[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Podcast questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hey /tg/ my friends and I started up a Bi-monthly podcast for gaming in the local area. We were wondering if you you guys had any general questions we could have extended discussions about. The podcast is mostly about miniature and board gaming, with a frontloaded section to advertise upcoming events, tournaments, and leagues for the local area.

We've only had 2 previous questions, One asking the Pros of getting back into 40k and what we like about it, and the second asking If we chose armies/factions on crunch or fluff.
>>
>interesting thread that goes ignored

Sorry, OP. Personally, I'm attempting to make my own board game so discussion about mechanics and theory/concept would be of interest to me, but I don't know if that's a very large audience.
>>
>>53013916
Ain't no problem my man, some nights are better than others.

I wouldn't think so but then again the three of us have never tired to make a game. We usually know when a mechanic does or doesn't work though and we do talk about things we do and don't like about certain systems or games.

Is there a specific question you had about that topic though?
>>
>>53012205
Going to be a bit harsh here, but with those topics you will never get much in way of questions and viewers. Nearly every question that might be asked about wargaming has most likely been discussed at length and with better sources on one of the many forums dedicated to the various wargames. As for board games, all that matters is if you had fun and there are already no small amount of let's plays that focus on board games. If you and your friend are knowledgeable in game design like >>53013916 you would at least have a sweet niche.
>>
>>53014027
Not trying to get a ton of viewers, as I stated it's mostly for the local area. We get the odd person listening from out of town, but for the most part I don't intend for the podcast to blow up and be a big thing worldwide.

Really all I'm looking for is some questions to get us off talking about simply talking about events and new releases and add a little more depth to the episodes.
>>
>>53013977

Hm, how would you feel about character alignment (like D&D) playing a factor in a board game? Like your can gain or lose alignment depending on luck and/or choices made when drawing the various cards. It's something I'm thinking about implementing, I think it could add a bit of depth to the game, but it could also not work at all. I haven't playtested anything but what do you think about it, in theory?
>>
>>53014118
It could work, it is worth noting that talisman had an alignment system for the random events on the cards and some spaces on the game board, you even had the druid who could shift alignments at will.
>>
>>53014156

Ah shit, that's right. Well now I have to try to make it different from theirs or scrap it altogether. Maybe it's forgivable? Nothing new under the sun and all that...I'm basically making a board game version of my custom pathfinder campaign, so I wanted to include Alignment.
>>
>>53014283
I think it would be better if the event cards had like 2-3 options on them with a roll associated with them.
SO lets say you have the good option or the evil option with a good character

Good option: is (1-3) Failure
(4-5) success w/ bad stuff
(6+) good stuff no consequences

Evil: Similar to good maybe change some numbers around or shift what happens (maybe a fight starts, maybe what they came here for gets destroyed)

The true difference between the choices is your character's alignment, a good character gets 2 dice for the Good table but only 1 for the Evil.
That sound good?
>>
Can you talk about why SJWs attacked this dude on dakkadakka?
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/90/724714.page
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.