkour together and get really drunk after sessions but he can't hold his liquor
>>
>>53018622
>>53018534
>(we do have a demon army on our tail).

So let me get this straight, you cunts are travelling through civilised lands with a demon army right behind you instead of doing the right thing and leading them into the desert?

And you don't protect the cities you visit?

Yet you dare blame the ranger for trying to change your course, and you dare call yourself a paladin?
>>
>>53026848

>can't hold his liquor

I thought Russians were supposed to be really good at that. Is he a manlet?
>>
>>53026727
Exalted is a table top game where you play as fallen gods, so its saying that while they are meager adventurers, I am on god level.
>>
>>53026905
He's 6"2
Nope
>>
>>53026924
Not that it's that bad, but shouldn't you Avoid posting pics of someone to bitch about him (not that you're excessively mean but for the principle).
>>
>>53026446
She's seen them AND she's seen the other's painted minis. We already had the first session. Only one other person had not done it and that was due to some personal time constraints, they're going to do it soon. Everyone's stuff looked great
>>53026653
We do minis for combat because we feel it's just flat out easier than the very loose and kind of GM fiat driven TOTM combat. It's better to have clearly defined minis than to have the DM going "oh yeah you're actually not in range" or "nope you actually were facing the wrong way so he gets advantage on attacking you"
>>
>>53026996
He's my best bro it's all In good fun
>>
>>53018534
I have a guy who isn't a classic "that guy" but he's just stupid, for lack of a better term. He keeps doing things, like talking in a language in front of a regional lord that he knows said lord doesn't understand, and not getting why the guy is offended. Or the time he insulted an important member of a mage's college,and then didn't get why the guy suddenly started charging more for his services, or just when he goes all Leeroy Jenkins and gives away the position of the rest of the party when they were trying to sneak around when he just charges blindly on.

I really don't think he does it intentionally to fuck the party over, I'm pretty sure he's just clueless about the probable consequences of his actions. But it puts me in a vise, to either punish him (and usually the rest of the group by extension), or just ignore verisimilitude entirely. But it seems poor sport to kick a guy for being stupid, but at the same time it really is disruptive.
>>
>>53027015
sure sure mate, just so it's squared
>>
>Playing D&D 2e as a bunch of newbies
>One player rolls a fighter
>Spends all their money on expensive custom weapon and body armor
>Insists on being in the back of the party formation because they "didn't want to get hurt"
>Attempts to murder a party member to steal their items
>Spends most of their time being lolrandom
I just hope they might learn from their mistakes...
>>
>>53026903
>And you don't protect the cities you visit?
>Yet you dare blame the ranger for trying to change your course, and you dare call yourself a paladin?

I agree with this guy.
>>
>>53025385
>tfw my DM never railroads me into my fetishes
Feels bad
>>
>>53027245
>Playing D&D 2e

Good choice.
>>
>>53027013
Look here's the thing. No matter how nice your board is and how nicely the minis are painted and how much terrain you pile onto it, most people are still only going to use it as a bookkeeping tool. You can hate theatre of the mind because it's hard to track combat, but it's still where all the action that matters happens.
>>
>>53026304
He's not hosting the game, and he's not the GM, so can you remind me why you're playing with that guy?
>>
>>53026903
>trying to change your course
Read the rest of the thread. They can't change course because the DM won't let them.
>>
>>53026447
A girl.

>>53026346
Sorry. Work got busy.

The DM insists he has to pick up that chest, goes back to narrating what the rest of the party is doing, tries to reach over the tabLE, over both one of the gay guys and my boyfriend to pull the same thing he pulled on the girl that left; touching my arm while role-playing the cow.

Both of them stop him though, things are quickly getting out of control. The gay guys try to rein him in and the one that was in the swamp says fuck it, I grab the chest.

The DM puts on this shiteating grin, "you slip on the mod and are surrounded by six zombies. Roll to, get up". We say we're gonna try to help. DM says no, you're too far to know what's going on. We say we're worried about him being gone for so long in a zombie setting. "You can't, you know by now that people die a lot in the setting so you aren't attached to others." The gay guy talks again, "Yeah but that's my boyfriend and adventure partner so I'll go get him". GM Pulls an npc out of nowhere and locks us in the dilapidated farm we were in.
>>
>>53027796
Long story short. Zombies had 95 hp, the fighter had 35 and he was the tank. He was torn apart. DM keeps railroading us with the NPC who goes from being rude and violent to nice and kind and back again.

The barbarian is obviously starting to get bored, the fighter is dead and keeps glaring at the dm. My boyfriend looks like he's ready to fight.

Barbarian plays the worried, angry brute in distress rather well, says he wants to roll for Notice in order to see if he can find his boyfriend. The DM says no, you have to get on the cart with the npc right now. We're literally railroaded into it again, plottwist, the npc betray us and uses us as bait for zombies. Plot twist, we have to fight a Lich right away. THE Lich that started the zombie apocalypse, the Barbarian starts at a disadvantage.

TPK. The Barbarian and my BF look like they're ready to Fucking jump the DM. The fighter leaves to smoke outside.

A fucking mess.
>>
>>53018534
>GM time-skips the travel time a bit, more than fine.
>Asks if we wanna do anything for the first week.
>Goes 'round, people say standard stuff like crafting items, whatever.
Is this good gameplay? I was in a session where the GM did that and I didn't particularly like it, I felt detached.
>>
>>53027586
I think you're misunderstanding just how much work went into the board we're using, and thats on me for the word choice i used. When I say "i put in an effort, I don't mean that its this insane hand crafted construction that I slaved over. It's not nearly that involved. It's painted minis on drawn graph paper. Same with my painting and the painting of the others, none of us are painters who are looking for professional level work. And you're also misunderstanding who's idea it was to do mini and board combat. But even if the situation was as you'd described, that still wouldn't be my issue. What matters to me is that everybody else involved with the game put that tiny amount of work into it except for one player, and I'm asking if putting the expectation on that one player to match everyone else at the table is being That DM or not. I mean our warlock even painted a mini for a familiar he doesn't have yet.

It's really rubbing me the wrong way,
it screams special snowflake to me.
>>
>>53026149
>using literal minis
I literally use a Kinder Surprise toy for my character. No one cares and if anyone cared I would beat him up anyway.
>>
>>53024379

>post in That Guy thread
>don't realize you are That Guy and possibly autistic
>>
>>53026149
>>53026399
Buy her a new one, and then paint that one. Her concern is legit though, I would be afraid to destroy/ruin something that cost money. I ain't confident of my skills.
>>
>>53026531
kek
>>
File: 1445351410165.gif (126KB, 924x780px) Image search: [Google]
1445351410165.gif
126KB, 924x780px
>>53028230
Having everyone paint a miniature isn't something that would be high on my list of things to bolster player engagement as a GM, and as a player well, I just don't have any interest in miniatures so it would feel like an arbitrary requirement.
>>
>>53028366
We're talking reaper minis. They aren't expensive anon, they're > $10
>>
>>53028230
It screams special snowflake and autism for me to force someone to paint a mini.
It's a fucking mini. It doesn't matters. She wants to play the game, not paint.

Someone who doesn't want to make a one paragraph backstory when it's likely it's gonna be relevant during the game? Sure, it's not good.
Someone who doesn't want to read the rules? Yeah, it's shit.
Someone who doesn't want to paint a mini? Who fucking cares.

She can still play the game just fine.
>>
>>53027972
How could DMs like that be real. What a crazy story.
>>
>>53028230
Post a photo of the board if it is so great.
>>
>>53028521

Maybe she's being a little defiant because your overbearing ass is trying to force her to do things she doesn't want to do?
>>
>>53026531
>I never played this shit guys
>Don't worry we'll help ya
>*Procedes to tell about the setting but absolutely nothing about the rules*

Here's why new people get scared of your grognardness
>>
>>53023718
>He's a stranger with a shit ton of money to bribe 'em with

I thought he was LN? Bribery is a criminal act, hardly fitting with Lawful behavior, and a good reason for a paladin to kick his ass out
>>
>>53028726
Lawful doesn't mean you follow the laws of the land, it means you follow what ever laws you live by.
>>
>>53028070
Downtime is necessary and sometimes even obligatory. You can't play every single day of life of your PC, even if you want to

Talking out of personal experience here
>>
>>53027115
>It seems poor sport to kick a guy for being stupid
Are you the DM? Because if so it's literally your job to punish that stupidity. Kick the guy for being stupid and disruptive.
>>
>>53028070
Do you like to roleplay every little interaction? Every shop has to have a clerk that you can interact with and potentially barter with? You wanna roleplay going to a forge and smithing? You want to eloquently describe how you spend your long rest?
That shit slows down the game for people who don't wanna play house.
>>
>>53028230
>It screams special snowflake to me
You're the snowflake autist who thinks painting little toys is really that important.
>>
>>53027115
You
>>53028780
This guy is stupid and spiteful, don't believe him

What you need to do is make the consequences be consequences. Even if the rest of the party gets punished for it.
It's like in the military, if one fucks up, everyone gets punshed, so next time his own team mates will police him
>>
>>53027359
It's actually not my fetish. DM is probably a furry through.

But I didn't mind because the NPC was extremely nice. We got three little kids of it.
>>
File: 1492986038233.png (11KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1492986038233.png
11KB, 321x322px
>>53025112
>>53025385
Wait. If an Oath of Chastity paladin is raped, do they fall?
>>
>>53028764
So what does Chaotic mean in that sense?
>>
>>53023195
There is railroading, then there is your DM

fuck that shit
>>
>>53028764
>Lawful neutral
>A lawful neutral character typically believes strongly in lawful concepts such as honor, order, rules, and tradition, and often follows a personal code.
Examples of lawful neutral characters include a soldier who always follows orders, a judge or enforcer that adheres mercilessly to the word of the law, and a disciplined monk.

I guess it all depends on whether bribery was legal anyway.
And I'm sure the paladin's version of Lawful, his code and ethics as it were, would still likely frown on the ranger's actions
>>
>>53029037
No because it's not a voluntarily breaking of the oath, but an event forced on them by an external will

A paladin cannot be found guilty, although he might need to repent if he found pleasure in it
>>
>>53029053
You do what ever the fuck your character feels like doing at any given moment.
>>
>>53028636
i literally just said that it's just graph paper man

>>53028599
>Someone who doesn't want to make a one paragraph backstory when it's likely it's gonna be relevant during the game? We were going to share our backstories in a group chat before session 1. I asked everybody just to make something short and sweet so they didn't feel like they had to do a ton of work, and the players went all out, two of ended up writing over a page worth of back story for their characters with drawings and all kinds of extra shit. I had everyone but hers after a week, so I asked her what was up because I wanted to post them all together so nobody felt bad if theres wasn't as detailed as anyone else's. Her response? "Yeah I just have amnesia." I gave her a bunch of ideas for this and some examples of what she could use for plot hooks and stuff? Nothing. She eventually wrote something when I posted the rest of the parties backstories.

>Someone who doesn't want to read the rules?
This isnt her first time playing this game, and she refused to buy or pirate the PHB. And nobody knew she hadn't done this until she fucking showed up to the table without her character rolled. There are two newbies playing with us, both bought/pirated the PHB. The group decided weeks before Session 1 to roll the characters because we all wanted to jump right into the session. Those two newbies put in the work, asked and received help in character creation before we got started, and this player shows up with a "nobody told me to roll it" attitude and wastes 30 minutes of everyone's limited time rolling a character because she hasn't looked anything up and doesn't even have an idea about what she wants to play.

so maybe I'm the autist that you and >>53028649 >>53028864 but this is annoying as shit. I was trying to leave this out to be objective. There was never a "paint or don't play" demand, but there damn sure might be one now because this is getting old.
>>
>>53029179
>typically
>>
>>53029037
DM declared that not since 'it wasn't consensual'.

Basically she gave me a potion who made my PC extremely lustful, and then jumped at him, the screen quickly fading to black.
>>
>>53029273
Does your DM play CoC?
>>
It's time for the daily alignment debate, isn't it?
>>
>>53029300
Nah, I don't give a shit and I'm probably wrong. That's just how I understand it.
>>
>>53029290
mayb

Actually I dunno. But he seems to be a furry so a good chance I think.

He didn't actually put anything worrying in the campaign yet, the saucy moments immediately faded to black. Or maybe he does them with only a few PCs outside the group, hard for me to say.
>>
>>53029090
At this point he's not even on train tracks, he's going for a ride through the DM's really boring rollercoaster and the seatbelts won't come off.

>>53029037
Only if the god is evil, insane and/or retarded

>>53018534
Yeah, it's in-character sure, and it'll be in character for you to leave the fucker tied up to a tree while you leave in the morning, because now he's an antagonist, not a party member. You need to get inside those towns right? If the DM won't let you go anywhere else it's got to be because the towns are important. If you need the townspeople's help to stop the demon army then you should be justified in smiting the bastard for the sake of the greater good.
>>
>>53028685
You missed parts anon.

>>53026531
>DM says "ok, we really want you to play, and enjoy yourself, so we'll pause and explain some of the basics, and then help you roll up a charc"
>>She frowns and agrees

She was told the rules and the basics were explained in detail.
>>
>>53027972
>>53027796
>>53024979
>>53024853
why put up with this shit?
I mean if you're not in his house or anything,
you're not using his rule books,
just tell him his services are no longer required and get whoever is most up for it to step in as dm.
I mean they're not going to be worse
>>
>>53029053
one day you don't tell the prince you fucked his bride to be because it'll ruin the arranged marriage and likely start a war
the next day you tell the the king that it was the neighboring kingdom that bribed the orks to start their border raid which leads to war because you decided that honesty is important today
>>
>>53029037
what if an oath of devotion paladin had someone grab their wrist and steal that mans wallet!
>>
>>53028839
Fuck those faggots. This is a ROLE PLAYING game, not a war game. Go play warhammer or something and leave us be.
>>
File: concern.jpg (59KB, 587x645px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
59KB, 587x645px
>Edge of the Empire, first session
>That Guy makes a Trandoshan doctor, gimps himself by picking a "slugthrower revolver" as he put it
>Land on Nar Shadda, group splits up to do errands
>TG tries to sell frozen bounties to local Hutt crimelord
>Hutt has way higher stats, AND TG rolls a despair
>Because of despair, Hutt just takes bounties and refuses to pay, tells TG to GTFO
>TG calls bullshit and says DM isn't being fair
>Refuses to listen to explanations about how his roll was fucked from the start with his beginner character's shit stats against a fucking Hutt, plus his despair roll didn't exactly help
>TG attempts to metagame by looking up an obscure Hutt killing virus on Wookiepedia and then says that he's going to manufacture said virus for the purpose of killing the Hutt
>DM says his guy has no way of knowing about said virus, plus he has no facilities or resources to create it
>TG fucking mopes, refuses to talk or RP for the rest of session
>>
>>53028780
>Are you the DM? Because if so it's literally your job to punish that stupidity.
In character, not usually out of character.

>>53028923
I HAVE made the consequences be serious. So far he's cost them one quest and forced them to burn half their wealth on resurrections after a near TPK. It's led to some whining, but not actual policing of his behavior.
>>
>>53029250
>"nobody told me to roll it" attitude
Was she told to bring a completed character to session 1?
>>
>>53026149
on the one hand I like the idea of minis, a cool representation of your dude.
on the other if they really don't want to make one, just give them a lego brick or something.
We use pennies with crudely drawn faces on them.

>>53029250
>wastes 30 minutes of everyone's limited time rolling a character because...
yea that annoys me too, I get you might need to tweak your char because reasons. but flat turning up with nothing tells me that you're just not interested
>>
>>53029037
probably not, though there may be a crisis of faith or similar roleplay opportunity.
>>
>>53029591
Make them harder and point out that his fault.

He insults a mage that usually hels them? "Well I guess it's no more magic for you then, faggots"

He speaks in way the king does not understand to the king? "Are you mocking me, paesant? to the gallows!"

this kind of shit, raising prices never helped anyone
>>
>>53029587
I don't see the problem if he just keeps silent
>>
File: 1448770255489.jpg (25KB, 343x424px) Image search: [Google]
1448770255489.jpg
25KB, 343x424px
>>53029587
>that guy wants to play eote, gets mad when he learns how to play eote
>>
File: identify autistic trauma.jpg (99KB, 703x516px) Image search: [Google]
identify autistic trauma.jpg
99KB, 703x516px
>>53029587
>Edge of the Empire, second session
>TG wants to make his doctor a "combat medic" despite the doctor role in EotE being more of an out of combat healer
>Tells DM that he wants a "Wookie bowcaster that can alternate between firing bolts and healing syringes"
>DM tells him to fucking knock it off and pick a weapon from the book, because TGs special snowflake weapon would require the DM to create new rules just for him
>Everybody tries to explain to TG that everybody already carries stimpaks and that healing in EotE is different that D&D style healing, plus how would ammo for it work
>Plus firing a syringe at high velocities would just fuck people up
>TG just shuts down and waives his turn, doesn't move his character, refuses to talk or RP, and eventually gets up from the table without a work and walks out of the room
>This was over his house by the way, just abandons his guests
>He is 25
>The next day he told the DM through another player that he was quitting
>>
>>53029753
Self solving problem

Again, i don't see anything to be concerned about
>>
>>53029456
We were super beta, no excuse.

It was my boyfriend's first serious rp game and I kept hoping it'd get better. I guess the gay guys didn't care at first since they weren't getting harassed and probably hoped for the best too.

There were numerous little things too. When the Rogue asked if we could camp in the field he pretty much yelled at her "IF YOU HAD BEEN PAYING ATTENTION, YOUD KNOW IT'S DANGEROUS".

The Barbarian and my boyfriend shared a bit of a moment (because the DM told us to interact while he tried to find the rules) where he opened up and told my boyfriend about his mission and his relationship with the fighter. The DM didn't notice that part so later when my boyfriend in character said he'd help the Barbarian find his boyfriend and fulfil his destiny, the DM yelled at us that it was metagaming. My bf snapped at him. So did everyone else.

If only we had spines. I know I'm not taking that Shit again tho.
>>
>>53029480
WHAT IF AN OATH OF ANCIENTS PALADIN TURNED OFF A LAMP???

Oh man what if a Vengeance paladin was helping somebody rescue someone from a kidnapping BUT MEANWHILE there was a greater evil going on in the form of orcs pillaging a nearby village?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (12KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
12KB, 426x240px
>>53029790
I get what you're saying, but it was awkward and infuriating as fuck. TG is the DM of our D&D campaign, and he was great for a long time but now he refuses to right down content for game sessions so he just makes shit up as he goes along. His reason for this is "you guys never end up doing what I want you to do, so why bother."
>>
>>53029626
yeah, and one of the new players even posted it directly into the group chat for help and advice. Only way to not know is to not pay attention or to not give a fuck

>>53029628
I mean there's SOME level of interest because she at least bought the damn mini. I dunno anon
>>
>>53029915
then find another guy. Or just tell him plain and simple "you're shit as a player but great at GM"
>>
>>53029895
You're paladin of vengeance. You're supposed to do shit AFTER the bad things happen
>>
>>53029591
>>53029704
>Not just letting the other players vote to retcon this kind of stupid, harmful shit out of character
Fucking plebs
If you're playing at my table and you want your PC to make comments about the mage's mother, everyone else is allowed to say "fuck no, not happening" before you can ruin everything.

>>53029915
>"you guys never end up doing what I want you to do, so why bother."
I'm not saying you should always improvise and never say no, because that's stupid, but dude should probably write a book.
>>
>>53030026
>Letting players retcon consequences

How is that safety net working for you, wee babby?
>>
>>53018534
>That guy is a powergamer who wanted to build an invincible character
>Did a pretry good job of it and that much was fine
>Becomes a problem whenever anything goes wrong for him
>Won't accept things that can circumvent his build
>Won't accept GM rulings that aren't in his favour
>Won't accept dice rolls and thinks it's unfair that there's an element of chance he can't control
>>
>>53030216
I'm sorry for being this kind of person, I'll work on accepting the inevitability of things not going my way at some point or another.
>>
Reading this thread makes me glad for my usual group.

I tried playing with strangers once in a Deadlands campaign and we had one guy show up wanting to play a half-Japanese mad scientist kung fu master. The hilarious part is Deadlands is a setting where you can make that work and he still fucked it up by loudly talking over everyone, getting bored when no one followed his orders, then deciding to masturbate while forgetting to mute his microphone.
>>
>>53030650
KEK
>>
File: 1445956810515.gif (498KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445956810515.gif
498KB, 262x200px
>>53029915
That guy was a DM in another campaign? Holy shit, how was he so maladjusted?
>>
File: fuck robocop.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuck robocop.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>53030998
We have no fucking idea, nobody has seen him act that way before. We've known the guy for years, and he's been our D&D DM for like two years and he was great at it and a chill dude. Then all of a sudden he doesn't care about writing lore as DM and then spergs out during EotE. He isn't depressed or on heavy drugs, and he's doing fine at work. He just became a huge fucking babyman for no discernible reason literally out of nowhere to the confusion of everyone.
>>
>>53031138
>all of a sudden he doesn't care about writing lore as DM and then spergs out during EotE
Hmm maybe he's depressed or on-
>He isn't depressed or on heavy drugs
Well I'm out of ideas.
>>
>guy joined up recently
>keeps trying to be WACKY AND FUNNY
>references harmon quest every session
>>
>>53031249
>references harmonquest every session
Are they finally moving on from constant Monty Python references?
>>
File: Capture.png (77KB, 207x197px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
77KB, 207x197px
>>53029753
>TG wants to make his doctor a "combat medic" despite the doctor role in EotE being more of an out of combat healer

In reality Doctors in EotE Are absolutely brutal cqc masters.
>>
>>53031498
He made no effort to learn how his class worked. He was just "I want to be a combat healer" and we were apparently dicks to dissuade him.
>>
File: 1457516862399.jpg (17KB, 336x336px) Image search: [Google]
1457516862399.jpg
17KB, 336x336px
>>53026531

This is meme worthy, im stealing it, and there's nothing you can do about it!
>>
>>53025112
> had to make wisdom saving throws to not get turned on
just leave senpai, this guy watches WAY too much hentai, it's spilling into his games. As far as you know he was either magical realming or will be magical realming next time.
>>
>>53027245
Have you made it clear to him you weren't playing munchkin?
>>
>>53031923
I watch hentai literally every day, I have never once mentioned sex on my own volition nor do I wish to play pretend about it.

2D > 3D > play pretend
>>
>>53018534
How much should a player play along and enjoy the ride when on a train? When do you become that guy?

>Session 1, we start blind and bound with no memory of why/how
>Manage to injure myself multiple times when i find a dagger by rolling around before i free myself
>Free the party, and after multiple failed rolls, determine we are on a different plane
>Spend the next 2 hours walking nowhere in particular, with no idea of how to leave
>Session over

>Session 2
>Literal god yells at us to go west
>We go west
>For the next hour or two, ooc
>0 encounters, only NPC is the disembodied god voice
>Reach a door that seems out of place, when a character touches it they poof and are gone
Now my question is, obviously this is the way out. But in character, i don't have any attachment to these people, and as far as i can tell, the dude got disintegrated. Most of the party just chugged on along, but me and one other guy kept trying to play out ANY reason we might have to go through, eventually only going because we "accidentally" destroyed our water supply, so we had no choice anyway.
Now, this was some good RP and character stuff for me and other guy, but were we That Guys for not just staying on the tracks?
>>
>That guy
GM is a philosophy major - no paladin ever keeps his power.
>>
>>53033295
>philosophy major
>hates absolute good/religion
Like pottery.
Any GM that treats a game as their personal pulpit should be removed.
>>
>>53033183
Did this guy even have a campaign ready? The fuck is this shit.
>>
>>53018622
>demon army on our tail
Why wouldn't the whole party be warning towns to evacuate
>>
>>53029989
>Oath of Vengeance paladin rescues a village from a rampaging orcish horde
>falls because he failed to avenge village
>>
>>53033369
Probably not, despite claiming otherwise repeatedly. He DID have a notebook full of shit written down, but it sure didn't seem like it.
>>
>>53026848
What kind of twat posts pictures of their friend on 4chan like this?
>>
>>53028327
No you wouldn't
>>
>>53026903
They can't change course. The DM's story is too compell-er, the railroad stronk.
>>
File: varg-vikernes1.jpg (55KB, 960x606px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes1.jpg
55KB, 960x606px
>>53018534
Only somewhat related, but this happened last night and I need to tell /tg/

>Be me
>reading MYFAROG scans on some thread and laughing at the lack of sunshine vitamins
>Enjoy the laughs, and move on to other stuff
>Last Night, go to sleep
>Have dream
>Im watching a youtube video
>Fat Varg Vikernes in a wheelchair is sitting next to a little black boy in a striped shirt
>The two of them read "Aunt Harriet's Magic Underground Railroad in the Sky" children's book out loud
>When the story is over Varg starts to lecture the little black boy about how he should be glad the he adopted and civilized him
>Suddenly Varg's eyes fill with hate
>He starts to shake in his wheelchair
>He starts telling the story of his son, his biological son, who loves HEMA
>Starts tearing up about how he and his son used to LARP out in the woods together
>Says that before his Son became a liberal, they used to love LARP
>Fat wheelchair bound Varg looks to be on the verge of meltdown
>Suddenly gets all cheery
>"Well that's enough for today, remember that you can civilize the darkies if you love them enough!"
>Close video
>Wake up
>Feel very confused

Worst part is, I've never even heard Varg Vikernes speak

Am I truly that guy? deep down in my subconscious?
>>
>>53026531
>>Said she's made a charc sheet already for this game (that she's never played)
>>Shows it to the DM
>>It's a half angle/half demon vampire chick who's being sought after by all the legions of hell and heaven, because they all want to marry her and make her queen of heaven/hell.......AND ...
>>Because her PC is SO "awesome at military fighting and stuff " <--actual quote
>>That she will eventually turn the tide of the never ending battle between heaven and hell
>>I said "I made a human fighter"

Ok, now that was funny.
>>
>>53034402
Kek what the fuck anon.
>>
>>53018622
>I'M A LAWFUL GOOD PALADIN SO WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO IS LEAD DEMONS TO A BUNCH OF INNOCENT PEOPLE
The ranger is right though.
>>
>>53024979
>"Does the cow want to fuck her too?"
I guffawed. More like gay BRObarian.

>The barbarian and fighter are actually decent RPrs and their characters are also a couple. The DM says that this is the medieval times so gay relationships are frowned upon. The Barbarian interrupts again and says "We're both way stronger than the average person, who cares?" This pisses the DM out big time.
Literally THE biggest perk to being an adventurer is not having to give a shit what people think.
>>
>>53026399
Paint it for her, promising that IF you mess it up, you'll buy her a new one. Then don't mess it up.
>>
Am I that guy, /tg/?
>highschool friends with my usual /tg/ group
>have tried a D&D and CoC but both groups kind of petered out
>have been talking to them less since we all moved
>mostly over group chat in fb messenger
>lately just been feeling bad when I talk to them
>most of the time if someone tries to start actual discussion it boils down to
>an argument
>someone goes to far trying to get "epic bantz" and says something actually shitty
>gets derailed by memes
>or drowned out by league of legends
>or mtg even though none of us play anymore
>other /tg/ stuff I'll probably post after this
>anyways
>friend wants to start 5e campaign
>we've only tried 3.5
>let's just say I've been burned by these guys a few times
>fine I'll give it one more chance
>only ones who have rtfm are me and the DM
>one guy arguing pf is better also hasn't read the manuals for either game
>I'm the only one who asks dm about characters beforehand
>come to the night of
>I text, see if everyone is ready
>DM says he just worked a long shift
>he completely forgot about the game
>so did one other guy
>"I don't have anything ready, can we do it tomorrow"
>understandable circumstances, so we all agree on the next day
>I end up working the next day, told them I'd be off at 11
>come home tired
>eat dinner, hang out with the wife
>I completely blank on the meeting
>fuck
>check the group chat, kept notifications off cuz spam
>meeting already began and ended
>nobody bothered texting me, just started without me
>I say fuck it, just leave the chat and ignore them
I dunno, I feel like a baby, but at the same time I'm just miserable talking to them and something like this happens pretty much anytime we try to do something together.
>>
>>53030115
It's not a safety net against the whole party messing up, or against one player fucking himself over.
It's a safety net against Those Two Players who occasionally come up with lolrandumb shit that would fuck everyone over, like
>"I draw my sword and threaten the king into paying us more" or
>"I set the Library of Knowledge on fire so it can collapse on the enemy assassin" or
>"I tell the bad guy the location of our secret hideout to pass myself off as a traitor"
If the majority of the other players are OK with this, they all suffer the consequences, no ifs and buts.
>>
>>53033183
I recently ran my first two games, with nearly no prep whatsoever, and I managed to do better than this shit. Get your roleplayer friend's contact info and find a better GM.
>>
>>53034402
No anon, deep down you are Varg.
>>
>>53025112
Same situation here. In our first session, we were attacked by harpies and my character was flown up a cliff-side and ravaged. Gm gave the players 3 combat rounds to climb up and save my character before he "finished".

Once the dust was settled, I had him jump off the cliff in hysteria and rolled up a new one. Fuck alimony
>>
File: 1403471933458.jpg (53KB, 577x435px) Image search: [Google]
1403471933458.jpg
53KB, 577x435px
>>53018534
Here's a story.

>Playing Noir 3pf game, during the 1920s
>Ragtag party investigating mob presence in a city in California
>That Guy playing as a Gunslinger, being a "hardened" WW1 vet
>Drifter who refuses to tell us his true name, tries to bluff us on everything in-game
>Sounds edgy, but he does okay at first
>Eventually we're breaking into a mobster's house, but police approach us
>Party begins to talk with the police, trying to smooth things out
>That Guy, in his defiant attitude to the government, shoots at the police
>Misses
>Police start shooting at us
>Take all of us down to being unconscious from blood loss

All of us are steamed from this, but he's a friend, so we decide to just move on from it

>Mobster bribes police into handing us over
>They tie us over and throw us into a lake miles from the city
>We somehow free ourselves and make it to shore
>Find a country hick fisherman with a boat
>Ask him for directions to the nearest town, and head of towards that way
>That Guy wants his boat
>That Guy starts to harass the fisherman
>Somehow manages to get the black bard to join in
>The brawler just stands there
>Fuck this shit, my character heads into town
>That Guy pulls a gun and tries to shoot the fisherman that did nothing but help us
>Misses
>The Fisherman pulls out a shotgun, and everyone is really low on hp
>Shoots the idle brawler and the bard, knocking them down
>That Guy books it out of there, and puts range between them
>He finds a lone cabin off in the distance
>Starts running towards it, with the intent on hiding inside
>"Cletus, we got ourselves a rapscallion!"
>Another fisherman comes out of the cabin, bearing a scoped rifle
>That Guy tries to run, but is picked off from a distance as he runs back off
>All of their dumb-asses end up in the town jail

1/2
>>
>Playing female cleric, mostly because our DM likes to make us roll Wisdom/Charisma saves whenever a reasonably attractive lady crosses the street in front of male characters
>End up speaking a lot higher than usual, because group is super anal about IC vs OOC; "Oh, who said that, strange voice that came from (whichever character forgot to put on their silly accent)?"
>Cleric has to do this for hunks, but it rarely comes up
>Party gets captured by local bandits, your standard "You lost all your equipment; find a way out of the cave"
>Face Fighter and Rogue are sneaking around, manage to get uniforms and pass themselves off as bandits. They grab information, come back to Wizard and me (Cleric), who used the time to prepare spells
>Fighter asks what he sees
>GM starts explaining the room, even though we already searched it
>Alright, and what does Cleric look like?
>I start describing Cleric, average height, fairly muscular for a woman, moderately attractive, neither here nor there, etc
>Get interrupted
>"Anon, I know you're describing something right now, but can you use the in-character voice?"
>Ugh, fine, start over
>Interrupted again
>"Right Anon, but how attractive is she?"
>Slightly irritated because this is taking so long, "Ok, what is it you want to know?"
>"Just what her cup size is, and if Fighter can see any cleavage"
>"... On a cleric who started with breastplate?"
>"Yeah, whats the big deal?"
>GM is amused, "Roll Perception"
>Succeeds
>Whatever, just throw out a size and be done with it
>"She's a B cup, maybe a small C"
>"That can't be right, you said she was moderately attractive."
>Group gets torn into a discussion about boob physics for 10 minutes until GM finally reigns us back in
>>
File: 1408924751297.jpg (17KB, 217x208px) Image search: [Google]
1408924751297.jpg
17KB, 217x208px
>>53039477
The GM and I were frustrated at this point, as that was all just needless. The Brawler and Bard are feeling like idiots, and That Guy starts feeling like he's getting targeted by the GM. But whatever, let's see if we can fix this

>My spiritualist makes his way into town, and tries to vouch for these fools
>I claim that they were drinking way too much beforehand, and that the colored bard couldn't have known better
>The jailer allows the bard to come out under my watch, but the other two had to stay the night
>The two fisherman come visit the prisoners, hoping to get an apology
>That Guy believes his character is defiant and unapologetic
>That Guy has a great idea as to how he can role-play this, and seem tough as nails
>He has his character shit on the floor
>He smears it around the room, and decides to throw it at the men from his cell
>Fuck da police n sheit
>Pulls out his cock and pisses over onto them
>The GM is done
>The fishermen look over to the jailer, and he tosses them the key to the cell
>The two fishermen enter and brutally beat That Guy to death
>The GM kicks him from the game immediately

And in the next session we become the best of friends with the town and we never had anymore dumb shit go on for the rest of the game.
>>
File: ass3.png (722KB, 1070x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ass3.png
722KB, 1070x1600px
>>53039559
I've had my usual group do this sort of thing before as well when I or anyone else plays as a female. When it's me I always say she's as flat as my ex, ie as flat as a billiard table.

Since none of them are into flat girls it solves the problem in one line.
>>
File: laughing_cancer.jpg (23KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_cancer.jpg
23KB, 640x559px
>>53039626
>>He has his character shit on the floor
>>He smears it around the room, and decides to throw it at the men from his cell

At least that's pretty funny. Granted, for all the wrong reasons, but funny nonetheless.
>>
File: TG.png (113KB, 1003x423px) Image search: [Google]
TG.png
113KB, 1003x423px
I've seen some pretty nasty TG posted, but nothing tops this guy.
>>
>>53037617
It's an understandable action anon, though you might want to express how you've been feeling.
>>
>>53018534
Wait how do your characters know what he's doing?

>I'm going off into the woods to commune and be a ranger
>Secretly go warn the next town anonymously as possible
>Come back and travel with the party
>Huh they've barred the gates, weird

I sure hope you cunts aren't metagaming.
>>
>>53039692
I mean, their horses where stolen, he was missing and both of them was in a town that barred entry to the town. I think they could have figured it out pretty easily.
>>
>>53037617
You're not that guy. I think you just care about your friends more than they care about you. (Which doesn't mean they're bad people... but maybe you just need new friends.)

>>53039559
That shit would be enough to get me to roll up a fucking Warforged

>>53039666
Ok, you got me there.
>>
File: Douglas-Fairbanks.jpg (34KB, 383x526px) Image search: [Google]
Douglas-Fairbanks.jpg
34KB, 383x526px
>>53039661
Looking back on it is hilarious, I agree. But damn if we didn't want to beat him ourselves at that point.
>>
>oh so funny barbarian who doesn't understand social norms and acts like a retard all the time

STOP I"M A PALADIN NOT A TARD WRANGLER
>>
>>53039649
>>53039559

>Having players ask the size of female PCs and NPCs tits
>Having the DM being such a hopeless virgin

I bet half this group wear fedoras

Seriously what the hell, is that fun? is that useful? Is that related to the plot or the game?
I would've asked them to stop after the first two times
>>
File: 1487356629250.gif (932KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1487356629250.gif
932KB, 400x265px
>>53018534
There is a That Group in my town. I know because I work with one of the players.
- Players are awarded exp based on How MUCH they kill. Doesn't matter what it was.
- Coworkers goes on and on about her and her best friend's mary-sue tieflings

>My bro knows them, says he got invited to play.
>Bro no, that is a bad idea. Warn bro.
>Bro goes 'well fuck' but decides to see how bad it really is
>its worse than I thought

-Gm's girlfriend is 5 levels above the rest of the party.
-Group wont let bro make their own character, they have to do it for him.
-They tell bro he has to start five levels below the rest of the party.
>Bro never goes back.
>>
File: Demon jester.png (175KB, 244x435px) Image search: [Google]
Demon jester.png
175KB, 244x435px
>Game night
>group gathers at our GM's house
>Everyone sits down
>That Guy takes out a hndgun and puts it on the table beside him
>When asked why he said it's for safety
>Refuses to put it away, sying it is uncomfortable when sitting down
>Eventually GM forces him to leave it on the kitchen counter
The gun was fully loaded and ready to fire FYI. I'm 100%sure he brought it along just to show it off

Why are gunfags so obnoxious?
>>
>>53028608
They arent
>>
>>53042210
He was a normie. /k/ommandos know that guns are not toys.
>>
>>53042225
He is.

I'm the OP of the story and fuck if that's true, man. I'm never going to that awful game store ever again; the DM seems to be a friend of the owners'.
>>
>>53042440
Sorry. Whenever stories start ticking off peoples stereotype boxes my bullshit alarm sounds
>>
>>53031923
That's what I did. It got too much for me so I left and the game crumbled immediately after. I still play with him as characters where he plays chaotic stupid or lawful stupid, but I make sure to not let him ruin my fun.
>>
>>53042210
>gunfags
He's not a gunfag anon, that guy is a walking negligent discharge waiting to happen. He sounds like a fucking psycho, I'd drop from the game ASAP.
>>
File: tzX8Fhk.gif (2MB, 352x197px) Image search: [Google]
tzX8Fhk.gif
2MB, 352x197px
>>53018534
>it's a That Guy Thread Where OP is Actually That Guy episode
>>
File: bait_trash.png (206KB, 1233x957px) Image search: [Google]
bait_trash.png
206KB, 1233x957px
>>53042647
>>
>>53042210
This sort of shit is usually intended as an intimidation tactic/show of power. Doesn't matter if it's a gun, a really nasty dog, or some shitty katana, doesn't matter if the subtext is "I could kill you if you fuck with me" edge or "I could defend you if someone broke into your house" savior complex, doesn't matter if it's conscious or not.

The guy bringing the weapon breaks an implicit rule of social gatherings ("don't bring a weapon unless agreed beforehand"), and displays the weapon proudly because being the only armed person here makes him feel powerful for the reasons stated above (he may enjoy the feeling of transgression in itself too). Then he either ignores everyone's discomfort/worry, or mistakes it for whatever reaction he's looking for.

Anyway, this isn't a gun owner thing, gun owners can be responsible people. This is a creep thing, and usually a red flag indicating some inferiority/superiority complex and/or form of paranoia and/or ignorance/disregard for social norms. Avoid.
>>
>>53042647

I dunno, I don't think its a That Guy moment.

Ranger is right, innocent townsfolk should know that the adventurers have demons on their tails.

Paladin is right that having them stuck outside of the town instead of saying, "Hey, let us in, we're adventurers and can try to protect you, by the way maybe lend a hand in the defense." isn't productive.
>>
>>53043822
I would kick that psycho out the second he pulled that shit. What kind of societal retard does it take to presume that's ok in any universe? You wouldn't even pull that shit at a drug deal, mostly because they'd fucking murder you, but damn. I just get depressed thinking there are people that hopelessly out of touch with society being a part of society.
>>
>>53039692
>>53039722
As soon as we arrived at the town, he came clean.

>>53026903
To elaborate, we have no idea where the demon army is. It just pops out of nowhere as the GM wants.

>>53042647
If I am That Guy, fine. So be it.
>>
>>53029179
Again, he's insisting that he's doing the most Lawful act ever because all adventurers bring to towns is Chaos.
>>
>>53045631
So you have Schrodinger's Demon Army following you, and you have no choice but to keep heading in your direction that happens to lead to every town on the way?
The hell? Are you heading towards something??
>>
>>53045744
We're going towards a city where hopefully there are enough wizards (it's a meme by now that there's too few wizards around) to open a portal to the Elemental Plane of Fire to get the Efreet Sultan in the City of Brass to cast a Wish spell to make things better again.
>>
>>53045797
...... I'm not even sure what to tell you, anon.
There is so much absurdity going on, I almost think the ranger is in on it.
>>
>>53045867
I fully admit I play more for the social aspect of seeing my mates more than anything else with D&D.

Also, I don't think, ranger boy joined about a month or so ago.
>>
File: 1382202602922.gif (3MB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
1382202602922.gif
3MB, 400x394px
>have a girl in the group
>DM never gives her the spotlight
>we literally know nothing about her character
>even her real life husband doesn't remember her character's name
>I cast the Divination spell that allows 5 questions with yes or no answers
>I write down one question for me, and pass the piece of paper along to the party so they can all ask one thing because why not
>she writes a question about her backstory
>we do the spell
>DM reads the question and goes like "While that's a good question, I can propose one that would really solve a lot of your headaches"
>I'm like "No no I'll ask what she told me"
>She's like ashamed and says "No please just ask what you want <DM>"
>DM literally asks a question about another player character's background and then answers it
What the fuck are you doing nigger
>>
>>53046277
jesus fuck
>>
>>53046277
sounds like some low-key misogyny in that group
>>
>>53046277
Things that never happened
>>
>>53046538
>this anon has not been reading the thread apparently
>>
>>53046538
Why? Because it's a girl? I've seen plenty of examples of people being left out in tabletops before.
>>
>>53040399

I asked him about it later, because it wasn't like him to do that. Apparently it would have determined how the interactions between Cleric and Fighter would have gone. Had she been a bombshell in a chain-bikini he would have offered to lend her a jacket/covering, but since she was a competent adventurer, nothing really happened.
>>
File: traitor-stormtrooper-gif.gif (2MB, 540x220px) Image search: [Google]
traitor-stormtrooper-gif.gif
2MB, 540x220px
>>53018534
The player playing the ranger gave you a green light to do whatever you want with his character. He crossed a line called "don't work against the party", so there is no reason you should have any second thoughts. If he wants to be part of the group, his agenda should align with the group, otherwise there is no place for him in it.

Boot his character from the party, that's the minimum I would do. He actively is working against the party, nobody in it should want him to stay. Kill him or ditch, whatever, but don't allow him to continue this dickery. He already stole your horses, he betrayed you and cannot be trusted.
>>
>>53042210
>>When asked why he said it's for safety
If he has to fear for his safety at a gaming table I'd consider that a breach of the most basic societal trust relationship and would either ask him to leave or leave myself
TLDR : Can't trust us, I can't trust you
>>
>>53047562
>It's heroic and paladin-like to lead demons into villages to slaughter at a whim, and villainous to prevent that from happening.
OP is That Guy and so are you.
>>
>>53029733
Remember when you were a kid and you went to a family event and some little cousin or some shit bitched because his parents wouldn't let him do something all the other kids could?(Personal example is a a relative with ADHD or some shit who wasn't allowed to have soda) Remember how they were a whiny twat for a vast majority of the event afterwards? Imagine that behavior, from a grown ass adult. It was annoying when we were 6 and its annoying now that we're adults Hunter!
>>
>>53042210
Just gonna throw out there that if he wasn't a fucking idiot, and if he actually felt like the gun was necessary, he would keep it concealed.

Even around friends I have known for AGES and have played D&D with for AGES I never display my firearm. I conceal carry everywhere I am legally able to, but the key word is conceal. Nobody knows I have it, unless they know me really well, then they could probably guess.
Any good gun owner would understand all the safety rules they are breaking by doing some dumb shit like that.

Any dude who just pulls a gun out like that is trash, and potentially dangerous. He should be bludgeoned when he is not looking.
>>
File: 1486700164202.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1486700164202.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
>>53022634
>your plan involves letting a Ranger get lost or stranded
>your plan also involves outpacing a Ranger in overworld travel

That's like a plan that involves a Wizard not casting magic.
>>
>>53047632
I don't care about his party's agenda. There is one dude in it that sabotages it and that's why he should leave.

Go, be a faggot with your reverse-shaming somewhere else.
>>
>>53047632
The Paladin has literally spend only two days with the party and doesn't particularly know the whole situation (only demons are here and wrecking shit yo), only that they need to get to a certain city and require protection, as ordered by his superior.
>>
>>53023195
Easy. You proceed to not defuse the bomb and instead break the closest door/window, get out and proceed to drench the guy in alchemist acid.

Or if this is a pathfinder alchemist you hit the roid-rage button, chug a mutagen and simply throw the coach at the guy.
>>
>>53047790
He should leave, but because the entire party is shit and thinks ensuring that hundreds are tortured to death is perfectly fine, and he seems to actually be a reasonable human being.
>>
File: 1493765754736.gif (128KB, 728x426px) Image search: [Google]
1493765754736.gif
128KB, 728x426px
>>53024979
Sounds like a great DM
>>
>>53026531

Is she hot though?
>>
>>53027723
This dm sounds more and more shit the longer I stay in this thread.
>>
>>53042241
>>53042619
>>53043822
>>53047621
>>53047725

Don't you worry guys it's all good now

as it was before, because it never happened
>>
>>53047951
Read OP's previous replies anon.
>>
>>53047951
Doesn't matter. The majority should boot the minority for derailing their agenda. It doesn't make sense to keep a leech that works against the group, it's counter productive.

Also, the ranger's player is kind of a dick. He should had informed the party about his concerns. Figure this out openly, not steal their horses, that's treason and he should had never again faced the party. Now there is GM's fault, because his character could became an NPC at that point. And finally, there is fault of the group, because they allowed the ranger to rejoin, probably because - as players, not characters - they didn't want to be dick to that player.
>>
>>53047951
It's an imaginary cooperative game you autist.
Someone who actively fucks over the other players in that imaginary game should either stop doing that or express his concerns with the other players before actively sabotaging the others on his own.
>>
>>53046983
Everyone chooses their own level of involvement.

Or should the dm try to drag participation out of the little introvert fag, who just sits there dreaming about cock, and doesn't join in.
>>
>>53018622
GM needs to grow some balls and tell him to knock that shit off.
>>
>>53048324
Wrong.

The ranger should leave the PC's and the player should make a new character, that allings better with the group.
>>
Okay, I'll admit I've been That Guy.
First campaign ever, and I'm playing a rogue (That's 'TG' material enough).
Get to a point in le dungeon where we're facing off a deamon.
Deamon lets the party skip some floors or some shit because our sage threatens to send him to hell.
Irl I was SUPER religious at that time, so in my head I'm thinking this is some Dark Dungeons level shit going on, making a deal with a deamon and stuff.
I ruin the deal halfway in, and we get sent BACK a level. Also earthquake, I think. But yeah, deamon back in hell.
I then complained about why the treasure room was blocked.

And that's leaving out the part where I whined about being so UP and stuff. Nice group though, so I just 'so happened' to find a lot of stuff later on. Man, I felt like crap.

Trying to redeem myself as a player now, though. Now I'm the 'keep the players from killing themselves' guy.
...and the diplomat. Those guys start wars left and right. At least they're not starting Crusades in the corner, though.
>>
>>53023718
You're not being hunted, but there's a demon army behind you?
>>
>>53048770
And that's how DM should had intervened. By asking the ranger's player if he really wants to do it, because rest of the party is in no way obliged to tolerate this behaviour. Propose to make a new character or abandon the plan, because this leads to pvp, and it's always weird when doing it to another player. Also, ask the rest of the group what would they do in retaliation (it's much easier to tell if it's just speculation and not action against another player).

But never, ever should the GM force the player to not do it. It's his character, he wants to abandon it or outright kill. His character doesn't have a mind of it's own, there is no shit like "my character would do this and that, that's how he is". Fuck no, you dictate what he would do and how he is, don't hide behind an imaginary personality that YOU created and YOU roleplay.
>>
>>53026666
>/k/ wanders over to /tg/
>>
>>53029412

Only according to that anon's version of events. We've all seen how bullshit and one-sided greentext stories are from whenever someone else from the same game shows up and tells the other side.
>>
>>53051169
Well, a demon army is slowly but surely conquering the known world.
>>
>>53050931
What happened to your religious conviction?
>>
>>53050931
>I was SUPER religious at that time
I'm super religious and I can play DnD just fine. Unless you mean misguided religious.
>>
>>53031138
If it's a dude in his 20's or 30's, that's when mental issues start popping up.
>>
>>53018534
Just accidentally hit him during a combat.

In the head. Or neck.

With a significant weapon.

Then make sure your party fails to save him, or he is wounded and can't ride.

Hell even just drop your hammer on his foot, turning it to paste. He needs a crutch from now on...
>>
>>53018534
Or kill the horses. For food.
Because the locals aren't feeding you.
>>
>>53051500
>>53051524

I was just gonna put him in cuffs, or kill the horses and use paladin steeds (there's two in the party, devotion and vengeance) to carry on forward.

Ranger or not, on horse is going to beat on foot most of the time.
>>
>>53029753
>bowcaster that can alternate between firing bolts and healing syringes

Pretty sure this dude is ripping the idea from TF2

Furthermore, I bet he's one of those faggots who play Medic and try to melee people to death
>>
>>53048719

Yes, the DM should encourage introverted players.

>b-b-b-but muh hyperbole where I make that sound as negative as I possibly can!

In advance: KYS
>>
File: 1260585284155.png (94KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
1260585284155.png
94KB, 600x541px
>>53018534
Old story, haven't posted it before though:

>Playing with a couple friends and relatives a nice simple pathfinder game full of noobs who love RP.
>To be fair, they never were amoral.
>Really want a 4th player and my GF brother knows a guy from playing 40k...and it's That Guy.
>Each of them started with at least a code of honor and it developed into some rather intense robin-hooding.
>Rolls up a rip-off of Aragorn. Half-elf Ranger. Min-maxes the shit out of it for arcane archer.
>trying to retain his sanity by helping others and building a big happy
>Druid, Rogue, Fighter all pretty average.
>pretty merciless, but has a soft spot for street urchins
>Druid Leopard raping shit and dropping entangle like a boss
>the most normal of them all... he's just a mostly amoral criminal
>Rogue is all sneaky, RP's playing the angles, not stealing everyone's shit. Team player
>Fighter is a little below average 15,14,13,14,10,10. Decides to keep the stats and roll sword and board.
>I just love how completely off the rails this game has gotten
>That guy rages whenever he doesn't do the best in combat, tries to sexually assault the female players IC and OOC, bitches about magic items, treasure, tries to tell me how skills work even though I'm 8 years older with a decade more RPG experience, shows up late, needs rides, complains about his fucking anti-depressant pills making him need food, doesn't chip in for pizza, tried to paint his 40k guys while playing, and now because he's ineffectual no matter how much I prod him he has become reckless so he can play a sorcerer and blast shit.
>I find it funny that almost every block some cataclysmic event happens that irrevocably changes a Plane forever
>I have 3 GREAT players and one THAT FUCKING GUY GRATING MY GEARS.
>...And on the flipside, I'm also fine with his eventual "comic book ressurection"
>>
>>53028517
>World
>XVII
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>53051755

Are you one of those people that mention people you've never met by names without explaining who they are? Because that's the vibe I get from your description of this guy. Fucking insufferable way of talking.
>>
>>53051905
They seem kinda out of order, plus I can't find The Stars in there
>>
>>53051755
I can't understand a single thing going on in this story.
>>
>>53026666
>russian guy
>trump hat
checks out, nice FSB spy you have there
>>
>>53033821
The same kind off twat that has a twat like that for a friend.
>>
>>53045867
It almost sounds to me like the DM is being retarded and the Ranger is trying to derail because he's sick of the bullshit.
>>
>>53051438
Yeah, that's what I meant- sorry for my word choice.
And my religious conviction? I just took a more relaxed approach, and actually tried reading the bible. It... was long. And I found out it was the 'wrong' one.

It's like when you're playing D&D 5E without reading Da Rules, but when you eventually do because you're tired of asking q's all the time, you look at the cover and see Pathfinder taunting you.
>>
>>53037617
So, update on this story, a friend I have in the group chat who I do still talk to because he's chill and we've been tight since elementary school told me what's been going on since i left. Basically even though I left right after all this happened, everyone is acting surprised and wondering why I left randomly. Is this just me or are these guys so clueless that they just straight up don't understand why someone would be upset over being left out of something like this without even being thought about.
>>
>>53054090
I think you're one of those people who think others are more perceptive than they are. If you truly do not wish to play with them, make up some excuse about too much work (or be truthful). Otherwise, tell them you found it a bit uncool they excluded you, and just play with them. Seeing as how the first time the DM notified you and everything, while YOU failed to notify the group at all, they could be angry at you, if they were ones to get stuck up on that kind of stuff. You're being just a little selfish and I think you wish to be insulted so that you have an excuse to not play with them. Correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>53054166
To clarify what I meant with more perceptive: I think your emotions and actions are hard to recognise and predict for others. Not saying they are illogical, just saying that you are the kind of guy that will take 9 insults and completely ignore a person after the 10th, but never give them a clue from 1st to 9th they are doing something wrong. Am I making sense to you?
>>
>>53053250
I agree with this guy. The ranger seems like he's trying to do what little he can to derail a really railroaded campaign, and the DM is going along with it because he's not actually letting anything the ranger does disrupt his plot points, jut delay them to the annoyance of his players.
>>
>>53054166
It's the other way around guy, I reminded them the night before (the night we were supposed to play when the DM and another guy forgot
), nobody reminded me the delayed night. It's not that they excluded me, it's that nobody even thought to check and see if maybe I had forgotten, even though just the night before I had to remind half the group that we were supposed to be playing.
>>
>>53026666
Sounds like a cool guy, I don't know what the problem is. Somebody has to be the party lead?
>>
>>53054272
Believe me, I know where you're coming from because I've had the same happen to me. Your friends apparently don't realise their mistake, so they probably didn't do it on purpose, and it's unlikely they don't care, or they wouldn't give a shit if you left. They just forgot. Maybe you're just a quiet guy and harder to notice, maybe since you have a wife and work and all, they assumed you would spend time otherwise, maybe they thought that since you were so eager the previous day, you wouldn't forget on the next unless you had something really important to do... it could be a myriad of things, and yeah, it could be they are just a bunch of assholes or don't like you, but you should at least talk to them, or at least to your buddy to find out where the communication lines got bent.
>>
File: thatgirl.png (11KB, 735x159px) Image search: [Google]
thatgirl.png
11KB, 735x159px
>>
>>53054383
I don't want to believe this is real
>>
>>53054383
People using the Yungian personality thingy are such a red flag.
>>
>>53054417
Well, after looking that up, I actually learned something. Thanks, /tg/.
>>
>>53018622
Honestly, it sounds like your Paladin should be siding with the Ranger on this one, assuming you're playing an edition where Paladins have to be lawful good of course.
>>
File: shesreal.png (162KB, 895x703px) Image search: [Google]
shesreal.png
162KB, 895x703px
>>53054383
>>53054411
She's real. This is a story I have to save for another day, though.
>>
>>53054524
The way I've thought it about is that, with incomplete knowledge of the party's situation as he has only recently joined up (after another PC death), and an order from his superior to protect the party, the ranger's action simply get in the way as the party would be much less safer camping out in the wilds than behind walls.
>>
>>53054350
I feel you, I know they probably didn't do it on purpose, it's just that they've been "not doing this stuff on purpose" for years. I get that they're probably not being malevolent, and that I don't always mention when I'm upset, but when they do shit like try to fuck my wife because she's drunk, or leave us in the snow for 3 hours because he wanted to hang out with his girlfriend, you just kind of stop caring about whether someone is being malicious.
>>
>>53054599
Well damn son, you should have mentioned those things before.
Fuck those assholes, don't associate with them.
>>
File: IMG_20170504_075039.jpg (33KB, 231x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_075039.jpg
33KB, 231x275px
>>53030650
>deciding to masturbate while forgetting to mute his microphone
>>
>>53030650
If it's OG Deadlands, I'd just laugh at how bad Martial Artists are.
>>
>>53054526
>This is a story I have to save for another day
It's technically a new day here, so post the story, ya homo.
>>
>>53024379

Grease isn't flammable, you fuck
>>
>>53051330
Why is the paladin travelling with the party instead of battling the demon army with the conventional armies and the rest of the paladins?
>>
>>53055554
His superior's orders mostly.

Also there doesn't seem to be armies anymore, just little pockets of resistance.
>>
>>53054571
I think a lot of people in this thread are missing the line between TG and a little inter-party conflict to add interest.

A lot of people seem to think the party should work as one fluid unit, constantly attempting to complete each goal put in front of them... That looks to me like someone who just wants to be playing an MMO without the freedom to approach situations from different angles.

The ranger is doing some good roleplaying, inspecting his intentions and doing what he would think is right. He's not attacking another player, stealing something from their inventory, outwardly telling the towns to attack the party, or even cutting the party off from supplies from the towns they encounter.

This is an opportunity, not an issue. Think how your paladin would respond. Do you confront him about horse-thievery and then get told his motivations, possibly being swayed by his lawful stance? Maybe you empathise with him, and yet still demand he pay recompense to the rest of the party, asking him to discuss as a group where they each want to head (mainly for the GM's benefit, so he can see you all feel railroaded)
>>
>>53018534
Did you try asking him not to act a doomsayer? First in character and then out?
Tbh it sounds pretty funny and could make for some fun, why not play along?
Also what edition? I love paladins.
>>
>>53055673
Sorry if I just see it as a waste of time that will probably end in another character death. I just don't see anywhere decent this could go.

>>53055688
Well, no, but he saw the IC and OOC reaction to the turn of events.

I don't want to play along because every time something like that has happened (i.e. a character going off on their own), it's just ended up with the game world more fucked.

Also, 5th Edition, Oath of Devotion. So any backstabbing is out, unfortunately.
>>
>>53051275
Breh this lady showed up with a literal (figurative) mary "the shadowedgelord" sue character sheet.
>>
>>53055777
Welcome to /tg/
we will defend anything and anyone, for the sake of being contrarian cunts
>>
>>53026818
Should have kept it and just said you were the groundskeeper. Just generally that's what you do. Coulda been good.
>>
File: wizards.png (15KB, 180x209px) Image search: [Google]
wizards.png
15KB, 180x209px
>>53024379
Gee, I wonder if a wizard was behind this post.
>>
File: IMG_0783.jpg (288KB, 1440x1385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0783.jpg
288KB, 1440x1385px
>>53054417
Isn't it myers-Briggs? Isn't it Jungian? Am I being baited?
>>
Had a sorta that guy who played tabletops like video games. He roleplayed the bare minimum and didn't really participate in shit unless he was killing shit. And after that when the DM is describing he'd constantly interrupt and say shit like "cool, wheres the loot?" or "I enter the cave are there any enemies or loot?" and just sit there silently looking bored whenever the DM or us tried to rp or describe stuff.

I get that some love that part of gaming, but why are you even trying to play pen and paper roleplaying games? He wasn't the worst, but it's just a pain in the ass and off putting.
>>
>>53055786
Hi, thanks for the welcome, I'm anon. Do you have any "That Guy" stories for us?
>>
>>53055715
You should speak with him in or out of character, or both if you find it distressing or aggravating. Don't try and escalate it with tomfoolery and maybe you can direct the game, to an extent, in the direction of one you'd like to be a part of.
>>
>>53055905
We'll see. Current plan is still put the ranger in manacles until he cools off. :p
>>
>>53055913
Anon, you are a paladin. That sounds like a rather arbitrary action when you haven't even tried to speak with him. Having DM'd a party with a very similar split (we also had a "that guy" ranger) I can only warn you that your hope lies with doubling down with his stupid (as in go along with it), or nuting up and speaking like adults.
>>
>>53024979
>this is the medieval times so gay relationships are frowned upon
>being misinformed
wow, I was with the GM up until this point. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>53055836
Nah I'm just really tired.
>>
>>53055715
The more I hear of this campaign the more it seems like the Ranger is one small symptom of the game, not really the core issue. As >>53055673 said, inter party conflict is not exactly unheard of and usually can be pretty interesting just from a story perspective.

His actions might not necessarily be great but it's hardly That Guy territory. I imagine that your characters would not be pleased about what he's up to, so why haven't they tried to resolve it as a team? I mean, you mentioned the Demon Army just kinda pops out of nowhere, it's not tracking you. So the Ranger basically sounds like he's in the right - you have no idea when or where the army will strike, but every time you go to a town it gets fucked. Rather than get pushed along by the DM and watching countless innocents die wherever you set foot, he tries to divert the party, and when that doesn't work he takes more extreme measures to get you away from civilization (presumably where he can use his Ranger skills to lead and feed the party without need of towns) so no one else dies. He's not even trying to be a dick about it either, which is why he comes clean and is still otherwise on side.

Seems like something that can be handled with character interaction. More investigation into how the demon army tracks or moves about, or when it attacks. Taking alternate routes, that sort of thing. If the DM gets notably annoyed by people trying to go off the beaten path or think outside the box to thwart demon attacks on their way to Mulligan City then I don't think you have a Ranger problem.
>>
>>53055946
We have talked both IC and OOC. He's made it pretty clear that the ranger will still do the whole shebang unless stopped.
>>
>>53055976
I rescind all my previous judgements and objections. Put that dude in irons and pour a bucket of cold water over his head (IC).
>>
>>53056003
Given the ranger's flightly actions of running away every night, it'll be a good measure to make sure we have a good debate. :)
>>
>>53026304
Hiding dice rolls and fudging your numbers out of sight of the group are THE classic munchkin tactics. DM should be slapping his shit.

>>53026531
I feel bad for her. She's just going through the "teenager first getting into tabletop" phase late and you're hating on her for it.

>>53034402
That was just god communicating with you. His message was true, you CAN civilise the darkies if you love them enough.
>>
>>53047754

It sounds like the ranger is riding a few days ahead to warn the town and a few days back.

They would have 4 to 6 days head start on the ranger and leave ZERO track to be followed.

Also the ranger is stealing the horses. time for some lawful stupid justice.
>>
>>53023959
>First time DM
>Make an extremely easy to solve (but dangerous if the party fucks up) puzzle room, certain tiles deal damage when stepped on.
>Party somehow repeatedly fucks up and spends about an hour IRL in this room and are close to death, cleric is out of healing.
>Smugly give them a clue about the puzzle, thinking they're being stupid.
>They had all figured out the puzzle within minutes
>I had misaligned the trapped tiles 1 square forward, making the puzzle nonsensical.
>The room shudders and the puzzle breaks due to the misalignment and you see a shimmering blue powder rise from gaps between the tiles into the air, as you breathe the arcane dust you are restored to full health and regain all used spells.
>The players overall enjoy the night and can't wait for next week, tell me not to worry about the puzzle.
I still cringe when I think about this years later
>>
>>53025385
Furries pls leave
>>
>>53056659
This sounds kinda familiar.
>>
>>53051755
Maybe type your story in a language readable by human beings next time anon
>>
>>53026531
the way it builds up to
made me kek
>>
>>53056659
Next time don't insert your sick dungeon tile fetish in the game, anon.
>>
>>53034402
>darkies

fucking kek
>>
>>53024853
Holy shit what is wrong with you dude
>>
>>53056749
When someone posts the cereal guy as the picture, you can be damn sure they were high/drunk as shit writing it.
>>
>Ambushed by Orcs, combat goes horribly wrong
>Dwarf NPC face down in the mud, bleeding out
>Wizard has a knife held to his throat
>They're demanding we surrender
>"Drop your weapons"
>We're clearly beaten, but That Guy defiantly won't drop his weapon
>He does acknowledges that we should surrender, but can't bring himself to actually drop his weapon
>One of the Orcs forcefully disarms That Guy.

>A plan formulates in That Guys head
>"Orcs hate Dwarves, right?"
>Right.
>In an attempt to earn their respect, he curbstomps the Dwarf NPC, killing him
>This makes the Orcs even madder, since the life was theirs to take
>This entire time the rest of the players (and the DM) are holding their heads in their hands screaming "WHY???"
>With the Orcs visibly mad, and looking to go on the offensive, That Guy takes the initiative, and punches the Wizard-holding Orc in the face

>DM obviously thinks it's unfair to punish the Wizard in this situation, so the Orc holding her captive throws her aside in rage and starts wailing on That Guy
>He's knocked unconcious, and we're on the edge of our seat, watching him make and fail death saves
>The encounter ends with a dead Dwarf, a bunch of dead Orcs, and a dead That Guy

If anything, he certainly makes things interesting.
>>
>>53055875
>but why are you even trying to play pen and paper roleplaying games?
The advantage of pen and paper RPGs is that your characters are eternal.

In a game you only have the adventures that are programmed into the game. Your character can only grow as much as the game allows you to grow.

In a RPG however after you beat a campaign you can export your character to others and the only real limit is your group imagination, everything else can be changed.
>>
>>53018534
Got my own "that guy" in my 3.5 dnd group... Not the worst I've had by any stretch, BUT, he has introduced a mechanic that I'm having a little trouble dealing with.

He's a monk/psion (of some sort) build, specialized mostly in making himself as large as possible. His main trick is to Metamorph into a treant, and then enlarge, making him colossal. Honestly, it isn't a huge deal, but being able to reach dragons as they fly away, and having an obscene natural armor at level 8 is sort of rough.

They're in the middle of a dragon encounter right now, and I really feel like showing him that Treants have a Dex of 8 is the way to go... Im just nervous that the dragon breath is going to kill him outright.

Anybody got any more gentle ideas? The next couple of portions of the story are going to put the group underground or in situations he will have difficulty enlarging in, but has anybody else ever dealt with something like this?
>>
I've read some stories about That Guys who got kicked from a game. As someone who only ever played RPG's with friends I know very well, I wonder how or when this is done?
I mean, do people regularly play with people they don't know very well personally? Or do they just tell their friends to fuck off?
Wouldn't this have concequences for the friendship outside of the game?
>>
>>53028230

I think we're all in agreement; painting a mini is not something everyone enjoys, or is good at, or feels comfortable doing. If this were my table, and I gave enough of a shit to want custom minis, I would paint it for her. Maybe even with her, have her there to make color choices, maybe she gets interested and wants to try a bit.

You're the snowflake, man, not her.
>>
File: happy_animu_gorilla.png (608KB, 761x720px) Image search: [Google]
happy_animu_gorilla.png
608KB, 761x720px
>>53057695
>I mean, do people regularly play with people they don't know very well personally? Or do they just tell their friends to fuck off?
Funnily enough, the only people that I ever had to kick out of any of my games were very good friends of mine that decided to shit up the game just for the hell of it. And when I say "friends", I mean the kinda guys that we could spend 2 years with no contact and meet instantly to go get some beers.

>Wouldn't this have concequences for the friendship outside of the game?
Nope! I can see it happening with some, but if they get mad enough to for your friendship to get ruined over a goddamn TTRPG, then they weren't worthwhile friends anyway.
>>
>>53029250

See, that? You should have lead with that.
>>
>>53057779
Agreed, poster was being a sperg by not clarifying situation
>>
>>53057771
So I'm curious, what was their reaction.
Was it like "You're a fucking clown and you can't come anymore" and he's like "Kay" or did it ever turn in to an argument?
>>
>>53055966
>misinformed

i was under the impression that it was frowned upon, with the sole exception being monasteries where monks would engage in "brotherly love", as in, putting it in each others butts
If i recall, it was in order to stave off the sin of lust, and for closer companionship in quite a few cases, although later (as in, after the medieval period) it was banned because it was still the gay sex

Of course, just because something is frowned upon doesn't stop it from happening
Adultery is not just frowned upon, but goes against scripture, but that didn't stop bastard sons of kings being born, after all

(That GM was still a dick, not arguing that)
>>
>>53056659
>The players overall enjoy the night
remember that part, something always goes wrong the first time, as long as you correct your mistakes and learn from them, you're not That Guy
>>
>>53024379
I'd rather play with the Ranger than with you.
>>
>>53026531
>15 minutes later she left, and promised to read up on the rules and all that 'stuff'.

Encourage her and teach her well.
No need to be a dick to her.
She'll be ashamed of it later on anyway.
>>
>>53039666
Nice trickery Satan.
>>
>>53026848
>he can't hold his liquor
Not a real slav.
Probably just a larping Canadian.
>>
>>53046538
Guy, we've all seen some shit. This is pretty believable to me.
>>
>>53046363
you have to go back
>>
>>53033295
Is your GM a member of the antifa by chance?
>>
>>53034402
Holy Fucking KeK on a Dragon dildo.

Nah you just discovered your inner Swede and that liberals are cancer.
>>
File: ohoo kay.gif (983KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
ohoo kay.gif
983KB, 500x364px
>>53057836
Well, it varied with every person

>Guy 1
Had to kick him twice. First time it was kinda nasty, but he owned up to the shit he did in-game (kept betraying the party for breadcrumbs) and I allowed him to join another game. Then he just didn't pay any attention to the game and just texted some chick on facebook for about three straight hours. I kicked him before the session ended, but. Indefinately banned from the table, but we're still hanging out.

>Guy 2
Trickier that the previous guy. I've known this dude since I was a wee-tot, but he had to be dragged out of the apartment. Probably the ugliest way to remove someone from a game and he was furious, but a couple weeks later he had cooled off. Still buddies to this day.

>Gal
Well, I kicked her because she couldn't stop insulting everyone else directly or indirectly. It just made the game ungodly miserable and nobody wanted her around emasculating everyone. She just kinda up and left. No argument, no next day grudges, no nothing.

Maybe my friends are the chillest people on the planet?
Maybe it's just a friendship thing.
>>
>>53039626
>he literally starts shitflinging
>>
>>53058307
>but he had to be dragged out of the apartment.

>Probably the ugliest way to remove someone from a game.

>Probably

What the fuck did he do.
>>
>>53057686
How about a chase scene?
>>
>>53058434
Treants ARE pretty slow... That being said, I think he could just shift into something with wings.

Splitting the party and having him chased into a bunch of touch attacks by himself could be fun I suppose
>>
>>53058352
He went on a sudden racist rant while drunk. When we told him to tone it down or shut up, he grabbed his chair and swung it at us while calling us nigger-lovers, traitors to the country and all that lovely stuff. Didn't hit anyone, but he misstepped, broke the chair and then everyone just grabbed him by each limb and dragged him outside.

From what he says, some uncle of his was pushing him to join his neonazi gang when that happened. Thankfully, he got away from him and put that whole shit behind him.
>>
>>53058498
Damn, even That Guy would frown upon this.
>>
>>53043822
/k/ommando here, I can safely say that not all people have pride stemming from the feeling of power. If I'm with friends and I pull out my gun to show off, it's because that gun in particular is really cool in some specific way. The idea that it's pride fueled by feelings of power is a really flimsy one that I could only see being the case very rarely.

Also in regards to the social gathering rules, some people (myself included) carry firearms for practical purposes, however remote. It being a social gathering - barring alcohol, imo - generally shouldn't make that less of a motivator.

My overall point being that it may very well not be some autistic show of power.
>>
>>53058732
Can we at least agree that suddenly pulling out your gun and not putting it away when repeatedly asked is not normal in any way?
>>
>>53058732
Guy you just replied to here, I think you're cool. I'll concede that whether it's acceptable to bring a weapon varies depending on where you live and who you hang out with, and the real issue is inability to detect or acknowledge acceptability and discomfort among your friends.

The way I read the original story, That Guy seemed to be very intent on keeping the gun conspicuously close and refusing to put it away, and that's the real red flag for control freaks IMO. I could have phrased my post better though.
>>
>>53018622
I'm gonna have to side with the Ranger. He is objectively doing nothing wrong.
>>
>>53034402
Obviously Varg visited you in your dreams. Now you must follow your destiny and live off of wellfare in the wilderness.
>>
>>53055419
UHHHHHHH... Yes, yes it is.
Source: real life.
>>
>>53051755
I wish I had a girlfriend brother, that would be so convenient.

>>53051907
>>53052127
>>53056749
translated from ESL to EFL
>playing with a couple of friends and relatives
>a nice, simple pathfinder game full of noobs who love to RP
>none of them have shown any signs of being assholes before, so I don't think anything will go wrong
>really want a fourth player, and girlfriend's brother knows a guy from 40k
>he turns out to be That Guy
>everyone starts out with at least a code of honour if not strictly "good" or "lawful," which will eventually turn into some Robin Hood shenanigans
>That Guy is a munchkin who rolls up a minmaxed half-elf Aragorn ripoff specced for arcane archer
>his story is that he is trying to retain his sanity by helping others and building a big happy family
>the other three are a druid, a rogue and a fighter, who are all pretty average
>the druid is pretty merciless, but has a soft spot for street urchins
>wrecks shit with his leopard and entangle
>the rogue is a run of the mill amoral character
>he's sneaky and gets into the role but plays all the angles rather than slighting the party
>the fighter ends up rolling below-average stats but sticks with them, just goes sword-and-board
>things look like they could shape up well
>That Guy gets angry any time he doesn't do the best in combat, both RPs sexually assaulting the female players' characters IC and the players themselves OOC, bitches about magic items and treasure he doesn't like, tries to tell me how skills work even though I'm 8 years older with a decade more RPG experience, shows up late, needs rides, complains about his anti-depressants making him hungry but doesn't chip in for pizza and tries to paint his 40k minis while playing
>upset that his character is ineffectual, he becomes reckless and tries to play like a sorcerer and blast shit
>now every time we have a session he makes it all about him, causing some cataclysm that changes a plane
>>
>>53059041
In character, he's not only fucking things up for a party trying to fix the root cause of the issue, but assuming he knows better than anyone else.
Out of character, he's twisting the knife for an already railroaded party.

He's an asshole on both fronts.
>>
>>53046363
>misogyny
More likely she's just a doormat. Dominant personalities tend to ignore or fail to notice submissive personalities in a group. It's not even a deliberate decision, it's just something that happens. You pick up on how submissive someone is, and the larger the group and the more submissive they are, the more you just ignore them because if they don't think they're important obviously they aren't important. Submissive people even tend to do it to each other. It's why high school is such a hellish experience for so many people, regardless of gender, as well.

Of course once someone like that poster recognises the problem the good thing to do would be to point out that you've been kind of ignoring her and that maybe you should be a bit more accommodating, but if asserting themselves whatsoever makes them nervous (as seems to be her case, given that she accepted the DM overriding her question) there isn't much you can do.

>>53058307
The girl sounds wife-tier. No problem dropping bantz, no problem shrugging and leaving when nerds get upset.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.