[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

Real talk.
Would a war hammer 40k film work and how should it be done cause i only see 3 options

Completely serious live action CGI hybrid similar to the Warcraft film.

Slightly less serious animated film copying the atheistic of the models rather than what they would look like IRL like how to train your dragon

Live action CGI hybrid, non serious musical with different genres ranging from opera for the imperium to rock for the Orks

TL;DR would a Warhammer 40k film work as a live action musical?
>>
File: 1355638268990.jpg (84KB, 495x755px) Image search: [Google]
1355638268990.jpg
84KB, 495x755px
A 40k film would probably end up having the IG as the focus so the audience can relate to them. Gimme that gritty Band of Brothers style Siege of Vraks film already.
>>
>>53005585
I'd watch a fantasia-type thing with different genres showing off each faction.
>>
>>53005585
Completely serious 2D animation with stunning visuals.
>>
>>53005620
Better yet, an Animatrix style film.
>>
>>53005585
Ciaphas Cain movie that's less grimdark and more military with a bit of comedy mixed in. Starts out in the first major book with his assignment to the Valhallans, with minor flashback sequences to other stories like the Genestealer one when the GS Cult is revealed.

Have moments of narration where it's initially only Cain talking, however Amberley sometimes cuts in after she's introduced.
>>
File: termagent.png (154KB, 624x644px) Image search: [Google]
termagent.png
154KB, 624x644px
I'd love to see an IG/Nids horror-thriller
>>
>>53005585
If you're asking how I think it would likely be done:

>Realistic CGI a la Warcraft or Beowulf
>Protags are the IG, with the Space Marines showing up later to kick ass.
>Main character would likely be a Commissar in the vein of Cain or Gaunt, or maybe a low-grade Inquisitor
>Villains would be Orks, with Chaos showing up later like in the Space Marine game.

Armageddon might be a good setting if you're looking for something already in the lore.

Now if you're asking what I personally would like to see, and think would be cool:

>A bunch of vignettes showcasing different awesome bits of factions
>Live action with CG and practical effects (would never realistically happen on a budget)

I'd love to see showcases of famous heroes and villains from the universe in this style.
>Cultists summon Doomrider/Doombreed/another awesome daemon to kick ass and shout catchphrases
>Daemon primarchs kicking ass
>Famous captains/chapter masters kicking ass
>Necron piece with great spooky atmosphere
>Ork piece similar to Deff Skwadron where we see snippets of regular Ork life alongside battle

I'd love emphasis on big entries. I want the summoning of a daemon prince to have a big awesome buildup. I want the space marines to rain down like holy fire from the sky. I want Wazdakka Gutsmek to announce his arrive by fucking ramping off a wreck out of nowhere.

Shit like that.
>>
File: Eisenhorn.jpg (379KB, 1000x701px) Image search: [Google]
Eisenhorn.jpg
379KB, 1000x701px
Eisenhorn Trilogy of films.
Dunno who I'd cast as Eisenhorn but Keira Knightley would be my Bequin, Pilou Asbaek would be Fischig, Mark Hamill as Aemos, not sure about Betancore but I'm thinking maybe Idris Elba?
>>
File: 1493237418219.jpg (185KB, 1200x995px) Image search: [Google]
1493237418219.jpg
185KB, 1200x995px
I'd like to see a live action adaptation of Storm of Iron, making use of as many practical effects as possible, it should be relatively cheap budget wise.

Pic related.

Failing that, I would love to see Legion as TV series.
>>
File: Gaunt.jpg (64KB, 247x256px) Image search: [Google]
Gaunt.jpg
64KB, 247x256px
>>53005585
Gaunt's Ghosts would make an amazing TV series, with an opening theme by Royal Blood. That would be amazing.
>>
Given the sheer breadth of styles and stories to be told you could have any movie you wanted.

>IG station on an isolated world with dangerous life forms in the wild while a daemonic creature infiltrates their base and slowly drives them mad leaving a guy to fight through everything and friends to kill the daemons anchor to the world.

>Rogue Trader vessel encounters a ship with a beacon requesting aid to find a mutated tyranid life form aboard that bites its victims turning them into monsters.

>Human colony gets attacked by Eldar with them focusing their attacks trying to kill a gifted man.

>IG fighting a long drawn out fight with Orks, every time Orks appear they are huge and rip, bite, tear their way through their numbers until massed fire brings them down. The movie could end as the last time fighting for their lives see the Emperor's Angels of Death dropping down onto the planet.

And yet there easy hundreds of more that move away from thriller and horror genres. You could do a Catachan action movie of them just being an army of Rambo's.
>>
>>53006046
Anon, that's simple farming tractor designated for tending fields at Rusian-Ukrainian border.
>>
File: titanicus.jpg (63KB, 530x672px) Image search: [Google]
titanicus.jpg
63KB, 530x672px
This would make an excellent film.
>>
File: damantus.jpg (122KB, 533x300px) Image search: [Google]
damantus.jpg
122KB, 533x300px
>>53005585
There already is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J4_r0ds138
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.