[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Draw Your Party thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 60

File: 1445799765884.png (157KB, 2100x2052px) Image search: [Google]
1445799765884.png
157KB, 2100x2052px
Remember to rate other parties.
>>
>>53002921
This seems fun, i'll do it on PS once I get back from work, bump.
>>
File: Untitled.png (491KB, 1524x811px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
491KB, 1524x811px
>>53002921
My drawing skills are nonexistent even with this, so I'm going to instead use HeroForge to create the current party my players are running.

No, but seriously, Liam's player badly needs to stop falling asleep during the sessions.
>>
>>53003536
>orphanate

*I meant orphanage. What the Hell would an orphanate be? A state ruled by orphans?
>>
>>53003591
verb
-to make orphaned
>>
>>53003591
>>53004232
orphanter
n
one who orphantes: one who makes orphans
>>
>>53004232 >>53004255
How are these words.
>>
>>53003536
>falling asleep during sessions
I have a player who's on the verge of being banned from playing because of this, he knows it's a problem but refuses to either A) get coffee/an energy drink for untold reasons or B) nap before the session or something
Boy ain't right I tell you hwat
>>
>>53004362
they aren't really, i was just kidding
>>
File: Untitled.png (655KB, 1528x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
655KB, 1528x1070px
>>53002921
Again, lack of drawing skill. Here's the campaign we just finished, where I wasn't playing (I was Iliira) and the guy playing Oggie here, >>53003536 was DM'ing.
>>
File: dogfinder party.png (99KB, 1623x685px) Image search: [Google]
dogfinder party.png
99KB, 1623x685px
Slightly outdated.
>>
>>53003536
Oh this is a really cool idea. I should do this for more of my parties. I prefer pixel art myself.
>>
File: party.png (462KB, 1800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
party.png
462KB, 1800x1000px
>>
File: XfK2kSF.png (22KB, 369x347px) Image search: [Google]
XfK2kSF.png
22KB, 369x347px
So far I've done only two characters from my party.
>>
Here's mine. Campaign started with just two players, as a side thing to our normal group. Eventually we added a few more people from our group as situation changed. There are quite a few deceased characters I've left out, Nathan and Enoch are the only ones left from the beginning. We are hoping to go back to this campaign soon, opening with our 45th session, where Nathan prepares to battle an old friend who has been hired by the kingdom to hunt them down, as the party tries to free a frontier town in the frozen wastes from the draconian rule of an evil lich and his bugbear minions.
>>
File: enochnathandreadnought2-larger.png (23KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
enochnathandreadnought2-larger.png
23KB, 800x600px
I also made this little scene of the group facing down a fleet of enemy airships.Basically it's a steampunk setting mixed with fantasy, so there are trains, airship, etc.. At one point the characters decided they wanted one of the kingdom's super-sized 400-foot "dreadnought" airships so they stole one. They also got involved in an anarchist plot to take over the city just because Enoch wanted his own airship. Then once the anarchist was in charge, they realized he was actually even worse, so they ended up killing him instead. The campaign has had so many epic battles it'd be hard to fit them into one post or even thread. I could upload my campaign notes if there is interest, they might prove an entertaining read.
>>
>>53006283
Formatting is shit but the art is good, you need to clean up the white spaces but that's mostly cause OP's template has shitty JPG artifacts and was drawn by someone who has no idea how the fuck MSpaint works.

That said your party seems god-tier. Two female players, two gender-benders, or one of each?
>>
>>53005787
Ido seems like an extremely entertaining character. I might steal him to use as an NPC.
>>
>>53006663
Both are IRL females in their late thirties
Dalheorn and Alesten are my IRL buddies.
Ingwald and both ladies I knwo from RP-heavy MUD, but we had few IRL meetups since then
We play on Roll20 since we all live in different cities now.
I tried also to make group sligtly larger by inviting randos through LFG, but as it can be seen they flaked out so I guess it's better to play just with people I have more solid contact. (Can't say they were bad players outside of disappearing though, especially the hobbit player was quite good)
>>
>>53006897
Small size isn't a bad thing. My best experiences are in groups of 2 to 4 players. It's cool you actually played some LotR though, i always felt like running in Middle Earth would feel really limiting.
>>
>>53006994
It actually is limiting, but in a good way. Sure it does put some constrains on the story's theme, on which characters would be viable, but it's a genre thing. I for sure prefer it over standard kithcen-sink with dozens of races and flashy classes.

If you mean "limiting" in the sense of "there is little to do if you don't want to stretch the canon", I guess nope, it isn't really. I thought it would be but The One Ring, especially it's fluff supplements, kind of showed me the contrary. There are many "blank spaces" in Tolkien's world that can be filled without contradicting the estabilished lore and feel, even when acting on quite "epic" scale.
>>
>>53007158
That's pretty cool. I love the feel of the Lord of the Rings world, where it's not like Star Wars with 100 different races and classes. I like when most of the party are warrior or thief types with 1 or 2 spellcasters at most.

What's the most epic battle you've had? I'm curious how far you can go.
>>
>>53007213
I didn't do anything really epic as of now, since characters are still not very experienced and I don't do much combat at all, for now it was like one combat encounter every other session - including some brigands,
orcs, a wight and mewlips
. But since I'm going with the Darkening of Mirkwood campaign, it will eventually come to battling a dragon, fighting nazgul Lieutenant of Dol Guldur, and participating in battles deciding the fate of nations.
Currently they're trying to dispatch easterling sorcerer, former apprentice of Sauron who escaped the fall of Dol Guldur, have taken residence in abandoned elven tower over the Anduin and builds up his own force.
>>
>>53007351
damn that's pretty cool. I always figured the history of Middle Earth was pretty completionist due to its level of detail but I guess it's not. I'll have to check out TOR and the Darkening of Mirkwood campaign. I'd love to run in middle earth.
>>
>>53007424
It is al set in Wilderland after the Hobbit.
Since LotR characters are only crossing Wilderland for a short time and through it's southwestern frontier only, all the info about what happened there since Bibo's quest comes from LotR appendices and is quite limited. Basically boils down to
>founding of Beorning folk
>rebuilding of Dale and it's succesion line
>Nazgul retaking of Dol Guldur
>the War of the Ring in the region
That's actually much of free space to set things, and TOR (mostly fluff supplements, The Heart of the Wild and already mentioned Darkening of Mirkwood) do a great job with filling this area with points of interest and plothooks. The Darkening of Mirkwood itself focuses on the struggle of the Woodmen of Mirkwood against the power of Dol Guldur growing anew, but there are also things like dwarves trying to retake their old halls in Grey Mountains, power struggles in the rebuilt Dale, conflicts between the clans of Anduin Vales and much more.
>>
>>53006299
And another update on the party. 7 more characters to go.
>>
File: AvuGdrh.png (34KB, 193x427px) Image search: [Google]
AvuGdrh.png
34KB, 193x427px
>>53008146
Shit, forgot pic
>>
File: merak_mizar_erindal_party_pic.png (6KB, 292x124px) Image search: [Google]
merak_mizar_erindal_party_pic.png
6KB, 292x124px
no descriptions, sorry. The greatsword guy is a barbarian who became a ranger who became a forest reeve and now plans to turn his tribe into defenders of nature, the left-most elf is the one wielding the MacGuffin sword and is the super-legolas of the party, the halfling is an ultimate magus (combo of sorcerer and wizard, has a ton of spells per day), the other elf is the group's NPC cleric, and the guy with the mace and rapier is the bard, who has been named heir to the town the characters are from.
>>
>>53006423
>>53006549
I like It. Specially Nathan and Poppy. Can you share something about their adventures? Also, what system do you use?
>>
>>53008168
The fire Guy seems interesting
>>
>>53009657
He's the party's resident hard ass military officer and fire mage. He got his powers from an experimental heart implant done by the guy to his left who is a mage who focuses on biomanipulation (both of them don't know this because fire guy was knocked out obviously and biomage didn't bother to remember the face of just another test subject). The heart was the heart of a witch and although it gave him her powers, it ended with him being possessed by the soul of said witch without anyone noticing. Long story short, in the end, the party encountered a god like being later on and the witch took her chance to escape his body and become even more powerful. Fire guy regained control of his body and retained some of the witch's powers. The witch is currently still running loose but the party is currently more concerned with fighting in the Great War that has just broken out. She'll probably be revisited in the future.
>>
File: barbarian team B.jpg (120KB, 600x368px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian team B.jpg
120KB, 600x368px
The party I DM for in a tribal setting. Most of the characters originate from mongolian-like clans.

>Un-Ramah
Female centaur storm druid. Sleeps with everything she can, bad temper, believes every problem can be solved with lightning. Likes to run around naked in the rain. A loner born from a gregarious race. She can float, which is useful against the centaurs' greatest enemies, namely stairs.

>Olgoï-Khorkhoi
Male half-orc ranger. Believes himself to be the son of a snake god, and acts accordingly. So far, his cult is comprised of three small but very enthusiastic children. Ambiguously zoophiliac. Stoner. Has a snake companion, and a small myconid friend.

>Chuluun
Male centaur bard/sorcerer. Longest standing party member, in fact the only survivor of the previous party setup. Comes from the same clan as Un-Ramah, though he was subtly, rather than overtly, kicked out as well. Pretty mellow, usually the party face. Likes to rock out epically. Plays the drums.

>Uuruubuukuuruu
Male human bard from the far North, latest addition to the team. Just sort of started following them, though he quickly made friends with Chuluun over mutual love of rocking out. Attracts orcish stalkers. Usually sings songs of his homeland. Pretty useless as a fighter, but likes buffing others.

One thing I do regret is that in the previous party setup, I had another bard who died before Uuruubuukuuruu joined the team. A three-bards team would have been hell for the combat parts, but pretty funny roleplay-wise, I think.
>>
File: Party.png (113KB, 1095x736px) Image search: [Google]
Party.png
113KB, 1095x736px
>manic depressive alcoholic wizard
>sexy fighter lady that flirts with everyone.
>meta gamer ranger obsessed with getting better bows
>half-orc barbarian savage
>>
File: EjWdp05.png (96KB, 557x621px) Image search: [Google]
EjWdp05.png
96KB, 557x621px
>>53008168
Almost done. Four characters done and then I'll write their names and descriptions. Gonna take a break for now though.
>>
>>53009570
We play Savage Worlds.

I think our best battle was when they arrived at a gnoll city built into a hillside, a bit like Edoras from the Lord of the Rings, but with towers everywhere and long walls that led to airship docks. They were in a wagon they had armored and attached a gatling gun to. Upon first encountering the gnolls they immediately shot them with the loudest guns possible. Then when some more gnolls came to investigate, they killed those as well. Then, rather than falling back and scouting the place out, they decided to go full speed ahead, driving into the city, Enoch blazing away on the Gatling gun. Arrows rained down on them from the towers, but they fired back and even destroyed one of the towers with a mini-cannon. They headed up a switchback road, with very tight hairpin turns, and saw a group of gnoll cavalry coming down from above. Rather than turning down, they plowed straight through, breaking the wheel. Enoch went to fix it, and almost fell off the wagon and off the edge. However, Nathan caught him. By this point the gnoll airships had taken off and were raining down gatling gun fire on the wagon. The characters made it to the top, broke into the castle, fought their way along the walls to one of the gnoll airships, and hijacked it. One NPC character died and another NPC got a permanent injury, but the player characters all escaped unscathed. This was before Poppy & Vyden were in the party, though.

Pic related, my campaign notes.
>>
File: 9000 hours in MS Paint.png (50KB, 1788x655px) Image search: [Google]
9000 hours in MS Paint.png
50KB, 1788x655px
>>53002921
Made this a while back

>>53006283
A lot has been lost in your party. Still interesting though

>>53010305
Looks great!
>>
>>53012253
That seems fun.
>>
File: ETERPARTY.png (2MB, 4069x2048px) Image search: [Google]
ETERPARTY.png
2MB, 4069x2048px
Something like this. There's usually an NPC or two tagging along.
>>
>>53006549
The pixel art is pretty cool.
>>
File: the gang.png (285KB, 3199x672px) Image search: [Google]
the gang.png
285KB, 3199x672px
>>53002921
Did this up for a dragon age campaign I was in a while back

>>53010305
Sounds like a blast
>>
File: VD.png (496KB, 5056x5488px) Image search: [Google]
VD.png
496KB, 5056x5488px
I like RPG games but don't really like fantasy settings, So me and my friends have been using a Custom set of rules for a Fallout RPG that I created. It's kinda sad though, there's only 3 of us so I am both the GM and play Rick, which is probably why he get's the short end of the stick the most, so the other players don't think I'm putting myself first.
>>
>>53014831
W-why is everyone so obsessed with sex?
>>
>>53014857
Notice the lack of medic. These three are constantly holding their intestines in themselves, with the occasional doctor's visit or stimpak far far between.
>>
>>53014868
Waifus are vital to capturing the feel of the dragon age games.

Another player did the descriptions though, and probably hammed it up for meme value.
>>
File: 30_a_showdown.png (2MB, 3900x1800px) Image search: [Google]
30_a_showdown.png
2MB, 3900x1800px
>tfw every time you betray your party the GM just takes your character sheet and brian slaps you across the back of the head

>You will never actually play a villain
>>
>>53003591
>A state ruled by orphans?
Stealing this
>>
>>53002921
unfortunately, my party is 90% special snowflake.

I'll try to find some fanart some people made though
>>
>>53002921
Here's the party I DM. It's out of date, but close enough.

>>53003536
>>53005660
Using HeroForge is actually quite clever. It's probably a lot faster than the requisite 9000 MS Paint hours.
>>
>>53014868
Because its Dragon Age and half the lore of that game relates to Homosexualiy
>>
>>53015313

Jesus fuck, is that still going?

Seriously, fuck that guy.
>>
File: FUCKBITCHES.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKBITCHES.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>>53006994
>Small size isn't a bad thing.
Tell that to my girlfriend
>>
File: Poster.png (1MB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Poster.png
1MB, 800x1132px
Trail of Cthulhu campaign with loads of weird war.
>>
>>53014857
Gibe system
Gibe
>>
>>53018509
Sounds stupid.
>>
>>53002921
Pic related.
>>
>>53020540
{>Gibe?
>>
>>53020694
?
>>
>>53015313
>>53018973
Apparently the Paladin is the one who started shit/got NPC'd.
>>
>>53020694
Your party looks a lot like mine
>>
>>53015313

Is this some sort of comic?
>>
>>53022375
it's a long standing legend of /tg/ a guy from an old draw-your-party thread who did regular updates in great detail over a long running game, although it'd very possible that the game itself fell thru and the guy kept going with the story on his own, kinda like fanfic.
https://warosu.org/tg/thread/33436921
>>
>>53020540
What does that mean?
>>
>>53014857
This is fucking great, esp. the Rubix cube part. Usually I hate characters who look lulz-random but these guys are great.
>>
>>53014687
thanks, friend. I'm working on one for my other post-apocalyptic group, hopefully it will be done bfore thread dies.
>>
>>53023766
Thanks. The characters are cartoonish exaggerations of the people actu ally playing them so the odd combation of. Trats, I feel, fleshes them out more.
>>
>>53024196
Makes sense.

Bump, stay alive thread so I can finish my other pixel art.
>>
Pump a bumb-ump
>>
im getting there on finishing the art for my other party, book mark the thread and I swear I will post it before thread dies
>>
>>53004483
Because orphan is already a verb.
>>
File: Festa.png (413KB, 1719x856px) Image search: [Google]
Festa.png
413KB, 1719x856px
Here's my player's party. I created most of them and they choose which one they wanted to play as, giving them some small backstory they could develop on, when they die the player would create their own character. It is my first DM campaign and the first RPG ever to some of my friends.

>Herwulf
His name is the combination of Hercules and Beowulf. He's the typical strong and dumb(borderline sentient) barbarian. Born on a ship and spent most of his childhood on the same, the only intelectuall subject he had ever mastered, and really well, is navigation. It's ritualistic for him to get on a bar fight on every new town

>Rick
Don't remember the age or height, but he's the youngest
Novice paladin with a strong sense of justice and faith in his patron god Duodeno, arguably the leader. As a kid he was kidnapped by the Chess Bandits(a guild of bandits themed as chess pieces) as a slave, he had to excell in the game to achieve his freedom, he later enlisted in the Prince's personal army. He noticed his affinity with the holy and sense of the wicked during a battle of the civil war that the opposing side used some kind of dark magic to manipulate the events(magic is consired a war crime in this setting). He's on a journey to understad what happened at that battle to gather proof and frame his enemy

>Laurel
A pecualiar figure to spot at the streets of a human village. A well dressed and overly feminine(his package gives it away) High Elf trying to pull scams on gullible townspeople. Born noble but disowned for reasons he refuses to share, he's a master of disguise and forgery aswell as stealth, he still remember his fencing lessons of his house. Committed to return to his social status through gold
Was killed on a espionage mission
>>
>>53028998
Are heroforge miniatures worth the money?
>>
>>53028998
>Guan Shu
After a night of booze, Guan woke on a distant land he had never heard of. Planning to return to his homeland but not before expirencing what this new world had to offer.
Was killed by 4 lizardmen and a wererat at the sewers

>Ezekiel
Also don't remember, but he's the oldest of the humans
A very weird scholar with fondness to Demons and Celestials who did not think twice before selling his soul to a devil for power. With his new abilities he was able to become even more powerful. He only later realised he had come to a point his soul would be enough to power the next attack on the mortal plane by his patron. The sollution he came up with was to become immortal, the challenge is discovering how

>Karl Rex
Substitute for Laurel
Lives in a cabin at the woods and suffers form amnesia, occasionally having visions of the past. Helped the party at killing a Troll that had been terrosing a hunter village for some years. Plays the cavaquinho and easily befriends animals

>Murdoc
Doesn't have a lot of backstory because I only made him so a friend could join briefly. He was a snob and only helped the party for his own interests

>Audor
Substitute for Guan Shu
He's a "That Guy" character. Really, he's what you would expect from a tiefling rogue and that guy player. Got btfo'd by the party after trying to assassinate them(this wasn't a that guy moment, I actually inserted him this way to make more sense) and is now being held captive by them
>>
>>53029589
I only use it to recreate the characters. Never bought one, sorry
>>
>>53006299
trust nobody not even your party members
>>
goddamn it thread don't die
>>
>>53029589
Depends on the material. I've bought them in metal, the new dark plastic and the bronze.
Metal - Isn't worth it. tough little fucker but all the detail is lost and it looks gritty.
Bronze - very detailed and pretty looking, but absolutely not worth the cost. The sort of thing you get yourself when you retire a PC after a long ongoing campaign and you're really attached to them.
Premium plastic - brilliant and totally worth a buy. I've got a few and they've all been very resilient and paint up nicely with great detail.
>>
File: My group.png (416KB, 1496x805px) Image search: [Google]
My group.png
416KB, 1496x805px
This is the group I'm currently running a pathfinder hexcrawl for.
>>
>>53030338
what bout the shitty 15 dollar plastic that is the only one my poor ass can afford?
>>
>>53030691
They're kinda shit and lose a lot of the detail.
>>
>>53030758
damn. Alright I guess I'll have to save up 30 bucks one day then.
>>
File: 20170424_125321.jpg (4MB, 3736x2416px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_125321.jpg
4MB, 3736x2416px
>>53002921
Left to right
>Kaelin Spade, of Raven's Crest
>Terrin, Son of Torn
>Mel, Emissary of the Al'Throc
>>
>>53030799
I dig the style
>>
bump, almost done
>>
>>53012638
the latter three characters make me think this is some kind of porno. I guess the first one does too a little bit.
>>
>>53016936
I applaud your use of lego crests
>>
File: apoc_party_descriptions.png (44KB, 867x504px) Image search: [Google]
apoc_party_descriptions.png
44KB, 867x504px
Okay finally done. This is the apocalyptic campaign I ran for a while where one of the characters severed a woman's spine.
>>
File: filename.png (93KB, 823x998px) Image search: [Google]
filename.png
93KB, 823x998px
>>
File: 1491927884252.jpg (27KB, 705x696px) Image search: [Google]
1491927884252.jpg
27KB, 705x696px
>>53032357
Oh god I remember you. Your group is proper fucked up.
>>
>>53023739

Gib or gibe is an intentional corruption of "give"

They are asking you to give them a link so they can download your system and read it.
>>
>>53033050
lol. yeah they are kinda edgelords. I really like the potential for character development with her and him though.
>>
>>53032970
>Special eyes

>MY BRAND!!!
>>
File: 1341323335160s.jpg (8KB, 214x250px) Image search: [Google]
1341323335160s.jpg
8KB, 214x250px
>running 1-player campaign in quasi-Egyptian bronze age setting and the player gets her character's fashion cue from Dejah Thoris
>>
>>53033343
Okay. It's not well organized, it's no DM manual, just an explaination of my system and an unorganized wall of text. But it's a good adaptation of the fallout game system

Here: [
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz5Uomze6wJ_Znp6aFZhZmxZTTA?usp=sharing] is my whole setup, I honestly come up with alot of stuff on the spot because I care more about story than tedious numbers, and I come up with what the party does next the week before due to their "Sparatic" Nature.

As far as the things you could really use:

The basic info on how to play it (Sorry it's not well organized or described, I never thought anyone else would see this besides me.

Character template: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2yaAy6Fa8io81JEb4ZcgXbI0Ygru31e5_9_NImUft4/edit?usp=sharing

Perks (one per level, again not many as I am Kind of creating this as I go along): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2yaAy6Fa8io81JEb4ZcgXbI0Ygru31e5_9_NImUft4/edit?usp=sharing

Some generic enamies (The crusaders are a faction for my story, btw, sorry): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz5Uomze6wJ_ZEQzTmU5c1EwTFU?usp=sharing

>>53033343
>>53020540

Sorry for the terribleness of it all. I never thought anyone else would see it.
>>
>>53033756
wut?
>>
File: our heroes.png (109KB, 411x1093px) Image search: [Google]
our heroes.png
109KB, 411x1093px
>>
>>53033756
Hello there you.
How goes it?
>>
>>53034182
what system is this?
>>
File: Dawnwrath.png (62KB, 1176x780px) Image search: [Google]
Dawnwrath.png
62KB, 1176x780px
Here's mine. Clockwise: tank/non-magical acolyte of the holy warriors' order; fully-fledged Templar warrior with a prayer-blade; team ranger/marksman, drawing a phlogiston arrow; healer priest laying out some Prayer magic; and our dex fighter posing with his warbrand and mace.
>>
>>53036270
What is a warbrand?
>>
This thread needs to stay alive until tomorrow morning so I can contribute when it's not stupid fucking late at night.
>>
File: The Party.png (2MB, 1920x1150px) Image search: [Google]
The Party.png
2MB, 1920x1150px
>>53002921
I've been DMing these fellas for 5 and a half years now. Same characters all the way through. it has been one of the great joys of my life, and I needed to make sure I drew all 11 of us.

Two more to go.
>>
File: PartyEd.png (84KB, 1003x703px) Image search: [Google]
PartyEd.png
84KB, 1003x703px
>tfw got no mspaint for making shitty memes
>>
>>53036807
https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warbrand
>>
>>53039889
>Mobile version
>In german

Are you even trying?
>>
File: pair_of_dudes.gif (14KB, 674x588px) Image search: [Google]
pair_of_dudes.gif
14KB, 674x588px
>>53002921
>>
>>53016936
Lego shields are excellent
>>53005787
this looks like an awesome ride
what accent does joyce have, exactly?
>>53030554
>only sane person in the group
either you're a nasty gm with favoritisms no one can stand, or your players are genuinely annoying AF and I pity you.
>>
>>53040145
I was posting while sitting in traffic. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>53040549
I hope you were on your way to make Germany great again. Otherwise don't apologise to me, apologise to the 6 gorillion jews and carry on sucking those immigrants off. :^)
>>
>>53037295
cool.
>>
>>53040549
That's some dedication.
>>
File: Fallout Party.jpg (302KB, 1684x744px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout Party.jpg
302KB, 1684x744px
>Pathfinder system
>Post-apocalyptic setting based off of Fallout
>Most of the gods are weak, dead, or in hiding after the Great War and the corruption of the Outer Planes by Great Old Ones
>Big Bad are the Conclave and those allied with them
>Party searching for artifacts of power left over from and before the War to prevent the Conclave from wiping out everyone and The Great Old Ones from invading the Material Plane
>>
>>53040196
why is it a .gif?

>>53038832
does anyone style Bolkro's head and facial hair?
What does "probably dead" mean in this case?

>>53032357
Rivet and Alexie sound line NPCs who later became PCs. Is that the case?
>>
>>53030799
Tell us more about them and how they came to be a party please.

>>53016936
interesting curse for a man who hates weakness to be made to look like his crippled older brother who he abandoned.
Also says a lot about his flaws that this more triggered his vanity than anything.

The character is so interesting I'm barely even mad that he uses a farming scythe as weapon despite being a professional combatant/noble type.

>>53011154
I look forward to seeing this finished.

>>53012638
what system is this?
Was Sledge an amateur or professional body builder before becoming a superhero or did the body come with the powers?

>>53040803
>Developed a drinking problem late-game

Is this game over?
>>
>>53040849

I'd intended to animate it, and fucked it up.

And then apathy struck.
>>
>>53041000
Currently on long-term hiatus as two of the players were here for college, had to return home, and new timezones and schedules prevented them from skyping in.

We were lvl 13 and maybe 3-4 sessions from reaching our climactic final battle.
>>
File: FATE Party.png (85KB, 2386x536px) Image search: [Google]
FATE Party.png
85KB, 2386x536px
I've got a bunch of these that I've been drawing over the past couple years. I'll start with a big FATE party in a space western setting.
>>
File: DMP AD&D 111.png (41KB, 1464x620px) Image search: [Google]
DMP AD&D 111.png
41KB, 1464x620px
AD&D 1e, Greyhawk
>>
File: 7th Seas Party.png (24KB, 1038x596px) Image search: [Google]
7th Seas Party.png
24KB, 1038x596px
7th Sea
>>
>>53041117
That's sad. Make sure to at least stay in contact even if you can't play.

Also I highly recommend getting Discord. Its less glitchy than skype and I've found it makes organizing stuff for games much easier since you can make a server with separate text channels for IC, OOC, linkspam ("it looks like this" "lol that made me think of this"), and important setting info.

you can also do the same with voice channels on the server. In in one game I'm in that meets on Discord where there is one voice channel for playing and one for talking about where the game is going or working out problems or conflicts. Not saying that's a good idea for all groups just that its one use of the ability to set up multiple voice channels.

It also has in browser, standalone app, and phone app forms.
>>
File: 7th Sea NPCs 3.png (53KB, 1360x684px) Image search: [Google]
7th Sea NPCs 3.png
53KB, 1360x684px
And the 7th Sea NPCs
>>
>>53002921
Can someone post the 40k expansions for the "draw your party" template?
>>
>>53041253
I'm not too broken up about it. I'm running a dope game with the other three people who are still here while we wait.

I'll definitely mention Discord to the GM. Thank's for the recommendation!
>>
>>53040849
>does anyone style Bolkro's head and facial hair?
Bolkro doesn't believe in styling. I remember when I had to help him climb to a window and got a smell of his muddy boots. Ugh.
>What does "probably dead" mean in this case?
Last session we were in some weird dream where Bolkro got ripped in two by a nasty spider lady. Now it seems we're back in reality, but we don't know if he'll wake up too.
>>
>>53023061
The game didn't really fall through so much as the group picked up different characters over time and told/continued the story in different places with crossovers and continuity flowing from previous games. Pictures are several years behind at this point, a character of current party for example eventually ending up working for a character in next arc, leading around adventurers as the quest giver/plot device when they retire but get lycanthropy and become local problem for the group after that.
On the website the desert bug pick was chronologically accurate for having happened in the story arc after this one with a different group leading a tangential part of the story, which will attach in the next loop/game.
>>
>>53041238
>>53041222
background?
>>
>>53015313
Does anyone know the name of the artist that does these? I wanna see all of them.
>>
>>53041000

Virrasztas is sort of a sleeper character for us. He's low-key and experiences character development in a slow burn. Partly due to an unaddressed complex about living in the shadow of his infamous late father.

As I said, it's out of date--his scythe and obsession with power was basically a vanity project. He became friends with Geev, who encouraged him to meet with his brother again. He ditched the scythe for a sword (inspired by run-ins with Githyanki), and started learning Geev's ways.

Turns out his brother died years ago (not long after he left), and Geev died shortly after when protecting him. Virrasztas will be taking levels in Paladin soon.
>>
>>53043345
AD&D

>Maston
Blacksmith-turned-warrior. Pretty simple backstory on him.

>Davorin
Spent his first couple years of life in a valley elf village, which feel to disease. His mother died, but he and his target made it out alive. His father became a merchant in a nearby human town and remarried a human woman, whose brother, Cai became a mentor to Davorin.

In his teenage years, Davorin fell in with some unsavory characters, but grew to distance himself from them as he reached maturity. Cai remained his mentor, but ended up dying, and left his sword to Davorin in his will.

>Zelimir
Zemilir is somehow a very old Maynard who's been trying to practice magic his whole life but just never quite got the hang of it. He lost his wife, his family, and everyone in the pursuit of greatness, but still never rose above level one by the time he was in his seventies, going almost senile by the time his skills began to actually evolve.
>>
File: newcrewasda.png (44KB, 1412x238px) Image search: [Google]
newcrewasda.png
44KB, 1412x238px
Here's a discontinued one
Everyone past the kobold either retired and played a different character or played for like 2 sessions before disappearing forever.

We had Kala Kutani, the catfolk rogue (and her older sister), Atlan Autric; a nerdy wizard, Harriet Ironside; a generic warrior type, Alekk Vandil, the "Lawful Good" monk and his jojo reference, and Vel Voni, a little NPC kobold alchemist.

I really really liked my character (Kala Kutani) but it was kind of going nowhere and the DM had a fun idea for something completely different and it just kind of ended
>>
File: Side hoe crew - Copy.png (26KB, 598x205px) Image search: [Google]
Side hoe crew - Copy.png
26KB, 598x205px
Here's another discontinued one. The GM was absolutely insane.

We got Mercier, a tortured former paladin, afflicted with a burning Void curse, doing what he can in the time he has left, Mikhael, a starry eyed twink who just wants to do what's right, Anders, a smug bastard, Gunnare, some twisted alchemist weirdo, and Ivan, a ranger type who we never really got to know very well.

The campaign ended when Anders tried to solo an encounter with a Stage 2 Plague Undead, fled when the battle went sour, and ended up leading it back to the fort, where it murdered us all in our sleep.
Mercier was the only survivor.

Again, I really really liked my character (Mercier) so it kind of sucks that he's gone.
>>
File: badcrew reformatted2.png (166KB, 1726x950px) Image search: [Google]
badcrew reformatted2.png
166KB, 1726x950px
I also drew all of the enemies we encountered in the first discontinued campaign, if anyone's interested

I liked the eldritch piano
>>
>>53047254
>>53047381
>>53047455
That art is really frikkin cool anon
>>
>>53047254
>>53047381
>>53047455
I really like this art
>>
>>53047254
how did you make the picture? was t hand made?
>>
>>53047614
I drew it on a computer with a tablet.
Used Paint Tool Sai
>>
>>53047455
What's that last thing? Did you... Did you fight a giant green cock?
>>
>>53047940
Eldritch piano/organ I'd guess
>>
>>53047940
It was just like a generic flower/plant monster but I drew it in the shape of a chode as a joke
>>
>>53047254
>everyone past the kobold flaked
>two furries, a strong womyn, aragorn, harry potter and an alien

Wow yeah I am as surprised as you are.
>>
File: joj up.png (17KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
joj up.png
17KB, 350x350px
>>53048810
To be fair, the people who flaked contain a giant scaly and a literal dog, and the paladin just moved on to play a different character (the Harry Potter guy). Not pictured (because I didn't like the drawing is another guy who flaked who was playing a kobold with 3 arms who transformed jekyl-and-hyde style into a giant kobold

(also, the second furry was an NPC, and what do you mean by womyn? If you're talking about the monk then he's just a dude with a ponytail.
>>
>>53048810
>>53048945
The giant lizard guy is the coolest design there though, at least in my opinion
>>
File: apocalypse crew.png (16KB, 406x182px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse crew.png
16KB, 406x182px
Currently I've got this apocalypse world game going on.

There was somewhat of a discrepancy between what people were expecting the tone to be like; apparently it's more like Madworld than Mad Max. More Anarchy Reigns than Fallout.

We've got:
Alejandro Rojas (me): a Han Solo sort of Handsome Rogue who's on the run from mexican death gangs after sleeping with a mob boss's daughter.
Roladn: An old Veteran from the war that caused the apocalypse. He's seen it all
"Straight outta LA": This guy dressed as in a full knight's armour with a T-shirt with a target on it that says "Don't Miss" on top. He has like 3 grenade launchers and a Power Fist. The moment we met an NPC he immediately killed him.
Matilda: They're new so i don't know that much yet. So far they seem like a 'Yandere' mad doctor type. She seems fun.
>>
File: file.png (8KB, 301x225px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
8KB, 301x225px
>>53049385
I was talking about a separate giant lizard character.

I never really finished the drawing and also I thought it looked dumb. The character was a dick and we already had a red kobold alchemist on the team.
>>
>>53041538
>On the website the desert bug pick was chronologically accurate

What?
>>
>>53047455
We all just gonna ignore the speedo shark? I feel that needs a bit of explaining. same for saber tooth frog.
>>
File: drawmyparty.png (97KB, 1798x988px) Image search: [Google]
drawmyparty.png
97KB, 1798x988px
>>53002921

This is the party for my Saturday Pathfinder games. First time participating in one of these threads.
>>
>>53047081
>first couple years of life
>he and his target made it out alive.

This story of early life trajedy is made much more absurd and amusing my that spelling error.

I'm guessing "target" should be "father"?
>>
File: Deadlands party.png (72KB, 1508x904px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlands party.png
72KB, 1508x904px
>>
>>53049773
http://www.drawyouradventure.com/archive.html
the undergoing revision picture was the artist jumping ahead to where the table actually currently was in the sessions, having fallen so far behind he had considered doing a jump and trying to pick up from there. With the support and reaction of people taking interest in the drawings he decided to go back and try to depict it all the way through. That was years ago, and the pictures still aren't caught up to where that redacted picture is yet.
It's having to get the game of throes treatment, merging some characters into one, removing entirely or maybe just simplifying plot lines, etc I order to be understandable in snapshot form with only maybe 2 paragraphs to describe the important take aways from the events of several sessions
>>
>>53047081
Davorin's story doesn't seem to jive with the differences between how long it takes humans and elves to grow up.
>>
>>53049957
I apologize for typos and odd auto corrects, on phone
>>
>>53047455
Benis :DDD
>>
File: file.png (300KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
300KB, 500x350px
>>53049858
The walrus toad is a "Slurk". It's a sort of beast of burden used like cattle by dwarves, that got domesticated by a pack of kobolds.

As for the speedo shark, the GM was drunk.
>>
>>53049916
What program are you using to edit your drawings together?
>>
>>53049921
lol yes it should be father, I was on my phone so autocorrect fucked me.
>>53049969
According to the DMG elves reach physical maturity at around 25-30. In the newer additions they reach maturity at the same time as humans. Either way, I didn't see a problem with it.
>>
>>53049916
Why are all the tall people naked?

>>53049945
How does the prospector pay for his dynamite?

>>53050029
>As for the speedo shark, the GM was drunk.

Tell us more about this "the GM was drunk" session.
>>
>>53050029
>As for the speedo shark, the GM was drunk

Do tell.
>>
>>53050147
Oh ok. I though it took between 50 and 150 years.
>>
>>53050197
>>53050169
Honestly there's not much to say

We were on a boat and the DM was an hour late and we just fought sharks for a while while he made really, really bad puns.
>>
>>53050169
We only just started playing, so he payed for it with his starting cash. Seriously, Deadlands reloaded either gives you a wackload amount of money, or everything is fucking cheap-ass
>>
>>53050411
Just wait for the return, when the sharks reanimate into a haunted tide and wave of destruction following in your wake. The hurricane filled with the chum of bodies, and the gnawing mouths of the sharknado

And the nightwave will watch on, bedecked in his ethereal speedo of +10 bonus to swim speed
>>
>>53050107
I used MS Paint, and just made a gigantic canvas to have enough space to draw everything.
>>
>>53050169

The Humans are naked because I'm too lazy to draw armor.
>>
>>53046436

Check here.

http://www.drawyouradventure.com/archive.html
>>
>>53051314
learn to use GIMP or paint.net
something free with layers and select and fill tools.
makes doing these much faster/less shit
>>
>>53050478
Thanks for explaining.
How did the first session go?
>>
>>53040849
>Rivet and Alexie sound line NPCs who later became PCs. Is that the case?

Not quite. Alexie was made by Emil's player after Emil got a permanent leg injury. That player also constantly gets bored of characters and usually plays 2 to 3 throughout a campaign. Rivet was and still is an NPC, I included her because she's the mysterious-waif-plot-device character (hint: change one letter in her name and think Firefly and you'll know what her character is basically meant to be). I don't know how things are going to work out but actually her condition and impending doom means the characters might seek out the cult again for healing from the gods... and have to deal with the consequences. Who knows? I have like six different plotlines ready to go for this campaign, I wish I had those kinds of bursts of creativity for the Pathfinder and Star Wars campaigns I am running for that group as well.
>>
File: Alphonse party.png (141KB, 572x768px) Image search: [Google]
Alphonse party.png
141KB, 572x768px
>>53041000
Finally got around to finishing. Still need to clean up the characters and then put their names and descriptions on here as well as putting them in an order that makes sense.
>>
>>53053118
Curiosity over the read head in a wife beater and little else
>>
>>53053203
He's the magical cook.
>>
File: Alphonse party.png (140KB, 576x654px) Image search: [Google]
Alphonse party.png
140KB, 576x654px
>>53053118
Shit, forgot to give eyebrows and a mouth to one of them
>>
>>53031860
Kek

>>53041000
>Checked
He got fit, and does not actually have powers. He did raise the trio though, so it allows the GM (me) to have a small hand in the game. We use Mutants and Masterminds
>>
>>53053312
Top Row
>Lady Skye
Leader of the party. An ambitious noblewoman and adventurer.
>Yanick
A soldier of the neighboring country of Gallia. Joined the party in their New World expedition with his boss who has parted ways with the party a while back. He decided to stay.
>Driscoll
An Anglian mage specializing in sound. After getting cucked by his gf who was a spy and having his life ruined, he fucked off to the New World and lived with elves before being picked up by the party.
>Sabine
A half Gallian-half Anglian magic researcher as well as Gallian mage. Lost the use of her singing magic recently but is slowly learning fairy language to use it again.

Middle Row
>Moritz
Immoral necromancer. He's a veteran of a couple of wars and black ops operations that have left him with a few screws loose. Is planning something big.
>Roland
Moritz's exact opposite, a fire mage who is cool, composed and by the book. Him and Moritz do not get along. He was the result of an experiment which involved a heart and a piece of a witch's soul being implanted in him. The witch possessed him for a bit until being offered a position of great power to be a servant of a god like being. She left his body and hasn't been heard from since then.
>Fang
A clone soldier from the Han Empire. The party recruited her during the Han Civil War that they accidentally ran into and ended up being major players in.
>Phoenix
He doesn't have a name that the party knows, but he used to be in service of the Han Emperor before he was killed. Moritz used his necromancy in the few seconds between the Phoenix being died and reviving and managed to hijack the process, gaining himself an unwilling servant. Takes the form of a young boy.
>>
File: party.jpg (326KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
party.jpg
326KB, 1200x800px
Group of the FFVII campaign I am running. Not that you'd be able to tell, seeing I can't draw for shit.
>>
>>53054138
Bottom Row
>Claude
The party's newest member. A college student drafted into the military as an officer when the Great War suddenly broke out. He was not prepared for the realities of war and was utterly crushed. Has a drinking problem. Lady Skye decided that he was a liability on the field but since he was also a noble, she had no choice but to take him with her as her aide de camp to save the lives of his men.
>Hagen
A farmer and war veteran, Hagen is the best shot in the entire party. Probably one of the deadliest party members, his main weapon is a T-Gewehr. He makes good puns.
>Kat
The party's mechanic and driver. She is not an actual cat or a cat person. Recently made a contract with an elf god to gain the ability to use the elf version of water magic. Do not let her near a fence while she's driving the party's tank.
>Leo
The party's cook and youngest member. He uses his magic to infuse his food with healing properties. Often one of the few sane voices. Tends to use knives in combat more often than not.
>>
>>53054138
>>53054197
Another member of the same group here; for reference to the anons, the majority of the party are Valerian, which is the setting's not-Germany. Anglia is not-England, Gallia is not-France. Han is not-China, though in this setting they're also kind of the Britain to the Han Colonies' not-USA.
>>
>>53047455

Nice
>>
>>53053118
>>53053312
keep it up.
>>
>>53054141
Story please (of the game, NOT the clusterfuck that is FF VII)

What is the party striving toward?
>>
>>53054141
I really can't stand children player characters, but dressing the robot up as Black Mage is adorable. What is the story and what system are you using?
>>
>>53052698
It went well. We arrived by stagecoach, got stuck in a hold-up with bandits. Slave guy started shooting before they could even list demands.

After they dead or fleeing, we fix the cart and move on. Then later we join a sherrif posse to get rid of some bandits. They hold up in a mine, we go in and the top guy is working his own people and other captured people to death mining deeper for some reason.

We confront him, he turns around and his eyes are full black. Of course we bravely shoot him full of lead. He explodes in a flood of black ichor looking stuff.
End session.
>>
>>53056455
Sounds like some Cthulhu
>>
>>53056591
It's deadlands reloaded. The Weird West.
So probably some Cthulhu-esque stuff. But there's nothing a liberal amount of lead and dynamite wont solve.
>>
File: DnDKobaldFarbe.png (1MB, 6000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DnDKobaldFarbe.png
1MB, 6000x2000px
>>53047254
>)
>>53047381
>>53047455

Thats some fantastic artstyle anon
I realy like the archer and the knight of your second party, you realy bring the best out of that minimalistic artstyle you chose.

Genuinly curious: How long does it take you on average to create one of these? Is it a fast process or do you take a long time to get it to look the way it needs to look with minimal details?
Ive been trying something like that several times nad i keep getting carried away and it keeps taking forever.

Also do you make paper cutouts of these? Cause i think these could work realy well. I hope your DM apreciates that stuff.

I also wanted to draw each enemy we fight, but if i did that wed only play once in a month or something. Heres some kobalds i made for our game.
I also did the party but we recently got a new player so its lacking one.
>>
>>53032970
>magical girls
Kill yourself.
>>
File: buds.png (11KB, 353x276px) Image search: [Google]
buds.png
11KB, 353x276px
>>53056812
Thank u. Mercier was pretty difficult to draw because he's all the same colour all the way through

It's pretty quick to be honest.
Maybe an hour for each one. Half if it's one of the monsters (or more if it was the piano). I'm not really sure.

You just sort of make a silhouette and colour it in
Restricting yourself to the rule of "no outlines, no shading" keeps things pretty streamlined

Our group uses Roll20 (we live on other sides of the planet) so the icons are used as actual icons in the game.
>>
>>53057293
Im so used to lineart i have a big issue with drawing anyhting that doesnt have outlines.
I actually tried to get into pixel art once and it was a complete failure.
>>
File: lost party changeling WoD.png (108KB, 1814x822px) Image search: [Google]
lost party changeling WoD.png
108KB, 1814x822px
Anybody know whatever happened to Pandora's changeling group?
>>
File: 40K rpg party.jpg (245KB, 2355x806px) Image search: [Google]
40K rpg party.jpg
245KB, 2355x806px
>>
>>53057788
>titular captain

lmao
>>
File: heading to Quiet fast.png (88KB, 1345x900px) Image search: [Google]
heading to Quiet fast.png
88KB, 1345x900px
Recently-started M: tA group.
The Bhutanese guy was supposed to be wearing a gho, but I suck at image editing.
>>
>>53061220
sounds fun
>>
>>53062017
Mage is one of those games that's a fucking blast if you can tame it properly.
The Revised edition has far better lore, art and mood, but the rules are a dense. incomprehensible mess.
The 20th edition is chock-full of resources, tables, explanations, ideas and tweaks that make the game much more fun to play, but the only bad part is massive - it's so Tumblr that there's no discussion about Tumblr actively trying to make its way into the roleplaying industry (and on top of that, the artists and writers are also no-shit from Tumblr because neo-Wolf depends on freelancers and "community members" after Justin Achilli gutted the whole company back in 2004).
In a game about the universe being fundamentally changeable through force of will, and even after a canon rewrite that means that you can have local pockets of different realities (previous editions had the Technocracy having imposed their paradigm on the entire world), the book takes an entire sidebar to state that "gender and gender identity are objectively fluid, and all mages are enlightened enough to know that" - despite the new splats including Muslim, African and isolated-tribal mages by the bucketload.
It goes to great lengths to describe the many horrible ways you can kill someone in, describes examples of vindictive butch female characters using magic to kill, debilitate and cripple and then spins around to say that "causing someone to orgasm via magic is rape, and no mages but the Nephandi would ever do that".
The Nephandi have now been turned into the Patriarchy, because you can't blame the Progenitors now that gender reassignment is a buzzword (and of course the Progenitors and Void Engineers, the self-inserts of the Tumblr fanbase, are the only Technocrat Conventions who're sympathetic and the only ones whose example drawings aren't white suit-clad men rubbing their hands).
On top of that, the way the lore and Paradox changes are handled means the game can be played like WGA now.
>>
>>53062219
And don't even get me started on the small details - the way that you can judge the tone of a passage of text without even reading it from the gender and skin color of the person in the example picture, the ways in which the setting breaks with itself every time it gets in the way of Tumblr and of course the sheer dripping hypocrisy of creating a game about the power of will, the changeability of morals and the responsibility of controlling reality itself, then deciding which goals are objectively good for humanity, how colored you have to be to disregard lore and what kind of people are seemingly so special all of them Awaken.
Don't even get me started on the entire cabal of post-feminist sidecut Tumblrina bulldykes who "tap into" a freely altered Greek mythology and are seemingly composed entirely of the very narrow kind of people who also coincidentally happen to buy neo-Wolf products (in a setting where Awakening is vanishingly rare, and established cabals have a broader recruitment base and a much broader purview).
All in all, look up rules in the 20th corebook, use How Do I Do This for magic and use the corebook for everything else, especially including the lore and tone of the setting. Neo-Wolf changed the fundamental goals of the game to be a Shadowrun 5e-flavored fairy romp where you "seek freedom from oppressive norms and neurotypicals" by playing a clutch of melanin-enrichened young intellectuals who commit horrible atrocities against literal demon-worshiping patriarchs to save the poor immigrants and gender-special people, and of course it's drilled in (in spite of the focus on each mage's unique and personal way of practicing magic) that these mages all know that the world is first and foremost defined by the beliefs of Tumblr.
The setting once had interesting factions with interesting moralities, but now it's just a matter of if the majority of your Tradition is white or not.
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-17+at+09.14.48).jpg (303KB, 1402x916px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-17+at+09.14.48).jpg
303KB, 1402x916px
might as well post again
>>
>53062883
Setting?
>>
>>53063231
Demon: Why My Mom Is a Child Abuser, the mangled travesty of Demon: the Fallen.
As if the ridiculous "lolrandom" powers made to appeal to Tumblrites and people who unironically think liking JoJo makes them cool weren't enough, the setting is rotten to the bottom of it.
It takes a game that originally had mysteries, varied factions, interesting lore and (most importantly of all) a brilliant character hook for all characters (that every character picked the losing side in the fight against God, and everyone thus has made a major mistake at some point - you wouldn't believe how quickly it gets people to roleplay better) and turns it into an edgefest that's all about how God is a metaphor for your oppressive shitlord family that won't give you money for the iPhone you wanted.
The reason for the characters' very existence is a plot-hole-filled, contrived bumpy road that boils down to that God didn't give them everything and gave them orders, so they got buttmad and quit, but God is a metaphor for people's parents so he's literally a soulless machine who sends torture-master angels to kill the characters for not being perfectly satisfied with his rules.
It's a fucking mess. It's the kind of game that cleave-and-smite anti-anime types think every weeaboo, edgemaster or 14-year-old out there is playing, but even those people have too much shame to play Demon: the Descent into Pandering,
>>
>>53063405
>The autistic screeching of someone who has never read or played D:tD yet thinks the edgefest that was D:tF wasn't utter shit.
>>
>>53063405
what the hell is wrong wichu
>>
>>53063464
D:tF is the favorite or next-to-favorite WoD game of every one of the players in my group, and personal experience has taught me to equate liking the game with being a better-than-average roleplayer by virtue of understanding what's needed for a good story.
D: tF is only "edgy" if you think that introducing anything relating to demons or the Fall is edgy by default. If you'd actually read the corebook, just the corebook, you'd know that there are a wide spread of moods, factions and possible truths - there's actual moral ambiguity, because not even the Fallen know if God was at fault for the Fallen coming back into the world, if it's even a matter of "fault" and if He's even still alive. Torment, despite having an edgy name, is a measure of identity more than anything else - it measures how close a Fallen is to earnestly considering themselves an angel and thus being able to redeem themselves, and it's a better metaphor for identity and choice than the entire New World of Anne Rice After she Fired her Editor.
Compare that to the black-white God-Machine wankery of Descent, where all characters are by default justified martyrs on their path to vengeance against a God who committed the unforgivable sin of not letting His servants do whatever they wanted - yeah, I think there are some gaps in narrative and characterization that don't even need to be explained.
D: tF had plenty of edgy elements, but tied them all together in a way that left choice in the hands of the players and GM, didn't punish characters who didn't believe in the One Truth, encouraged the creation of flawed characters, left something to be explored and gave the proper tools for both puerile Satan-parties and more subdued, serious games.
>>
>>53063464
>>53063817
And then we have games like Geist, Beast and D: tD that perfectly sum up the nWoD - the main conflict of the games is already obvious and underway at the starting point, the authors are assuming you'll choose one side over the others, splats are either all about powers or forcibly tie the character into an unengaging faction metaplot, the morality of the entire game is leaning towards the group the writers wanted to pander to, the character generation encourages "unique" characters with few shortcomings and the game assumes that you'll be playing the moods and themes as written and that's that.
Those games are inflexible, unbalanced and narratively uninteresting travesties where congruency is subordinate to the sociopolitical "goal" of the game, where the main motivating factor for the game is the feeling of justification, where an even slightly skeptic view on the One True Lore makes you a villain and where the metaphors and conflicts stop at the level of Tumblr's current asspains and never actually widen enough that normal groups can use it too.
The only reason that people keep playing these bloated, shoddily edited, shrilly propagandistic violations of intellectual property is that they promise people "cool powers like in (insert trending web-TV series or HBO serial here)" and characters who have a baked-in, metaplot-supported, writer-supported excuse to be frothing murderhoboes while still being lauded as "enabling".
Your turn.
>>
>>53063836
>All this bullshit.
Sure thing there guy. The fact that you're comparing the lore of Geist and D:tD to Beast of all things, and claiming the setting "excuses you to be frothing murderhoboes" makes it clear you've never played either of them, or are just retarded.
Is Beast and everything else OPP has put out lately tumblr shit? Yes. Was V:tR to D:tD tumblr shit? No.
>>
>>53064083
The change was subtle, and you might not have gotten it.
The Tumblr started all the way from 2004. V. tR was the closest you get to a game without Tumblroid garbage in it, and even that was just a disappointing flash in the pan that set out to fix Masquerade's problems, proved that there was all of one thing it could fix (the clans) and then made an even bigger mess out of them with the Bloodlines books than old White Wolf did.
Then came W: tF, with its special shamanist trans werewolves, and there it started. It's hard to spot, because Apocalypse was a fucking tree-hugger game too, but the lack of irony, the lack of other solutions and the shoehorned-in sociopolitical morals come in here.
Demon: the Descent and Geist were both Tumblr, but they weren't so in a sociopolitical way (though Geist could get shrill about it) - they're revenge fantasies that present an enemy, a set of qualifiers to be good that the characters meet by default, a reason you've been "oppressed" and a set of powers with what to do it with. While there are many other things to do in the setting - theoretically - if you don't want to murderhobo, the setting paints a huge fucking target on the antagonists' heads and makes sure that there's a way for characters to go full-on revenge list if they feel like it. Geist, especially, is a game entirely built around the idea of being wronged, "coming back to show them" and using cruel and inventive powers to "get revenge" against people who haven't really done anything in particular. D: tD is an exercise in being 14 years old - someone half the age could come up with the "clever" plot and themes of the whole game, which boil down to that Mommy didn't give you everything you wanted from your birthday and you're going to have to run away from your family, live on the run and kill her someday because your soul has been forever scarred by her slavery and repeated violations in the form of telling you to take out the garbage.
>>
>>53064083
>>53064249
In short, while Beast was what really started the shrill sociopolitical propaganda-mongering, what underlined the Tumblr-user worldview of the nWoD and its fans were the earlier games. They wear the skin of the old games, and use pop-culture references and the buzzword "subtle" to make the players feel they're bright for playing it, but present them with nothing but a linear path from being a martyr to receiving one's justified reward, with everything else being left up to the Storyteller. They're narratively stunted ripoffs that sell cheap revenge fantasies to bloated hambeasts with blue sidecuts who're eager to find more and more things to blame for the fact that they don't have a job, don't have any competences, have a horrible personality and choose to scream and stuff their face with Twinkies as soon as someone offers multiple choices of any meaningful kind.
The WoD ended in 2004. Suck it up.
>>
>>53064249
Other guy here. How did the Bloodlines books mess V:TR up even more?
>>
>>53064339
The one good thing that Requiem did was try to boil down the otherwise far-flung Masquerade metaplot filled with strange and weird splats, trying to get it back to the intended setting in which there were still unknowns in the world, clans weren't restricted by ethnicity/region, clans still had connections to vampire myth and most vampires would be best served staying inside their city.
One of the ways this was done was boiling down the many clans and bloodlines, many of which were exclusive to some kind of ethnicity, region, organization or faction, to five main ones that had a strong connection to vampire myth. The Daeva stood for the fear of moral corruption, the Nosferatu for the fear of the unnatural, the Gangrel for the fear of predation, the Ventrue for the fear of being dominated and the Mekhet for the fear of the unknown.
This was focused and built around, made into a central point in the corebook - and then forgotten when three books full of tiny, region-restricted, ethnicity-restricted bloodlines with a very fading connection to actual vampire myth and themes were introduced shortly after each other.
The setting wasn't written to include these bloodlines, and it has to be turned on its head to even get some of them into a game. Their powers are either metagamey or unfitting with vampire myth, undermining the large amount of fluff that went into reestablishing that connection.
TL;DR: Neo-Wolf built the setting around a more local, paranoid feel with less foreigners and less bizarre powers, to make the vampire part of vampires scary and alien again and encourage more focused roleplay - and then dumped in three books of special Asian and African vampires with their own special powers that act as incentive for players to break the game.
>>
>>53064485
So the lesson to take away is that nWoD is basically impossible to salvage?
>>
File: For (You).png (65KB, 286x308px) Image search: [Google]
For (You).png
65KB, 286x308px
>>53064485
Holy fuck you are just retarded. Alright then, glad to have sorted that out.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-04+at+10.39.35).jpg (248KB, 1445x609px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-04+at+10.39.35).jpg
248KB, 1445x609px
Shadowrun party.

I think it's pretty self-explanatory.
>>
>>53064984
not really.
There are plenty of shadowrun parties that look something like that but have rather different stories behind them.
Tell us more about your party.
>>
>>53065354 alright, fine.

The party is called the B-Team.

Bones Jones: Face (skull?) of the party, an ever elegant bartender who can also shoot the gun.
Big Buck: Your typical over-enthusiastic orc shooty guy with a hidden heart of gold
Baku Hatsu: Narcoleptic explosion expert.
Burnout: Decker, driver and local asshole straight out of Jersey Shore.
Bacon: Tard wrangler, technomancer and the best lasagna cook in Seattle
Blasto: Retarded mage who prefers flashy combat spells even though he's much better at illusion and manipulation.
>>
>>53065558
i'd tell more but we only just started
>>
>>53061220
where is this game set?
>>
>>53062883
if she never says anything then why is she mad she hasn't gotten any?

even mutes can communicate.
>>
File: He Mad.jpg (127KB, 512x359px) Image search: [Google]
He Mad.jpg
127KB, 512x359px
>>53063405
>>
>>53065845
>>53065558
tell me how you came up with the, actually pretty expressive, art for each character given that you've only just started.
>>
>>53064984
>>53065558
>>53065845
your party drawing is fun.
>>
>>53015313
>>53051465

I'm in awe. Thirty images is rather impressive.

Still though, the Cleric was in the wrong, and it's not because he was Evil. All he needed to do was reign in his Necromancy and stop making so many skeletons. Then he could have stuck with the group.

I had a Diabolist who never got the other members of her party in an uproar because she did all her shady shit behind the scenes.
>>
>>53067340
what system is this?
>>
>>53067575
whoops wrong thread

No system, sorry!
(it would be a really cool system though)
>>
>>53067713
post link to thread.
>>
>>53067878
>>>/co/92091210
>>
>>53067087
There were some comical circumstances where the paladin asked him to stop making more undead while they walked through a shinning(as the book, with living topiaries, but also golems haunts traps and the undead people who got lost in it) hedge maze into the house proper, to thename have him sneak off to make use of the abundant bodies around (ended up making a Scooby-Doo gang of zombies) with the mindset that the gibbering mouthers and other mind warping horrors needed mentally stable warriors to best.
Which lead to a dopple ganger taking his part in the group, while they fought the furniture and feast as they animated inside. Showing up late, with "survivors he rescued", it didn't take long to determine who was who. One of the Dopples became reoccurring issue when later splitting up, but the skeletons got put down regardless after the party literally got stabbed in the back(by dopplerogue) due to his negligence
>>
>>53002921
>1445799765884.png
Where are the supplements to this template?
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.