[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could you build a settings cosmology arounf eternal reoccurrence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3674.png (431KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3674.png
431KB, 1024x768px
How could you build a settings cosmology arounf eternal reoccurrence
>>
Are the gods bound to the cycle? Could be that gods are just ordinary mortals who have broken free, and are able to recall previous cycles, gaining near omniscience.
>>
Dark Souls
>>
It depends on how much you fear Oblivion.
>>
>>53005520
>muh cycles
Red pill or blue pill - it doesn't really matter,
You all are just slaves to my CYCLES OF GUILT, RIMANAH.
>>
>>53005520
>Kick the demon in the nuts

And by your very definition, I will do that every time we get to this point, forever.

>Kick him in the nuts one more time just for the heck of it
>>
>>53005626
Stop making waves, gaddamit.
>>
>>53005520
Sounds like the Wheel of Time.

I really hope Sony doesn't fuck it up.
>>
>>53005742
Shut the fuck up before I wear your face like a fucking party mask, filthy Jian.
>>
>>53005770
Whatever you say, lapdog of Rimanah
>>
>>53005696
>FFFFph-OW FUCKING GOD DAMN IT ERIC, EVERY FUCKING TIME
>>
>>53005520
Do you have awareness of the cycles? Are the highs and lows cheapened each time or can you improve them?

If yes: Its implied you have the opportunity to add to each cycle so each further cycle will result in the same things happening but it different ways with the extra stuff added each cycle you live. Existence becomes basically free from restraint because each path you choose leads to the making of a new path, just the landmarks along the way are familiar things to you and you can make them more or less enjoyable/depressing based on what you do. Therefore you become free in the sense you know of the events that will happen and how to make them better or worse just not in the triggers and order they come with each cycle.

If no: Then it doesn't matter. You don't know these are all familiar landmarks or your path is predetermined. Everything is as joyful or depressing as it's meant to be. Only when you meet the Demon again (assuming each cycle includes this point), would you "might" realize your life has been replayed all before. At which point you continue to death not-knowing whats to come - but aware that its happened before and you die and are reborn without the knowledge again anyway. In a way you live in the bliss of ignorance upto the point you meet the Demon. Afterwhich you live with the ignominy of knowing you're nothing more than what you are, only to forget it and start again.

Neither option is bad to be honest. The "awake" ones have to keep themselves entertained by changing their lives each time. The "asleep" ones don't need to do anything.

To build a cosmology around it - look at Peter Hamiltons the dreaming void. In that immortal humans download themselves to experience life differently each time and some just jump back to old lives they had to see where they go.
>>
>>53005583
I mean, given that you don't remember your past lives, it might as well be oblivion imo.
>>
>>53005520
Just play a setting with classic superheros?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.