[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inner Asia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0958.jpg (1MB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0958.jpg
1MB, 750x1056px
Can not!Inner Asia settings be fun and interesting?

Or are they doomed to merely being sources of not!bloodthirsty mongol ripoffs?
>>
>>53011547
If MtG is any indication they're doomed to being raped by dragons
>>
>>53011567
I'm still fucking angry.
>>
>>53011575
We all are.
>>
tfw no setting with artwork as detailed as Bride's Story
>>
For sure. Read Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Or play several Dynasty Warriors games) and Journey To The West to get a good idea of how to craft a good setting with elements from China and India. If you want India and Tibet to be more prominent (As China is 90% of RotTK) then read The Jungle Book (The original anthology stories by Kipling) and read up on Tibetan Buddhism. Japan has ruined a lot of asian games as they're kind of lame and only interesting when romanticized out the ass.
>>
File: IMG_0959.jpg (144KB, 773x535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0959.jpg
144KB, 773x535px
>>53011698
I'm talkin bout here
>>
>>53011547
I'm slowly working on one.
There's horde stuff but also mountain clans and high desert shamans, silk road citadels and hill people strong holds.
Kind of Bactrian, maybe a little far flung turkic. Persian/Greek myths meet the Eastern Hordes, its a clash of culture thing for sure.
Map looks like not!kyrgyzstan at this point
>>
>>53011547
http://udan-adan.blogspot.com/2015/06/why-central-asia-is-perfect-rpg-setting.html
>>
>>53011820
Hmm
>>
File: otoyomegatari location.jpg (469KB, 1191x842px) Image search: [Google]
otoyomegatari location.jpg
469KB, 1191x842px
>>53011547
Do you describe the foods the PCs are eating?
>>
File: Tibet-5855_(2590802338).jpg (369KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Tibet-5855_(2590802338).jpg
369KB, 1280x960px
>>53011547
It certainly has the potential, with things like Samarkand, the Sogdian Rock, ancient walls containing Gog and Magog, oasis towns more cosmopolite than fantasy kingdoms, blocky hymalayan fortresses over rocks that seem designed by dwarfs, nomads whose family life is around making the bows, nasty deserts, unbelievable mountains and the Silk Route itself.

The main issue is one of lack of archeological/historical/cultural interest. It isn't all that relevant like Europe or China nowadays, or studied as extensively as the formers or Ancient Egypt. An issue it shares with South America and Africa.

As research develops, information will drop into popular culture until it reaches the point of having a market curious about it. But I don't expect it to be anywhere near the bulk of resources devoted to this, both financial and human.
>>
>>53011547
I mean you posted the best source of inspiration you can probably find on the subject.

>>53016285
There are tons of different cultures and beliefs, foods, warrior cultures, weapons, and cool cultural practices found in that area of the world. It's just hard to lock down how to exactly go about bringing the flavor to light. But you can probably do a lot with "a man, his horse, and a falcon" stereotype that gets romanticized so often.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.