[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Setting Pet-Peeves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 46

What are some Pet-Peeves you have when it comes to a setting beit from a GM or established canon?

>Alice in Wonderland-esque settings
I used to be a fan of Alice in Wonderland, then I kept having to play in settings based around it. Ive only seen it used by poor GMs who use the setting for convenience both in established settings and the ability to railroad/fuck with the players.
>>
>>53004080
Settings which are hopelessly generic.

Like, at least give the town a name. Have a bit of pride, GM.

>pic not related. Amalur actually had pretty interesting lore
>>
>>53004080
When its a tolkien ripoff, it just makes the setting boring
>>
>>53004080
>Alice in Wonderland-esque settings
What does that even mean?

>>53004668
>>53004163
This a thousand times
>>
Adventurer's guilds. I hate everything about the concept, but two points in particular that tend to pop up concerning them.

1) "Goblins? Pfah! That's way too small a challenge for an S-rank hero like me! Fu fu fu fu!"

2) The fact that you almost never see the legions of freelance adventurers that would logically exist outside of the guild (especially if the guild is full of assholes like (1))

I'm...not a fan of Japan's take on RPGs.
>>
File: dean14.jpg (21KB, 413x326px) Image search: [Google]
dean14.jpg
21KB, 413x326px
>>53004080
>the church totally isn't evil
>until they are

I want the evil catholics meme to die. If just so I don't have to keep fucking seeing it anymore.
>>
File: 217168.jpg (52KB, 600x616px) Image search: [Google]
217168.jpg
52KB, 600x616px
>>53004080
>Commoners are all dirt farming backwards hicks

>Wizards/magic users act with no sense of right and wrong
>They are accordingly persecuted
>This is portrayed as a horrible atrocity

>We have to somehow kill the gods now for some reason

>You were working for the BAD GUYS all along!

>The monstrous races did nothing wrong and are being wiped out for literally no reason

>The villain's noble goal somehow justifies all the terrible things he did to get to where he is, feel bad for him and ashamed of yourselves.
>>
File: RPGs.jpg (194KB, 457x737px) Image search: [Google]
RPGs.jpg
194KB, 457x737px
>>53004734
>I'm...not a fan of Japan's take on RPGs.

Pretty much this for me too. Adventurer guilds, common aesthetic style (use of colors, how clean and smooth everything is, and of course fucking elf ears), the generic cliches of heroes and dark lords that the west has almost entirely dealt away with, the bullshit of a generic guy being trapped in a fantasy world, and all that other shit, bug the hell out of me.

On the other hand, if a story doesn't contain either of these, then it gets a free pass in my book even if it comes from Japan. Berserk and Dark Souls count here.
>>
>>53004668
I'd also argue that Middle Earth itself really doesn't make a good setting for tabletop games, not without breaking lore.
>>
>>53004888
>Adventurer guilds, common aesthetic style (use of colors, how clean and smooth everything is, and of course fucking elf ears), the generic cliches of heroes and dark lords that the west has almost entirely dealt away with, the bullshit of a generic guy being trapped in a fantasy world, and all that other shit, bug the hell out of me.
So, the opposite of Dark Souls, the quintessential JRPG?
>>
>>53004918
I think it's a pretty damn good setting, but it suffers because its bad, very bad rip-offs made people tired of its aesthetics.
>>
>>53004888
>the bullshit of a generic guy being trapped in a fantasy world
This genre always bugged me. A lot of them just straight up suck, but I feel like you could really do something interesting with this if whichever author doing it just had the balls to make the MC something other than Everyman McBeige.

Like, imagine an idyllic high fantasy setting a la Magic Horse Pals or some shit and you stick a guy in it who's had to survive an apocalypse by being the bigger, badder sociopath. There's going to be some at least mildly interesting interplay there as long as the guy isn't just a murder machine.

Instead we get 'generic teen #115' and some waifus. It's a damn shame.
>>
>>53004080
So... in the interest of going off on a tangent, Op' s pic and Alice in wonderland reminded me of a certain hentai series.

What do you guys think of Alice in Sexland?
>>
>>53004969
>So, the opposite of Dark Souls, the quintessential JRPG?
>Dark Souls
>quintessential JRPG

The quintessential JRPG is Final Fantasy.
>>
>>53005009
Those are designed to be wish fullfilment so it's hardly surprising
>>
>>53004969
I did say Dark Souls gets a pass since it does not have any of those.

That's only one reason I really wouldn't call it the quintessential JRPG, and your claim that it is anywhere approaching such sounds very strange to me.
>>
>>53005032
A time traveller from the 90's?
>>
>>53004080
Settings where everything is the opposite or different for no reason, but also with no consistency.

I'm fine if somebody wants to make a few sweeping changes from the expected to help define and differentiate their setting, but it gets annoying

>All dragons are the size of houses ads and are also angels
>All housecats are the size of dragons and are named after Norse gods
>Also goblins have a WW2 era level of technology, despite everyone else being in the stone age
>Also dinosaurs that breathe fire XD
>>
>>53004888
I've always strongly disliked "trapped in another dimension" fiction as well, even in the West. There are some rather notable exceptions - Digimon, natch - but for the most part, I prefer self-contained universes. Thus why I mourn the fact that my favorite Narnia book, A Horse And His Boy, will never be made into a movie, because it's entirely in-universe and those stupid kids are barely in it, and when they are in it it's entirely in their roles as Narnian royalty, not travelers from Earth.

I don't mind elf ears on actual elves or other fey creatures.

>the generic cliches of heroes and dark lords that the west has almost entirely dealt away with

It's not been done away with, it's just been buried under miles and miles of pathos, angst, and backstory to try and justify things (I don't care the Lord Whatever was raped as a young boy and so that's why he's killing all the elves. He's still killing all the elves. That makes him a bad guy. Explaining his motivation doesn't change his narrative purpose). I don't mind it as long as it's done well.
>>
>>53005076
>Also dinosaurs that breathe fire XD

Isn't that just dragons though?
>>
File: 1416848811408.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1416848811408.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>53005088

>Horse and His Boy

my dark skinned comrade!
>>
>>53005009
I think it would be cool to see what happens when you swap the hero born and raised in one setting with the hero from the other.
>One is a gritty, PTSD-stricken merc with a mouth who's shunted into a noblebright kingdom where everyone except for the bad guys is nice and he finally gets a break from the pain- secretly, he considers it a dream come true and doesn't want to go back.
>The other is a noble knight in shining armor who has to learn to live with the fact that everyone else in the grimdark land doesn't hold his high sense of morality and fair play. Luckily, he's a total badass with a strong conscience, so he holds his head high even when everything seems stacked against him.
>>
File: Paint It Black.png (1MB, 1531x917px) Image search: [Google]
Paint It Black.png
1MB, 1531x917px
>>53005088
Oh, hey, that reminds me.

>>53004080
I fucking hate how we can't just have straight-up villains anymore. Everything's got to have miles and miles of pathos, angst, backstory, justification, "Gul Dukat did nothing wrong", "being and adult means realizing the Joker makes more sense" bullshit by the authors trying to convince me that a Bad Guy is only a Bad Guy because of SOCIETY and INJUSTICE and we should blame that and feel sorry for the bad guy.

I WANT VILLAINS AGAIN, GOD DAMNIT.
>>
>>53005096
Exactly
>>
File: dean21.jpg (20KB, 374x326px) Image search: [Google]
dean21.jpg
20KB, 374x326px
>>53005147
>It's a 'the darkness breaks good the hero episo-'
>wait, no it's not

Color me interested anon. That sounds like it might be a fun story.
>>
File: 1405924030543.gif (10KB, 632x493px) Image search: [Google]
1405924030543.gif
10KB, 632x493px
>>53005165

Gul Dukat did do nothing wrong though.
>>
>>53005165
>"being and adult means realizing the Joker makes more sense"
Who the fuck has ever said this besides angsty 15 year olds? The Joker is completely self-destructive.
>>
>>53005145
My parents were Irish (as in, born and raised there), but when I was a kid instead of buying me a story-book about Irish folktales or Grimm's fairy-tales or Mother Goose or whatnot, they bought me the Arabian Nights.

Also I was 5 when Aladdin was released, exactly the right point in my formative years to leave an impression. Throw in Tattooine from Star Wars, and you've got the right recipe for a lifelong love of deserts, genies, and trickster heroes.
>>
>>53005076
>consistency
If I see this buzzword again I'm gonna fly way off the handle
>>
>humans are the most flawed borderline evil race
>>
>>53005165
Yes that's why I love he-man and samurai jack
The bad guys may be silly but at least they aren't conflicted
And I have a love for overblown bad guys
>>
File: Shampoo.gif (834KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Shampoo.gif
834KB, 500x375px
>>53005220

You have good taste Anon.
>>
>>53005213
>Who the fuck has ever said this besides angsty 15 year olds?

Way more people than I'm entirely pleased to know exist.
>>
>>53005165
This. I'm fucking tired of every bad guy I come across having some sob story. You can make a villain interesting while still making them irredeemable, Dio and Kars from JoJoBA prove this more than anything.
>>
>>53005165
I don't want villains that never existed outside of childrens cartoons and pulp literature for manchildren. Try growing up.
>>
>>53005284
Anon, some people are just born shitty. Its not always society's fault they're fucked up.
>>
>>53005282
Yes my brother of African decent
>>
>>53005213
As far as I know, it comes from a meme a while back that got circulated heavily on Facebook. The full thing is more or less, "childhood is idolizing Batman. Adulthood is realizing the Joker makes more sense."

I know a person or two that shared it unironically. I don't talk to those people anymore.
>>
>>53005302
Give examples.
>>
File: 1407197535025.jpg (37KB, 500x611px) Image search: [Google]
1407197535025.jpg
37KB, 500x611px
>>53005284

>heh, these kids aren't mature like me
>I better tell them about my superior taste on an anonymous Malaysian picture plank
>>
>>53005320
Butch Cassidy.
>>
>>53005320
how about a recent one? The guy who streamed a killing on facebook because he got into a fight with his girlfriend.
Was that society's fault? was he just a good boy who didn't do nothin?
>>
>>53004734
>>53004888
>>53005009
I'm gonna say I have never seen anyone doing adventurers guild in tabletop RPGs. Honestly sounds like a fun concept.
Since I don't read isekai light novels or play mmos, the concept isn't overdone for me.

Also lol at "japan's take on rpgs". You mean garbage light novels take on rpgs right? It's not like japan has a particularly big presence on tabletop rpgs, and in terms of video games, the big names like final fantasy, persona, and dragon quest don't really do "adventurer guilds"
>>
>>53005165
I hesitate to agree. I think it more so depends on the portrayal of the villain. You can provide backstory and motivations that make a villain understandable, as long as they're still treated as a villain. I think the problem is when villains are made to be sympathetic, as if they aren't responsible for the horrible things they do.
>>
>>53005190
>Summons the darkness within the knight's heart with magic, turning it into a ghoulish, skeletal figure
>It lasts about five seconds as the knight assesses it, parries its attack, and then decapitates it
>>
>>53005320
Emperor Nero
Henry VIII
>>
>>53005233
Consistency
>>
File: e6b.jpg (6KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
e6b.jpg
6KB, 300x246px
>>53004080
>the GOOD rebellion
>the EVUL empire

Can't we have some rebels that want to overthrow a decent ruling system and replace it some jihadi bullshit? Just for once?
>>
>>53005233
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok85BmPyl_I
>>
>>53005032
>The quintessential JRPG is Final Fantasy.
Nah, I'd say that's Dragon Quest.
The newer Final Fantasy games are somewhat different from the typical JRPG formula, just look at the newest one.
>>
>>53005284
Do you know why I hate that excuse? Because blaming SOCIETY doesn't hold up to scrutiny when you realize that the hero of the story has likely grown up in the same society and yet somehow has managed to NOT managed to become a giant asshole.

It means that there was just a certain fundamental moral weakness in the villain from the start. But fedora-tippers don't like to think about that and instead just paint SOCIETY as being the ones ultimately at fault.
>>
>>53005392

Henry VIII wasn't that bad.

Trust me, I watched The Tudor's I'm an expert.
>>
>>53005408
I ran a Star Wars one-shot like this
My more liberal friends were not happy about it.
>>
>>53005408
I kinda liked this part of FTL, you're part of the Confederation. The antagonist are racist rebels trying to create a humans only empire.

Kinda wanna play some more ftl now.
>>
>>53005408
That was the Prequel Trilogy, Anon.

Also Air Force One when you think about it.
>>
>>53005441
You guys remember that one time when he was beat by the French poet king/prince
That was pretty hilarious.
Because Henry VIII was an uberchad on 6 beers a meal in a lead-lined cup
>>
>>53005408
Freespace II, AKA "The starfighter simulator that was so good it killed the entire genre for years afterwards".
>>
>>53005454
Well did you make the Empire good? Cause I'd side with your players, if that was the case.
>>
>Orcs are just misunderstood noble savages
I used to play with a group that loved WoW and seeing any kind of evil orc made them pissy.
>>
>>53005517
Not exactly. They were just playing Stormtroopers raiding a rebel facility where the rebels were planning on using Xenomorphs as a bioweapon.
It was a one-off to test out the system and see if it would be something we'd like to run.
>>
>>53005530
>seeing any kind of evil orc made them pissy.
I got in an RP-PvP guild that played up the war bit really hard. There were several characters in the guild who would eat recruits or use them for live practice dummies.

Fun group. I got ejected from the clan (read: my sub ran out) for assaulting a superior officer and ruining their plan to convert one of the shaman to a warlock (I still don't know why I was invited to that ceremony. My character very publicly hated anything and everything fel)
>>
You'd all probably like my campaign setting then.

>>53004668
>Humans, elves, dwarves, halflings, and orcs live together and are FAR more influenced by their home nation's culture and way of life than their racial culture. It's Empire vs. Republic not Elves vs. Dwarves.

>>53004734
>Adventurer's Guild got its shit kicked in, is filled with losers and wannabes, and nobody takes its seriously.

>>53004861
>Every religion is well-meaning but has its share of extremists and fundamentalists who take things too far or twist the meaning of their scriptures. All of them are well-meaning but align themselves with cosmic forces that are naturally at odds with one another. Non-religious people are equally likely to be good or evil folks as well.

>>53004869
>Rural folk are pretty similar to city dwellers, just with slightly different sensibilities based on region.
>Casters are required to act with great responsibility due to their abilities but are pretty well balanced against non-casters mechanically.
>The Gods don't directly intervene in the world and can't be killed without unwinding reality itself.
>Monstrous races literally cannot control their savage ways and do not have true free will, they were MADE to be like that.
>The PCs are never secretly working for the villains, nor are the villains secretly the good guys all along

>>53005165
>Monstrous villains like Demons, Dragons, Beholders etc. are always evil because it's their nature. Humanoid villains are evil because they're either selfish and cruel or they're misguided and probably WAY too obsessed to ever listen to reason.

>>53005408
>The 'evil' Empire was just an isolationist kingdom built far away by folks who were religiously persecuted for worshipping different gods. The 'rebels' were soldiers and refugees from a kingdom that got magic nuked but the Empire didn't have the resources to feed and house them all. In response the rebels started a 'religious' war because 'muh gods' and stole over half their kingdom.
>>
>>53005372
>>>53005009
>I'm gonna say I have never seen anyone doing adventurers guild in tabletop RPGs.

It's possible, so long as it's justified well.

The Night Wolf Inn does it fine, for instance, because it's essentially run by an epic level wizard and its entire purpose is highly specific.
>>
File: 1493410360605.jpg (54KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493410360605.jpg
54KB, 640x960px
>>53005485

He had a great body, I would let him behead me anytime as long as I got to service those abs.
>>
>>53005688
Wasn't he like morbidly obese or something?
>>
File: 1493070441575.gif (519KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
1493070441575.gif
519KB, 500x715px
>faux-gritty fantasy setting goes out of its way to make every race have gender-equality and acceptance of gays
>looking at you Dragon Age
I don't even mean something like "lel women can't fight XD" I mean every race has an equal 50/50 split of male and female and there is no dimorphism. I've never seen something where a brutish warrior-race is born 70/30 with males in the majority. I think it could add some interesting dynamics.
>>
>>53005365
No, he was mentally insane.
>>
>>53005750
Sanity is relative my friend
>>
>>53005722
I'm with this one.

I mean, I'm all for gender equality, but you'd think there would be more ways to make women more proactive and interesting than just stick them into armor and throw them into the fight along with the men.
>>
>>53005716
He was after an accident(during a hunt I think?). Before that he was handsome, sporty, a litteral Chad
Then he got fat and behaded a wife or two
>>
File: behead me senpai.jpg (22KB, 298x343px) Image search: [Google]
behead me senpai.jpg
22KB, 298x343px
>>53005716

Not in my historically accurate american network animes.
>>
>>53004861
>I want catholics to die
I fixed it.
>>
>>53005722
That's because such a race would have incredible problems procreating unless you had modern medicine to keep the women from dying in childbirth.
>>
File: If I only had a dong.png (555KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
If I only had a dong.png
555KB, 1024x600px
>>53005805

They could reproduce using rape.
>>
>>53005408
It's made by the Burgerstani for the Burgerstani to appeal to their sensibilities. If you're from the rest of the world, you'll have to deal with it.
>>
>>53005764
Didn't he take a blow to the head too?
I mean, honestly, a good shot to the noggin can make people pretty irrational. Your decision making can get pretty skewed if you're not treated, and the depression that can come with a concussion doesn't help.
>>
>>53005805
Anon modern medicine is pretty darn new, natural childbirth worked (and still works) for a looooong time.
Also it probably wouldn't be much of a problem if they gave birth to multiple children.
>>
>>53005015
Need it.
>>
>>53005750
>No, he was mentally insane
Oh so he was born fucked up then?
>>
>>53005845
Again, the Prequel Trilogy literally flips this on its head by having the Seperatists be evil and the Republic be basically good.

This is leaving aside any stories about the American Civil War, where the Rebs are inevitably shown to be in the wrong (provided the movie was made after the 1930s or so anyway).
>>
File: 1491532820260.jpg (68KB, 479x370px) Image search: [Google]
1491532820260.jpg
68KB, 479x370px
>The setting is an obvious soapbox for the GM to espouse his philosophies
More of a meta example but I think it applies.
>>
File: mfw the south near me.jpg (908KB, 2364x3000px) Image search: [Google]
mfw the south near me.jpg
908KB, 2364x3000px
>>53005903

The South were traitors, the deserved to die. Anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant inbred faggot.
>>
>>53005933
>t. historical revisionist yank
>>
>>53005408
Really common trope actually. See every fucking time an evil cult, thief's guild, or mage's guild is an antagonist.
>>
>>53005380
>Guy gets a following because he's the only guy who's NOT a total dick
>>
>>53005933
I mean, I don't think they deserved to *die*, but they were traitors and deserved to lose the war.

And also stupid and deserved to lose the war. Seriously, had none of them looked at the differences in industry and manpower between the North and South? Their loss was inevitable.
>>
>>53005805
I doubt they would have trouble reproducing. What you would see is instead of a one-to-one pairing like what we have is a one-to-many pairing being the acceptable social norm.

Insects have an extreme version of this where the Queen has many partners and jealously guards any new queens that are born until the hive is ready to split.
>>
>>53006121
I was thinking more of a "only the strongest get to mate" kind of thing. But maybe that'd require a majority of females.
>>
>>53004861
One of the worst DMs I played with was aggressively atheist and would do this shit all the time. I think basically every campaign, the setting's church were just basically cultists of the worst sort. You know, the human sacrifices, blood everywhere, and on one occasion literal baby-eating(which he dropped very quickly at the group's "request").

It got to the point where we ignored the churches because no matter what, they were always 100% irredeemably pure evil for one reason or another, though he did his best to railroad us back into dealing with them.

Last time I saw him, he wanted to run a real world historical campaign, and someone asked him to drop the pure evil church shit this time since it's real world stuff, to which he agreed.

2 days later, we get an e-mail basically saying "Well since player x is being a stuck-up bitch about his sky fairies, I'm not DMing for you guys anymore." From what I can gather, the premise of the campaign was supposed to basically be "Jesus Christ was actually a demon tricking people, you need to go murder the Pope because he's Satan in disguise" or something. We basically dropped contact with him and haven't had any regrets since.
>>
>>53005933
>>53006115
>exercises constitutional right to secede
>this makes them traitors
>>
File: Emy_Yoga_Edition01.webm (495KB, 573x368px) Image search: [Google]
Emy_Yoga_Edition01.webm
495KB, 573x368px
>>53005987
>be south
>throw hissy fit because you lost control of the federal government for the first time
>refuse to see how the world economy is changing and adapt your own economy accordingly
>instead take up arms and start a war with your northern brothers
>get ass raped because southern leaders have no idea how to modern warfare
>muh northern aggression
>muh weak south will rise again
>>
>>53006160
>Last time I saw him, he wanted to run a real world historical campaign, and someone asked him to drop the pure evil church shit this time since it's real world stuff, to which he agreed.
>2 days later, we get an e-mail basically saying "Well since player x is being a stuck-up bitch about his sky fairies, I'm not DMing for you guys anymore." From what I can gather, the premise of the campaign was supposed to basically be "Jesus Christ was actually a demon tricking people, you need to go murder the Pope because he's Satan in disguise" or something. We basically dropped contact with him and haven't had any regrets since.

>you ask him not to do thing
>says he's not going to do thing
>he does thing anyways

I really don't want to believe you. Why didn't he just have the setting give another, non-religious explanation for Jesus's existence, like, 'he was a local philosopher who got blown out of proportion'?
>>
>>53006160
Atheists like that give atheists like me a bad name.

Don't get me wrong, I had a "rah rah religion bad" period when I was 15 as well. Then I grew up, looked at the world, and came to the conclusion that people don't need religion to kill each other; that if there was no Christianity or Islam, they'd just find some other reason, like land or resources or iPods or something.

Most religions at least on paper try to put a stop to that by outlining when it is and isn't okay to kill other people, which frequently isn't when it's being done in their name. It's not the fault of the religion if people ignore it or use other vague passages in its holy book to justify the crusade that they were going to go on anyway.

These days I just try and live by the credo, "I'm an atheist, not an asshole".

Also I come from a family of stone masons and so can't help but admire the stonework that goes into old Catholic churches
>>
>>53006160
Sounds like you're a stuck-up bitch about his sky fairies

The only reason to be upset about church being evil is if you're an easily triggered dicksucker.
"The Church is evil" is only really common outside of mainstream media anyways. You wouldn't be able to sell a "church is evil" to average americans and make any significant money. And even that's not good enough for you. This is why Atheists look down on you.
>>
File: CannotContainTheHUE.jpg (379KB, 1111x597px) Image search: [Google]
CannotContainTheHUE.jpg
379KB, 1111x597px
>>53006229
>constitutional right to secede
>>
>>53006233
>instead take up arms and start a war with your northern brothers
That actually is historical revisionism.
>>
>Currently creating a setting for D&D
>Furiously writing down all of these, even the contradicting ones

Welp, I need to rethink fucking everything.
>>
>>53006233
>Federal government oversteps its boundaries and threatens half the country's economy
>le stupid south
>>
>>53006301
Tell me more.
I love a train wreck
>>
>>53006287
Didn't the South fire first at Fort Sumter?
>>
>>53006272
Re-read the post. His fantasy churches being evil just was an annoyance, the tipping point was when he cast the actual-real life church as bad guys in his game
>>
>>53006272
>This is why Atheists look down on you
And this is why no one like you fedora tipping faggots. Also this hobby is far outside the mainstream populous of the US.
>>
>>53006229
The Constitution does not provide a right to secede.

You know what it does do, though?

Article I, Section 8
>"To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

This is reinforced by Article II Section 2 and arguably by Article IV Section 4.
>>
>>53006272
>I didn't read the post: the post
He did it all the time every time, and you're seriously surprised they got tired of him doing it each and EVERY time?
>Gee, I sure do love having everyone of my particular worldview constantly being painted as demons
That guy sounded like the opposite of Jack Chick. He made Jesus Christ a demon in an allegedly historical setting. If he wanted to be historically accurate from an atheistic worldview, there shouldn't even BE demons. He's just being petty for the sake of being petty.
>>
>>53006314
Except it hadn't done that. Most of the Southern states seceded before Lincoln had even taken office, and with Lincoln swearing up and down all the while that he had no intention of abolishing slavery.
>>
>>53006341
Evil empire led by a literal embodiment of human sin that no one has picked up on even though it's made of crystal

Dwarfs in the mountains elves in the woods, both persecuted in most kingdoms

The 'just right' area which is basically a mass the size of Eastern Russia made up of varying kingdoms, fiefdoms and random other shit to allow of inconsistent session to session adventures

Arabian niiiiiiiiights to the south, just one Mega-City though

At least the church isn't evil.
>>
File: bait posting.jpg (52KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
bait posting.jpg
52KB, 500x502px
>>53006381
>>53006387
>>53006419
>>
File: the south wont rise again.png (56KB, 737x513px) Image search: [Google]
the south wont rise again.png
56KB, 737x513px
>>53006379

Yes, but the current generation of sister fucking retards who live in that part of the country don't like to take responsibility for their ancestors foolish mistakes.

Atlanta wasn't enough, they should all have burned.
>>
>>53005933
>>53006115
Many abolitioinist groups in New England wanted to secede, as they saw irreconcilable differences with the south. Do their attempts to break the Union up make them traitors as well?
>>
File: 1493076147378.gif (847KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1493076147378.gif
847KB, 480x336px
>>53006474
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>53006381
>>53006387
>>53006419
No you can fuck right off with your "will ANYONE think of the poor thiests ;_;" rhetoic
You know that that leads to?
People "ironically" Christposting on here followed by genuine butthurt whenever anyone badmouths Christianity.
>>
>>53006487
>that original sin doctrine
wew laddy watch out for that edge.
>>
>>53006488
Only if they violently and unilaterally act upon it, which none did to my knowledge, and even if any did try, they were stopped, obviously.

I don't mind the South seceding, I mind the way they chose to do it, which was retarded from beginning to end.
>>
>>53006521

Which Union general killed your great grand pappy Cletus?
>>
>>53006514
>>
I have no other place to complain about this without making a thread just about me that kicks another thread off the page, so please deal with me screaming into the void for a moment:

My GM makes neat settings. The problem is that we lose immersion and our characters are forced onto paths they would not have chosen because our GM is so proud of his world building that inevitably an obvious self insert NPC will come along and rescue us from a ridiculous fight scenario that comes out of nowhere and then lecture us about the deeper realities of the world regardless of how hard we try to stay in character.
>>
>>53005372
It's set more for large group games where there are multiple DMs running as far as I can tell. I've run into two of them, and they tend to have a theme to them, which is then swapped out with modular monster of the weeks. Chances are it could be done well, but in order to maintain freedom session to session it can get kinda jenky.
>>
>>53006569
>Calling out the cancerous theistposting is bait
You ever wonder who it is non-stop posting those obnoxious fedora images? It's not the atheists who tired of the obnoxious atheists, I'll tell you that.
It's about time for atheism to be contrarian again.
>>
>>53006379
>>53006487
Technically, yes. But the governor of South Carolina had called for peaceful surrender for months before the Union attempted to resupply the garrison with troops. It's really not as simple as who fired first when an opposing force is reinforcing an armed fort in your territory.
>>
>>53005878
Of course

He was black
>>
>>53006594
Sounds like a bad time desu.
I've tried to do the opposite in my games. Enough world building to give my players stuff to do but not so much that I become deeply attached to the setting.
Players will fuck shit up and my job as DM isn't to write a novel.
>>
>>53005165
>childhood: villains are bad and heroes are good!

>adolescence: black and white morality is childish. Everything is a shade of gray. Good villains should have tragic backstories and motives arguably more sympathetic than the heroes themselves.

>adulthood: grey morality is ridiculous under most circumstances. Just because the good guy isn't perfect doesn't mean they're not doing the right thing, and just because someone went through some shit or has good intentions doesn't mean they aren't clearly in the wrong now.
>>
>>53006651
I don't follow any religion and I think you're a massive faggot. Take a chill pill anon, RPGs are about escapism.
>>
>>53005165
I like villains who did start out as good, but turned evil over time not by society, but by choice.

Sauron, for instance, just wanted to forge order into the world, which then changed into wanting to rule it all as well. Completely fucked up and evil? Certainly. Understandable and relatable? Mostly. Sympathetic? Definitely not.
>>
>>53004918
You can do a Middle-Earth set game, as long as it isn't a War of the Ring (or something similar) sort of game, which is addmittedly what usually happens when you have a Middle-Earth game. I once did a very nice adventure with some buds in a stealth Middle-Earth where they tried to hold onto their ancestral lands against these super tough men who invaded from across the sea.
>>
>>53006564
And what way was that? Was it when they peacefully assembled and voted on a resolution to formally secede? Was it when they prepared for an imminent military invasion, like any proper state?
>>
>>53006657
>But the governor of South Carolina had called for peaceful surrender

Surrender? To who? South Carolina was not a nation, it was a state in rebellion, and the governor had no right to demand that Federal troops leave what had been Federal property for more than fifty years.

This is also casually ignoring that South Carolina had already starting bombarding Fort Sumter before the resupply ships had even arrived. Also I'm 90% certain that the ships only carried food, clothing, and ammunition, not fresh troops.
>>
>>53006734
>RPGs are about escapism.
And the mainstream is that the Church is something you're not supposed to bad mouth in any way? At least in American media.
So the escapism would be "the church is always evil" because the Church is preached as "always good" in reality.
Unless you mean like 2nd level escapism where "the church is always good" is the escapism because it's clearly not in reality.
>>
>>53006778
>And what way was that?

In Congress, obviously. Introduce a bill of secession to be voted upon by the People of the Union in the form of their duly elected Senators and Representatives.

Like I said, *unilateral* secession is illegal. Secession as just another bill to be debated upon? Perfectly legal.
>>
>>53006794
>At least in American media
What is The Young Pope? Or the rest of the atheist wank we've seen on mainstream TV. Hell even Family Guy does it. Southpark too.
>>
>>53006784

Brave Confederate troops only fired on Fort Sumter because the Yankee scum in there poured 100 gallons of delicious sweet tea into the ocean to attract Irish attack sharks.
>>
>>53004080
This might have already been said by someone, but I've grown tired of the whole
>But what if God/the angels are actually the bad guys and Satan/the demons are the good guys!
Thing.
>>
>>53006784
>Also I'm 90% certain that the ships only carried food, clothing, and ammunition, not fresh troops.
You are 90% wrong. The Union absolutely were supplying troops in addition to food, weapons, ammo, etc.

>This is also casually ignoring that South Carolina had already starting bombarding Fort Sumter before the resupply ships had even arrived.
The Confederacy did not begin shelling the garrison until April, months after they had already repelled attempted Union resupply runs.
>>
Don't we have /his/ for (You) distribution?
also
>X was secretly a woman!
It's not a 'surprise' in Golarion et al. The Samus reveal's been done and done again. A woman dressing as a man isn't a bad plot, it's just not a surprise from a meta perspective and it shouldn't be treated as such.
>>
>>53004721
From my experience from last night's game, a setting either based on Wonderland, or a setting where any semblance of realism and sense are thrown out the window so the GM can handwave shit and railroad the players. I.e. the path to the village is 4 miles away, whoops you walked through a travel bubble and are on a mountain 2 miles away, but it's a 3 hour walk. Or "you ate the biscuit? You're now a grasshopper".

I can understand a bit of silliness here and there but inconsistent shit and lol randumb is just lazy storytelling in my opinion.
>>
>>53006882
>The Confederacy did not begin shelling the garrison until April, months after they had already repelled attempted Union resupply runs.

Oh, right, forgot about that. So in fact the Confederates started the war by firing on an unarmed civilian merchant ship, Star of the West, operating under Federal authority to bring Federal troops and Federal supplies to Federal soldiers stationed in a Federal fort.

So we once again see why the Confederate way of doing things was stupid, in this as in all things. Had they gone for negotiated rather than unilateral secession, then Fort Sumter would have simply been given to them without a fuss.
>>
>>53005088
I like those but only if they actually go between the two different dimensions

I actually like the way it was handled in Kaspall where the generic hero guy who you assume is a regular human is actually from a far future society instead of modern day
>>
File: 1492987948938.png (566KB, 1299x369px) Image search: [Google]
1492987948938.png
566KB, 1299x369px
>>53005611
Rape yourself
>>
>>53006937
I did a variation on this once where my bad guy was this black knight who never took off her helmet and did various evil things. That she was a woman was never a secret; the big reveal came when her helmet came off and both the party's fighter and paladin recognized her as having once been part of the paladin's order but having been presumed long dead, as well as the fighter's girlfriend.

...I learned only later that DragonLance had done the same thing like 20 years earlier. Felt a bit sad after that.
>>
>>53004163
>tfw /tg/ has meticulously trained me to cover the bases of my setting to the most minute of details

i don't have enough autism for this but one day my masterpiece will be complete
>>
File: 1491770416140.jpg (38KB, 311x345px) Image search: [Google]
1491770416140.jpg
38KB, 311x345px
>>53007048

Haha you are bad and should feel bad.
>>
>>53006825
Nowadays, you're absolutely right. Texas v. White ruled that secession like that is unconstitutional.

But there were no legal precedents for this back in 1860. The country was less than 100 years off the heels of the Revolution, which took off with the signing of a declaration. And the idea of both revolution and secession had been discussed with no real ruling for the decades that followed. But it's documented that many big named politicians, such as James Madison or Thomas Jefferson, supported an idea of an extraconsitutional or natural right to at least revolt against an oppressive state. Whether you believe South Carolina was in the right or not, they were evoking this notion when they assembled. And it's understandable why they might've not felt so inclined to seek approval from the other states as the political climate of the time saw much conflict, with little to no compromise.
>>
>>53006564
John Brown's failed rebellion and any efforts like it were legitimately treason, but so was the South deciding to leave.

>>53006794
>muh church is a sacred cow meme
Society at large, especially the mainstream media, is a secular place which often views opposition to same sex marriage as evil. There's no one church for protestants to defend anyways, and shitting on Catholics is something that both they and the atheists, many of whom were raised protestant do commonly. Only individual churches preach that they themselves are good, and there's no one church with a lot of power in America: there's no greater "the church is inherently good" narrative here. You won't find it in the news, and you won't find it in academia. Try again.
>>
>>53007078
Hey, look, it's basically what I'm talking about above when I mentioned how I want real villains again.

The South had its reasons for doing what it did. It doesn't change that those reason where aggressive, stupid, arrogant, and wrong in both a moral (viz. slavery) and executive (viz. there were much better options available) sense.

The South were the bad guys.
>>
>>53007048
Nigga everyone did everything 200 years before you thought it up. If they didn't, it was a matter of not having the ability to make it happen.
>>
There's way too much hate on 'traditional' settings. Tropes don't become 'less fun' because they've been done before. Though I do enjoy some level of logical consequences from a system's quirks, not every DND setting needs to devolve into the Tippyverse. It's the characters and their actions that make up the bulk of a game, the stage is just flavoring.
>>
>>53007170
I have a pet setting. For me, at this point, it's whatever I pour into it plus whatever the players make of it, take it or leave it. I do take input, obviously, but when it comes down to it, I agree. It's a stage for the party to run rampant.
>>
>>53007008
>Had they gone for negotiated rather than unilateral secession, then Fort Sumter would have simply been given to them without a fuss.
That is pure speculation.

The facts, which you seem to have originally gotten wrong, were that a key fort that would've allowed South Carolina to defend itself was under oppositional control and being supplied with arms and men by the Union. Whether or not you view South Carolina's militia as an insurrection or not is immaterial; the Union's actions were those taken explicitly against the interest of South Carolina. And it's generally believed that states are within their right to defend their interests against opposing military forces, which is why global politics can be a mess. So when the Union rejected a peaceful resolution and continued to supply the fort, South Carolina acted as they saw fit as any real state would. Again, this isn't as simple as who fired first.
>>
>>53007301
Except that South Carolina had explicitly ceded control of Fort Sumter to the Federal government. Thus, even if they were legally permitted to secede, they could not reclaim this territory without the express consent of the United States government, which had no reason to offer such consent.
>>
>>53005933
MARCH TO THE SEA BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
>>
>>53007170
I don't disagree, generally speaking, but when a GM uses a trope, it can come across as uninspired or sometimes unrealistic depending on how it's handled.
>>
>>53007301
>So when the Union rejected a peaceful resolution and continued to supply the fort

As was their right, it being a Federal fort and all. Until such time as war actually breaks out the fort isn't doing any harm at all.

>South Carolina acted as they saw fit as any real state would.

Any real state, noting the huge difference in industry and manpower between the North and the South, would have continued to try for a negotiated settlement and would have been trying to bait the North into firing the first shot, thereby granting their cause legitimacy.

Again: Arrogance and stupidity. Very dangerous in combination.

>Whether or not you view South Carolina's militia as an insurrection or not is immaterial;

It's not about what I view it as. It WAS an insurrection, because it was a unilateral declaration of secession that was made in response to the perfectly legal election of Abraham Lincoln. When the original 13 Colonies seceded from the Union they listed a long train of abuses that they had suffered for years under the British; the Confederates were able to do no such thing as the Federal government had in fact been bending over backwards to acquiesce to their "peculiar institution" for decades - Dred Scott, the 1850 Fugitive Slave Act, and so on.

>Again, this isn't as simple as who fired first.

In isolation, no, but every single decision and action involved in the process results in the Confederacy nevertheless being the bad guys, because every single time it was the wrong decision to make and was clearly born from a combination of arrogance and stupidity.

Londo Mollari said it best in one of the B5 novels: "Ignorance, you see, can be outthought. Arrogance can be outmaneuvered. But ignorance and arrogance combined are unassailable."
>>
>Confeds butthurt over losing a war
What are you Argies or something. Maybe you should have industrialized if you wanted to win again the big bad union
>>
>>53007450
That was before their secession. The very idea of them breaking off from the Union is that South Carolina and its holdings ought to be its own. Essentially, they kicked out the Union who steadfastly refused and instead bolstered the fort's strength.
>>
>>53007600
>When the original 13 Colonies seceded from the Union

*When the original 13 Colonies seceded from Great Britain. Mea culpa.
>>
>>53007621
>The very idea of them breaking off from the Union is that South Carolina and its holdings ought to be its own

Sure, but Fort Sumter was not its own. If they wanted it to be their own again, they should have negotiated for it, not fired upon it.
>>
>>53007600
I agree with all of this for the most part. I even believe it was within the Union's right to declare war on South Carolina, and by extension, the Confederacy.

But my original point many posts ago was in response to this notion that the South took arms against the Union. While they proved no doubt that they were willing to fight, their actions early on weren't indicative of a nation that wanted to incite full-scale warfare. At the very least, it should've been in their best interest to avoid a prolonged armed conflict with the Union.
>>
>>53007621
That doesn't matter, because you don't get to make take-backs once you give away property. They explicitly ceded that territory under State law, so at the time of secession it was legally owned by the United States, a separate sovereign nation. Kicking out the union is conquering US territory, and an act of war.
>>
>>53005716
He got knocked hard off his horse and broke his leg. Like many modern athletes, while he was rehabilitating and sitting on his ass he still ate like he was playing tennis 3 hours a day and jousting every week, becoming very fat. I think it was a separate incident that had him get knocked off his horse and get a major concussion, possibly changing his personality
>>
>>53006488
It would've had they made the attempt.

>>53006794
>the church is preached as always good in reality
M8 the US is a mainly Protestant country, we get the full blast of centuries of butthurt at the Catholics, all the way down to rewriting history
>>
Any setting that a SJW has a hand in

Pure fucking bubble wrap
>>
>>53006872
Those poor innocent southern cannonballs so brutally molested by that vile Yankee death fort.

Brings a tear to my eye.
>>
File: Mount-Stupid.gif (32KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
Mount-Stupid.gif
32KB, 500x664px
>>
>>53007454
HURRAH HURRAH, WE BRING THE JUBILEE

HURRAH HURRAH, THE FLAG THAT MAKES YOU FREE

SO WE SANG THE CHORUS FROM ATLANTA TO SEA

WHILE WE WERE MARCHING THROUGH GEORGIA
>>
>>53007945
No one's actually brought up whether or not the Civil War had anything to do with slavery. We're just debating whether the actual action that kicked it off - the blockade and subsequent bombardment of Fort Sumter - was an adequate casus belli.

I vote "yes".
>>
What does TG think of modern settings with Ancient Greek gods?
>>
>>53008068
Depends on how well you pull them off. Are you going to do the standard fifth grade understanding of the Greek Gods, or worse yet the Disney version with malevolent Hades? Then it's shit. Are you going to do some research into how the Gods were portrayed historically and how they'd likely adapt to a modernizing world and vice versa? Then maybe it's worth a look.
>>
>>53007138
Doing gods work anon. I can't stand living in a state that still somehow has a federal holiday celebrating those fucking retards of the past. The South can't even be trusted with their own damn voting laws and hey would rather burn everything to bring back coal. Currently waiting to hear back from a job offfer out of state.
>>
>>53004163
>give the town a name
Fuck fine. The town's name is "Lake Town." Now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>53008100
But anon, muh heritage!
>>
>>53007945
Tomatoes are fruit though.
>>
>>53007784
I really don't understand how firing on an enemy ship indicates that they did not want full scale war. Fucking shooting at the other side is basically already war, and is without a doubt the obvious fucking outcome. Your defense was scholarly at first but now you rly just can't handle your past relatives being the bad guys or something.
>>
>>53008140
How's the view?
>>
>>53004734
>The fact that you almost never see the legions of freelance adventurers that would logically exist outside of the guild (especially if the guild is full of assholes like (1))

Probably because in a society where the guild is the dominant form of labor organization, freelancing tended to be illegal. More practically, guild members would harass, attack, and sometimes even murder freelancers.
>>
>>53008125
I actually have a town in my setting named Rivertoun.
Guess what its major geographic feature is.
>>
>>53008205
Hot Springs
>>
>>53008205
Sentient crystal geodes.
>>
>>53005517
The Empire are good.
>>
>>53008093
Good to know, time for research.
>>
>>53008161
>I really don't understand how firing on an enemy ship indicates that they did not want full scale war.
I've already said that this can be viewed as them protecting their interests from an opposing military force that was bolstering a fort--an action that can be considered an act of aggression. Throughout human history similar acts have aggression have gone relatively unpunished whether its from sanctions or declarations of war. To insist that this always, always results in war is untrue.

>your past relatives
My family from the US were all Yankees. Some even died in the war. I'm more or less passing the time.
>>
>>53008172
Explain to me how they aren't. This is basic botany.
>>
Well, this thread went south real fast

Oh gods what did I say?
>>
>>53008291
I'll give you exactly one (You), just to tell you how retarded you are for thinking anyone could fall for such low-effort bait.
>>
>>53008068
You could partially rip-off the DC Universe. The comics include most (if not all) of the Greek gods. At the very least, it could provide some inspiration.
>>
>>53008373
First explain to me why the botanical definition matters to anyone, even a botanist.
>>
>>53005009
> but I feel like you could really do something interesting with this if whichever author doing it just had the balls to make the MC something other than Everyman McBeige.
You should give Overlord a shot. It's about a guy who was the leader of the hardest guild in an MMO who gets clichely transported to a parallel world similar to the MMO.
Except the legendary heroes of this world hash out at about what level 30 was in the game.
The MC is, like, level 80. The last thing he is is boring.
Also the MC is a skeleton.
>>
>>53008438
Overlord is a textbook example of a Mary Sue bullshit wank fantasy, though.
>>
>>53008424
The statement was "biologically, tomato is a fruit, not a vegitable." And it's true according to any scientific definition. If you think the statement's stupid for some other, entirely arbitrary reason, that's on you and doesn't hold any objective truth.
>>
>>53008472
Like I said, how's the view?
>>
>>53008462
I have to point out that /tg/ doesn't know what mary-sue means.
>>
>>53008438
He's a fucking Japanese teen in a skeleton body meaning he is effectively the same character as all the other magic mmo bullshit anime characters outside of cosmetics.
>>
>>53008205
If it isn't a goddamn volcano where they mine the regular cooled lava flows for soil to sell elsewhere I am disappointed in you.
>>
File: 1480488750688.jpg (157KB, 959x777px) Image search: [Google]
1480488750688.jpg
157KB, 959x777px
I always find the Civil War argument funny, because my state, which provided the greatest amount of troops to the war effort for the Confederacy, originally decided to stay in the Union because they believed that Lincoln would do his best to defuse the situation and that the other states would come around eventually.

We where proven wrong on both accounts. But at least a participation prize Sherman didn't go Total War on us.
>>
>>53008565
>Japanese teen
Here's your (you).
>>
>>53005530
This shit drives me up the wall, especially in the context of WoW. Every race in that fucking game has given the Orcs a million chances, and they ALWAYS fuck it up or are the aggressors in every conflict. Thrall is one of the only Orcs who isn't a fucking retard, and he was raised by humans. You even get to go back to before they drank the demon blood and, surprise, they were always war-mongering retards. Blizzard keeps trying to push this shit that the Orcs are good people when every single event in their own lore contradicts this.
>>
File: toe-mah-toe.png (145KB, 660x483px) Image search: [Google]
toe-mah-toe.png
145KB, 660x483px
>>53008172
Botanically speaking, a fruit is a seed-bearing structure that develops from the ovary of a flowering plant, whereas vegetables are all other plant parts, such as roots, leaves and stems. By those standards, seedy outgrowths such as apples, squash and, yes, tomatoes are all fruits, while roots such as beets, potatoes and turnips, leaves such as spinach, kale and lettuce, and stems such as celery and broccoli are all vegetables.
>>
>>53008332
No. One nation attacking another's fort is like one person punching another person in the nose. They might not respond by hitting you back, but if they do, you absolutely started that fight - and if you then claim you didn't intend to start a fight, then you're either insane or dumb as a brick.
>>
>>53005408

So, Dune?
>>
>>53008756
The problem is that usually the fact that biologically tomatoes are fruit is brought up in cases where it's irrelevant by half-learned people that feel the need to insert pointless trivia as some show of intelligence. Hence "Mount Stupid."
>>
File: 2017-04-17 16.22.18.png (135KB, 369x373px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-17 16.22.18.png
135KB, 369x373px
>>53005088
>A Horse and his Boy

My plentifully melaninic compadre
>>
>>53008889
Even ignoring the Atreides justification of "The Golden Path" The Corrino Empire is pretty shit. Shaddam allied himself illegally with House Harkonnen to assist him in their kanly against House Atreides for no other reason than Duke Leto was an influential voice in the Landsraad that foiled a few of Shaddam's political maneuvers designed to give more power to the throne.
>>
>>53009131
And Paul started a religious movement and the worst war in human history, knowing full well what would happen, as an act of vengeance. Basically, nobody was in the right there.
>>
>>53008586
North Carolina?

I will grant to Virginia, North Carolina, Arkansas, and Tennessee the right to say that they seceded over State's Rights, because they did indeed secede over that matter. Although it was to support the right of a State to leave the union in order to preserve their right to keep slaves, so even that is tainted. Particularly given West Virginia's existence.
>>
>>53009268
Unless you take into consideration "The Golden Path" which, admittedly a large portion of the Dune fanbase refuses to because what it actually pertains to is only is revealed in the novels that Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson wrote.

If you do though the Jihad and the rule of Leto II were justified as (apparently) the least destructive means for a free humanity to survive the return of the thinking machines.
>>
File: 1493513283640.jpg (391KB, 641x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493513283640.jpg
391KB, 641x900px
>>53004080

> Brown elves exist for the sole purpose of filling the setting's magical realm.

It infuriates me to no end. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate elves as much as the next elegen/tg/entleman, but including an entire race for the sole reason of fetishizing it when it could be much better filled with politically intriguing courtesans, or a eugenically perfected slave caste is simply weak worldbuilding.
>>
>>53009131

I thought House Atreides were too popular at a time it was dangerous for the emperor to have someone more popular than he was?
>>
>>53009423
Speaking of which,

>Elves with wide hips and large breasts that would look identical to human women if it weren't for the ridiculously exaggerated pointy ears, and that also like to wear revealing outfits
>>
>>53009459
But curvy elves are the best kind of elves. Flat elves are for queers.
>>
>>53009309
It wasn't even states rights. We just didn't want to take up arms against the people we shared a common culture with. Kind of sad that it ended the way it did really.
>>
File: edge.png (39KB, 316x518px) Image search: [Google]
edge.png
39KB, 316x518px
>>53005440
>the hero of the story has likely grown up in the same society and yet somehow has managed to NOT managed to become a giant asshole.
see, that's why it's okay to smite the cinders out of the fucker
>>
>>53008934
>in cases where it's irrelevant
I don't get it.
When someone says "whales aren't fish", people don't get mad at them, despite that it's a fact that won't matter to most people. But saying "tomato is a fruit" somehow makes people mad.

Either way they're just factoids that are harmless to know.
>>
>>53009585
Factoid means something that isn't a fact but which people think is one.
>>
>>53009442
Both. Either. He was pretty popular among a small group of influential Houses that IIRC acted as the swing votes in the Landsraad. He was not officially the leader, but he had a lot of sway. In the Kevin J Anderson prequels I think he also personally embarrassed The Emperor by standing up for him when he stuck his imperial dick in a beehive or something? It's been a while since I read those.
>>
>>53009609
not in AMERICA!

>fac·toid
>ˈfakˌtoid/
>noun
>plural noun: factoids
>North American
>a brief or trivial item of news or information.

>a trivial item of information
>>
>>53009268
>Basically, nobody was in the right there.

I always got the sense that his entire line took actions that would result in the overall preservation of the human race as a whole, with little to no regard for short term gains or the delineation between good or evil. "In the right" doesn't really apply when you're trying to preserve your entire species from extinction.
>>
>>53005009
>idyllic high fantasy setting a la Magic Horse Pals
>idyllic

Not that this is any place to discuss it, but no.
>>
>>53009634

Having read Dune and the 3-4 books that come after it and nothing else, I got the impression the Emperor feared a coup of some sort from the Atreides, or at least people wanting someone from their house to replace him.
>>
>>53009649
And in America, tomatoes are legally vegetables by Supreme Court ruling.
>>
>>53007063
That can be pretty unbearable as a player. Id go the opposite way. The lesson I'd take from it is probably more along the lines of 'focus on things that are actually interesting', or 'make things interesting '
>>
>>53009728
neat, that's a factoid I didn't know.
I'm going to smugly explain this every time tomatoes come up for the next few months.
>>
>>53009728
You're legally a vegetable.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 780x1200px
>>53005165
I like any kind of villain as long as they are memorable.

If you forgive me my jojo references, i like almost every single villain that series raging from "did nothing wrong" Funny to "90's cartoon supervilain" Dio. However, i can't stand someone like Diavolo whose main appeal is the fact that his powers are really complicated to understand
>>
>>53009841
so anon is actually dreaming that he is shitposting on 4chan?
>>
>>53009867
They really aren't complicated though, if anything Heavy Weather is the most complex Stand.
Pucci a best villain though.
>>
>>53009909
Heavy Weather isn't that complicated

"The stand makes you think you are a snail"
>>
>>53009782

Only after tomatoes as being vegetables is brought up.

Then you each need to find more relevant factoids to counter that one, so you end up in a chain of "double dare/triple dare/etc." of attempting to smugly one-up each other.
>>
>>53009585
Whales aren't fish by any definition.
Tomatoes are vegetables by culinary definition and fruit by biological definition.

Outside of biology class the people refer to tomatoes as a vegetable. Incorrectly correcting people by parroting a fact you heard comes across as pedantic.

It's obvious that the people who bring up "tomatoes as fruits" are half-learned parrots because they don't do the same with cucumbers.
>>
>>53009909
>>53009945
Also Kira's da best
>>
>>53009945
>stand uses subliminal messaging via a rainbow
>not only makes you think you are a snail
>you can stick to flat surfaces like walls or ceilings
>can fold your body into a lead pipe because you thin you're a snail
>get attacked by "snail eaters" that kil lyou because you think your a snail
nigga what
>>
>>53009867
But Doppio
>>
>>53006160
Ha, I think I was almost in a game with this guy years ago on RPOL. He pitched a gritty street-level superhero campaign, and before we started he asked if there were any particular topics he should avoid. A reasonable precaution in that genre. It was quiet for a bit, but, you know, some people don't want to rock the boat in a new gaming group. So, I figured I'd take the bullet of speaking firsy with what I assumed would be a soft serve, "could we avoid portraying religious people as unilaterally evil?"

Game was cancelled right there. Guy said that a major background event involved Jesus being a deceptive devil and organized religion being a tool of evil. A more clever player than I called him out on "literally demonizing someone's beliefs".

Me, I was just confused how this was supposed to be a major plot point in a game about tracking down serial killers and punching human traffickers. The plot to assasinate the pope would do it though.
>>
>>53005372
I have an adventurers guild and my players love it

it functions like a sort of agent for distributing gigs to adventurers, since just wandering around town until you find a rumor is not very efficient way of getting things to do, and local mercenaries usually have better things to do than to try and retrieve family heirlooms from goblin encampments, so people took it upon themeselves to make an organized way to get their requests to someone who will try and fulfill them

I never liked strict hierarchies, if you wanted to be an S-class whatever, they would have joined mercenares instead, so the adventurers only have a very loose meritocracy, and signing up to raid a dragons nest when you have not yet learned to swing a sword will have reactions of "your funeral", "more claw fodder", or "you might die, kid", but never "you are not high enough rank"
>>
File: Qwark.jpg (58KB, 474x311px) Image search: [Google]
Qwark.jpg
58KB, 474x311px
>>53005009
>Unironically enjoy this trope
>Find the prospect of being forced into a different world to be completely terrifying
When will someone play this as a horror story instead of a happy fantasy?
>>
>>53007986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUZvwxucXbw

>yfw you have Casus Belli
>>
>>53004888
>pen and paper RPG
>not full of the same exact plots from cookie cutter neckbeards, all claiming uniqueness
Go ahead, throw some more orc babies at like it isn't the millionth fucking time I've seen that shit. Oh, the necromancer is a good guy with industrial corpse machines? What a novel concept! Next you'll tell me your elves are sapient broccoli that communicate via symbiotic mindslaved ferrets that are all without fail named Dennis.
>>
>>53012568
I need to play Europa Universalis...I've played the shit out of Victoria II...
>>
>>53004080
Black and white morality is one that often bugs me. Especially when it's something like "all members of X race are evil" or bbegs who are just doing it for teh evulz. I can see why many people do/like that, but personally I like some complexity in characters. Bad guys who mean well, wars bred from misunderstandings, etc. That's something that I like about the elder scrolls setting
>>
>>53012472
Grimgar apparently fit that bill for the first few episodes
>>
>>53012472
Re:Zero is sort of what you're looking for. Not quite horror, but distinctly darker than the others in its genre.
>>
>>53005076
>All housecats are the size of dragons and are named after Norse gods
But that's fucking badass.
>>
>>53009989
>you can stick to flat surfaces like walls or ceilings
>can fold your body into a lead pipe because you thin you're a snail
Nigga, the whole reason that was possible was Stone Free.
>>
File: 1398602173434.jpg (79KB, 908x908px) Image search: [Google]
1398602173434.jpg
79KB, 908x908px
>>53004080
Since there's no worldbuilding general I'll have to ask here

My setting has 5 major continents with extremely varied ecosystems. What's the best way to organize all of the regions on each continent in a way that makes it easy to find?
>>
File: 1481495323662.jpg (1MB, 2200x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1481495323662.jpg
1MB, 2200x1556px
>>53008205
Haha, yes.
>>
>>53009545
Weeeelllp turns out I'm an edgelord.
>>
>>53009757
The trick is to never tell them anything unless they ask for it. It's the perfect way to always be prepared for going off the rails, which my group always likes to do. But they don't realize that everywhere is railroads.
>>
>>53013004
I mean, Pennsylvania is literally Penn's Forest translated. So. There you go. Don't even need a 'Land of'
>>
>>53013004
>you will never play a knight from Noblebright's Land journeying to the Realm of the God of the Underworld to stop an invasion of evil spirits
>>
File: apprentice.png (625KB, 900x1040px) Image search: [Google]
apprentice.png
625KB, 900x1040px
>>53009423
Why are elves even considered a different species from humans again? Their physical differences don't really warrant being considered a whole different animal, if anything they're basically just another race of humanity.
>>
>>53014109
>fantasy races are defined by 'species'
Stop
>>
File: ears.gif (499KB, 222x366px) Image search: [Google]
ears.gif
499KB, 222x366px
>>53014148
Well then what's the point? We have "dark elves" and "light elves" and "wood elves", but at that point why not just go all the way and have "black humans" and "white humans" and "asian humans"?

I'm not talking about times where the species are clearly different, like in Warhammer 40k. I'm talking specifically about examples like >>53009423
>>
>>53004861
As an atheist, I find myself almost never having any plotlines involving churches, but if I do, it's never a "the church was secretly ebil!" twist. It's usually a "that priest turned out to be lying about being a good guy but nobody knew" twist.
>>
>>53005076
>Also dinosaurs that breathe fire
I like this one. Lets you have more fodder-like "dragons" and big time Dragons for when shit gets real. Plus there are plenty of other interesting things you can do with it.
>>
>>53014109
>thermally-sensitive vision
>incredible longevity
>innate grace and agility
>enters a trance state instead of sleeping
Yeah, sounds like they're pretty much identical to humans.
>>
>>53009867
Diovolo is a legit case of bad translation making a concept harder to understand than it should be.
>>
File: elf.gif (2MB, 1067x720px) Image search: [Google]
elf.gif
2MB, 1067x720px
>>53014747
Forgot about the longevity and trance state. Okay, that's fair.
>>
File: Chessboard.00_png_srz.png (209KB, 527x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Chessboard.00_png_srz.png
209KB, 527x1002px
>>53004080
>>53004721
>>53006977
I think JAGS Wonderland is a good tabletop RPG representation of the Alice in Wonderland strangeness.
>>
>>53012643
Hey now, it's not all like that!
... The ferrets are actually named Stanley.
>>
>>53005408
This. Evil or at least self serving rebels who will be worse than the current order.
>>
>>53014148
>races, not species

They're pretty much species tho.
>>
>>53005165
a villain with depth and even sympathetic elements isn't strictly bad, so long as it's made more than empty pathos, be they tragic in nature, fallen heroes, or even actually redeemable, the importaince is not letting those elements suddenly make their acts excusable unless they were perhaps under the effect of external corruption, and even then it may leave too little of them to be saved.

its all in the fact that every tom dick and harry wanting to be a writer thinks they can do any of this with the skill needed, when their story could be served just as well with a well executed if comparatively simpler villain
>>
>>53005282
hell you can make even a villain redeemable without it being a sob story
>>
>>53005282
hell you can make even a villain redeemable without it being a sob story

>>53005380
I got one better
>hero is seen 2 hours later laughing it up with his new skelebro
>>
>>53005762
I mean hell, fucking Zero Dawn pulled this off decently, the Nora are run by a Matriarchy, and have their Braves in an egalitarian manner, but they are considered odd to other tribes due to their isolation making it hard for other groups to learn about them, the more traditional Osoram have a classic stay in the kitchen mentality, but a well meaning variant of it, while the Carja actually assume the Nora are full Amazon tribe with only warrior women,
>>
>>53013372
Thrash metal is distilled edge.
I love it.
>>
>>53015974
If you don't run them as fake ethnicity (or stand-ins for real ethnicities, if you're lazy and unimaginative) then you ought to neck yourself.
>>
>>53009423
in my setting the "brown" elves are one of the skin colors of the High Elves who have an egyptian feel to them, tanned by the time int he sun, some of them are also Red because I love the Of Mars Books
>>
>>53008565
Isn't he a 30 year old salaryman or something?
>>
>>53008511
/tg/ doesn't know what the fuck a magical realm is, how do you expect them to understand the difference between a mary sue and a good character?
>>
>>53005015
Fucking goat
>>
>>53005320
Richard Ramirez.
Dennis Rader.
Eric Harris.
>>
>>53016783
m-magical realm is when it's my fetish, and everyone else's fetish at the table, and the GM caters to it absolutely, right?

Right!?
>>
>>53016556
I can see different flavors of elf being just different ethnicities (and it makes more sense than different races).

But otherwise, fuck you. Humans are humans, elves are different species (or subspecies if you're a little pansy nancy) with their own several cultures, dwarves are another different species with THEIR set of cultures.

And no, no interbreeding. Half-elf babbies aren't possible (not for the lack of trying, though).
>>
>>53005372
I kind of do in my setting, but they're more of a very specific kind of guard/paladin order. They have a difficult recruitment process, and exist because some locations in the world have high quantities of monstrous entities and this organisation very specifically exists to stop the ones that wander too close to civilisation.

Since the dragons have appeared there's a split down the group whether or not they should rumour is they're going to start taking anybody who applies, which there's some resistance to the idea because it means there's likely going to be EVEN MORE rookie deaths. And once/if the Dragons are dealt with they won't just be able to kick the "emergency recruits" out, which will damage their credibility if they start failing their jobs. (This also makes them one of the few organisations not tied directly to the countries politcal structure, which in the wake of the recently deceased queen with no heir, is strained at best).

Yes, it has been pointed out how similar this is to Skyrim. I completely blanked when I was writing up my event overview for the events in the world. Thankfully the players have taken it all in good humour, and are having fun anyway. Although that might just be because they got to rob a train.
>>
>>53016456
>Hero is seen 2 hours later laughing it up with his new skelebro

I actually like that one from the other side. Where the dick/pragmatist is hit by the "now you will fight your evil side" beam and they just get a moment of "yeah no, all my villainous thoughts and I are on kind of good terms."
>>
>>53005147
It's not what you're looking for, but the idea is (just barely) played with in a harem comedy manga that I can't remember the name of.

Basically the MC is destined the understudy/fill-in for a story without a hero, but when HE refuses the call to adventure, he accidentally essentially breaks himself free of the fate and ALL the stories jump on him at once. So he has to
>Get teleported into a UFO to deal with an Alien princess who's planet needs help
>Get teleported to fantasy land to fight the big bad evil dragon
>Get summoned by his childhood friend macguffin mage to protect from the demon from another dimension that wants her power.

So he
>Uses UFO teleportation and technology to teleport straight to the evil dragons base through magic barriers, and sci-fi weapons the fuck out of the dragon.
>Uses magic to help the alien world's agriculture or something.
>Uses the Legendary Hero Sword from fantasy land to defeat the otherdimension demon going after his childhood friend.

Then it just kind of turned super generic and I dropped it. But the opening chapters had an interesting concept at work.
>>
>>53004861
>>53006160
Honestly, a church sacrificing babies and summoning demons is much more convincing than one that just sings hymns and has a nice time.

Like, I would join the first one before the second one every time, because fuck your hymns, the first guys ACTUALLY HAVE POWERS
>>
>>53007945
How many times does someone have to hear "Now, I don't know much about quantum physics, BUT-" for it to get a spot on this list?
>>
>>53016587
>some of them are also Red because I love the Of Mars Books
I replaced orcs with green Martians for the same reason.
>>
>>53016600
I thought it was 40s, but yeah.
In volume 12 he gets all hyped up over being able to make a sales pitch...not really the general isekai protagonist.
>>
>>53013004
Carolina just means "Land of the free." , it's feminine because states are feminine.
>>
>>53008486
Not sure. Can't see you up there on the peak.
>>
>>53021485
>it's feminine because states are feminine.
Somewhere, there's a feminist blog arguing that the American Civil War is sexist because the feminine states weren't permitted freedom by the federal patriarchy and so the only just course of action is to retroactively permit the south to have seceded.
>>
>>53004080
can't I have a standart, good ol setting for once?
>>
>>53004080
>The first thing a group of low level adventures do will involve them in a plot against the demon lord
>>
>>53005190

You want this, go watch Now and Then; Here and There. It's exactly what you are looking for.
>>
File: dean16.jpg (26KB, 492x329px) Image search: [Google]
dean16.jpg
26KB, 492x329px
>>53024480
Thanks anon. I'll bookmark it for tonight.
>>
>>53007855
IIRC his leg never healed properly at all and caused him constant pain, so he never did anything particularly athletic afterwards. If it did heal he would probably have gone back to being Superchad again.
>>
>>53004080
Any time I see the map of a fantasy setting, and it's a full-scale map of the entire planet, with all the continents clearly named and defined. Unless you're running a game set during the setting's Age of Exploration, or you have some other good reason for the PCs to know what the entire world looks like, stop fucking doing this. All it does is make the setting seem small, and boring. There's nothing more to find, no more blank spaces to fill in, no more dragons just over the hill.

Also, any time a setting has all kinds of weird and awesome shit in it, but the story is always set in the one part of the world that just happens to look like Fantasy Europe. Dishonoured and the Elder Scrolls are some of the worst offenders in this regard,
>>
>>53018548
Except his evil church guys never had any more power than, say, real world church people in the current day and age. It was basically established multiple times that they were evil and did those things solely for the sake of being evil, to the point that the DM was constantly frustrated that we refused to interact with them at any point because they'd just backstab us 100% of the time.
>>
>>53014895
It's woefully underappreciated. It just has so much potential, but being a free product from an incredibly obscure company using a very shitty system did it no favors.
>>
>>53024803
>Dishonoured and the Elder Scrolls are some of the worst offenders in this regard,
Can always hold out hope for a game set exploring Pandyssia
>>
>>53005372
>You mean garbage light novels take on rpgs right?
No he means Japan. Wizardry is insanely popular over there and set up a lot of fantasy tropes still used in stories today.

Dungeon Meshi, /tg/s favorite, is one such manga that is heavily influenced by Wizardry.

That's to say nothing of the huge amount of games that are trying to capture the nostalgia of playing wizardry, like Etrian Odyssey or SMT, or the fact that Japan literally has it's own genre classification for something built like Wizardry, which is DRPG, or Dungeon (crawl) RPG.
>>
>>53009971
I've never seen someone call a cucumber a vegetable.
>>
Implied racism from a chickenshit DM who is afraid to actually have it mean something.

>Hey guys, Elves and Dwarves REALLY hate each other in this setting! Like suuuuper racist.
>Okay, now that you've made a party with an Elf in it, its time for you to go to the Dwarven city.
>This Dwarf treats you wall with respect
>Oh wait, I said racist, right? Uuuuh...the dwarf totally gives you 2 lumps with your tea instead of 3. Clearly he has to grow.

Look, if you're not comfortable with completely closing off all dwarf quest lines because none of the dwarfs want to work with an elf sympathizer, and having random packs of dwarfs try to kill us because of said elf, then fucking just don't include the racism part. Don't add in generic LotR shit just because you saw another setting have it, and ESPECIALLY don't add it in if you don't have the balls to act on it.
>>
>>53024803
Wouldn't magic in general make early world exploration a hell of a lot easier than it was in the real world?

Even if you ignore flight, teleportation, and communing with spirits/elements/undead to totally cheat through mapping the globe, a little magic to not have to deal with rations/tiredness or just turning into a bird definitely would make things easy on a prospective world explorer.
>>
>>53025635
Shame, too, because one reason I like monster races so much is the mutual racism but, but it rarely if ever is fully realized.
>>
>>53025942
That's assuming magic can do all the things you assume it can, in any given setting.

And if it *can* do all the things you suggest, and is sufficiently well-understood for it to be used for exploration, then you're in the setting's Age of Discovery, and have a perfect justification for accurate maps.

Most settings don't bother to explain this, however. That's what irks me.
>>
>>53005213
>>53005313
normally I see the more common, and reasonable, "adulthood is thinking squidward wasn't so bad"
>>
>le neofeudal future

>good guys are the most open to technology

GAH.
>>
File: Riff.jpg (34KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
Riff.jpg
34KB, 350x500px
>>53013004
>Reddish Land
>Not red. Just reddish.
Subarashii.
>>
>>53005408
The main thing in my sci-fi concept is kinda like this. The idea being even though the empire itself is held under a semi-militaristic regime, they do it for the sake of being able to defend themselves from malevolent aliens. Some human colonies have even been in contact with alien natives. But the rebels are under the impression of it being an oppressive hellhole. But are secretly controlled by corporate and racial asshats that wanna turn a profit on the planets in the territories. Also a majority of the rebels want to exterminate aliens from the galaxy as well as human societies that work with them leading to one of my main character's home planets being bombed back to the stone age, even though the aliens are not there anymore.
>>
>>53006691
t. 19 year old male
>>
>>53026671
As for pet-peeves on the other hand I hate constant use of the same gimmick. Like in my current group one guy if he has any control over the world whatsoever he tries his damndest to put in Kitsune and fox spirits in literally every story we do. Either that or other anime inspired stuff, like turning our Halfling rogue into a neko for no reason.
>>
>>53005220
I was in your shoes too. but trade in trickster heroes for nomad tribesmen and that's basically me.
>>
>>53004080
>Death gods are always angsty, murder obsessed edgelords

Almost every single story I've seen that involves a death god has them depicted as maniplulative murderers and all around BBEGs. This led me to a concept for the god of death being a guardian keeping necromancers away rather then being worshipped by them.
>>
>>53004080
Senseless hipster contrarianism
>>
>>53004080
>filename isn't OP.png
>>
>>53009423
This. I wanna see brown elves more have also had the concept of desert elves a couple times but now I'm after reading that I'm kinda scared to pitch the whole idea cuz of the accusation of it being magical realm even when its not.
>>
>>53012682
Sounds like my one friend making one nation in his setting (pretty much not!Russia) a country of rascists for the sole purpose of making another person's character look like an asshole for no reason. That and the fact that he's said that now every character from that country is hated because it's a nation of rascists.
>>
>>53005987
a southerner calling a northerner revisionist in regards to the civil war.

We are approaching lethal levels of irony here.
>>
>Wars are always fought over "good and evil" or "muh religion" or "kill [INSERT RACE HERE]", not land or resources
>Siege engines and earthworks don't exist
>>
>>53004080
I don't like when the DN simply doesn't bother determining what loot plot-significant NPCs are carrying until after we kill them. Not just the ones he wasn't expecting us to loot, either, but dunegon bosses, even some of the ones in the actual WotC books like Dragon Queen and Phandelver.
>>
>>53004861
At the very least it would at least be nice to have the mundane/local sort of badness that real churches might have engaged in. Stuff like concubinage, neglect, or using special legal powers to usurp peasant land. Just shit that mediocre men in a position of limited power might get up to.

Every time the church is evil it's either got to be supernatural or inquisition shit.
>>
>>53004861
seriously, fuck this

im as neckbeard atheist as you can get, but this is just so fucking tiring and cliched it completely breaks my immersion
>>
>>53026927
Well, there's Baron Samedi.
>He is noted for disruption, obscenity, debauchery, and having a particular fondness for tobacco and rum. Additionally, he is the loa of resurrection, and in the latter capacity he is often called upon for healing by those near or approaching death, as it is only the Baron who can accept an individual into the realm of the dead.[2][3]

Baron Samedi spends most of his time in the invisible realm of vodou spirits. He is notorious for his outrageous behavior, swearing continuously and making filthy jokes to the other spirits.

Best death god right here.
>>
File: lol do you haet fun.gif (674KB, 492x328px) Image search: [Google]
lol do you haet fun.gif
674KB, 492x328px
>>53004080
>there are a dozen races, but 90% of people are humans regardless
>adventures are implicitly treated as this special "people that matter"-class and seem to naturally occur in balanced little teams of themed heroes
>adventurer guilds that act like mmo hubs
>our world, present day, supernatural creature in hiding [end lore]
>steampunk cartoontech that can be build from random junk and mimics modern items
>magic spells as racial traits, I am a shadow halfling or whatever because this once a day shadowmeld I have (as a sole insular trait none the less) apparently makes me another race
>elementals and elemental templates on creatures, oh wow a vague human blob made of homogeneous fire, much fantasy, such wonder
>technology and magic are opposite forces
>organizations/races that do nothing except looking sagely for thousands of years
>Fey and their realm of forced as fuck whimsy and dark goth kitsch insanity
>just add a layer of Cthulhu, that makes it cool, right?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>53008462
t. someone who just read the synopsis and heard memes

A power wank Mary Sue wouldn't be a lonely fuck crippled and consumed by his own paranoia, gradual loss of humanity and a slow descend to actual, real evil rather than some sympathetic comedic bullshit.

He's completely unrelatable, and therefore impossible for self-insert power fantasy purposes.
>>
>>53025999
I like monster races because I enjoy playing things that have different biological requirements and abilities than humans, myself. The racism is an annoying side effect.

This is also why I play robots and tree men so often.
>>
>>53005096
not exactly identical
>>
>>53006514
But christ was actually a good person. Even of you don't believe in god, he preached love thy neighbor, and peace between nations;
>>
>>53031609
And he also had anger problems causing him to tear down people's fig trees and shit occasionally.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.