[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Dungeon TTRPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: header (1).jpg (59KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
59KB, 460x215px
What system should I use to make a Darkest Dungeon stype game and how should I go about it?
>>
>>52999316
Torchbearer
>>
>>52999316
I did it with GURPS. Low-powered characters, strong monsters. The only things you lack is a stress system and light system, but you can easily do your own (or ask for mine, I don't mind to give them). It worked pretty well.
>>
>>52999316
Unknown Armies.
>>
>>52999316
Most systems would work as long as you do what darkest dungeon does and lock the characters to Level 6. Even shit like 3.5e/PF doesn't get truly broken until about level 10.

5e DND might work well if you're already familiar with the system due to bounded accuracy you can put some monsters that by all accounts should be impossible to kill but with the right tactics they could make it through (with the odd casualty here and there).

WFRP might work okay since it's a little more technologically advanced than most well known systems. But yeah, pick one you're familiar with, and work from there. Just remember, Darkest Dungeon pulls no punches, neither should you.
>>
>>52999330
What's that? I've never heard of it.
>>
>>52999316
Show up to the table with an assortment of objects to be inserted into the players rectums and tell them that the winner is the one who can fit all of the cocks in your dungeon inside him/her.

Alternatively WHRP or check out "The God that Crawls" for some good inspiration for a "Keep moving" mechanic.
>>
>>52999470
it's a game for dungeon crawling. The basic mechanics:

every four actions the players take everyone earns a condition in the order
>hungry and thirsty
>exhausted
>angry
>sick
>injured
>dead
so basically just being in the dungeon long enough without rest will make your character die of exhaustion.

In order to recover any of these conditions you need to set up camp and make downtime actions. During camp you can take actions by spending 'checks', you earn these checks by using one of your character's traits to hinder yourself in a roll.

The game is also careful about tracking light and rations.
>>
>>52999316
I think Darkest Dungeon would make a better board game, honestly; players competing to make their town the best through dungeon crawling or something.
>>
>>52999316
Has it been a week already? Man time sure does fly.
>>
>>52999642
>board game

More like a card game.
>>
would OP be doing the narrator voice?
>>
>>52999316
Zweihander
>>
Shadow of the Demon Lord maybe?
>>
Fun fact: Darkest Dungeon is literally based on Torchbearer. The devs got the idea for the game from Torchbearer.
>>
>>53000418
>>53000343
What are those games like?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.